sharetribe

Cloud-based marketplace for small to medium businesses

sharetribe Reviews

Megan W.

Sharetribe is easy to use, help is fantastic and with a few additional features will be unbeatable.

Tina H.

Anthony M.

Cons

I had some trouble at first, to hire the right people for the development job. But this is due to my lack of experience with engineering teams.

Rashid A.

Ran J.

4.4

Sharetribe's platform makes it easy to develop and deploy a robust marketplace quickly.

Sharetribe provides a hosted marketplace platform, including PayPal and Stripe payment gateways, that my company eXcesS Capacity leverages to rapidly develop, deploy and market a web property where businesses rent, sell and buy underutilized resources.

Pros

Sharetribe's marketplace platform incorporates essential functionality such as workflow, listing customization, notifications, PayPal and Stripe payment gateways, ratings and reviews, and much more. Sharetribe's customer support is very knowledgeable and responsive to my questions and requests. The Sharetribe Marketplace Academy is informative about how marketplaces should be built, deployed and marketed.

Cons

While there are gaps in functionality, the features provided with a product that has evolved since 2008 are rich. Sharetribe support is interested and responsive to its users enhancement suggestions.

Sharetribe is a great platform

Sharetribe is a really interesting platform and their customer service is out of this world! I would recommend it especially if you are planning on creating a services or rental marketplace. multi-vendor retail is a little tricky in some areas but they're adding features all the time and are receptive to requests (although requests are always subject to development demand and timelines, of course). Considering the quick set up, amazing customer support and tutorials available, I would highly recommend giving it a try to see if it will work for your unique marketplace.

Pros

Sharetribe's customer service is amazing: quick (despite timezone differences), friendly and solution focused. The initial set up is guided via a checklist for different areas of your marketplace and is very easy to follow. The look is pretty clean and the filter features are built in and really powerful. There are a lot of tutorials and supporting documents available if you're trying to figure out something new and if you still have trouble, they're always happy to help. There are also a lot of case study examples of Sharetribe marketplaces out there so you can really see what's possible for what you're trying to do.

Cons

I found that since my marketplace focuses on peer to peer sales (not rental or service based), I ran into some features that weren't available or possible to implement on Sharetribe. There is a lot of customization possible but there were a few things that I felt were important for the specific result I was looking for that made it difficult for me. Despite this, I have had a great experience with Sharetribe and they helped me launch my initial marketplace which has been essential in my business growth.

Save your time and money

Landing pages are so important for any website. Your options to have one with Sharetribe is to pay them a ridiculous fee to host one page, I agree with reviewer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], it really is a joke. Their landing page design looks cheap and clunky, customisation is extremely limited, you can’t even change the font from white to black (unless you are using a white background, in which case...

Pros

Quite easy to set up if you have little technical knowledge.

Cons

In the past 8 months, I have received misleading advice, I have been told a number of things are possible with Sharetribe Go using custom script, then after speaking with five separate developers, I now realise that this is in fact untrue. On numerous occasions, I have had to chase multiple times for a response, because apparently my emails randomly went into their spam folder. I have also received...

Thank you for your candid review and for sharing your poor experience. We apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We have learned from this situation and will continue to be particularly cautious in how we communicate about the possibilities and limitations of custom script. We hope that you can find a way to continue your project in the way you best see fit, on a platform that provides the best growth environment for your marketplace. We wish you the best of luck. - The Sharetribe team

Sharetribe - HELPED DURING COVID-19 - Give them your business!

The thing that really stood out to our team of 20 remote volunteers was the customer service that Antti from sharetribe offered us. During COVID-19 it is a very difficult time for all businesses but the team at Sharetribe were enthusiastic to help and really took the time to understand our product. They even geared up for a national TV spot we were promised but that never happened.... upping their servers and giving us advice on some scaling challenges with our manual approval process.

Pros

This is incredibly easy software to deploy for any kind of two sided marketplace. Especially useful for a team that includes non technical people. We used the GO & FLEX versions and found them simple, intuitive and that the support was really exceptional for when we were figuring out how to use it initially and for all our out of the box queries.

Cons

We think the auto response on emails - when a listing is not approved. Would like to customise this, but it's a small thing and you can always find a work around (we did with Sharetribe's assistance).

Sharetribe platform allowed me to build marketplace in just few hours

Pros

Simplicity, security and scalability of the platform. payment gateways are easy to configure. creating managing categories is easy. Availability calendar is best suitable for booking marketplace. Feedback system allows users to leave feedback to build trust. Sharetribe is great for someone who wanted to test the minimum viable product marketplace idea and scale it further.

Cons

lack of API's and custom themes. Bulk upload products would be good for large inventory. lack of third party plugins third party plugins

Very good starting point for testing a marketplace concept.

Easy setup, gained months using Sharetribe instead of setting up the marketplace from scratch.

Pros

Easy set up. Great customer support. Free 30-day trial. Reasonable pricing. Lots of tutorials to get started. Great articles in the Sharetribe Academy to help you grow your community and business.

Cons

Limited customisation features. Access to <script> tag to write custom javascript code allows some customisation, but it is not ideal because the code has to be constantly tested and regularly updated with evolutions of the core Sharetribe code, and furthermore this option is reserved for developers. Limited marketing features to interact with client database. Limited payment gateways.

Deciding to use Sharetribe for my marketplace was the best decision ever.

Amazing. Top of the notch. It's the best out there for sure.

Pros

I am a product person that wanted to design every little feature of the user experience, before doing any coding. With Sharetribe Flex, the possibilities are endless and their support system is just amazing.

Sharetribe Best Marketplace MVP Solution

Pros

Sharetribe is by far the best platform to build a marketplace MVP with. I've built 10+ marketplaces with the platform and even Studiotime, Airbnb of music studios. It's still on Sharetribe and has been modified as we've scaled to suit the needs of our marketplace

Cons

Lack of API (right now) so customization and modifying can be a bit tricky, but certainly is possible.

Easy tu use marketplace system

Sharetribe really simplifies our activity at ShuFu!

Pros

Sharetribe is very easy to use for anyone, and offers a great and extremely friendly customer support.

Cons

I wish it could also provide an automatic invoicing system, including local VAT. And a personalized application form.

Very good

Pros

Simplicity and price, ShareTribe offers a very attractive way to test a business model in few minutes.

Cons

Personnalisation. I'd like to have more opportunities to personnalize my platform even if i pay for it.

Best option for building a successful marketplace

Pros

We looked at various marketplace software options before deciding to go with Sharetribe. From the outside some options like Wordpress Plugins look even a lot better than Sharetribe for example regarding functionalities. So we did several test trials. Our experience was not a single competitor of Sharetribe kept the promises made on their landing pages. So our experience from the start with Sharetribe was that they keep their promises and only promise what they are actually capable of delivering with very good quality. And the quality & robustness of the software has been simple outstanding. Besides their customer support is truly amazing and their marketplace academy extremely helpful. Overall I firmly believe choosing Sharetribe was the single best decision in our company history so far.

Cons

Every marketplace is different, so the requirements can probably vary quite a bit for every marketplace entrepreneur. So chances are high that you will miss a few functionalities. Nevertheless the Sharetribe team is constantly updating their software und the gaps are getting less with every month. In the end though having one functionality or not wasn't the most important thing in building our marketplace. For us building trust has been so far the most important factor and if your users trust you than they are also willing to overlook some of the current missing features.

Ration quality/price is very good -Easy to use and Sharetribe offers great customer service

Pros

It was very easy to set up the platform - we could quickly get started and and test different options. the concept of sending out daily/weekly updates of news on the site is great feature to keep people attention. The Open source platform was probably the strongest reason why we choose the software in the beginning as it gave us confidence. None of us had an IT-background and it allowed us to start very quickly without a major investment and financial risk.

Cons

We have a closed marketplace - new members enter by invitation. However a high % of emails from Sharetribe are rejected ending in the Spam folder. We always pair an invitation generated from The Sharetribe Platform with a welcome mail send from our own e-mail system. However many invitations fall through and the automated e-mails about news on the site very often ends in the Spamfolder. It is a cumbersome work checking and re-inviting potential new members as well as we are loosing members as they no longer see the daily/weekly mails ! Would like to have more options for personalizing - ei developers within the Sharetribe team that can help us adding more functionalities and still being able to use the software. A service that we are prepared to pay for.

This Software Ticks all the Boxes

It makes things so easy where users can place their own profile and listings. There is also no need to chase up commissions from users since these are taken out automatically after each transaction.

Pros

This software is very user friendly with an excellent review system. I also love the split payment system where buyers pay for goods to a user and I receive my commission instantly. I have always received excellent customer support where most inquiries are responded to within a few hours. Support have always been polite, friendly and very helpful. The look of the site is first class and far more superior than alternative software. I also like the way that new features are added at no extra cost. You can also email all users within the system and also download them to add to an external mailing list.

Cons

The customer service is of such a high standard that any issues I have had where resolved within a short time. There are some features that I would find beneficial such as having a facility for a discount code which I have suggested and hopefully will be implemented in the future.

Perfect for testing an idea with new features coming up all the time

fast and easy test of a marketplace idea

Pros

I started using Sharetribe in late 2016, since then 3 things have made me stick with it: 1) easy sign-up. The no.1 thing I cared about was the signup process for my users, which is really easy and fast. Testing your idea without an easy to use software would be impossible. 2) functionality. Initially, the product was much more limited but the team is rolling out new features constantly. 3) no lock ins. By the time you decide to move to a customized solution, your database comes along

Cons

- Functionality upgrades are not very fast. If you need something specific you need to pray that other admins will need it in order for Sharetribe to build it - pricing is expensive, semi-annual billing offers a good reduction but pricing could be based on transactions (use of the product), not on user signup.

Powerful and user-friendly platform for peer-to-peer rentals

Easy to get started with a community project without high upfront investment in a platform

Pros

- Very intuitive and nice looking (simple, yet all all necessary features to convince your customer) - Powerful payment system(s) integrated (Stripe & PayPal) - Robust: neither admins nor users can make mistakes when using it

Cons

- Customization possibilities are very limited (including branding, especially of the outgoing emails) - Open source version does not contain the most crucial elements - Pricing is driven by number of users rather than by number of transactions. So you may end up paying a lot even if the business is not taking off

Quick to market deployment - Then stay where you are

We needed to integrate insurance APIs with our Sharetribe installation but it was not possible unless we spent hefty amounts on FLEX package. There is no functionality in GO version to work with even basic third party plugins. We investigated FLEX version and Community Version and both were really expensive for modifications.

Pros

Great out-of-the-box functionality Most required features built-in Fast launching time for P2P marketplaces Easy Stripe integration Free Community version can handle modifications and APIs

Cons

Expensive FLEX version may not be suitable for startups Unable to integrate third party plugins with GO version Unable to change P2P sharing type and structure Unable to modify Stripe account

An easy to use option for setting up a marketplace

Pros

Ease of use. Customer support is very quick to respond as well. Sharetribe offers a service that takes most of the technical issues out of launching a peer to peer marketplace.

Cons

As an early user I felt a lot of important features were initially lacking, most of which have been added. I do feel that a landing page that isn't an additional recurring monthly fee should be part of the package however.

Sharetribe is an excellent marketplace solution for companies - fast and affordable.

Near-instantaneous MVP of my music instrument marketplace concept.

Pros

User experience is key in marketplaces. And Sharetribe's UX demonstrates a clear understanding of the common (and not so common) use cases for the supply and demand sides of marketplaces. Ease of set up and implementation. The customer support is excellent.

Cons

Lack of an integrated CMS. If you are trying to build a marketplace from nothing, it really requires tools to drive organic growth/awareness/adoption of your site. That's not to say that you cannot set up a wordpress or medium blog to support your Sharetribe marketplace. You can. However, configuration has to be done at the less-than-ideal subdomain route (which has some SEO downsides).

Sharetribe is awesome, the people who work there are very supportive as well!

Pros

Customer Service and pricing are the best two features. It is affordable for most people and they're very quick in responding. I've never had to wait longer than 24 hours to get some answers to questions.

Cons

Not enough functionality!! There are so many crucial features they still need to work on. Checkout, Multi-currency, more customizations!

Perfect starting point for a new marketplace

Sharetribe was the best way to start out for us, as it allowed us to see our business concept in action, and to define exactly what we did and did not need. Customer service was hands down the best I've experienced. We always got a response within hours of enquiring, always helpful, always knowledgeable, always friendly! Thank you!

Pros

Sharetribe's best asset: the trading side of the marketplace is sorted! We didn't have to worry about how to connect sellers and buyers, or any of the tough stuff like $$ transactions, commission, or privacy & security around transations etc.

Cons

We ended up opting for a custom solution instead of Sharetribe (after a good year of defining our strategy and goals with Sharetribe), purely because we needed some specific functionality for our marketplace. Limitations were also in the content manager, and sorting / display abilities within products offered.

I recommend Sharetribe to someone who wants to launch new Marketplace without spending lot of money!

It allowed me to create a Marketplace really easily, fastly, and without spending a lot of money!

Pros

The cost is very low. It's very easy to use and configure. The team support is really nice and reactive.

Cons

It's still impossible to import a .csv file or other format to create listings in one shot. I have some customers who have hundreds of listings to create but of course they don't want to create it manually!

Amazing customer support

If I have a question, it gets answered asap! Even on Sundays. When i'm working I don't expect them to be working... but they are! The system is SUPER easy. There really isn't anything complicated to learn.

Pros

I'm building the website for my client and one thing I notice most is SPEED! we originally had a setup using wordpress on a shared server but it was just too slow. I know if we didn't get a dedicated server it just wouldn't work. So we did a trial and decided it's better then the competition.

Cons

I can't say there is anything I least like. All systems are a work in progress. I would like to see more done in the booking calendar so customers can block off date. But this i'm sure will be applied in the the future as more work goes into the system. Also having a built in subscription would be nice. But i'm sure it will be considered and built in time.

A great product with an even better customer service team.

Pros

While the software itself is an incredible turn-key solution, the real standout was the customer service team. While browsing the site, I found myself on the Sharetribe Careers page and read a quote about how the customer service team is constantly being praised and I couldn't agree more. Honestly, they have been amazing every step of the way. Thank you to the whole team for helping me out, working with me, and allowing me to take a chance with my business.

Cons

The lack of shipping cart for individual vendors proved problematic when dealing with the sale of particular goods.

Good but I suggest a price for low traffic marketplaces. It is hard when business is not profitable

Pros

Easy to setup, good customer support. Web responsive is really good .... I like it overall Scripts section is good

Cons

More visual customization, it is no very flexible. For the price, more features should come frequently... we need to renew, we can not stuck on the same visual experience I suggest help on scripting

Really simple to use and brought us fantastic results - outstanding customer service.

Allowed us to go to market quickly and on a very tight budget to test assumptions and generally just get out there. The results we drove last summer allowed us to raise and build our own product - thank you sharetribe.

Pros

How easy it was to use / how quick it was to set up, and this ease of use came with excellent results.

Cons

Sometimes this simplicity meant that areas of customisation were not possible but only very infrequently.