Jackrabbit Dance Reviews

Pros

I love the customer service, and the help line. If there is a problem, someone is there to help you through it very quickly and the software is always advancing and creating more ways to be better.

TS

Tanya S.

I love this software and JR is constantly updating the experience to make it better- that has to be the best part of this software- the updates and constant improvements.

DC

Dena C.

I like that it is pretty easy to use. And I love how fast I can get help through the Jackrabbit team for help.

SW

Sara W.

Cons

It would be easier if pay was calculated based on the class times to avoid entering times in. Additionally there is no real setup for students to pay for drop in classes.

DM

Danny M.

Its at times to much, and hard to follow. If you click the wrong thing its hard to fix.

BS

Brandon S.

Posted tuition is broken up and should just be a lump sum amount in the parent portal. It’s confusing to parents.

CM

Cherie M.

NG

Naomi G.

Owner

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Just What We Needed!

Transcript

Naomi: Hi there. I'm Naomi. I am a dance studio owner and director, and I give Jackrabbit Dance a five...

Been a JR user for years and no complaints

Transcript

Sandra: My name is Sandra and I am the Creative Brand Manager at a local dance studio. And I would rate...

Satisfied but could be more.

We love this for customer interaction and management. Bill pay is easy and straight forward. This falls short of being a total studio solution in my opinion however. Feel free to reach out to me for more ideas, I would even be interested in long term product development if you want.

Pros

I love how many options there are for reports and options within the report.

Cons

I would love for this software to have better inventory management and store management features. Also, hour tacking/employee scheduling is a little bit lacking. I have been using Homebase for hour tracking. Would be nice to us JR but the software is lacking.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! We¿re thrilled that you love the reporting functions. We hope you continue to get value from all of our features as your business grows. Please send us your ideas through the "send idea" button in your portal, we'd love to hear from you.

Wish we had transferred sooner.

Tuition processing Mass emails Parent Portal ease.

Pros

Our dance studio had been using a software that didn't utilize any modern for some time now...basically we were using a dinasour program for studio management. We transferred to the Jackrabbit system during quarentine and it has been amazing. With great customer support and many resources my questions about the system are quickly answered. So far any problem that we come accross we are able to find the answer to with much ease. The program allows our staff to communicate easier and become involved more with the developement of each of our students. My families are so pleased with the upgrade as well. Our favorite part about the software is tuition processing. It is easy and can be done in minimal time. Everything is integrated! We only wish we had tranferred sooner.

Cons

Because of how many aspescts Jackrabbit uses and covers for your studio, there is a lot that goes into the set up of the system in order to meet the exact needs of your studio. However, after the set up process and allowing yourself to get to know the ins and outs it is easy.

Jackrabbit review

Stressful. I have not gotten a full understanding of the program. I implemented it this year and each time I look at it, I tend do use the same features that I have figured out for sure. I am still unsure if certain things went through or if I did things correctly. Many things did not flow easily as the coach explained. I would not be able to do any of it without the coaching. I appreciate that it is easy for most of my families. It is just stressful for me.

Pros

It integrates well with websites another systems. It tries to address many dance world features for large dance studios/businesses.

Cons

There are so many things/drop downs/sections to click on to make one basic thing happen. It is overwhelming to use due to the variety and numerous details that are always on the screen. Some steps take 2-3 steps to accomplish. The overall look is congested with many reports, graphs, statistics and numbers that are visual all the time. It is overwhelming with so much information or steps to take to use the program. Navigating through it take help from their coaching no matter what. For artistic individuals, it is over the top business arranged with statistics and listings.

Helpful, Useful, Resourceful!

Overall, it has made my life so much easier and has helped me get my business on the right foot!

Pros

I love the functionality of Jackrabbit and how it can store so much information and make it all work together. The parent portal looks professional and you can customize it to your companies logo, branding and welcome messages. My clients have had a fairly easy time using the portal and I love being able to send documents to their classes for them to always view instead of sending 90 emails a year.

Cons

I really wish there was a way for students to sign up for private lessons or occasional lessons. I wish there was a way to schedule classes to be set up on an every other week basis as well since that is how I run solo classes. I wish fees could automatically charge accounts instead of manually going in and charging accounts.

Affordable, versatile, easy to use

We continue to be happy with the affordability, integration into our website, and ease of use for students, teachers, and administrators.

Pros

This software was so much more intuitive, well integrated, and affordable than the studio management software we were using previously (MindBody). Easy to integrate web registration and class schedules into our website. Easy to create discount rules, enroll students, schedule make-up classes, and track student skills. The student portal is user-friendly. Our students never checked their accounts online with our previous software, and now they use their student accounts all the time. Jackrabbit also responded quickly to the pandemic, creating tools for sharing online class links and videos efficiently and securely with registered students.

Cons

We don't like the look of the mobile-friendly class schedule integration. Class schedules look great in desktop mode, but very clunky on our website in mobile mode. We'd also like them to change the name of the Parent Portal to Student Portal, or something else that is more friendly to adult students.

The Cadillac of Webware for Dance Studios

My experience with JR over the past 9 years has been incredible. Their support has improved over the years and if I want a call, they call. If I need immediate assistance, they get to me. And everyone on the team is so well informed.

Pros

I love that everything is connected to everything in this webware. I love the search options, the report options, the constant updates, and how easily I can work it from my phone anywhere!

Cons

I'd love a timeline on the features they are currently updating, but really, no other program does what JR does. So I can't complain!

The best as far as customization goes

We like it, but it is a bit frustrating at times. It is definitely confusing, as well...and this comes from very tech-savvy people.

Pros

I really love that Jackrabbit has so many features and so many ways to customize it. It is replacing numerous different things we used to customize and create for ourselves — attendance sheets on Google Sheets, rolls and databases on Filemaker Pro, having to manually text parents through Google Voice, emailing registered families through Gmail add-ons or Mailchimp, and registering students through a mix of Woocommerce and Eventzilla. We felt that the charge was worth it.

Cons

I do believe that functionality sort of takes precedence with this company over ease of use. So, it is very difficult sometimes to customize things exactly the way you want it. There is also NO way — in our opinion — to effectively do drop-ins, like there is with Mind-Body. Private lessons will also require us to use a 3rd party solution. I wish there as a native app, free for all of us, not additional charge. I also wish there was a way to integrate video lessons or pay-to-take-online lessons (like drop-ins, online). I think that the way you integrate this into your website is also very convoluted, and could be improved.

Jackrabbit is a great software

Overall I love Jackrabbit. I love that they reduced their price yet increased their services when the Pandemic started. It’s a great software.

Pros

Easy to learn with videos and access to support.

Cons

That ideas are only implemented if we get enough votes. I have been waiting for years for them to not allow kids to double book themselves in a overlapping classes for example, and should be an easy fix. I also wish they improved their recital management that would a hard to use.

K's review

Jackrabbit is so much better than the software we used to use. I am so grateful for all the ways that things are easier to use for me as a staff person in JR. I know that our parents are grateful for the improvements and upgrade from our last system.

Pros

I am so grateful for the support technicians and their ability to help in a variety of ways. They go above and beyond to help me when I or others on our staff need them.

Cons

There is so much to learn. I am continuing to realize and learn new things.

Can do most anything you can imagine

Customer service was excellent. Overall experience was great, being a small dance studio it was just more than what we needed. If we were larger, it would have been a life saver.

Pros

Accounting, reporting, and ease of use was the best feature for us. Also, just tracking customers and managing memberships.

Cons

Some reports for revenue were kind of confusing. So many features can be overwhelming. Cost was high.

Best Decision We Could Have Made!

We made the switch to Jackrabbit in May of 2020. I use this product both from the office/business side and the parent side and I am thoroughly enjoying working with both sides! From the business side, it was very easy to set up and Jackrabbit walked me through and always answered my questions. Their customer service team is top notch! The software functionality is amazing! From the parent side,...

Pros

We are a larger studio and Jackrabbit helps save me time In many ways! One example, When parents have a failed payment, they receive an email automatically letting them know. I have noticed great success with parents logging in to update expired cards AND make payment without me calling them! I can also view A/R at a quick glance from my dashboard, and click to see who has balances, AND email them...

Cons

They are continually making improvements! One thing I would like to see is tuition payments processing automatically. (It is coming soon.) That is the single item our old system had over Jackrabbit. But there are so many other advantages to Jackrabbit and it’s very fast to process payments so not a huge deal. Their are so many reports it’s been a learning curve to figure out my favorites. On the flip side - there is literally a report for anything!

Jackrabbit Class is outstanding!!!! I've been a user since 2009.

Jackrabbit helps me with online and in-person registration, scheduling, parent communication, accounts receivable, costume sizing and ordering plus a whole lot more. Overall it's a great program I'd recommend to any studio owner.

Pros

JR is ALWAYS updating the user features based on user feedback through an "idea" button on the dashboard where we can share ideas we have about functionality that we'd like to see added to their already great service. As noted before, I have been a user since 2009 and I can tell you the system is always evolving. They make me feel like my opinion matters.

Cons

Here's what could be improved: 1. Text Messaging needs to be two way. Right now text replies are sent via email which is not always convenient. (but this is true of all the top providers right now) 2. Automatic Payments are not FULLY available. You have to manually perform a group batch to charge everyone on the day you want the payment to go through. In other words, you can't just "set it and forget...

We love Jackrabbit!

We started with Jackrabbit over 4 years ago. I was brand new to our dance studio and the system was still on a "trial" version. As a new faculty member I knew from the trial that the software was going to take us in the right direction as our studio grew more each season. In the beginning we started using the most basic features and each year we learn and add more - kindof the way our business grows. For us, the absolute most-important feature that makes us continue to stay with Jackrabbit over any other software/company/etc is the customer service. We can get help to some of our toughest (and silliest) questions so quickly via email, phone or the Jackrabbit Facebook Community. It really is above and beyond any other company we've dealt with. <3 Thank you Jackrabbit!! <3

Pros

-Customization options to suit our business as it grows -integration options into our studio website -CUSTOMER SERVICE any time we need it. (sometimes on holidays/weekends when they aren't supposed to be working!) -Options for tracking both families and staff -The new Staff Portal is great, we're excited to implement it in the new season. -We love the fact that Jackrabbit is constantly growing and improving. There's more! Lots more!

Cons

-No automatic payments from a bank account for Canadian customers (for us to pay our monthly fees to Jackrabbit) <- this is the one and only reason we've looked at other companies. As a studio that does not run on any credit cards - going to the bank to load a debit-visa type card is very time consuming. -The process to setup accepting payments for online registrations has been very time consuming (we're very-much looking forward to the day we can be done with it!)

We are so happy to hear that you have had such great experience with our customer support team! We care so much about our customers. We understand it can be overwhelming when you start a new software, but we are thrilled that you have seen your business grow. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, so please let our support team know what frustrations you are having with setting up ePayments.

The Trials and Triumphs of bringing our Performing Arts School to the 21st Century...

After 15 years as the sole office personnel in a small non profit that grew somehow from 3 personnel to over 45 I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to change. First, the updated Website. Ok, I can do that. Oh. You want a CART? To be able to register ON LINE? Wait...that means taking CREDIT CARDS? Are you mad? People have been writing checks for 20 years quite happily thank you. Oh...you...

Pros

VERY user friendly. I'm very computer literate so it was a snap learning it but teaching it to folks NOT so literate, is easy. The BEST customer service from any company I've ever dealt with. Hands down. Constant updates, improvements and we the customers are listened to and the software changes and additions are created according to greatest need. Some of the best help documentation I've seen too. The training they offer both live and virtual is excellent.

Cons

There are features I wish it would have, like mass record updates or some more flexibility with report design but I feel like we will get those eventually. Nothing can cover every situation so just make sure if something essential is missing that you need that you have the JR folks talk you through it.

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience! We know this will really help those looking for a class management software. We are always enhancing the software to make it even better - we¿d love to hear your ideas through your Idea button in your database. Thanks again!

Ok for the price, but missing critical elements for our industry

Pros

Customer service is good. Usually available and most of the reps are patient and committed to helping. Cost effective if you only need to use a few features. Geared towards youth classes.

Cons

No way to easily manage drop in classes which means I have to pay for a second software program. When you add both of those, it's only a small difference between this system and a more robust one. Also, the software can be glitchy at times and unforgivable at others. Mistakes aren't easily fixable. Need more flexibility or customization.

A True Asset for Management

Contacting families, monitoring balances, keeping track of measurements and costuming... All of that has been a breeze with Jackrabbit Dance.

Pros

I love that, even though it takes a little practice, it's simple to get used to and becomes easy to understand quickly. Its features are concise and accessible, making managing our data so much easier than anything else we've used.

Cons

As I said, it does take some effort to learn, although once learned it's very easy to navigate. I'm sure that anything I personally find unclear is only because we haven't yet discovered how to use those features, and will easily be resolved because of how accessible the information becomes when you take the time to explore the program.

Great System for class management

Customer service bar none is the best out there! They never make you feel dumb for asking questions and troubleshoot alongside you to customize the software to what your individual needs are.

Pros

The ability to have many systems all in 1 place: Student accounts, Classroom attendance, Costuming, Payroll, Recital feature... All great under 1 app. Love the mobile app feature as well.

Cons

Hard to set up.. lots of buttons. Lot of questions to set up student accounts turn off potential customers. Inability to link to outside marketing sources for lead tracking and marketing.

JackRabbit is easy to use and assists immensely in organizing classes and students each season.

Mass emailing to our families save us time and creating email lists. Also, being able to register dancers quickly and easily is great for saving time.

Pros

We like the ease of adding students to classes as well as dropping and transferring to other classes throughout the season. Being able to email on mass is also great but we also love being able to select specifics about a group before emailing. Class creation is easy, but still detailed, and the posting of fees is simple enough. I love the Dashboard! It gives a great snapshot of the business. The email schedule feature is also fabulous.

Cons

The cost to process families credit cards through the software is outrageous! Our fees have been so high that we have been forced to stop using this feature for some of our families. Also, reports are hard to work with and from time to time fees do not post to family's accounts when they register online. It would be great to have an "add fees" button similar to the class details where we could put in a monthly fee once and then post it for multiple months by clicking one button.

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that there are so many things that you love about Jackrabbit. If you work with a Jackrabbit-preferred credit card processor you have access to their meet or beat pricing promise so please reach out to them. We also base improvements on your ideas so please submit ideas through the button in your software so that we have a clear understanding of how you'd like to see Jackrabbit continue to enhance the software.

DC Dance Factory review

Overall it's good . Somewhat confusing but just needs to be able to do some of the things above to be more functional for our dance studio.

Pros

I like that it allows us to bill credit cards. I like that it keeps up with income over the years and shows the comparison. I like that I can email/text classes.

Cons

I hate that it won't let me charge a convenience fee for those using credit cards. I hate that it doesn't allow me to give certain families a discount code. Like if we run some sort of special and I want to give them a discount code to get 1/2 off registration fee sort of thing. I hate that it doesn't give me the option of having returning students have a diff reg fee than a new student. I would have...

Always Coming Back

Very good. Have been using with multiple studios for the last 5 years.

Pros

Simple, straight forward, easy to export to excel.

Cons

Price is quite high. There are sometimes TOO many features, that it is hard to know where to look for something.

I am a happy and impressed customer

Jackrabbit has made Studio Management a breeze. I was not already very familiar with the dance studio industry, so having Jackrabbit on my side to manage the day-to-day has been hugely beneficial.

Pros

Their customer service is the best. I have only ever had friendly and helpful responses, and their response time is always quick. Jackrabbit was quick and easy to get up and running. The dashboards make it easy to start using right away, without having to know everything about it. In only few weeks we were of creating classes, entering students, enrolling classes. The reporting is also very deep, we are only just getting to know what all it offers.

Cons

There have been a couple of very small features that I could see might improve Jackrabbit, but again this is a way they excel. They have a comprehensive reporting and feature suggestion system so you can see what features other people have recommended and can comment and vote for the ones you like best.

After 50 years of doing everything manually, Jackrabbit brought us into the 21st century.

Before I was involved, our company tried to set up Jackrabbit. That didn't go very well, mainly because of the time needed to learn how the system works. But, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was convinced that she needed to make the change, and do away with her old manual systems. When I was asked to take on this project, I did invest quite a bit of time. After I understood what I needed to do, the process went well. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is thrilled with the system, and glad that she made the leap. Was it easy? Not at first. Is it easy now? Absolutely.

Pros

Jackrabbit simply does what it says it can do. The software is packed with features that we didn't even know we needed. Our families tell us that the parent portal is easy to understand and use, and they are grateful to have improved communication tools. When we were forced to close our studio due to COVID-19, we were impressed with the team at Jackrabbit, who quickly added virtual classroom links. While we would prefer to teach our students in person, Jackrabbit made it possible for our business to survive, and for that we're truly grateful.

Cons

Before I was brought in to implement Jackrabbit, our company struggled to make sense of the software for over a year. Be prepared for a bit of a learning curve. Take advantage of the support offered by Jackrabbit. They have a responsive team that will be happy to steer you through any challenge you might encounter. That said, be prepared to devote some time to getting your database set up properly. Your work will pay you dividends when everything is running efficiently.

Since we began using jackrabbit, you customer retention has doubled. Jackrabbit is awesome!

We are happy to say that because the system is automated, our customers retention is higher. Families love that they can register whenever they want on line. We have also had great success with the attendance and skills page. Once the skills buttons were implemented next to the attendance our staff had a much easier time ensuring that skills were assessed in a timely manner. As the director, I also love that I get immediate updates when a family has registered. This summer those updates helped us divert several clients from attending the wrong classes.

Pros

Not only is Jackrabbit easy for our customers to use, help is always available for my staff. The Jackrabbit support team is very friendly and patient. We rarely feel like we are waiting for a response. We also love the new skills and attendance tabs. This has been a fabulous tool for us at CREO.

Cons

It can take an hour to figure out where to look for certain buttons on the back end. As we gain more students, my staff has to act more quickly. Waiting for help or searching for the correct button can be frustrating. This is especially the case when we are working on setting up skill sets.

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. Please send questions you have though the Help button in your software and - of course - submit your ideas through the Send Idea button! We depend on your comments. to make improvements.

A single tool to manage student database, emails, and tuition transactions is a huge time saver.

Time savings, better record keeping, better tuition collection.

Pros

Easy to manage students and families. The waivers and online forms are great. We love being able to reconcile tuition transactions and send emails using the same tool as managing student contacts. In the past, we had separate databases for each purpose.

Cons

--Taking attendance is cumbersome, instructors can't see all of their classes. This is a big struggle for our open classes where some students pay online and some in person and we need to reconcile payments with who actually showed up. Right now we are still doing this with a paper sign-in sheet since we can't get Jackrabbit attendance to work. --Managing partial payments is difficult. Half...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We would like to work with you to help you benefit from all of our features and we're always available to do so. We would love to help you fix some of these issues through a Checkup call, which can be scheduled through this link: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323

Software That Grows with Us!

As we've added new staff there has been a bit of learning curve but we are starting to feel like we are really using the software the best we can. The latest releases have really been great. We are loving the staff portal and look forward to more additions like it.

Pros

Keeps track of all the information we need for each family. Let us move inactive students to lead file. Online attendance and staff communication. Easy ways to accept payments.

Cons

Not enough flexibility in reporting. Grades don't upgrade automatically. Limited room for note taking and the notes are "hidden" in tabs that are not seen at first. Not enough flexibility with levels/skills. Having to use Dropbox for attachments.

Hi, thank you for your review. To address your concerns with Jackrabbit, we are happy to share that our grade level upgrade has been enhanced. Our skills are also being added to the Staff Portal and will be released very soon. We'd love to talk to you more about the flexibility you'd like to see in reporting. Thanks for the feedback and the business!