Square Online Logo

Square Online

Website designing tool for eCommerce businesses

Square Online Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.23/10

Reviews by rating

Ease of use and an excellent support team makes Square Online a fabulous option. The templates are designed to look good on both desktops and mobile devices.
The ability to add multiple photos and contiually edit photos is probably what I like best. Description of product tells only some about the product.
The website looks good and is easy for a customer to use. I don't have to spend a fortune on it and I don't have to be tech savvy.
I also dislike the fact that I am unable to pick and choose what types of services require a contract and which ones do not.
Setting up and editing products and pricing is hard to do.
The functionality of the system. The back office.is hard to learn and it's a learning curve for someone new.

JA

Jennifer A.

instructor

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Plenty of bang for the buck

Transcript

Jennifer A.: Hi, I'm Jennifer. I'm owner of I.C. Pilates Studio, and I give Square Online a 4 out of...

Janiece S.

CEO

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Awesome Payment Platform

Transcript

Janiece S.: Hi, my name is Janiece and I am the owner of a consulting firm, and I give Square Online...

Ariel F.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Great order management application

Pros

I like that square offers different other features and applications that work with all the other square products. Square is also very easy to use and maintain.

Cons

Sometimes I think that square is physically too small or not sturdy enough.

TB

Thomas B.

The only software I’ll use

Pros

You can run your entire business through Square. E-commerce, storefront, payroll, marketing, team management and inventory management.

Cons

A little in the pricey side but still worth it. Getting in touch with customer service is not easy.

eh

elizabeth h.

square review

it is okay

Pros

it is fairly easy to use and update to keep us fairly current

Cons

we are having difficulty recapturing full money for our clients for cancelled online orders. it is very frustrating

KR

Kandace R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Square is great!

I don’t use it that much.

Pros

I love all the functions and being able to keep track of all my clients and check them out and get them rescheduled so quickly!

Cons

I wish there was a better way to switch between locations on the appointment app

SM

Savannah M.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Easy and affordable online service

I love square I’ve been using it for 6+ Years now and it’s easy. I love That they offer square capital and it comes ar all the right times

Pros

I love the ability to check out a client and book a client within the same app. I love that I can Access transactions and reports right from my phone

Cons

The ability to book with a credit card for no shows and allowing us to choose what’s being charged and making sure the card is legit

KM

Karen Mardell H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

The best business user platform available!

Excellent. Great customer service, follow up, and explanation's when needed.

Pros

Customers rave on the ease of use and it's super easy to navigate, edit, or update.

Cons

Sometimes, it can be difficult to find the location to make a change to the site.

JR

Jonathan R.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Best software for any business period!

I couldn't have asked for a better company to work with. My company is growing against all odds thanks to square.

Pros

What i love about square is how user friendly it is. How square cares about its customers in how they have excellent customer service. They help grow my business to now have multiple locations

Cons

Nothing !!!! Square is perfect. Absolutely will never leave square.

Amy R.

A Small Business With a Big Agenda

Love it. I always have. Smart, affordable and easy to use. I especially like the fact that the two times (over ten years) that I needed tech support, I was able to talk with a person in minutes.

Pros

As a businesswoman and an artist on a mission, I appreciate having an easy to use platform for promoting and selling my work. I don’t like to spend much time on a computer, but if it’s helping me be successful, I’m in. Square offers all the tools I need in a value packed package.

Cons

Least? I suppose when I went from swipe to chip I dropped my phone handing it to a customer for a signature. Lesson learned.

AE

Ann E.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

So happy I made the leap!

A very good experience overall! I get done what I need to get done and have all the basics that I need.

Pros

The ease of use has been critical for me & my business.

Cons

I do feel that there could be more features - many of which are likely available in the paid versions - that would certainly help out.

John P.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Square Online-Best Solution for Small Business ECommerce

Pros

That it integrates with all of the other Square Products. I love I can access it from my mobile device.

Cons

The connectivity can be spotty at times and it can crash on mobile devices at inopportune times.

NW

Nicole W.

Stylist that uses Square

Pretty good

Pros

It’s Straight forward and end-user friendly.

Cons

I want more personalization for my website.

KS

Kate S.

Retail, self-employed

Getting better

I love having a website that syncs with my in store sales. It’s made improvements, but a few more would make it better.

Pros

I love that it integrates so easily with my inventory.

Cons

I’d love more customization in the design of the site, to make it more on brand to my business. I’d love a way to sort items by sold out so I can reorder easily or mark them unavailable.

HT

Heather T.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Excellent Product with Hidden Costs!!

Functionality of the website and operation is excellent. Customer service and knowledge of staff is not what it should be and information regarding fees is unclear.

Pros

I loved how easy everything was and that it was very similar to the way Apple products work.

Cons

There are a LOT of hidden costs with Square. We were going to use Square for our entire operation as it has features for a food business that no one else in the market has. Unfortunately Square charge 50p per online order that is not explained clearly on their website. As we process thousands of orders per week that cost is huge compared to rivals. Square were unable to provide an explanation of what that 50p per order was for and as it can’t be justified we cannot transfer our complete customer base to Square.

kc

karen c.

Retail shop review

Pros

Easy to use - love the integration with my POS in-store. I don't have to worry about purchasing an additional app to manage inventory.

Cons

I wish they had a gift registry option - that would make this almost perfect!

ds

dawn s.

Retail, self-employed

Great quality for the price

Pros

I love the easy to use features! I am able to add products with ease. Add coupons as well. I feel it isn’t overly complicated either. I love the added features you can add.

Cons

I wish the marketing and loss cart and loyalty club were cheaper to add. I’d like those features but can’t swing the extra feeez.

TS

Tanya S.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Why you should go with Square

I love that I can post new products to my website and then tag them on my social media platforms all within 5 min. It just makes sooo many things simpler.

Pros

The ease of setting up my website was amazing!!! I had no website design experience prior to setting mine up. It was so easy. I just followed the prompts and read some of the tips and voilà! I have an amazing website!! I get compliments from my customers all time on how nice my website looks. They are absolutely amazed that I didn’t myself with no prior experience. If I can do this anyone can!!

Cons

I can’t really think of anything that sticks out to me that I don’t like. The few issues that I’ve had were usually my error or not quite understanding what was needed. Just like with any computer software once you learn it and get familiar with it it’s a breeze.

AF

Alyssa F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

The best for small business!

Pros

Implementing Square was the easiest way to get my small business off the ground. Whag started as just a plug in card reader on my phone has now evolved into a brick and mortar retail storefront with an awesome online presence and shopping cart. The ease of installation and setup is what I love most about Square. It's accessible and intuitive.

Cons

I wish Square would accept EBT transactions. Otherwise, I have very few hiccups with the system. And it's constantly being updated to implement new features requested by its users.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

All Square, but will Shop-If-I have a need/opportunity to try a different provider 😉

Overall, each individual component part is quite strong. And several of them do work quite well together when aligned with the more common use cases (e.g. accepting bookings for a hairstylist followed by in-person payments, or estimates and invoice management for a service business). However, as you start layering in additional complexity or are looking at less common needs/applications, the simplicity that is arguably its core selling feature in the beginning ends up working against it as you start to feel like you've got "lots of different things, in lots of different places, and some of it is repetitive but isn't always, and some of it syncs automatically but sometimes not, and........" well... you get the drift.

Pros

Overall, they offer a robust service suite with sleek POS tools, a clean end-user UI, strong inventory management, and offer a strong, trusted brand name in the market.

Cons

I get the impression Square is best suited for rather "single-dimensional" businesses -- when you start to get into more dynamic and multi-faceted distribution channels, order types, variable inventory and order process flows, etc., it starts to feel a bit clunky.

ML

Michaeline L.

Square Online Review

Very happy overall with ease of use. Additional upgrades and additional are appreciated.

Pros

Easy to use, inexpensive, integrates with square store easily.

Cons

Website templates are limited and square online stores start to all look similar. Offering discounts with multiple purchased items without using a coupon is not available. Having automatic shipping discounts without using a coupon is not available. Would like automatic discounts and be able to offer free shipping when minimum orders are met. Have to be careful about generating a shipping label because you only get one chance. If a shipment requires two or more labels, can only generate through square online via shippo. Then have to go to shippo to generate additional labels. That is a hassle.

JK

Judith K.

Square Online

Great ! Love it !!!

Pros

Ease of use and setup and cost. As a small business - this service is perfect for our needs.

Cons

No issues or problems except for the one exception - during the customer checkout process, there is an option for including a coupon at checkout - this is by default - there is no way for the seller to opt out of this option - it should be an option for the seller to enable this if they plan to offer a coupon or special code.

DH

Daisy H.

Jd Wireless

I enjoy square I’ve been a member with them since 2017 and will continue to do so I just purchased a square stand for an iPad and will purchase a register to have an easier layout when making transactions.

Pros

I enjoy using Square because it is so easy and user-friendly. My employees just get right on it no need to show them 1 million times because it is that simple I enjoy it and I love to recommend other people to use it as well it’s also inexpensive and I enjoy it because it just takes some money right out so I don’t have to worry about paying no fees at the end of the month it’s already done

Cons

The least I like is how my reader disconnects but it’s fine I’ll just reconnected every day that’s the only downside

AU

Alesha U.

Stylist Review

Pros

Easy to use and I love all of the extra features.

Cons

I wish to allowed reviews to be posted on social media.

JH

Jason H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, self-employed

I love using square

I do love all of the features. Most of it is straight forward and easy to use.

Pros

It is easy to learn and use. It is straight forward.

Cons

It is pay to play. Subscription to open up all the parts of the service adds up quick.

JM

Jordan M.

Hospitality, self-employed

Best scheduling app I’ve ever used!

My overall experience so far has been positive. It saves me a headache most days, and keeps me super organized. Before square I just used my Apple calendar, which was a nightmare because of other non work related things interfering with my appointment. I have told almost everyone about this software because it’s really a superior application over anything I’ve used in the past. I am a highly satisfied customer!

Pros

The scheduler & the website have served me most purpose. I also really enjoy the ability to check out my customers, and keep record of all of my finances. I know that my customers have really enjoyed & appreciated the appointment notice they receive the day before their appointment, and the ability to reschedule if necessary. It has really freed up a lot of my time to do school work (full time student). I am not having to constantly remind & respond to everyone. I am highly satisfied with square, and am happy to continue using it!

Cons

I don’t have any big cons with this software. I think the only thing that was a little bit of a struggle to get used to is when I schedule new customers I have to be extra careful about inputting their information or else they are put into my system incorrectly.. which sometimes leads to scheduling mix ups.

DW

Drew W.

Farming, 11-50 employees

One stop shop for small business

Fast, easy, flexible. It has been pretty seamlessly added to our business

Pros

Ease of use. Minimal training required to deploy to all employees. Real-time reports on daily sales.

Cons

I wish that I could input a fee associated with a transaction that is not a tax. For example: a flat amount per unit instead of a percentage of total value.