Jackrabbit Dance Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.64/10

Reviews by rating

The reports that can be generated are very helpful, easy search features, outstanding support through the chat feature.
I love this software and JR is constantly updating the experience to make it better- that has to be the best part of this software- the updates and constant improvements.
Jackrabbitdance has great tutorials, webinars that have assisted our admin team greatly. The checkup calls are fantastic too.
It would be easier if pay was calculated based on the class times to avoid entering times in. Additionally there is no real setup for students to pay for drop in classes.
The absolute worst thing about JR is that their "per student fee" includes students from a family that are no longer current students.
Posted tuition is broken up and should just be a lump sum amount in the parent portal. It’s confusing to parents.

SC

Sandra C.

Director

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Been a JR user for years and no complaints

Transcript

Sandra: My name is Sandra and I am the Creative Brand Manager at a local dance studio. And I would rate...

NN

Naomi N.

Owner/Manager

Just What We Needed!

Transcript

Naomi: Hi there. I'm Naomi. I am a dance studio owner and director, and I give Jackrabbit Dance a five...

For studio owners/staff, you need it. NEED.

Pros

Jackrabbit is really the first and only thing you need to run a dance studio. I cannot say enough what a boon it was to the industry when it first came on the scene. It's amazing, it does EVERYTHING you could possibly need it to do, the company is incredibly supportive and holds continuing education to get the most out of it, and it's highly cost effective given the range of functionality. You don't need anything else if you have it, which is amazing--especially for an industry that is often miles behind others when it comes to technology.

Cons

Nothing. Seriously. Anything wrong with it would just be nitpicking, and given what I wrote about its positive side, it's simply not worth nitpicking such a vital and amazing product with such a great team attached to it.

We appreciate your positive comments and we're thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

LB

Laura B.

Jackrabbit TDB

Love love love. Brand new studio owner and I couldn’t have done it without jackrabbit

Pros

The ease of setup with my coach was impeccable

Cons

It’s hard to know if I’m doing things correctly until there’s a problem!

Hi Laura! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are excited to have you! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team if you need help with anything.

YR

Yve R.

Performing Arts, self-employed

Jackrabbit Dance Review

We have been working with JR since August 2018. I have found the people that work for Jackrabbit are really great. I feel they offer the same level of customer service I strive to provide our families.We are looking at adding Quickbooks to our tools so I am hoping that the support for that addition will be just as excellent.

Pros

The customer service has always been outstanding. I like that they are constantly updating the product and fine tuning/adding features.

Cons

I don't like that I cannot send notifications through my app, through Jackrabbit. I like having one place to research what texts are sent, etc. When we signed on for the app, there was also in the works to have texts go both ways which would mean we could bring our performance division teams "in house" for communication instead of having to use FB messenger or What's app. I love having as few "places to look" as possible.

SL

Sarah L.

Lots of valuable features

Overall Jackrabbit is full of features and also has amazing customer service.

Pros

Billing/payments, ease of use, and valuable features make Jackrabbit Dance a real asset.

Cons

Sometimes the feature functionality in the Performance Features doesn't meet our current needs. Each year, Jackrabbit updates its functions and adds new elements!

JP

Jennifer P.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Thoughts on Jackrabbit

Overall, we have been happy with Jackrabbit. We now use the daily attendance which is helpful for teachers.

Pros

The online registration and the online payments.

Cons

The cost and having to delete customers history.

Hi Jennifer! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. You mentioned the cost of Jackrabbit as a concern, I would recommend looking into our new PayPath option if you haven't already. Please feel free to reach out to our team if you have any questions.

KA

Ken A.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Use JackRabbit

It was wonderful- quite nervous at first wanting to make sure it meshed with current accounting .. and it went better than planned.

Pros

Their customer support is world class. No kidding!!

Cons

Credit card charges- this is a huge tax on small businesses- not really a JR deal but it prevented me from using it sooner.

Hi Ken! Thank you for leaving us this review and giving your feedback. We recently released a Surcharges feature that can assist in alleviating credit card charges for you. Please feel free to reach out to our team if you are interested in learning more!

WS

Wendy S.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

Nice, but hard to set up

It has been great, just hard for me to change to this since it is so different and I feel like I don't know what I'm doing to set it up again.

Pros

I like how I can take roll, and see who is in classes. I like how easy they can register.

Cons

I am petrified to try to get my summer schedule up and going. I don't really remember how I did everything and am hoping I can get that done right. Are they able to choose from Fall and Summer, or do I need to delete summer?

Hi Wendy! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team for help with setting up your summer schedule.

SD

Shannon D.

Sports, self-employed

Jackrabbit is Very Efficient and East to Use

I enjoy using jackrabbit to send clients invoices, register students and set up classes. It has saved time and helped get more kids registered.

Pros

I like the ease of the invoice prep. It keeps everything organized and easy for clients to understand.

Cons

The cost of operating the online payments.

Hi Shannon! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Since you referenced online payment costs, we would recommend looking into Surcharges. It is a new feature we released that will help with processing fees. Feel free to reach out to our team if you would like more information.

AW

ALEX W.

JACKRABBIT

We love it. It has streamlined our front office so much.

Pros

I love that it has most everything i need for accounting, registration, communication, and more.

Cons

We are a small town studio, so especially for registration, id like the option to customize a few more things.

LP

Larkezia P.

Destiny Dance user review

I have had a good experience with Jackrabbit. I like they are always making improvements.

Pros

It easy to work with and when their are questions about the system the help desk really help you understand.

Cons

I don’t like that you can only have one registration fee. We have different dance programs at our school which makes it hard to price correctly.

KR

Kate R.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Affordable, versatile, easy to use

We continue to be happy with the affordability, integration into our website, and ease of use for students, teachers, and administrators.

Pros

This software was so much more intuitive, well integrated, and affordable than the studio management software we were using previously (MindBody). Easy to integrate web registration and class schedules into our website. Easy to create discount rules, enroll students, schedule make-up classes, and track student skills. The student portal is user-friendly. Our students never checked their accounts online with our previous software, and now they use their student accounts all the time. Jackrabbit also responded quickly to the pandemic, creating tools for sharing online class links and videos efficiently and securely with registered students.

Cons

We don't like the look of the mobile-friendly class schedule integration. Class schedules look great in desktop mode, but very clunky on our website in mobile mode. We'd also like them to change the name of the Parent Portal to Student Portal, or something else that is more friendly to adult students.

RE

Rachel E.

Lisa's Dance Connection

I learn the most with the live chat agents. I'm thankful for that feature. We have something odd happening every once and a while where "JTech" posts things and I cannot track which employee actually posted a charge or did something in the portal. I spoke with a live agent and she didn't understand why that was happening either.

Pros

After using DanceManager on a desktop without cloud capabilities since the 1990s, Jackrabbit is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

I want portal messages from customers as a notification or a tab on my executive dashboard. It is annoying to go to the sent emails in reports every day to check. (I know we receive emails but my email address sends all Jackrabbit automatic emails to spam because it would overwhelm my inbox.) We also were frustrated in the beginning because we bought a card reader through SafeSave and it was not Mac compatible and we are stuck with it. We are using our Chase credit card processor for in person purchases, SafeSave for online purchases (or in-person requesting to use card on file), and Square when at performances/competitions. We desperately need something to read cards and update the customer's account simultaneously. (Rather than us charging the card and entering that they paid)

BS

Brianne S.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

A True Asset for Management

Contacting families, monitoring balances, keeping track of measurements and costuming... All of that has been a breeze with Jackrabbit Dance.

Pros

I love that, even though it takes a little practice, it's simple to get used to and becomes easy to understand quickly. Its features are concise and accessible, making managing our data so much easier than anything else we've used.

Cons

As I said, it does take some effort to learn, although once learned it's very easy to navigate. I'm sure that anything I personally find unclear is only because we haven't yet discovered how to use those features, and will easily be resolved because of how accessible the information becomes when you take the time to explore the program.

LG

Leslie G.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

Jackrabbit has been a lifesaver

Pros

One centralized location to manage most aspects of the business, whether at the office or at home. This product makes owning and managing a dance studio much easier. It is also a great service for our patrons.

Cons

There are a lot of possibilities and you have to be careful to check everything. It can sometimes be a bit persnickety and for people who are not computer savvy, it is not always intuitive.

GM

Graille M.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Jackrabbit Dance Review

I prefer this software over others. Easy to learn, easy to use; staff and parents happy with both sides of system.

Pros

All of the reports help with making our business run smoother. Client management is streamlined. Parent Portal is easily accessible.

Cons

I don't have anything that I like the least. It would be nice to mass archive and mass enroll students. Costume section needs improvement in order to actually place orders (if that's what the goal is).

BS

Becky S.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

Spend more time building your business, less time billing it.

I think Jackrabbit solves my auto-billing issues, allows my customers to pay online at their leisure, and makes my collection process much smoother.

Pros

I like how simple the program is. It is customizable for my use but also takes the guesswork out of daily tasks. The customer service is spot-on and always willing to help.

Cons

I really wish there was an online store option where my customers could purchase basic things like tickets or studio apparel on the app. It would make life much easier.

HC

Holly C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Best Decision We Could Have Made!

We made the switch to Jackrabbit in May of 2020. I use this product both from the office/business side and the parent side and I am thoroughly enjoying working with both sides! From the business side, it was very easy to set up and Jackrabbit walked me through and always answered my questions. Their customer service team is top notch! The software functionality is amazing! From the parent side,...

Pros

We are a larger studio and Jackrabbit helps save me time In many ways! One example, When parents have a failed payment, they receive an email automatically letting them know. I have noticed great success with parents logging in to update expired cards AND make payment without me calling them! I can also view A/R at a quick glance from my dashboard, and click to see who has balances, AND email them...

Cons

They are continually making improvements! One thing I would like to see is tuition payments processing automatically. (It is coming soon.) That is the single item our old system had over Jackrabbit. But there are so many other advantages to Jackrabbit and it’s very fast to process payments so not a huge deal. Their are so many reports it’s been a learning curve to figure out my favorites. On the flip side - there is literally a report for anything!

WN

Wendy N.

Fine Art, 11-50 employees

Jackrabbit Dance is imperative in running my studio

We have benefitted immensely by using Jackrabbit over the past several years. From online registration and payments to the staff and parent portals, they have really allowed us to serve our clients better while dramatically reducing the workload for our staff.

Pros

Online registration and payment collection is the reason we started using Jackrabbit originally. This continues to be the number one asset of the Jackrabbit software in our business. We have grown to use and rely on the staff portal for tracking staff hours which has been very useful. We started using Jackrabbit for attendance during COVID and have continued to do so to track attendance for illnesses and makeup classes, which again has been great.

Cons

A change that really needs to be made is the ability to send individual dancers to the lead file and leave their younger sibling(s) active. Jackrabbit fees are base on active students, but students that quit or graduate are still counted as active if they have a sibling still dancing. This is totally unfair and hasn't been addressed in all the year's I have used the syllabus. I also don't like the fact that their is no way to split the billing of fees to two parents. The software needs to reflect the changes that we have in society with multiple families and parents that need to split the costs of dancers. Last, the recital component could use an update for more detail and better reporting.

AC

Autumn C.

Performing Arts, self-employed

Very satisfied with Jackrabbit!

I'm very satisfied with Jackrabbit itself and with its helpful team! I would recommend it to others!

Pros

Online registration, online payments and invoicing, the POS system, the extensive reports available to run, and the revenue chart comparisons. I have to say these are my favorite features. They made running my studio so easy. I was able to see at a glance everything that was happening internally, from the financial aspect to how my classes were being filled and who was behind or ahead on tuition.

Cons

Perhaps this is just me, but I feel the layout of Jackrabbit's many different features could be improved somewhat. The font (a little on the small size) and drop-downs- especially when there are many drop downs and options to choose from, such as when customizing a report- can be confusing and cause a bit of a headache. I think that some slight design changes to their appearance will be a little easier...

KS

Katelyn S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

JackRabbit is easy to use and assists immensely in organizing classes and students each season.

Mass emailing to our families save us time and creating email lists. Also, being able to register dancers quickly and easily is great for saving time.

Pros

We like the ease of adding students to classes as well as dropping and transferring to other classes throughout the season. Being able to email on mass is also great but we also love being able to select specifics about a group before emailing. Class creation is easy, but still detailed, and the posting of fees is simple enough. I love the Dashboard! It gives a great snapshot of the business. The email schedule feature is also fabulous.

Cons

The cost to process families credit cards through the software is outrageous! Our fees have been so high that we have been forced to stop using this feature for some of our families. Also, reports are hard to work with and from time to time fees do not post to family's accounts when they register online. It would be great to have an "add fees" button similar to the class details where we could put in a monthly fee once and then post it for multiple months by clicking one button.

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that there are so many things that you love about Jackrabbit. If you work with a Jackrabbit-preferred credit card processor you have access to their meet or beat pricing promise so please reach out to them. We also base improvements on your ideas so please submit ideas through the button in your software so that we have a clear understanding of how you'd like to see Jackrabbit continue to enhance the software.

SC

Stephanie C.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

DC Dance Factory review

Overall it's good . Somewhat confusing but just needs to be able to do some of the things above to be more functional for our dance studio.

Pros

I like that it allows us to bill credit cards. I like that it keeps up with income over the years and shows the comparison. I like that I can email/text classes.

Cons

I hate that it won't let me charge a convenience fee for those using credit cards. I hate that it doesn't allow me to give certain families a discount code. Like if we run some sort of special and I want to give them a discount code to get 1/2 off registration fee sort of thing. I hate that it doesn't give me the option of having returning students have a diff reg fee than a new student. I would have...

BR

Bailey R.

Long-time User

Jackrabbit was really great initially when we switched over from Danceworks, way back when. It's still pretty good, but really struggling with the fact that 1. you can't organize and enroll based on grade, rather than age. 2. the find classes filter screen update from earlier this year is HORRIBLE. Don't even use it at all now. 3. you can't deactivate a student from a family and have to pay for old people that won't come back because they've aged out but happen to have a sibling (or whatever the case is). 4. skills and feedback are not really set up in a usable way for a dance studio. Shame to not be able to utilize.

Pros

Love the online enrollment capabilities.

Cons

Sorting and organizing into web registration. Filters aren't helpful anymore. Go back to the old way please.

AW

Ashleigh W.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Jackrabbit is overall really great

Paying online is a big one and also being able to send out text and emails to a specific class or the whole studio is great. I love that support is always there to help and never makes me feel stupid, I love the individualized videos they can send to help you with your questions. Another reason we do not use the attendance we because of the way you can only see certain things. I would love an app that is the same as what I see online instead of having to use safari.

Pros

I love that parents can register and make payments online and it is easy. I love that we can schedule to send emails out at a later date (sometimes I wish it would schedule further than 90 days.) It is easy to use, when I have to train someone new it is easy to teach them. The team of support is great and always so helpful.

Cons

I wish you could set text for future like you can emails. I wish the email for future could be longer than 90 days. To be able to have more than one billing contact (we have a lot of split families and both would like to get the statements and still have their separate contact information and not both emails under one name)

BV

Barbara V.

A gym owner' s greatest asset

I am a co-owner of a small cheer/Dance/gymnastics gym 150-190 students depending on season. I am mostly the business side of the gym. I have a business/accounting degree. Before Jackrabbit we were keeping track of our payments on a gymnastics specific software(extremely old) program. This was not an online system and could only be accessed from my desktop computer. We took credit card payments thru...

Cons

Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We try every day to make sure our software gets better and better so it helps you even more!

TB

Trichia B.

Fine Art, 11-50 employees

It's been great but wish the credit card fees were less.

It has made inputting of customer info much easier. Now they can do this on their own.

Pros

Once we figured how to integrate our system we were using into Jackrabbit, things went smooth. I LOVE the recital feature, event feature, families registering online.

Cons

I feel since I've started using Jackrabbit, I've lost a significant amount of money. I feel it's through accepting credit cards virtually. Fees can be over $6000.00 a year. If just accepting checks there would be no fees or very minimal ones. In having a business in NY, the taxes are already out of control and with additional 3rd party fees, processing fees, percentages, surcharges, and "other" fees it just makes it hard to even pay yourself as well as employees. Possibly someone has an idea of how to fix this ongoing struggle?