LeanKit Reviews

4.58/5 (31 reviews)

David Butler

Flexible lean project management tool

Reviewed 2018-02-07

It was fast, flexible and offered team independence. While the company ultimately moved to a more feature rich tool that better served our needs, I would say that leankit is a great solution and should certainly be in your short list.This is a nice relatively lightweight application that is easily configurable. Teams can quickly setup their own boards as they want and share them with other teams to view. The interface is simple and intuitive with a good level of configuration. Leankit delivers on the simplicity and ease of use.

Joanna E

Really good project management platform

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Overall, we've been using Leankit for over three years and it's great. My team and I find it super easy to use, love the way it looks and has helped improve our productivity substantially.Instead of a traditional list format you often find with other project management tools, LeanKit provides you with visual cards or 'projects' you can move into lanes, assign, etc. It's ease of use is awesome and it's pretty to look at.

Anonymous

LeanKit makes my first intro to kanban

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2017-12-01

• InCREDible depth of learning content available. • Standard subscription is comprehensive and well-priced. • Easy-to-use RSS/calendar feeds make it easy to integrate with my calendaring. • Wide variety of templates help a newb like me get started quickly. • Responsive design well implemented across desktop and iOS app.

Robust Tool

Reviewed 2017-10-27

It allows you to create a completely custom board and stays true to its KanBan nature. It easily allows you to see who's working on what and when a task has been sent off to you.

Brett Easley

Great KANBAN Board

Reviewed 2018-02-15
Review Source: Software Advice

This is a great solution that is very powerful and easy to use. We use KANBAN and this integrates well for our team.

Eitan Burcat

Helps us organize a lot of tasks for a medium sized team

Reviewed 2016-11-10

We're still in the process of getting on top of our work plans, but already we feel the benefits of organizing a tremendous amount of tasks using this toolEasy to use, rich functionality, good webinars and tools to help the team get on-board.

Kelly Hair

Awesome for multifaceted swimlanes

Reviewed 2014-03-28

I can't say enough good things about Leankit. Only issue was that it took me an hour to grasp the UI with splitting horizontal & vertical swimlanes. However, once I had that down, I saw the power of being able to visually represent what I wanted to with the tool. Granted, I'm not using it for kanban per say, I'm using it for customer/prospect management primarily. In a single pane of glass, I was able to represented 30 different customers/prospects, where these customers stood relative to our core values & categories for developing the market. I know this is not software development... pivoting a bit here... Big proponent of this tool. Glad my company forced it upon me because it's a huge improvement over the rather simple, but go to tool, Trello. Trello still has its place but it seems arcane all of a sudden.+ Intuitive interface once you get used to it. + Very flexible + Flood your favorite problem children with email tasks until they scream (or create a spam filter) + Multiple swimlanes & sublanes are mind blowing. Seriously.... Experiment!

Nathan Wukasch

Overall very intuitive.

Reviewed 2018-07-19

I like the Kanban style of listing the tasks on my plate. It helps me plan ahead and keeps me from wasting time wondering what I need to do next.

Joel Bennett

Great for personal and business kanban

Reviewed 2018-11-28

Simple to use and set up, visual and easy to navigate, drag and drop features.

Jaime Herrera

Easy way to both manage own tasks and maintain visibility and collaboration with teammates

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Task organization. Makes sure I don't forget one of my many pending activities for the day.Easy creation of task. it can be as simple or complex as you want, from a simple task name to start/end dates, resource assignments, categorization ,etc.

Landon Olson

Great Kanban with flexibility and simplicity

Reviewed 2018-08-21

LeanKit has been a great tool for our development teams to setup and track their workflow. It's simplified how we worked and improved our processes by getting us away from a waterfall system with complicated dependencies and unreadable gantt charts.The customization is great. Boards can be setup exactly as needed. Overall it's a simple system for users to learn, while still providing plenty of flexibility.

Chad Crowe

The Most Intuitive Product

Reviewed 2016-09-23

Been looking for a software package to help manage our workflow and optimize our project process. I evaluated several platforms and even tried a few others. The biggest adoption hurdle with other platforms has been ease of use, but LeanKits user-friendly interface and project management philosophy removed that hurdle for my organization. We now have buy-in from the whole organization on a predictable process and a way to track that process. I know that big things are coming as we start to track more and more projects over the coming months and then use LeanKits reporting functions to make big process improvements. Ease of use.

Racey Cave

Why this costs money I'm not sure

Reviewed 2018-02-27

Leankit is a decent collaboration suite helpful for tracking details around things like project management. At least that's what we use it for. It's ok software, don't get me wrong, but when there are alternatives like Trello out there that are free or mostly so I'm not sure why this is worth the money.

Josh Wilson

The best Kanban

Reviewed 2016-12-05

There's a lot of different attempts at Kanban online, and this is the one I had been looking for. The problem with Kanban can be that you get too much information in one area at a time real fast, and it stops being useful. Leankit manages to allow you to capture as much info as you want, while still remaining, well, lean. It really is a great experience from top to bottom. Easy to set up. Good value. Lots of templates to get started with. Easy to use.

Paul Hyde

Embedded in our business processes

Reviewed 2016-01-06

We have been using LeanKit for more than three years at LateRooms. What started as a tool that was used by our product teams to track development work and releases has also been adopted by other teams within the business, for example I use the software to track procurement projects and the HR team use it to track the recruitment process.Ease of use Integration with 3rd party apps (ZenDesk, Atlassian)

Manny Alemany

BUYER BEWARE: No Refunds if you Prepay!

Reviewed 2017-03-31

BUYER BEWARE: Do not pay for the full year as you do not get your money back if you are unhappy with the product or support. We tested the product a few months and then elected to use the basic product as it appeared to meet our needs. We paid for the full year but after a few months on the basic platform we decided to move to a different solution with more features at a lower cost. I asked for a refund of the unused months and I was told no. Followed Kaban Lean Method

Alexandra Ch

Easy to use and navigate software for project management

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-01-24

Most actions can be done with a click of a mouse or even drag and drop, customizable colors for different types of tickets.

Supreeth Siddaraju

Best for Lean Implementation

Reviewed 2018-05-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Its a great software for companies looking to implement lean and also who wanted to continuously improve too.

James Sharp

A strong Kanban app with focus on ease of use

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-02-21

Great easy to use Kanban app with a clean interface and easy to use boards- helps by making chages to projects easy and quick

Cristy Lemus

Reviewed 2018-10-03

Overall I am impressed and love the clean look to this software. It is simple and user friendly.I love the Kanban board functions and visibility to folders. We move our projects to completed once all meetings have been had with the business and it allows our team to be more organized. The Kanban board is an easy and organized board that helps our business stay communicated. I also love the personalization of profiles with pictures.

David Alward

An intuitive approach to managing a project Kanban is very useful

Reviewed 2018-04-09

The Kanban set up used in this Project Management Software is excellent.This project management software is very easy to use and easy to understand what is happening. I really like the Templates that are available especially the Dve Opps Template. I also really like the mobile app that is available.

Anonymous

Solid tool for kanban squad management.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-07-31

If you need a board for managing a Kanban squad, this is a decent tool. I recommend.- You can fully customize your board for the needs of your squad. - A lot of functionality when it comes to editing cards, breaking down tasks, etc.

Daniel Berry

Lots of features, but too complicated

Reviewed 2016-12-06

We tried out LeanKit for a short period and while it has a variety of customization options and features, it's too tedious and buggy for marketing purposesCustomization options, features, flexibility

Derek Sather

Leankit Rocks!

Reviewed 2016-10-04

Leankit provides Kanban visual work management that scales for the enterprise. Trello was only usable for a team of 10 - with Leankit we scaled to a team of 100

Gloria Suffron

Strategic way of problem solving

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-08-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Lean methodology is the greatest way to solve problems and this tool is helping to go in a defined path without any issue to solve the customer problem.