Ecwid Logo
Ecwid

eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

visit website

Ecwid Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.96/10

See full reviews by rating

Top 3 alternatives

How many times have you used a software that has this. Even for international use it is amazing, plus it syncs with the best apps and plugins out there.
Easy to do business with the platform, just make sure your configurations are correct and you will be good to go.
You can only connect an online store and no other platforms.

Devonna L.

Owner

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Great for small business owners

Transcript

Devonna L.: I am Devonna. I'm a business owner. And I give Ecwid a three out of five. If you're interested,...

OS

Obasi S.

Consultant

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Best Cart System Comparatively

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Obasi. I'm the owner of a health and wellness company and I give Ecwid a 5/5. Okay....

Melissa S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

My boss was so impressed...

Overall Ecwid was super easy to set up. I didn't think it would be as it isn't one of the larger e-commerce companies, but I was able to set up and integrate a small trial shop in one afternoon and it looked so professional on our website.

Pros

I love that there is a free version of this software. We integrated the free trial into our site to sell t-shirts and coffee cups. We integrated this into our Wordpress website and it looks AMAZING. My boss was so impressed. I hope that by being able to show what is possible for us we will get permission to expand the project in the near future. Having the ability to get this off the ground with no monthly fees is what sold us on using Ecwid...most other e-commerce sites don't have this small trial store option and this is specifically what made my project a success.

Cons

Ecwid works great and has all the basic features and integrated with both Wordpress and our printing, processing company, Printerly. It isn't as full featured as Shopify, but gets the job done and gives us lots of room to grow and improve as the project takes off.

Devonna L.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Great for small business owners

My overall experience has been amazing I'm under the venture plan which is $17 a month and you can basically compare the venture plan to Shopify basic plan which is $29 a month.

Pros

What I like most about the software is it's very easy to use whether you're doing it based from your browser or from the app. Very simple and easy website design and setup.

Cons

The thing that I like least about the software is that they actually don't have their own payment processor versus Shopify. But it gives you the option to use square, stripe,2checkout&More.

MD

Markus D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great for start ups , small companies and private people which are new to ecommerce

If you don't find anything or your are facing other issues, Ecwid's customer service is just excellent. Live chat available and outside of business hours they usual answer within 24 hours.

Pros

User-friendly platform with a great database of instructions, no coding needed but I you want to use coding, it's possible and for people who want to learn coding here, they provide a great CSS Cookbook. Very inexpensive Ecommerce platform if you start from scratch.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like from Ecwid.

ap

alexander p.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Login by password not available anymore

They decided to just turn off the login by password causing the most important features on my webshop to stop working, 2000 customers are not able to login anymore. Thank you very much!

Pros

I used ecwid for over 6 years and it worked fine until they turned of the login by password

Fv

Francois v.

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Best eCommerce solution

The features it offers are exceptional, their support is fantastic and overall the best solution out there!

Pros

Extremely easy to set up your ecommerce site, user friendly and feature rich! After investigating several other solutions, ecwid is by FAR the best of the best!!

Cons

Absolutely nothing! Compared to other product, I have absolutely nothing that I would say is a con for using this software!

LR

Latresse R.

Retail, self-employed

Easy to Use and Fully Functional!

I've been using Everyone shopping cart for almost 4 years and I'm satisfied with the service. I've tried other companies and always revert back to Ecwid. It provides all the necessary told and features for a website or online retail store.

Pros

Easy to create new products for online store. Easy to setup store and affordable price.

Cons

I'm not particularly happy with the design options and usable templates.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

THE BEST

I have 2 businesses and I use Ecwid.com for both. It is very easy to use. I set up my stores myself with no experience in IT. Ecwid is very easy to use. Ecwid is simply the BEST! !!

Pros

Ecwid is very easy to use and user friendly

Cons

None. I like everything about Ecwid! :)))))))))

Fernando T.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Vende con EcWid

Muy buena experienca, en temas de marketing digital es una buena herramienta administrativa.

Pros

Que se puede integrar con distintas páginas web para llegar al mercado con más canales de venta.

Cons

Talvez un poco el precio de los planes, debería estar atado al volumen de ventas.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

BB

Barclay B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

The BEST SOFTWARE we’ve ever used

I couldn’t ask for a better platform

Pros

We love the White label Solution Ecwid offers. We were able to develop our own services based on what they offer.

Cons

We would have loved to have the POS app available for Android.

EM

Emilio M.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Economico funzionale per l'e-commerce

Pros

È una piattaforma molto semplice da utilizzare

Cons

Dovrebbero migliorarsi nelle applicazioni per smartphone

JD

Joshua D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

piattaforma eCommerce semplice da utilizzare e con grandi potenzialità

La mia esperienza con ecwid in generale è positiva. lo strumento è facile da configurare e utilizzare e le potenzialità sono importanti.

Pros

Ecwid è uno strumento davvero versatile con il quale è possibile realizzare eCommerce completi a tutti i livelli. è particolarmente indicato per realizzare soluzioni eCommerce per le piccole imprese. ho trovato particolarmente piacevole utilizzare ecwid perché è semplice da utilizzare. Nel caso in cui bisogna realizzare un ecommerce complesso è possibile affidarsi alle potenti API messe a disposizione per realizzare soluzioni e integrazioni su misura.

Cons

come la maggior parte delle piattaforme commerce "pronte all'uso" difficilmente riesce ad offrire tutte le funzioni di cui si ha bisogno. In molti casi si dovrà quindi scendere a compromessi, acquistare plugin aggiuntivi o ricorrere allo sviluppo di funzionalità ad hoc. Fortunatamente Ecwid mette a disposizione delle versatili API che permettono di realizzare quasi qualsiasi cosa si possa immaginare.

PE

Pius E.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Ecwid

Ecwid is a proper choice for your e-commerce needs especially if your primary marketing channel is social! I use my Ecwid store to showcase products that perform better with social traffic and this works perfectly with Ecwid.

Pros

Ecwid offers the best social commerce for Instagram, Facebook, and Google shopping. With its in-built integration, you can in no time showcase your products on your social network platforms. Ecwid offers a lot of channels but the social ones are a stand-out for me.

Cons

Ecwid's SEO is not as robust as its competitors like Shopify. For your site to be discovered on Google search with just its SEO won't cut it. You will need to push more SEO towards your connected blog, and perhaps other third parties services you have connected to your store.

HG

Hester G.

Government Relations, self-employed

Ecwid Reviews - What to know!

Overall, Ecwid deserves special mention for its fully free plan and extensive multilingual selling capabilities. When it comes to SEO, though, there is some room for improvement. Ecwid is a simple, powerful way to add ecommerce capabilities to an existing website or to set up an online store on a Facebook page or other social media platform. There are better solutions available if you're constructing a separate site — I'd recommend Shopify or BigCommerce — but Ecwid does exactly what it says on the tin: it allows you to simply add ecommerce to any website. Ecwid is an excellent choice for small businesses since it is simple to use, offers a comprehensive set of ecommerce functionality, and is competitively priced.

Pros

Multi-currency selling is simple to set up (although you will need to pay for an app to do so). You won't have to worry about manually setting up state tax or VAT rules because tax rates are applied automatically. Ecwid can be easily integrated with major content management systems using plugins and apps. Ecwid offers a completely free plan that includes a lot of useful features. It allows you to have many language versions of your store. All plans have real-time carrier quoting capabilities. It allows you to have many language versions of your store. Ecwid is an easy method to integrate ecommerce into any current website. Point-of-sale capability is available and can be implemented in a variety of ways.

Cons

The SEO features might be improved. Ecwid does not allow you to generate AMP versions of product pages. While beneficial, the Instant Site feature is not a replacement for a fully-specked standalone store. Only the most expensive options include phone support. Only iOS devices are compatible with the mobile POS integrations. You can't use any of the SEO capabilities in the free version. While the multi-currency capabilities is generally good, the local currency is not displayed at the last level of checkout. In the Ecwid App store, there are a limited amount of apps and integrations. Product variants are not available on the free or entry-level plans.

Nigel Masimba R.

Information Services, self-employed

Syncronise Your Inventory Accross Multiple Platfoms

Overally, positive. I managed to set it up easily on my website and do a test purchase within an hour. Ecwid is a breeze and I wonder why it isn't more popular, especially among non-technical users.

Pros

Can connect multiple content management systems, social media stores and other platforms and manage your inventory and sales from one dashboard. It has a free tier so you can get started without any additional expenses for up-to 10 products. Well documented developer resources for custom integrations. It uses a fixed monthly subscription and there are no transaction fees, so the more you sell the higher your profits. No coding skills needed to set up and no need for entering API keys or unique pins or any of that. Ecwid automatically connects the store using your email address.

Cons

The free tier has very limited features. You can only connect an online store and no other platforms. If you decide to discontinue using Ecwid, it may be challenging to find an alternative as there are few other platforms that provide a similar service for synchronizing inventory across platforms. Depending on your country you may need to build a custom payment gateway integration to accept local payments. For the free version, styling is not flexible. However you can manually style your website store with som custom CSS. It added a store link to the navigation menu of my website without asking, and then when I deactivated the plugin, the (broken) store link remained behind.

Santiago A.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Simple, useful and powerful, the best for E-commerce.

One of the things that constantly worried us was the integration with our header site, with Ecwid we have successfully and in record time, integrate without difficulty or additional payments what our store needed. Besides, we get a complete platform to enhance our products to other business niches, participating in social networks with the full support they put at their disposal. Another solution,...

Pros

One of the things that I like most, is the simplicity that they offer to all their clients, it is one of those platforms that allow you to venture into e-commerce, without the worry of going through long training processes, it is as simple as register and start uploading all the products you have available to the platform. It is a platform that does not abandon you in the sales process, on the contrary,...

Cons

I have been using Shopify for years, and I can say with responsibility, that Ecwid is the rival that in a short time will give a surprise to the world of E-commerce, I have no negative aspects to identify so far, on the contrary, it is simpler and more intuitive than its Shopify, a platform that causes a lot of headaches for many reasons.

PK

Paul K.

Retail, self-employed

Ecwid and their blog posts have provided the platform and training to be effective and competent.

The Ecwid platform is easy to use on the day-to-day business end of things. It is also quite adaptable to custom tweaks, most of them being for free, but some major tweaks can be made through their development team. I am continuing to use Ecwid, and hope to be using it for some time into the future.

Pros

The Ecwid online store gives me the ability to sell my product to both the USA market and also to the global market. Custom development helped me set up tracking the amount in my limited USA inventory as well as sell from the relatively unlimited inventory drop shipped from New Zealand. Ecwid helped set up a subdomain of my own domain name to point to their Starter Site. The Starter Site is currently hosted on Amazon's servers while my website is hosted on another server. ~~~~ Ecwid's blogs have guided me systematically through both the steps necessary to utilize fully their store platform, but also the particulars of running a small online business. (payment setup, LLC's, Instagram photo Apps, Google Shopping, Google AdWords, how to find legal advice and tax advice, to name a few)

Cons

I can only find one bugaboo with the software platform: Since my shipping comes from two sources, I do not use an Ecwid sponsored shipping App but the USPS Click-'N-Ship website itself to generate labels. The tracking numbers copy/pasted into Ecwid for the USPS shipments have not yet been clickable to the USPS.com website for the customers to see the progress of their orders. Of course, the NZ orders...

PK

Paul K.

Consumer Goods,

Ecwid Blog Emails provide timely advice appropriate to my need at that specific time.

Ecwid Blog Emails come to my Inbox at a rate I can handle, for me to analyze and apply to my online SIDS prevention store. We started in 2004, as distributors for a New Zealand SIDS prevention company, with a single-developer, online store integrated into our website. That store had a user forum for support issues. In June of 2015 I asked a local website upgrade specialist his recommendation on...

Angel R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

An integrated and secure system to enable everyone to trade online with ease

Ecwid has simplified all stages of publishing products, receiving orders and payments with ease and efficiency, and has enabled us to continue adding new products as well as smoothly modifying designs, images and accompanying information. Indeed, Ecwid and through its amazing capabilities enabled us to own an outstanding online store and helped us expand our customer base and increase sales as well.

Pros

I really appreciate how simple Ecwid is and how quickly you learn the right way to use it effectively. Ecwid enables us to create an integrated online store, and also provides a large number of suggestions and templates to enable the user to design his store in the appropriate manner, so that he can add images, information, contact data, product prices and payment methods, in addition to the facilities it provides to store customers during their purchases. . Indeed, with Ecwid and at the appropriate prices for the services it provides, users can develop their online stores without the need to use programming consultants or help applications, as the support provided by Ecwid will help to overcome any problem that users may face at all stages.

Cons

I haven't experienced any distasteful things regarding its great potential to help set up online stores with minimal costs. But when we need to integrate it with one of the marketing platforms, we find it difficult and we need to complete this process for auxiliary applications, which becomes costly. I want improvements in this area so that we can market our store properly and at a low cost.

CR

Claudio R.

Internet, self-employed

Ewid sistema Sars

Utilizzo Ecwid da oltre due anni. Tramite una dashboard completa è possibile gestire il proprio catalogo, le vendite, il marketing, recuperare carrelli abbandonati, newsletter, creare email personalizzate, gift card, coupon e impostare sconti automatici. La configurazione globale (pagamenti, regole delle spedizioni e impostazioni generali) è intuitiva. Buon rapporto qualità/prezzo.

Pros

Ecwid è un sistema e-commerce SaaS facile da utilizzare. È possibile configurare il tuo negozio tramite un interfaccia intuitiva, costruire un sito web e sincronizzare i tuoi prodotti nei vari canali di vendita messi a disposizione. Puoi integrare il tuo negozio in Joomla!, Wordpress, Wix, Weebly o qualsiasi altro sito tu preferisca. Ecwid si integra perfettamente in qualsiasi sito web.

Cons

Le funzionalità integrate per i canali di vendita (eBay, Amazon, Welmart e Google Shopping) agevolano la sincronizzazione dei prodotti ma il loro costo mensile (sottoscrizioni), più la commissione sulla vendita, riducono notevolmente i tuoi guadagni. Questi applicativi non sono supportati dal team di Ecwid ma dai relativi sviluppatori. Inoltre, per il tuo sito web, le opzioni di configurazione dei layout non sono sufficienti.

Used other for 2+ years

Great solution for setting up an online shop quickly & easily

Pros

Ecwid's admin panel makes it super easy to set up an online shop. Even better, if you're already using a Wordpress site, you can quickly add that shop to your site without having to plug in any number of WooCommerce plugins and extensions that you'd need to do everything that Ecwid has already done for you. Another bonus is the ability to give clients a way to log in and manage their shop without having to log into their website. Many of my clients are way too nervous to log into their live site, but feel perfectly comfortable logging in to a more focused shop-only dashboard.

Cons

Early on, there were a few nuances I didn't like, but the service has come a long way in terms of development over the past few years, leaving me with nothing on my list of things I don't like.

SS

Shakthivijayan S.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

A very good E-commerce platform

I am able to get all my orders on one platform. I can track my customers later.

Pros

Easy to use. The free store option is possible for life long if you have got less than ten products. This free feature nobody offers. Customer service is very good. We can customize the software with a price though. There are additional apps to help us with a few things. I am satisfied with the software even though it's not 100% perfect. That's only because of the nature of business changes for every company.

Cons

There are a few. But still, the software is usable and good. Sometimes the software loads slowly in mobile phones and I feel it's a and network issue. Once I update a paid order, this would not show when and what time the update was made. SImilarly for any updated crucial step, this software would not show. The change inside the order, for example, adding a product or deleting a product won't automatically...

Christopher H.

Design, self-employed

Best fit for an eCommerce solution

I needed a way to sell my products internationally and have the eCommerce side be handled in a professional and reliable and secure way and Ecwid gave me exactly what I wanted and needed.

Pros

Ecwid was recommended to me by a friend and it was the best decision I ever made in terms of an eCommerce solution. As an artist and designer who wanted to have a versatile and customizable store front on my websites, Ecwid fulfilled all my needs. Beyond this tho, Ecwid allowed me to connect my Square readers payments seamlessly, and I have to say that their customer service is very good. It should...

Cons

The only negative I might say about Ecwid is that there can be some restrictions when trying to integrate your sales channels into Facebook and Instagram. Additionally, sometimes the CSR you get via online chat (which IS convenient, I must say) doesn't have a legitimate knowledge of all aspects of Ecwid, so it's a bit hit and miss in that sense.

DD

Dale D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

I rushed into making a decision, but it seemed to work out.

It has been good, better than my review probably implies. I do like the ease of use, the customer service, and wish we could afford more, but we will one day.

Pros

Actually, it was the customer service that rocks. Management has their hand in your pocket 24/7 nudging you to buy or upgrade. very annoying. Ths CS team does a great job, maybe they can send management home early soon.

Cons

Constantly having to needing to upgrade when some of these items should be included in the monthly fees. It is very hard to budget when it is necessary to buy an optional plugin or and unexpected item you thought was part of the package isn't and more money goes out the door for that instead of for the customer or potential customer.

Leia P.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Best Online Shopping Cart System

I've been with ecwid for years. It has been a great experience and easy to use. I started with the free version and as my business continues to grow I've upgraded my account twice to have access to features that grown my business even more.

Pros

I love the ease of tracking orders on my phone. I love that I can edit items on my phone and they will automatically be updated on my website. I love that the shopping cart system is easy to use for customers and if they abandon a cart they receive email reminders and sometimes coupon incentives to check out.

Cons

I do not love the lack of integration with my payanywhere payment system. so i have to do 2 separate accounting. . . but they do intergrate with clover which i no longer have.

Steven S.

Design, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Very nice online store but there is room for improvement.

Overall, Ecwid is a very nice store that allows a lot of customization. For some of the changes, I needed to contact support and change some CSS code to make it work but in the end, it is a very nice store. I looked into and tried Shopify in the past but very quickly realized this was not as easy as Ecwid for me.

Pros

I really enjoy the user experience as a whole. It is very simple to understand and get a store up and running. I use a built-in Ecwid plugin for a Duda website-building platform. So, it is like a 3rd party Ecwid store. Because of this, there are a few features that are missing but overall, you can still build a very nice online store. The framework and layouts are very easy to understand and use as well as you are able to customize many things on each page. The catalog page, single item page, checkout, and more.

Cons

One of my clients is a greenhouse and they have around 2,000 products. Until recently, there was no way to bulk change pricing or other features for select products which was a pain to have to change every product individually. Ecwid has made an update so this is possible which has saved about an hour of clicking and pasting which is awesome. However, there is still room for improvement. For example,...