RentPost Reviews

4.46/5 (14 reviews)

Matthew Lawrence

Reviewed 2011-05-19

Some of the features seem like over-kill and some of the more basic features seam to be lacking functionality and ease of use. Let companies brand their Owner Statements for free (RentPost is not going to pick up business from Owners who are receiving statements anyway - its the managers that you need)

Pros
RentPost is an excellent way to log rent and generate Owner Statements. The dashboard is very user friendly and being web based makes it so easy to use and takes the worry out of computer or software crashes. Once the Residents are in the system, logging rent is very easy and the way RentPost prioritizes unpaid units to the top of your dashboard for attention is great! Customer support is fast and for the most part very thorough. Using the feedback button on the website I was able to get immediate response on a Saturday morning to have a problem corrected which is incredible!

Cons
The Owner Statements are not very customized and there is a large fee for even the most basic level of business branding. Implementing the software should be done thru face-to-face tutorials or "demo" sessions because use is not as easy as advertised. We have spoken with another Property Management Company in the area and this was their same concern - RentPost works well but is not a smooth transition.

Response from Rentpost

Thanks for the review of RentPost.

I just wanted to clarify that RentPost does NOT brand owner statements with any RentPost details, and that we include the company details of the property manager on all owner statements. We have no intentions of trying to pick up owner leads by marketing in this way.

Also, I think you will find that our next release coming out will address most if not all of your concerns in terms of simplicity. I should also state that we've heard from multiple clients how simple the software was to use. But we realize everyone is not the same, we're continually focused on this aspect!

Thanks again, we appreciate the feedback, it allows us to continue to improve!

Imelda Castro

Software for your property leasing business

Reviewed 2018-12-15
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I like the application because it is an application that is new to me specializing on all areas of management helping Landlords and tenants. My husband and I own apartments, condominium rooms, commercial buildings and studios that we my husband invested before he resigned and I can say it is a good business but there were challenges, misunderstandings, missed monthly payments and unclear calculations. With Rentpost, loopholes were identified, procedures and guidelines are followed, payments were on time and tenants were managed well. Positive results were achieved because we have a clear overview of everything thus planning and followups have been successful. Accounting is a big help at the same time we have saved all tenant information and documents all in one place.

Cons
It is a new technology and concept I can say that is why there are still areas that are not clear or needs suggestion but whats good about Rentpost is that they have great Customer support and they are open for feedback and suggestions. They listen to you.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Keisha Streeter-Clark

Great for a small company

Reviewed 2018-01-10

Try it.

Pros
This program is easy to use for our clients and administrators. The affordability and the cost are enticing.

Cons
Takes them to long to process payments even though clients paid ACH I’ve waited upto 5 days at times. The customer service is undesirable in that it’s easy to get them on the phone when signing up but not when you have a issue. The delayed payment could be a reason for us to move on. I hope they fix it we are on year 2

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Justin Marsan

It does everything I need

Reviewed 2011-05-19

If you have to manage properties, even just a few, and don't want to forget anything, or even want to remember anything, then Rentpost is exactly what you need. It's like a virtual assistant that always thinks about everything and that is always available and ready to do even more. All the features it provides will probably make your life easier, at least it works for me and I recommended it to some of my friends ! I've been using it for only few months but still I've seen the tool evolve, the guys behind it are constantly making it better and listening to us, that's really something I like and that's what make it really handy on a daily basis : it's made by people who understand what we need, people that care.

Pros
The software really does a lot of various things, everything I need is in there and I just need few clics to set it up and make it work. Every information I could need or task I must get done can be done from Rentpost and I know the software wont forget it or make a mistake. I don't have to remember it myself, just log in and all I have to do or want to know is right there.

Cons
Like any software that provides that much options and stuff, setting it up can be a little scary. There a a lot of different panels and tabs and yes at first sight it looks a bit complex. But once you've found you way through this (and it doesn't take much time) it's totally worth it. That's all I can find as a Cons, really.

Katie Parris

Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 2018-08-30
Review Source: Software Advice

We have used this product for a while and it is great overall, just a few glitches, but every system is going to have that!

Pros
Customer support is great Easy to communicate with all tenants Allows the tenants to pay easily online

Cons
it is hard to make reports late fee is not always applied when it is suppose to hard to send things out if the owners/tenants do not specifically sign up

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Tamara Taylor

Best Value in Property Management Software

Reviewed 2016-08-02

Rentpost is the best value I have found after search for weeks. There great customer service and easy to use features have really changed the efficiency of my company.

Pros
RentPost is extremely user friendly so it makes the complicated process very easy to use.

Carrie Preston

Great Online Rent Collection

Reviewed 2016-06-22

With RentPost you get a user friendly program, that has saved me a lot of time. The online rent collection has given my company a quick way to collect money. Also RentPost has become for me an organized way to have all my units in one central place.

Pros
How quick and easy the online rent collection is. The cost of the software is a great value for what you get in return

Cons
Some small features are missing such as marketing.

Matthew Tortoriello

RentPost up and coming property management software

Reviewed 2011-05-19

Would highly recommend them as a great property management cloud service for a reasonable price. Keep your eye on them as they grow.

Pros
The ease of use of the software is one of its best qualities. Someone that does not know a thing about property management software can just jump right in and get started. They have a robust accounting system and great quick reporting system to help keep track of how your business is running. Their Amazing customer support and the development team is constantly pushing to improve and bring new features to its users, makes this one of the top new comers to the online property management software arena.

Cons
Still a young company with room to grow, but they are growing!

bette dixon

Nice PM System

Reviewed 2017-10-10

Pros
Has some nice features such as online rent, work order management, rent roll, contact management, etc.

Cons
Would like to see more complete system to pay owners easier, without additional fees and expenses, etc.

Mathew Macfayden

Property Management Software is a must have!!!

Reviewed 2016-10-03

Every property manager with over 10 units should use a manager software. The ability to have all your data stored in a central location and collect rent online has saved me so much time and effort. I personally use Rentpost because of how easy it is to use and how many features you receive for an affordable price.

Response from Rentpost

Glad you're enjoying it Matthew!

Ben Richardson

RentPost: Online Rent Collection

Reviewed 2016-06-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
RentPost is extremely easy to use and saves me a lot of time with online rent collection compared to having to go door to door to pick up rent checks.

Cons
The only thing negative I've come across with RentPost, is that it does not have a marketing section yet.

Adam Brown

A new era of property management

Reviewed 2011-05-19

A+++ Software and implementation. Highly recommended.

Pros
The software is easy to use, friendly, forgiving, and powerful beyond all belief. It reduces the work load of management companies ten-fold.

Cons
None that I can think of! Keep up the great work!

Philip Lee

Made life easier, worth every penny

Reviewed 2011-05-19

No nonesense complications, everything very straight forward, was up and running in minutes! Highly recommend.

Pros
Easy to understand Everything done online Saved time and money for me

Cons
Wish they started this earlier

Greg Allens

Reviewed 2011-06-01
Review Source: Software Advice

My property management business depends on RentPost. The tenants have taken to it very well, and it makes my life easier.