Google Slides Logo

Google Slides

Cloud-based application for creating custom presentations

Google Slides Reviews

4.6

6.3K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.92/10

Reviews by rating

So easy to use and play around with. I love making it so personalized for what is best for my classroom.
Google Slides is an excellent alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint, at a really good price (free!). I highly recommend it if you don't have PowerPoint, or if you need to collaborate on a presentation.
I do all my presentations there and love the ease with which I can access everything every here.
You have to connect with internet in order to log in to your document. If your internet connection is poor you data may be lost.
I hate how when you upload PDFs into Google Slides, it can make the formatting quite wonky and worthless. In those classes, I create from scratch.
It has some missing features compared to MS Powerpoint but more importantly its restricted to those having google accounts and requires access to the internet at all times.

6,395 reviews

Max P.

Director of Marketing Technology

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Easy to use and PowerPoint supplement

Transcript

Max: My name is Max. I'm a director of marketing technology. I give Google Slides a four out of five,...

JS

Jacob S.

Operations Director

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Ideal for collaborative presentations

Transcript

Jacob: My name is Jacob. I'm the operations director at a church, and I give Google Slides a rating of...

Dave W.

Computer Software, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Free, Easy & Powerful Presentation Software

I love having my slides in the cloud so I can access them from anywhere, including on the app on my phone. And the collaboration is nice because I can share a presentation with a group after I've given it, and just give them the link to the entire thing.

Pros

I've given several presentations at local Meetups, as well as a bigger WordPress conference, and the people want SLIDES! Honestly, it's not my favorite way to give a presentation, but Google Slides makes it pretty easy for me to create something for them. It continues to get more and more powerful over the years, adding new features & abilities. There are quite a few nice templates to help you get...

Cons

I found it a bit laborious when adding many animations. Perhaps I'm missing a way to change my default animation, but animating many elements could be made a little less time consuming. And I needed to download an extra app to use my phone as a remote control for my slides. It'd be really nice is this was included by Google.

Cushi M.

E-Learning, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

A basic, free solution for creating engaging slideshows on the web

I think the program works well for its purpose. Beyond that, I don't have much to say about it. I prefer more aesthetically driven softwares like Canva or Figma. I have even used Wix to create presentations in the past to achieve a more beautiful look.

Pros

Above all, I like that this program is free. This means that anyone who needs to create a slideshow has access to a slideshow software. Not everyone needs to use this kind of software regularly, so having a free solution is amazing. I think it has certain aesthetic limitations compared to other design software like Figma or Canva, but templates and stock photos and GIFs are available to help bridge that gap, albeit only to a small extent. Ultimately, most slide show presentations are purposeful and not pretty. This software offers the people in that high percentile an easy to use solution.

Cons

As much as I love how practical this is, I am a designer at hear t and I truly despise how banal the stock templates are. Thankfully there are a variety of designers on the web who create beautiful Google SLides templates that you can use for free or purchase.

CS

Craig S.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Intuitive Presentation Tool for Businesses

My overall experience with Google Slides has been fine for small size files. But for bigger decks with more content, I have struggled to do other office tasks when my presentation is open. Also, my partner had to be trained on certain unique features of Google Slides such as sharing, versioning and commenting. Because he is more used to the traditional Microsoft PowerPoint software. Overall, Google Slides, has helped me put together a visual story on performance of my e-commerce site and campaigns at negligible cost.

Pros

I use Google Slides software to update my business partner the progress I have made on building our e-commerce website. As well as , to highlight key revenue insights driven from our marketing campaigns. Once my partner reviews my updates and insights, my partner is able to provide his comments or questions on specific slides within my presentation. So, I don't have to find which slides his comments or questions refer to. I also like the ability to restore old versions of decks incase some unexpected changes were made in the new version. Sharing a Google Slides file with other team members is a breeze. Can quickly save a Google Slides file in Google Drive for future use.

Cons

Presentations created using Google Slides work fine as long as they contain small number of slides. Once number of slides is in hundreds, Google Slides starts hogging lot of RAM and slows down the laptop. Pasting comments box inside a chart makes the text invisible. So, need to redo the comments box to make the text visible. Google Slides needs a Google account and isn't compatible with Microsoft office products or browser. Once a Google Slides file is shared with another user, its difficult to keep it confidential.

SM

Shanna M.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Grabs the Attention

I really enjoy using Googles slides to present material that is important in a way to grab the viewers attentions and give them resources to remember the content by making it interesting.

Pros

Its easy to follow, and user friendly. Presentations are vivid and interactive. There are also many ways to create transitions that draw the eye and keep it interesting.

Cons

I'd like to see more templates and choices for themes.

Kyle Y.

Motion Pictures and Film, self-employed

The Best Way To Present Your Slideshows

Google Slides is a very useful software that anyone can use when making projects. It's free and its features allow for group projects to be done much easier. Slides has saved much of my time in high school and I feel as though anyone working in any field can use it to make presenting something much less of a hassle. Although I do wish they would add some more features, Slides is a solid option when in need of creating slideshows.

Pros

Google Slides presents a software that allows for students and workers to showcase anything they need for a project. In school, many slideshows are required for certain projects such as presenting a book project or explaining a research paper and this is where Google Slides comes in. Slides act as an easier alternative for Microsoft PowerPoint for a couple of important reasons. One is that you don't...

Cons

There aren't many complaints I have about Slides, just some minor issues. One is that when talking to other people through chat, no notification is presented so I never know whether or not they replied to me aside from checking every other minute. Another is that, although there are solid selections to themes when making a Slide, there aren't too many. I would like a feature where people can design their own themes and implement them into the Slides for more uniqueness. Adding YouTube videos is also another thing they should add so that anyone can present a video instead of having to open a link to showcase it.

Tacho T.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Online collaboration tool based in the cloud

In my previous job, we used Google Slides often, maybe 4-5 times a week for two or three hours a day. Overall, things went well with Google Slides, I didn't have any particular complaints except for the difficulty with the rights. The comments that the different people who manage the presentation can leave are also convenient. We used Google Slides for short presentations related to specific projects - for example, new functionality of our medical research software or for some training related to our work.

Pros

Google Slides is Google's platform for creating and managing presentations. As advantages based on my personal experience with Google Slides I would list the following: - Good integration with other Google products - Gmail, Docs, Drive and others; - Excellent ability to manage the people who can watch and separately those who can change the presentation; - Option to load powerpoint presentations on microsoft; - It is free; - The platform is in the cloud, which makes it easily accessible for desktop machines and laptops, as well as for mobile devices - phones, tablets, etc .; - Convenient presentation features - Presenter View, Audience tool - easy to spot questions from the audience

Cons

Sometimes there are some Microsoft PowerPoint presentations that are difficult to insert into Google Slides - shifted slides and the data in the slides themselves are not matched; - The menus are not very convenient - due to the fact that the platform is online; - There are no translations into Bulgarian - Keyboard shortcuts often do not work well - they are not detected that they are pressed; - Often users' rights are lost and it has happened to me that a manager gives me rights for a presentation, but still I can not open it due to lack of rights

Souleymane D.

Mining & Metals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Google Slides is designed to enhance productivity and foster creativity.

Based on my experience, I find that Google Slides is the perfect software for creating successful presentations. It is just as effective as PowerPoint.

Pros

Google Slides offers a wide range of features that I find very interesting for creating visually appealing slides, including adding text, creating shapes, incorporating videos, and other visual elements to ensure high-quality presentations.

Cons

I have used Google Slides for over a year and have not found any negative aspects that would cast doubt on the application. The software offers a wide range of features that are highly beneficial.

HM

Hicham M.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Google slide review

Pros

Easy to use during the meeting and also it gives opportunity to share everything and to update the contains in few seconds de

Cons

It is a good support specially when you work from home

ER

Emily R.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Google Slides is a Winner

Great for the value. I use this almost daily.

Pros

Super easy to use, navigate. I also love the ability to publish to the web and share.

Cons

Limited media. If you add sounds it takes too long and links back to the internet .

Malena P.

Music, self-employed

Straight and Basic

I use it for creating the drafts in the mobile and export the ideas latter to canva for a more complex editing.

Pros

It's very easy to use and adequate for simple presentations online or offline. Normally easy and fast to export or set up.

Cons

Its needs more features and better edition option and the mobile app version.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great way to create platform-independent presentations and to collaborate

My overall experience using Slides has been very positive. I enjoy the cross-platform, free, easily accessible design of this software and I feel the pros significantly outweigh the cons. Even though I have powerpoint installed I only use it if for opening existing presentations I have received from someone else. For be Slides is always the preferred choice when I want to create or edit my own presentations.

Pros

When creating a presentation I have a choice between powerpoint and google slides. I prefer slides because: - it is free to use - it works online and I do not need to install anything/have anything installed on my computer - I have many devices (laptop, desktop, android, iphone) and I can view, use and edit my presentation on any one of those devices - The interface is easy to use and I can find...

Cons

As for styling the presentation, the selection of themes is quite limited and I wish there were more options. From a functional standpoint, because of features like real time collaboration, you have to be online to use it. My internet connection is bad and cuts off sometimes, so I have to pause work until it resumes. No connection causes a notification bar to show up saying "trying to connect" and everything becomes disabled until I am online again.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Now preferred over Keynote & Powerpoint

Overall, slides deserves great reviews coming from Powerpoint/Keynote. In an environment where presentations are built through collaborative teams daily, it's light, intuitive solution provides a ton of value. Even as a data heavy organization, the challenges of numerical data and visualizations are not disruptive enough to reconsider previous presentation software.

Pros

Coming from hybrid Powerpoint/Keynote environment, we've found the following pros: The collaboration/commenting/tagging feature is more intuitive and easier to access. The biggest concern we had in adopting Slides was its ability to deliver offline. We've been pleasantly surprised that functionality is largely maintained when offline and syncs smoothly when back on the web. Embedding web hosted assets such as YouTube videos, audio files and even large image files are easier to leverage as well as has much less impact on file size.

Cons

The largest challenge faced with Slides thus far has been the integration/ability to leverage Sheets in presentations. Previously, many of the capabilities of Excel such as formula management, chart/graph visualizations has been keys to presentations. That capability isn't there in Slides in to ways: 1) Sheets is still missing some feature parity with Excel. 2) Once you paste or embed a chart or graph in Slides from Sheets, both the data and the labels are difficult to manage.

DF

Daniel F.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

You're Cloud Based Presentation Tool

I use Google Slides consistently to present information to my students, other teachers, and to collaborate with others. Beyond the more obvious presentation abilities, it's extremely versatile and integrates with many other Google tools, which help me use it daily. For example, my school has a Google Form that we fill out at the end of the day, and it automatically populates Google Slides for our afternoon announcements that get sent out to the staff. This is easy to suggest even with its lack of a few features.

Pros

Google Slides is almost everything you could want from PowerPoint, and more. With the same tools you would expect from PowerPoint, you can quickly make presentations and access them everywhere you have internet! If you are familiar with Google tools, the interface is easy to adapt to, and if you are looking for more features, you can download more Add-Ons to improve the performance! Not to mention that you can easily collaborate with others at the same time, this tool makes team presentations much easier.

Cons

There are a few features that are missing from Google Slides. Some of the customization options in PowerPoint aren't present here, and it's hard to see why they aren't. For example, if you are looking to have your slides advance on a timer, you can only set one overall time for every slide in the presentation, or you have to go through each slide and record how long you want them to stay. It would be much easier for you to be able to just type out how long you want each slide to last, or how much time in between transitions/animations, but again, the remaining features make these easy to overlook.

Alejandro d.

Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 employees

It is a presentation device that can be stored in its own cloud

It has been a pleasure to work with Google Slides. This is probably the classic tool to create presentations (slides), but with the ease to share the content with people all over the world. Anybody can alter the content anywhere and at any time. Really love this tool.

Pros

The best feature is that it is part of the Google suite. This means that it is compatible with the rest of the software from Google, and most importantly, it is always saved in the Google Cloud. This means that any person in the team can access the presentations and make changes at any time, they just have to open the file in the cloud and it will be automatically saved.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to export and change the size of the file and minor issues like that. Some of the users that I work with find it a little bit annoying that the main user has to grant access to each member of the team.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

A Fantastic Platform for Team and Work-From-Home Oriented Organization

Overall, my experience using Google Slides has been incredible. This is a software that is used daily throughout my team, and the fact that it is offered for free makes the platform so much more valuable. Google Slides allows teams to optimize productivity and efficiency while working on presentations, which yields strong dividends in terms of saving time. This allows teams to focus on what really matters, and it gives them the opportunity to make quick, real-time changes in a collaborative fashion, thus cutting out the unnecessary time that it would take to send updated versions of the presentation back and forth within the team. This software can provide tangible and measurable value to any team or individual.

Pros

The most unique and valuable feature offered by Google Slides is its collaborative nature. By default, this free software can be used by an individual or a whole team, further promoting remote work and connecting teams across geographical barriers. As remote works continues to be a preferred method of collaboration across our office and many companies around the world, it is crucial to have a software...

Cons

Overall, the platform has provided our team with almost every necessary feature imaginable, and more. However, there are small details that sometimes cause us to have to utilize a different software when creating a presentation. For instance, for more advanced users who may want to embed a video that is not available on Youtube, Google Slides does not offer many solutions. The only option is is to...

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Google Slides are a Fun Instructional Tool

I am super happy about using Slides for teaching everyday!

Pros

I can't say enough positive things about Google Slides! Slides are a great instructional tool where I can design them to engage my students; I can even add animated pictures. I use slides every day to teach in distance learning and it keeps my special education students engaged. Students love how animated and colorful slides can be. I even use them to create virtual escape rooms and games. I really like that I can hyperlink videos to pictures and add Youtube videos. The possibilities are endless.

Cons

I think Google thought of everything possible regarding slides, even to allow me to publish my slides and share them with others. I don't dislike anything about Slides.

OP

Ozlem P.

Financial Services, self-employed

Just Present It

Overall It is really useful software with tiny drawbacks. It would probably fulfil all of your needs without any problems. It is also free and easy to access. The interface is very simple to use so you wouldn't struggle to find the functions you need.

Pros

It is really useful to be able to share a slide show with a colleague or someone else to get help and work together. You can easily access this software through a browser so you don't have to download any programs which is an extremely important pro. And it is also very easy to prepare a slide show since the interface is so simple. As this software is also designed by Google, it allows you to connect your Google Docs and Sheets files. You can also try creating images and saving them in picture format, this is an amazing luxury to have when you don't have access to different software.

Cons

I don't have huge problems with Google Slides, but I think that animation editing could be improved since you don't have many choices to customize. Besides, there is not much you can do when you want to insert a video that is unavailable on Youtube.

GT

Gregor T.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

It's good, but I do prefer Powerpoint

We do a weekly company-wide presentation which I regularly contribute my own slides too. Additionally, I use it for team presentations, and also as a mechanism to collate my own thoughts and research on work projects into something more stream-lined.

Pros

As with all of Google's software, it's so easy to use Google Slides across teams, across countries and across companies. We can work independently on the slides we will present, and then someone else can go in and tidy the whole thing up. It saves so much time compared to Powerpoint, which is great. It's also easy to duplicate and copy slides, including from other presentations, which is super helpful. I also like how easy it is to add comments and to tag people. We integrate it very nicely into Slack, making the process of making presentations hugely stream-lined and efficient. I also like that the red lines appear to show you when you have lined up a picture or text box correctly with the rest of the slide.

Cons

I find it really difficult to create the style of slide that I want - I feel that Powerpoint has a broader selection of templates and it is easier to design a slick and stylish slide through Powerpoint. I often revert to copying templates made by colleagues, and I honestly cannot work out how they made them, despite being proficient in Powerpoint. There's not great support online with this in my opinion. Also, I find it frustrating that my formatting jumps around so much when I change the template. Finally, it's annoying that the layout doesn't appear the same when I run a presentation as when I look at the slide while editing it.

LN

Lisa N.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

The most intuitive presentation service out there!

It is a game changer in the education industry. The process to create, collaborate, edit and share is so intuitive it makes group work and project management a breeze.

Pros

I work in education administration so google slides is a constant go to for my teachers. I was compelled to write this review because it is even more useful as we move to virtual learning. There are lots of extensions and add on features that are free to use with google slides that make it more interactive and easier to check for the audiences understanding throughout your presentation. For example, pear deck is a free extension that allows you to ask the audience questions and see their responses once you have shared the slide show with them. I also love how user friendly the whole design panel is.

Cons

Our technology teacher is able to teach this software to 5th graders and they make high quality multimedia presentations. It's that user friendly! No complaints here!

Jordan D.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Collaborative Presentation for the People

My overall experience has been nothing but mostly positive. Please implement version control in the future though!

Pros

As with most of Google products, I love that it's collaborative and the price-point is right (free). Where I was prepping for school presentations, work presentations or making a process doc Google slides has never failed me. It's also used at most big companies, startups, and advertising agencies alike.

Cons

The only caveat with Google products is always the question of privacy and version control. The main question is, "how do I know that this is safer than non-cloud presentation software". There's always a risk when using any cloud-based software, but it's a valid question to ask yourself.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Google Slides just as good as Powerpoint for certain needs

Google Slides is a very easy (free) alternative to PowerPoint in a pinch. I was unemployed when I was asked to design projections for a show and had to rely on my personal computer. In the past I would have a day job at a theatre company or other media company and work theatre gigs in the evening. If I was asked to work on a project that involved using certain software such as PowerPoint, Photoshop,...

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. You drag and drop slides on the column on the left-hand side of the screen and if you want to edit a specific slide you click on it. Very similar in format to PowerPoint. It feels easier and less intimidating.

Cons

Since it's a Google product you mainly access it online through a browser although you can present and edit offline, there are limitations. If you do any edits offline it doesn't automatically save until you have internet connection again. This does not help if I am working at a theatre venue with spotty or no wifi connection. It seems that there is a way to enable offline editing, but it's just an extra step and I'm not sure how well it syncs with what you already have edited when you were online (does it override it?). I haven't tested that option. Whereas you never have to worry about that with PowerPoint since it's an offline file to begin with. Google Slides being browser-based can make it stressful.

AD

Aki D.

Chemicals, 10,001+ employees

Google Slides - A Collaborative Alternative to Powerpoint

We've increased Team Collaboration with Google Slide. Compared to Powerpoint where we are having hard time keeping the most updated version, Google Slide can be accessed by everyone at the same time while keeping only one version. The overall experience has been very pleasant.

Pros

Our company is using Google Suite (now Workspace) for some time and we've been promoting the use of Google Slides, which, I believe, is a better alternative to MS Powerpoint. Just imagine Powerpoint that you can run everyone just by internet and browser. Also, you don't have to take care of the versioning and you don't have to attach and send it to everyone. Using Google Slide, a link is shared to...

Cons

So far, the only thing we are having difficulty with is that it's from Google. You might have difficulty collaborating if you have colleagues in China. Other than that, I find Google Slide a perfect tool that you can add to your team collaboration arsenal.

CM

Camila M.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Excellent resource for presentation

Pros

Google Slides is used daily by me and the whole team, I really like how easy it is to use, it can be used online and it is increasingly being integrated with other Google tools such as google meets. This has greatly facilitated and optimized the product.

Cons

Although I think it's an excellent product, I still miss deeper editing and customization features, we have other tools on the market that provide more complete ready-made design templates, and others that provide more customization of presentations with features and functionality.

Internet, 201-500 employees

One of the best online Presentation tools

One aspect of Google Slides that could benefit from improvement is its revision control or versioning feature. Currently, many users resort to creating copies of the same presentation to have snapshots of specific versions. While Google Slides does offer a revisions feature, it lacks full integration that would allow for seamless compatibility and streamlined management of copies and revisions. Enhancing this aspect would greatly improve the user experience by providing a more efficient and organized way to track and manage different versions of presentations.

Pros

Google Slides is an excellent tool for creating and sharing presentations. With its collaborative features, it simplifies the process of creating proper slides while enabling seamless teamwork. Real-time collaboration allows multiple colleagues to work simultaneously, while easy sharing options ensure everyone has access to the most up-to-date version. Its SaaS nature makes it accessible from anywhere, eliminating the risk of data loss, plus the offline mode is always there.

Cons

One feature that could be improve is the revisions (version control) since I see a lot of users making copies of the same presentation to have a snapshot of that specific one. The revisions feature allows users to do that but is not fully integrated in a way anyone could make copies and revisions fully compatible, and less messy to manage.

TA

Turan A.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Your Online Slide Service at Your Side

Contrary to popular belief, it has a very easy and simple interface. Despite its simplicity, it meets professionalism and needs at the highest level. It has a fast and easy screen structure. All its plugins and tools offer you more than your needs. Moreover, it is the ability to work from anywhere at any time. Moreover, you do not need to carry your data with you.

Pros

It is a free web-based slide software. It is actually one of the Web-based office software. In this service offered by Google, you can access, edit and re-update your slides online or offline from anywhere at any time. Platform is also supported on standalone and mobile. It has a fast and easy structure. It is an ideal service for all your presentation plans. Thanks to its multiple ready-made templates, it quickly and easily reveals the data that suits your needs.

Cons

It's a software I've been using for over a year and it doesn't have a negative feature or feature that I think needs to be changed. Google automatically revises it according to current needs and purposes.