Mindbody Logo

Suggested alternatives

wellnessliving
vagaro
acuity-scheduling

Excellent support at deployment stage; good customer service response times; very friendly staff; used to be market leaders; possibly good functionality but only available at premiums packages.
I liked the brand recognition and all the features available for business intelligence. We were glad to have the Livestream option available for classes.
I recommend Mindbody for most of my beauty & wellness clients -- it offers an all-in-one platform that is tailored to their needs, and is extremely user friendly.
The customer service is TERRIBLE, the subscription is VERY expensive (not to mention it changes almost every year), and it is the WORST to set up correctly.
Awful company and system. I have been a customer of mindbody for 4 years now and their level of customer service has got worse and worse and their prices have only increased.
I have contacted them when I was charged more than once and it took forever to talk to someone. After speaking with a representative the problem was not fixed.

2,834 reviews

JV

Jeannie V.

Operations Manager

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Has been great for our business

Transcript

Jeannie L.: Hi, my name is Jeannie and I'm a manager and I'm rating Mindbody of five out of five and...

JS

Jessica S.

Creator

Hands up the best

Transcript

Jessica S.: Hi, I'm Jessica. I work as a studio manager in the fitness industry, and I give Mindbody...

Sherree H.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Time Saving

Very happy and less stressed with Mindbody.

Pros

I can have all the different kinds of appointments for my Mary Kay on here easily. Easy to load and navigate through it. Helps keep personal appointments seperate from my businesse.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that I don't like or that would be a Con for users.

NM

Nancy M.

Mindbody Review

Pros

It is an easy system to use. Very user friendly, especially for onboarding new employees to use.

Cons

It can get a little glitchy. Often times employees are not able to log in.

ES

Edward S.

Music, 1-10 employees

No Longer Suitable for Music Teacher; Expensive for Small Businesses

I have used MindBody for nearly 15 years, both as an administrator and staff/user, and I used to work in software. I used to love them and, early on, I would frequently recommend them to colleagues - the deployment phase was exceptional. However, they are not the company them once were - nor is their software as attractive, simple to use, or innovative as it used to be. The user-interface is very...

Pros

Cons

Old-fashioned user-interface (very web v.1); very expensive; limited functionality compared to competition (good functionality only available at premiums packages); current business model seems to be selling 'tailored' mobile apps at £199 pcm, which we all know is off-the-shelf code painted a different colour and without enough modifiable options to justify the expense). No longer market leaders; unaware of competition; mixed staff knowledge (their recent expansion means too many employees have severely limited knowledge, and I frequently get passed around 'experts' or stuck re-explaining my issues).

DS

Destiny S.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

High learning curve

Pros

I liked the idea of managing members online and having a robust database.

Cons

The learning curve was steep for someone who was computer savvy.

OC

Olivia C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Been around for a while and got much hetter

Overall I trust the mindbody brand and am glad to see a business using it because it’s familiar.

Pros

I remember using Mindbody years ago. It has come a long way since then. They must be taking feedback seriously.

Cons

I find that some businesses have their business on mindbody plus their own app plus a website. Sometimes it get confusing which one to use.

Jennifer A.

Used other for less than 6 months

Not Worth the Expense

Awful. Don't buy this product.

Pros

Being listed among my competitors and found by other users.

Cons

This is the most expensive and clunky application I have ever attempted to use. The back end is just awful. I signed up for three months because Mindbody said it would take that long to see results. At the end I was out $500 and didn't get a single new lead. I am pretty tech savvy when it comes to using online programs and software. This program was such a headache. I didn't need all the bells...

LW

LoriAnn W.

Basic Package Review

Overall, pretty easy to setup and maintain.

Pros

Easy adding and cancelling clients from classes and appointments.

Cons

Reports very limited on basic version. Especially monitoring customer account balances (# classes left).

JA

Ja'Keya A.

THE MOST MOTIVATIONAL

OVERALL AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!! Will continue to use.

Pros

What I love most about this app is the way it keeps me accountable with my fitness. The motivation is outstanding!!!

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about this app.

HS

Heather S.

Great software

Pros

Best support of any software I've ever used, worth it just for that alone

Cons

No major cons come to mind to be honest

JN

Jae N.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Such a good product

Pros

This is great for scheduling appointments - so easy to use

Cons

This is super easy to use, i have no complaints!!

RL

Rosalinda L.

Sports, 11-50 employees

MINDBODY Review

Currently using mindbody to manage: our clients and collect payments. KPI reporting Would like more upgrades to better manage inventory reports.

Pros

It is very user friendly and can get to the detail needed to successfully manage clients.

Cons

When you ask for software upgrades or make suggestions you never know if you are heard and if something will be done. There really is no voice to say we hear you. I would also suggest MB periodically reach out to different levels of users and ask for specific software feedback. Also do not like that you are only allowed to update branded app photos once a year and you cannot send out push notifications that are not active purchasing links.

DK

David K.

Retail, 11-50 employees

LIGHTYEARS BEHIND THE COMPETITION

My experience was $500 per month at two locations of nigthmares, frustration, and apologies for clients. I truly should have left them years ago, but don't like making clients switch POS systems more than once in 5 years, and I should have just done it sooner.

Pros

The only thing good about this software is the App on the customer facing side.

Cons

Customer Service, Pricing, Poor Interface, Difficult to Set Up.

LP

Lina P.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Poor service, overpriced, don’t use them

Poor, very poor. In fact how this company is handling Client cancellation is so bad I question if it is even legal.

Pros

Biggest name. Expensive with huge amount of functions one does not know what to do with.

Cons

Over Pericles, 3-3.5 times the price of competition. Poor admin support, you get everyone answering your questions without reading into any previous email exchange. Extensive function but don’t offer the most basic one like sending an automatic payment receipt (invoice) to clients. “Sorry you need to do this manually” not for $470/month, I won’t be. Impossible to cancel omg, they make you run around like crazy just for a cancellation. If you need to give 30 days notice to cancel, you will need another 30 days on top at least to get through the number of useless emails they keep sending you and the number of security questions they ask is more than a bank would.

Carrie B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Small Business that MBO doesn't really care about and they make you feel that way.

Pros

Familiarity which is also its weakness Considering there are so many new platforms that don't have the tech debt look to newer more innovative companies. MBO will see you on 20 years in the business but in tech that is actually more a liability to them. There platform coding is outdated and they are not flexible. They require third parties (more cost to the user) to patch what they can't create themselves.

Cons

We have been with MBO for almost over 4 years. They have the right to change you billing options at will. So complicated to get anything done. They have a department within a department. You try to get an answer to a question and you are sent to three different people and maybe you will get an answer. Our Account Rep can't even get an answer to our question and refers us to the website or refers us...

EP

Eric P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Leading and inspiring the health and fitness industry

I've truly found Mindbody as an ally to help run my business. The company and community around it is why I'm in the health and fitness industry. It is inspiring to see a company trailblaze positive change in the public's heath and look forward to be associated with Mindbody for years to come.

Pros

Mindbody is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. What a lot of people may not know is that this company is leading the charge to improve health and fitness in this country and throughout the world where Mindbody is found. Having spent time at their campus in San Luis Obispo, I've seen it first hand. I go to the Mindbody University...

Cons

I believe if anyone considers using other software, it is because you are forced to use a specific credit card company with Mindbody. The sophistication to take different types of payment is lacking in such a monumentally successful software program. They tried to roll out a mobile dedicated payment device called POYNT which has been disappointing. It is clunky and unreliable, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to return for a credit on my account. There are reports that the payment system is being revamped and it would be a revelation and would make the system truly complete.

JB

Jeffrey B.

MindBody Software Suite with Branded App

Overall experience was grueling and constantly defeating to my business operations. Joining Mindbody was a poor decision in many facets. The software suite works directly against your business by directing (through email marketing etc.) new members to use the "Non-Branded" app when you already have the Branded App. The Mindbody App sends deals from other fitness studios to your customers via the...

Pros

The best pert of MindBody was the Branded App. One touch at the fingertips for purchases by the customer.

Cons

Constant updates that caused issues for booking, purchasing and retaining customers. My email box was virtually packed with issues that MindBody caused from an update to the app. "A fix to fix the problem caused by the fix for a problem we fixed" could be the Moto!

MS

Molly S.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Miracle Software

MindBody is the admin assistant I've always needed and could never before afford. In the first three months of using it I DOUBLED my income. My clients can schedule, cancel, reschedule, sign up for classes and pay online- that alone saves me at least two hours a day that I no longer have to be on the phone, I can be working! Or playing with my family, or a million other things rather than sitting...

Pros

MindBody customer support is AWESOME! It's the reason I stay with MindBody, though Square offers a lower rate to NCBTMB members such as myself- square's customer support is awful. In contrast stands Max Malle. Remember that name. Best customer service rep I've ever known. He and the others go above and beyond their jobs- you can feel their sincerity. Oh and I've doubled my income and am set to triple it this year because the software does SO MUCH WORK for me. It's my administrative assistant that I only pay $ a month for! It rocks.

Cons

Hm. Well, I have yet to figure out the difference between signing someone up for a yoga class and signing them in to a yoga class, so maybe differentiating that in the program's wording would help. OH and for those of us who use our phones exclusively, not a computer, when using the software, it would be lovely if the phone programming held everything just like the computer programming does. Hmmmmm .... OH and sometimes late at night my schedule disappears completely from my phone. It shows up as blank, which is frightening, but in the morning it's back to normal. Maybe you guys are working on it then?

Thank you for your review, Molly!

CK

Christian K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

seven levels of HELL. Never in my life have I been ASHAMED to use a service or product before.

I know now what to look for with a company. This is totally not a company I would do business with again. EVER.

Pros

It tricks you and makes you think it's a good idea to use. The sales people are super sweet, kind, nice and charming just like a serial killer trying to get you into their white van with promises of candy, puppies and a meal with Jesus himself to answer all your questions in life.

Cons

Where do I even begin??? it SUCKS. Customer service is a joke, that is if you ever get a hold of anyone. Then they flat out lie to you. The only time I could get a call or e mail back was from a sale department trying to sell me a bigger package. One guy David, lied so bad to me it was like he was a used car sales man in training. Their 24/7 support really means YOU have to wait 24/7 to get a hold...

TS

Todd S.

Stay FAR FAR away, Customer Support and Sales is a joke

Pros

The only pro I can think of is the integrated merchant processing. Even then it's not really a pro because if you want to use another processor it's not gonna happen.

Cons

Work Item 506732 - [Public API][Verified][GetClientServices][Business App] Unable to check out appointments with services that are associated with a service category relationship This issue was first reported to Mindbody on July 31st and to-date nothing has been done to resolve it. We continuously call and email the company to only be told the following and I quote "Compensation: We discussed our...

Hi Todd, Thank you for sharing your experience with MINDBODY. Our development team has been making changes to the features that are impacted by the issue that you are experiencing and are working towards a solution to the work item. In the interim, our support team is available to assist you if you want additional updates, or you can reply to the email you received from our Tech Support Team Lead earlier this week.

bussniss health fitness

Mindbody is a cloud-based software that provides management solutions for health and wellness businesses, such as fitness centers, salons, spas, and yoga studios. It offers a range of features, including online scheduling, staff management, payment processing, and marketing tools.Positive points:User-friendly interface: Mindbody is intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing users to quickly access the...

Pros

Comprehensive business management: Mindbody offers a suite of tools for businesses in the wellness industry, including scheduling, booking, payment processing, client management, and marketing. This all-in-one platform can simplify administrative tasks and streamline operations.Customizable options: Mindbody provides a range of customization options for businesses to tailor their services and branding....

Cons

Pricing: Some users have found Mindbody to be expensive, especially for small businesses or independent practitioners who may not have a large budget.Complexity: While Mindbody offers many features and options, some users have found the platform to be complex and difficult to navigate, especially for beginners.Technical issues: Some users have experienced technical issues such as slow loading times,...

AB

Angelica B.

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

Enhance Your Spa's Success with Mindbody's Comprehensive Management Platform

My experience to Mindbody as a pharmaceutical product development and research intern was constrained because it had little to do with my area of study. However, I was able to see how fitness clubs and wellness centers used Mindbody to run their businesses. The software's capabilities, including client administration and online class scheduling, promoted efficient organization and enhanced the general client experience. The marketing strategies used by Mindbody were especially effective at luring in new customers and keeping hold of current ones. Despite the fact that my interaction with Mindbody was purely observational, it shed light on how effective it is as a complete management solution for wellness enterprises.

Pros

For wellness and fitness enterprises, Mindbody provides a wide range of features. Its complete platform makes customer administration, class registration, and appointment scheduling simple. The software's user-friendly interface and adjustable options make it simple to customize to the particular requirements of each organization. Customers are drawn to and kept by Mindbody thanks to its powerful marketing...

Cons

The pricing structure of Mindbody is one of its drawbacks because it can be prohibitively expensive for independent or small wellness businesses. It may take some users some time and effort to completely understand the initial setup and learning process and make use of all the features of the software. Although Mindbody provides a wide range of functionality, some particular needs or specialized wellness enterprises may call for more customization or integration with specialized software. There have been reports of sporadic technical problems or sluggish customer service response times, which could affect user experience and business operations.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

BIG MISTAKE

Pros

None. This thing takes hours to set up - the numbers in the revenue tracker do not match up to the deposits in the bank account. We have to keep track of our own revenue and can't trust any of the numbers that show up in their tracking.

Cons

Horrific customer service - insanely high price increases - unethical business practices - For example - we decide to try out a new retention marketing program that they came up with. Sounds like a great idea, decided to test it out. It sucked, whatever, we tried it and just decided to discontinue it. No-can-do. Apparently, without telling us, trying out the new automated follow up program bumped...

Hello, Over the course of the past year, we have been rolling out new packages to our customers, giving them at least 30 days notice about when their new pricing will take effect, and what their options were. We'd like to look into the feedback you made in your review, but unfortunately, because you provided your feedback anonymously, we are unable to confirm that is what happened. Could you provide your business details to reviews@mindbodyonline.com?

Randall F.

Not as good as they think they are

I have been using Mind Body for 5 yrs. I am a single practitioner Registered massage therapy clinic. I am very computer savvy. I have used several practice management software and have contributed to UI development of two of them. At the time of sign up I had completed an exhaustive search on Clinic management apps. The two that came out on top for me were Mind/Body and another one. I went with MB...

Pros

Great 24hr customer service support. Wide range of features. Conventions, classes, and online training on how to use their product and market your practice better Reasonably easy to run your practice once you are set up. Good consumer awareness of the apps so you can be found through their network of providers. A good set of reports to understand and analyze your business.

Cons

Over priced. If a corporation can have an Igo they are conceited and not fully aware of their competition and how they are being bettered by other companies that didn't have to spend millions of dollars last year to deliver what they are offering. Raised my rates 60% in two price increases over the last 6 month period. The initial salesman made false promises. Overly complicated user interface...

CN

Claudine N.

Sports, self-employed

Extremely disappointed -

I’m am truly disappointed. What a way to treat a customer who has been with them for years! Asking me if I was happy the situation was resolved after years of charging for a service they were not providing? Please! This was the least they could do! It is their responsibility to deliver what they offer. I shouldn’t be happy they solved a problem that has hurt my business fir years! I have over 250 clients who have found me through GOOGLE, Not mindbody and show up in the studio unable to book the class until I seNd them a direct link To their phones through a text message sharing my business in the Mindbody app. I always thought Mindbody was not helping my business and I was right!

Pros

Years ago, They sold me the idea that their software was worth every penny because my classes would be shown on the app. And the visibility would allow clients to see my classes at given times and search radius.

Cons

My most important class has not appeared In the app on the clients end for the past years. I realized this today. On my end and in my app as business owner I could see my class so I never realized the class had never been visible to potencial clients who are searching for a Zumba class in the app. I just trusted Mindbody was doing their job. They solved the problem today when I searched for my...

Hi Claudine- Thank you for sharing your feedback about Mindbody. We can see that our support team provided you an option to get your classes listed on the Mindbody app while you wait for your work item to be resolved. If you have additional questions, please reach out to support or speak to your account executive about how to improve your app listing.

EW

Erica W.

Buyer beware

MindBody pulled a scam with me. I did an add-on service for the branded app and they failed to mention it would extend me into a contract. I was lied to in February about canceling my Video On Demand and that it was a contract and after four months of exhaustion, the truth was that it was month to month. Instead of doing the right thing and refunding the $400 they owed me, they wanted to continue to...

Pros

MindBody Online is expensive and has so many glitches your software will be a science project daily to get to work.

Cons

MindBody caters to large franchises and corporations. If you are a small studio, stay clear as they will treat you like a bottom feeder. The support team will never respond in a timely manner and you will be kicked around like a rag doll to the point of exhaustion. Payment does not apply correctly and membership setups only work until they do an update, which will force you to rewrite your contracts.