WellnessLiving Logo

Business management for the health & fitness industry

WellnessLiving Reviews

Suggested alternatives

mindbody
vagaro
acuity-scheduling

This person was ALWAYS attentive and happy to help us with whatever we needed. We explained the entire situation and since then, they have been a great help at resolving any issues we encountered.
The software is even better than MindBody and my clients love the branded app. We are very pleased with Wellness Living and I would be happy to recommend their services to future potential clients.
Totally positive great support staff which is important to me because time is valuable and when I need it I need it now.
Credit card swiping feature on mobile devices is virtually non-functional. Sensitivity of the software on the "wrong" browser, wrong device, after updates, etc is frustrating.
However...after several frustrating calls with customer service no one could figure out what was going on. Four hours go by and finally after much frustration we learn that a server went down.
So you call to complain and they tell you that your "new feature request" will be noted, and when enough other people make the same request they will address it at that time.

KJ

Kaysan J.

CEO

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

WellnessLiving Review: Get Started & Don't Look Back.

Transcript

Eric J.: My name is Eric. I'm the managing director and office manager for Body Basics Wellness Center...

Hey Eric, Thank you for your glowing review on Capterra! We're thrilled that Body Basics Wellness Center chose WellnessLiving. It's great to hear how our user-friendly CRM seamlessly fits into your daily operations, from appointments and transactions to marketing and client communications. Your feedback on our support response times is invaluable. We're working on improving this, and a senior member...

LB

Lucie B.

Owner

So Glad I Made the Switch

Transcript

Lucie: Hi, I'm Lucie. I'm a Pilates instructor and Pilates studio owner, and I give WellnessLiving a...

Chris G.

Migrated from MindBody, not happy with pricing, app, limitations on billing, Ezidebit fees, Support

Streamlined my business and this software are integrated with my website, Facebook, a customised app, just to say the least.

Pros

Graphical interface, simplicity with managing a class, group sessions and appointments. Switching from MindBody was so easy as functionality appears to be similar but in almost every service, much better! They make it simple! Sending SMS or txt messages within Australia is included, well free, as it's bundled in my monthly fee. My team have all picked up how to use the new platform without any formal...

Cons

I thought being in Australia would cause concerns with support queries due to my time zone, however, the online knowledge base has been fantastic with short videos to show how to do things and because the support team have been fast, combined with having an easy transition to this new platform, I cant say this has been a real problem. I didn't realise how much I could learn from short video's, and so quickly. The customisable SMS's and emails required a little work to suit my business. I personalised the new client 'Welcome SMS' to include a direct link to a page on my website as well as include a link to an app for the "Gift Receipt" SMS and email, but I guess this would be more setup / configuration concerns that one would go through initially?

Hey Chris! Thanks for leaving your awesome review. At WellnessLiving, we understand that your success is our success, and that business owners like yourself need your management software to work perfectly for and with your business, no matter where you are in the world. That is why we have put so much energy into creating the right solution with the right features for you, and making sure that everything always works exactly how you need to grow your business in the direction you want. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to helping you streamline your business even more in the coming months!

ST

Syed T.

WellnessLiving Customer

Very supportive. They communicate right away and do their best to meet our needs.

Pros

They listen to our situation as a small business and support our ability to afford their WellnessLiving services.

Cons

The increased merchant processing fees and later the increased subscription fee initially felt like we had no choice but after reaching out to explain our financially burdened situation, WellnessLiving understood our challenging situation and helped to make things fair and continue to maintain open communication to meet our needs on this.

Dear Syed, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with WellnessLiving! We're thrilled to hear that you're finding value in our services and that we've been able to support your small business through these challenging times. We understand the financial pressures that small businesses face, which is why we strive to be as accommodating and supportive as possible....

EM

Erica M.

Stressful and major headache

After several emails back and forth they have agreed to refund the charges that they charged without my approval but this software has been nothing but a pain since we started it. Between features and scheduling not working right and clients not being able to access the schedule we are in the process of switching services to something that will actually help my business not limit it.

Pros

I love that this software allows me to have my clients sign waivers before ever stepping into the studio and that I am able to require new clients to take our intro class before any other class.

Cons

This software is very hard to navigate and does not link well to our website. Most people who try to just see our schedule on our website end up contacting us because the system says there are no classes available which is not the case. My potential clients do not like that they have to create an account before they can see any information and payments are a hassle. We have a square kiosk in studio...

Hey Erica, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're really sorry to hear that you're having issues with the Schedule, we actually designed that feature to be really simple and easy for clients to use! You mentioned that no classes are shown as available even though you have added them, so this sounds like a few settings need to be changed in your account set up. It's great that you...

SJ

Simon J.

Wellness Living Review

Good experience generally. Some problems with processing payments which left me without cash flow for a period of time which was inconvenient.

Pros

Definitely for the management of scheduling. Text reminders and email confirmations are very handy. All employees can access the schedule easily

Cons

Just really getting to know the features of the software so cannot suggest any further features that should be included.

Hey Simon, Thanks for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with WellnessLiving. Nowadays it's just so important that you have all the tools you need to support your studio, easily accessible in one place for your staff. The automations are especially useful because they do things for you without any input required. You just set it up one time, and...

SI

Stella I.

Sports, self-employed

Infinitely Grateful

the ease of use for the clients and myself has been top notch

Pros

I love the ease of use. I love the app. I am not technical at all and I can use the app for the employees and the customers with ease. When I chose Wellness Living I came from another really big software in my business and I am so glad I switched! Wellness Living has given me so much support, I am infinitely grateful !

Cons

I cant delete my old payment options for my old credit cards

Hi Stella, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We are immensely grateful for being the software you've chosen to run your business, and we know that we succeed only so long as we continue to offer you the best value out there. At WellnessLiving we support businesses of all sizes, ranging from small one-person studios to multi-location franchises which is why it's so important for us...

SC

Sheila C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Don’t know if I will stay

Going live was postponed due to items were not completed on their side and when I did fill out my sms application before we went live their system did not save it so there was a five day delay. Then the merchant rep dropped the ball and never ordered my card scanner. Can’t go live when you can’t take payments. I am very disillusioned with this company and am still contemplating going back to MINDBODY as they at least are consumer friendly as well as business owner friendly.

Pros

Initially the cost was much lower than MINDBODY. They offer the same service but just a few quirks

Cons

I have been with them two weeks and the software is counter intuitive. Too many questions to answer to book or cancel a session. Not easy to read what each item means near the clients name. Difficult to see if they paid. Too many options listed and not easy to use on my iPad. I have to go to my office site to mange checking in my clients. Not very user friendly overall compared to MINDBODY

Hi Sheila, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and we truly appreciate your honesty. We're here to assist and ensure your experience with WellnessLiving is the best it can be. We understand that transitioning to a new software system can come with its challenges, and we're committed to addressing your concerns. It's our goal to make your experience as smooth and user-friendly as possible....

Masha l.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

A good start … not perfect

I’m happy I found WellnessLiving for my client management system for my business. The leadership team is super friendly (Canadians duh!) and helpful. Matt, my sales rep is always willing to help out, reach out to the support team and offer. Hand. I have lots of questions and they are always happy to help. The system itself is not as perfect as I want it to be wfor the type of mobile yoga business...

Pros

I’m happy I found WellnessLiving for my client management system for my business. The leadership team is super friendly (Canadians duh!) and helpful. Matt, my sales rep is always willing to help out, reach out to the support team and offer. Hand. I have lots of questions and they are always happy to help. It’s A good basic software for scheduling and sending auto reminders to client and staff

Cons

The system itself is not as perfect as I want it to be wfor the type of mobile yoga business that I have but there are SOME workarounds that I’m willing to cope with. There is a HUGE learning curve and it’s not as intuitive as I hoped it would be. I had to do a LOT of trial and error and work with support. The emailing system is lacking in options and it’s hard to set up. If you want to add a photo into your email, you need to go to an external site to add that photo. It’s just cumbersome with all these “work-arounds”. The google calendar integration is glitchy and is not a 2-way integration and doesn’t work in the way I want it to.

Hey Masha, Thank you for the review! We love helping Canadian businesses succeed at WellnessLiving with our all-in-one business management solution. We're totally committed to your success and we actually prefer to take the time to get to know your business so that we can provide you with the support and walk-throughs on how to best use our software for your needs. We're passionate about what we...

MB

Maria B.

Easy navigation

Pros

Functional Easy navigation Tutorial is always available

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. All is working okay

Dear Maria, Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with WellnessLiving! We're thrilled to hear that you find our platform easy to navigate and functional. Our team works hard to ensure that our tutorials are always available to assist you along the way. We're delighted that you haven't encountered any issues, and we appreciate your feedback. Should you ever need assistance or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@wellnessliving.com or give us a call. We're here to help make your experience as seamless as possible. Thank you once again for choosing WellnessLiving. Warm Regards, Anthony S (Marketing Specialist)

HW

Holly W.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Fantastic Customer Service

I've been enjoying using it. Especially with the customer service help.

Pros

I am not very good at using programs like this, so I make calls to Wellness Living Customer Support quite often. They are always so helpful! Always fix the problem, and Even email me with what we talked about afterwards just to follow up.

Cons

Some features are hard to find for me sometimes.

Dear Holly, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you've been enjoying using WellnessLiving, and we're especially delighted to know that our customer service team has been able to assist you so effectively. We understand that navigating new software can sometimes be challenging, but we're here to make it as smooth as possible for you! If you ever need...

JS

Jason S.

My Review

Pros

the customer support was great. It was so nice to get on the phone and walk through my problems with everyone in a time of need

Cons

I did not like the fact that they have a annual contract each year. Ensure you know that before signing up. I was unaware of this. I thought it was month to month after the first year!

Hi Jason, Thank you for your review and for choosing WellnessLiving! We’re thrilled to hear that you found our customer support awesome and that we provided you with the necessary information to support your clients. Our 24/7 customer support team is dedicated to ensuring that all our users have a seamless experience, and it’s great to see that reflected in your feedback. We strive to be more affordable, user-friendly, and reliable compared to our competitors, as we know how hard our customers work every day! We pride ourselves on providing you with the automation tools and support you need to save time, elevate client experiences, and grow your business. Thanks for the feedback! Anthony S (Customer Advocate)

MP

Matt P.

Wellnessliving Review

Overall it has been great. There are little hiccups like with any software, but overall I've been very happy with the product.

Pros

I like the scheduling aspect of the software. It works well both for appointments and class management.

Cons

Some functions take many clicks and steps to complete which take time. It would be nice if they could allow you to submit with default values that are pre-populated which is currently not possible,

Hey Matt, Thank you for your positive feedback! We're delighted that you like our scheduling interface, it's certainly an important feature for most businesses out there and we did our best to make it easy-to-use while also including the different customization options you need. We appreciate your feedback as we are a customer-centered company and we added a Community Forum as a place for businesses...

AH

Anthony H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

I run group meditation sessions online. I've spent years searching for a software platform that can meet all my needs. I have finally found it! Wellness living have been great to deal with. The onboarding process was simple and the on-going support has been amazing. They are continually bringing out more features and I'm excited for what is to come!

Pros

Wellness Living allows me to manage my clients easily, nurture them with automated emailing, integrate with my website, manage payments. For my clients it is even better. I have also got the white label app, this means I have my own app. I never thought I'd get an app so quickly and so easily. Clients love it! They can watch meditations on demand, book classes, and manage their account.

Cons

FitVID video features and metrics could be improved. I.e. add to favourites, create playlists, improve the view Custom emails are great but missing some fields

Hey Anthony, Thanks for the amazing review! Your kind words really mean a lot to us. There are a lot of software companies out there, but there aren't many that can provide the full all-in-one platform you need to run just about every part of your business. We've got you covered at every step of your client journey from lead/prospect management to online store, recurring payments and the mobile...

MA

Mohammad A.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

WellnessLiving is the product you need to run your physical life.

A great application to use. It has all the requirement. The cost is a bit higher but overall it is good.

Pros

The staff is their asset. The support is really great and you feel they are very comfortable when they talk to you and support you.

Cons

They do not consider complains from the first time unless few people/users raise the flag with the same issue then they would consider that complain and start working on it.

Hey Mohammad, Thanks for the great review, it's awesome to hear that you like working with our support team. We offer substantial Help Center resources for our customers like the Knowledge Base (1000+ articles) and the Community Forum, but sometimes you'll have a question where you want to get an answer right away and there's no substitute for having a knowledge and savvy agent at the ready when...

AC

Anna C.

Great Software, Excellent customer service

Customer service is amazing, they truly care about their clients

Pros

Great software, regularly updated with new and helpful functions to grow business

Cons

As with all software, sometimes there are glitches, particularly with the apps.

Hi Anna, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with our software and customer service! We take pride in providing software that helps businesses thrive, and it's fantastic to know that you appreciate our regular updates and new functions designed to support your business's growth. Remember, we encourage users to share their...

RC

Renee C.

Good Ideas - TERRIBLE Execution

From the start I had red flags that I ignored. For example, I went to someone else's website to check out how they used WL. Then I "tried" to go to WL's main website and I kept getting redirected back to the website I had visited. This software did NOT make running my biz easier, I had so many procedures on how to do simple things like matching our daily deposits to the reports from WL b/c nothing...

Pros

Pretty colors and design, good concepts/ideas. There are a lot of things to like about WL conceptually. You can book clients into classes ongoing, you can link family members and have a single payment method. They offer events, discounts, gift cards, SMS communication (new) and so much more. But - read the rest of my review please

Cons

I was with WL for 5 yrs - multiple times a year, I'd even argue every single update, they would break the software. Sometimes it was minor, lots of times it was MAJOR! Every 6 weeks we'd have to brace for an update and figure out what got broken. Sometimes it wasn't even related to the update that was rolled out, their programmers just mucked stuff up. End users were beta testers. God forbid you have an issue, you'll be required to screen shot, video whatever was happening. Oh and don't forget to clear your cache...

Dear Renee, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We genuinely appreciate your insights into your experience with WellnessLiving. We're truly sorry to hear about the challenges you faced during your time with us. Your feedback regarding software updates and usability concerns is invaluable to us as we continuously strive to improve our platform and services. We understand the frustration...

AY

Amie Y.

Glad we made the switch

Moving from Mindbody to WellnessLiving saved us time, money and most importantly frustration. We have been using the system and watching it continue to evolve for over two years now and I recommend it to anyone who asks.

Pros

customization is a great perk. user friendly comprehensive help offering easy to connect with clients from one platform

Cons

Can be convoluted at the back end which can be confusing...

Hey Amie, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are grateful for such kind words, and we're so excited that your software migration to WellnessLiving from Mindbody has been a success! It's crucial that software migration is a smooth process since it requires customers to trust us with their business to make sure the switch is as seamless as possible. We take pride in being an all-in-one platform that is easy for you and your clients to navigate, while helping you build long-lasting relationships with your customers. Again, we are so happy you've found success using the software and are excited you would recommend WellnessLiving to others. Thank you for choosing WellnessLiving! Natasha B. (Customer Advocate)

RS

Rui S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Best bang for your buck by far.

Very positive. Fantastic communication and support throughout the journey.

Pros

Fantastic tech support, and constantly updating new features with community forum.

Cons

Can get expensive with multiple locations and sending out lots of SMS

Hey Rui, Thanks for the terrific review! We're all about our customers because we recognize that your success, is our success - plain and simple. If we just focus on making your life easier and saving you time through WellnessLiving, you're able to focus more on growing your business and we all win. It's why we have the top notch customer care. We've seen businesses obtain so much leverage out of...

MG

Marybeth G.

Wellness Living Studio Review

We have been using WellnessLiving for over 3 years to run every aspect of our business. Our clients love using the app to keep track of their schedules and to learn about events.

Pros

Wellness Living is integral to our business. The layout of the class schedule is intuitive to use and our staff can use their mobile devices and the studio computers. Any time we have question or trouble, the Wellness Living technical staff are patient and responsive to our concerns.

Cons

I'd love to see a report with the revenue of each individual class.

Hey Marybeth, We appreciate the great review! When software plays such a critical role in your day-to-day operations, it's important that you have a robust platform you can count on to effectively handle important tasks and consistently enhance the client experience. Our all-in-one solution has the tools you need to handle just about any part of your business, from scheduling to client management,...

KF

Katya F.

Unacceptable

inexcusably poor customer service and their business practices are shady at best making me feel like Im getting scammed by the company.

Pros

The start-up was fine.. after that it was all down hill

Cons

the customer service is TERRIBLE. all they do is lie to you and say that they will call you back and never do.it is impossible to cancel the subscription because you, the owner, have no say in the matter. you have to call up tech support where they will "get back to you" and then never do. I have been trying to cancel for 3 weeks now and have resorted to putting a stop order on my credit card because...

Hi Katya, I am sorry to hear about your experience. As with many software companies, you have signed up on service agreement for a fixed period of time, and we'll need to get in touch with you directly in order to process any requests for early closure prior to that date. Several members of our team attempted to contact you last week by phone and by email when you submitted your request but unfortunately it seems they weren't able to reach you. Please know that I'd really like to help you with your account and make this right. I've sent you an email, if you can please respond or alternatively email me back at support@wellnessliving.com and I will see to it that we help you with your account right away. Naz H. (Customer Advocate)

MC

Michael C.

Yoga Sol Review of Wellness Living

Great solution for our membership, ecommerce, class bookings and more. We are very happy with this software and the availability of support.

Pros

Very intuitive software with functionality for all of our business needs. We love having our own dedicated app and the back office app (Elevate) is a great tool for our staff. Very simple deployment.

Cons

At this point we don't have any serious concerns.

Hey Michael, Many thanks for the great review. We are really happy to hear that you've found WellnessLiving easy to use for you and your staff. Less time learning the software means more time available for helping clients and growing your business. Fortunately the dedicated client app makes it easy for clients to use as well, whenever they're booking services or checking their schedule on the Yoga...

ND

Nathan D.

Takes Time & Effort But The Results Are Awesome

Pros

I love the depth of functionality especially around marketing automation. These features ensure all my clients receive the same level of attention. The support team is another great benefit. They are very quick to respond to questions.

Cons

At times, the interface is confusing. This is largely due to the array of customizations.

Hey Nathan, Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We truly appreciate it and we're so glad you made the switch to our platform. Whether it's Mindbody, ABC Glofox, or Mariana Tek, many of our competitors cannot compete with the all-in-one solutions that we offer. For instance, our automated marketing tools are indeed designed to help you save time while ensuring your clients...

AZ

Anna Z.

Music, 1-10 employees

I couldn't imagine going with another company

WellnessLiving has made owning a company a breeze. Everything we do is through WellnessLiving and if we ever have any problems or questions, they're always there to give you a solution.

Pros

Our studio loves how easy it is to schedule students, add clients, take payment, advertise, and keep track of payroll/hours.

Cons

I think my only complaint would be the expense of having WellnessLiving. 4 years ago we were a very small company and I was scared to make the jump of getting WellnessLiving for the studio due to the expenses. The expenses are worth it... Looking back now, it was the right move and I can't imagine if I went with another company, honestly.

Hi Anna, We appreciate you! Thank you for being part of the WellnessLiving family and for your wonderful review! We're thrilled to hear that you couldn't imagine going with another company, and we're honored to have been a part of your music studio's journey for the past four years. It's fantastic to know that our software has made scheduling students, managing clients, handling payments, advertising,...

JH

Joyce H.

Performing Arts, self-employed

Executive Director

Wellness Living is a good product for calendar scheduling. It's user friendly for client's and they are flexible when considering cost for small businesses.

Pros

Online registration for clients works well. Customer Service especially when considering vendor change was first rate in helping midigate administrative costs. [sensitive content hidden] in particular was very proactive.

Cons

Be aware of annual merchant fees. They are realatively heavy in comparison to other vendors. It would great if the software could give staff and customers a understanding (or cutoff) when clients have used their alloted classes or sessions. This information has to be manually tracked.

Hi Joyce, Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feedback about WellnessLiving. We greatly appreciate your input and are thrilled to hear about your positive experiences with our platform. It's fantastic to know that online registration for your clients is working seamlessly. We understand how crucial this feature is, especially in today's digital age, and we're committed to providing...

MF

Mario Fernando L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Wonderful, stress-free and empowering! Wellness Living made growing our new business achievable!

It was a great way to keep our clients, classes and products organized. We were able to group and analyze our clients, and their needs in order to improve our marketing and help grow our business. It was easy to use, intuitive and straightforward. It did not require a great deal of training time, allowing us to focus on our clients and creating lasting relationships with them, instead of doing administrative...

Pros

The ease of use and customizable options make it personal and accessible for a variety of users, regardless of technical knowledge. It is a great resource for small or large businesses. Very intuitive and straightforward. We enjoyed how quick it was to set-up new clients, products and create a welcoming online experience and presence for our business. Online tech support was extremely helpful and there...

Cons

As a small business, it would have been much easier to be able to link the payment processing mechanism to Square or Dream payments. We were looking forward to the reporting capabilities of Wellness Living to help us track our revenue and without having the ability to sync with these, it created a lot of manual data-entry work. This flexibility is very important for businesses that are just beginning and not in a position to pay costly monthly fees for moneris, interac or bank machines. We felt that though it was a competitive rate for this type of software, it was a large investment for us and we wished that we could have taken full advantage of all of these functions.

Hey Mario Fernando! Thank you so much for leaving such an awesome review. We have worked to make WellnessLiving the most intuitive and easy-to-use software solution available to businesses like yours, so we are glad to hear that you and your staff are so satisfied with our interface, support, and reliability. We also know that some integrations are very important to you, so we are always working to add more. Be sure to let our team know about the specific programs that you would like to see integrated and we will start looking at them right away. WellnessLiving has been built on these types of suggestions from customers like you, so we love hearing them! Thanks again for taking the time to leave your review!

CE

CLARA E M.

Highly Recommend this Software

Everything I need to run my business is provided in WellnessLiving. I can customize Reports, do internal Marketing, provide a Rewards Program, track Attendance, easily create Purchase Options and change them easily, when I need to, add Classes/Workshops/Events, and several Payment Options. Widgets allow me link to pages on my website, especially my Schedule, which members use extensively. Members can add/change their personal info, including cc/dc's. I can also create daily/weekly/monthly Tasks, and there is a running Contact link on each member's profile. I can also see their Activity, based on how they use the software. It really is great software to use.

Pros

Ease of use (setting up what you want), and user-friendly interface. The colors make it easy to see where you are and where you want to go. The customization is wonderful! And the apps helps members, and staff to easily access the software. And Support gets back to me right away. Phone calls are answered by a person ready to help me.

Cons

Nothing really. I guess if anything, it would be requested changes or features taking longer to get up and running, and having to check into the community forum and help menu to find out what is going on with a request. Would be nice to get a notice when my request has been implemented. (And WL is great about asking us for what we want/need!)

Hi Clara, Thank you so much for your amazing review! We have tailored our software to meet the needs of business owners and entrepreneurs, such as yourself, so we are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the many features we offer such as our robust rewards program, scheduling tools, multiple payment options, and advanced reporting features. Our staff and client apps make it simple for you to...