Team Calendar, Timeline, and Time Tracker for Trello

Planyway Reviews

Pros

Planyway is a great way to plot out a high-level plan. We needed a way to rough out and iterate on timelines for each of the teams at our company and this has worked perfectly for that.

LL

Larry L.

Super easy to integrate, easy to visualize the tasks for the day and plan an effective schedule.

PA

Prem A.

It's my favourite tool to plan our roadmaps, but must still improving. The price is competent thats the reason we're testing it.

AT

Ana T.

Cons

Additionally there is no way to limit the hours of the day displayed on mobile, making navigation even more cumbersome. The drag and drop is buggy on mobile and I have been unable to get it to work.

The biggest struggle with this software is the inability to use it on my phone easily.

CY

COO / Creative Director

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Clean, Concise, Convenient

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Zach. I work in the video production industry. I am a creative director. And...

feedback

Transcript

Alejandra: My name is Alejandra. I'm the director of a timber floor company. I give Planyway four stars....

My main tool

Just love it all the way!

Pros

What I love the most about Planyway is the way I can move around my cards on the calendar. I am sure this feature is every marketer’s favorite since very frequently we need to change daily priorities. Planyway is THE tool!

Cons

The fact that it doesn’t move all the way to full screen when using it with Trello. But the tool care of that issue on their own web platform.

Perfectly affordable alternative to Trello's more expensive features.

Marketing organization - visualizing project outflow as well as milestones and smaller deadlines all in one place

Pros

My primary goal here was adding dates to checklist items & showing multiple boards together in a calendar to organize projects. It does that very well and since starting they've added more features I haven't even had time to fully utilize. Repeating cards are great too. As a director I feel this makes my trello board much more powerful without paying Trello Pro prices for a large team

Cons

Early on it seemed glitchy- sometimes hard to get certain settings working. To their credit though I feel that has improved drastically over the last few months. The hardest thing now is actually having so many settings and possibilities I have to choose how I want my team to use it and actually keep them doing so.

LW Review

Pros

Easy, seems intuitive to use. Can easily plan.

Cons

Doesn't appear to be enabled on Trello mobile app

Planyway

Good. Able to track but need additional granularity. For small businesses this is key.

Pros

Calendar aspect. Ability to see the calendar over time and tasks.

Cons

I need a project management capability where we can see tasks over time and subtasks.

Planyway review

Overall, i am satisfied with this product and i will recommend it to other businesses as well.

Pros

The Planyway is a team calendar managing software which helps you and your team to plan and manage your working schedules and plans. Also the functionality of this software helps with cooperation and helping to reach your teams goals and targets thanks to good time management and time organising.

Cons

The software is not free, if you want to use all the features and also learning how to use the full potential of this software can take some people quite a significant amount of time.

Excellent Productivity Tool

Great tool - still discovering all the things it can do!

Pros

The Gannt view is fantastic for visualising projects over a yearly period and the Time Tracking is super useful as you can really plan on a micro-level and also see how long you spent on each task.

Cons

When you add a start time to a Card in Planyway it doesn't backfill to Trello.

Integrating my to-do list and planner

Great. I feel like I can keep track of all my tasks and when to do them.

Pros

Unlike other apps, planyway allows me to drag items from my to-do list into dates and times which is vital for my planning.

Cons

Right now I’m working from home and it has been great. However, I have had issues with being more mobile with the system. The phone app version sometimes misses tasks and crashes. It’s also hard to see on my tiny phone. Maybe I will need to use my laptop.

Get your time blocking on!

I really like that I can time block my day in calendar view, and I like the custom repeating card feature

Pros

I like the 3 different views (calendar, timeline, timetracking)

Cons

Sometimes not obvious where the trello cards are

Planyway is an awesome tool!

Playway helped me outline all the tasks I need to complete. In addition, it also kept a good track record for my boss to see what I have completed.

Pros

It is super easy to use! I love how it can integrate with Google calendar. You can easily keep track of projects, meetings, and deadlines all in one place.

Cons

The only thing I wish it could do is to integrate with google drive. However, you can get away by doing so if you put the links of your documents in the calendar.

Swiss Army Knife For Project Management

Pros

I like that it is easily accessible from a chrome browser and that I was able to integrate google calendar and Trello boards. I also like that time tracking is easily adjustable all through the extension.

Cons

Sometimes the connected boards don't match to the timing in planyway. I would like to see planyway integrate with jira for better time tracking on tasks.

The perfect add on to Trello

Being able to easily schedule our important tasks and sub tasks is a huge part of keeping the business running and so far, Planyway has been the only app that has let us plan to the minute. While other apps let you pick a day, Planyway lets you pick the hour, and also easily pick the amount of time you block for each task. The drag and drop ability makes this all very fast and easy, no mucking round with date and time boxes, just drag it into the time slot on the calendar and you are done. We also love that there are so many updates and that the Planyway team is always working on making the product better.

Pros

Being able to drag and drop trello cards directly into the calendar slot in which I intend to do them Full view of all unscheduled tasks Right click to easily check off/archive tasks Ability to repeat tasks Colour coding to separate tasks by their context Can schedule sub tasks and keep them attached to one master trello card (huge pro!)

Cons

Doesn’t work too well on ipad/iphone App doesn’t show everything and is clunky and hard to use Sub tasks don’t sync to Google Cal - this wouldn’t be a problem if the app version had a decent calender

Hi Emily, We appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to tell you that we're working on mobile app improvements and have a plan to add check-lists items there as well. That'd be awesome, if you could describe in more details the things you're missing about Planyway mobile app. Thanks!

Good but can much better

Pros

It's good for me to manager too many board with difference team and my personal items also it's very good for time mangerment and task managerment

Cons

I know I have too much task and board to made loading speed low , and select items only can "Ctrl" select one by one for delay some project and it's can't bulk edit or export excel but I know there haven't pecfect thing at the world , hope can later can add export "Planyway" to excel ( which mean export planyway list items only ) and if can bluk edit ( like airtable or bridge24 ) and I hope that have APP version coming too

Appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to say that last week we ran some procedures to increase the loading speed in the app and have a plan to do more optimization work, so Planyway can work faster. Also, we might have a solution for exporting data before CSV export is released. Please, connect our support team.

How I use Planyway

Overall, my experience with the Planyway application as my plug-in for my Trello board is very positive! I definitely recommend this application to anyone that uses Trello for day-to-day tasks or project management. The detailed calendar view is very useful and beneficial to me because I can assign a task to each hour, or however long I choose to do so. The Planyway application adds value to my time management capabilities and allows me to not only plan my day but also, reorganize it when necessary. I like the Gantt chart view of the application, but I wish it was more robust and functioned more like the more common Gantt chart applications available.

Pros

I really like that I can quickly plan my day, by dragging various tasks (i.e., cards) in my Trello board (and from my other boards) to my Planyway calendar. I can also quickly rearrange them and give them different priorities. I like that you can label the cards in your calendar with various colors and you can see the color on the front of the cards, along with the assigned priority. I like that I can add a checklist to my cards, directly from the Planyway calendar, as well as select my custom fields options. I like the ability to incorporate very simple Gantt charts in my Planyway view. This is nice because it enables me to see, on a large scale, all of the tasks that need to be completed along a timeline.

Cons

One thing that I would like to see with the Planyway calendar is an Android app that is connected to my Trello app that allows me the same capabilities and features that the web interface implements. As for both the calendar and the Gantt chart view, I would like to see a snapshot of the card with more details by hold my mouse cursor over the card. The snapshot should include information...

One of the best Trello features

I love Planyway. I think it's literally one of the most powerful Powerups that Trello has. My suggestions are small in comparison with everything it does offer. I have recommended Trello to probably over 20+ people, and have converted about half to all Trello users. Each person, I tell. If you don't buy the business version of Trello, that's fine because Planyway is now included with Trello, but if you're managing multiple things like me and want to see it all in one place, use Planyway. If you're going to buy anything, purchase Planyway.

Pros

A place where you can combine all of the boards so you don't have to go to each board to see what you have going on is amazing. I love the versatility, ease of use, and the simplicity of Planyway. The fact that is goes so well with Trello is definitely a plus. I think without the extension, it only comes up as a pop up, which is unhelpful, so the extension is the lifesaver. I tell people, if they buy anything using Trello, it's the Planyway calendar.

Cons

I do not like that Planyway is first a pop up without the extension. Also I would like to have a feature we could add assignment dates to tasks within a card. I do a lot of event planning, but some events simply don't need a whole board, they just need to live in one card. Each card has checklists, and I would have to drag the entire card without being able to see specifics about the task that actually needs to be done. Are mini tasks a thing? Is this a ridiculous notion?

Makes the view for all my projects so simple!

I juggle multiple large projects that are extremely time-sensitive on my own and this has brought so much ease to see the big picture and prioritizing tasks and meetings to keep the team on track.

Pros

I love the sync feature. This was the main reason I started using it and it has helped me be able to share calendars with my team. People I work with didn't want to download an entire system but this program allows me to manage my projects and calendars and I just have to share the calendar link once and they are in the loop. This simple task and the multiple boards on one calendar view was a nightmare before I started using this.

Cons

I haven't really come across anything I don't like yet. Still setting up my system since I need to use it a bit differently.

Love the product!

Interdepartmental vision on projects as they move through our production queues has increased efficiency and awareness as to how the company is doing at any given moment in time.

Pros

Integration was very easy and the product itself was initially very easy to learn. The ways in which this has increased efficiency for our team is insane! Directors can easily see a project's status and the team's overall bandwidth now more than ever. Designers are notified within trello of a task, then they can easily see when they're scheduled to work on it in the same place.

Cons

The only area for improvement that we see is allowing an easier experience when it comes to dragging and adjusting assignments across multiple days. It is very common for our project timelines to shift around - as a result, we may need to add a day or extend a task by several days (or conversely, reduce time when a rush project drops in our queues). Currently, it seems as though there is a very small selection area for the user to go into planyway and easily achieve. It'd be great to see the current avatar/profile pic that exists on the right-most part of a scheduled task on the calendar be a simple and easy way to extend that task's dates. Basically: make dragging to adjust (extend/contract) date ranges as simple as it can possibly be.

Planyway

Planyway is fantastic for my current use. I would love and would pay more for added functionality.

Pros

1.Time logging function is a great capability 2.Works great with trello and maintains some of the functionality in trello like adding checklists 3. Calendar prints exactly as it is displayed on web interface making planyway very user-friendly 4. Planyway is very compatible with google calendar and integrates very nicely with it making google calendar way more functional than it is without integrating with planyway 5. For an individual whose work has multiple components and varying timelines planyway is a priceless tool. I would pay more for added functional because this tool is so indispensable for me. Planyway makes project management extremely easy and seamless!!!

Cons

1. I love the time logging function!!! It seems that it would not be too complicated to make it automated such that it would auto-calculate amount of time spent on a particular trello card or trello board over a specified period rather than the user having to enter this information. Time logging data is only viewable in the calendar option yet it would be more useful to have an option where the data...

Planyway as my Personal and Team planner (task tracking and team timeline)

I am 2+ year user of Planyway, almost from its launch. Usually, products with the time become bulky, hard-to-use and overload with useless functions. I like the way of Planyway developing. There are clean interface, focus on the meaningful functions and fast response on each click. I start my day and falling asleep with Planyway, it is an essential part of my life. My team also loves it, the developers and marketing both.

Pros

- Simple and easy in use - Task and calendar seamless workflow - Personal and Team calendar combination - Google Calendar 2-way synchronization - iOS app - JIRA plugin for software developers - Native for Trello users - same data - Team timeline view to estimate workload and deadlines

Cons

- A separate web version is still in beta (faster than in Trello, but less functional a bit), so I mostly use Chrome extension or Trello PowerUp either - I would love to use Planyway on Android like it has for iOS - I would also have Chat with the team members I hope the developers will fix it soon.

Planyway is a game changer

We've loved it. We transitioned from using Wunderlist (with everyone having their own lists) and now everyone on our team uses Planyway day. It's perfect for seeing the big picture and sharing tasks.

Pros

It is easy to use for our team. We use it to manage everybody daily task and it's perfect for everyone to see what everyone else is working on. The LANES are a game changer for us.

Cons

I wish the user lanes were available on the phone ios app.

Amazing Tool

works very well with in its limitations. Needs some broader view to help it grow.

Pros

We use this tool to organize our team across multiple boards and schedule remote technicians. Easy to read on the PC.

Cons

No ability to sync to exchange calendars. Need to buy a 3rd part power up to do so. No android mobile app. Tech people use Android not stupid iPhones.

Efficient Task Management

Great for quick ramp-up time to manage projects big and small and connecting project task management to Google Calendar is the best reason to use Planyway.

Pros

Turned Trello into project management tool that can compete with the other existing industry standards but without all the configuration overhead and super easy to setup. Desktop browser plugin and mobile app does everything I need to quickly access my tasks and see my work schedule. It's also perfect for planning trips/vacations with others where you want to attach Trello cards as time blocks on the schedule on Google Calendar.

Cons

There's no browser plugin for Firefox for Opera.

90% of the tool I was looking for

Good easy to use tool for me and great for planning and strategizing with my team. It is just short of 'great' due to the cons I listed above. Without broader 'view only' access to share our timeline with more people (who aren't user/editors) I worry some stakeholders are going to want to move are critical planning information to another, more open platform. I don't want to pay for a bunch of additional users when they just need to reference Planyway and I don't want them editing information.

Pros

I love how easy it is to move tasks around to create an ongoing project timeline rather than a gantt chart. The different view options are great and I use the list view most. Zooming in and out to see daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly views is critical for me. I already use Trello so integrating with that tool is helpful and I really like that I can pull multiple boards into one view.

Cons

I hate that the date bar along the top isn't frozen in place. When you have multiple lanes and they extend down I can't see the date relationship anymore and it makes the tool much less useful. This biggest complaint my company has is the inability for many people to see it with a shared view access. A few of us edit and update our project timeline but then we show it to stakeholders during meetings. It is so helpful when everyone is looking at it and strategizing but when the meeting is done nobody else can see it. You can print it but it doesn't look the same. A 'view only' user group would be so helpful. I would also love to have the Trello checklists provide a progress bar you can see on the task (not broken out as separate tasks like the checklist currently work on Planyway).

Hi Kris, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm happy to tell you that we're planning to add the option for View only mode in the future as well as the progress bar for check-lists. Also, thank you for letting us know that fixed timeline would be a better option, we'll report our dev team on it and solve this issue. Meanwhile, note that the timeline header stays frozen when you choose to view the timeline on the side of the boards (choosing Left or Right orientation).

Good but can be cumbersome

Helps with scheduling multiple projects

Pros

The ability to switch between projects in the planner

Cons

Not user friendly on mobile. It would be good to view and edit the planner from a mobile.

Planyway was a gamechanger for me

Pros

I'll be completely honest and say that managing my time does not come naturally to me. One thing I've learned about myself is that lists simply aren't enough. I've used Trello for years, but at some point a list (or 10 lists) isn't helpful because it doesn't force me to decide when I will do each task or how long it should take. Planyway was an absolute gamechanger for me in this regard. Putting my trello cards into a calendar that could also sync with my iCalendar was such a big step for me in helping me plan my days and weeks. Now, when I am putting things into my Trello lists I can immediately slot those tasks into gaps between meetings, classes, etc., and realize when I've put too much on my plate for the day or week. To-do list meets calendar: gamechanger.

Cons

Sometimes the sync features are finicky, and there are little things like not being able to use all of the Trello keyboard shortcuts from Planyway, but I understand nothing is perfect.

Planyway review

Helps tremendously to organize tasks, the drag n' drop of existing cards and creation of cards on given days is pretty useful. Setting up repeating tasks is nice. Overall it's the right level of UX complexity to fairly easily help me organize tasks, assign them to different days, and just manage home and work tasks. Nice job, not sure though how difficult it'd be to tie-in to Trello a bit more on the Mobile side.

Pros

Desktop browser version: I like how easy it is to create cards, drag and drop on to days, open up the cards, setup repeating tasks, very easy to use UX, like it's tie-in with Trello, overall very helpful tool that I use daily to organize at home and work tasks. Mobile: very easy and straightforward UX

Cons

Mobile: Maybe I just haven't delved into this feature if it exists, but not being able to view details about the trello card's comments/details is a bit of a bummer. Desktop: Nothing as of now, it's working exactly as I'd expect/want it to work for my organization needs.