Fotor Reviews

Suggested alternatives

gotphoto
creacompo-2
photopad

This is a super easy to use platform with excellent features even at the free level. It was intuitive and wasn't at all difficult to find my way around right away.
The photo editor absolutely saved me on a recent project - that's actually why I gave it a try - but the design and collage tools are great, too.
The free trial of fotor and their 'colour splash' feature was exactly what I needed. It was easy to use and looks great.
It does not save the state of the sessions. When the application is closed by mistake without saving, everything is lost and I have to start editing afresh.
There was nothing in particular that I disliked about this software from what I've used.
For PC this creates a big problem. It takes a lot space and slows down the overall speed of the PC.Perhaps the most frustrating thing is that Fotor doesn't offer anything new.

Eeva L.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

A Graphic Designer's Best Friend

Since I subscribed to the yearly plan, Fotor has been a part of my daily work routine. I design a lot and I utilize Fotor's many features to make me a more efficient and better designer.

Pros

Fotor is an inexpensive tool that can greatly enhance any graphic designer's work. I use Fotor alongside other designing tools. The strength of Fotor lies in its AI Tools which you're able to access for a low low price. I love that. A lot of graphic design apps increased their prices excessively when they offered AI editing. Fotor is cheap. They do great images with their Text to Image tool.

Cons

I only use Fotor for image editing. I hope it would also offer video design options like Canva someday. But right now, I have no complaints.

Henry C.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Fotor actually makes my work weeks easier.

Working with images is one of the most frustrating and time intensive parts of my job, because I'm not a designer. Fotor has made it easier for me. Seems like a bland, simple statement, but a software tool actually making my life easier week after week is a rare and valuable thing. If your photo needs are basic (cropping, resizing, touching up, brightening, etc.) and you don't particularly care to learn deeper photo editing skills, Fotor is an excellent choice. It'll do everything you need, it'll do it quickly, and it won't distract you with anything you don't.

Pros

It has a robust free version, which is what I'm most familiar with. I'm not a designer or photographer, and Fotor has tons of cropping, touch-up, re-sizing, and other web-design-based features built in to make it easy for people like me. I've used other design tools before, but Fotor is one of the best free design tools specifically for photo editing. A major benefit, especially for web designers/developers, is the free version allows for batch image editing. You can upload a full folder of photos, set the editing parameters you want, and Fotor edits every photo. That has saved me more hours than I can count.

Cons

When it comes to anything "design," Fotor gets a bit weak. Simply adding a text or color overlay rarely worked out for me. More often than not I found myself editing images in Fotor, exporting to another tool like Canva, and then finishing the design from there. However, this isn't too different from how professional-level designers work. Photoshop to InDesign etc. So I don't hold it against them. But it's just good to note that Fotor won't be your go-to web design solution - just a fantastic, free image editing solution.

JF

Jerrin F.

Design, self-employed

It's Pretty Good For Me

Bottom line: Your prompt and prompt writing skills matter. I wouldn't recommend any A.I. tool to anyone who doesn't have some understanding of basic prompt engineering or a basic understanding of what's going on with the technology. The reason for this is because A.I. isn't magic. You get better results the more you understand how the models work and the more you understand basic prompt engineering skills and fine tuning. If you have experience in understanding how to properly put in prompts to get the models to deliver better results, then I'd recommend checking it out.

Pros

I find it inexpensive compared to other tools. It also is easy to use - though I say this as someone with expertise in using A.I. tools such as this one. Also, I have a background in LLM development. Great low cost tool for a solopreneur (single person running a business) to utilize.

Cons

Pop ups are annoying when they're advertising their new features. A.I. doesn't always get it right - you could end up spending a ton of tokens if you don't understand proper prompt engineering and some technical skills about LLMs and the A.I. technology (You can remedy this by searching on YouTube or taking courses on platforms like Coursera).

AJ

Abhijeet J.

Entertainment, self-employed

Selection Tools Needed !

Overall its a great application, but need improvements in generative AI for images to compete with Midjourney.

Pros

Pros of Fotor that is a web-based application, and available. No high-end graphics card is needed to use this software.

Cons

Fotor is an amazing image generation and editing tool but doesn't have custom selection tools and need more advance layer panel to deal with multiple images on a canvas.

SB

Scott B.

Retail, self-employed

Fotor Review - creative design

Excellent, I use it all the time to create AI image for my retail business.

Pros

AI graphic design generation is exceptional.

Cons

No negatives. Everything is very functional.

DR

Dewnette R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Best Marketing Software

Pros

the different options that it has. I like the AI feature

Cons

how to integrate one picture into another app

SM

Souvik M.

Broadcast Media, self-employed

Great AI Digital app

Pros

1. ease of use 2. good AI Algorithm 3. Lovely final rendering of images

Cons

1. Credits are way to less 2. When typing specific names of places or buildings, there is a mismatch in the generated AI images.

js

joseph s.

Real Estate, self-employed

Mad Decent

Pros

Tons of useable filters that actually worked. Screwed around for like an hour beforehand with terrible alternatives from different platforms

Cons

Not sure yet. Day one and free trial, will adivse

TS

Tamika S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Fotor AI Image Generator: A User-Friendly Tool with Pros and Cons

While Fotor simplifies photo editing, exploring its full potential may require investing in credits or a subscription.

Pros

User-Friendly Interface: Fotor offers an intuitive design, making it accessible for beginners and experienced users alike. AI-Powered Enhancements: Fotor’s AI technology streamlines photo editing tasks, saving time and effort. Craft Personalized Designs: Use versatile templates to compose collages, graphics, and other creative content with extensive customization choices.

Cons

Limited Free Features: Some advanced features require credits or a premium subscription. In the free version, edited images come with a watermark.

FJ

Frédéric J.

Design, 1-10 employees

Great app get a promo

Good interface, complete tools and offerings compared to others (average), inference requires you to pay attention to your prompts and the pattern database is average.

Pros

The interface and functions for photo/image editing has most of the same features others are offering online. Many grat features that usually cost an arm on other platforms, with similar quality (e.g. Topaz Gigapixel but only 2x instead of up to 6x, but comparing results at the 2x scale I get better results with images having some texts). The Ai generator is cool, and generates high resolution for a fraction of others pricing but. Backgroud remover is basic but it works well. The designer/collage feature works well.

Cons

Learn how to construct your prompts else you'll end up wasting credits. Even then, sometimes you'd get deform or wrong shapes: the pattern database used by the inference engine seems to be average, even poor for some contexts, especially for realistic images (most comes from gaming it seems).

RP

Reese P.

Market Research, self-employed

Easy-to-use Online Editing & Design Tool

Overall, this tool helped me a lot. I find it has a lot features that can meet different needs and it's easy and intuitive to understand how to use them.

Pros

The online version of this editing and design tool is really convenient and easy to get my assignment and project done. The thing I like most is the templates that I can directly utilize to customize as my own material. The editing features are also good and I can combine several features to optimize images and then used in my design project.

Cons

There are pop-up ads which I don't like. But I think that's because I use the free version.

cc

charles c.

Alternative Dispute Resolution, 1-10 employees

its a good app but its kinda hard to get coins

my overall experience is its a good app or website

Pros

how you edit the photo's its very easy but still it is hard to get coins

Cons

how hard it is to get coins a you need to add to delete backrounds.

SB

Sarah B.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

My review of Fotor

I like Fotor, the AI has improved over the time I have used it. I wish they had more templates with it but it does inspire me to use more text for what I want and Ive gotten a little better about it. Keep in mind some of this is on me as I haven't had the time I need to practice with it like I probably should. I do not regret buying the membership though as I have seen improvements in my creations.

Pros

Ease of use and practicing learning how to work with it.

Cons

The photo editing templates weren't as flexible as I like. I have had more flexibility with a different free software I use.

MK

Marina K.

Publishing, self-employed

Very useful

The editing features are superb and I've found them very helpful in my work (book covers, book trailer images, etc.). The AI image generator and replacer are very nice additions, but they don't easily give you the desired result and it's often strenuous and credit-expensive to get what you want. I'm mostly looking for photography, cinematic, and oil-painting realistic images and I understand the difficulty level of what I'm asking, but I'd like to see a bit more efficiency on this level. Of course, I've made some of my most beautiful book covers with the help of Fotor and so, I'm overall quite satisfied with the product. I'd gladly recommend it.

Pros

Very easy to use. The editing tools, adjust and effects features fantastic. Erase and background remove tools very useful. AI image generator and replacer are very nice tools.

Cons

AI image generator could improve. Sometimes you have to spend more than 100 credits to get a single nice image. Sometimes it's like the AI does not even take the prompt into account. Many errors with faces and hands. Male images usually have beards (even if specifically mentioned they shouldn't in prompt). Same with AI replacer.

JM

Jennifer M.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Bad Customer Service

Good first year, extremely bad after that. Very unprofessional responses and resolution of a credit due.

Pros

Easy to use and various templates to use.

Cons

Bad customer service. I upgraded and it took forever to get the upgrade and benefits. I was automatically charged upon renewal. To cancel has been a nightmare. They will not credit my card and I have been corresponding with them (more automatic electronic response) for over three months. I purchased a software program and have no need with Fotor. They are dragging their feet refunding me, though I have sent letters weekly along with my credit card charges and correspondences. I would be very careful with doing business with what appears to be a shady company. Do not provide any credit card information that could be store.

AL

Alexis L.

Sports, self-employed

Cheerleading Uniforms

Pros

As a coach wanting to find a new look but tired of seeing the same design just different colors amongst fellow teams, I was introduced to AI. I just searched on Google and this website came up in the top 10 best rated. Tried a few before this one and they didn't produce content that was relevant to what description/ info I would put in. Fotor has given me examples/ideas that match and fit our style. I look forward to seeing what this site can do moving forward.

Cons

Why does it cost points to search to give me that many generated pictures.

Kandy W.

Publishing, self-employed

Scam!

I signed up for the free trial. It did not meet my needs or expectations. I was notified my subscription was expiring. I immediately cancelled. I was subsequently charged $39.99 for the subscription. I filed a dispute with Amex. The dispute was resolved in the company's favor citing "non refundable" I did research online of reviews for this company and discovered hundreds if not more of the same. The company is corrupt.

Pros

There was nothing I liked about the product or the grifters who run the company.

Cons

Everything! It is a Grift! Communication was zilch.

HN

HENRY N.

Newspapers, 51-200 employees

My right hand in photography.

Fotor helps me to make my photographic shots one of the best in my field of work since, with just one click in this application, the image acquires much sharper appearances and with a quality superior to the original, which greatly favors my work as a photographer.

Pros

I like fotor because it is an online application; it is very easy to use and has more than 110 filters and effects to modify the images.

Cons

I have absolutely nothing negative to mention about this application, because I consider it to be totally efficient.

MR

Micalen R.

Computer Games, self-employed

Fotor: A very easy to use photo editor.

Overall I love using Fotor to do simple and quick edits to my images and social media posts. There's a lot of features offered to help me. I recommend this software to those looking to make fast and easy edits even on their phone.

Pros

This is one of the easiest photo editors to use. Very simple to resize, reshape and reorder images to create beautiful images that I use for social media posts. There is a good amount of features offered and a free version of Fotor. There is also a mobile app which is great.

Cons

Fotor does have a few features that you will need to learn how to use but after that, it is all very simple.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Fotor - a simple and powerful

There are so many photo editors for advanced photo editing works. Fotor satisfying all our day-to-day editing tasks with a simple and clean UI. Great experience and much Love:

Pros

My overall experience with Fotor is good. It's a pretty decent photo editor with cloud-based availability. The beauty of Fotor is even beginners also can work without major editing skills. There are thousands of predefined templates available on Fotor, and we can take them to the next level with our creativity. 'Fotor' easily fulfills all our designing tasks for our personal needs, and we can create pro-type edits with just easy steps.

Cons

It delivers what it is capable of. Nothing to complain about Fotor. Need some improvements and features on the iOS application.

MR

Michael R.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Great Text-To-Image Generator

Pros

The text-to-image generatior is very easy to use to get an AI graphic created. The amount of customisable features is excellent.

Cons

Whilst the text-to-image generator works well to create an image, inputing the write words and phrases to get exactly (or close to) what you want isn't as straight forward or achievable from my usage.

Devney A.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Amazing product both on the computer and Android phone

Fotor is an amazing app and Windows software and I still can't believe it's free. Highly recommend!

Pros

I love love love fotor! There are so many great things about it but I'm going to review the Android app. They not only have ways to edit photos but they have regular collages and magazine type collages.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like is that it needs 800x800 to work, so some of my photos on my phone don't meet that criteria. So I can't edit some of my photos using fotor without probably taking a screenshot of it and maybe that will be the correct file size.

sc

shua c.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Fotor Best AI Generator

It is a fantastic app that you can use. it can reduce time for you for editing since you can do things and edit easily

Pros

It easily creates what my mind and ideas want

Cons

Its prices. for some, it its expensive, but for me, I can pay it but for countries that is poorer; they cant try this amazing app since it is a bit pricey

CN

CHRISTIANA N.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

easy to use, professional results

It's a good experience, which stimulates the creativity of people with little technical knowledge in design, like me.

Pros

user-friendly platform, helpful technical support

Cons

the lack of some specific elements in the library, such as astrological symbols, which I miss.

VH

Valerie H.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Fotor does not have the background removal tools as advertised

It does not have the basic background removal tools as advertised, yet there is a pretence that the tool does exist. The Fotor help centre and link shows a different photo-editing software than the one I bought and paid for. It does have the background removal tool, so how does that make any sense?

Pros

I have only used it a short time for photo editing but it does not have the main feature to remove background. I contacted support and they sent a link telling me to edit off that link. The link did have the background removal tool. But it was full of ads and would not let you download the edited photo without purchasing the product again. Plus how can a person edit hundreds of photos from an email link?

Cons

I did not like the fact it took so much time looking for a tool that is not there