All categories

Kahoot!

Game-based learning platform with presentation capabilities

Kahoot! Reviews

Pros

We are so happy we found Kahoot, which was very easy to integrate, set up, and create fun classroom engagement.

Feigie G.

What I like most about this software is that not only is it very easy to use but it allows a very fun learning experience.

Eve C.

Is a great way to help you learn something you need to learn and fun because it plays out in a game also works with your crew you can help them learn and win prizes at the same time.

Jennifer M.

Cons

It is also very vulnerable of spam and attacks like spam bots, answer cheats and other things. The security could be better.

Lael A.

My only complaint is that it sometimes glitches and if the kids accidentally presses the wrong answer, there is no way to correct it.

Recently, we were told we could no longer use this software in school because the company refused to sign waivers for our technology department. The staff and students are severely upset by this.

1,313 reviews

I can not say enough positive things!

Transcript

Rachel: Hi, my name is Rachel. I am a middle school history teacher, and I would give Kahoot! a five...

Fun and easy to use

Transcript

Phil C.: Hi. I'm Phil, and I am a middle and high school teacher. I would give Kahoot! five out of five...

A new trend of quizzes with Kahoot!

Kahoot is a platform developed to create online quizzes and assignments. We can make a list of questions using Kahoot and then create a game. In this game questions are given as multiple choice questions which has four choices for each question and we have to include that four answers when we creating the game. After creating the game Kahoot provide a pin code. Players can join to the game using that...

Pros

Kahoot included many features to attract people to their platform. It has attractive user interface on their website. This makes our work easier either we creating a game or playing a game. Kahoot made our quizzes and assignments more joyful to do when compared with traditional way of writing quizzes and assignments. This saves our time lot. Since the results of the game generated automatically after...

Cons

I have found some issues when using this platform. We need good internet connection to use Kahoot. I am disconnected few times when using this. But this is not a fault of Kahoot. Questionnaire must be re-started if the sever faced any connection problem. Only the symbols related to the answers will be shown on players’ display. Sometimes this can be messing watching relevant symbol again and again...

Best Learning Tool

I absolutely love Kahoot because it is a highly interactive platform that allows for learning to be fun. It keeps students interested in learning and also allows for the teachers to be able to create reviews in an easy and effective way. Kahoot is easy to use and definitely a great value for the money. Overall, a great experience.

Pros

Kahoot is a platform with a friendly user interface, which makes it extremely fun to use. I use this program in a lot of my classes, as it is definitely a fan favorite. Students are more engaged when it comes to learning due to how interactive a platform Kahoot is. After inputting questions based on the unit covered in class, Kahoot generates a pin that students are able to enter into the Kahoot website...

Cons

While there was little to dislike about this platform, it definitely has room for improvement. For example, if students press a wrong answer by mistake while playing the game, they are not able to go back and change it before the time is up. Additionally, a feature allowing for players to submit text answers rather than just multiple choice would be extremely helpful.

Fun, Engaging Learning Tool

Kahoot! is a nice product that helps keep learners engaged. I wouldn't say--in my own personal opinion, of course--that it is the best tool of its kind out there, but they definitely were pioneers in this field and deserve your attention. It's more than worth a look, but be sure to check out other options as well, if for no other reason that to have multiple tools in your belt. Variety is always nice!

Pros

The obvious best feature of Kahoot! is how it gamifies learning. Just by adding a timer and points, players are more engaged and focused on learning the content and showcasing understanding. The ability to search user-created Kahoot!s (quizzes, polls, etc.) is incredible. I don't have to spend time creating all of my games, I can instead search by keyword to see if a user has already create a relevant game that I can utilize. Games made by Kahoot! staff or certified experts are especially useful, making it easier to find a "professional" game that is age appropriate and of high-quality.

Cons

Game creation is pretty straightforward, but it can be confusing at first. More visible or accessible training would be appreciated for new users. Also, it would be nice if "student" users had the ability to share their Kahoot! with others. My students make some awesome games sometimes, but they can't share them with me so I can run them live in front of my class. Als, it's petty, but I miss when I wasn't getting constant offers to upgrade to paid versions. The free version is amazing and comes with more than enough features to work with. I don't fault the developers for trying to increase their profit, but the constant advertisements make navigating the site irritating at times.

Fun Interactive Game

Pandemic has made our companies monthly to quarterly meeting including events lame because everything has to be virtual but when we started using Kahoot every online event, the online programs became more interactive and fun. I am working at a bank and every event and meetings we have instead of renting a big place for everyone to gather and enjoy pandemic made us celebrate on each branches so we didnt get to have fun with other people from other branches, that was before Kahoot, now everyone is competitive to win on Kahoot games because our company bosses would send prizes for the winners.

Pros

The best feature i think s the interaction from different places at the same time. Also it's unbelievable that results are finalized real time, it is only a matter of internet speed for each of the participants.

Cons

I hope the developers can add a feature where the host can formulate and customize questions. Aside from that new other games would for sure excite the users more.

Kahoot Explored

Kahoot has brought listener response to the next level as users are hooked with its interactive display and game mode setting. Users and administrators love it because it gives instant feedback from listeners.

Pros

Kahoot is a highly interactive way to assess knowledge using a game format. It brings out excitement with its users as the users feel they are playing a game rather than reviewing essential material. It is very easy to use, and allows the users to get immediate responses and feedback from their intended audience. The software allows the user to build a question and offer four possible answers. the user can assign a certain amount of time to each question. Students, or users get to earn points based on their correct answers and the speed at which they answered it.

Cons

There is not o function to measure open response questions. The software is limited to only multiple choice or true and false. Also, sometimes those interacting with it aim for speed over right answers.

Instant Fun and Functionality

As doing a lot of school marketing, my focus on giving the students what they enjoy and think is "cool" is important to me. Constant games of Kahoot! gave me create ideas and information on how to plan and help with our homecoming week! It keeps students interested and gives them a good time, and I get to work behind the scenes to give out school the best image in the area.

Pros

It is so easy to create Kahoot! games, however big or detailed you want to make the game. There are plenty of options to customize your creations, and can creatively be put to use. This software is a very effective tool in polling the students of a high school, and collecting useful data from them about decisions we make marketing in the school. Obviously, there is a great use in the software for playing fun and educational games too.

Cons

Kahoot moves fast, and the dropout rate from games is limiting in having consistent data. A lot of players can slow down the games trying to load.

Amazing product for company onboarding and training!

Amazing, they truly make training easier and more engaging

Pros

It’s so easy to set up and requires no effort from employees (in my case not all of them are tech savvy and it’s a great relief to avoid excessive installation instructions). We transferred our entire onboarding presentations to Kahoot! as well as created a bunch of work safety quizzes. Employees are happy, trainers are relieved :)

Cons

It would be great if we can choose our own feature list tailored to our company needs, as currently we’re paying for the top tier plan that gives us huge player limits even though we only have 40 people in our team; but we can’t downgrade as we need some extra features included in the top tier plan

Great for trivia and other stuff like that.

It was a decent app it is popular but it has a lot of flaws

Pros

It is real time so no lag and problems like that.

Cons

Kahoot has a lack of features and the person who setups up the game has to show their screen to others for the answer options. It is also very vulnerable of spam and attacks like spam bots, answer cheats and other things. the security could be better.

A fun way to make quizes for the class

I think this tool has helped a lot in the learning process of many courses.

Pros

This tool is dynamic and fun, the image and the song are very friendly to the users.

Cons

I think one unlikely feature is that you cannot change your answer once you chose an option. And also the question doesn't appear on the students' screen.

Funcionalidad

En general nuestra experiencia con este software a sido muy divertida haciendo el trato con nuestros empleados o nuestros clientes en cursos o reuniones haya sido mas divertida.

Pros

Lo que mas nos gusta del software es que es muy innovador, fácil de utilizar y que no es necesario instalar ninguna app para poder participar en las partidas creadas, únicamente tienes que acceder a un enlace introducir el nombre de la partida y el nombre y ya puedes participar.

Cons

Una de las desventajas que no nos ha gustado son problemas técnicos de conexión o la limitada personalización de algunos aspectos como la música del juego o los colores. Pero por lo demás todo perfecto.

I Used to Absolutely Love Kahoot...But Now???

Kahoot is absolutely incredible for review of content knowledge, assessments for learning and delivery of content instruction. Kahoot is fun and engaging. I only wish It had a better interface with google classroom.

Pros

I absolutely loved Kahoot. Interactive games for the students with almost total engagement was really a huge part of my in-person reviews and assessments, both for learning and of learning! Kahoot has such an ease of use and many many shared Kahoot games to discover listed by grade, topic, subject and in some cases, even textbook. There is very little need to generate new content as there is so much available. A teacher can edit and tailor the games to the teacher's needs or use one just as is. I definitely suggest previewing it first as some content is student generated and might not be as accurate as needed for instruction. Kahoot can also be launched using google classroom and has useful report feature as well. Kahoot was a very valuable tool in my teacher's bag of tricks.

Cons

For in-person learning, Kahoot was great! But, everything change with COVID 19 Quarantine teaching. Very generously, the kahoot folks upgraded my subscription, so I was able to use more functions. It was very kind of them as most of the world struggled to keep education going for the last few months of the school year. Kahoot really stepped up and educators everywhere I am sure are grateful....

The Best Way To Teach Students: A Competition

Kahoot is one of the best tools teachers can have for their students. It not only works for young elementary schoolers but also with college students as well. It's simple design allows for users to easily access it while at the same time learning or reviewing something. Kahoot does need some improvements but as it stands, Kahoot could make a boring day in class a little more entertaining and engaging, especially if there were a prize towards the winners, which was basically the motives to all the middle-schoolers I helped teach for a day.

Pros

Kahoot has been a staple feature in many public schools throughout the past 6 years. Kahoot allows boring quizzes to become a fun competition against your peers and classmates. Although it has a very simple concept, it's bright colors, catchy music, and point system makes it seem more like you're on a game show rather than powering through a test that no one wanted to take. Since most people have some...

Cons

In all honesty, Kahoot does not have too much to improve upon. Its website is user friendly and straightforward. However, I do have some suggestions for improvements. My first would be to add more music or allow the choice of using a selection of songs that have the proper copyright claims or are copyright free. Although catchy, it can become old a little quicker if the same song is played for every...

Students love Kahoot! Teachers love Kahoot!

Creating engaging and exciting assessments for students so that I can check for understanding on key concepts.

Pros

Kahoot is a brilliant creation! If you teach in a one-to-one setting or have access to devices, you need to consider using Kahoot right away! Basically, it's a student assessment tool, but you it's a game-like setting, which makes it fun for the students. Here's why I love it: - First off, students love playing it! The friendly competition is engaging and they are always excited to share what...

Cons

I am a big fan of Kahoot, so I have nothing to complain about. I would just recommend users to use it wisely. If you want extremely reliable data with little error, you may want to choose another platform. Kahoot encourages students to think and answer quickly, and they may lead them to occasionally select the wrong answer by accident or because of the time feature. You obviously wouldn't use this...

Ottimo software per la gamification a scuola

Gli studenti sono invogliati a partecipare per arrivare in alto nella classifica generale, spinti anche dalle colonne sonore accattivanti che creano l’atmosfera di un quiz televisivo. Consigliatissimo.

Pros

Se cerchi un software per la verifica formativa dei tuoi studenti Kahoot! è il tuo software. Consente di creare quiz interattivi con domande di diverso tipo (vero o falso, scelta multipla, risposta breve…) in cui gli studenti si sfidano dal vivo in una gara entusiasmante che premia, oltre che la risposta corretta, anche la velocità. Il docente proietta la domanda su uno schermo e ciascuno studente...

Cons

Purtroppo nella versione free non tutte le funzionalità sono disponibili come ad esempio la scrittura delle domande con apici e pedici, i report finali sono più scarni…

Great classroom interactivity booster

While Kahoot! may be one of those things that instructors might get tired of quickly, students almost always seem to enjoy using it--and there has been at least one academic study that confirms students never seem to get tired of the competition aspect of Kahoot! It almost always gets positive reviews in my classes, and so I will continue to rely on it as long as it remains free.

Pros

If you are looking for a way to liven up classroom discussions and participations, and you haven't given Kahoot! a try, you really do owe it to yourself to test it out. Students really seem to enjoy the competitive aspect of the system, and using their smartphones as "buzzers" to answer questions. The gameplay itself can be highly customized (they recently added a number of updates and new features, including new music choices to play while students are thinking); I have used Kahoot! to facilitate exam reviews, and colleagues have used it to run reinforcement "drills" for topics ranging from bivariate correlation to identifying bacteria.

Cons

Using your smartphone as an answering device takes some getting used to, as you have to match shapes (e.g., tap on a button with a circle to choose an answer marked with a circle) to choose your answer instead of a more "traditional" choice like A/B/C/D. Some instructors also don't care for the fact that students can choose their own username and anything goes, which can make it challenging to figure out who is responding/winning. There is also the tiniest learning curve when it comes to customization, but after a couple of uses, it's quite easy to configure.

Kahoot! Fundamental in all classrooms

Today it would be unthinkable to teach without Kahoot's help! and the application became the center of all my teaching activity. In fact, in recent years, I believe that there has been a real revolution in the way we teach and learn, thanks to these types of applications that have brought the game into the classroom. With these tools, students today learn much more and more quickly!

Pros

I use Kahoot! for a long time and the application quickly became essential in my classes, mainly because my students find it fantastic and are always waiting to participate in another game. With its use, learning has become much more fluid, simple and efficient. Almost all students learn much more quickly if we use Kahoot !, while greatly reducing bad behavior and inattention in class. Kahoot! it can also be used in e-learning which is an added advantage in these times when we can be teaching from home.

Cons

Compared to other applications, Kahoot! it can have the defect that all students are taking the same quiz with the same questions at the same time, since the questions are asked on the projector screen. However, this fact also allows for greater competitiveness and student involvement.

Kahoot: The Interactive Quiz Game

Overall, Kahoot is a fresh way to conduct surveys and presentations and I think that it has a lot of potential. I highly recommend businesses to try out Kahoot and see how fun it is.

Pros

While most people associate Kahoot with school, Kahoot is a fun and interactive way to present information, even in a business setting. Kahoot is surprisingly versatile and can be used for research, business training etc. The simplicity of Kahoot is very appealing both for the creator and players. One of the best things is that the player do not require a Kahoot account; all they need is the game pin. Not only this, Kahoot can also collect open ended answers which can be very useful at times, especially when doing market research. The Pro version is great because it comes with templates, quick polls and puzzles. For business use, you can create a presentation with interactive questions sprinkled throughout, which really adds a fun level of interactivity to the presentation.

Cons

Occasionally, there can be issues if the internet connection is poor which is rather annoying as it can cause disconnections. Kahoot can also be somewhat limiting if you want to make more complicated questions because of the strict character limit.

Easy to Use

It works well for educational settings and you can't beat free! I prefer other products for a more professional look (but they are limited to 40 responses for free) and use another similar product instead now due to answer choices appearing on student devices and ability to create lessons.

Pros

Kahoot is easy for anyone to use and set up everything from Review sessions to birthday quizzes.

Cons

Having to view the choices on main screen and then select them on personal devices was awkward.

The highlight of every class

While students feel like they are playing a game and compete with each other, Kahoot! brings great benefits for teachers as well. They can see which topics their students have already grasped and which topics they still struggle with. Since it’s anyonymous, it provides much better feedback than direct conversation. It’s great fun for everyone and the highlight of every class.

Pros

Kahoot! makes learning something feel like playing a game. Almost everyone can take part – given that they have a device and a stable internet connection, which might be a challenge in settings like large conferences. The UI is simple, friendly and fun. Question types range from simply yes/no questions to more complicated ones, where both questions and answers can be based on images. The latter one is very useful in a mathematical context. All in all, there is almost no scenario of classrom interaction that couldn’t be replicated with Kahoot!

Cons

There used to be one major issue that I had with Kahoot! It was that every player was able choose their own name. Depending on how mature the audience was, there were people who regularly saw this as an opportunity to troll and offend everyone by injecting slurs and insults. Kahoot! has responded to this issue and started to offer a nickname generator which automatically produces friendly names for everyone. I think that’s a great move and it should be the default setting for every game.

Kahoot Review

Overall Kahoot is a very useful software. I would definitely recommend to anyone try to teach an audience that is Grade 12 or younger to any grade that can understand the concept of a quiz. This is very useful for a teacher who is trying to engage the students more because it has a lot of visuals and sounds that help with that. It could use some minor fixes but overall it's a great software especially for teaching and making quizzes fun and killing time by exploring the countless trivia from all the different categories to chose from.

Pros

This software is very useful for teaching and learning. It's a fun way to learn and teach. My teachers have used it plenty of times in past for quizzes and to just have fun with the class. This software makes it easy and fun to do quizzes, especially to a younger audience (Grade 2 - Grade 12). There are plenty of quizzes to chose from and there are a lot of different categories as well. You can also make your own quiz and customize to your liking all you want from how much time the students have to answer the question and to the visuals you would like to add etc. You can also add your own music as well. It is very useful in the field of education.

Cons

This software could be somewhat of a challenge for a teacher who is new to technology meaning the user interface could use a bit of a touch up to make it easier for the user to host a quiz. Another con I have noticed throughout my several years of use of this software is that it is very easy to disrupt a quiz by adding bots to your session that can range from having inappropriate nicknames to simply crashing your session due to the sheer size of users in the sessions. This could be prevented by some sort of security check or captcha to not allow any bots to get through.

Quality Classroom Review Tool

Kahut was a great tool used regularly for classroom engagement in reviewing materials. It was affective and students enjoyed using it almost as if it were just a game, not reviewing their lesson materials. I would recommend every educator, especially secondary educators, looking to using Kahoot in the classrooms.

Pros

Kahoot is a software product that is used frequently in my classroom because it allows students to interact in real time with review material and compete against their peers. Classroom engagement is one of the most important aspects of teaching, and especially in a post Covid environment it is really important to increase engagement in learning person to have been impacted by quarantine. Kahoot makes it possible for Teachers to build their own reviews, which I recommend, but it also allows teachers to use material that is already in the cloud. I would highly recommend educators, especially of secondary students who have their own electronic devices, to use Kahoot in their classrooms.

Cons

Some of the premade material on Kahoot Is rather elementary so it is my recommendation that educators build their own material and reviews for their classroom content instead of using but it’s already programmed in by other teachers. Tailoring the software to your own classroom meets is going to make this software the most successful.

Educator - middle school science and Instructional Technology Facilitator

Pros

Kahoot is definitely a fun way to engage your kids in questions that relate to your content. It's easy and quick to use. There's a database with tons of question sets created by other teachers, and it's simple to access these sets and use that game in your class. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also create your own which takes very little time. It's easy for students to get into...

Cons

Due to the game-like environment it creates, you can't extensively rely on the data gathered from the assessment. Nor can you track individual growth over periods of time. But there are other tools designed for that, so just use Kahoot appropriately.

Go-To Lesson Activity!

I used Kahoot at least one time each lesson to review vocabulary words, complete fill-in-the-blank questions, and review cultural concepts presented in the lesson. I use the results of this fun quiz-game activity to determine wether the students have mastered key concepts of the lesson or not and I make decisions on future lessons based on that data.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to navigate as a teacher and it's even more intuitive for students. You are able to create your own interactive quiz games to fit your lesson plans, or you can search for games already made by other teachers on the same topic. I have taken advantage of that feature several times when I was lesson planning on a time crunch. You are also able to use fun pictures and the software plays fun game-show music that really contributes to a fun learning environment. Another amazing feature Kahoot offers is an option to look through the results of the quiz game when it is over in order to determine which students have mastered certain concepts and which still need more practice. It helps me greatly with the pacing of my lessons.

Cons

The only complaint I have about this software is that students are allowed to chose their own name. I do like that students are given that freedom, but not all students chose the most appropriate names. So, I would love to see an "assigned name" option for classes that may not handle the freedom to chose their own name as well as others.

Kahoot! Making Learning a game show!

Students can be assessed for/as learning through Kahoot! in a fun way, they can use their own device through the Kahoot! app to enter their responses. Kahoot! should be part of any iPad/Desktop image for School Boards.

Pros

This software allows me to easily engage my students through a multiple choice questions delivered in a game show ambiance. I use it on my classroom's Smartboard and students from grade 9 to 12 love it. They often enquire on when the next Kahoot! will be. Being able to integrate images and videos really brings the questions to life. I love that I am able to search for content created by other professionals and duplicate/modify it, a real time saver.

Cons

Some of the organisational aspects of the Kahoot web site is reserved to paying customers although the student experience isn't limited by the free version. I wish there was a way of rating the Kahoots created by others as sometimes the quality of the created content can be off. You have to verify the content before using it with your students. Like all software that points to YouTube videos, sometimes the links can be dead. I would love to see a greater variety of game modes that recycle the question bank. I would also like to see an option to evaluate students in a more formal style through the software.

Kahoot!

My overall experience with Kahoot is always amazing! Everytime I use it I always do better on my exams, which improves my overall grade in the class! I highly recommend Kahoot and I will continue to use this software.

Pros

A feature that I love about Kahoot is that not everything has to be a competition, this software can be broken down into groups, which is super helpful. This software is really easy to use and I also love that my grades has been improving with this because my professor uses Kahoot to review before an exam, which helps me do better during the exams! I absolutely love this so much!

Cons

One feature I hope to improve in the future is that Kahoot needs Wifi in order to participate, but all schools usually have Wifi so It does not bother me at all. Also, it is understandable that this sotware needs wifi. I still love using this and always recommend this to all my professors when using a software to review exams.