LivePlan Reviews

4.47/5 (44 reviews)

Lucy Beck

Good for planning and forecasting, rubbish at Actuals to compare performance against plan

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-03-28

Checked my business plan was viable, helped me clarify my thought processes. Gave me something to measure performance against. Unfortunately doesnt integrate to Zoho Books (as of March 2018), nor is there any opton to import from a CSV or other spreadsheet format. If you are a Xero or QB user you can link to get your actuals for comparison against plan, BUT proceed with caution. You cant undo the data import - everything needs deleting manually, and you cant choose which timeframe you import data for. Its last 2 years plus current year and thats that. So if your business has changed significantly and you only want say last six months dat you cant achieve thisCloud based, easy step by step process for planning for novices. Once you have put in the basics of revenue streams and costs its very easy to play "what if" type questions and see the impact on your forecast. You can get into enormous detail if you want or build this up over time as you develop your thought process.

Anonymous

LivePlan takes the intimidation out of writing a business plan!

Reviewed 2018-10-07

LivePlan is helping my business grow because I am able to stay organized with goals and milestones as we are meeting them. I can see firsthand what is allowing my company to grow and where we need to make changes to be successful. I really liked working with LivePlan to build a business plan. LivePlan helped me with having a template available to build my business plan upon. I thought writing a business plan would be something I would have to outsource and get help with. LivePlan allowed me to take control of writing and creating my own business plan. I love that I can change and expand my business plan at any time! I can also share my plan with potential investors and feel confident that it is both organized and professional.

Dennis Doherty Jr

A business plan software that anybody can use.

Reviewed 2017-05-19

A full business plan, and real projections of what is expected to be spent and what is expected to be made. After the projections the actual real numbers show, when conducted right the projections are accurate.LivePlan is extremely easy to use and straightforward. The options are almost endless. Every aspect of a business plan can easily be addressed and completed with help from the software itself. Everything has an explanation from profit and loss projections to real time profit and loss and that's just one feature. Business summary, analysis, and the executive portfolio are all ready to be put together and turn out very well put together as well as the step by step process of putting together your business plan.

Karen Bonner

LivePlan is an excellent business planning solution

Reviewed 2017-12-21
Review Source: Software Advice

I love the output of LivePlan. The business plans and one-pagers look clean, modern, and professional. It's very simple to enter information about our business into LivePlan, and the software asks great questions.

Jeremy Fischer

Shocking service.

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-08-27

It was a great experience with LivePlan. They have a clean and attractive user interface with helpful guidance. The customer service is shockingly amazing. I requested one payment refund after not using it in over a year and it was super quick and easy. Highly recommend this software.It's clean, attractive, and easy-to-use.

Indraneel Roy Choudhury

The best software for making business plan

Reviewed 2018-11-26

It has been a great experience to create business plans on the fly and also to track the actual results against your plan- Very easy and flexible software - Its an excellent software for making business plan without the hassles of learning excel formula - Very easy depiction of balance sheet and P&L statement and auto generation

Sandy Morgan

Excellent Business Plan Writing and Easy Forecast Models

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-06-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall the software excellent. I wish I could get my customers to utilize it more on a consistent basis.LivePlan takes you through the process of writing a business plan and putting together financial forecasts in an easy, step-by-step manner. Built in benchmarks are great for planning and analysis. The Pitch is excellent for summarizing the focus of any business. QuickBooks integration and Financial Dashboards are outstanding tools for tracking actual vs. budgeted income and expenses. The milestones are perfect for keeping everyone on task.

Allan Delmare

Absolutely the stand-out business plan writing / sales forcasting / start-up tool available.

Reviewed 2015-12-23

I've checked out no fewer than 10 other options. This is by far the most simple, the most user friendly, and the most feature-rich option out there. It's not only the cleanest and best-working (no bugs!), but it actually gives you the tools you need to cover a wide variety of business planning needs. Given the range of functionality (for example, you can do month-by-month sales forecasting for 36 months at the basic price level - something that most other services charge you an arm and a leg to upgrade tiers to gain access to), no other software comes close to this. And the final output of the business plan is SO CLEAN. A nice variety of example plans are available, and the "guided" element of going step-by-step is really actually helpful (instead of prohibitive, as I've found some guided software just takes you too far away from what you should really be focusing your time on). Price is very affordable Extremely rich feature set Very flexible Easiest and cleanest user interface Fantastic examples Rich and clean output

John Whelan

Easy to use, with a range of features to create a business plan.

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-09-22

- Saves Time - While I don't believe in business plans for startups it gives a clear view for established companies. - Gives a helicopter view of company's future plans. - The accounting section, input a few numbers and hours of work is saved. - The option to downgrade your account. - Multiple heading and sections to choose from - The option to create a pitch deck

Renea Hanks

My Go To Software For My Clients

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-06-01

The ability to provide a workable and successful business plan.I can produce a business plan for my clients extremely quick using LivePlan. I have used it on startups and other business types, in different industries.

crystal wallace

Business Helper

Reviewed 2017-01-27

Cheap, easy to use and provided us with a plan that made sense. I don't know how else our business would survive without it.Perfect for budgeting and our financials.

Amy Gehling

As a novice business plan writer, this helped me make sure I was being thorough in my writing.

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-10-12

I was able to quickly build a business plan even without having a lot of experience putting one together before, it definitely helped lower the barriers for me to begin writing.I loved the financials section, this really helped me create the forecasts needed for my plan. The export feature was also easy to use and produced professional looking documents.

Robert Wanjohi

Best software in financial management

Reviewed 2018-06-04

I can change the structure and model of our business much easier and accurate The price set to pay for in order to use the software is friendly There is training on site afforded by the developer There is online support available to help new users

David Huck

Beautiful and Well thought out planning software

Reviewed 2017-01-05

We had always used spreadsheets or free templates until we tried "The business model canvas" we found in a book. Having that structure helped... but not as much as LivePlan. These guys have been doing this for years and it shows from the thoughtful questions and input fields to the beautiful documents coming out the other end. We now know not to accept anything less when it comes to producing the kinds of documents that we need to get funded and keep on trackEasy to Use Clean Interface Beautiful Outputs

Wesley Johnson

Easy way to keep track of a constantly changing business structure

Reviewed 2018-03-18

When we found LivePlan we were looking for an easy way to record our business structure so that we could show it to stakeholders. This application turned out to be a great tool for that task. We enjoyed it enough to where we keep our account going and now we regularly update our structure to make it easier to have conversations with potential investors, our banker, and other stakeholders.

Iliana Dimas de Bell

I Loved this software to get my ideas off the ground

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-09-05

Positive. Once we wrote out a business plan for a project that never got off the ground. I was grateful. Had we not developed the business plan - we would have gone into a very unprofitable venture. I think this is a great guide to get you in the planning aspect of any business. It forces you to go through the process and make sure you have clarity in your ideas, so that it all fits together nicely and aligns well.

Guy Simcock

Intuitive and highly recommended.

Reviewed 2016-04-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Great guidance notes and examples for each step/module make this an education as well as tool.

John Lynch

Fantastic Product

Reviewed 2012-01-19

I really like Liveplan and I still do as I'm using it on a regular basis. Very easy to use, tons of examples in all the sections which is really helpful. I was able to share the plan with my colleague without giving him my login details which I found quite useful as my colleague is located abroad. The price!!! I looked around and I think this app beats the others I looked at in terms of price for what is offered. Also the examples were a pro and definitely the financials. I hadn't a clue how to do them previously so that was a big help.

Kelly Warner-Camarata

Love this product!! Not sure how we survived without it.

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-06-07

Cost effective. Professional business plan presentations. Very easy to use- just input your company details and it produces a professional plan you are able to present to others. I really like the financial forecasting and budgeting piece of the program.

Anonymous

Business forecast on a whole new level

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-12-04

Its a perfect tool to forecast and plan business financial data. It has a lot of configurations for you to input different types of revenues and expenses. Set your initial balances and even configure EOY taxes. For startups this tool is extremely useful as it will help you forecast the first 1-2 years of operation with ease.

Great business plan software

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-10-16

Fanstastic software that allows you to create a business plan step by step and offer you hints and tricks. Makes beautiful presentations!

Dave

Terrible Support...

Reviewed 2013-09-16

Nearly impossible to get good support.. And nearly impossible to cancel the account once you decide to do so.. Good vision.

Brant Pallazza

Like this product alot

Reviewed 2015-04-06

I Update my business plan annually. I like the fact that I can "suspend" the monthly billing when I am not actively working on the plan. Saves me a ton of money.

Tim Schlabach

Excited about LivePlan features!

Reviewed 2019-01-25

I haven't been using LivePlan long, but I have set up my company's financial expectations and goals, and am really happy with the user-friendly, yet comprehensive setup of this software. I believe it will go a long way in assisting me to create a long-term, realistic financial plan for my business!I really like all the integrated charts and graphs to help me clearly envision the current status of my financial goals!

seems like a scam

Used other for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-20

This depends on if I get my refund or not.Well, the price seemed too good to be true, but I signed up anyway. Withing five minutes of signing up with my credit card and watching a couple lackluster videos and trying to find what I needed, I decided this wasn't for me. I proceeded to cancel, but it appears I cannot get my money back and I must wait one month for my subscription to cancel. How easy they taketh, but how difficult to returnth.