Bitwarden

The Most Trusted Open Source Password Manager for Business

Bitwarden Reviews

Juan Manuel C.

And of course keeping other details like credit card info. Its nice that the browser extension asks on new sites with log-in whether you want to save this too or "never ask for this site.

Konrad Ł.

Cons

I am concerned about losing my password because it can be a huge problem not having it since it´s almost impossible to access Bitwarden vault again witout it.

Juan A.

They filled out everything about who you were signing into. So what you did was useless.

Susan L.

I regularly have problems updating to the next version using the update prompts within the software. For this reason, I download updates directly from the website.

Mark A.

4.7

Once I knew about this LastPass alternative, I never tried any other alternative!

My experience has been awesome since day one I tried it! The transition from LastPass to Bitwarden was done very quickly and just like that I switched to this one without any issues, also I get used to the UI/UX very quickly, as iin any case t isn't difficult to understand it either. I highly recommend this tool!

Pros

This is the best alternative for LastPass I've ever found and I love the fact that it is open-source! After LastPass changed their terms for Free users I started to see for similar tools as an alternative that would fit my needs, then I started to saw a lot of opinions and reviews over the internet, so I tried it and immediately loved it! Also the transition from LastPass to Bitwarden was very smooth and quickly! After 2 mins all of my passwords were imported successfully to Bitwarden, I highly recommend this one!

Cons

Probably the UI/UX could improve a bit more, other than that this product is awesome! Actually, a refreshed UI/UX would just be a plus, as the service itself totally worth it!

A great surprise! Perfect!

I've been a LastPass user for a long time, and honestly, I was in a comfort zone and have never searched for an alternative, but since they put some limitations on the free account I found BitWarden and I'm pretty glad about that! It's perfect! I use it every single day and it helps me a lot! It's for sure the best (at least free) password manager! Highly recommend!

Pros

BitWarden has everything you need in a password manager! It's easy to use and straightforward. I've been a user of another application for a long time, but I'm glad I found BitWarden because it's perfect! The browser extension works great and the mobile app do what it's supposed to do. Highly recommend!

Cons

I would recommend some improvements on the mobile app UI/UX. It do what is supposed to do, but I think a better UI would give BitWarden some extra points.

Good tool for passwords across different platforms

Moved from LastPass which became paying. Bitwarden has similar features for free but not as user intuitive.

Pros

Syncs passwords across Windows and Android devices, easy to create new passwords, secured on Android by finger print

Cons

Sometimes end up with multiple entries for the same site, name of site copied by bitwarden is not always accurate, doesn't auto fill always

Extremely Impressed By the Free Product

BitWarden helps to configure and manage secure credentials on all of the sites that I use. It is highly recommended.

Pros

After the Password Manager that I previously used switched to a more expensive pricing model, I decided to try BitWarden and I am glad that I did. It has all the security and password management functions I was looking for, including 2FA for account login.

Cons

It very rarely happens, but sometimes username and password forms cannot be filled as expected. There is a very rare problem and doesn't happen nearly enough to impact my opinion on the product.

Great FREE open source password manager with similar functionalities to the paid competitors'

Does all that I need it to do and more, I will definitely be using if for years to come.

Pros

- Simple, intuitive, easy to use software that has a great security reputation (open source!) so you can sleep well at night knowing your passwords are safe - Wide compatibility between iOS, Mac, Android, Windows, different browsers etc meaning you can easily access your passwords anywhere - Supports biometrics meaning you can quickly log in and access your passwords - Extra features like secured notes, password generator, autofill etc which are all added value in a free software - Small annual fee to support developers will also grant you extra features, but these are just extras and not necessary

Cons

- Password generation could be more smooth so that it autofills, instead of having to copy the generated password and then after x amount of seconds the clipboard clears due to security measures and then you've lost your newly generated password. I would prefer it autofilling the newly generated password - On Android app, be able to select passwords directly in the field instead of having to enter the vault and select them there, fewer steps would make it even quicker

Come from LastPass and was hooked

Pros

I tried many password managers and the free version of Bitwarden is no doubt the best. The migration process from LastPass was seamless and there only a few features that I miss here.

Cons

It's not bad, but I can't make the Android app work as well as LastPass did. The autofill and autosave doesn't work as expected, but in 80% of the cases it's good enough and in these 20% situations the copy + paste solves the problem.

Uncluttered and Secure

Bitwarden quickly became my password manager of choice. The browser add-on is quickly accessible and I can fill in passwords with a minimum of fuss. An excellent free option and much better than my previous paid software.

Pros

Bitwarden has a clear and easy to navigate interface. It enables easy access to passwords without distracting from higher priority tasks. Its simplicity is its strength.

Highly Secure, Flexible, and Easy to Use

Trusted solution that I have relied upon for over a year. I can provide access to others in my family.

Pros

Great free plan to get started. Easy to understand how it protects your passwords. Browser extension and phone app make it easy to access anywhere without compromising security. Easy import/export.

Cons

I wish the Bitwarden business model charge some small fee for the entry tier of service. It seems like they offer too much for free, which is a concern for continued operation.

Current Best Password Manager

Bitwarden does what it sets out to do really well as a password manager. Being open-sourced means greater security as anyone can check the codes and report any potential issues, bugs or exploits. This is really important as you have to trust the software to keep your valuable information safe and sound, something not all of its competitors can provide.

Pros

Bitwarden is an open-sourced password manager that lets you remember and manage the many different logins you have. It lets you generate complex passwords that are difficult to guess even for other computers, which means greater account security and in the event that one of your password does get leaked, none of your other accounts will be compromised since you should already be using different passwords for different sites.

Cons

The greatest hassle of using Bitwarden is that you'll need to manually click on the Bitwarden extension icon to start the auto-fill process, something which other competitors may have better ways to deal with this.

Use this instead of LastPass

I switched to it due to LastPass's new limitations, is OpenSource you can install it on your own servers and manage your own key management system, is cheap, and has a ton of features, the same as LastPass.

Pros

Its free version offers the same as the previous LastPass plan, you can use it in both Mobile and PCs, pricing is much cheaper, the android App is not as buggy as LastPass.

Cons

The UI could be better, there are some quirks but you can move around them easily, Its design is not as nice as LastPass.

The Only Password Manager You Should Be Using

I have nothing but great things to say about Bitwarden. I have tried many password managers and while most I tried were usable, they didn't feel complete, either because of the feature set or because of the pricing. Once I found Bitwarden, I haven't wanted to look anywhere else since.

Pros

-Price -Features I mean, those are really the two main points people look for when determining their password manager, right? The price is unbeatable; if you're just using it for yourself, it's free. Free gets you every creature comfort feature you would pay top dollar for elsewhere, such as multi-device syncing and apps across all of your devices. The features are second to none. They have everything...

Cons

Honestly? Nothing. Even if you need to pay for their premium packages, they're dirt cheap, coming in at $10/year for an individual or $40/year for 6 people.

The best place to store your keys

My experience with the program is very good, it helps me to remember the passwords on a daily basis and it helped me a lot to start using secure passwords in my accounts. The option to autocomplete the password is very convenient. I feel that in this way I am not only using better keys, but that I have them portable and in a safe place

Pros

It is a very intuitive program, easy to install because you can use it from the desktop, the web browser or from the cell phone. It has very interesting functions such as the generation of secure keys, being able to export all your saved data or, for example, being able to create sections of different keys and also create shared folders to share keys. The self-locking system is very interesting for those people who may suffer the risk of being left open. In the case of the cell phone, you can unlock it with your fingerprint without the need to use the master key, so it makes it very comfortable to use.

Cons

The most important against that I find, which at the same time is its greatest point, is that once you forget the password, you have no chance of recovering the account. This can be a great advantage if you are neat and have the keys well stored or a big problem if you did not save the key correctly. But this is more of a problem for the user than for the application itself.

Sharing and self-hosting, at a winning price point

After using Keepass for years, the need to share customer credentials in case of the "hit-by-a-bus" scenario led me to search for a solution. Bitwarden had the self-host and open source features I sought. Have been running a BW server in Docker for over a year, and most of my customers now have read-only access to their subset of my password database.

Pros

Bitwarden has been audited for code security. The pricing model is very fair and affordable by almost anyone. And you can self-host if you have the need to keep all your data internal. Passwords can be organized into folders, and shared as collections with privileges set by user. You can store credit cards as well. It has an extension or app for every major platform, and auto-fills logins on web pages and in phone apps. It also supports 2FA.

Cons

Setting up users to share collections is a little complicated. It could use a little work on user management - admin should be able to reset user passwords.

Central tool

Feels good having a reliable way to manage strong passwords. I've gotten to interface with some of their devs and they seem like a great bunch trying to make a great product. I have faith in the long term viability and success of integrating this product into everything we do.

Pros

Works well, security first development mentality, constantly improving. Other than an initial learning curve of integrating a proper password manager into my networked life, it's one of those things I kind of forget that I'm even using.

Cons

Security key on mobile is still "soon". Growing pains means difficulty prioritizing feature requests with a smaller team. Some edge cases can result in surprises, but nothing I couldn't fix with history. Biggest complaint is around prompting to save or update credentials. Seems like many websites don't follow conventions or standards and Bitwarden does not have as comprehensive of exceptions as some alternatives.

Bitwarden is both very capable and reasonably priced

Since moving to Bitwarden I've been very pleased with the experience. Importing from the old password manager product was quick and seamless. I was up and running in no time with a U2F hardware key as a second authentication factor. The little touches like adding custom fields and additional URIs to a login are great.

Pros

One standout feature for me is the ability to use things like base domain and regular expresions to match login URIs. With logins you can also add custom fields to be filled - particularly useful for something like an AWS login, where you need to provide an account ID as well as the typical username and password. The password generator also supports passphrases which is another great addition. Granular controls on password policies and minimum

Cons

The way attachments are handled needs a rethink. Creating and saving a note before editing it in order to add a file isn't a nice experience. A new category alongside notes would improve this. I feel the interface could do with some modernisation but that's obviously subjective. Overall it does feel like an efficient product.

A great free password manager

This software has an import process that works very well. If you already have logins and passwords for other services, it's very easy to import and organize them without much difficulty. It is also possible to organize all your passwords in folders, facilitating future consultations.

Pros

The free version of this software is very good, as it allows saving passwords directly in the browser and automatically syncing them to the Android phone. It is also possible to add small notes, bank credentials or any other information in text mode easily.

Cons

On some sites, this software does not automatically save the creation of a new login and password, and you have to add it manually. In some situations he wants to re-save a login and password that were previously added. It does not have a password resend option, but it does have the master password hint option.

Best Free Password Manager

I would definitely recommend using password manager to everyone as using different password for each service improves your security a lot. And Bitwarden is one of the best on the market. I used 3 different tools for this and I stay with Bitwarden :)

Pros

Works on every platform, including mobile. It integrates really well with all popular browsers. It has also integration with mobile keyboards, which makes logging to websites on the phone super easy. Using password manager improves your security a lot.

Cons

There is no option to set a keyboard shortcut to fill in forms in web browsers. But this is only tiny detail.

Ottimo gestore di password

Utilizzato vari gestori di password ma con bitwarden mi trovo meglio.

Pros

Prodotto di facile utilizzo in tutte le piattaforme (PC; APP; WEB), già la versione gratuita è ricca di funzionalità e permette di recuperare facilmente tutte le password memorizzate in sicurezza. Avvisi chiari sulla qualità delle password utilizzate e ottima organizzazione per la loro gestione.

Cons

Nei primi utilizzi non risulta subito intuitivo, soprattutto se le password sono associate allo stesso sito, ma ci si abitua facilmente.

Outstanding product in all areas

Password accessibility through other programs! No phone support; but they answer email requests the fastest I have ever witnessed.

Pros

The ability to Interact through all software packages, saving time by not having to continue changing at every turn

Cons

No phone support! Quick response from email requests!

Bitwarden: The Best Option

Bitwarden became and will stay the best option in password management because of its high-level encryption, seamless transition between mobile and PC, and because it's entirely free.

Pros

One of the pros is how easy it is to switch from other password managers to Bitwarden and have all your passwords carry over. The biggest pro is that this software is completely free and open-source, making it a more affordable option compared to more popular managers.

Cons

The only con is that the app feels a little unpolished/glitchy at times when compared to bigger and more developed password managers, making it harder to use.

Strong Security for free

Pros

It allows you to use both desktop and mobile versions at the same time and has exceptional support for generating strong unique passwords

Cons

There's nothing about the software that I dislike

Software di archiviazione password

L'ho utilizzato dopo che LastPass è passato alla versione a pagamento. Al momento mi trovo bene nell'utilizzo quotidiano.

Pros

Bitwarden consente di memorizzare sia con App per smartphone sia con App desktop le password dei siti internet. Trovo molto utile la funzionalità di import per migrare da altri software simili.

Cons

La versione per Mac secondo me potrebbe essere migliorata in quanto ho riscontrato alcuni piccoli bug durante l'utilizzo, niente di grave ma che si poteva evitare.

Great password manager

Great product, works well in desktop and mobile, does the job

Pros

Features like: Chrome plugin, password generator, search, mobile app, excluded domains, all work as required.

Cons

Being picky here, but a better autofill button with cleaner selection in cases there are multiple logins for the same item

A brilliant Open Source Password Manager

Very good overall. Using this as a team has worked well and the apps are stable.

Pros

The price was the initial thing which attracted me to this solution. There are a whide range of apps for all platfroms. All seem very stable. Features such as the TOTP token generator are really useful to have. The new sharing features are really welcome as that was a big issue before and this solves it nicely.

Cons

If you forget your master password, there is absolutely no way to get in. I understand this is to keep the vaults secure as possible. Luckily the emergency contacts feature helps to resolve this issue but it could be an issue if you were working alone.

Best confidential data keeper for easy and secure access of important data

Using regularly for storing confidential data and utterly satisified.

Pros

1. Can store all of my passwords at a single location. Just need to remember one master password. 2. Biometric security 3. Great unique templates according to the requirements like for credit cards, fields available are cvv, cars no, expiry whereas for bank accounts different ones 4. Locks your accounts for security if wrong password multiple times 4. Auto fill feature

Cons

1. UI can be made a bit more engaging and alive 2. Some more templates or integrations with companies for direct auto fill would be awesome