FloQast Logo

Suggested alternatives

netsuite
zoho-books
intacct

FloQast has been a great partner helping us from implementing the software to continuous improvements based on our feedback. The Software has been extremely user friendly and easy to work with.
Aside from how much we are utilizing the product, we also have had the pleasure of working with a great team at FloQast who have provided excellent customer service.
The sorting feature is great. I enjoy the ability to be able to see what I have due and whether or not it is complete.
The biggest downside for our use of the system has been the inability to separate reviewer and preparer from having something due.
I've had a lot of syncing issues, which can be very frustrating when the software isn't recognizing files or files don't show up.
Many accountants try to argue that, due to time constraints, this is just not possible. Many accountants are wrong.

KK

Katherine K.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

The product is so simple but so powerful

Pros

We have been working with #FloQast for about 6 months now and this is one of the best investments we have made. The Implementation process was so quick and easy. You can get it up and running with the basics and then begin filling out all the fine details of the close process. We were in a difficult process of implementing a new accounting software system in our organization when we became aware of #FloQast. I don't think we would been able to catch up and get back on track with our monthly close process so quickly without #FloQast. It created a great structure for making sure everything was done and out staff love the satisfaction of checking off their tasks.

Cons

Still looking for any significant deficiencies.

CM

Cristina M.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Floqast is an excellent platform to help streamline the close process

I would choose Floqast time and time over. I've been at other companies that have not adopted a central close platform and it makes a huge difference in knowing the status of close and who/what needs most attention to push close to the finish line. The Floqast team is always responsive and open to critique and you can tell they really adore their product and care about making it better by constantly producing value added features for its end user.

Pros

Floqast allows your whole month end process to be viewed within one easy to use website that syncs with the some of the biggest ERP systems. We can get real time updates with a click of a button which allows us to be in the know when it matters most. Long gone are the days of emailing for approvals and forcing even more items into your work inbox. Floqast can easily communicate in Slack and other communication apps to alert you immediately of items needing your attention. The auto rec recon functionality also carries the ability to replace cumbersome excel recons. Overall it's a fantastic, affordable, and cutting edge product that I would recommend to any size accounting/finance team.

Cons

Floqast is still in the improvement stage of some of their features which are a bit more time consuming then they could be. The uploading of account recons require you to go into folders, remember which folder your rec is in, and scroll to upload. This could be improved by just allowing a recon to attach directly on the recon tab of Floqast. Another area that could be improved is auto rec sync with ERP systems because it picks up any new additions in your GL but will not remove any items you may have removed/reclassed out of that specific GL account. With numerous hands in one account, this causes some headaches not knowing when items are removed and remain unmatched in the recon.

NS

Neepa S.

I like FloQast!

Pros

It helps the team to focus on close related items and manage reconciliations in more time efficient manner.

Cons

It does not provide any notification if the previous month reconciliation is out of balance. It would be great if FloQast can show the comments or notes in separate column next to the checklist or reconciliation rather than hiding it.

EN

Emma N.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Floqast helps me stay organized and stick to close and reporting deadlines

It has been massively helpful for me, particularly when it comes to close. Prior to using Floqast I was using a checklist on Excel, and now I'm not sure what I would do without FQ.

Pros

Floqast is very easy to use and is visually quite simple. I love that it shows a screenshot of due dates and how far along tasks are so I can tell just from a glance how close I am to finishing close, or other projects. I can put my weekly to-do tasks in as well so nothing slips through the cracks. The weekly to-do lists that are emailed out are also very helpful in deciding what my week is going to look like and where my focus should be.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about Floqast. It can sometimes take a few minutes for the Trial Balance totals to update, but it's nothing outrageous.

JM

Jared M.

Renewables & Environment, 201-500 employees

FloQst is a no-brainer

Pros

FloQast is easy to use and made with accountants in mind. It is created for the exact functions that are needed.

Cons

There are some manual processes that have not been automated yet with rolling folders forward

SL

Scott L.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

FQ Review

Pros

It is super easy to use. When I train new people they can pick it up really easily.

Cons

Our biggest issue is needing to click refresh rather than having it update on its own. It's not a big issue though.

VN

Vivian N.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to use Accounting software

Pros

What I like most about FloQast is it's usability, compared to other software on the market. Set up was also very simple and did not take a very long time. Customer support is fantastic and quick to help with any issues that arise. They are also open to listen to customer wants and asks.

Cons

FloQast is good for the current company size, but I don't think that it would work for large sized companies with a lot of transactions. Some items are also not as customizable as I would like, but in general it is pretty standard.

BW

Brissa W.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Pros

ease of use, excellent customer service.

Cons

can take a bit to upload documents, sometimes also to open documents and update the recons.

AS

Ash S.

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

FloQast to the Rescue!

Pros

Easy to work with interface, Being able to set task checklist reminders, and most importantly the AutoRec Matching tool.

Cons

I have honestly enjoyed my experience using FloQast from the start and can't think of any drawbacks.

Chris P.

Computer & Network Security, 501-1,000 employees

FloQast gives me outstanding visibility regarding the close status and account reconciliations

Strong visibility and comfort regrading the status of the accounting close.

Pros

I like the reconciliation function that allows me to see the account reconciliation status and whether the recons have been reviewed and approved. The reconciliation tool integrates with NetSuite to identify unreconciled accounts and whether all the recons have been prepared, using a completeness check.

Cons

I find adding new subsidiaries, which includes a new checklist items, setting up recons and ensuring that storage provider is accurately set-up a challenge at times.

MZ

Marianne Z.

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Perfect Solution

We are a publicly traded company. Internal controls are part of our life in the office. Our auditors and PCAOB increasingly require companies to provide evidence of the controls, controls performance and efficiency. Before FloQast, our team had to create and update our monthly close tracking sheets manually and had to meet almost daily during the close time to ensure all tasks are done timely. The...

Pros

fast implementation, value, services, efficiency, ease of use....

Cons

No cons

ST

Stephanie T.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Incredibly helpful!

We've really cleaned up our books, quickened our close, and kept cleaner records now that we have an easy way to roll documents along from month to month. We used to use a shared Excel checklist to keep our organization streamlined during the month-end close process, and now we have this great and handy tool to check off in a much easier way. It used to take our boss an hour or more to get all of our end-balances in a list to start the Reconciliation process, and that's an hour of her time back that she now has due to the roll-forward features of FloQast.

Pros

I like the Reconciliation and Checklist functions the best, which is essentially the entire platform, so overall, this system works great and is incredibly helpful for our month-end processes. Their support team is excellent in responding to questions and concerns, and for once, a company actually has a useful "FAQ" section.

Cons

Nothing, I would seriously recommend this to any accounting team. Maybe the only thing that bugs me is the speediness of the Refresh button, but that's very minor in the grand scheme of things. Plus, they have been very responsive in any suggestions or critiques we have of small feature improvements, and many of them have already been fixed in the few months our team has been using this software.

FB

Fay B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Amazingly Efficient Tool With Outstanding Support Service!

Pros

As the person who reviews most of the Balance Sheet accounts in my organization, I am very satisfied with this product. With daily uploads of the updated trial balance, FloQast lets me know at a glance, which accounts are out of balance. I am able to write comments, ask specific questions to the accountant in charge of reconciling the account directly within the software application. It is practical and user friendly. All of our reconciliations, support schedules and documents are located in one place. It is easily accessible to our accountants and managers, thus greatly improving our month and year-end processing. The FloQast support service is outstanding. They are very knowledgeable and always friendly and professional.

Cons

They are virtually nonexistent. This is not a stagnant program. With the willingness to take customer feedback seriously and apply new technology, I am certain FloQast will be continuously improving.

Internet,

The customer support is excellent. The system is very useful for month-end close.

Pros

It has made the managing of month-end close tasks a lot easier as everything from tasks to reconciliations can be entered as a task to complete and is easily trackable.

Cons

There is not much communication between FloQast and the ERP system aside from looking up account balances.

VK

Vivian K.

Excellent Product with Excellent Support

Pros

It's an excellent tool for accounting management to control the closing process and review reconciliations. The implementation was very easy setup by FloQast team. The administration part is very straightforward. FloQast provided great training and the program has been constantly updated with better tools and functions.

Cons

The calendar setup probably can be more flexible. We are trying to let our payroll team to use the closing process for bi-weekly payroll schedule but the calendar is more setup for accounting closing purpose with monthly, quarterly and annual calendar.

SW

Stephanie W.

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

Efficient Month End

The platform has been helpful is so many ways & I am looking forward to continuing to use the tool.

Pros

FloQast has allowed my team to move through month end with ease.

Cons

It would be ideal if the month end timelines could be catered to fit the organizations close schedule.

SW

Sathma W.

Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 employees

A great way to stay on track and be more efficient

Great!

Pros

Automation of reconciliation and task tracking.

Cons

Everything is well to begin with. There is nothing that I like least.

TF

Trevor F.

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

FloQast Review

Pros

Integration with Sage and allows us to easily track, organize, and store and all month-end tasks / supporting schedules. The integration process was very easy.

Cons

We have not had any issues with FloQast that were not easily resolved by our customer success rep

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Output relatable to effort put into building and utilizing all FQ ahs to offer

great!

Pros

ease of use, customer support, multi features

Cons

push back from other coworkers in onboarding

SH

Samantha H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Great product to keep your monthly close process on time

So far its been great.

Pros

the product is user friendly and the support staff is phenomenal in their response times to questions/issues

Cons

There is not much to dislike of this product.

TD

Taylor D.

Accounting, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great for keeping on task

Pros

The organization I consult with uses it to track the status of tasks in a given accounting period. It is easy to use.

Cons

Although I am not a direct user, there seems to be no issues currently.

AS

Apeksha S.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Makes Audits a lot easier

FloQast helps me manage the teams progress without annoying or checking in with the team. If any balance changes there is a notification to ensure it is reconciled again.

Pros

Floqast helps ensure reconciliations and checklist items are complete on a monthly basis and flags any out of balance errors. This is incredibly helpful when doing an audit as the auditors already have all relevant schedules.

Cons

The daily alerts can be slightly annoying but this is customizable.

Building Materials, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Useful for Monitoring the Monthly Close

Pros

I've been using this product for about 8 months. I like that I can add my own monthly checklist items so that I never forget to do any deliverables during the close. I also like that I'm alerted via email when my accounts are out of balance; however, I get alerts for all accounts that are out of balance, not just the ones I'm in charge of, which is something I wish did not happen. It's also great that this software saves copies of all your files on their Box site. I've accidentally deleted a file on my company's shared drive that I had spent hours on, and being able to access this deleted file on Floqast's website made my day!

JM

Jennifer M.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

FloQast has helped us better organize our close process and keep on track.

Pros

Sign offs, everything you need for review is in one spot. Integration with Intacct and box.com. High quality customer service.

Cons

This has more to do with cloud storage providers than FQ. We would like to be able to sync box.com (or another provider) with our server rather than having to save files directly, but have been unable to find a solution for this. Our IT policy does not allow us to sync from our desktops.

EG

Emily G.

Great Product and Customer Service!

This software has sufficiently helped and improved our close process. Prior to FloQast we were using excel timelines and calendars that we would forget to update. FloQast sends us daily reminders and updates each month to keep us up to date with the status of the close and how we can close the books faster in future months. The General Ledger connection to NetSuite has been a huge help to our process as well. This feature has allowed us to monitor and know when a balance changes in NetSuite and make sure we update our reconciliations and supporting documents accordingly. The customer service team is always very responsive and friendly. They clearly detail how to solve the issue. Thank you FloQast!