Google Contacts Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.24/10

Reviews by rating

Overall, I think it is the best among all the others available in the market. Easy to use and navigate, Import/Export is also very awesome and good user experience.
Apart from being an application dedicated to contacts, it has more functions, which makes it a fairly robust and friendly application.
This software serves as an excellent tool in terms of being able to save important phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, and the like.
Google contact should be able to inform my contact when my device is reported stolen or lost.
Google contact made it possible for me to retrieve my contact the times I lost my phone. And updates automatically.
The only thing I dislike is that it can't be used with multiple accounts.

Jeffrey T.

Founder

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Store and manage contacts effortlessly

Transcript

Jeffrey: Hi, my name is Jeffrey. I'm the founder. I give Google Contacts five stars. For more reviews...

Justin S.

Senior DevOps Engineer

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

No shared contacts? Still? Seriously?

Transcript

Justin S.: Hi. I'm Justin, DevOps engineer, and I give a Google Contacts four out of five stars. For...

Saqib S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Google Contacts - Spectecular Option

I have good experience with Google Contacts because I have faced a problem early that is why this option is excellent for everyone.

Pros

Google Contacts became much important for everyone nowadays, it has the brilliant option that everyone can save their contacts by availing this option. Earlier many people use to worry that if mobile phones are snatched or fallen somewhere so everyone become alone because all saved contact has also gone with the phone. After having Google Contacts I am free from all difficulty which I faced early. Phones can purchased again but contacts makes connection with each other.

Cons

There is no word to dislike it because it has best option to make contacts again in your contact list if you lost your phones or mobiles.

CB

Carolyn B.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Google Contacts helps us to keep our clients organized.

Pretty good! Its almost perfect, and I expect future iterations to be even better.

Pros

Google Contacts is pretty easy to use. Set up is easy, at least it was wen we set it up over 10 years ago. Syncing to a third party app can be iffy, but usually it's the third party fault. Ease of searching, labeling, organizing clients is great!

Cons

We would like to have more integration with our maps and calendar. It would be great if we could integrate them in such a way that we got reminders, when scheduling one client in a certain area, there are others in that area we haven't seen in a certain amount of time. Of just a better contacts integration with Google Maps would be great. Also, I wish I had a bit more flexibility and customization options when creating a contact. We groom cats and need to keep some medical information on hand, and would like to have more of a records keeping option.

Jerad C.

Photography, self-employed

Minimalist at best

Pros

I guess what I liked best about Google contacts is that it provides the basic features necessary to keep track of phone numbers. I also like that it will auto back up and restore based on device you sign into, I mean Im pretty sure all platforms do at this point

Cons

I'm all about freely being able to customize my mobile device without having to add app after app to be able to do so and taking up all free space. With that said I feel like the amount of customization with Google contacts is limited to the basics.

Suryani A.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Shares contact list easily

Pros

Google Contacts is the best contact sharing and management that i have come across and is free to use it. All of my contact list, from email contact and phone number contact list are merge on this single application, and can be called back easily from any other service or software that are linked with it.

Cons

This application is simple to be used and do its works perfectly, and i don't see anything negative with it that make me dislike it. They might need to add more feature or revamp some of the feature to make it more user friendly, but the current feature is more than enough for me to work with it.

Mashal A.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Google Contacts.. Never lose a contact.

I have been using Google Contacts for more than 9 years, and it has become a part of my personal, work and social life. With Google contacts, now I being a care less person, don't have to search for and write each contact whenever I get my phone lost or broken.

Pros

The biggest quality of Google contacts is that it backs up your entire contact list along with all the individual details to your Gmail Id, which makes it easy to access your contacts anywhere and on any device just by syncing that device with your Gmail. Unlike traditional address books, it gives you the freedom to add as many contact numbers, addresses and email IDs to a single contact, and assign labels to them. Also importing and exporting contacts to other platforms is very easy with it.

Cons

Often when you login your Gmail on another android device, it automatically syncs/ download your contacts to that device without asking/ alerting about that specifically.

Gem T.

Education Management, self-employed

Contacts Synchronized Across Platforms

Overall a very good software and easy to use. I recommend some changes regarding synchronization across multiple email addresses and platforms, but other than that this software is a useful tool for my businesses and much easier than a hard-copy pen-and-paper address book.

Pros

I love that I can synchronize my contacts between my phone, emails, and other platforms with just the click of a button. When I add new contacts to my phone I even have the option to add them to my Google Contacts instead of my phone contacts, which makes emailing people later a huge convenience! As someone who has multiple emails for the various jobs she performs, I recommend using Google Contacts to keep all your contacts organized.

Cons

Sometimes I add contacts more than once, or contacts show up more than once on my phone because of synchronization errors. This can occur if I have the same contact in two separate email contacts, in which case both contacts will appear on my phone. I had to de-synchronize one of my business emails from my phone contacts to ensure that my phone contacts stayed organized and clean.

Ralph E.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

This is a lifesaver!

Pros

These are my favorite features of Google contacts: 1. Automatic Backup and Synchronization: The backup and synchronization feature is indeed a lifesaver. And, I can put my mind at rest, I never have to worry about losing my contacts because I have it backed up in the cloud with just a few clicks. Also, I can access my contacts on any device so far it's connected to the internet. That is an amazing...

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about the software.

Shaharyar S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

After Installing Google Contacts, I never lost any of my contact.

Overall Google Contacts is a must use app if you want to save your contacts for life time with in a secured platform. For me, It's a life saving App you should also try.

Pros

Few years back when there was no App like Google Contacts, I lost my phone multiple times and with that I also lost my all contacts because of saving those contact in phone memory. Google contact just saved our lives in face of saving important information on cloud, it is very easy to use, we save any contact number, email address, or any other contact detail of anyone Google Contact just save and sync in real time and we never lose contact of anyone even after losing the phone.

Cons

Eventually, I didn't find any disadvantage using Google Contacts, I've faced an issue when signing in on any other device that Google Contacts wasn't syncing my previously saved contacts but I faced this issue just once.

Shahryar K.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Google Contacts.. The best in the trade.

I've been using Google Contacts as my primary contact organizer for years. With it I don't have to fear losing my contacts anymore.

Pros

Google Contacts is the best contact manager ever. It has a very simple and user-friendly interface and you can easily save and organize your contacts. It allows you to store multiple type of entries like phone numbers, emails, addresses pictures etc to a single contact. The best part is that if you go for save contacts to Gmail, you will never lose your contacts and can access them from anywhere just by logging in to your Gmail account. Also importing and exporting contacts is very easy in it. As it is offered by Google and works with Gmail, it easily integrates with all Google servies and apps and you can readily get your contacts in there.

Cons

For me Google Contacts is a perfect tool, so can't think of any drawback in it.

VA

Varun A.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Google Contacts : An excellent contact management system

Google Contacts is an all-in-one solution for managing contacts that syncs and backups contacts in seconds across any device.

Pros

Google Contacts is the most effective contact sharing and management tool I've found, and it's completely free to use. All of my contact details, including email addresses and phone numbers, is consolidated on this particular tool and can be readily retrieved from any additional tool or software that is linked to it.

Cons

There is really absolutely nothing I dislike about this tool because it consistently performs many of its intended features with out any issues, certainly in my experience of by using it over quite some time.

RK

Raj K.

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Manage your ever-growing network like a piece of cake!

Google contacts is a highly versatile software to manage all sizes of contact lists. You can customize your list in too many ways. The search feature is too powerful, and all your contacts' information will be at your fingertips. I have not found a better software for this purpose so far!

Pros

1. It is the most versatile contacts management software available on multiple platforms. 2. You can instantly search from a database of contacts, howsoever large it is. 3. You can add, import, delete, modify any number of contacts with full details. 4. Marking with labels ensures that you see all contacts with one or multiple tags at one place. 5. You can export your list to several compatible software...

Cons

1. You may merge or modify similar contacts by mistake and may find it difficult to go back. 2. There are no advanced search options, and you need to search with multiple strings manually. 3. When your contacts database is too large, the database features available may not efficiently handle it. 4. Editing multiple contacts is much faster in Excel than in this software. 5. A large number of contacts may slow down your smartphone.

RZ

Rana Z.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

The most dynamic Contacts manager ever..

Its been nearly ten years now since I started using Google Contacts and am still using it because they always keep it up to date by constantly rolling out updates and making it even better.

Pros

Google contacts is undoubtedly the most popular and widely used contact manager today. Its simple yet intuitive interface makes it easy to use even for the very novice users. You can save variety of information like phone numbers, emails, physical addresses and even birthdays to a contact. Sharing contacts is very easy and needs only a few taps. It auto fetches contact photo to the thumbnail if they...

Cons

Throughout the time that I have used Google Contacts from the start till now, I don't remember if I have encountered a problem using it, not even the mere hanging or auto shutting.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

My Google Contacts

Pros

I am using google contacts when I purchased my 1st android phone, here I want to share a short story behind it, I had a normal black screen mobile phone named Nokia x2-02 and one day when I was returning from my college the phone was missed somewhere and I searched everywhere because I had a lot of contacts saved in my phone memory and sim as well but it was useless and due to this incident I lost...

Cons

Overall its a good application as I defined but the least part which I likes is the download contacts feature in excel format , it should be like a report although its fine !

AK

Aatif K.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

The best ever

Google contacts has been my primary contact manager for years now due to its variety of user entries, fast contact searching and excellent contacts backup.

Pros

Google Contacts is by far the best contacts managing software in all aspects. It has a very minimal and light yet pleasant user interface. Creating and editing contacts is very easy in it and multiple tupe of information can be written about a single contact like phone numbers, emails various addresses. It also allows you to issue stickers to contacts or sort them in to various categories. The best thing about Google Contacts is that all your contacts saves in to Gmail account as you write them, so can can later access them on any other device just by syncing it with your gmail. Also it lets you scroll through contacts or search a specific contact very fastly. Along with integrations with third party softwares, it automatically integrates with other Google softwares.

Cons

Throughout the years that I have used Google Contacts, I do not remember to have faced any issue using it.

AK

Abbas K.

Environmental Services, self-employed

Google Contacts. A must have for detailed and organized contacts.

I have been using Google contacts for years now. Thanks to it that now I don't have to write each contact one by one in my new phone, when the old one gets broken or lost.

Pros

Google contacts is by far the best tool I ever have used or heard of for organizing and saving your contacts. It accepts multiple sort of entries for every contact like multiple phone numbers, email Id, adrress, labels and notes about that person. Along with that it also shows the image of the person in thumbnail and in screen while getting a call making it easy to identify among contacts of same names. And icing on the cake is , you never loose your contacts as long as you remember you gmail id and password, and can get them on any device.

Cons

When ever your enter your Gmail Id in someone's android Playstore app, your contacts automatically downloads without asking for specific permission.

SS

Sachin S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Best Contact Management Tool

Overall, Google Contacts is a complete solution for Contact Management throughout all devices for real-time synch and backup of contacts. The search and filter tools in Google Contacts are useful to find contacts from a large database. It's very easy to import and export contacts in Google Contacts and also easier to synch and backup contacts.

Pros

Google Contacts is one of the best contact management tools in the market for storing contacts and managing your contact lists. We can store unlimited contacts along with alternate numbers, email addresses, and other details associated. All the contacts are synched in real-time and there is always a backup available so we never lose any contact.Google Contacts is easier to import and export contacts and it is easy to integrate it with other third-party services.

Cons

Google contacts are the most reliable and complete solution for managing contacts and I haven't found any big issues in managing contacts in the last 5 years of my usage.

EM

Eleana M.

Computer & Network Security, 201-500 employees

It is a great tool because it is complete and well-spread

In an overview I like to work with it, on my computer it is agile and I practice using it and finding what I need, which gives me a lot of productivity gain on a daily basis, reflecting on profit, on my cell phone integration is something that could improve because it takes a lot of time and steps to make this integration but if everything is right it is also very easy to use.

Pros

because it is a tool that everyone uses, it is constantly evolving, so there are few problems that it presents, for managing a company it is wonderful because you have a complete package in one place. Very intuitive and easy to use and pass on knowledge.

Cons

I believe it could improve the integration with all brands and models of devices available on the market, making it easier and faster I have an iphone and whenever I need to restore it for some reason, to return the data takes a long time because I need to do many things so that the data appears on my device.

Mohammad Iqbal K.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

it makes easier to manage contacts

I am always benefited by using Google Contacts for being synced on Web with the contacts on my mobile device. It makes it possible to add, delete, edit and manage the contacts on web.

Pros

It is very simple in interface with user friendly and interactive options. It automatically detects the duplicates to merge and fix. It makes easier to manage and backup contacts. It helps to keep contacts sync with mobile device.

Cons

Although, it has no such thing to dislike but betterment in autodetection process of duplicates can be enhanced further to avoid skips.

LR

Lakshman R.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Google Contacts: A Perfect Way to Store the Contact Information

Google Contacts helps me to store the contact information for both personal and office purposes.

Pros

I really enjoy that Google Contacts lets me store and view mobile numbers at all times. I don't have to recreate my contact list every time I switch phones. My contacts comeback when I merely link my Google Contacts. Utilizing Google Contacts makes things easier now. I'm not worried about missing my contact information anymore.

Cons

I have no memory of ever having any issues with Google Contacts, not even the occasional hanging or auto-shutting—in the whole period during which I was using it.

KT

Katherine T.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Great Place to Store your contacts

Google Contacts is where we store all of our clients contact information and it makes it very easily accessible between team members and across all devices. We really appreciate how it auto merges duplicate contacts entries.

Pros

Google Contacts works great for our business to store all of our clients contact information. We use G Suite for email so all contacts are easily accessible. It also merges duplicate contacts for you which is nice to keep organized. You can also group the contacts into categories which is helpful as well.

Cons

The only thing that sort of bothers us with Google Contacts is that you certain fields are not on the main "add contact" page, so you have to click "More Fields" to be able to add things like Address. Very minor issue, so besides that we have no complaints about Google Contacts.

vn

vinay n.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Simplified Contact Management: Google Contacts

I utilize it for managing my emails and scheduling meetings, and Google Contacts will consequently streamline the process of reaching out to them whenever necessary.

Pros

It enables you to organize contacts, providing the flexibility to include multiple phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses for each contact, in contrast to a typical address book. Additionally, it streamlines the process of adding and deleting connections across various platforms.

Cons

I've been struggling to understand how to set it as my default contact list when saving a new contact.

SM

Safeer M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Your Default Contacts Management

Organize your contacts and sync with multiple devices and platforms easily with this tool from Google that has a large user base.

Pros

- Contacts can have many information fields satisfying our need to store various contact info of the people in professional life and personal lives - Easy to send and share contact cards on major messaging apps - All contact info is secure in cloud. So even if we lose our mobile device, or we need to factory reset our device the contact data is safe and accessible from anywhere by simply logging in - Detection of duplicate contacts is a great feature allowing us a clutter free contacts list

Cons

- Nothing in particular. This app is far superior to the competition and an integral part of Gmail and Android ecosystem

Computer Software, self-employed

If you have an android, you need this!

Overall experience with this application is very easy to use especially with its multi system integration. Just need a little more contact management fixes!

Pros

Google Contacts is a a simple yet amazing software. If you have multiple devices, this application is able to sync contacts anywhere. It goes very well with your google account where everything is stored in the cloud! Basically, everything is stored in one place so you don't have to go searching everywhere to find one single contact etc!

Cons

Sometimes there are duplicates that appear in your contact list and it would be great if the application was able to recognize this so I don't have two pages of the same contact. Other than that the application is great! It functions just the way you'd want it to.

SB

Sashana B.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Best Decision Ever!

I've been using this software for years and I have never regretted it. I have and will definitely recommend Google Contacts to friends, family or anyone who needs a quick and easy solution.

Pros

Google Contacts is so easy to use! Anyone can use it. All you need is a Gmail email account. It is so simple. Some years ago, I was having issues with the android phone I was using at the time. I just wasn't able to store contacts in my phone's local memory. This was really frustrating! One of my friends suggested that I save my contacts to my Google account instead, and taking that piece of advice...

Cons

Google Contacts has all the features it needs to function efficiently. I really like that it notifies you when there are duplicate names, numbers and email addresses. Also, the software's layout is pretty simple so there are really no 'hidden' features. The labels are accurate as well, so the tools for creating and removing contacts and their details are easy to recognize and use.

TA

Tauseef A.

E-Learning, self-employed

He best storage for your contact list

I've been using google contact for last 5 to 6 years and fully satisfied with it. As my contacts are in safe zone.

Pros

The most important thing to use nowadays is google contact, as the people change mobile phones every month and often the important contacts get dissapear of your mobile phone so to use google contact and save your contacts in it enables you to change your mobile phone with no fear. The contacts save in google can be transfered to the new mobile phone within seconds.

Cons

Nothing to mention in cons but if you forget your password and have no option to recover and log in your google account to your new mobile phone then you can't restore your contact list.