Chrometa Reviews

4.32/5 (56 reviews)

Brahm Dorst

Not great, but still the best passive time tracking system for now

Reviewed 2018-08-22

I've compared Chrometa to several other passive time tracking systems: Timetracker by Openhour, Timely, Time Camp, and a couple others... Other systems are more suited to monitoring employee productivity than tracking billable time. Chrometa is still the best passive time tracking system if you are looking to track and bill for hourly work. Especially if you are using CLIO. However, functionality and stability fundamentals of the desktop app seem to be taking a backseat to fancy new features like Android apps for your mobile device.

Kathy Evans

Relaxation plus more billable hours

Reviewed 2016-07-28

I use Chrometa for Mac. It has truly changed my life as a personal historian (I write people’s memoirs and biographies for their families). Keeping track of time with online or desktop timers was useless because I so often forgot to start or stop the timer. I am frequently interrupted, so it was very hard to be accurate with time. However, this app captures everything I do for my clients and even codes it to the proper job. The only thing I have to code myself is websites, which is easy to do in the Timeline view. Today I guessed that I’d done about two hours work for a client, but Chrometa said three and a half. It’s really a godsend. It allows me to concentrate on my work, knowing Chrometa is keeping time, so I’m more relaxed as well as charging more truly for hours worked. You can have Chrometa record the exact number of minutes you work, or have it round to six or fifteen minute increments, etc. I use the one minute because Chrometa always rounds up. I wish there was an option to use the mathematical rules of rounding rather than always rounding up. Otherwise, I love it and it’s more than worth the cost. A tremendous support for anyone who needs to keep track of time by job or by client. Just excellent. Kathy E, St. Louis

Branka Wedell

I tried them all....

Reviewed 2017-02-25

I tried almost all time tracking apps that are available this days. Did my research, tested them for couple of days... Some of them are way too complicated, and are more for big firms..and some do not have features I need. I have been with Chrometa over 2 years and no plans to change. I am graphic designer, have my own business, and heavily rely on time tracking for my billing. Sometimes I work on couple of projects at the same time, and this app tracks them all. Tracks all my meetings, phone calls, consultations, all the software I use and time that I spend reading and writing the emails... and all in the background. It reminds me when I come back from the meeting to log in time... tracks my personal time.... breaks, lunches.. lets me decide are they business related or just a simple break. The best part is... the company listen to their users and constantly improve and add new features. Customer service is impeccable, and just a click away. A real person, dedicated to help you, no matter how "strange" the question is.

Anonymous

Easy and quick to go back and tag your jobs

Reviewed 2016-07-28

I was using another Time/App Tracking software package (Time Tracker by Open Hour) for more than a year, and while it originally appeared to fill my needs, it sometimes didn't record the exact name of the file I was working on (only the name of the software), so I had to do some guess work on which job was which. ... An almost impossible task to do a week later. And it took forever to refresh and update the data, so I was pulling my hair out at how much unbillable time I was spending on this task. Arghhh!! After a month's trial, I'm convinced Chrometa has solved these pain points - it shows the file name worked on and you can set rules for key words for regular jobs so it automatically tags them. Plus it's so much quicker to tag and tally your work (even a week later!). So now I've got more time available to work on billable jobs! The big win though is that it ensures you charge for the time that never got recorded properly previously - like individual emails being written for a job or research online on a website. So much of this was not traceable, so very difficult to account for and bill on to a client. So it usually wasn't. The other surprise was when I originally installed the software it wasn't recording properly. Tech support responded reasonably quickly, arranged a time to connect (via email) and once agreed on, I got to speak with a tech (via the screen sharing interface) as we changed the setting together on my screen to make everything work seamlessly. He was in London, I'm in Australia. I was pretty impressed with process. Gave me lots of peace of mind that if I have another problem down the track, they'll be there to help me.

Charity Lund

Most accurate and efficient way to track my time

Reviewed 2017-02-14

With Chrometa installed on my computer, my hours are automatically being logged. I don't have to tell it to start recording or remember when I started and when I stopped- it's already working in the background while I work. All I have to do is review the entries and categorize them to the appropriate task or client. Whether it's online, working on a document, or on my phone, it's all there.

Work less & earn more

Reviewed 2017-06-14

Chrometa is great because it tracks automatically in the background. You just do what you have to do. At the end of your daily routine you assign what you did to jobs/projects. It's a question of 2-5 minutes and you're done. And oh boy: every minute is recorded, you don't have to figure out when you did what and how long. You have it EXACT... no guessing, no hassle. And as you know precisely what you did and when you did it, you bill every single minute. Which means you earn more, and possibly have to work less to still get your usual payday.

Anonymous

Set it and forget it timekeeping

Reviewed 2017-06-15

I work with multiple clients and need to track my work for each. Chrometa tracks everything I do on all my work-related computers and devices. When I work on my laptop, I can later be on my desktop viewing Chrometa. There, it'll show the time I spent on my laptop by activity or a summary for each device. Sometimes I get wrapped up in what I'm doing that I'd forget to note the time when I start doing work for a client. Chrometa saves my behind as it shows the time I started. I've tried timers, but ended up forgetting to turn them on or off. I've yet to find anything that works better than this. I went to look up how long I've been using Chrometa. It's been seven years! I think that speaks volumes.

David Michael

Passive Capture Meets Expectations

Reviewed 2017-03-31

Chrometa actually works. As promised it monitors your desktop and phone and when you are ready to log in to Chrometa, all the work you have done appears in lists ready to be assigned to each matter. I had imported my list of current clients and matter names and so it was just a matter of 'Moving to Project' each of the transactions that were saved. The outlook emails, webpages, word docs, adobe pdfs and other work were easy to assign. The keyword search improved this experience. I was pleasantly surprised to see how busy I have been, and seeing the occasional distractions listed also motivated me to stay on task.

Kirk Banadyga

Member for 7 years !! Still use it

Reviewed 2017-06-14

Prior to Chrometa I must have tried dozens of applications in the quest for a user friendly, intuitive and painless way to track my professional time. Program works in the background, no need to start and stop time on various events. If I am away from my computer(s) for a period of time a pop-up is waiting for me to track time away. Feature rich and continues to improve year after year.

SHASHWAT SRIVASTAVA

Manage Time better than anything.

Reviewed 2019-05-03

It is very good concept of saving time. The part where we can see the automatic time is awesome and way it handles it is good.

Michael Savage

Great Time Tracking Software

Reviewed 2017-01-24

One of the best time tracking softwares. It tracks everything you do in the background. Great for taking activity while working on your computer or tracking time for when you arrive or leave the office or miscellaneous away time. If you use it consistently it is great for making sure that you never miss another billable hour again.

Tawana Stegall

Chrometa is great for attorneys, consultants and freelancers!

Reviewed 2017-10-10

Track time and don't lose any money in the process. It keeps you time effectively records everything that you do.

Easy Time Tracking... That's 100% "Automatic"

Noham Layani, CPA Auditor, CGA.

Great Chrometa !

Reviewed 2017-01-02

We just switch for Chrometa and really enjoyed the app! We definitely recommend it to companies that need to identify where staff/managing director spend theirs time. You will also be able to identify time well spent and wasted. Yet, to be 2017 dream app Chrometa needs some improvement on the invoicing and project part. Integration with Quickbooks online is much appreciated. We will definitely write a few words on Chrometa to our blog!

Anonymous

Know where you're spending your time!

Reviewed 2017-06-15

I love the fact that Chrometa captures every second of your time usage and indicates the what programs/websites you're using. The reports are also extremely helpful to see where most of your time is going.

David Goldhirsch

Chrometa is a must for any lawyer/ Auto time keeping makes billing a breeze.

Reviewed 2009-11-28

Chrometa is a must for any lawyer. It is simple, powerful and easy to use. It is scary how much time lawyers forget to bill or fail to realize. Chrometa solves this problem and pays for itself within hours.

Angelica San Jose

A time tracker Chrometa

Reviewed 2019-04-19

It helps us to track an accurate work time,

Gustavo Borja

Practical

Reviewed 2017-10-08

Just started to use Chrometa and I'm finding it really usefull. It helps you to keep track of what you are working on. For a pearson that works in multiple projects at once, it is ideal. Will try it on my mobile device as well to see how it works!

Stephanie Moore

...The only app I've found that stayed true to it's ad and works!

Reviewed 2016-01-12

I have been searching up and down for an app that would assist me with my timekeeping by giving me the ability to backtrack what I've actually done with my time. I was disappointed by many other apps because they required me to have to remember to punch in/out or start/stop a timer in order to keep a log of activity... But the problem was, with that method, most activities were lost, forgotten and had to rely on guestimates whenever a distraction pulled me away from what I was working on at that moment. And working with an employer who uses an honor system for timekeeping and payroll really does deserve to receive an honest and accurate report. Chrometa took away the questionable by providing providing a reliable and traceable report that could be counted on to not only total my hours for me but also my pay...ten thumbs up Chrometa!

Tiffany Wright

Has great physical features and runs at an acceptable speed, haven't had any problems.

Reviewed 2017-04-07

It helps me track my projects and due dates. As well as time tracking for my appointments! Has made my life so much in completely tracking for me. I highly recommend this product! The customer support is awesome and very helpful as well

Jasmine Clea Danks

Nothing left untracked!

Reviewed 2016-08-15

Chrometa is awesome because it tracks everything. Keep it on 24/7 and you can see where your business hours AND your personal time goes. My only issue with Chrometa is that when I go through my time tracking and classify time it does take a while. But I'm sure that I were to use it several times a week rather than once per week this would be a less time consuming process.

Leonarda Hrain

easy to use, functional

Reviewed 2017-07-05

Now i can spend more time with my family and friends.

Jennifer Eckhardt

Great way to recapture "lost" time!

Reviewed 2016-07-25

Out of everyone on our team, I've been the worst about remembering to track my time... Chrometa has remedied that... Rules teach it how to categorize work to clients and projects, and now I know exactly how much time I'm spending on each project for each client, instead of just trying to remember.

Barbara Richter

Works fine for one device, terrible for two, help is not available.

Reviewed 2017-06-18

Jahiezer Indriago

The production sees improved by using this app

Reviewed 2018-06-29

it help me to improved in my business and make me more efficient

Kristi Bodin

Great time capture app

Reviewed 2016-06-23

I use Chrometa to track my time and create entries which I turn into billing records and invoices in Quickbooks desktop. The integration is a little awkward, but the tracking is very helpful. Overall I find this an excellent tool for my solo law practice.

Emy Montoya

Definitely a much needed software. True timesaver

Reviewed 2018-05-06

The benefits I get from this software is not only keeping organized but also not having to do the tedious job of double checking my work.

Anonymous

Thought a manual one was good...

Reviewed 2017-11-06

....but not good enough! With Chrometa I can ignore when, what and how was doing at that moment I need to remember! All tracked automatically, amazing!

Very Organized!

Reviewed 2018-12-21

Overall, this is a wonderful way to track my time per job. The program is simply and I can track my time from my smartphone which is very helpful when I am on the road!

Ian Peterson

Simple & Automatic Time-Tracker

Reviewed 2017-01-04

I've used Chrometa for about a month. Previously, I had been very competitor's software. Now my billable hours are logged & it's very easy to provide the necessary justification for my research time. Would definitely suggest Chrometa for anyone who wants an automated time-tracking solution.

Patrick Prasquier

Great for not having to worry about time reports

Reviewed 2017-04-07

This app logs the time I spend automatically, without me having to constantly update the timer. Since I charge my clients for time spent and I multi-task a lot, it's a real benefit not to have to worry about time logs.

Cory Chalmers

Customer Service Does Not Exist

Reviewed 2017-03-13

I was recommended Chrometa by another company I do business with. I was excited to give the program a try for our shared admin timekeeping. I started a live chat on their website and was told someone would call me back. After a few days, I emailed them and left a voicemail asking for someone to please call me back that I was interested in their product. A few more day went by and nothing. So back to the live chat. I was told again that someone would call me back. After another couple days, I went back to the live chat to ask why I could not get anyone to talk to me about their products. This time the agent just ignored my chat and never responded. If they are like this when you try to purchase their product, I can't imagine what they would be like after you did!

Shawn Deny

This software saves time

Reviewed 2016-02-23

Incredible, amazing, superb, fantastic. You can add as many adjectives as you want! But nothing can justify Chrometa! This software saves time, tracks time and helps me stay on schedule!

Anonymous

Good passive time tracking system

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Chrometa is a good best passive time tracking system for those who need to track and bill for hourly work. Better than most at tracking multiple projects

Assaf Lichtash

Simple, seamless and very useful.

Reviewed 2015-05-16

The people who made this software seem to understand time keepers very well. It has everything you need to keep track of your day, and even keep track of your staff and make sure your practice remains productive. It helps me bill more so it ends up paying for itself. I would like to see integration with RingCentral to keep track of telephone calls and text messages.

Anonymous

Easy-to-use software with great support staff

Reviewed 2017-12-10

It's easy to get it up and and running and flexible enough to allow you to manage time tracking for a whole team.

Rain Gray

Reviewed 2017-07-25

Tracks all activity while using your computer Can track away time as well so long as you use this feature

Joel Enright

Helps me lower time wasting

Reviewed 2019-01-04

Wow, didn't realize how much time I was wasting on my computer with things like social networking. Great tool for keeping productivity up.

Dragoljub Zivanovic

Great app

Reviewed 2016-06-30

I'm a programmer working simultaneously on multiple projects. Simplifies my life every day. A great application that allows me to easily track my work.

Emeka Opara

My experience has been great so far. I hope I will learn to use it even better.

Reviewed 2017-06-30

I like the fact that I'm able to share my views and help others!

Kerri Sinn

Love Chrometa

Reviewed 2016-10-19

Chrometa has been great for tracking my billable time. I'm a newbie using it but have acquired my first 3 clients this month and it has made invoicing and tracking hours a breeze.

Tabitha Martin

I wasn't sure I'd like it at first, but now I'm glad I stuck with it

Reviewed 2015-07-15

I've been using Chrometa for my time-keeping on various projects, and now that I'm getting into the hang of it, I am really loving the ease of it! I'm so bad at remembering to start a timer and stop it, and am constantly switching between tasks--this makes keeping track of what I'm working on much easier! And at first I balked at the price, but now that I'm seeing the time savings, I'm making up for the price easily.

Marina Rasic

INTERESTING IDEA ;)

Reviewed 2017-07-11

Timekeeping was never be easier! I'm a student and my mum always saying that i spent too much of my time on my smartphone. Now i see it and i will try to plan my time :)

Zane Dickens

A simple elegant solution

Reviewed 2009-11-18

I would definitely recommend it to anybody that charges by the hour, or anyone that would want to know how long they spend on tasks or how they can increase billable time. Try it for 30 days, if you like it buy it. Its what I tell my friends and colleagues. You have to try it, for some people it just clicks and you cannot imagine how did things before. I am one of those people. Maybe you are.

Nikola Pongrac

Accurate time managing, easy and free

Reviewed 2017-07-17

It helps me calculate time spent on the mobile phone, computer and other devices, so now I can spend more time doing other things, like hanging out with my friends and family.

Anne Wilson

Wonderful App!

Reviewed 2015-09-06

I was always hesitant to use Chrometa due to the price, but then I figured all of the other programs I had pieced together to accomplish some of the same things. The best features are the Android app (finally I can catch and bill for text messages) and the Outlook add-in - I spend 60% to 80% of my day in email, and I was losing so much income because I would get frustrated figuring my time, and just bill clients a tenth of an hour no matter how much time I would spend emailing them.

Janet Sawaya

Great help for an independent consultant

Reviewed 2016-06-15

I am independent consultant and work with multiple clients at one time. This app is one of the best tools i have tried to help me keep track of my time!

Love it

Reviewed 2015-12-14

Love the product. It pays for itself with that one email or call made on the fly that you forget to log or forget how much time it took. I find that they busier I am that my exposure to lost income increases as manually tracking time logs is very challenging. This product helps me realize all of the income I work hard to generate. Plus it help legitimize your time to the client and eliminates doubt from them perspective.

Lauren Lester

Very helpful!

Reviewed 2016-03-24

I use Chrometa to help keep track of my time in my law practice. It's often easy to move on to another task and forget to start or stop a time tracker. Chrometa is great because it works in the background and keeps track of the time I spent automatically. I simply go through the time entries at the end of the day, notate them, and export them into my case management software. Makes time tracking much easier and must less of a pain.

Mr. Roni A. Elias

Great App

Reviewed 2016-06-20

Really Enjoy the app. I like what it can pull. It is unique to see what you do in an hour. The info. it can pull is really from everything. Try it and use it.

David Adigwu

Beautiful

Reviewed 2019-07-20

Best software out there you should try it out

jena kehoe

Hated using this

Reviewed 2017-01-05

This time tracker was un-editable and was difficult to manage different projects with. The company I used this with abandoned it very quickly after implementation.

Nhlanhla Tenza

Awesome

Used monthly for free trial
Reviewed 2017-06-15

I just started using your app. I am quite impressed. I am already started recommending my colleagues to use Chrometa. Keep up the good work.

very highlighting

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-07-30

it performs daily backups which can be archived up to 18 months. it also has team tracking which can track individual team members.

Rolando Pereiras

Reviewed 2017-10-17

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Butterfly Foundation

Reviewed 2016-10-19

Jolene Ali

Rating only

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2017-06-21