Content Hub Reviews

Content Hub

Content lifecycle and digital asset management

Content Hub

Review Summary

Brittany H.

The ease of use for publishing content to our website is good, especially with the wnhanced SEO features that are already built in.

Natalie F.

Jimi S.

R W M.

Amie S.

4.2

Make It Yours Because You Can!

I can easily get anything done on the website that I need to. I also have people trained across the organization with limited permissions so they can't break anything, but they can make updates and submit them to the publishing queue, where I just review them before publishing. Being able to delegate little tasks like that lets me focus on more front-end work. It's easy, it's customizable, and I love it.

Pros

I love the customization available with this software. For one, it does its job out of the box. But get a developer on your team and you can run leagues ahead your competition with your website. Use templates, develop your CSS, create new object types to put on your website, or customize the objects that come out of the box. I'm not a developer myself, so I can't speak to how user-friendly that side of it is, but I've worked with a few developers who are able to fly through customization requests. Everything is granular in permissions too: you can create groups for permissions or individuals, and you can get pretty detailed in what those permissions are. It's incredible on so many levels for so many different sizes of teams.

Cons

It does cost money. Not a cheap product. But if you need a website that's more complex than a blog, it should be worth it. Just make sure to get buy in from everyone involved with setting the budget. Customer service can connect you with sales reps who would be more than happy to provide you with content to show the ROI if you aren't sure how to bring the C Suite onboard. Then you don't have to worry so much about getting your annual budget approved just to stay in the same system. Get everyone committed to the spend!

Not a friendly CMS

Pros

I honestly cannot think of anything I like about this software that other content management softwares don't have.

Cons

At least the version I use is definitely not user-friendly. It is slow and complicated to use. Everything is complicated and takes forever. The aesthetics are outdated. I have never fully learned how to use this software because no one in my organization knows. We have all learned by trial and error and random online forums. I cannot wait to use a different CMS for our company website.

This is not the CMS you are looking for

We were initially excited about their new accelerator product, SXA, but soon realized that compared to other visual builders on the market it was at least three generations behind. The targeting/audience was really unknown--you had to have extensive coding knowledge to use it, but it was cumbersome if you did actually want to just code. If you didn't have coding experience, it was totally unusable, so you're much better off with a WordPress page builder solution (which is what we now use).

Pros

The only real thing we liked about using Sitecore's CMS was the stability. It didn't crash more than a few times a year, and it never got hacked (that we know about ).

Cons

Where do I start ? This product is just awful. It's hard to use. It's not friendly to marketers, only developers. It requires extensive customization and coding just to produce a simple site. There is no upside to the expense and effort if you're a marketer or content producer wanting to publish good content quickly.

Not for Everyone, but a strong product for the features

ContentHub has provided us with a great solution that we only see expanding upon as we mature in digital marketing.

Pros

The biggest aspect of Siteore is the ability to offer personalization at a price that rivals most MarTech offerings today.

Cons

Not the easiest to use, and definitely not cheap for smaller organizations. You need to do your homework.

Highly customizable .NET based enterprise CMS with a bit of a learning curve

For large enterprise operations with a fully staffed full time team to support this is a great option. Especially for small to medium multi-site environments. Scaling up from dozens to hundreds of sites however looks like it would be a challenge to govern content and code base.

Pros

For experienced .NET teams familiar with the Sitecore platform we can customize and extend virtually every feature of the CMS. Newer marketing automation features really enable us to take our marketing and retail based sites to a much higher level of sophistication with modern features like content personalization and real-time A/B testing etc.

Cons

Once our team got familiar with the Sitecore way of configuring sites they felt effective, however that ramp up time a longer than some other systems. That has made it difficult to find experienced talent. It has also made outsourcing more experience than some other more common CMS systems like Wordpress or Drupal.

Sitecore can be great, but all depends on your team supporting it

We switched over to using Sitecore 4 or 5 years ago, transiting from another web content management system. The transition was a lengthy process, mainly because we had to switch over the look and feel and content of the existing site. Sitecore is a great tool and is very flexible, but it requires more skill and people to maintain then our previous CMS. We enjoyed the previous one, but made the switch because of the capability and functionality available with Sitecore. I would recommend Sitecore, but just as long as the team that supports it has the technical skill and there is a well thought out plan for how it should be configured.

Pros

Because Sitecore is essential just an online platform that is a .net application, you can set up and configure the system anyway you want, and get as granular as you want with the permissions. The system is real flexible and if you can think of it, the system can most likely do it! It is a more advanced system then some of the other CMS out there (which is also a con).

Cons

You need a real concrete plan for setting up your CMS, everything from the templates to how you want users to edit the pages. There is a lot, so it takes a lot of planning and forward thinking. You also need people with the right skills and tools to maintain and configure the system. It is a more advanced system then some of the other CMS out there (which is also a pro).

Not for everyone, but perfect for many

I am not a developer myself, but I worked VERY closely with them as a front-end designer and content manager. It got complex sometimes, but most of the time we needed something done or an overhaul on the website, the developers knew exactly how to handle it. I was really impressed.

Pros

For those who have large or complex websites, Sitecore has a lot of features that will cover your needs. I haven't run into something that isn't possible with Sitecore because of it's customization and adaptability.

Cons

You WILL need a developer or a team of them to get the most out of this product. Sitecore has teams that can help set up your software the way you need it, but it's at a cost, and you probably know your own systems better than them. But they're a great resource when you need to make sure something goes right that's tricky.

We work with a partner and it is a great platform with Mindtree

We get a lot of marketing benefit and once everything is connected we will be able to provide marketing ROI.

Pros

It is connected to everything , and we are integrating even more to it. Salesforce, email, and more.

Cons

It's hard to use and not a lot of info docs to make it easy to use. I don't like that it takes a long time to load the work box and a few other features.

User of Custom Sitecore Platform

We are able to a lot more on our own without having to reach out to IT for them to do things that we could easily learn to do, but were behind bigger walls before.

Pros

It has made content management and the posting process much easier than our previous processes, and has become a central location for all of our online content, no matter which of our sites we are posting to. It has also made the SEO process an easier one, as everything is right there for me as a user, and I don't have to reach out to our IT folks to do much of the work.

Cons

That we have to log into sitecore on a different browser than the browser we use to log into our websites.

Robust and powerful CMS

My company uses Sitecore to create engaging user experience for those who may be interested in cruise. Sitecore allows us to build this experience, visually rich and mobile friendly.

Pros

I like a lot about Sitecore. I like that you can edit just one content piece on your page and publish it without publishing the whole page. I like the variety of responsive layouts that that may be created and the control you have over each of your page's element. I like how content blocks may be reused across pages and sites. It definitely takes time to understand how to build pages and make edits, but it totally worth it!

Cons

I wish building forms could be a more intuitive process and that it would be easier to rearrange items in the content tree to place them in the precise position.

Great tool but can be expensive

This CMS is amazing and has a ton of features, but getting it off the ground can be expensive. I am not a fan of the per user license and would rather pay one price and have as many users as I want.

Pros

Excellent multisite multilingual tool. Easy to update with a ton of extra marketing features

Cons

EXPENSIVE. Per user license agreement. Needs heavy customizations.

Best CMS

I am using this software since last 6 years

Pros

Very User friendly, easy to add/edit page content.

Cons

U/I and features of the software are user friendly

Sitecore!

Pros

Best CMS software in the market right now.

Cons

Sitecore Support can be better with quick response timeline.

Solid Content Management System

Ability to publish content quickly

Pros

Cons

There are so many bells and whistles that go unused due to more intensive training needed or because of internal support limitations.

Sitecore Holds Up Well Against Competitors

Pros

Sitecore allowed my client to unearth a lot of valuable marketing insights by combining and contextualizing data from various sources. We found problems that we weren't aware of, as well as opportunities we didn't know existed. Those discoveries alone made Sitecore a sound choice.

Cons

It is not the easiest software to use, and does assume or even require some prior knowledge. This was not entirely mitigated by their support and documentation. Ideally, you could introduce a new employee to Sitecore and have them hit the ground running, but the learning curve seems steeper than it needs to be.

A reliable tool!

Content Hub allows me to maintain vital information on websites and helps me effectively communicate what I desire to my audience.

Pros

Content Hub enables me to organize my webpages easily. It's ability to allow users to edit and publish articles and reports on the same page is fantastic.

Cons

The amount of time it takes to publish new information from Content Hub to our website takes a little longer than expected.

Works for content teams

This tool has helped several departments in our company work together to power our website and content in an efficient way.

Pros

This software allows us to power hundreds of pages on our website and store and organize all of our digital assets.

Cons

It can be a bit difficult to navigate at first, but with proper training and a bit a practice, you get the hang of it pretty quickly.

one of the best Digital Marketing Platforms

Pros

Digital Marketing capabilities Tracking of customer experiences Extensibility A/B testing capabilities

Cons

Expensive for basic cms needs Not 100% headless content

Easy to use and convenient

Pros

Easy to use and convenient. It works well for large businesses with many locations such as distributors or dealerships.

Cons

Lacking in some capabilities such as forms. I think there are some forms but they don't meet all the requirements we need.

You can customize a lot, but long learning curve

Pros

Once you learn how to use it, it allows you to do a lot more than other major CMS, it allows you to customize your website very easily using different modules, without any need to use your precious IT support hours. Good if very few and skilled people need to learn how to use it, and if you have the time to learn its logic. The system

Cons

I found the learning curve for this CMS longer than any other I've used before, you spend a lot of time trying to figure out how things work. Some processes could be streamlined. Being it kind of difficult to learn, I wouldn't advise it for organizations that need many people to use the CMS. Overall, it's very expensive not only in terms of money but also in terms of training. Also, apparently not many freelancers know it well, hence might be hard to find an extra pair of hands for a deadline.

Excellent content management system

Very easy and efficient content management system that enables the user to migrate content into the webpage.

Pros

It is very easy to use Has a lot of functionalities It helps your to organize your content very well

Cons

It is a bit slow sometimes It crashes

confusing, & not user friendly

Pros

I like that this software has multiple stages of approval before changes are published allowing you to be sure that you are publishing exactly what you want.

Cons

I do not like a lot about this software as it is not user friendly whatsoever. You need a lot of training before being able to confidently use this software even using it weekly.

Sitecore Review

I managed a website from 2006-2010 on the Sitecore platform. I thought it was a great CMS and very flexible. I am not an expert coder but found it very easy to use. Ultimately, it had more features and tools than the organization found necessary for the price they were paying and they switched platforms.

Cons

It's impossible to use if you aren't a developer or submit to weeks of training.

Pros

It seems very sophisticated and powerful, provided the implementation focuses on what content editors need to build and edit pages.

Cons

Exceptionally unintuitive, complex with confusing and inconsistent naming conventions. Without exceptionally good training, it's impossible to figure it out.

Sitecore platform current position

Easy to manage websites within this platform and easy to create new one.Will see that issue

Pros

Easy to deploy or create sites and never try to block my ideas

Cons

less of user guides for the newly workers who haven't any idea about that