Google Contacts Reviews

Google Contacts

Online address book

4.63/5 (185 reviews)

Pros
  • This is far the best way to keep your contacts organized and access them on the cloud by just signing into your google mail account also the robust API makes it awesome.Afije S.Read the full review
  • This nice looking app its so helpful and it allows me to send mails to multiple contacts at once. Great to back up my contacts and to take them to any device I use.Jesús B.Read the full review
  • I love using Contacts because it's so user-friendly. I also had an issue with my phone where all my contacts were missing and I was able to restore them using Contacts; it was a total lifesaver.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • Back in the day when you loose your phone, you loose your important contacts as well, but not anymore since discovering google contacts.Tolulope D.Read the full review
  • Ve heard Google contacts has been criticized for low resolution contact pictures, but, I don't have a lot of contacts where I use photos, so I am impartial to this criticism.Jeremy H.Read the full review
  • Also, for the apps that use contact details - it shows multiple contacts in the contact list - this could be annoying at times.Vishal B.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Yaroslav Kozak

Another great addition to the Google ecosystem (perfect if you have android phone)

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-02-07

I really enjoy using Google Contacts and it is y main tool to work with the Contact Book.

Pros
I love the robust functionality of the Google contacts and all the options there. Also, there are a lot of integrations that I can use as well as a nice sleek design that will make it easy to work on your contacts seamlessly.

Cons
At this point, I can't say that Google Contacts miss something. Such kind of programs to do have many requirements. However, I would suggest the team to focus a bit more on possible extensions to the tool such as better importing, migration etc.

Gina Fiore

Google Contacts is the bomb!

Reviewed 2020-06-22

I organize so much information in my contacts including addresses, birthdays, even special information that I want to be sure I remember about my friends.

Pros
I love everything about this product. I have used it for many years. When I got my first smart phone I immediately used google contacts to maintain them instead of using the one that “came with” the phone. I have NEVER needed to ask for my friends numbers because my phone was stolen or I got a new one. I will always have google contacts!

Cons
I honestly don’t have a con to list here. I love and use all of the features of google contacts from the name setup to the birthday.

Anonymous

Can't not use it. But I wish they'd make some improvements.

Reviewed 2020-05-08

I don't find Google Contacts to be the easiest thing to navigate or do what I want to do (too many clicks to add someone to a group, for instance), but it's aesthetically appealing and gets the job done. I can't get around using it and I have to admit the group function (while clunky) is indispensable for me at this point.

Pros
Obviously it very easily integrates with the whole Google suite, which is great. And I like being able to set up groups to easily send to.

Cons
You can't select WHICH address for someone you want included in a group. So if you know someone from work and personal life and you want a specific address in different groups, you can't do that. It's maddening.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Ralph Esan

This is a lifesaver!

Reviewed 2020-05-11

Pros
These are my favorite features of Google contacts: 1. Automatic Backup and Synchronization: The backup and synchronization feature is indeed a lifesaver. And, I can put my mind at rest, I never have to worry about losing my contacts because I have it backed up in the cloud with just a few clicks. Also, I can access my contacts on any device so far it's connected to the internet. That is an amazing feature! 2. Contacts Labelling: This is my second favorite feature because it makes communication a whole lot easier for me. I can find any contact quickly even if I haven't memorized the details. 3. Multi Accounts Compatibility: This allows me to group my contacts under different accounts, and synchronize with a particular account in the cloud, which is good for organizing my contacts. 4. Duplicates Finder: This makes it possible for me to easily declutter my contacts list without having to do it by myself.

Cons
There's nothing that I don't like about the software.

Afije Stephen

Excellent Contact Manager

Reviewed 2020-07-12

The ease of accessing my contacts on the cloud makes this awesome and the contacts works with our google calendar (API) with our SMS platform to send out automated birthday messages. Google Contacts is the best to also backup your contact and never loose the number of the special person should you loose your device.

Pros

Cons
To be honest there's nothing I have noticed about this software that isn't easy or good enough, from saving contacts, accessing it on the cloud and using the API all works fine.

Tyler Vargas

Contacts in the Cloud

Reviewed 2020-07-20

The service works well, has your information readily available on any device connected to your account.

Pros
All contacts are saved across all devices and available. Duplicates can be merged and combined, as well as contact information in other services like gmail. It can be accessed from various google accounts and used for audio and video communication.

Cons
When converting the names from another contact service, some of the first and last names or other information get switched or categorized incorrectly. Having a switch toggle or drag and drop would make this much faster to rearrange,

Anastasia Wahome

Google Contacts a one stop shop for contact management

Reviewed 2020-05-27

Good. A more friendly interface for import/export would really help.

Pros
Apart from keeping a neat listing of my contacts, being able to sync with my mobile phone is very useful. this way, even though I can recall all after changing or losing my phone. Great feature also that enables one to merge similar contacts.

Cons
Exporting and importing of contacts not so easy for basic user, sometimes one just wants a simple interface. The outputs of these also sometimes not as one would expect, names that were stored as first, last etc. might confuse a basic user.

Jalonda Rhone

Google Contacts keep people connected!

Reviewed 2020-07-03

My overall experience with Google contacts has been positive and extremely helpful in my everyday life. With this application, I am able to switch devices and save time with my contacts already being stored in my Google account.

Pros
What I like most about Google Contacts is the feature of syncing my contacts across mutlitple devices which saves me time.

Cons
There is nothing that I just like about Google contacts, I actually highly recommend it to anyone who uses multiple devices with a need to store contacts.

Beaton Mabaso

Online contact manager

Reviewed 2020-05-28

Ever since I stared syncing my contacts via Google Contacts I have never had to worry about losing a number or contact detail

Pros
Google seamlessly synchronises your contacts between devices and emails making you never lose a contact detail again

Cons
Updating the uploaded contacts is not as fluid as one would wish and sometimes you keep getting a sync with same wrong number you are trying to get as it will overide giving preference to contacts already in the cloud storage

Melissa Talamantez

Personal info at your fingertips

Reviewed 2020-05-11

Like all Google products, Google contacts is very user-friendly & very simplistic. I wouldn't trade it for any other software

Pros
It's easy to use & very simplistic in design. There are the most basic options people normally need & search for.

Cons
There aren't many options for individual contact & only set groups that can't be added to or changed.

Nathan Sichilongo

Google Contacts is the swiss army knife Contact app

Reviewed 2018-12-29

Pros
Google Contacts is a good app for managing and syncing contacts across multiple devices. It leverages your Google account and backs up your contacts to the cloud so you can keep them all in one place. The best features include: 1) Sync & Backup contacts between accounts, as you add accounts to your phone, you can add contacts from multiple accounts and sync them there. If you change contacts on one account, they sync everywhere including on the web. 2) Merge Contacts - One of the problems with contact apps is sometimes you have duplicate contacts, but with Google Contacts, you can easily merge contacts so that one name shows all the numbers for one contact. I am yet to find an app that works this well. You can also import & export contacts from other sources and sync them to your Google account. 3) Did I mention the free part? Well Google Contacts is free to use as long as you have a Google account.

Cons
Google Contacts is very basic for contact editing. The number of fields you can use to edit are limited. The only other gripe would be the lack of an Apple app to replace the equivalent on iOS.

Anonymous

If you have an android, you need this!

Reviewed 2020-03-23

Overall experience with this application is very easy to use especially with its multi system integration. Just need a little more contact management fixes!

Pros
Google Contacts is a a simple yet amazing software. If you have multiple devices, this application is able to sync contacts anywhere. It goes very well with your google account where everything is stored in the cloud! Basically, everything is stored in one place so you don't have to go searching everywhere to find one single contact etc!

Cons
Sometimes there are duplicates that appear in your contact list and it would be great if the application was able to recognize this so I don't have two pages of the same contact. Other than that the application is great! It functions just the way you'd want it to.

David H. Deans

The only contacts database that I use daily

Reviewed 2018-08-05

Pros
Device and application-dependent contact lists were previously a huge frustration for me -- having to re-enter the same info over and over in all my frequently used apps. As soon as I started to use Google COntacts I knew that the productivity improvement would be amazing. I use a chromebook and Android smartphone, so the software integration benefits are many for my situation.

Cons
Other contact database applications have more 'fields' where you can store categorized or free-form data, but this limitation in Google Contacts has not been a significant issue for me. That said, every time they enhance this app, I've noticed the productivity benefits.

Jesús Badel

Very efficient app where I can take my contact everywhere I go

Reviewed 2018-06-30

Pros
This nice looking app its so helpful and it allows me to send mails to multiple contacts at once. Great to back up my contacts and to take them to any device I use. There are no more worries that I might loose some contacts because I know they are safe with Google Contacts. It's very efficient, easy to use and to download the information. Also I like the way it enables a way to see my favorites, recents and contacts by only swiping right and left easily. No backup problems for me with this app.

Cons
Please come up with something to automatically delete the duplicates. A feature to also have sms backup would be amazing.

Great for Organiziation

Reviewed 2020-05-06

My overall experience with Google Contacts has been awesome. I have all of my contacts in one simple location and I can use them from any device I choose!

Pros
I am a proud user of Google Contacts! It has actually been a lifesaver to me on many different occasions. Google Contacts, saves and syncs all of your contact information across all of your devices. This makes it really nice if you are out somewhere and need to access your contacts information. It is so easy to use and extremely user friendly.

Cons
I have not found any cons about Google Contacts at this point in time. It has been nothing short of awesome for me and my company.

Mike Calabro

Mandatory for any android users and highly recommended for Iphone users.

Reviewed 2018-05-29

Pros
I can't imagine using any other contact app. If you use Android and do not use google contacts you are missing the point. It is fully integrated with other Google apps such as Gmail. It automatically backups all of your contacts to the cloud so if you ever lose your phone you don't have to start from scratch. Finds and merges duplicates. SHows recent conversation notes Free,

Cons
Since Google has a massive amount of data on everyone, I wish that they would use it for good. It would be nice to have google fill out more items in my contact list automatically such as birthdates and profile photos.

Best Contact Manager I've Been Using Since

Reviewed 2018-10-17

Pros
Google Contacts keeps all contact information of my friends, family, relatives, and everyone I communicate. As a long-time Android user, Google Contacts has always been my helpmate. Whenever I change my phone, or even I'm not using my phone, I can always have access to my contacts, everywhere I go. I also do not need to fill the same contact information again and again to my other devices—I can just go to my Google Contacts and it's all there!

Cons
I don't have anything against Google Contacts. I can't imagine using any other contact management platform. It's the best for me.

Jesús Noehi Posada Navarro

Your contacts safe and always available

Reviewed 2018-11-21

Pros
Like all the google apps, it can be accessed from any device that has access to the internet. Thanks to using it I havent lost a contact in years. I can change the phone without worrying about losing contacts since all are stored on the cloud thanks to google contacts, just need to login on the new phone with my google account and it automatically synchronizes.

Cons
I havent been able to set it as my default contact list when Im saving a new one, havent been able to find out. Besides that I dont have any problems when using it, I recommend it to all my friends, family, etc.

Anonymous

Not sure what I would've done without this before iCloud

Reviewed 2018-06-24

Pros
All my phone contacts are synced to Google Contacts. I'm an iPhone user, so by default I do have iCloud. But before iCloud existed, storing contacts online was non-existent. If you lost your phone or if you accidentally deleted a contact, they'd be gone forever. Google Contacts eliminated this frustration by allowing you to sync real time with your phone contacts and online. It's a great back door feature to have.

Cons
No Apple app as of now... I think there are 3rd party ones that allow you to sync your contacts online. Would like to see one get pushed out.

Anonymous

One great place for all your contact info

Reviewed 2020-07-09

have used contacts forever. it is the best place to store everyone's information on multiple platforms and devices

Pros
I have used contacts for what seems like forever. Easy place to store phone numbers, emails, birthdays, note all about someone. Can customize pictures and the order of your lists easily. Can merge and send contacts to other people. Great staple in every day life

Cons
when i can phones sometimes the transfer takes a while and creates duplicate entries but as long as you remember to do some maintenance and manually clean your contact list once in a while it isn't too bad

Patrick Burch, MBA

Great Contacts App for PC and Phone

Reviewed 2016-09-15

I have used Google Contacts to manage my contacts from the first day I started using a data phone. It was easy to setup my contacts on my PC and then have them appear on my phone. Managing contacts is also very easily done. I highly recommend using Google Contacts to manage your contacts.

Pros
You can use your phone or PC to manage your contacts. Don't have to worry about backing up your contacts. When I change phones, no problem my contacts load right in.

Cons
Would like to see an easier way to manage and display group contacts.

Anonymous

Everyone you know in one place

Reviewed 2018-08-14

Pros
I have been introduced to Google Calendar via Android platform. The default phone app is connected to Google Calendar, so whenever you save new contact detail it automatically syncs to Google Calendar. This means when using Gmail they come up in directory. Google Calendar also analyzes the contacts, merges duplicates.

Cons
There are two versions of Google Contacts, new and old. Some features are not available on newer version, some are not available on older version. You need to go back to old version to access importing the contacts.

Kevin Williams

Have Contacts Everywhere for Every Phone

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Pros
Of course the most major benefit of Google Contacts is that you can access your contacts list through any device anywhere and I personally have carried the same list for almost 7 years without any issues. If you need to export your list to a CSV they dont try to make you jump through three million steps to get to it like some other contact list services.

Cons
There is really no transparency on if your list is shared on the web or not I mean at the end of the day this is a cloud service.

Christopher Mantz

Google Contacts review

Reviewed 2019-03-22

Pros
Very simple and easy to use. The application suggests adding information when there is a number or e-mail address present. With the google integration, I can access the information if I do not have my phone. Also, when switching phones, I only need to log into my google account to access it on the new device.

Cons
Because this is product that fills one direct niche, there is nothing wrong with it. It is a contacts client. Maybe being able to add/edit information could be easier.

Anonymous

Google Contacts fulfills its purpose for providing quality "one-and-done" application

Reviewed 2019-01-07

Pros
Google contacts is not necessarily superior, but shows no defects in its use. Contacts are clearly displayed, information regarding each person is easy accessible, while providing a platform that any user can understand in less than 5 minutes of use.

Cons
Oddly enough, google contacts has no cons, in my eyes. Beyond aesthetic updates to the system, Google Contacts fulfills its purpose and is right where it needs to be in the market for contact databases.