Cloudflare Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.16/10

Reviews by rating

Cloudflare t is an excellent tool that helps developers with many things such as DNS or SSL certifications. It is very easy to use and some of its tools are free or paid.
I am an absolute fan of Cloudflare because of a few reasons. They offer so much in their freemium plan that it seems too good to be true and to me honestly that has been their best selling point.
Only time there has been a problem is when Cloudflare has an outage. Every service has to go down, though.
I dislike how confusing the pricing is. I wish it was more transparent.
I only really had disappointing experiences with Cloudflare.

Greg G.

Operations Fellow

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

SSL for Free

Transcript

Greg G.: Hey, I'm Greg, I'm a full stack developer. I give CloudFlare a four out of five and for more...

Josh C.

Web Designer and Automator

Internet, self-employed

Best CDN I know of!

Transcript

Josh: Hi. My name is Josh. I'm the owner of a web design company. I would give Cloudflare a five. For...

Michelangelo C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Best CDN ever

The best CDN ever, really. I have nothing else to say.

Pros

I can only say positive things about Cloudflare: it is fast, very easy to set up, never gives problems, it helps you even when the site temporarily goes out of service, you do not need assistance because you already know that you will not have big problems. All this is free (unless you need some specific options that you will pay dearly)

Cons

I would have only two details to say: When you add the site in Cloudflare, he goes to scan all the possible subdomains and, if he receives the famous answer 200 (so that the page, and consequently the subdomain, exists) he will automatically add it. What does it mean? Some hosting always give a positive answer, even if the subdomain doesn't exist. In this case CF will create hundreds of non-existent DNS records to be deleted one by one (because it does not provide for bulk deletion) Second thing is that unfortunately it does not plan to have dedicated IPs, even in the high paying plans.

MJ

Megan J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great free CDN

I started using Cloudflare after learning how CDNs could improve site speed. My site speed wasn't great and I had tried literally everything else so I figured it was time to try a CDN. I did a lot of research and Cloudflare seemed to be the best and most secure network. Although it didn't improve my site speed, I still had an overall good experience with it. If I ever went back to using a CDN for reasons other than site speed, I would choose Cloudflare again.

Pros

The free plan is great for small to medium-sized websites. It has all you need at no cost! Customer service is excellent. I reached out to them several times because I had questions about the setup process and they always got back to me very fast.

Cons

It is not the most user-friendly software. It's complicated to set up and takes some time to learn your way around it. It also did not improve my site speed by much. I installed Cloudflare mainly to improve my site speed but the improvement was very small.

Angelica C.

Internet, self-employed

It used to be a lot better

It served me well for a very long period, but it never mitigated any of my DDoS attacks. It did helped me when managing DNS was a pain in the ass. BUt eventually I found out that it was slowing my website. Since I moved away from it and got separate services to do what CF used to (DNS, protection, analytics), I got way better services and faster sites.

Pros

It sure makes managing your sites's DNS and main configurations handy by centralizing them. It offers nice redirection features and a whole bunch of features like apps and protection, cdn, etc.

Cons

But the service has been packing so many features that though it looks like advantage when it's not.

WS

Wil S.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Must have for modern websites

Great firewall and security suite for websites even on the free plan

Pros

Offers many forms of protection and features that can be added to an existing website without modifying code

Cons

The UI takes a bit of getting used to to find everything

CS

Clifton Snyder M.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

An absolute reliable and capable tool!

Overall, Cloudflare has proven to be an exceptional ally in managing and securing our networks. Its robust features, user-friendly interface, and reliable performance make it a go-to tool for network administrators like me. I'm grateful for the peace of mind and enhanced control it brings to our digital infrastructure, allowing us to focus on what truly matters—driving our business forward.

Pros

Cloudflare apart is its robust security measures. With a wide range of security features, including DDoS protection, web application firewall, and SSL encryption, it acts as a formidable shield, warding off potential threats and keeping our systems safe from malicious attacks. The peace of mind that comes with knowing our network is fortified by such a reliable and capable tool is truly invaluable.

Cons

In all honesty, based on my experience, I haven't been able to find any drawbacks or cons when it comes to Cloudflare's services. It has consistently exceeded my expectations and delivered outstanding performance

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

One of the best Product for CDN and Security

We are using cloudflare for DNS management, WAF and caching.The product is very easy to useIt is extensively customizableDocumentation is available API is easy to useIntegration is very easyWorkers are available Strong user communityProduct functionality and performanceStrong services expertiseDNS managementCan modify request and response headers

Pros

Cons

Sometimes there are false positivesTo use the workers one needs to know about javascript

Onur P.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Cloudflare Review

My overall experience with Cloudflare is good. It's a great tool, helps us a lot with our website. Also it has security capabilities as well.

Pros

We are serving our visual content (images, videos) from Cloudflare endpoints. After integrating Cloudflare with our website as Content Delivery Network, our website's load speed increased dramatically.

Cons

Customer support of Cloudflare can be better. Since it's a very vital service in IT ecosystem, I believe they should have immediate support that we can reach from the webpage.

Carlos Jose A.

Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees

Cloudflare

Pros

I use it for my website and is free, I have a secure website SSL

Cons

I only have one email address and I have a lot of spam and a lot of bad emails coming from my same email address, not good

IB

Ida Bagus Ketut Y.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Cloudflare Warp as VPN protection when browsing the internet

Im very happy with Cloudflare specially for the WARP DNS, i can search the internet faster and secure at the same time

Pros

Im using the VPN everyday for browsing the internet, it makes my internet browsing run faster and secure at the same time

Cons

Sometime the WARP DNS/VPN making some of my game lagging and some of site that can't be visited when the VPN is on

TO

Thomas O.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Fast Delivery

Pros

The CDN delivers as promised. I use the enterprise option as an add on for my small business site. Performance is fast.

Cons

Happy customer. Nothing to complain yet.

MD

Matt D.

Computer Software, self-employed

Cloudflare is the best DNS proxy there is.

I love Cloudflare and every issue I have found has been amendable in one way or another, for this reason my overall experience has been amazing!

Pros

Cloudflare offers such a large range of tools, it is so useful for all websites. Load balancing to SSL, they really do have all I have ever needed. The ability to manage the DNS for all of my domains from one place has always been extremely useful. Their proxy functions to enable always HTTPS and SSL security certificates allows me to ensure that my website never displays as anything other than a secure...

Cons

Unfortunately Cloudflare does have it's negatives, but everything does. It's disappointing that there is not a way to reverse the email forwarding back by sending a response through the forwarder to use the branded address, although I am aware there are workarounds for this. The error pages for server errors and suspicious activity also often aren't the best looking but they are functional nonetheless.

Pedro B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

great resource for website security

I actually use the tool on my websites, and since I set it up on my domains, I haven't had any problems with proxies or firewalls or anything like that. Mus sites are working perfectly and all with SSL up to date and secure. And until today I haven't had to pay for a plan, however... it's something I'm thinking about doing out of reciprocity and to increase my resources. The fast acting ability of cloudflare is very good. Quality of this tool in providing great usability features for me has made me feel secure in relation to my sites.

Pros

I've seen fast tools in my life, but cloudflare is to be congratulated, after I changed the old DNS of my sites to Cloudflare, I didn't have any more problems with my sites crashing, they were always down. I receive constant messages to improve my sites, in case of attacks I can activate an extra java script security against hackers and other network invaders. And the sites were much faster to access. I don't pay anything to use the tool and I still have exclusive resources to analyze my domains. Like for example analyzing the size of the traffic I am developing.

Cons

I have no cons to mention here, just an addendum, about support, if you need help, you will only have questions already asked by other people and answered by cloudflare. However, if you really need to talk to an expert, it is no longer possible with a free plan. At least I never did. But that's no reason to attack the company and tool, it's more than useful to be able to use it for free. So, for the rest I have nothing to complain about the tool. It's amazing.

Manish Singh B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Enhancing Website Security, Performance, and Reliability: A Positive Experience with Cloudflare

Cloudflare is well-regarded as a comprehensive solution for enhancing website security, performance, and reliability. Also, it's free SSL for beginner's websites.

Pros

Cloudflare offers a comprehensive suite of security services, including DDoS protection, web application firewall, bot management, SSL/TLS encryption, etc. These features help to protect websites and applications from a range of threats, including hacking attempts, malware, and phishing scams.Cloudflare's global network of data centres and content delivery network (CDN) can improve website and application performance by reducing latency and delivering content faster. Cloudflare's load balancing and caching features can also help to distribute traffic across multiple servers, improving overall performance and availability.Cloudflare's user interface is intuitive and user-friendly, making it easy for businesses to set up and manage their security, performance, and reliability services.

Cons

While Cloudflare offers a free tier with basic features, more advanced features and services are expensive. I am concerned about the amount of data Cloudflare collects about my websites, particularly if they handle sensitive or confidential information.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Got website? you need cloudflare!

Simply amazing the protection helps every website we own or create safe from attackers the analytics helps us to organize our server origins to increase page load. rocket loader always on for our nodejs apps and the page rules are simply awesome. I feel like if i write about every feature there is i will end up writing an entire book about cloudflare. Just give it a try if you haven't that is, you will be blown away with the usablity and features.

Pros

every features from DDoS protection to latest introduced workers. I highly like the felxible SSL and don't forget the DNS with proxy featuring CDN locations in every location of the world increasing the page loading time by a big margin. I don't remember when i start using Cloudflare but i am sure it's around 2014 and god i just love this, i can manage DNS for every DNS i own from single dashboard. The analytics and threat prevention WAF are like the essentials for every website we create.

Cons

nothing apart from the cheapest plan being not so cheapest and the load balacer are somewhat costly if you consider the origin being the same. Apart from these things i said earlier i love cloudflare and will keep using it's free CDN unless i am forced to move out.

VJ

Viktoria J.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

An effective solution to keep your website secure and fast

I use Cloudflare to protect and cache all of the websites I ever made for my company or for our clients. Primarily we use it for caching, which sped up our websites by a factor of 10. We also use it to gather information on bandwidth usage, and to make sure we are protected from attacks we can always use it to put our websites in defensive modes. It is an amazing tool I would recommend to everyone working on websites who needs a good cache system.

Pros

The sheer number of features offered by Cloudflare is astonishing! Even if you use it primarily for the cache, it is still an amazing tool that gives a lot and asks for just a little. There are no websites that I run that are not on Cloudflare and I plan on keeping it that way.

Cons

The clean cache button is hidden in a tab while it should not be. It feels like it was put there just to encourage people to pay for the service as the first tab that opens is the one that offers a paid for service and contains only a sentence and a button. I hated when they did that and hope they soon fix it. It feels like a cheap cash grab and does not feel like it belongs to such a respectable and high-quality service.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Best way to get SSL + CDN for free!

Absolutely amazing CDN, SSL and best free solution to speed up your website to get a better ranking on google. so don't even think about it. just use it. you have my word :)

Pros

I love Cloudflare, it gives you what you're looking for without charging you anything. If you need to speed up your website by using content delivery network (CDN) you should try Cloudflare. It also gives you free SSL certificate for one year and it keeps renew your license itself every year. This is fantastic right? I actually use it on all the websites I design and I didn't see any platform doing it like Cloudflare.

Cons

One problem is the IP address. I know it's free but still! when I look up the IP addresses that Cloudflare provide, sometimes I see high risk IP addresses. I hope they monitor these better in the future. Another problem is the cache, sometimes my websites doesn't load properly and I get back and forth on Wordpress and WP Rocket but the real problem is that I have to come back to Cloudflare and purge everything in cache in order to make it work again.

mohamed I.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Cloudflare Review

Pros

Stopping SPAM POSTS: Cloudflare reviews all communications and browsing processes that take place on your site .. If you suffer from the problem of annoying comments, you will find Cloudflare helps you greatly to reduce the volume of annoying comments .. while prohibiting the owners of annoying comments. Do not worry, as CloudFlare shows a CAPTCHA for the banned visits .. If the visitor is a human,...

Cons

While it speeds up your website, it will sometimes add a second loading screen for security verification purposes. This may cause some delay, and users may have to wait a few seconds and sometimes it can also display a CAPTCHA page asking users to prove that they are human.

Geoffrey C.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great for Admins!

It is a huge time saver when you have to manage lots of one-off sub domains. For trivial sites it reduces system administration work. The caching service is also useful.

Pros

I like that I can use the reverse proxy to apply an ssl certificate. This saves me immense amounts of time. Before Cloudflare, I would be presented with a random cloud server with something hacked together by a developer on it, and told "We need this live before tomorrow." I would then go about trying to get credentials so I could install the certificate. Now, I can just point a domain at an ip and assign a subdomain and ssl cert without ever having to log into a server.

Cons

The Ip addresses it uses for the reverse proxy all have to be whitelisted. Since I don't have a private Ip address that is just mine, I cannot use the reverse proxy for certain production servers. If the traffic comes through cloudflare's porxy service, you lose the source unless you change your application to consume a header they attach.

RE

Ryan E.

11-50 employees

A Free Plan Offering Premium Features

The main reason we first started using CloudFlare within our business was to upgrade all of our sites to SSL effortlessly, in preparation for the new Google HTTPS stricter rules. CloudFlare served this function perfectly, saving us money on advanced SSL certificates as well as time on installing these certificates manually. Since then, we have explored the other features of CloudFlare and impressed has been an understatement. As stated earlier, the benefits of CloudFlare are simply astonishing for a free product.

Pros

The free plan on CloudFlare is simply unbelievable value. For the low cost of nothing, you gain a world class CDN system which offers enterprise level security that rivals many premium, high cost solutions. The variety of features is astonishing too, with free SSL certificates, caching services and advanced analytics included also with the free plan.

Cons

It's hard to fault CloudFlare, but if I were to criticise something it would be that many of the caching features cause severe breakage to a site. For example, whenever I enable the Rocket Loader my WordPress sites are always broken in some form. However, beggars can't be choosers and these issues can simply be averted by not enabling this feature.

BT

Boris T.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing CDN and great protection for your website

We use Cloudflare for caching and CDN primarily, but are also very happy with its DDoS attack protection. All the customers we introduce to Cloudflare are absolutely amazed by how much it improves their website and how well it behaves once behind CDN and solid caching, just by using the free version. Most of them switch to the paid version later on.

Pros

Everything in Cloudflare is amazing and useful for all the websites I make. If I had to pick and choose I would be hard pressed to choose between the CDN and caching. Both work wonders in improving your website speed, which Google rewards with better positioning, and customers reward with longer retention. The best part - basic features are free to use!

Cons

Some of the options are not available in the free version and those options are pricey. Other than that, I have nothing I don't like about Cloudflare. Using the free version is enough for basic protection and caching and that works like a charm.

Imran H.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Best way to secure and speed up your website worldwide

Cloudflare does its job very efficiently like no other tools out there. They offer a vast number of useful services. I have had a very delightful experience using Cloudflare. Cloudflare also offers some premium level features in their free plan.

Pros

Cloudflare has a lot of tools to help boost the site's security and reach worldwide, CDN, SSL, and DDoS features are the most useful feature I appreciate.

Cons

Cloudflare offers a vast number of features and tweaks, for beginners sometimes it could be a little difficult to understand and implement a feature.

AM

Antonio M.

The best CDN available

If you need a CDN, look no further. Cloudflare has your back. You can also optimize your website for faster loading just by pressing a few toggles in their interface. The interface is clean and nice, and very friendly to use. We have all of our websites and all of the websites we made behind Cloudflare, and I can't imagine how it would be without it. In one case it sped up the load time by a factor of six.

Pros

The basic version of Cloudflare is free and yet does more than some other paid for solutions. All of our pages are behind Cloudflare and it has saved us amazing amounts of bandwidth. We rely on it when our comics go live as we can get quite a number of people reading them simultaneously, and without Cloudflare caching it would be a disaster.

Cons

Nothing to put here, as I've only had amazing experience with Cloudflare. It is a tried and tested solution that just keeps on giving.

HD

Hashan D.

Animation, 1-10 employees

My Experience with Cloudflare

With cloudflare I was able to accelerate the speed of my website. I was also able to protect my website's data because cloudflare encrypted my data by a SSL certificate. And also I was able to grow my business with the help of cloudflare's analytical service.

Pros

Cloudflare is a web security flat form so I'm using it as the security provider for my website. The thing that I most like about Clouflare is the enhancement and acceleration of the speed of my website , at initially my website took more than 5 seconds to load but after I stated using Clouflare the loading speed increased to 1.2 seconds and it also helped me to grow my SEO. Another thing that I love...

Cons

In my experience I wasn't able to find any cons regarding cloudflare services because cloudflare team has developed cloudflare to the greatest point.

Adithya U.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Cost effective and the best CDN , DDOS mitigation provider

Pros

* Best and the market leader for providing CDN. * Servers CDN from many locations and is having the largest network of CDN servers. * Can protect against massive DDOS attacks. * Extremely easy to set up the basic CDN and DDOS protection. * Provides easy to use DNS editor to configure the domain. * We can set rules for routing and traffic management. * Block bad actors based on AI and incoming traffic. * Extremely cost effective and has the best free plan available. * Can serve the websites from cached versions in case of end point server outage.

Cons

* DDOS Mode if activated can cause captcha protection to appear for many legitimate users as well for initial load. This might deter or make them leave the site

Internet, 1-10 employees

Cloudflare is a must for anyone who has a website

We have been using Cloudflare for many years and will continue to use both the free and paid products offered by Cloudflare and its VPN service and free SSL.

Pros

Cloudflare is simply an amazing company with great products that keep all of our websites running smoothly. Before Cloudflare we was always struggling to keep our web servers online, now Cloudflare does all the heavy lifting for us.

Cons

I struggle to find anything negative about Cloudflare, but I do wish to learn more about using the Cloudflare products on our websites and in our business.