Pixlr Reviews

Suggested alternatives

flipsnack
gotphoto
creacompo-2

I've used Pixlr X for for a while and found it very intuitive and actually beautiful. The interface kept updating and improving over time, and new features like AI cutout are very useful.
I have found this app very useful as it is very good alternative of photoshop and is free and easy to use. It is flexible and does not take much space on your phone.
Since I use other tools for graphic design, taking the time to learn those features in Pixlr - or to pay for Pixlr premium - doesn't make sense for me.
Since I don't use Pixlr that frequently, sometimes I feel a little lost when opening the app after a gap. It takes me bit of extra time to find my way around again.
I have seen many disadvantages on this app. It does not have many options and the result is to close to photoshop and other.

Deb P.

Owner

E-Learning, self-employed

Easy to use, powerful but still needs some work

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Deb. I'm a business and life coach, and I give Pixlr a five out of five. I used to...

JK

Jan K.

Fine Art, 51-200 employees

Easy Photo Editing Online

Where I see this software being particularly effective is in my classes. Although students have access to Photoshop if they use computers on campus, this allows them to work on projects off campus, as long as they have a computer and internet services. It is so easy to use that the learning curve is short. Students immediately are interested in the many filters offered, as well as the more basic adjustments found in any image editing software. I often compare it to the software in their phones - terminology is often the same, or easily understood. It is a wonderful tool for students who are on a budget, or anyone whose finances are challenged.

Pros

Pixlr is simple and intuitive to use, but produces professional results. Learning the tool options is easy. Much info is visually presented. Choosing the wrong option is easily reversed. For a person who doesn’t want to invest in Photoshop due to its cost, Pixlr provides an excellent alternative.

Cons

The best and worst thing is that this is a software that must be used on the internet. For most people with fast internet service, this is not a problem. I can see it would be difficult to use if internet signals are weak. I know that we must give up our personal info to be able to use this software, so a person needs to be aware that data harvesting is likely happening whenever the product is being used. I have not found anything terribly invasive. Being a Google customer, I realize I am already a known quantity and targeted for photo editing, camera models, etc.

Ansh R.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Best app to edit photos

The experience was great with pixlr the app is easy to use and understand. I have done lots of image editing through pixlr and posted them on my business social media pages. This has resulted in boosting our overall customer engagement and turnover. Working on pixlr was always fun and productive for me and I will recommend it to everyone who needs fast results.

Pros

The app is user-friendly and has multiple tools for editing images. Spot whitening and darkening are one of my favourite tools for editing photos. It has also an automatic mode for editing images in which the app itself edits the given images. Anyone with little creativity can bring some great results after working on pixlr.

Cons

The only thing it disliked about the app is its filters. They seem quite average and old. Pixlr need to update them as soon as possible. The tools available on the pixlr are limited and you cannot do premium-level editing with multiple tools on it.

MM

Mireia M.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Pixlr

As I mentioned, it's really good for students and begginers of photography. I would recommend it to friends and colleagues, it does its job, it's good, it's an alternative. But I wouldn't use it if I were a professional and could afford it.

Pros

It's a free alternative of Photoshop and Lightroom from Adobe. It's very good for when you're learning editing and about all the options you can have when retouching a picture.

Cons

It's not close enough to photoshop and lightroom, I feel like it could have many, many more options and better final quality. Better offers for professionals who look for cheaper options than Adobe's.

BJ

Brian J.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Pixlr-a great tool to onboard future graphic designers

I have an overall positive impression of Pixlr. It is well supported by how-to resources in print as well as on YouTube.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and the pop ups on the features make the learning curve low. I teach my student aides how to use it. The similar functionality to Photoshop makes it a good "fit".

Cons

I was easily able to integrate it into my instruction with students. It would be a good tool to teach basic photo editing skills that could be a nice sedgeway into using more advanced photo editing toools.

SH

Sarah H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Pixlr - Social Media Graphics

Pixlr has been a life saver for me when I first started creating social media creative. Photoshop was very overwhelming to me at the time and Pixlr was a wonderful resource that gave non-designers like me the tools to spin up quick graphics in no time.

Pros

Pixlr offers excellent multi-purpose templates specifically designed for social media graphics and ads. There are so many variations with sizing and dimensions across all the social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc) and Pixlr is an excellent tool that has a free option to adjust dimensions specific to your channel without having to be skilled in Photoshop. The Pixlr Marketplace is an excellent resource for content planning and creation and offers beautiful inspiration to our design team. The layouts are very modern and sophisticated and aren't too text-heavy, which is perfect for ad content, especially on Facebook and Instagram.

Cons

I often find that we have been using Canva more than Pixlr lately because Canva offers a much larger array of templates and the drag and drop features in Canva are a little easier to use. I wish Pixlr would have a better team dashboard where we can organize projects by client and assign various team members to each one.

Divaksh J.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Photo editing software that can be used for anything

Pros

1. Easy to use, even kids can be trained to use it. 2. Different approach than any other platform out there, you start with simple and then get advanced. 3. Very lightweight editors, you can even access them from your tab/smartphones. 4. Some of the stock pictures are available for use, which can be used without leaving the program. 5. PSD support. 6. Like PSD, they PXD. You can preserve layers for later editing with PXD - Pixlr's native file format. 7. Upcoming Pixlr M mobile app which will have options available comparable to Pixlr X.

Cons

1. Background remover is not as great as other online background removal services, check here [SENSITIVE CONTENT] 2. For creating the above collage, I had to use another tool as dedicated collage making functionality is not present on the platform. 3. Current mobile app that is Editor's Choice on the App Store isn't part of the subscription. 4. Biggest drawback I found is missing rulers. It is time taking process to align stuff in an image without rulers. 5. No option to save on the cloud, you can't access files edited in a system from a different system.

SS

Sanoussy S.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Pixlr review

I did a lot of editing of Pixlr images and I published photos so that I could accompany the texts of an article on a blog or a website.

Pros

The use is not easy because it also has an automatic image editing mode.

Cons

Pixlr must be updated in every two weeks, because if some forms of missing images, and because it allows recording of my compressed image.

LS

Liz S.

Music, self-employed

Amazing App- And it's Free!

Pros

It's the best free product I've used for photo editing, with both mobile and desktop applications that are almost without flaw. Very similar to Photoshop, and even better than Photoshop, in my opinion.

Cons

No issues or complaints at all. I like the product more than any other of it's kind.

CS

Cheick S.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

Pixlr review

Pros

Pixlr is great photo editing software. Less confusing settings like on Photoshop is it will be very very useful to you

Cons

No problem encountered in the use of this software I highly recommend

BT

Boukary T.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Pixlr for more desigh

Pros

The software has many highly dynamic photo editing features. Drag and drop is an unparalleled simplicity.

Cons

The software is cheap according to less and the options a bit poorly organized

AC

Anil C.

Marketing and Advertising, 5,001-10,000 employees

Editing Pixlr

I used Pixlr for my editing photos and sharing it with social media accounts. Pixlr has many features inside but it is little bit expensive.

Pros

Editing with Pixlr is nice, the features inside there are many things that you can reach your horizon.

Cons

Pixlr is quite expensive when you compared to other kind of alternatives.

Abhishek G.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Best photo editing platform

As it has all basic image editing tools available on its application so I use it whenever ever I need to edit my business photos as it saves a lot of time and is also easy to understand.

Pros

The platform is great as it works on mobile as well as desktop devices and has a great user interface and provides multiple editing options to the users.

Cons

Pixlr is a platform that is great but it does not provide premium results after editing the photos. The quality is compressed by the software.

HL

Heberth L.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

A practical, lightweight and powerful photo editor

I find Pixlr to be one of the best photo editors you can find on the market. In addition to being cross-platform, it has features that make it powerful, yet practical and lightweight. Its web version, both desktop and mobile, work smoothly and have all the editing tools you can imagine. The interface is also very well organized and this makes the software easy to use. What I like most of all the features Pixlr has are the layered editing and the AI-based background separation of images. I can't criticize this software too much, I just wish they would keep constantly updating the great templates it offers.

Pros

Definitely what I liked most about this software is the possibility of having a layered edition, like the most advanced photography software. In addition, it has novel functions that also work really well, such as the removal of the background of the images through artificial intelligence. And finally, the multiple templates offered by Pixlr deserve a special mention.

Cons

I have not disliked anything about this software, but maybe they could update the design of its interface, which is not bad because it is very well organized, but maybe it could be improved in terms of its colors, or they could also add a switch to change from a "dark mode" to a "light mode".

AI

Ariful Islam S.

Animation, 1-10 employees

Pixlr:Edit your imagination.

Pixlr is one of the best photo editing application i have used.This application allows me to edit my photos to next level.

Pros

Brighter & Darker,Splash effect,Spot removing & auto adjustment feature is great to me on this application

Cons

It doesn’t support too big & raw file.Sometimes lag while editing & bugs should be fixed.

TJ

Travis J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Solid, but learning curved

It was great, but I transitioned for the most part. I keep it bookmarked just in case and have gone back a few times to solve some unique problems. My team just couldn't pick it up like I'd hoped.

Pros

Pixlr was my go to for years. It helped me manipulate, update, and fix so many things over the years. I appreciate that it's cloud based and the free version is effective.

Cons

It would never fail how often the deselect just would not work. It could have been user error, but so many times my magic wand would be stuck on for no apparent reason and I would have to toggle through programs and almost trick the program into letting me deselect highlighted areas of my project.

DC

Destine C.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Like it a little

Dont like it like that does nothing for me

Pros

You can edit photo perfect but somethings would not work.

Cons

you can not inport nothing on macbook it treaks can not even open stock layers

NS

Nicholas S.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Great photoshop alternative

Pros

I haven't had access to photoshop in a few years, and I don't especially miss it because of Pixlr. I'm not exactly an advanced user of graphic design products, so I can't speak to that level... But for basic image editing and creation, this gets the job done.

Cons

It's a web app and it shows. Some keyboard shortcuts don't work the way you'd expect. Also, the interface has some weird quirks that make it slightly less intuitive than Photoshop.

LT

Luke T.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Pixlr is my Favorite

I absolutely love Pixlr and it is my go to software when I need to edit a quick photo or make a quick logo. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a software for photo editing.

Pros

Pixlr really shines in the fact that it is incredibly easy to use and has all the features you need without being too intimidating.

Cons

The only downside I have about Pixlr is that the ads can sometimes get in the way of the photo I am editing so it can get frustrating once in a while.

HB

Heather B.

Music, 201-500 employees

My Go-To Photo Editor for Casual Editing

Pros

I use both the Pixlr app and the desktop version quite often for photo editing. I love the features, functionality, and how advanced of an edit you can do within Pixlr without being skilled in graphic design. It's one of the best free photo editing apps I've used, and one that I always come back to. As someone who's not skilled in Photoshop or more advanced techniques, Pixlr allows me to do the functions that I'm looking for without the advanced skills I thought I'd need.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to use at times, especially when you're a new user. It also does lack some more advanced features that I'd like to try, but overall still provides an excellent experience for a casual photo editor.

Islam R.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Intuitive by Design!

Pros

I've used Pixlr X for for a while and found it very intuitive and actually beautiful! The interface kept updating and improving over time, and new features like AI cutout are very useful.

Cons

I noticed that some of the more advanced features are exclusive to premium members, but the fact that the free version is already supported with ads makes me think that it could be huge improvement for Pixlr if the free version get to keep the same features as the premium except displaying ads, this can attract much more free users which in turn will translate to higher income originating from the free version, while giving UX significant boost.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Makes photo editing even more fun!

A fun, exciting way to edit photos like a pro! So many filters, frames, etc to choose from!

Pros

All the ways to edit photos with a ton of different filters, frames, stickers, and so much more!

Cons

Nothing really! I dont think there was one thing I didnt like about it!

KV

Karthick V.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Best for photo editing

I used Pixlr for creating motion poster and meme creation for the purpose of promoting my internal project. Really loved and satisfied with the experience.

Pros

Excellent variation in effects, superb clarity of image even after editing and high user friendly which is very good for user perspective.

Cons

Limitation in exposures, only has limited features. Apart from these, I didn't find any particular issue.

RS

Ryan S.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

Great product! but needs a little work

Overall, I really like Pixlr's photo editing abilities! They need to fix some glitches, however.

Pros

I really like the Pixlr interface and the ease of use! I think the quality of the editing options is some of the best I've seen.

Cons

Pixlr needs to work on it's tech support and keep up with it's website better. There are some options, like straightening photos, that consistently glitch.

BT

Barış T.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Your pictures are better quality with Pixlr

I put my images in the application and edited these images and shared these images.

Pros

The app is extremely easy to use. The interface is simple and user friendly. Instant editing in the application is very successful. It's fun to share instantly.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the app. Users can easily use

AP

Anil P.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Does the job

It is an okay experience to use it just for simple editing purposes and basic thumbnails For advanced and enhanced photo edits you have to take help from other platforms as well along with Pixlr.

Pros

I like the different types of templates that we can use for many purposes. We use it occasionally to make thumbnails for our videos and can find variety of templates to use. The UI is simple and understandable as well.

Cons

There are many limitations to it as compared to similar other platforms. Also it feels less professional overall as final edit needs to be done in Photoshop later.