LivePlan Reviews

10 reviews & ratings from the GetApp Community

User ratings

Rating summary

Verified Reviewer  23rd of December, 2015

Absolutely the stand-out business plan writing / sales forcasting / start-up tool available.

I've checked out no fewer than 10 other options. This is by far the most simple, the most user friendly, and the most feature-rich option out there. It's not only the cleanest and best-working (no bugs!), but it actually gives you the tools you need to cover a wide variety of business planning needs. Given the range of functionality (for example, you can do month-by-month sales forecasting for 36 months at the basic price level - something that most other services charge you an arm and a leg to upgrade tiers to gain access to), no other software comes close to this. And the final output of the business plan is SO CLEAN. A nice variety of example plans are available, and the "guided" element of going step-by-step is really actually helpful (instead of prohibitive, as I've found some guided software just takes you too far away from what you should really be focusing your time on).

Pros: Price is very affordable Extremely rich feature set Very flexible Easiest and cleanest user interface Fantastic examples Rich and clean output

Cons: This software really only seems to lack a timeline option - you can't custom map a gantt chart for your project timeline. I had to go to another piece of software to get this element in place. But I used LivePlan for the rest of the business plan.

Less than 6 months

4 of 4 people found this review helpful
A verified reviewer
Verified Reviewer  22nd of December, 2015

A revalation

I've been using this with my accountant for a couple of months. It is intuitive to use and enormously thought provoking. The structured layout speeds up and stimulates. Highly, highly recommended.

Pros: Ease of use and guidance notes.

Cons: I haven't found it sooner.

Less than 6 months

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

7th of October, 2013

I completed my business plan in about a week

Excellent and easy to use!! I completed my business plan in about a week. The bank was impressed by the business plan and I secured my loan. With my initial plan complete, I now have a "compass" to constantly refer back to to keep me on track for growth and remind me of great ideas I intend to pursueThank you so much!

6 of 6 people found this review helpful

3rd of October, 2013

one of the most professional business plans tool out there

Business Plan Pro was definitely a major part in me getting an unsecured loan for the business. The bank said it was one of the most professional business plans they had seen.

3 of 3 people found this review helpful

16th of September, 2013

Terrible Support...

Nearly impossible to get good support.. And nearly impossible to cancel the account once you decide to do so..

Pros: Good vision.

Response from Palo Alto Software

Hi Dave,

We're very sorry that you were not satisfied with our customer support. Our team here in Oregon strives to provide direct and quick support for any of our customers needs, via phone, chat, online, and email communication. I'd like to personally offer to follow-up to help alleviate your issues.

Based on our call records, we see that someone from your company was able to get through with a question about account cancellation, and successfully cancelled the account less than an hour later. If there's anything else we can do to provide even better support, we would appreciate the opportunity to provide what you need.

In general, from the LivePlan tool to our individual customer service interactions, we make it our mission to help small businesses succeed. Again, we hate to hear of your difficulty, and hope to quickly and conveniently solve your issues.

Thanks, and we hope to hear an update soon, Dave,

--The LivePlan Tem

10 of 11 people found this review helpful

20th of January, 2013

It helped me create a precise plan

I needed to write a business plan for my investors. I was going nuts trying to create charts and properly format them. Then a friend recommended LivePlan! The financials were so easy to use and I liked knowing the calculations were all correct. It helped me create a precise plan to confidently share with investors

5 of 5 people found this review helpful

20th of February, 2012

Simple and easy to use

LivePlan is incredibly simple and easy to use. The financial sales forecasting tool is very intuitive and makes writing a business plan more fun. I would highly recommend this product to anybody starting a business or revising their business plan

2 of 3 people found this review helpful

19th of January, 2012

Fantastic Product

I really like Liveplan and I still do as I'm using it on a regular basis. Very easy to use, tons of examples in all the sections which is really helpful. I was able to share the plan with my colleague without giving him my login details which I found quite useful as my colleague is located abroad.

Pros: The price!!! I looked around and I think this app beats the others I looked at in terms of price for what is offered. Also the examples were a pro and definitely the financials. I hadn't a clue how to do them previously so that was a big help.

Cons: Nothing I really disliked about it to be honest.

6 of 6 people found this review helpful