All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Mindbody Reviews

Pros

I liked the brand recognition and all the features available for business intelligence. We were glad to have the Livestream option available for classes.

Tali E.

Read the full review
It has been such an asset to growing my business and also allows people to find the best schedule and instructor for their needs.

Read the full review
I love the ease of use of Mindbody - it was the first of its kind for booking workout classes and now I don't know how I could live without it.

Tori S.

Read the full review
My only con is when things from businesses aren’t updated on the app making what is available to the community misleading.

Ashley B.

Read the full review
The business app doesn't update class sizes when people move off the waitlist, which is a minor annoyance, but has been happening for months now with no updates.

Emily D.

1,001

2,145 reviews

Hands up the best

MBO--Yoga Market Dominant, Yet Still Needs Improvement

Learn It and Use It

Pros

I can not state more clearly that Mindbody is the leader in what they do. They have their faults because of the way it was designed originally but they are working on those every day but no system on the market is better. I have a feeling that a couple years from now, they be much larger than what they even are now.

Cons

the old design structure of the base platform could use some updates, which they are aware of

I like it but..

Mindbody sets a high bar for business software. But unfortunately their quality of customer services does not match the high premium you pay. There are definitely softwares out there that will suit exactly what you are looking for with a support team that is willing to help you in every way at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Mindbody is like driving a fully loaded Mercedes Benz. Looks pretty. Has all the features. Very custom and detailed.

Cons

Con: way too expensive. customer service plummeted. Not accommodating. Does not matter if you are a long term customer I feel like I am just a number and they could care less if they lose you as a customer or not.

Not as good as they think they are

I have been using Mind Body for 5 yrs. I am a single practitioner Registered massage therapy clinic. I am very computer savvy. I have used several practice management software and have contributed to UI development of two of them. At the time of sign up I had completed an exhaustive search on Clinic management apps. The two that came out on top for me were Mind/Body and another one. I went with MB...

Pros

Great 24hr customer service support. Wide range of features. Conventions, classes, and online training on how to use their product and market your practice better Reasonably easy to run your practice once you are set up. Good consumer awareness of the apps so you can be found through their network of providers. A good set of reports to understand and analyze your business.

Cons

Over priced. If a corporation can have an Igo they are conceited and not fully aware of their competition and how they are being bettered by other companies that didn't have to spend millions of dollars last year to deliver what they are offering. Raised my rates 60% in two price increases over the last 6 month period. The initial salesman made false promises. Overly complicated user interface...

Great for automation for business, also a good tool for user

With a few hiccups from the user side (booking classes) and the up-sells I wouldn't jump to use this again in the future. Of course, with Covid we have no classes any longer but should we begin holding I may stick to the simpler Eventbrite booking platform. Mindbody just dominated the industry here in Los Angeles and although they have a good system, I don't think it's worth the costs unless you are a very large studio that sells out every class.

Pros

I have used Mindbody from both sides of the fence, one as a user as well as a business owner. What I liked most as a user is that it's simple to use and allows the user to get a gambit of various class offerings without having to go to various different websites or apps. If you're looking for a yoga class at a certain time, a certain location- it gets you there and lets you book it right from the app.

Cons

This is strictly from the business side, it's a little clunky to use and again this is from the business side- the costs did increase over time with the add-ons. This can be very problematic because the up-sells didn't necessary equate to more guests to the mediation studio we were working through.

MindBody for Small Gym

Scheduling calendar is simple, intuitive and the drag & drop feature is priceless! MindBody is a One Stop Shop for a small, service oriented business and it can easily be expanded as the company grows.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive. Set up took almost no time at all. MindBody allows me to schedule Personal Training Sessions and Group Training Sessions, deal with Point of Sale transactions and even track inventory. The software is flexible enough to handle multiple users and expand when needed. The software will also take into account independent contractors. Most functions are very user friendly and mistakes are easy to correct.

Cons

I use MindBody to process my merchant services and processing transactions over a weekend, especially a holiday weekend, can result in a longer than expected delay before the bank receives the funds. It can take time to put together information for sales tax, most of my business, 95%, is service related. All transactions are recorded, it's just a matter of remembering which questions to ask to get the correct answer.

No Longer Suitable for Music Teacher; Expensive for Small Businesses

I have used MindBody for nearly 15 years, both as an administrator and staff/user, and I used to work in software. I used to love them and, early on, I would frequently recommend them to colleagues - the deployment phase was exceptional. However, they are not the company them once were - nor is their software as attractive, simple to use, or innovative as it used to be. The user-interface is very...

Pros

Excellent support at deployment stage; good customer service response times; very friendly staff; used to be market leaders; possibly good functionality but only available at premiums packages

Cons

Old-fashioned user-interface (very web v.1); very expensive; limited functionality compared to competition (good functionality only available at premiums packages); current business model seems to be selling 'tailored' mobile apps at £199 pcm, which we all know is off-the-shelf code painted a different colour and without enough modifiable options to justify the expense). No longer market leaders; unaware of competition; mixed staff knowledge (their recent expansion means too many employees have severely limited knowledge, and I frequently get passed around 'experts' or stuck re-explaining my issues).

Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work

Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit...

Pros

It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

Cons

First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was...

MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio

Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

Pros

There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

Cons

Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

Great Interface, Difficult to Navigate, Addt'l Charges, Not Customizable

MBO functions like you'd expect a very large, very vast business to function - tons of features that you pay for but only a portion of which are usable or easy to access/understand. Super inflexible for making changes or to accommodate any customization. Customer service is nice and easy to access, a recent change to their credit. They also have their app dialed in, which was a huge win for us.

Pros

Super streamlined UX for the branded app Easy to reach customer service Great analytics dashboard for quick status updates

Cons

Charges kept going up for no apparent additional value All add-on functions come at additional cost Website integration very poor; no store option Functions/features buried in an oversaturated back-end; back-end not very intuitive Lack of customization on basic features, like booking window hour opening

Too expensive for what it does

I was using mindbody to replace acuity for scheduling my yoga/fitness classes and coaching client. It turns out that it has a lot of glitches for the users and on the administrator side it's overly complicated. It also doesn't have some of the features that I was used to (or perhaps I couldn't find them). For the cost of using this software I expected lots of bells and whistles, but they all cost more. I am a very small business trying to grow and have gone back to my previous software, Acuity.

Pros

The app is the one thing that is great about this product. I think it's why there are so many users.

Cons

The cost is far too high for a small business such as mine. When you factor in the exchange rate as well, almost my whole profit was going to rent and scheduling software.

So bad it's almost a scam.

I signed up with Mindbody in August of Covid 19 and the salesman told me that if I needed to cancel early then I just needed to talk to them. So I talked to them in January, now that my business is in dire straights and I was told that my cancellation would be processed the following day. A week later, I was charged the $270 fee so I called and was informed that because my contract was not over, I...

Pros

Nothing. I know that a lot of other businesses use Mindbody and from the perspective of using it to book classes at other studios, I thought Mindbody was quite good. However, using it as a business owner, I found it very non intuitive and clunky.

Cons

It didn't help me run my business. You've probably tried other apps that seem like they will be great, and then they fall short. Mindbody is one of those apps.

Mindbody post virus apocalypse

In normal times, mb while not perfect is worth the expense. There are a lot of features and you used to be able to call them 24/7. But in the world of covid, it's too expensive and it's even harder to access customer service, the hours are limited and the wait times very long. We put our mb account on hold- which costs $50 a month- you can actually get software for that amount. Pre-covid rating is 4 and now it's a 3

Pros

Before the virus hit, I loved Mindbody. The high monthly fee was worth the expense because the software automatically links up with 3rd party vendors like Class Pass and gym pass. Plus nearly every studio is using this software so it's easy to pick up traveling clients or sales via their dynamic pricing option. In short, the subscription is super high but in normal times you get a lot of it in return. This is not the case at the moment. They did offer 1 month subscription relief and 2 if you commit to 2 years but I don't know if we will make it? Most of the support staff is super friendly and helpful.

Cons

Given it's many features, the software is sophisticated and not easy to use. Could never figure out the private yoga feature or how to show the studio was being rented so for us not to be able to do this - it was very expensive. Also we were one of the first studios to live stream so we got set up prior =however not all mb reps could accurately advise how to set up. We paid for adverting on fb and...

MindBody for Music Schools

Studio automation is always a plus - if you haven't used Auto-Pay, you should really try it. Automated emails are really the best part. For us, it's slow, kind of clunky, and doesn't fit our needs as well as we had hoped. Them withholding our money was definitely the main impetus for our disillusionment.

Pros

Integrated billing/scheduling/contractor & staff payroll. Automated email messaging. Automated customer billing. A large variety of services thought to improve retention and conversion. Tech support is very knowledgeable, professional and helpful.

Cons

We've been using MB for over 7 years. It was affordable when we started, but has continued to increase in cost. It is now very expensive, by comparison to other offerings. The billing system is extremely complicated to set up and is difficult to train. It's really built for yoga studios, etc., and is not a good solution for music schools. The vast majority of the add-on products they promote are not...

It is OKAY

I think until recently we were thinking of switching to something else that is more reasonably priced. I stayed on and am now using the new marketing software. We will see if it helps automate our business more.

Pros

I like that it has an app and that our clients can easily sign up. Also, the billing makes it easy for a small business like ours.

Cons

We have been using MINDBODY for the last 3 years. I just think it is okay and think there are so many other products out there that have come out that might be better. My biggest gripe is the cost. I wish it scaled more with how big our fitness business is. We have a small business and don't do a lot of volume but in order to get the marketing features we have to pay a huge premium. I also was bothered that that they just increase costs by a lot after we used it for a year and never gave any training about the new features that we HAD to pay for. I don't like that their actual internal network and app don't help get new clients. DON'T ever pay for that feature as it takes a percentage from the sale. You are much better off doing your own sales and marketing.

MindBody Software Suite with Branded App

Overall experience was grueling and constantly defeating to my business operations. Joining Mindbody was a poor decision in many facets. The software suite works directly against your business by directing (through email marketing etc.) new members to use the "Non-Branded" app when you already have the Branded App. The Mindbody App sends deals from other fitness studios to your customers via the...

Pros

The best pert of MindBody was the Branded App. One touch at the fingertips for purchases by the customer.

Cons

Constant updates that caused issues for booking, purchasing and retaining customers. My email box was virtually packed with issues that MindBody caused from an update to the app. "A fix to fix the problem caused by the fix for a problem we fixed" could be the Moto!

MindBody Software is Mostly Great

Honestly, software is software these days. But my experience with MindBody is that the team of people they have behind the scenes is absolutely phenomenal. They just put on the most amazing in person event called Bold, and I was so impressed I already bought my ticket for next year. They also do a yearly training on their software called MindBody University, and I have heard great things. I'm hoping that once I attend, I will fall in love with the software as much as I have with the people.

Pros

It has a lot of features that I need to run my business, like reports, memberships, and online booking for clients.

Cons

I do not find it intuitive, and sometimes it's glitchy and inconsistent.

Hard to use, but a Good customer value

Very very very difficult to use, too much features for nothing. You had to search deep into the back-end system to change a minor feature. Customer account was hard to manage on the administrative side. Good software for fitness centre that only have classes. Not the better software for Sports Complex and facilities rentals.

Pros

Minbody offers a lot of features and everything is possible for the client. Our customer could be aware of any changes in their rental or account. Customers could have a look of our facilities schedule before calling us to rent a facility. Customer could see Public Swim & Skate on the Mindbody Website easily. Customer could access their account on the Mindbody App and get all the information about their course directly on the app. Merging accounts was easy.

Cons

Very difficult to use and learn. A lot of specific terms, difficult to learn for baby-boomers employees. Rentals could not be filtered or sort other than by transaction date. So if we booked a facility 6 months in advance, and change the date 1 months prior, changes were 4 pages before the actual rental. There was no way to bill our client monthly. We used it for more than a year and a half and our employees was still having issues with basics and daily steps.

Mindbody Online transformed my business

I tried to leave Mindbody once to go to Booker (now a MBO owned company) and that was a huge fail. They didn't offer the preferences that worked for my boutique, small studio. MBO has stellar customer service. Also, BOLD is beyond a doubt, the most exciting part of MBO and helping owners stay motivated, inspired and educated.

Pros

Mindbody offers exemplary customer service. I have been with them for more than 10 years of the 15 years that I have been in business. It's user friendly, innovative and helps business owners to automate their work.

Cons

The price for MBO keeps getting more expensive. Also, the partner companies can add up too.

MINDBODY software

I wouldn't want to change. Software changes are difficult to walk staff through. Price increases may impact that over time. Partly because it is ever evolving and slowly but surely we get functionality that we need. The software is greatly modifiable, however, we have hit quite a few roadblocks of things that we need that we just can't do because we do not have the typical boutique business model.

Pros

Ability to interact with clients through auto-e-mails/texts.

Cons

Not built specifically for fitness centers so lacks some functionality specific to a non-profit fitness center. Definitely built for a boutique studio.

It's Helpful!

MB has been great within the yoga studio / fitness studio / wellness studio industry. I've been using it for years now, within different states / facilities, as well as using it myself as a client. Easy to use, but have a feeling there is so much my company is unaware of / not taking advantage of [some tools that could really benefit the company that we don't know exist]. I'm also not a fan of MB working...

Pros

The software is easy to use [once you practice]. It allows us to do everything we need, to an extent, with scheduling private sessions, massage, requesting appointments, as well as checking students in to classes, allowing them to purchase retail. It seems to have everything we need rolled into one package, at least for us with the Ultimate package.

Cons

I think there should be more webinars on how to use the software. Yes, there are videos to watch and the certification process, but this does not allow for open dialogue, questions to be asked, etc. Webinars w/ a MB customer support team available to discuss would be ideal and allow us all to know more of what our system has available for us to use / take advantage of.

Excellent at providing options, but slightly over-complicated

Overall, this product is a good solution for any gym or membership based company. I have not been able to find an option out there that has as many capabilities as Mindbody does, so I've chosen to stick with it. While it does have some inconveniences, it is a very reliable flexible software, which at the end of the day is the most important thing anyway.

Pros

The sheer range of things this program can do is extremely impressive. Having just one program that can do so much is a huge plus in terms of simplicity and frugality. Specifically, it is very nice to have a POS, scheduling software, and online booking all in one. You can have two computers set up at your gym that can handle everything. Extremely convenient. Customer service is pretty good. I never had to wait on hold for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes the help takes longer than seems necessary and is difficult to follow, but I think that is more than fault of this somewhat convoluted software than the actual customer service itself. The software is easily accessible from anywhere. Surprisingly, their mobile platform is actually pretty good!

Cons

The main Con in a word is Convoluted. Everything is multiple steps, navigating the software can be difficult, and the layout is not intuitive in the slightest. I strongly dread training new employees on this software. It usually takes me about two hours just to go through everything with them...It's a headache. Like anything else, it's not too bad once you learn it, but learning it is not fun. The...

Leading and inspiring the health and fitness industry

I've truly found Mindbody as an ally to help run my business. The company and community around it is why I'm in the health and fitness industry. It is inspiring to see a company trailblaze positive change in the public's heath and look forward to be associated with Mindbody for years to come.

Pros

Mindbody is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. What a lot of people may not know is that this company is leading the charge to improve health and fitness in this country and throughout the world where Mindbody is found. Having spent time at their campus in San Luis Obispo, I've seen it first hand. I go to the Mindbody University...

Cons

I believe if anyone considers using other software, it is because you are forced to use a specific credit card company with Mindbody. The sophistication to take different types of payment is lacking in such a monumentally successful software program. They tried to roll out a mobile dedicated payment device called POYNT which has been disappointing. It is clunky and unreliable, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to return for a credit on my account. There are reports that the payment system is being revamped and it would be a revelation and would make the system truly complete.

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

Pros

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

Cons

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should...

Things are okay, but they could be better

Overall. Our experience is a positive one. We certainly have our frustrations and have been met with dead ends on more than one occasion. We have been continually researching and discussing with peers the use of other similar products to see if there would be a similar and more cost effective fit for us.

Pros

-visually, it is simple and appealing -The customer service team is responsive and intelligent and we appreciate the remote controlling of the screen to learn while issues are resolved -Mostly it has accommodated the needs of our business

Cons

-It is clearly most functional for a class-based business, we would love to see improvements and functionality for appointment based (one that stands out, is being able to schedule through our Google Business listing) -The fact that you raise your rates and do not grandfather in your current subscribers to stay at the same rate is really sneaky and I do not respect that at all. Just because you add...

Hi Amanda- Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our recent acquisition of Booker Software was aimed at improving the experience for appointment-based businesses like yours. In addition, we apologize for the impact that we have on your business when our software has an event, but know that we are actively working on solutions to prevent that from happening in the future.

Amazing and dissapointing

Did a great job compiling competitive software services that we need for our business.

Pros

Very easy to use once you get set up and figure it out how to make it work for your business. Before MindBody changed their software capabilities... again... there was so much flexibility in how to use the software and it has so many very applicable functions for multiple business types. Customer service has ALWAYS been amazing and the interface is very customer friendly. It also has a great app for online booking.

Cons

How much the program changes in terms of the way the interface is used; every "update" has made the system very complicated for our businesses use, and we would constantly be retraining our employees how to use get around the new changes to use the software as we originally purchased it for. As of a month ago, they just implemented a new payment tier system that has limited our previous uses and...

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.