Ecwid Reviews

Ecwid

eCommerce software for mobiles, websites and social media

4.61/5 (442 reviews)

Pros
  • It has great and easy to use features and i like that they have a free plan to start with.Philisa N.Read the full review
  • It was easy to implement on my website, was secure, and provided an easy and pleasant transaction for both the customer and my side.Kayla S.Read the full review
  • Ecwid helps me make money online with little effort on my part. I love the user-friendliness, compatibility with my site, and great customer support.Tiffany H.Read the full review
Cons
  • I haven't identified any major flaws as yet. There was only one thing that I found so difficult that I gave up and that was connecting my store to eBay and Amazon.Maryann H.Read the full review
  • The only negative I might say about Ecwid is that there can be some restrictions when trying to integrate your sales channels into Facebook and Instagram.Christopher H.Read the full review
  • M having trouble linking up my ecwid store to Facebook and Instagram.Jess S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Santiago Altriaga

Simple, useful and powerful, the best for E-commerce.

Reviewed 2019-04-13

One of the things that constantly worried us was the integration with our header site, with Ecwid we have successfully and in record time, integrate without difficulty or additional payments what our store needed. Besides, we get a complete platform to enhance our products to other business niches, participating in social networks with the full support they put at their disposal. Another solution, is that similar platforms like Shopify, offer you a service but you make constant payments of everything you use, if something comes out you should also pay for it, it's one of the things that makes us bet on Ecwid, because it does not have small letters, It is direct to what you need without tricks or additional payments outside the agreed upon. Thus, we have saved money that we end up investing in other needs of the company, or for the purchase of other exclusive products.

Pros
One of the things that I like most, is the simplicity that they offer to all their clients, it is one of those platforms that allow you to venture into e-commerce, without the worry of going through long training processes, it is as simple as register and start uploading all the products you have available to the platform. It is a platform that does not abandon you in the sales process, on the contrary, it puts at your disposal all the available channels so you can increase your sales. Another thing that I like, is to be able to reach new niche markets with integrated tools, you can create stores on Facebook and Instagram without difficulty, always with the Ecwid platform. Also, I liked how easy it is to integrate with WordPress, just install a plugin within the panel and voila, you can immediately publish your products.

Cons
I have been using Shopify for years, and I can say with responsibility, that Ecwid is the rival that in a short time will give a surprise to the world of E-commerce, I have no negative aspects to identify so far, on the contrary, it is simpler and more intuitive than its Shopify, a platform that causes a lot of headaches for many reasons.

Latresse Reedus

Easy to Use and Fully Functional!

Reviewed 2019-08-08

I've been using Everyone shopping cart for almost 4 years and I'm satisfied with the service. I've tried other companies and always revert back to Ecwid. It provides all the necessary told and features for a website or online retail store.

Pros
Easy to create new products for online store. Easy to setup store and affordable price.

Cons
I'm not particularly happy with the design options and usable templates.

Nigel Masimba Rodgers

Syncronise Your Inventory Accross Multiple Platfoms

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2020-07-21

Overally, positive. I managed to set it up easily on my website and do a test purchase within an hour. Ecwid is a breeze and I wonder why it isn't more popular, especially among non-technical users.

Pros
Can connect multiple content management systems, social media stores and other platforms and manage your inventory and sales from one dashboard. It has a free tier so you can get started without any additional expenses for up-to 10 products. Well documented developer resources for custom integrations. It uses a fixed monthly subscription and there are no transaction fees, so the more you sell the higher your profits. No coding skills needed to set up and no need for entering API keys or unique pins or any of that. Ecwid automatically connects the store using your email address.

Cons
The free tier has very limited features. You can only connect an online store and no other platforms. If you decide to discontinue using Ecwid, it may be challenging to find an alternative as there are few other platforms that provide a similar service for synchronizing inventory across platforms. Depending on your country you may need to build a custom payment gateway integration to accept local payments. For the free version, styling is not flexible. However you can manually style your website store with som custom CSS. It added a store link to the navigation menu of my website without asking, and then when I deactivated the plugin, the (broken) store link remained behind.

Easy To Use - Hard To Customize

Reviewed 2019-01-23

ECWID makes ecommerce a lot easier than normal which is great for smaller businesses and boutique shops. It allows for a cost effective alternative to the more expensive companies out there.

Pros
This software is easy to teach and can be used on any device. When showing my clients of multiple ages how to add new products and keep inventory they catch on easy. You can integrate your store on different platforms like Adobe Muse, Wix, Wordpress etc. Or create your own generic store using their store builder. There are more options for product variations than most other programs out there.

Cons
Unfortunately customizing your store look is very complicated. You need to have some level of coding to do so or you have to hire a designer to do it for you. The main downside is it doesnt work well if you want to use it or a restaurant. Food options, layout, mixed with customizability does cause an issue in the food industry.

Edward Caplan, LSCW

Shopify is too big for it's britches, use Ecwid

Reviewed 2019-09-11

So far so good

Pros
You can get up and running on Ecwid with a "Free Forever" account. This will only allow you 10 items to sell but as a start this is well enough. Other platforms will offer a 30 day trial but then you need to pay to continue.

Cons
Most of the best features have to be paid for. Will probably do soon as the pricing plans seem reasonable and the options (selling on Facebook and Instagram) seem to be worth it.

Ricky Ruff

Perfect E-commerce Solution For Those On A Budget

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-01-30

Overall my experience with Ecwid has been a favorable one. The software has allowed me to integrate the platform into Wordpress themes and social media pages, giving me a well rounded solution for my e-commerce needs.

Pros
What I liked most about this software is that it’s perfect for those wanting to setup an online shop but are limited with their budget or currently don’t have the necessary funds to support a month to month plan offered by many other e-commerce solutions.

Cons
What I liked least about this software is the lack of video tutorials and training available to consumers as compared to other major e-commerce platforms.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

THE BEST

Reviewed 2019-05-08

I have 2 businesses and I use Ecwid.com for both. It is very easy to use. I set up my stores myself with no experience in IT. Ecwid is very easy to use. Ecwid is simply the BEST! !!

Pros
Ecwid is very easy to use and user friendly

Cons
None. I like everything about Ecwid! :)))))))))

Jill Bartlett

Awesome Software - easy to use

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-01-02

Pros
I found the software easy to set up and add to my Wordpress site

Cons
No complaints about the software. I am about to do a complete overhaul of my shopping cart. I will continue to use the software.

Christopher Hemsworth

Best fit for an eCommerce solution

Reviewed 2019-10-29

I needed a way to sell my products internationally and have the eCommerce side be handled in a professional and reliable and secure way and Ecwid gave me exactly what I wanted and needed.

Pros
Ecwid was recommended to me by a friend and it was the best decision I ever made in terms of an eCommerce solution. As an artist and designer who wanted to have a versatile and customizable store front on my websites, Ecwid fulfilled all my needs. Beyond this tho, Ecwid allowed me to connect my Square readers payments seamlessly, and I have to say that their customer service is very good. It should be noted too that as of Fall 2019 Ecwid recently updated a variety of things and boosted their quality and features quite significantly! Ecwid has always been the perfect fit for me since I started using it several years ago, and now it just got even better. I could go on and on about all the great aspects from shipping settings, to the new instant storefront, but I invite you to go check it out for yourself!

Cons
The only negative I might say about Ecwid is that there can be some restrictions when trying to integrate your sales channels into Facebook and Instagram. Additionally, sometimes the CSR you get via online chat (which IS convenient, I must say) doesn't have a legitimate knowledge of all aspects of Ecwid, so it's a bit hit and miss in that sense.

John Bolt Jr.

This is our webstore!

Reviewed 2019-09-17

When Adobe Muse announced it was going end of life I was very worried, but wocode.com stepped up to the plate and Ecwid offers their E-commerce platform through that ecosystem and I could not be happier!

Pros
SOOO easy to use! The options are easy to use! In about a day I was about to set up the entire storefront. This included linking our shipping accounts, our payment options, adding some products with all of our options. The best part is, I was able to show my boss how he could manage the storefront himself! This ecosystem is very well done!

Cons
None that I can think of! We are a print shop with some very complicated product offerings and this store is able to handle those for us with no problems!

Paul Knoll

Ecwid and their blog posts have provided the platform and training to be effective and competent.

Reviewed 2017-11-13

The Ecwid platform is easy to use on the day-to-day business end of things. It is also quite adaptable to custom tweaks, most of them being for free, but some major tweaks can be made through their development team. I am continuing to use Ecwid, and hope to be using it for some time into the future.

Pros
The Ecwid online store gives me the ability to sell my product to both the USA market and also to the global market. Custom development helped me set up tracking the amount in my limited USA inventory as well as sell from the relatively unlimited inventory drop shipped from New Zealand. Ecwid helped set up a subdomain of my own domain name to point to their Starter Site. The Starter Site is currently hosted on Amazon's servers while my website is hosted on another server. ~~~~ Ecwid's blogs have guided me systematically through both the steps necessary to utilize fully their store platform, but also the particulars of running a small online business. (payment setup, LLC's, Instagram photo Apps, Google Shopping, Google AdWords, how to find legal advice and tax advice, to name a few)

Cons
I can only find one bugaboo with the software platform: Since my shipping comes from two sources, I do not use an Ecwid sponsored shipping App but the USPS Click-'N-Ship website itself to generate labels. The tracking numbers copy/pasted into Ecwid for the USPS shipments have not yet been clickable to the USPS.com website for the customers to see the progress of their orders. Of course, the NZ orders come by First Class mail, so they naturally do not have tracking but only dispatch dates which I also copy/paste to customers. ~~~~ Not sure if it is because I am fully up and running the online business with the Ecwid Store, or there has been an actual drop in the amount of work on the part of Ecwid to provide me with helps, tips and business advice through their blog posts. But I have noticed a marked decline in the once plethora of insightful help the Ecwid blogs had been providing me. ~~~~ All in all, I am quite happy with what Ecwid provides in both the store software platform and with their blogs in the help in getting me up and running.

Paul Knoll

Ecwid Blog Emails provide timely advice appropriate to my need at that specific time.

Reviewed 2016-10-28

Ecwid Blog Emails come to my Inbox at a rate I can handle, for me to analyze and apply to my online SIDS prevention store. We started in 2004, as distributors for a New Zealand SIDS prevention company, with a single-developer, online store integrated into our website. That store had a user forum for support issues. In June of 2015 I asked a local website upgrade specialist his recommendation on what store I could move to. His immediate response was Ecwid. Without much research into it--with complete faith in his insistent recommendation--I made the move and installed the store myself into my recently upgraded to Joomla site. The initial installation and upgrade to the VENTURE plan went like a breeze. I did everything myself without the help of anyone but occasional Ecwid support for minor issues. I connected to both PayPal and Authorize.Net payment methods quite easily. Our store was quickly up and running. All along the way as our business proceeded, the Ecwid Blog anticipated our need by providing tips and insight to not only their own store, but also landing page optimization, advertising budgeting and withstanding price undercutting by competition. At first my business expertise was only my own instincts. Then my expertise was from classroom sessions by startup organizations. These startup sessions were broad and rarely tailored specifically to my needs. The Ecwid Blog Emails in my Inbox are very appropriate and timely next-steps for me to take to improve in some very specific ways the standing of our business. Even when I am busy, I look forward to reading them when they come to see what next I can improve, so I can put that step into my schedule. Thank you Ecwid for such a wonderful and versatile platform, and also the business assistance along the way. My `not perfect' score for Ease of Use is because I did not take a look and observe the effect of a parameter change I made before going on to another setting. My fault, not Ecwid's. A couple of months ago we upgraded to the BUSINESS plan in order to separate the sales of our two inventory locations, New Zealand and the USA. The stock is relatively infinite in New Zealand, but we were frequently overselling our limited USA stock because both locations were shown as infinite to our customers. Thank you Ecwid custom development for separating our inventories shown to our customers.

Vlad B

Best and cheapest e-commerce for beginners and startups

Reviewed 2016-10-21

I've been using Ecwid for about 2 years already and I can say that it's one of the best solutions for e-commerce that you can find. It has some reasonable prices if not free, if you're selling up to 10 products. For startups like me having no fees for few products was a God send. The interface and set up is one of the fastest and easiest to get accustomed to. They've also improved many features in these years, with better UI, payment gateways, taxes, multi language, Encription, Invoices, notification e-mails and so on. To be honest it's almost on par with Shopify and probably if they continue to improve the visual customisation might become one of the best out there. The only drawback so far is the level of visual customisation they offer through their interface, so that you customise the colors, buttons and so on with the rest of your website. Now you do most of the stuff through CSS, although they have also some 3rd party add-ons to make visual adjustments faster, but still, I'd like something integrated and less time consuming to make my website look as one. Once they solve this issue, I think they'll cut a big share of what Shopify is now. Give Ecwid a try as it's worth every penny.

Pros
Flexibility and reliability.

Cons
Customisation in visual terms.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Josh Starrett

A great, low-cost, feature rich option to sell your products

Reviewed 2018-12-07

This gave us the option to sell our products online and in person while keeping track of inventory and putting on a great looking design and appearance.

Pros
We used Ecwid as a plug in to our website to sell our handmade board games. It was easy to set up through the app store on wix and integrated directly into our website. It also worked directly with our phone and square hardware to be able to create a POS system when we when to trade shows to be able to accept peoples credit cards quickly while emailing them a receipt. The online store had many design and display options, the ability to put certain things on sale, the highlight items you want to move, and to separating things into different categories. It also keeps great track of your inventory. It really was a one stop solution to selling our product online.

Cons
There was a slight issue when we first started using it for an in person Point of sales system with Square as it would either record our purchases twice with no great way to correct that or it would only show the sale on the square app and not Ecwid so it wouldn't remove the item from our inventory. We eventually got it worked out though through their customer care and all was good.

Simone Collins

Fantastic Shopping Cart

Reviewed 2016-10-24

When offering paypal buttons for items on my website became too fiddly to work with, I researched shopping cart options that easily integrated with multiple websites and Facebook, and after trialling a few, decided that ecwid suited my purposes best. I haven't looked back! Ecwid has hands down been the easiest, most intuitive shopping cart system to work with. The interface is excellent - for the most part it is clear where to find what you need, and if you do need extra help, the Support pages tend to answer anything you need to know, and there is an online forum for help from the developers. New features are constantly being rolled out, which keeps making it better and better. I absolutely recommend ecwid to anyone looking for an easy-to-use, cost effective and feature-rich shopping cart.

Pros
Very clean, intuitive interface.

Cons
Too few options for shipping for individual products - I'd like to be able to customise what options are available, and restrict locations some items can be shipped, rather than everything using the same global options.

Alli White

Fun, Functional, and best of all- painless!

Reviewed 2016-10-21

I love Ecwid. First storefront I've ever used, and as somebody who personally despises trusting 3rd party with my merch- I get the hands on experience I require with a wonderful site that keeps track of my orders, is easy to update, and makes selling online more fun than I imagined it could be. You can't argue with the low (and size optional) one time monthly payments either- super affordable and incredibly fair for the tools you're given here. Thank you so much! -Alli White

Pros
The pull down menus to set an orders status is super helpful and I love that customers get the updates into their inboxes to know I'm working on their stuff! The storefront was easy to integrate onto my website and is clean cut and easy to browse. The image loading process is painless as well and I like the ability to create an album of images, as well as for massive, multiple loads of merch, you can directly copy one listing and alter it slightly- SO HELPFUL and saves me so much time!

Cons
The international shipping, while abundantly bursting with options- can almost be too overwhelming at times.

Steve Mobsey

Shopped around for an awesome shopping provider

Reviewed 2016-10-21

Hi, I first joined ECWID back in 2011 after shopping around and discovering their innovative approach to shopping cart software. The price is very competitive and being able to build my business across a number of different websites simultaneously by the unique ability copy and paste your shop code to any website page anywhere really won me over. Since then they have not let up with a feature set that grows and grows it seems every week. The customer service / support was always good but honestly in the last year or two has begun to astound me. My only reason for 4 stars for value for money is that some of the add-on app features that you have to pay extra for I'd like to see for free. That being said there are plenty of very very good and useful free apps. Just check out some of them out at my webstore store at www.mobilesafety.com.au :)

Pros
Loading speed. Good design. Shopping cart can be respawned anywhere easily. Ease of use & features including share buttons, shipping calculated already, easy product uploads and editing etc.

Cons
Needs a free upsell app. eBay integration is not yet available for eBay Australia. I had lots of difficulty integrating with Adwords.

Mary Shafer

Insane value for the price!

Reviewed 2017-08-22

I can set it and forget it, knowing ECWID is powering my online book sales, and I really appreciate being able to have such strong confidence in a product so crucial to my company's success.

Pros
So far, I haven't found a functionality that I want that isn't available, and I like the modularity of the software, allowing me to choose and pay only for what I need. It all works together seamlessly, and gets the job done without a lot of messing around. Plenty of options for reporting on very granular data about sales, abandoned carts, etc. as well as excellent customer support, especially in the form of regular newsletters with ideas to increase sales and just do a better job of maintaining your business all around. I especially like the way ECWID is constantly increasing functionality and offering more options to customize. This is just really good value for the money, and allows me to create a shopping experience I can be proud of.

Anonymous

Great solution for setting up an online shop quickly & easily

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-29

Pros
Ecwid's admin panel makes it super easy to set up an online shop. Even better, if you're already using a Wordpress site, you can quickly add that shop to your site without having to plug in any number of WooCommerce plugins and extensions that you'd need to do everything that Ecwid has already done for you. Another bonus is the ability to give clients a way to log in and manage their shop without having to log into their website. Many of my clients are way too nervous to log into their live site, but feel perfectly comfortable logging in to a more focused shop-only dashboard.

Cons
Early on, there were a few nuances I didn't like, but the service has come a long way in terms of development over the past few years, leaving me with nothing on my list of things I don't like.

Susan Signer

Highly Recommend Using Ecwid as a Tool to Increase Sales

Reviewed 2016-10-22

We use Ecwid for our document services business. Currently, we utilize Ecwid's Store on our website and Facebook. Ecwid has helped increase our revenue by ensuring an efficient purchase experience for our customers. What is great about Ecwid is that they offer a FREE version which allows up to 2 categories and 10 products to allow your business to grow. Design is limited in FREE version. We like the SKU and description categories that help us determine our target markets. Other bonus features include setting up the automated customer notifications and various payment options which include credit cards, checks, Paypal, e-check, and several other payment options. Once you have built your customer base, you can expand to add more products and increase your sales with Ecwid's Premium version. The Premium version is packed with added benefits of automated tax at check out and adding of E-Markeplaces. While the design features are somewhat limited, the overall benefits outweigh any possible pitfalls. We highly recommend using Ecwid as a Tool to Increase Sales.

Pros
Easy to use. Great on social media and e-Marketplace.

Cons
Design options.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Hope Jones

Great shopping cart for multiple items to sell

Reviewed 2016-10-21

My bakery sells multiple versions of the same cookies and bars. This cart allows us to make all the choices clear to our clients, price them accordingly, add shipping choices, add comments, pics and other great behind the scenes parts that make our store amazing to the outside and easy for us to manage on the kitchen side. Highly recommend it!

Pros
all the extras that allow me to make each item for sale easy to buy, customize and ship, while keeping the client happy and informed of what is happening with their order.

Cons
Searching for items on the back end means I have to be very specific with my word choices. And if someone doesn't follow the pattern set for how to categorize the items for sale, finding them to enable or disable can become a chore and/or mean a lot of unnecessary files/items on the site that should be eliminated.

Catherine Loftus

Good but doesn't Interface with every web creator

Reviewed 2016-10-20

I wish there was more interface with Wix. If Wix is allowing users to use the ap, they should also have access to the full functionality of ECWID aps, such as the Multiple Promotions at once feature...otherwise we are happy with the ease of use.

Pros
That is easy to follow the process of an order from processing to fulfillment

Cons
If you sell on a made-to-order basis, there is no way to go and see how many of that item you ahve old over time without manually counting up from the orders. Should be some kind of feature that allows you to view how many times a partcular items has sold on the back end, where you edit the item maybe? If you don't keep an inventory, then there is no way to track and I can't show an inventory because my products are custom and people will think they are in stock and ready to ship, when really they must be created once the order is place. It is misleading to the customer if it says instock. Does not interface with Facebook to where facebook shows the shop on the business page front. You have to click on a tab or button to get to the storefront. Shopify shows up on the main page of business pages.

Bahaa Radwan

Ecwid Understand small businesses needs

Reviewed 2018-11-02

It is great experince , I like it , and I am sure that if i am starting a new store as I planned , it will be only with Ecwid

Pros
the software meets most of the needs to establish and run an e-commerce business, I can't say it is "The Perfect software " because there isn't any". I like the simplicity of building the store, connect with third-party provider in the area of payment, shipping, etc. Also I very much appreciate the customer service proffissinalism in handling the customers issues .

Cons
1- store design and layout 2- the entry of product takes a long time, especially if one deal with hundreds of products, you have to move from page to another 3- it will be nice and very much help if some of the priced add-ins added to the software as a basic element of the software 4- the language used in the FAQ and assistant is not some time clear enpugh

Drew Wilkens

Early Adapter of this Rock Solid E-commerce Platform

Reviewed 2016-10-21

I started with ECWID a few years after it started. Because of that, I am on the legacy plan and have not upgraded to access some of the advanced features, particularly order editing. I have never lost data, never had a service interruption. It integrates well with my Joomla website. I don't plan to ever change platforms. It is a great service

Pros
Reliability. Never been hacked, never lost service. Rock solid platform. Finally transferred by shipping to an add-on (Shipping Easy) and it has taken much of the manual work off of my plate. Order comes in to my cell phone. Print out the invoice and do the fulfillment. I also like the digital download capability.

Cons
The only feature I miss is order editing. But that is because I have not upgraded to that level of service.

Graham Peters

Best value going

Reviewed 2019-10-29

Smooth easy and flawless with great apps to add on.

Pros
Easy to use and cost effective, these guy's don't clip the ticket on your turnover. there are also a plethora of apps to add on for more functionality to your web page.

Cons
I would change nothing, the workflow of this software is easy and very customizable, with plenty of options.