Cloudflare Reviews

Cloudflare

Performance & Security for Any Website

Cloudflare

Review Summary

Pros

Cloudflare is a great tool to secure and improve the performance of any website. It may not be the right fit for large scale apps, but for 90% of apps, Cloudflare is a must.

Jorgen P.

Brilliant value for money on the lower plans. Fantastic performance improvements with little effort.

Adds quality to website responsiveness. Great and responsive customer support.

Angelica C.

Installed it on a website that was getting too much strange traffic, and it toned down fake botnet traffic which helped on my server load a lot.

António S.

Alex T.

The best tool for web page security

Thanks to Cloudflare we have excellent security on the web pages, it works great and it is very easy to use it, the interface is excellent and easy to understand, totally happy with the results offered by this tool. and I would recommend to other people who use this service, since I use it there is excellent security and I can say that it is the best platform of this style and type that is why it is so successful and people use it.

Pros

It is a security tool for all the web pages that we manage, it offers excellent security and it offers free SSL certificate which is important so that each website visitor feels security and tranquility, also helps against DDOS attacks in an impressive way and is One of its strengths for which Cloudflare is known, its way of configuring is easy and the interface is simple and easy to handle. In addition to this it also has very good free options that all users can use.

Cons

I really have no complaints or I see significant problems, There are more solutions and utilities that Cloudflare gives than the problems that may arise in certain situations, if there is something to mention and that is when changing a configuration; these changes may take time to make, but basically it does not represent major problems since it is a safe and reliable tool that we can trust and ensure our safety.

One or the best CDNs!

Pros

The overall experience with them has been great. It’s not only simple to setup, but also they have a huge documentation library where you can get a lot of information: from them, compatibility with other softwares, best configurations, etc. The results you get by just getting their free plan are more than enough for small-medium companies. Also, they hace more than 150 servers around the world, so the performance results are really great, even comparing with some other paid services.

Cons

Nothing to add here. My overall experience was really good. I never had an issue or had to get in touch with support. When ever I had a doubt, I was able to solve them just by checking their documentation library.

It used to be a lot better

It served me well for a very long period, but it never mitigated any of my DDoS attacks. It did helped me when managing DNS was a pain in the ass. BUt eventually I found out that it was slowing my website. Since I moved away from it and got separate services to do what CF used to (DNS, protection, analytics), I got way better services and faster sites.

Pros

It sure makes managing your sites's DNS and main configurations handy by centralizing them. It offers nice redirection features and a whole bunch of features like apps and protection, cdn, etc.

Cons

But the service has been packing so many features that though it looks like advantage when it's not.

Cloudflare, security and performance deluxe

Cloudflare is many things. It gives us CDN functionality, reverse proxy, web application firewall and great flexibility when exposing applications over the internet. It boosts security to enterprise-grade with a very decent price model.

Pros

Easy to get started, offers a wide range of features for both security and performance for our applications. Works great with other cloud providers since Cloudflare is based on DNS.

Cons

There are some settings that can be a bit tricky to find and understand, but there is a great knowledgebase.

Solved me a GoDaddy DNS headache

Excellent. The situation was that I was building a landing page for a client. I needed to connect their domain to my funnel builder and my client already bought a domain with GoDaddy. I could not for the life of me point the domain properly. I even engaged GoDaddy support twice to help me resolve it (wasting hours). I had a tech-savvy friend who recommended I try to bypass GoDaddy by using CloudFlare. He walked me through somewhat on how to use it, and it worked like magic.

Pros

I loved the fact that it was free. I loved the fact that they solved a problem for me with GoDaddy making things super difficult (as they do).

Cons

Nothing not to like, I have not had much experience with it, but the single reason I signed up for a free account solved a massive headache for me.

Amazing services and only getting better

I run DNS for all my hosting business through Cloudflare. The base-level firewall and caching keeps so much traffic from reaching my servers out of the box that I don't know what I'd do without it. Once you add in manually-configured firewall rules and specific cache instructions, both malicious traffic and legit requests overloading my servers drops even further. The API integration also allows me to add firewall rules based on alerts about malicious activity that I receive from things like fail2ban on my servers. This pushes the IP blocking one step further away from a single server and also protects my entire network of servers and sites from a malicious IP that has triggered a report from one server/site in the newtork.

Pros

Really fast updates to zone records Amazing firewall and DDOS protection keep server load under control Edge cache speeds TTFB and keeps origin server bandwidth low JS Workers are AWESOME and come with a great free tier Great admin UI

Cons

I exclusively use the free tier for 40 domains and I really can't think of a single thing that CloudFlare could offer at this price that I could reasonably expect to get for free. I would be sunk without the free tier and am totally grateful for all they offer.

The Best Web Performance and Website Security Company

I have four top-level domain names, and the nameservers of all these websites are pointed to the cloudflare. Now the speed of my websites pages is really better and perfect. Now I feel that the content of my websites is really secure. I really like the incredible features of cloudflare like Page Rules, Analytics, DNS, SSL, Firewall and other options.

Pros

Cloudflare is a professional and famous platform, that allows you to improve the performance and speed of your website. You can use SSL security certificate option and there are lots of other features that are really useful and incredibly good for your website content. You can enable a lot of optimization option like image resizing, auto minify the javascript, css, and html.

Cons

I am using the Cloudflare and I have found it extraordinary best for my websites. Because now my users are really satisfied with the speed of my website. So according to my experience, there are no cons.

Cloudflare Boosts the Performance of Website

It is a marvelous tool. I believe that it is very safe and gives excellent protection with its firewall. I like that the website’s performance is improved with reguards to the speed with Cloudflare’s CND. The speed of the websiteis increased with the optimizating feature like Brotli compression for SSL.

Pros

Cloudflare is incredibly simple to install and operate. It gives fantastic security with its firewall and page rules which you can set at your convenience. There is a free tier service accessible. It boosts up the website performance with its CDN. I think that it is highly secure software to work. The domain can be set up very smoothly and DSN management is great.

Cons

The blocking operation of Cloudflare is great but it might prevent some honest users. The other issue is that if the website is huge 100MB upload for the free tier is very short. The analytics in Cloudflare is not satisfying as it does not show data in detail. Traffic records that the Cloudflare supply is very inadequate.

Complete CDN Solution for all online businesses

Overall, Cloudflare has helped us overcome some bad DDOS that has hit our clients recently. Thanks Cloudflare!

Pros

The things we like most from Cloudflare is it's FREE tier. Even if it's free it has almost everything you need to protect your domains from DDOS. Cloudflare has helped us stop every single DDOS attack! CDN performance is also up to standards.

Cons

It's not really a big deal but if you're on free tier you can't really Zone Cut your domains. We rely on another solution for that.

A Well Known Tool In Its Niche

I am not a heavy user of this tool but I am happy with its performance so far.

Pros

It has a tonnes of great features. The UI/ UX looks nice, and it is pretty easy for one to navigate inside the dashboard. Even the free version is already enough for many. API for ingteration with other tools is a plus point.

Cons

Because of its rich features, novice might find a bit overwhelming with so many configurations and settings. The documenttaion is not as helpful as it need to be.

Nearly every single site we set up gets run through CloudFlare because of it's security and control.

It's great knowing CloudFlare is protecting our site from DDOS attacks. Their caching features make pages load incredibly fast, and their javascript CDN makes our sites load even faster still. The instantly updated DNS settings eliminates any downtime, meaning our users never even notice the switch.

Pros

Once the nameservers are set up at the registrar to point to CloudFlare, DNS changes within CloudFlare are instantaneous. This is a huge deal when moving from one server to another. Having built-in SSL is another great way to provide peace of mind to our visitors. By essentially acting as a reverse proxy, it keeps our servers' IP addresses hidden from would-be attackers. Their bot and DDOS detection is legendary and their basic analytics are surprisingly helpful. A CloudFlare hosted CDN, cdnjs.com, has countless globally hosted scripts that make site building not only easier, but it also ensures the end results performs incredibly well. It's been years since I've set up a site that didn't have some CloudFlare feature built in.

Cons

I haven't had any luck with some of their automatic HTML/JS optimization features that involve rewriting the code. I can see how they would speed up page load, but I've often found they've broken my site. I don't really need that feature, so I'm not missing out, but if you're going to give it a try, make sure you test thoroughly, as you should be with any change made to a public server ;)

Massive gains with little effort or cost

Cloudflare can be categorized as an easy win. We have been using Cloudflare exclusively for almost all of our agency's clients for several years and cannot recommend them enough. It can be setup in under 30min and provide measurable results and improvements to a domain's performance and security immediately. * More performant and cost effective than Google Cloud, or Amazon AWS offerings. * Ranks #1 on DNSPerf.io * Winner of Network World's "Managed DNS Shootout" The most consistent barrier to adoption for a client is usually the client's I.T. department with arguments along the lines of "GoDaddy's nameservers are good enough.", fears of a product they don't have personal experience with, or a fear of giving up total control of DNS.

Pros

* Extremely easy to use * Performant * Extremely generous free tier * Security * UAC * Effortless SSL * Effortless CDN * Overall better UX

Cons

* Support is via a ticketing system and can be slow when you're utilizing their free plan.

Excellent software to accelerate the response of our website

This software is really useful since thanks to it we can provide our audience with a website or applications that are always available, that is, no matter where you are entering, you can always enter the website quickly because the workload is distributed on several servers, also the entry will always be safe because Cloudflare also stops those attacks that may impair the performance of that site.

Pros

I like Cloudflare a lot because it is a software that helps to accelerate the responses given by websites or applications so that when a visitor enters the site they do not have to go through a slow process to access them, and this is because It gives us balanced loads so that it is not a single server that carries out the work but is distributed on several servers, in addition to providing fast websites it is also able to protect them against threats and bots so before these attacks come and this software has stopped them and the best thing is that it not only protects our website but also its visitors as it sends them alerts that let them know that they are entering from an already infected computer so the easiest way to to avoid that is that he asks that they carry out a captcha.

Cons

One of the drawbacks with this software is that when making changes to the website, such changes may take time to be reflected since this software saves the content in a static way.

Highly recommended firewall / CDN for all web sites, plus there is a great Free tier as well!

Overall experience with Cloudflare was really positive and given it does have a free tier and offers quite a few diverse features around security & performance, I recommend this software to all customers.

Pros

Cloudflare does a lot of different things for a web site, two of the biggest benefits is security and performance (often two things that don't always go together). Security - Cloudflare can be used to hide your actually site IP address which helps deter attackers, as well as the packet inspection that Cloudflare does and discards some attacks on your site. You can also reach for an 'Attack Mode' button which adds a Javascript verification prior to loading your site which will deter all bot attacks on your site. In terms of performance, Cloudflare is a large CDN provider with PoP's (Point of Presence) across the globe, so having content cached around the world seriously helps with site speed. Plus, Cloudflare has a really great free tier plan as well!

Cons

There is quite a lot of options in the interface, so can take a bit to get around and get familiar with. Also forcing SSL can easily get your website into a redirect loop, but with patience and a bit of Googling you'll get to the right settings.

Cloudflare is a “must have”

I’ve been using website caching providers for about 7 years now, and switched to Cloudflare about 4 years ago. I have not once looked back. For the money, CloudFlare is by far the best caching solution on the market. I use it on two websites, each with different needs, and am able to achieve very affordably what would have been a pretty expensive configuration a decade ago. The automation in CloudFlare makes it simple for anybody to use them. I have a technical background, but many of my clients don’t, and I’m able to walk them through getting set up and running with CloudFlare with very short order. I see myself being a CloudFlare customer for years to come.

Pros

The Cloudflare interface is intuitive and the software is extremely simple to use. The “set it and forget it” functionality is amazing, as it serves very much as an autonomous coaching solution once properly configured. Sure, you’ll need to tweak it from time to time as your website needs change, but that process is inviting and easy, even for people with less technical background. I also love the value that you get in even the lower-tiered price points. The DNS management is a huge bonus as well.

Cons

It’s hard to say something bad about Cloudflare, but if I had to play devil’s advocate, I’d say that there are maybe a few features in the higher tier packages that I’d like to see in the entry level plan. Most users won’t feel this way though, as my particular needs are a little more specific than most.

All in One Solution for Website Speed and Security

Pros

The best feature about this software, in my opinion, is their trade marked Javascript delivery optimization mode: Rocket Loader. This feature enables asynchronous loading of all third party scripts loaded on your web page, drastically increase page load times. Our team enables this feature on each of our client's websites and always results in at least a 10% difference in page speed scores. Another...

Cons

The only annoyance I had while using this software was the 30 second delay when clearing the server cache. This is a very small issue since 30 seconds is certainly not a long time, but my patience is not great when attempting to debug or optimize page speeds. This problem can be solved by turning development mode on, but when this feature is on all optimization features are disabled, so optimizing page speeds is not possible.

Great for Admins!

It is a huge time saver when you have to manage lots of one-off sub domains. For trivial sites it reduces system administration work. The caching service is also useful.

Pros

I like that I can use the reverse proxy to apply an ssl certificate. This saves me immense amounts of time. Before Cloudflare, I would be presented with a random cloud server with something hacked together by a developer on it, and told "We need this live before tomorrow." I would then go about trying to get credentials so I could install the certificate. Now, I can just point a domain at an ip and assign a subdomain and ssl cert without ever having to log into a server.

Cons

The Ip addresses it uses for the reverse proxy all have to be whitelisted. Since I don't have a private Ip address that is just mine, I cannot use the reverse proxy for certain production servers. If the traffic comes through cloudflare's porxy service, you lose the source unless you change your application to consume a header they attach.

Cloudflare took my site from Google Page Speed Score from 56/100 to 88/100 within a day!

My website's increase in speed was phenomenal. With the absolute minimal changes to my website configuration (I just added an optional plugin), and changes to my DNS settings, I was able to take my Google Page Speed Score from a 56 to an 88 within 24 hours. This is very good for SEO and page ranking, which was really amazing.

Pros

Cloudflare works seamlessly in the background, without having to do very much configuration. After the initial DNS setup, plugin setup on WordPress, and Configuration Wizard on Cloudflare, the process runs itself. I was amazed that a CDN could speed my website up as much as it did. I am now able to handle much larger volumes of traffic thanks to this. The protection from DDOS attacks is a definite added bonus, not that I have seen this used on my sites yet.

Cons

The initial setup and propagation of DNS settings across the web makes for a few a small bit of downtime during the first day, but this is most likely a function of how the internet works, and not the actual software

A Free Plan Offering Premium Features

The main reason we first started using CloudFlare within our business was to upgrade all of our sites to SSL effortlessly, in preparation for the new Google HTTPS stricter rules. CloudFlare served this function perfectly, saving us money on advanced SSL certificates as well as time on installing these certificates manually. Since then, we have explored the other features of CloudFlare and impressed has been an understatement. As stated earlier, the benefits of CloudFlare are simply astonishing for a free product.

Pros

The free plan on CloudFlare is simply unbelievable value. For the low cost of nothing, you gain a world class CDN system which offers enterprise level security that rivals many premium, high cost solutions. The variety of features is astonishing too, with free SSL certificates, caching services and advanced analytics included also with the free plan.

Cons

It's hard to fault CloudFlare, but if I were to criticise something it would be that many of the caching features cause severe breakage to a site. For example, whenever I enable the Rocket Loader my WordPress sites are always broken in some form. However, beggars can't be choosers and these issues can simply be averted by not enabling this feature.

The web goes through Cloudflare

Cloudflare allows me to have one general dashboard for most of my DNS usage, has relevant security and performance improvements and I can turn on/off individual features as I please. it's a very good and reliable central hub where to handle all of that work, which would be annoying without. I've been using it.. forever it feels like, and I'm happy with it.

Pros

The free opportunity is so robust that most of the websites I have go through Cloudflare FREE plan, even if just to handle DNS. It works perfectly and then you can scale up individual websites as you need to.

Cons

There really isn't much not to like, everything works as it should. If there's anything I could say something about their rocket loader not playing nice with many web platforms, so it can't really be used much. But that's it.

Cloudflare Solved our Small Business Client DNS Issues

We were basically dealing with a nightmare of managing DNS for hundreds of website clients. We ran into a couple of situations where we were having to call up like a hundred people, ask them to find the GoDaddy account they set up however many years ago, and walk them through setting up DNS. These are small business owners and feel frustrated by Facebook, so you can imagine what a DNS dashboard looks like to them. Anyway, through the magic of Cloudflare we are able to now manage all of these accounts on one dashboard and offer SSL certification to our clients. Win win.

Pros

First of all, free SSL Certs can't be beat. We set up simple business websites for our clients, and making them secure easily and cheaply is great for their online marketing and our street cred. But the best part of using Cloudflare is that we don't have to spend hours poking around in various DNS management platforms and asking non-tech-savvy clients for GoDaddy passwords (shhhh). We just give them NS values and take on all their current settings (including email yay). Don't forget to add their site to Cloudflare before they switch the name servers over though. And if you're ever confused, ALWAYS ASK A REAL DEVELOPER!

Cons

Their email notifications can be a bit overkill. Also, there's a small learning curve on using the dashboard and if you do it wrong, big problems can arise. FYI, I'm not a full on developer, but I do manage DNS for our small website product hosted on Heroku.

Top Service For SSL

Makes installing SSL certificate for my websites easy.

Pros

These days websites with no SSL certificate installed scare users. Google Chrome displays the scary message "website not secure" to users immediately they land on your website, this is a big red flag. As a website owner, you can't ignore SSL certificate for your website, and Cloudflare helps you with that. At a time, I was struggling with installing an SSL certificate for my blog, almost paid huge amount to someone who promised to save my blog, I had to pause for a moment, went online for solution and cloudflare saved the day. There are videos on YouTube that can show you how to use it. It's just a matter of changing your name servers to the that of Cloudflare.

Cons

None, but it was hard at first, but now I even use it for my clients.

Cloudflare is for professionals.

I use Cloudflare on all my websites and my customer sites and I feel that they do the best job at making it easy to edit DNS records, and alone is worth a lot. It also keeps me from needing to learn to edit the DNS records in the various (and weird) interfaces of domain registrars. Overall, I have been with Cloudflare since launch and I trust them with my all of my sites (and my client's sites) access to the internet, and that means a lot.

Pros

I like being able to set up a customer's DNS records in a matter of minutes with Cloudflare. Ease-of-use is important to me. The good feeling that Cloudflare is blocking mal-intended traffic globally is, of course important too.

Cons

I use the Cloudflare WordPress plugin and I find it confusing. It is easier for me to just login and turn on "developer mode" or flush the cache on the web app than it is to dig in and find and use the setting inside plugin on my websites.

Free CDN that you should be using!

If you have high bandwidth costs you can cut them at least by half because if you properly set Cloudflare to cache everything, your website will be served from their edge servers which are closest to the client and that leads to super speedy websites for the client which is what we all want when building websites. I need to mention also that their documentation is really good and all the problems I had I successfully fixed by myself and when you need support they are always available by ticket system or even by phone.

Pros

What I love about Cloudflare is that it is a very versatile piece of art which works incredibly with all my websites. I have a small blog and have been using Cloudflare for a few years. I help me speed up my site and block malicious bots trying to log in or any other attackers. It also has included a web firewall which is great. If you need per page customization of their settings you can always use page rules or even add apps to your website which extend functionality. It really has a lot to offer for a free price.

Cons

I don't like that their free plan is somehow limited but that is normal in the business world. If you have special needs you will certainly need to pay a few additional page rules or even pro package which is not so expensive but gives an extra few features like image optimization and several options to even speed up your website more. Sometimes it can actually slow down your website because of all additional code added but that is rarely a case and probably is a result of bad theme or bad programming practice.

Easily protect your websites!

Overall it is the best CDN in the market.

Pros

Cloudflare has a lot of nice features. It detects the location of visitors and directs them to its nearest data center so it can serve from its cache to reduce latency. You can easily block threats and abusive bots. You can detect and mitigate DDoS attacks to protect your websites. Creating your account is super easy. Just register with your email address and password. Enter your domain and leave the rest to Cloudflare.

Cons

You should really understand how to use Cloudlfare because for example when it blocks your website against a threat your website will be inaccessible and visitors will see an unfriendly webpage instead of your nice looking pages. To prevent this you should act fast and fix the problem.