iceScrum Reviews

iceScrum

Open-source scrum and agile project management software

iceScrum

Review Summary

Pros

I love the interface and appearance, it's very intuitive and visual. I also appreciate the reactivity when you need help.

Marie F.

The product is very easy to use. It is very graphical and perfectly fit the needs of a Scrum team and what we can do with a physical board.

Johan D.

The ease of use was something that cames up to my mind. It's really easy to use but it's still powerful.

Lucas V.

Cons

Disappointed with lack of support regarding data loss during tool evaluation period.

The urgent or none backlog task are our view a bit poor.

Jacques B.

4.2

L’outil de référence pour Scrum

Pros

Applique rigoureusement Scrum, ce qui facilite la prise en main de l’outil. Les nombreuses integrations disponibles.

Cons

L’impossibilité de sortir du cadre de temps en temps. Par exemple un niveau supplémentaire pour regrouper les features en projets lorsqu’on gère plusieurs projets dans une équipe.

A user-friendly software for using Scrum

iceScrum helps the team working together. It also helps us when structuring our work middle-term.

Pros

Cons

We sometimes experience some little bugs, like when identifying the user in a story, for example.

I've been using IceScrum since 09/2017 in order to manage a particular project using agile methods.

A free agile management tool. What's more to ask?

Pros

- Free software (a big requisite for the current project) - Easy to set up - Pleasant UX - Frequent and rich updates. I've seen the GUI undergo significant improvements over the last few months.

Cons

- A few misleading buttons (I still dread the "save" vs. "save and continue" dilemma...) - Everything runs in the browser. I'd rather use a native Java client. - Some teams might find the frequent updates challenging.

Thank you for this review! We will try to improve your small glitchs :)

Simple yet powerful tool

It was a good experience and I'll for sure keep it in mind when selecting tools to help developing software.

Pros

Cons

There's some things that can be automated, like for exemple, When a Sprint ends, it should stop the sprint automatically.

Cool Scrum!

The best one. I keep coming back to IceScrum whenever and wherever I apply Scrum to a project. It is so neatly aligned with all principles of fast, iterating, incremental quality of Agile Development I get myself comparing every Scrum and project management tool to IceScrum. It kinda is my gold standard for project management tool.

Pros

- Easy to use - Chock-full of relevant features - Neat and tidy workflow - Have what matters and do not waste resources on fancy useless features - Above all: It works!

Cons

The modern and light interface is a bit of a confusion. The older interface made more sense and was more intuitive to work. Other than that and some minor dislikes in the interface, there is really nothing noteworthy on the bad side of IceScrum.

Hi Fabio Thank you for reviewing iceScrum. We are taking into account your comments regarding the new interface :)

Best tool for AGILE implementation for small teams

Too happy and thanks to IceScrum for helping us accept easily to the practices of Agile methodology.

Pros

We were just starting with the implementation of Agile methodology within our team. We started with very limited knowledge, whereas ICESRCUM made us move to the real practices by limiting us and helping us with the best practices. Unknowingly we got trained to AGILE easily.

Cons

Some features are hidden somewhere and we takes time to find it out being a newbie on the product. The product have some conflict with some browsers and the cache freezes the application loading in times.

In fact we working more in kanban (without spring)

Pros

the backlog , is great to prepare the work

Cons

The urgent or none backlog task are our view a bit poor

Thank you for your review. We are taking into account your comments to improve our tool. :)

Retour expérience sur IceScrum

Pros

Beaucoup de possibilités, on peux y joindre tout type de fichiers, très pratique pour mettre en place le scrum dans une équipe. UI agréable également.

Cons

Le fait de ne pas avoir un tableau canban sur les stories. Le fait que les graph' sont parfois difficiles à interpréter dans le sens ou l'on ne sais pas toujours facilement quelles sont les valeurs chiffrées qui les font évoluer et sur quelle type d'entité (storie ou taches). Les nouvelles app & intégrations sortent régulièrement mais quand l'abonnement offre un nombre limité (3 pour nous), cela devient vite frustrant, alors que parfois les intégrations sont pratiques lais très légères comparées à d'autres.

Easy to use, plain and simple. Maybe too simple.

We used IceScrum in the agile development of a software solution. It was my first time developing something based on the agile methods, and icescrum helped streamline the process and make my very first agile project something enjoyable.

Pros

Icescrum is a very useful tool for agile developments. It has everything you need for a proper setup and team work approach, you can easily setup task, follow on them, prepare presentations based on data, attach documents and keep an overall tidy space. It is very easy to use as part of an agile team and its interface is very clean: you don't need to worry about extra options when setting up tasks and also features indicators to follow up work.

Cons

Icescrum weakness lies in its simplicity: you can setup task, monitor the progress in each sprint and that's about it. For an user approach its okay, but more advance agile users may find it lacking in features and more things to do.

Thank you for reviewing iceScrum. We are taking into account your comments to improve our tool. :)

An excellent SCRUM software

Pros

ease of use and efficiency in managing sprints - nice user interface

Cons

i lack a few reporting capacities but that should come over time :-)

Feedback after using iceScrum for a while

We are a small agile team used to physical boards to manage our projects with Scrum. Last year we decided to make the leap and switch for a digital tool to enable remote work. We looked for an affordable solution and started using iceScrum. Today it has really become an essential part of our daily work since it gives insight into what everyone else is doing.

Pros

• Enable remote work thanks to the virtual boards • Integrations to connect with the other tools we use • Affordable

Cons

• Rather old looking UI (but they informed me that a new UI is coming) • No mobile app • Payment is required to use several apps at the same time

easy

Pros

Very good software adapted for a Scrum team. Very easy to use. Very practical to manage the features of each project.

Cons

This software has no black dots. It helps us to stay in the good agile practices.

Icescrum is the scrum ultimate tool

Icescrum is the scrum ultimate tool , easy to use, it allows me as a product owner to manage projects with the scrumaster. To report very simply to my clients.

Pros

The integration of the Post it in the interface, as well as the essential and immediately visible bases such as the sandbox, backlog etc....

Cons

The difficulty was found in the management of plugins and projects in a general way

Developer

Pros

Helps in tracking my daily work, team availability and get to know in brief work done by other team members

Cons

Used it only for tracking down my work apart from this I have not explored much about any other feature

Light and optimize for scrum

I use IceScrum instead of Jira with my team. It is ligth and five us all features we need to plan and follow our work.

Pros

This tool offer you all you need for a scrum team: backlog, planning of sprint and help to describ user story and tests.

Cons

Some user expertience can be better on the application. For example to switch from one user to another

Easy tool

Pros

Cons

Few bugs, especially with the edition of comments, missing integration with some tools using in our team (Bitbucket)

I regret using Icescrum and would warn other's who may be considering using the free trial, to avoid putting any live data in the system as it is at risk.

Pros

The best feature of the system is the free evaluation period.

Cons

The lack of support regarding the loss of 3 months of data was very disappointing. Their support team missed an opportunity to impress a potential client.

This user of our free plan deleted their project on purpose through a 5-steps procedure with confirmation dialogs. Later, they changed their mind so we offered a solution to recover their project (as we have proper back-ups), which they refused. Your projects are safe with us: iceScrum never lost data in its 10 years of existence! We think that the best way to evaluate our customer support is to try it by yourself, come chat with us!

Nice french software for agile management

Pros

Easy GUI, evaluating stories easy with effort and business value. We can choose color for post it.

Cons

A lot of different windows between planning, task board, features, sandbox, backlog... You absolutely need to integrate gitlab issues to generate iceScrum stories ;)

Thank you so much for your review. We are taking into account your comments to improve our tool. :)