Mindbody Reviews

4.0

2.2K

1,057

How would you rate Mindbody?

Pros

Excellent support at deployment stage; good customer service response times; very friendly staff; used to be market leaders; possibly good functionality but only available at premiums packages.

ES

Edward S.

I liked the brand recognition and all the features available for business intelligence. We were glad to have the Livestream option available for classes.

TE

Tali E.

I recommend Mindbody for most of my beauty & wellness clients -- it offers an all-in-one platform that is tailored to their needs, and is extremely user friendly.

MS

Megan S.

Cons

The customer service is TERRIBLE, the subscription is VERY expensive (not to mention it changes almost every year), and it is the WORST to set up correctly.

Awful company and system. I have been a customer of mindbody for 4 years now and their level of customer service has got worse and worse and their prices have only increased.

rp

rachel p.

I have contacted them when I was charged more than once and it took forever to talk to someone. After speaking with a representative the problem was not fixed.

Liz E.

2,261 reviews

JV

Jeannie V.

Sales Operations Specialist

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

Has been great for our business

Transcript

Jeannie L.: Hi, my name is Jeannie and I'm a manager and I'm rating Mindbody of five out of five and...

Hands up the best

Transcript

Jessica S.: Hi, I'm Jessica. I work as a studio manager in the fitness industry, and I give Mindbody...

Learn It and Use It

Pros

I can not state more clearly that Mindbody is the leader in what they do. They have their faults because of the way it was designed originally but they are working on those every day but no system on the market is better. I have a feeling that a couple years from now, they be much larger than what they even are now.

Cons

the old design structure of the base platform could use some updates, which they are aware of

Peace of Mind

Very comprehensive. There are different tier levels that offer more features as your business grows.

Pros

More than just scheduling software. It's end-to-end with marketing tools, a CRM and POS capabilities.

Cons

Would prefer to be able to create a branded app in-house rather than outsource through Mindbody.

Mindbody

Overall it was ok. It was ultimately too expensive compared to similar products. No encouraged or available way to give feedback and if you did most likely you would have no idea if anyone looked at it.

Pros

I think it had great reporting features.

Cons

Customer services - had long wait times. Also there were glitches in the schedule sometimes where classes would disappear. It was also pricey.

MindBody for Managing Personal Training and Massage Appointments

Pros

Mindbody is an easy-to-use application with many helpful features. The clinic I worked in used the application for scheduling/managing personal training and massage therapy appointments, as well as ringing up merchandise and beverages that we sold. Learning to use Mindbody is very self-explanatory, in my opinion. The layout of both the web application and mobile application just makes sense. It was clearly designed to help users navigate between the things they need quickly.

Cons

Overall, I do not have any complaints about this software. One thing that could be helpful when managing large schedules/multiple service lines would be finding a way to integrate some kind of instant-messaging right into Mindbody, so that customers could message with any questions or schedule change requests and it would come right to the Mindbody application. (Maybe this is possible, and it just wasn't something our clinic utilized!)

Great tool for scheduling and showing what services or classes are offered

I love being able to go online to see what classes and services a business has to offer and sign up for the day and time that work best for me. It also is a safe way to keep my payment on file and also to keep track of the classes or credits I have with a business.

Pros

I love the ability for Mindbody to show multiple businesses. I am able to review classes or services from a business on a daily basis or weekly basis. It makes looking up the times and services super easy along with an easy way to sign up for the classes or services I would like. I am also able to see any credits or classes that I have taken in the past to track things if necessary. I great tool as a user and helps to have an organized view of what a business can offer to their customers.

Cons

I wouldn't say there are any flaws with this software, it has been great to use!

Minbody is simple to use and very effective

Pretty good. The app and online version worked very well and for the most part had no issues.

Pros

I love that it is part of a large program so you can find similar businesses to book through, simple and easy.

Cons

Sometimes it would doubled booked appointments.

Mindbody is fine BUT it feels outdated

It was fine but expensive. It seemed a little outdated. For the price , I wish there were more features.

Pros

I like the processing of payments, easy to enroll clients and schedule classes.

Cons

I didn’t like that people had to log in to book a class. When I offered workshops, people often had a hard time finding it on the schedule. The main link kept showing classes from 2019. I had a hard time getting someone to resolve that issue.

Hard to use, deploy, customer service (even their premier service) doesn't know as much as you

Just don't, Find something better if you need more than "maybe it'll work"

Pros

I like that it's a service that implements payroll, scheduling and point of sale. They have some feature that would be great to use if we even had the ability or assistance to actually deploy it.

Cons

At this very moment I've been on hold for 2 hours after a two minutes wait time. I'm unable to even use the software, we can't even enter in new clients because of how slow the site loads. If you try to call customer service to get some solutions to a Frankenstein product be ready to hold for them actually ask someone who may know. Even then the solutions are sometimes less than what you could come up with on your own.

Good features, could use improving.

Pros

It's nice that it shows many details from the patient's chart. You can choose the duration of each visit and it's pretty easy to enter patient demographics on the corresponding tab. It has many features, including scheduling, saving a before/after photo of patients, using point of sales, entering products/services and run reports.

Cons

Everytime you click on a tab under the patient's chart it defaults to settings that cannot be changed by the user/admin. I wish all the features would be more customizable. Also, when on the Point of Sales, once you're done with the transaction it takes you back to the Schedule of the day instead of giving the option to print out the receipt. Which, makes you waste your time since you need to select the patient again, go to their purchases and print from there. One more improvement suggestion: I would add the patient's Date of birth to be shown on patient's details on the Scheduler page instead of having to go to the patient's details tab.

User-Friendly Fitness Software

Overally not the worst, but not the smoothest software I've used for booking and payment for fitness services.

Pros

It's a functional client management and payment software for fitness. It's fairly easy to find all businesses using Mindbody and schedule through the central app. I like that it has a separate tab for deals happening near you.

Cons

It's fairly confusing when companies use mindbody but encourage you to log in via a desktop app. Mindbody is NOT optimized for desktop and the UX/UI is incredibly confusing. Their customer service is also not the best. I've heard it's not the best from the admin side, and I can say from the customer side as well- when it's an issue truly on the app's side no the business's- I've had better experiences.

No Longer Suitable for Music Teacher; Expensive for Small Businesses

I have used MindBody for nearly 15 years, both as an administrator and staff/user, and I used to work in software. I used to love them and, early on, I would frequently recommend them to colleagues - the deployment phase was exceptional. However, they are not the company them once were - nor is their software as attractive, simple to use, or innovative as it used to be. The user-interface is very...

Pros

Cons

Old-fashioned user-interface (very web v.1); very expensive; limited functionality compared to competition (good functionality only available at premiums packages); current business model seems to be selling 'tailored' mobile apps at £199 pcm, which we all know is off-the-shelf code painted a different colour and without enough modifiable options to justify the expense). No longer market leaders; unaware of competition; mixed staff knowledge (their recent expansion means too many employees have severely limited knowledge, and I frequently get passed around 'experts' or stuck re-explaining my issues).

I like it but..

Mindbody sets a high bar for business software. But unfortunately their quality of customer services does not match the high premium you pay. There are definitely softwares out there that will suit exactly what you are looking for with a support team that is willing to help you in every way at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Mindbody is like driving a fully loaded Mercedes Benz. Looks pretty. Has all the features. Very custom and detailed.

Cons

Con: way too expensive. customer service plummeted. Not accommodating. Does not matter if you are a long term customer I feel like I am just a number and they could care less if they lose you as a customer or not.

So bad it's almost a scam.

I signed up with Mindbody in August of Covid 19 and the salesman told me that if I needed to cancel early then I just needed to talk to them. So I talked to them in January, now that my business is in dire straights and I was told that my cancellation would be processed the following day. A week later, I was charged the $270 fee so I called and was informed that because my contract was not over, I...

Pros

Nothing. I know that a lot of other businesses use Mindbody and from the perspective of using it to book classes at other studios, I thought Mindbody was quite good. However, using it as a business owner, I found it very non intuitive and clunky.

Cons

It didn't help me run my business. You've probably tried other apps that seem like they will be great, and then they fall short. Mindbody is one of those apps.

Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work

Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit...

Pros

It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

Cons

First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was...

Mindbody post virus apocalypse

In normal times, mb while not perfect is worth the expense. There are a lot of features and you used to be able to call them 24/7. But in the world of covid, it's too expensive and it's even harder to access customer service, the hours are limited and the wait times very long. We put our mb account on hold- which costs $50 a month- you can actually get software for that amount. Pre-covid rating is 4 and now it's a 3

Pros

Before the virus hit, I loved Mindbody. The high monthly fee was worth the expense because the software automatically links up with 3rd party vendors like Class Pass and gym pass. Plus nearly every studio is using this software so it's easy to pick up traveling clients or sales via their dynamic pricing option. In short, the subscription is super high but in normal times you get a lot of it in return. This is not the case at the moment. They did offer 1 month subscription relief and 2 if you commit to 2 years but I don't know if we will make it? Most of the support staff is super friendly and helpful.

Cons

Given it's many features, the software is sophisticated and not easy to use. Could never figure out the private yoga feature or how to show the studio was being rented so for us not to be able to do this - it was very expensive. Also we were one of the first studios to live stream so we got set up prior =however not all mb reps could accurately advise how to set up. We paid for adverting on fb and...

MindBody for Music Schools

Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

Pros

Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

Cons

We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not...

It is OKAY

I think until recently we were thinking of switching to something else that is more reasonably priced. I stayed on and am now using the new marketing software. We will see if it helps automate our business more.

Pros

I like that it has an app and that our clients can easily sign up. Also, the billing makes it easy for a small business like ours.

Cons

We have been using MINDBODY for the last 3 years. I just think it is okay and think there are so many other products out there that have come out that might be better. My biggest gripe is the cost. I wish it scaled more with how big our fitness business is. We have a small business and don't do a lot of volume but in order to get the marketing features we have to pay a huge premium. I also was bothered that that they just increase costs by a lot after we used it for a year and never gave any training about the new features that we HAD to pay for. I don't like that their actual internal network and app don't help get new clients. DON'T ever pay for that feature as it takes a percentage from the sale. You are much better off doing your own sales and marketing.

MindBody Software Suite with Branded App

Overall experience was grueling and constantly defeating to my business operations. Joining Mindbody was a poor decision in many facets. The software suite works directly against your business by directing (through email marketing etc.) new members to use the "Non-Branded" app when you already have the Branded App. The Mindbody App sends deals from other fitness studios to your customers via the...

Pros

The best pert of MindBody was the Branded App. One touch at the fingertips for purchases by the customer.

Cons

Constant updates that caused issues for booking, purchasing and retaining customers. My email box was virtually packed with issues that MindBody caused from an update to the app. "A fix to fix the problem caused by the fix for a problem we fixed" could be the Moto!

MindBody for Small Gym

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless! MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all. MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory. The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed. The software will also take into account independent contractors. Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

Cons

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds. It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related. All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

MindBody Software is Mostly Great

Honestly, software is software these days. But my experience with MindBody is that the team of people they have behind the scenes is absolutely phenomenal. They just put on the most amazing in person event called Bold, and I was so impressed I already bought my ticket for next year. They also do a yearly training on their software called MindBody University, and I have heard great things. I'm hoping that once I attend, I will fall in love with the software as much as I have with the people.

Pros

It has a lot of features that I need to run my business, like reports, memberships, and online booking for clients.

Cons

I do not find it intuitive, and sometimes it's glitchy and inconsistent.

Mindbody Online transformed my business

I tried to leave Mindbody once to go to Booker (now a MBO owned company) and that was a huge fail. They didn't offer the preferences that worked for my boutique, small studio. MBO has stellar customer service. Also, BOLD is beyond a doubt, the most exciting part of MBO and helping owners stay motivated, inspired and educated.

Pros

Mindbody offers exemplary customer service. I have been with them for more than 10 years of the 15 years that I have been in business. It's user friendly, innovative and helps business owners to automate their work.

Cons

The price for MBO keeps getting more expensive. Also, the partner companies can add up too.

It's Helpful!

MB has been great within the yoga studio / fitness studio / wellness studio industry. I've been using it for years now, within different states / facilities, as well as using it myself as a client. Easy to use, but have a feeling there is so much my company is unaware of / not taking advantage of [some tools that could really benefit the company that we don't know exist]. I'm also not a fan of MB working...

Pros

The software is easy to use [once you practice]. It allows us to do everything we need, to an extent, with scheduling private sessions, massage, requesting appointments, as well as checking students in to classes, allowing them to purchase retail. It seems to have everything we need rolled into one package, at least for us with the Ultimate package.

Cons

I think there should be more webinars on how to use the software. Yes, there are videos to watch and the certification process, but this does not allow for open dialogue, questions to be asked, etc. Webinars w/ a MB customer support team available to discuss would be ideal and allow us all to know more of what our system has available for us to use / take advantage of.

MINDBODY Review

Currently using mindbody to manage: our clients and collect payments. KPI reporting Would like more upgrades to better manage inventory reports.

Pros

It is very user friendly and can get to the detail needed to successfully manage clients.

Cons

When you ask for software upgrades or make suggestions you never know if you are heard and if something will be done. There really is no voice to say we hear you. I would also suggest MB periodically reach out to different levels of users and ask for specific software feedback. Also do not like that you are only allowed to update branded app photos once a year and you cannot send out push notifications that are not active purchasing links.

Excellent at providing options, but slightly over-complicated

Overall, this product is a good solution for any gym or membership based company. I have not been able to find an option out there that has as many capabilities as Mindbody does, so I've chosen to stick with it. While it does have some inconveniences, it is a very reliable flexible software, which at the end of the day is the most important thing anyway.

Pros

The sheer range of things this program can do is extremely impressive. Having just one program that can do so much is a huge plus in terms of simplicity and frugality. Specifically, it is very nice to have a POS, scheduling software, and online booking all in one. You can have two computers set up at your gym that can handle everything. Extremely convenient. Customer service is pretty good. I never had to wait on hold for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes the help takes longer than seems necessary and is difficult to follow, but I think that is more than fault of this somewhat convoluted software than the actual customer service itself. The software is easily accessible from anywhere. Surprisingly, their mobile platform is actually pretty good!

Cons

The main Con in a word is Convoluted. Everything is multiple steps, navigating the software can be difficult, and the layout is not intuitive in the slightest. I strongly dread training new employees on this software. It usually takes me about two hours just to go through everything with them...It's a headache. Like anything else, it's not too bad once you learn it, but learning it is not fun. The...

Leading and inspiring the health and fitness industry

I've truly found Mindbody as an ally to help run my business. The company and community around it is why I'm in the health and fitness industry. It is inspiring to see a company trailblaze positive change in the public's heath and look forward to be associated with Mindbody for years to come.

Pros

Mindbody is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. What a lot of people may not know is that this company is leading the charge to improve health and fitness in this country and throughout the world where Mindbody is found. Having spent time at their campus in San Luis Obispo, I've seen it first hand. I go to the Mindbody University...

Cons

I believe if anyone considers using other software, it is because you are forced to use a specific credit card company with Mindbody. The sophistication to take different types of payment is lacking in such a monumentally successful software program. They tried to roll out a mobile dedicated payment device called POYNT which has been disappointing. It is clunky and unreliable, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to return for a credit on my account. There are reports that the payment system is being revamped and it would be a revelation and would make the system truly complete.