Ecwid Logo

Ecwid

eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

Ecwid Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.88/10

Reviews by rating

How many times have you used a software that has this. Even for international use it is amazing, plus it syncs with the best apps and plugins out there.
Easy to do business with the platform, just make sure your configurations are correct and you will be good to go.
You can only connect an online store and no other platforms.

BH

Brienne H.

Founder

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Ecwid Review: Would not recommend for customer support

Transcript

Brienne H.: Hi, I'm Brienne. I'm the founder of a digital marketing agency, and it is me, myself, and...

Devonna L.

Tax Specialist

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Great for small business owners

Transcript

Devonna L.: I am Devonna. I'm a business owner. And I give Ecwid a three out of five. If you're interested,...

Christopher H.

Design, self-employed

Best fit for an eCommerce solution

I needed a way to sell my products internationally and have the eCommerce side be handled in a professional and reliable and secure way and Ecwid gave me exactly what I wanted and needed.

Pros

Ecwid was recommended to me by a friend and it was the best decision I ever made in terms of an eCommerce solution. As an artist and designer who wanted to have a versatile and customizable store front on my websites, Ecwid fulfilled all my needs. Beyond this tho, Ecwid allowed me to connect my Square readers payments seamlessly, and I have to say that their customer service is very good. It should...

Cons

The only negative I might say about Ecwid is that there can be some restrictions when trying to integrate your sales channels into Facebook and Instagram. Additionally, sometimes the CSR you get via online chat (which IS convenient, I must say) doesn't have a legitimate knowledge of all aspects of Ecwid, so it's a bit hit and miss in that sense.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Jack of all trades, master of none

We are implementing it for several clients that need a functional ecommerce site with zero to minimal maintenance or with a do it yourself type of philosophy. Not much to say about it.

Pros

Ecwid is a robust platform for the newcomer with pretty much everything streamlined to get your website up and running in no time.

Cons

Ecwid might make you have a website up and running in no time but that means it is going to look like a template available to anybody, so you might end up having a copycat website somewhere. For seasoned developers/designers this is not your platform.

ap

alexander p.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Login by password not available anymore

They decided to just turn off the login by password causing the most important features on my webshop to stop working, 2000 customers are not able to login anymore. Thank you very much!

Pros

I used ecwid for over 6 years and it worked fine until they turned of the login by password

JB

Jill B.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Awesome Software - easy to use

Pros

I found the software easy to set up and add to my Wordpress site

Cons

No complaints about the software. I am about to do a complete overhaul of my shopping cart. I will continue to use the software.

Nigel Masimba R.

Information Services, self-employed

Syncronise Your Inventory Accross Multiple Platfoms

Overally, positive. I managed to set it up easily on my website and do a test purchase within an hour. Ecwid is a breeze and I wonder why it isn't more popular, especially among non-technical users.

Pros

Can connect multiple content management systems, social media stores and other platforms and manage your inventory and sales from one dashboard. It has a free tier so you can get started without any additional expenses for up-to 10 products. Well documented developer resources for custom integrations. It uses a fixed monthly subscription and there are no transaction fees, so the more you sell the higher your profits. No coding skills needed to set up and no need for entering API keys or unique pins or any of that. Ecwid automatically connects the store using your email address.

Cons

The free tier has very limited features. You can only connect an online store and no other platforms. If you decide to discontinue using Ecwid, it may be challenging to find an alternative as there are few other platforms that provide a similar service for synchronizing inventory across platforms. Depending on your country you may need to build a custom payment gateway integration to accept local payments. For the free version, styling is not flexible. However you can manually style your website store with som custom CSS. It added a store link to the navigation menu of my website without asking, and then when I deactivated the plugin, the (broken) store link remained behind.

NM

Nancy M.

Ecwid made me famous :o)

My customers like the checkout routine.

Pros

So easy to use.Any updated product information shows up on my website instantly.

Cons

I can't think of one negative thing.

AC

Adela C.

Its an excellent platform

Since I started using Ecwid my work has been simplified, everything has been more organized, I have data from all my clients. What I can say is that my business has benefited.

Pros

It makes your work more practical, less time consuming and more organized, customer service always help you in any need.

Cons

It can be a little expensive, but putting everything on a scale I feel it's worth it.

LD

Laszlo D.

Tobacco, self-employed

Ecwid experience

Pros

Like because easy and usable! I like every day so this is my other family member😂

Cons

This website help me every day! Help me from my work, selling, everything

WP

Willy P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Major league features for smalls business

Love it

Pros

Ease of Use. helps small business implement e-commerce at a fraction of the cost

Cons

only chat access to customer support unless you get on the higher tiers

LN

Lonwabo N.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

What you need to know about Ecwid!

It has saved me a lot of money because it would have had to pay someone to create a. Website for me . I also like the fact that I can access my business at any time and any where easily.

Pros

Exwid gas it's own app where I can mange every thing from adding or removing sold out stock and even make sales. It can also even make sales automatically for the premium site. I integrated it with Facebook and Instagram

Cons

I just wish they can assist even more people with the app because it's not as straight forward as it seems.

HG

Hester G.

Government Relations, self-employed

Ecwid Reviews - What to know!

Overall, Ecwid deserves special mention for its fully free plan and extensive multilingual selling capabilities. When it comes to SEO, though, there is some room for improvement. Ecwid is a simple, powerful way to add ecommerce capabilities to an existing website or to set up an online store on a Facebook page or other social media platform. There are better solutions available if you're constructing a separate site — I'd recommend Shopify or BigCommerce — but Ecwid does exactly what it says on the tin: it allows you to simply add ecommerce to any website. Ecwid is an excellent choice for small businesses since it is simple to use, offers a comprehensive set of ecommerce functionality, and is competitively priced.

Pros

Multi-currency selling is simple to set up (although you will need to pay for an app to do so). You won't have to worry about manually setting up state tax or VAT rules because tax rates are applied automatically. Ecwid can be easily integrated with major content management systems using plugins and apps. Ecwid offers a completely free plan that includes a lot of useful features. It allows you to have many language versions of your store. All plans have real-time carrier quoting capabilities. It allows you to have many language versions of your store. Ecwid is an easy method to integrate ecommerce into any current website. Point-of-sale capability is available and can be implemented in a variety of ways.

Cons

The SEO features might be improved. Ecwid does not allow you to generate AMP versions of product pages. While beneficial, the Instant Site feature is not a replacement for a fully-specked standalone store. Only the most expensive options include phone support. Only iOS devices are compatible with the mobile POS integrations. You can't use any of the SEO capabilities in the free version. While the multi-currency capabilities is generally good, the local currency is not displayed at the last level of checkout. In the Ecwid App store, there are a limited amount of apps and integrations. Product variants are not available on the free or entry-level plans.

Angel R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

An integrated and secure system to enable everyone to trade online with ease

Ecwid has simplified all stages of publishing products, receiving orders and payments with ease and efficiency, and has enabled us to continue adding new products as well as smoothly modifying designs, images and accompanying information. Indeed, Ecwid and through its amazing capabilities enabled us to own an outstanding online store and helped us expand our customer base and increase sales as well.

Pros

I really appreciate how simple Ecwid is and how quickly you learn the right way to use it effectively. Ecwid enables us to create an integrated online store, and also provides a large number of suggestions and templates to enable the user to design his store in the appropriate manner, so that he can add images, information, contact data, product prices and payment methods, in addition to the facilities it provides to store customers during their purchases. . Indeed, with Ecwid and at the appropriate prices for the services it provides, users can develop their online stores without the need to use programming consultants or help applications, as the support provided by Ecwid will help to overcome any problem that users may face at all stages.

Cons

I haven't experienced any distasteful things regarding its great potential to help set up online stores with minimal costs. But when we need to integrate it with one of the marketing platforms, we find it difficult and we need to complete this process for auxiliary applications, which becomes costly. I want improvements in this area so that we can market our store properly and at a low cost.

SS

Shakthivijayan S.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

A very good E-commerce platform

I am able to get all my orders on one platform. I can track my customers later.

Pros

Easy to use. The free store option is possible for life long if you have got less than ten products. This free feature nobody offers. Customer service is very good. We can customize the software with a price though. There are additional apps to help us with a few things. I am satisfied with the software even though it's not 100% perfect. That's only because of the nature of business changes for every company.

Cons

There are a few. But still, the software is usable and good. Sometimes the software loads slowly in mobile phones and I feel it's a and network issue. Once I update a paid order, this would not show when and what time the update was made. SImilarly for any updated crucial step, this software would not show. The change inside the order, for example, adding a product or deleting a product won't automatically...

MC

Mohamed C.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Beginner based Platform to start Selling online effortlessly

Ecwid is the easiest way to start selling online at ease thanks to its built in features, affordable plans with almost no additional fees, transparent policies and more importantly, a rich dashboard to manage your store, from setting prices to product description, and from inventory management to SEO customerization. Ecwid should be the first platform to land on to explore how simple online selling is thanks to the variety of integrations and constant support.

Pros

Through on a free trail plan; Ecwid provides all that beginners need to sell online easily; it user-friendly dashboard that allows you use built-for-you templates to descibe products, set prices, shipping methods and even ways to market your products. Ecwid comes with affordable plans, less fees and mainly many gateways for payment processing. Even if you are still unsure of selling online, Ecwid thought of connections and integrations to many third party apps and platforms, which allow dropshipping, an opportunity to start the journey.

Cons

Ecwid is not ideal for large businesses as it is less popular than many other platforms in this industry, namely Wix; it is less common if not inexistent in many countries, and of course, their currencies.

Josh S.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

A great, low-cost, feature rich option to sell your products

This gave us the option to sell our products online and in person while keeping track of inventory and putting on a great looking design and appearance.

Pros

We used Ecwid as a plug in to our website to sell our handmade board games. It was easy to set up through the app store on wix and integrated directly into our website. It also worked directly with our phone and square hardware to be able to create a POS system when we when to trade shows to be able to accept peoples credit cards quickly while emailing them a receipt. The online store had many design and display options, the ability to put certain things on sale, the highlight items you want to move, and to separating things into different categories. It also keeps great track of your inventory. It really was a one stop solution to selling our product online.

Cons

There was a slight issue when we first started using it for an in person Point of sales system with Square as it would either record our purchases twice with no great way to correct that or it would only show the sale on the square app and not Ecwid so it wouldn't remove the item from our inventory. We eventually got it worked out though through their customer care and all was good.

AW

Alli W.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Fun, Functional, and best of all- painless!

I love Ecwid. First storefront I've ever used, and as somebody who personally despises trusting 3rd party with my merch- I get the hands on experience I require with a wonderful site that keeps track of my orders, is easy to update, and makes selling online more fun than I imagined it could be. You can't argue with the low (and size optional) one time monthly payments either- super affordable and incredibly fair for the tools you're given here. Thank you so much! -Alli White

Pros

The pull down menus to set an orders status is super helpful and I love that customers get the updates into their inboxes to know I'm working on their stuff! The storefront was easy to integrate onto my website and is clean cut and easy to browse. The image loading process is painless as well and I like the ability to create an album of images, as well as for massive, multiple loads of merch, you can directly copy one listing and alter it slightly- SO HELPFUL and saves me so much time!

Cons

The international shipping, while abundantly bursting with options- can almost be too overwhelming at times.

Design, 1-10 employees

Easy To Use - Hard To Customize

ECWID makes ecommerce a lot easier than normal which is great for smaller businesses and boutique shops. It allows for a cost effective alternative to the more expensive companies out there.

Pros

This software is easy to teach and can be used on any device. When showing my clients of multiple ages how to add new products and keep inventory they catch on easy. You can integrate your store on different platforms like Adobe Muse, Wix, Wordpress etc. Or create your own generic store using their store builder. There are more options for product variations than most other programs out there.

Cons

Unfortunately customizing your store look is very complicated. You need to have some level of coding to do so or you have to hire a designer to do it for you. The main downside is it doesnt work well if you want to use it or a restaurant. Food options, layout, mixed with customizability does cause an issue in the food industry.

MP

Mike P.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Ecwid helped us through the holidays

Ecwid helped us get through the holiday season, but I wouldn't expect us to be with Ecwid a year from now. I'm still looking for a comprehensive solution for our event driven business.

Pros

We're a paint and sip business and previously sold admission through Ticket Tailor. We switched to Ecwid before the holidays because it integrated with Wix, processed payment through our POS systeym/merchant service provider (Clover Flex/EPI) and integrated with a digital gift card application (GiftUp). It was relatively easy to onboard and use so far.

Cons

For our business model, it would suit us better if Ecwid had an event arm, or similar functionality. We've had to list our events as products, which works okay, but not great. It would be helpful if the products would expire and disable in the store at a set time (at the beginning of our events). The digital gift cards are slightly disappointing because our customers are unable to use a digital gift card and a promo code on the same transaction. Effectively that penalizes them if they have a digital gift card.

GP

Graham P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Best value going

Smooth easy and flawless with great apps to add on.

Pros

Easy to use and cost effective, these guy's don't clip the ticket on your turnover. there are also a plethora of apps to add on for more functionality to your web page.

Cons

I would change nothing, the workflow of this software is easy and very customizable, with plenty of options.

LR

Lauri R.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

A New and Creative Business Journey with Ecwid at the Helm, Driving My Dreams.

TBA

Pros

Allows me to have total control over options, and showcased on a beautifully organized product page, easy for customers to read and choose options. And we have choices of layouts, and we have codes to help us customize. The customer service is awesome. I have nothing to judge it against except (very good Everweb ). I know nothing about an e-commerce store. First the videos....most are clear, step...

Cons

Nothing so far. You have fixed everything I could not find. I believe I've been able to learn very quickly with all the learning tools and rep has to offer. Any new tools take time. My vocabulary keeps me on a bit of a longer search right now, but as I go I grow. Thank you again.

Bev F.

The support/customer service is second to none

ECWID tailored a code for me last year, so I could produce special discounts and this was a good experience not just for me, but more importantly for my customers. I have received many compliments on my store from my regulars.

Pros

It's simple to understand when you start, and then quick and easy to update. Sometimes there's a new technical thing I want to try and when I don't have time, I go on chat. They answer fast and have always been able to help - they know what they're talking about and make me feel valued. Also there's a lot in their app market that's really useful - integration with mail-chimp for instance, is great.

Cons

Nothing really. If I don't understand I go to chat and get help. The only thing would be I wish chat was available at the weekend as that's often when I have the most time to updated my services.

Hope J.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Great shopping cart for multiple items to sell

My bakery sells multiple versions of the same cookies and bars. This cart allows us to make all the choices clear to our clients, price them accordingly, add shipping choices, add comments, pics and other great behind the scenes parts that make our store amazing to the outside and easy for us to manage on the kitchen side. Highly recommend it!

Pros

all the extras that allow me to make each item for sale easy to buy, customize and ship, while keeping the client happy and informed of what is happening with their order.

Cons

Searching for items on the back end means I have to be very specific with my word choices. And if someone doesn't follow the pattern set for how to categorize the items for sale, finding them to enable or disable can become a chore and/or mean a lot of unnecessary files/items on the site that should be eliminated.

DW

Drew W.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Early Adapter of this Rock Solid E-commerce Platform

I started with ECWID a few years after it started. Because of that, I am on the legacy plan and have not upgraded to access some of the advanced features, particularly order editing. I have never lost data, never had a service interruption. It integrates well with my Joomla website. I don't plan to ever change platforms. It is a great service

Pros

Reliability. Never been hacked, never lost service. Rock solid platform. Finally transferred by shipping to an add-on (Shipping Easy) and it has taken much of the manual work off of my plate. Order comes in to my cell phone. Print out the invoice and do the fulfillment. I also like the digital download capability.

Cons

The only feature I miss is order editing. But that is because I have not upgraded to that level of service.

GS

Gregory S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Ecwid Just Works

I run a restaurant directory site. The billing for the membership is handled through the website. However, there was no way to charge any onboarding fees, extra-advertising fees, etc. I was able to add another page with the Ecwid product. This was a very quick fix that does everything I needed it to do.

Pros

The software "just works." It's super easy to set up. Very easy to integrate with my Stripe account. Changes, additions, subtractions, etc are very intuitive.

Cons

There isn't really anything I don't like about the software. If anything, I was a little annoyed by the email follow-up campaign. Not that there was anything inherently "wrong" with it. It would be very helpful for someone who did not know at all where to start or where to go with the product. All that said, this was not a real issue. I simply unsubscribed from the emails and went on.

Julian D.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

We help people to use means that benefit them more.

Pros

It seems all right when you hurry into choosing a program.

Cons

A lot. This is information that we can sell.