Smartwebs Logo

Cloud-based homeowner association management software

Smartwebs Reviews

Suggested alternatives

condo-control-central
buildium-property-management-software
yardi-breeze

The experience has been wonderful, as we add more associations, they have been there to help us along the way.
We are a waterfront resort that has numerous new builds and Smartwebs has been a lifesaver on them all, THANK YOU.
If an owner got a Denial on a project, he has to be charged AGAIN to submit the same project.
Delays on occasional syncing, and restriction on template letter changes, but minimal issue compared to previous software used.
Sometimes the HTML or coding in the letters can be difficult to navigate or understand if not familiar with this type of coding.

JW

Jonathan W.

Management Consulting, 201-500 employees

Smartwebs is the best choice

Pros

Pros: We selected Smartwebs for many reasons.  For starters, the letter templates ensure consistency in outgoing resident communication regarding modifications and our violations.  This coupled with expediting the work of our covenants department, the ease for volunteer committee members to review and vote on applications electronically, the efficiency of staff to send approvals to residents, and the...

Cons

Cons: Occasional slowness when a new release update is coming out, however we have noticed it is speeding up as the team ensured us they are working diligently to resolve this.

ND

Nicole D.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Smartwebs Review

I have enjoyed using Smartwebs so far and look forward to continuing to use this software in the future.

Pros

The product is user-friendly and much easier than tracking with physical papers. I like that it is accessible remotely. Committee members are easily able to view ARC applications virtually without having to attend meetings in person. Smartwebs support is always easily reachable, friendly to speak with, and does their best to resolve any issues. If they are not sure of the answer immediately, they will call you back once they find a resolution. You can count on them.

Cons

I like that violation letters have auto-drafted text, which saves a lot of time when sending notices. However, I wish ARC letters had the same features. There is text particular to each kind of project that needs to be included in the notices. This is manually inputted each time, but would save a lot of time if the text was also auto-drafted.

AS

Ashley S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Could be fantastic!

It's a great program, but can be cumbersome with the features not being utilized at full potential.

Pros

I like that it's easy to run reports and this it has a offline version. The reception in our area is poor. I also love the touch free mailing, that has been a huge timesaver!

Cons

The houses are never in the correct spots and we have been told the only way to reset them is to manually move them. We are in East Mesa and some of the homes end up in buckeye. Then we have to manually move them from there and place them to where they are supposed to live. The offline version used to also have tracking, but that never works properly. When escalating to the fourth notice, it skips to the 5th. I then have to manually change that to 4th when I move them to be processed. We also have different fines for different violations, so we also have to manually change that.

AB

Ashle B.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Smartwebs review

We love the system and would love it even more with the updates in the violation field.

Pros

We love how everything is on the same software.

Cons

We do not like the violation system that much, it takes a long time to create a violation or update one. We can also not see the previous photos on file.

DD

Dee Dee F.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Development Coordnator and Architectural Review

I started using SmartWebs back in 2014/15 or somewhere around there, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from Austin used this at her Management Company and introduced FirstService SA to SmartWebs and I have loved it ever since. So easy to navigate and to use the website.

Pros

It is easy to find requests and close out requests, I like how it is easy to filter the information.

Cons

I have 2 separate accounts, one for my company and one for the HOA. I cannot be signed into both at the same time and get it's frustrating having to sign in-sign out....

SS

Sanjay S.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Smartwebs Update

Excellent , no issues

Pros

Easy and user friendly. I can easily load the date in the system and it is easy to teach to user.

Cons

Updates are cumbersome to put in. Sometimes it is hard for new users to use. Maybe a training portal for users with minimum technology background.

SS

Samantha S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Smartwebs is great! I hope you continue to develop the software as time goes on!

Overall, I think Smartwebs is amazing and much better than our previous software. If the onboarding process were easier, I would rate 9-10/10

Pros

Smartwebs is very user friendly. The overall visual aesthetic of Smartwebs is a huge time saver and makes working in the program incredibly efficient.

Cons

I wish the software had a more comprehensive note taking section that allowed me to see current notes without adding in things like "violation closed" or had an option to disable viewing of that so the notes don't look as cluttered. I also wish there was a way to sync faster with our Virtual Management Software for situations such as escrow. I also wish there were ways to make the onboarding process quicker, such as AI to allow me to upload governing documents versus having to type them in by hand.

CM

Carrie M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Definitely a benefit to our communities

Pros

Great for record keeping and building a historical database for units.

Cons

Violations - Once a violation has been processed, there is no way to completely delete that violation without contacting customer support. There have been situations in the past where a violation has been uploaded to the wrong address, and there is no way to completely delete it if its been sent to the owner. ARC- If an application is being resubmitted, and the committee members have already voted, it shows their previous vote. Therefore, it's very confusing to the committee because they think they have already voted, when in fact, they voted on the previous submission, not the re-submission.

AC

Adriane C.

Compliance

It is definitely a step in the right direction. A few tweaks are needed to make it more functional.

Pros

In general, the screen to label the compliance letter and add a picture has a good workflow. I like being able to search the letter history.

Cons

In the compliance software- 1) it would be great to have a place to add community exceptions for an inspection driver. 2) It would be great to be able to add notes for a compliance driver to view- like focus on tree trimming and so on. 3) it would be great to be able to have a list of properties for the compliance driver to review during the inspection. 4) it would be great to be able to run a report to see which notices a compliance driver sent. 5) On busy narrow street, with impatient drivers, it is not easy to get to the address to start labeling the letter. It would be good to be able to take a picture and put it in a holding area, and then assign to an address later. Drive down the street and park and then upload it. 6) adding new compliance letters is not user-friendly.

JM

Jo M.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

SmartWebs

I like the fact that I can generate emails to owners for violations and not have to wait until they get a letter delivered by the Post office.

Pros

The ease to generate violation notices and also ARC requests uploads

Cons

I find the process to modify anything in the CCR section extremely difficult and your support documents don't have a lot of detailed explanation. I am sure this was covered in the original setup period. But over time and change of managers, I find that cleanup is needed and that is not always an easy process.

EW

Elissa W.

Management Consulting, 5,001-10,000 employees

Customized software in an ever-changing world

Overall, my experience is that Smartwebs makes some of the laborious tasks in association management easier through streamlining certain parts of operations.

Pros

Smartwebs is an intuitive product to learn and assimilate into the day-to-day operations of HOA management. A large portion of our job consists of Architectural Review requests and Compliance, both of which are available within this software, by address and resident. In addition, the notes feature of compliance is essential; as is the forum for committee conversations.

Cons

The only negative I have had is being required to have Smartwebs update our template letters. This is a bit of a hand-tier.

HW

Hatti W.

Smartwebs & HOA Management

I love Smartwebs easy-to-use software that's accessible anywhere with an internet connection. I hope my company goes on to use other services Smartwebs provides.

Pros

It's easy to use. I spent a lot of time working on compliance and restriction violations. It's a simple process to upload photos that are integrated into the letters.

Cons

Sometimes it's slow going when setting up a new community or adding more properties to an existing, developing community, especially when there aren't other supporting maps online to assist in the process since the development is so new, but that's hardly Smartwebs fault, rather a difficult situation.

JM

Jennifer M.

You are ALWAYS Supported

The experience has been wonderful, as we add more associations, they have been there to help us along the way!

Pros

The thing I value the most is the constant support from the SmartWebs team, whether it is Operator error (which most of the time it is lol) or a software issue (they are ALWAYS open to feedback to make their software better) there is always someone there to support the process.

Cons

The only thing is that there is so much functionality, it takes a moment to wrap my head around all of it, but like I said, there is always someone to help us through it all. We had weekly meetings until we were all set and comfy using the software on our own!

SW

Sabrina W.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Review of Smartwebs

The overall experience with Smartwebs has been good.

Pros

In my opinion the system is user friendly and the information you need is readily available to you.

Cons

The system drops off ARC history after a six month period which makes it challenging when you are performing property inspections especially if you are new employee to a company. This may cause residents in the community to receive letters for items that have been previously approve but were not available to view when the inspection was performed.

RB

Regina B.

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

I like it and look forward to using it more.

I'm super excited about this product and its features. I'm looking forward to using it more with my daily tasks.

Pros

The features that seem most impactful for me is the ability for several users to access it to process a task as well as the reporting. I'm still learning more about this program, but these features make my job much easier. The integration is a process, but I believe it's worth it in the longrun.

Cons

Since I'm still learning about this software, I can't say that I see issues however, I'll definitely be in touch with any.

Kv

Kim v.

Work Smarter with Smartwebs

Attaching pictures with the letters per NRS 116 requirement. Downloading multiple HOA's and just being more efficient.

Pros

Creating Compliance letters for my HOA's is easy. The software is user friendly and my letters can be customized, for better communication with Homeowners.

Cons

When I queue a letter, sometimes I get bumped back out to the Community map, and have to get back to my address list again. But after a few clicks, I'm back to where I need to be.

KS

Kathleen S.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Easy, cost-worthy and efficient!

Before SmartWebs, our company used a spreadsheet to keep up with compliance. As we continued to bring in more doors, the need for a simpler and more effective way to keep up with violations was necessary. SmartWebs allowed for us to send multiple violations while on property. Integration was seamless as it merges with our software, VMS. And we have multiple communities who benefit from it.

Pros

Easy to find a home address either by typing or viewing on the map Easy to find open violations and view notes while in the field Quick and effortless to send compliance reports to the Board/committee Architectural process is seamless Great to have all notes and backup info in one, easy to search location

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about SmartWebs to be quite frank. The system is constantly improving and we're happy with the product.

DL

Debbie L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Makes Violation Tracking so Simple

I have been able to have the communities look better and follow up consistently.

Pros

I like being able to attach photo with the violations, keeping track of the violations, and the reminders. I love having a paper trail that include certified letters and signatures when reviewing disputes with owners and the Board.

Cons

I would love to be able to attach a pdf to a violation and not just a jpg.

BY

Brian Y.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

A critical piece of the HOA puzzle. A must have for successful management.

It's been great. Super intuitive for the most part and if you're ever stuck the customer support is quick and amazing.

Pros

Easy to use. Graphical. Geo-Tracking for on the spot enforcement. Inclusive and responsive for Architectural reviews and a great system for tracking and issuing covenant violations.

Cons

I would love to be able to separate our community into neighborhoods as some neighborhoods have sub-associations that I don't want collaborators to have access to entire HOA.

JG

Jennifer G.

Smart Webs ARC & Violations

I love it for the ease of reporting to the Board and am looking forward to getting the work order system in play.

Pros

SmartWebs violations and ARC are very easy to use and provide an easy way to track projects and violations. There are a variety of reports that can be ran depending on how you need to see the data.

Cons

Smartwebs offline sometimes crashes when adding a picture out in the property.

AU

Alci U.

Management Consulting, 201-500 employees

Smartwebs honest review

Overall I'm very happy with this product and can't imagine my daily work without it.

Pros

I really like this product, I honestly don't know how managers did their inspections and ARC management without, it's a time and life saver in my opinion.

Cons

I would like the integration to be done live, having to wait for once per week integration sometimes slows me down.

KH

Karen H.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Great product and customer service

It is great to have the history available in one place

Pros

We use the software for violations and ACC so the ease of use is very important to us

Cons

As with any software, updates have to be done which does impact us at times

DW

David W.

Government Administration, 10,001+ employees

Overall, a great product.

I wish I could set a default view ... IE, last 7 days, or last 24 hours. Obviously, having the ability to change it, but one that would show me a specific view, for my needs, as a user who made the decision to pay for the software ...

Pros

I liked that I could vary the view of monthly violations.

Cons

1. I wish I could get a notification every time someone representing my neighborhood modified something or created a new ticket, or at least of course, make it a notification option I can turn on or off.

AB

Alicia B.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Satisfied Customer

Pros

The software is really user friendly. It is helpful that you are able to edit the letter to be specific to what you need.

Cons

I do wish that reports would show names, it helps when I am out on property doing inspections to know the owners.

DS

Dee S.

Great Product!

Pros

This software is easy to use. Boards and Committee members have access to view violations and other information at leisure- which puts less stress on management. Customer service is Grade A!

Cons

Does not allow for daily fine schedules.