Sage Fixed Assets Logo

Sage Fixed Assets

Fixed Assets Management - Simplified.

Sage Fixed Assets Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.76/10

Reviews by rating

Comprehensive Depreciation and Tax book makes it the best FAS system. Very powerful tool to manage fixed assets.
There are many help tools that actually provide good assistance. The software provides many custom fields that the user can define how they want them to be presented.
It is very easy to keep track of my fixed asset list which in turn helps a great deal when it's time to pay property taxes.
We have also had issues getting the implementer to take accountability for correcting errors he made. He seems to think that we should be fixing his mistakes ourselves.
The customer service - it takes forever to reach someone. When there are updates there is always something wrong with some aspect and you have to wait until the next update is released.
Some of the pre-set depreciation methods are hard to figure out which one to use. The report generating is slow.

RC

Rockey C.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

My Two Bits

It has been great.

Pros

It depreciates properly. It has multiple books. Report writer allows for obtaining information in format we need. Cost is reasonable. Have used it for about 25 years - company is stable, software reliable. Best as I recall, have only need to contact support 2-3 times over the last 20 years.

Cons

I wish I would be notified by email or telephone call when there is an update/upgrade instead of having to go look for it. Best as I recall, takes longer than I would like to get support - I'm old and like to be able to call and speak with a human being within 5 minutes.

JM

Jerry M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

I Can't Believe People Use EXCEL Rather Than SAGE for Fixed Assets

I have used SAGE Fixed Assets for 22 years and really like this software.

Pros

It is so forgiving - if you make a mistake - you just re-enter and re-calculate.

Cons

Too many leading Zeros for Account Numbers - Maybe My Fault!

KM

Khethukuthula M.

Accounting, 201-500 employees

Usage and cost effectivity

Good for tracking and depreciation but lacks good customer service

Pros

Sage Fixed Asset very good fro depreciation and asset tracking , and easy to use once you get the hang of it

Cons

It costs too much and the customer service is poor, it's difficult to understand at first, you need to keep practicing

KG

Ken G.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

American Mitsuba

Pros

The product is use friendly and versatile to manage assets.

Cons

The price increases every year. Some increase is expected, but over $500 a year increase is high.

VD

Valerie D.

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

Sage Fixed Assets - Great Product

We have moved from excel tracking and depreciation calculations to letting Sage do everything for us. With the challenge of ever-increasing workload, Sage reduced the accountant's asset related workload.

Pros

We have used Sage since I started as an accountant 10 years ago. Sage does all the tracking and journal entry calculations for us. When entering assets, we were able to modify the asset template for anything we wanted to add such as sticker placement and add drop down list that eliminates keying errors. Reports can be run for year-end audits and Sage has the capability to have more than one company on the same platform. In addition, it has a testing database we utilize to create entries/depreciation that doesn't affect our data. As the Controller now, I can run my own reports to check the status of our assets.

Cons

I can't think of anything to list for improvements, Sage gives us everything we need.

RG

Randy G.

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Not happy with recent changes

Great until what appears to be a recent ownership change with Sage and now every little thin is an extra charge. We have some new employee is our IT department and to get help with updating our system with the 2023.1 updates we had to pay for a service upgrade just to get assistance with an update. This never us to happen. Not happen with this an having to pay over $3,000 to use Crystal reports FOR JUST ONE YEAR. It used to be included in the annual Sage FAS package.

Pros

GL Reporting makes creating the monthly journal entry easy.

Cons

Not happy with the Crystal Reports now being a separate product that the cost to update from the old version to the most recent version was ridiculous. When we first started using FAS it was include in the product. Also what should have been a 30-45 minute update to add CR to a new computer was 2-3 hours.

LP

Lane P.

Accounting, self-employed

Sage Fixed Asets

It has served my practice and client support for decades. Made the old spreadsheet method of tracking client assets impractical.

Pros

The depth of the input makes the ability to get customized reports for tax reporting and personal property reports seamless. The completeness of the options for input to be able to insure that calculations are done in compliance with law.

Cons

I am disappointed that support has gone to online with no live option. There is also some confusion in making sure you maintain the product you initially purchased and are wanting to continue in support.

BC

Bradley C.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing,

A little clunky but a fantastic Fixed Asset Management software.

Pros

Being able to customize reports as well as export to formats such as excel has been a life saver. We have never had any problems with data loss or calculations being inaccurate. Once you get passed some of the clunky ways it wants you to do things it becomes a pretty powerful way to organize your fixed assets.

Cons

The UI and navigating within the UI could use a lot of work. They seem to steadily improve it as they release new versions but it is still pretty clunky and takes a little bit of getting used to.

AM

Arthur M.

Gambling & Casinos, 201-500 employees

Great for asset mgmt and depreciation

Pros

Ease of use and deployment was easier than most asset management software systems

Cons

Perhaps could be easier to integrate into Sage. Would like a more direct way to access data across platforms.

SK

Shino K.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Accounting manager

Pros

Easy to use and manage FA. User friendly.

Cons

sometimes it is difficult to solve with live chat. I prefer call or shared screen.

RW

Richard W.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Long-time user

Pros

Our group of companies includes several corporate entities with a variety of capital assets, including heavy equipment, processing equipment, vehicles, furniture-fixtures, IT equipment, and real estate. As a Canadian user, we have found Sage Fixed Assets to be a suitable and robust solution for the tracking of acquisitions, amortization, NBVs, month-end accounting, and year-end reporting.

Cons

Ideally Sage Fixed Assets should be fully integrated within Sage 300, our Enterprise software, which has a high degree of integration between the EQ, JC, PR, and GL modules. I visualize a comprehensive equipment master record within Sage 300, with the functionality of Sage FA. This would eliminate the double handling of equipment master records and related transactions which would be welcomed with open arms.

TB

Teresa B.

Insurance, 5,001-10,000 employees

Sage Fixed Assets is Fantastic

overall this has helped managed fixed assets and intangibles.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and easy to correct errors if anything is input incorrectly. The reports are great for exporting and help with financial reporting and audit requests.

Cons

Customer service is a little lacking. If I have questions or need help - it's definitely a slow process if anything does get resolved.

LW

Lori W.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Sage is a great fixed asset accounting system

Very good experience

Pros

Like the easy customizing and downloading data to excel. Customer service is fantastic.

Cons

More canned reports maybe. More customizing of the data screen would be nice. More attachment options and viewability.

JS

Jennifer S.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Gets the job done

I really only use it to calculate depreciation. I have a large number of fixed assets, but if i had a smaller amount i could probable do depreciation on Excel. So just based on my limited use i think the software is expensive for what it does. That being said, it does do the job.

Pros

Easy to set up new assets easy to run depreciation.

Cons

Not intuitive. Reports are odd. Errors are hard to fix. If you accidentally run depreciation a second time becaue the exit button looks like OK you are not going to be able to undo this. Its not always easy to know what reports you need to run. Custom reports cost extra.

LK

LuAnn K.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

Not easy to get help

I think it will work great. We are not done setting it up yet. It is not easy to set up a new company.

Pros

Integration with Sage 100 seems to work great, but we are not done yet.

Cons

Hard to get help/setup. Setting up a new company is not easy.

CM

Caralyn M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Positive Experience

Pros

The details that I can enter to manager all company assets for the size of our company. We are a small electrical contractor and it meets everything we need to report and communicate with Sage Accounting.

Cons

I need a better tutorial option for how to go through all the features that it can do for us. I have not been able to teach myself everything it can do.

MA

Monique A.

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to use & great way to track assets

We use Sage to track all our assets. It is very useful in calculating and tracking our depreciation. The customized reports that you can create are a great feature.

Pros

The depreciation feature is what I like most. As well as the reports for various things. The system is super easy to navigate. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I wasn't involved on the integration of our system.

Cons

I have not found any things I don't like about Sage. I find all the features I use to be easy and very useful.

NA

Naila A.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Depreciation

Pros

This product is easy to use but its not integrated to our ledger system.

Cons

export to excel function is not user friendly.

BN

Bryan N.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Great product

Good

Pros

Works well for our business, accurate and good

Cons

We don't have any issues and are fine with the product

CR

Cheryl R.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Sage Fixed Assets Ease of use

Pros

The use of Sage Fixed Assets are easy to use

Cons

I found nothing I did not like about using Sage

LD

Laird D.

Plastics, 11-50 employees

Great companion for Sage

I don't think of Sage Assets at all. And that's how it should be IMHO. It does it's job year in and year out.

Pros

Sage fixed assets has allowed us to track depreciation and assets for nearly 20 years. Never had a problem with upgrading or keeping pace as our needs and company grow.

Cons

User interface could be a little more intuitive in a few areas. However once you get a routine it is easy.

KC

Karen C.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Sage Fixed Assets Review

This is the second company that has utilized this product in the accounting department of the bank. It was nice to have familiarity with it, and it makes my job easier.

Pros

We utilize the majority of the functionality in a month, it is easy to use, and I like that it is all centrally located and that the customer service reps when needed are extremely helpful.

Cons

I do not have anything that I dislike about the Safe Fixed Assets product.

EM

Erin M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use software

I've been using it for about 4 years in my role, and it gets easier each time I use it (which is really only at year-end closeout), but haven't had a lot of problems. Knowledge articles and online database has lots of good information.

Pros

Easy to use, not expensive, great instructions.

Cons

Not web based, and have to download on computer. Makes it super difficult to upgrade computers - our IT department can never get it uploaded correctly.

KD

Kim D.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Fixed Asssets

My overall experience with Sage has been excellent, but if there is a problem with a report I find I get no real help from support.

Pros

I like that Sage Fixed Asset is user friendly and offers a lot of reports.

Cons

Support could be better. When I have a problem I used to be able to call and speak to someone now it's online chat which usually leads to a phone call. It is a lot of time wasted.

AA

Adam A.

Easy to use but expensive

Pros

we use this to go along with your Sage 100 ERP and it's easy to use. If you have Sage then this is a great option

Cons

It is very expensive and it's licenced by workstation. You have to buy in bundles of 2 so that drives the cost up.