Publer Logo

Social media management and analytics software

Publer Reviews

Suggested alternatives

hubspot-marketing
loomly
brandwatch

It's very clean and user friendly, I had some questions more than issues to start with and I was very impressed by the rapid and professional support from the chat team.
It's been great, it really is an excellent platform, with a great future with new features on the way.
Publer is one of the best social media automation tools which I like the most. Your guidance also helps me to understand it better.
Currently, the app is missing analytics reporting, but that feature is forthcoming.
I had a little trouble linking our Google My Business accounts.
Lack of an app, however customer service have said they would be implementing one on 2021.

Brandon R.

Business Teacher

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Publer is the best Social Media Management Tool I have used.

Transcript

Brandon: My name is Brandon. I'm a social media manager. When reviewing Publer, I gave it a five out...

JA

Juan A.

Beacon of Clarity

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Simple to use and viable alternative to Buffer and HootSuite

Transcript

Juan: Hello. My name is Juan. I'm a Chief Clarity Officer for my company, and I gave Publer a four out...

Myriam J.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Get this tool if you are overwhelmed with social media

It makes it hurt less to be a visible woman in tech. I get to share things and not have to "come up" with things regularly. It helps me make variations in my online presence to adapt to various social media platforms and it is flexible enough to welcome someone like me, someone who shares things with students, with peers, with colleagues, to be just that. I love that about this tool. It's not the hero of the story, it lets me be the hero.

Pros

Saves my mental health! Seriously. I get to make myself "acceptable" by posting at regularly scheduled intervals, I get to post "corporate" agency content for my agency on some channels, I get to create threads and to schedule multiple shares of one piece of content on multiple social media accounts. As in: I GET to. I don't have to. This is making my life so much easier and it's much less anxiety for me to go to Publer and do my thing vs dealing with one tool that enables me to share one 3 accounts and another one on the other 2 I was missing. I love this.

Cons

Maybe the green branding if I am picky. That's how good the tool is. Another tiny gripe would be that sometimes my tweets go over 280 characters somehow and I don't notice. But that's a ME thing, not a Publer thing.

Ricky C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Ease your social media management with Publer

So far, I have the best experience with Publer, ease of use and the license management makes more sense

Pros

Love the simple interface and also its feature to connect with social media.

Cons

The analytics might need to improve with more details and also detailed reports

Beverley T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Still missing key features, but good scheduling tool

I like it, it's still a growing platform and I'll continue to use it to supplement my main social media management tool. I'd recommend it to small business owners, but for agencies it misses the mark.

Pros

I was able to get a lifetime subscription of Publer which made the transition to the platform almost a no-brainer. The dashboard is simple and easy to navigate, it's simply a scheduling tool with no unneeded bells or whistles which is great.

Cons

You can group your social media accounts by company or by whatever you wish, but when scheduling posts, it automatically will select all accounts within the Group. This isn't ideal for those wanting to only publish a message to a specific platform as you then have to go down the list and uncheck the accounts you don't want to post to. The entire account list is still visible so if you have a lot of accounts connected, you have to scroll through all of your accounts to uncheck the ones that were selected within the Group.

Hi Beverley and thank you for your review. Grouping the accounts is designed specifically for this reason: to allow you to select them all, in click of a button, when scheduling your posts. Grouping the accounts is optional and you can always decided to select the accounts you want to post to one by one. We will try to make it more user friendly when you have plenty of accounts. For now, you can always double check where you're posting to by placing the mouse over the social network icons inside the composer. Thank you again,

AJ

Amanda J.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

A great social media scheduler, outperforms other similar services on most metrics

This is the only scheduler I would use, having tested several others including Semrush, Canva and Hootsuite.

Pros

It's easy to use and their helpdesk is actually helpful, a rare quality these days!

Cons

The only gripe is the manual push for long posts on X, but this is a problem with the X API, not Publer.

Dana M.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Publer is the way to go!

Overall, I love using publer, its handy tool and totally worth the cost. I have it set to manage 15 social accounts, although i wish i could have more than 15 at my current price point, but its ok.

Pros

I love the AI tools built in, very handy when creating content for multiple posts.

Cons

Some of my issues are with the app. There are some limitations, like i can't save graphics to my phone from the post-draft, I have to already have the graphic handy.

TR

Tina R.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Publer was a great choice that helped with time mangement

It has helped with my time management and I really love that I can set things to run and they do

Pros

I love the ability to schedule out posts one multiple social media platforms at the same time.

Cons

I'd love to be able to customize the story posts or use trending media on reels

JB

James B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Want social management on easy mode?

Pros

This tool is a game-changer for managing multiple social media accounts. Scheduling posts has never been easier, the auto-schedule feature is a lifesaver. Plus, the analytics helps track performance and engagement. Highly recommended for anyone in social media management

Cons

It is missing a few of the smaller social platforms

PB

Pawan B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

One of the best Social media management tool

Overall experience is great. The team is supportive and I have received exceptional help when I tried to chat with their customer support representative

Pros

Pros:- a) Smooth scheduling b) One dashboard interface c) Batch uploading or bulk uploading d) Awesome glitch free software

Cons

Cons:- a) Not specifically a con, but I wanted to have a dashboard where I can reply and comment back to all the people who have engaged with my post. I don't want to login in individual social media for that because it wastes a lot of time

Jan P.

Entertainment, self-employed

A great social media tool for small businesses

Pros

The interface is easy to grasp and nicely lightweighted. All functions works like a charm, especially the ones connected to automatic planning and publishing where you can let Publer take care of everything och easily with tags and dedicated slots route your posts to first available publishing time.

Cons

Since it's such a good tool you soon want to connect all your social media accounts, and if you hade many that is a bit expensive.

Yuttana T.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Reasonable price

Pros

UX & UI is very understanding and easy to use.

Cons

it's the Price. Because for some Social profile I have 4 channel, and 2 for some. if you compare with the others, some app price plan is for 1 social set that mean if you have a lot channel, it will be worthier. But if you have just 1 or 3 channel. It's the greatest app that I ever met.

Best value for money

It's constantly improving from my very first day of signing up. The platform is so user-friendly with the best support staff who help to resolve your problem (if you have one) is what makes Publer stand out from the crowd. You're not just a number with them!

Pros

The thing I loved when I first discovered Publer was that I could build my own plan with the number of social media accounts I needed, not be restricted to some number as per their competitors at some ridiculous cost per month. The cost was so amazing and so reasonable, too, that I couldn't believe I was getting all this functionality for a plan built to my requirements. I also loved how responsive and helpful the support team is. Nothing is too much trouble, and the response time is amazing. From day one, I've been singing Publer's praises to anyone who would listen. By far one of my best tools I discovered early 2021 and I've never looked back.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Publer. I think I don't use some of the functionality as much as I could/should but that is my fault and certainly not Publer's.

SR

Scott R.

I've Tried Others, and Publer Beats Them All

Previous platforms were very limiting. We had to create posts individually. Many did not have GMB integration. And they were also very expensive. Publer solved our problems with bulk csv uploads, GMB integration (with the ability to publish the post graphic to the GMB photo library) at a very affordable price. In addition, their customer service is extraordinary.

Pros

Publer has a bulk csv upload that allows us to uploaded hundreds of posts across multiple social media accounts at once. This is a huge timesaver. Other apps we used required the user to create each post individually. Also, Publer allows you to create short codes specific to social media accounts, so if we're schedule a post, for instance, across multiple GMB accounts for a client, a phone short code can insert into the post the correct phone number for each GMB location.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing I dislike about Publer. Sure, there are features I'd love to have, but those features are not "must haves," they are "would like to have."

JL

Jane L.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Fantastic Software

Overall, I LOVE Publer!

Pros

We're an agency with over 70 clients and use Publer mainly for scheduling out Google My Business and Twitter posts. What I love most about Publer is its incredible simplicity. When a new person joined our team, I just gave her the login info and said, "I don't really need to train you on how to use this. It's 100% intuitive." And it is. The clean, simple design really appeals to me, along with how incredibly easy it is to edit posts you've already scheduled (literally just clicking on the text, no "edit" button necessary--same with the scheduling date). We considered anywhere from 20-30 other scheduling tools before we chose Publer, and I'm confident we made the right decision.

Cons

1. I really wish there were a "home" button at the top navigation. There aren't that many different pages on the platform, but if you happen to find yourself on a page like the "suggestions" or a couple others, there's no navigation at the top to get back to the main "Create" page. You have to click your browser's back button. 2. I'm eagerly waiting for Publer to become more integrated with Google...

Hello Jane and thank you for the review and the kind words. A couple of tips: 1. You can click the Publer logo on the top left corner and it will take you to the home page. Also, all secondary pages (i.e. when viewing a social account's settings) have a "Go Back" button. I will send a few screenshots via chat / Facebook. 2. We're currently working on GMB offers, events and products. 3. Instagram posts are now supported (direct posting). Stories will follow next :) 4. You can automatically shorten links using either Bitly or Rebrandly, but let's continue this in private as well.

AG

Ankit G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

A good but lesser known social media management tool

Overall its a nice software plus saves some money when compared to Buffer(which I was previously using) apart from that it's a comparatively new tool so I'm hoping they will keep improving with time.

Pros

Though most tools like this come with the ability to schedule social media posts, I especially loved the fact that I could easily integrate it with Canva and pull images from there. Also, their analytics feature is a super nice addon as well, it gives you all key stats about the performance of top posts.

Cons

Though it gets the job done but there surely are some required fixes, for example, the calendar view in their web app isn't very good and sometimes can be a bit of hassle. Also, you can't really do minor edits of images on Publer, for that you need to go back to your design tool to do so.

Hi Ankit and thank you for the review. I believe this review was posted before we launched the new calendar view. Have you had the chance to try it out? https://blog.publer.io/a-guide-to-the-new-calendar-view-on-publer/ Also, I believe you have missed our built-in photo editor: https://blog.publer.io/new-built-in-photo-editor-on-publer/ Feel free to schedule a demo with us. https://calendly.com/publer/demo In less than 30 minutes we will be able to show you all the ins & outs of Publer. Kindest regards, Ervin

WB

Wolf B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Manage all of your social media in 1 place

Mostly great experience. I have chosen to accept the new costs for using Twitter. And yes, I would still recommend Publer to most people.

Pros

I love that I can connect all of my social media accounts and schedule a ton of posts all at once. I went from having to post daily on social media, to just doing this 1 days a week by scheduling the entire weeks posts at the same time.

Cons

They recently started to charge for Twitter due to Twitter adding cost for Publer. I get the need for this, but I for one am a little peeved because I purchased back when they had the lifetime deal on AppSumo. That lifetime account included Twitter. I think it is unfair that they are not honoring that and are now charging even lifetime mebers like me for Twitter. I believe in honoring the deals you make.

MC

Micah C.

Newspapers, 1-10 employees

The last social media manager you'll ever need.

Extremely enjoyable so far. The UI is great, and the app seems speedy and reacts quickly.

Pros

Publer is not only one of the best-looking social media management platforms out there, it's also one of the most feature-rich. Very very few of the others have what Publer offers, and Publer does it better, IMO.

Cons

The pricing structure makes sense, but can be intimidating. I have to worry about whether adding another social media account is worth the additional charge. On the plus side, every 10th account is free.

MH

Michael H.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Great Freemium, AMAZING once purchased

Publer is extremely easy to use, user friendliness is key. Customer service is amazing - you get answers pretty much instantly, no searching through forms to find your answer. Overall experience is top notch. Make the switch from Later.

Pros

Google My Business post scheduling A+ IG feed preview for an aesthetics look into the future A+ Customer service is top notch A+

Cons

There is not much to dislike, however, a mobile app would be a game changer.

EP

Eric P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

In a crowded field, Publer stands above the rest

Pros

It has powerful features like labeled automatic queue post scheduling and recycling of posts, but it is implemented in as lightweight and flexible way possible. It's obvious the designers take care in crafting the right solution to their customer's challenges instead of just slapping something together.

Cons

I honestly haven't found something yet that is bad about Publer. It just took a while to find them because they are not as highly regarded as some more popular social media tools.

MG

Maria G.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

The best free social media scheduler

Pros

I've been using the free plan for years after switching from Hootsuite. As a very small business who only posts on Facebook and Instagram a few times a week it has everything I need and was easy to use right from the start. I'm now considering upgrading to use some of the more advanced features. I've looked at other platforms but keep coming back to Publer as it seems to offer the most features for the best price

Cons

I'm not keen on the app. It all works ok, but find it a bit of a faff to view my undated draft posts which is always the first thing I want to look at.

Glenn H.

Computer & Network Security, self-employed

Publer - Streamlining our Social Media Management

Pros

The modern UI that is fast and responsive. Having come from another established product that looked old and was frustrating to work with. Publer is power but easy to use, it's made working with our Social Media accounts a pleasure rather than a chore.

Cons

The one thing we find missing is a mobile app to make posting on the go a bit easier than having to use mobile web.

cb

cristal b.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Publer is a TIME SAVER!

With Publer, I got more time on my hands. It helps me manage several social media accounts with tons of customisable features!

Pros

First of all, I love that the integration process was so easy, smooth as butter! :D The second feature I like is the multiple content upload (gave it a go just now. haha!), can't believe we can do that on Publer. It saves me a lot of my time!

Cons

Hope that uploading videos can be included in the Argentum plan.

Manuel R.

Sports, 1-10 employees

A Game-Changer for Social Media Management

My overall experience with Publer has been nothing short of exceptional. The convenience of being able to manage multiple social media accounts from a single platform is a game-changer for me. The intuitive scheduling process, combined with the free URL shortener that provides insights into link engagement, sets Publer apart from other social media management tools I've used.Publer has significantly...

Pros

I have been thoroughly impressed by Publer's exceptional social media management capabilities and its seamless user experience. One standout feature that truly enhances my workflow is the ability to schedule and publish posts across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This functionality has saved me a significant amount of time and effort, allowing me to maintain a consistent online presence without being tied to my devices 24/7.

Cons

While my experience with Publer has been overwhelmingly positive, there are a couple of minor aspects that I believe could be improved. Firstly, while the interface is generally intuitive, there was a slight learning curve when it came to exploring some of the more advanced features. Although this is common with many software tools, providing more comprehensive tutorials or tooltips could help users navigate these features more smoothly.

BF

Brian F.

Awesome Product That Keeps Improving

Pros

Publer is a very good product that keeps improving. They are constantly adding new features and improving existing ones. Publer can do all of that the "big guys" can do and more and better.

Cons

There aren't really any cons. If I had to list something I would just recommend that they keep expanding and improving features, as they have been doing a good job of doing.

HG

Hussain G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Essential tool for GP practices

This tool is an essential part of my busines

Pros

It is one of the few tools that also posts to Google Business, an essential part.

Cons

Content ideas are limited, I would love an easier way to create automatic contact especially for Twitter

JN

Jason N.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Publer has been a game-changer for me

Great

Pros

"Publer has been a game-changer for me. It's incredibly user-friendly and straightforward to set up. Not only is it budget-friendly, but it also offers the convenience of posting simultaneously to all my social media accounts or individually, giving me full control over my content distribution. One standout feature that has made a significant impact on my workflow is the ability to seamlessly integrate with my website's RSS feed. This allows Publer to automatically create posts from my blog content, saving me an immense amount of time and effort. I've been using Publer for the past two years, and it has transformed the way I manage my social media. It's an efficient and time-saving solution that I can't imagine my digital marketing efforts without."

Cons

No yelp or nextdoor no yelp or nextdoor