Snyk Logo

Snyk

Cloud-based security platform to track & fix vulnerabilities

Snyk Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.76/10

Reviews by rating

Snyk is allowing us to make good use of the wealth of great open source software out there, without compromising on security.
I was so grateful to find a service like Snyk that does the hard work for me - keeping an eye on any security issues so I can focus on building great software.
Sometimes the UI is confusing and access management is a bit vague.

Colin C.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Best tool for addressing the concerns of using open source libraries.

When I started using Snyk I found the reports useful but still too easy to ignore. So I added Snyk to build pipelines to fail builds that included high risk vulnerabilities. Snyk is now even better and warns me before I even merge my pull requests. In a world where the time from vulnerability being announced to exploit being used is decreasing rapidly it is crazy not to use a service like this. Snyk is by far the best tool I have found in this area

Pros

Objective reports on vulnerabilities in code we produce GitHub Integration

Cons

Having open source builds count towards your paid count if you are not careful

Internet, 1-10 employees

A necessary and reliable companion in the fight for security

Pros

As a long time fan of open source software, keeping track of security issues amidst an ever growing software stack was increasingly an impossible task. I was so grateful to find a service like Snyk that does the hard work for me - keeping an eye on any security issues so I can focus on building great software!

Cons

The pricing structure gets extremely expensive for medium to large companies, but thankfully for smaller organisations there is a free tier which covers our needs.

Konstantin S.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Good SCA

Pros

Nice component analysis tool, great interface and dashboards. Very fast and easy deployment and use.

Cons

SAST component is very weak and don’t support increment scanning.

EY

Elmo Y.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

One of the best vulnerability scanning tools around

Pros

Have been using Snyk for around 1 year now and it's one of the tool which we can't avoid though it annoys us now and then by finding new vulnerabilities in our packages and forcing us to mitigate the risk. They provide details of the vulnerability and in most cases the version to fix it. It integrates very well with the build pipelines and other CI/CD tools along with a nice IntelliJ plugin.

Cons

Sometimes the UI is confusing and access management is a bit vague.

Daniel H.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Security Sorted

So far our company has adopted Snyk across our SDLC and incorporated it into our repos and pipelines and have enjoyed our experience with using Snyk so far.

Pros

Snyk simplifies security. It can scan your for vulnerabilities during development or when your run a pipeline in azure dev ops. This raises issues before they make it to production so you have the comfort of knowing that new and existing packages have no known security vulnerabilities. I also really like the ability to one click fix issues within Synk where it can automatically fix the issue and create a PR within azure devops - this simplifies the process and saves time.

Cons

Not all issues have a 1 click fix which is understandable.

YV

Yonatan V.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Snyc guards open source

Snyc guards our Node.js projects in our Medical applications

Pros

Active scan for malicious software. Freeware model for small businesses with single project. Nice dashboard and nice CLI for SSH access.

Cons

The cheapest paid plan should cost a bit less

AB

Ashveen B.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

A must have for all node.js dev

Has delivered value from the day I started using it. I hope you will enjoy it too.

Pros

Concise reporting and the vulnerability scan is excellent regarding categorization of issues.

Cons

Nothing really. It is excellent as it is.

GJ

Glenn J.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

A good easy to use security tool

We were looking to have a quick method of checking for vulnerabilities in open source, Snyc fir that bill perfectly. It was fast to set up and the cost was quite low. A great tool.

Pros

I liked the easy of setting the tool up. I did not have to spend a lot of time configuring this tool.

Cons

The user interface can be a bit short on details. When I go to use it, there are really just a few items that say "everything is fine".

RT

Ross T.

Government Administration, 10,001+ employees

Works well

Helpful tool that integrates seamlessly and works as advertised.

Pros

Snyk is easy to use, provides clear feeback, integrates well into GitHub

Cons

Doesn't always update its results the fastest

James S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Very useful tools

As a beta stage startup I appreciate the free offering and expect Snyk usage to grow with our business.

Pros

Snyk was easy to setup and use. The weekly reports are a great way to regularly check in on overall package health. The alerts on new vulnerabilities are very useful and enable us to respond to important issues rapidly.

Cons

No problems using the tool so far. I look forward to more information on vulnerability resolution in the platform.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Your security agent

Overall, the plugin is pretty handy to get started with but I would like to see smarter analysis.

Pros

The automated repository analysis is pretty good and can be easy to plug into your PR (pull request) validator

Cons

The security analysis is very primitive and often flags false positive which has to be fixed with manual override or skipping the PR validation check

JC

Justin C.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Convenience and piece of mind

Pros

It took only seconds to set up, yet works for my projects every day. Knowing what my venerabilities are during the development phase allows the evaluation of the concern prior to code ever seeing production

Cons

I wish it had a way to automatically inform the creators in the chain of dependencies so we as developers did not have to.

MS

Matt S.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Great service

Helps me keep on top of the dependent packages that my software relies on and motivates me to help in open source software with issue reporting or making PRs if I can.

Pros

Informative email messages when vulnerabilities are found in dependencies. Very clear explanations. I also appreciate the email newsletters.

Cons

So far nothing. It seems to fit my use-case really well.

DO

David O.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

be the Snykiest

i enjoyed using snyk so not bad

Pros

it gave me really useful code to add to mine in really creative ways I didn't think about before using it

Cons

your barely get any suggestions till you start typing, i feel this takes a lot of creativity out. just my opinion

Sg

Shravya g.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviews on Snyk

Pros

We can identify security vulnerabilities during the development and fix them. Its easy to use, and the depth at which the scans are performed to find the vulnalerabities is great.

Cons

Nothing as much, but the pricing is expensive.

ST

Srinivas T.

Banking, self-employed

Must have for UI development

Pros

Quick results for vulnerabilities scanning

Cons

I did not like the user interface. You should provide some dashboard

AC

Anthony C. V.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Testing Snyc

Pros

It is fast at making the fixes it explains thing well

Cons

that I don't understand if the changes will break my code