All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

GoVisually

Online proofing software for designers and marketing teams

GoVisually Reviews

Anthony M.

Read the full review
So far our experience has been great. We are informed when the site will be down ahead of time and the ability to discuss issues with the staff is awesome.

Ashley P.

Read the full review
The ability to quickly and seamlessly be able to share comments on work is helpful.

Matt E.

Read the full review

Cons

Where they can leave a comment asking for a revision. The only problem is that when the revision is complete they are not notified.

Morgan K.

Laura C.

Read the full review
Mostly we are using GoVisully to review our visuals/images to our team in house and outside too. Facing a problem when comparing the version of the same visuals/images.

Gajanan K.

4.4

Minimalism is MAXIMUM

Minimal use of clients time to proof, as well as minimal emails to communicate changes to the client, as well as minimal but very comprehensive proofing functionality. The learning curve to learn how to proof is very low, which leads us to happier clients!

Pros

The reason I came to GoVisually is because of the minimum steps our clients have to see their proofs. Previously we used Mavenlink for media proofing, and even video proofing, but there were SO. MANY. STEPS. our clients had to go through, like signing up for a Mavenlink account and inconveniently forcing the client to educate themselves on Mavenlink’s proofing system, which takes time, as well as...

Cons

I would like to see video proofing someday. At the moment I use Dropbox for this but if I can keep video proofing within GoVisually, I totally would

Hi Garry, Stoked to see your review for us! We're so happy that GoVisually is adding value to your business. We're planning to introduce video support in future too. Thank you for your love and support. Best, Team GoVisually

GoVisually is great tool that fills a unique space

Pros

Our marketing design team produces a lot of collateral, most of which are exported in PDF format. GoVisually was the best and one of the only tools of its kind that both supports PDFs and allows you to annotate them (Wake allows PDF uploads which can be commented on, but doesn't support annotations). The annotation tool set is simple, but it includes everything that most users will need, and our broader marketing and sales team was able to use it day one with few hiccups.

Cons

As great as the PDF support is, it comes with a cost. When PDFs are uploaded they're rendered as images. This is fine in my cases, but our content team has expressed their annoyance at being able to use the browser's find text feature (ctrl + F) to location specific text in a layout. It would be great if GoVisually rendered PDFs without the conversion to images. The other issues we've had are due...

Hi Jesse, We are so stoked to see your review for us. Thank you for your continuous support and our next product release will definitely address all the cons that you have mentioned. Best, Team GoVisually

The login is problematic and sometimes new revisions get tucked behind old ones.

Pros

Quick link function is useful. Basic uploading is useful. Adding new viewers is easy.

Cons

The login is unnecessary. I wish we could turn that function off. Getting back to the place where you can see all of the proofs is unclear to our clients. They also can't find their other versions on mobile. It's difficult to see older versions. If a client approved an older version, it shows up as approval on everything uploaded before and after that.

Hi Megan Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a feedback for us. Happy to see you are enjoying the core features of GoVisually. So sorry to hear about your experience on the reviewer-login and revisions. We'd love to chat to you further about this via email. Best, Kirti

Makes the design reviewing process easier

Overall, this tool has made things much better for my workflow. The improvements far outweigh the drawbacks. For our company, the cost is manageable and is a good investment.

Pros

Before GoVisually, I was getting reviews from everywhere: paper printouts, emails, verbal walk-ups to my desk. Projects were getting stalled because requests for review got buried in email and under piles of papers on desks. It was hard to know how to prioritize edits from different managers, and often edits would be doubled up or would contradict each other. GoVisually streamlined the review process so I don't miss edits, I don't needlessly print out projects anymore, and my users can collaborate and corroborate their edits. Projects get finished faster. Versions are easily sorted so I know people are seeing the latest version.

Cons

My complaints are mostly feature related. My biggest issue is that you can't archive projects. This seems like a big miss. My second biggest issue is that there's no way to control or customize email notifications. It's still slightly unclear to me how my users receive emails. Since this tool is meant to streamline communication, I think there should be a way to dictate how those notification emails go out, and at what stage in the review process. The interface is clunky for some of my users. I think the two panel menu on the right side to access comments and old revisions is a bit cumbersome. On bigger files, sometimes you can't zoom out wide enough to see the whole file.

Easy to use, simple and effective for our needs

Pros

Go-visually works very quickly and fast. We find a lot of proofing softwares are quite slow when uploading and navigating but Go Visually is quick! The UX is nice and simple. It doesn't take long for new staff or clients to use it at all and it is very effective for communicating changes to new and existing web designs. The sharing options are nice but the sharing links are too long - bring back the short link. All in all, it suits us very nicely for our needs.

Cons

No ability to create folders for projects, so you have to create new proof's as stand alone and without folders which is not very nice for organisation. I am told the folder feature is coming soon but we are still waiting for that.

Great Product and Customer Service

Our approval processes in house have been streamlined so much rather than sending copious PDFs which clog up the e-mail server. This way everyone gets notified of changes and everyone can say their piece without 100 e-mails being sent.

Pros

I love that it's super simple to use with no frills. It does exactly what it says on the tin and with improvements being made all the time with the platform it just keeps getting better and better. The bet part is that commenters and reviewers don't need to make an account in order to provide feedback which speeds the whole process up ten-fold!

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit buggy but that's the same for any piece of software / technology. It would be great for reviewers who log in to have a "walk through" automatically play to show them how the software works.

Hi there, Thank you very much! Really appreciate your valuable support and feedback for our software. We try to patch any bugs we notice as soon as we spot one. You can reach out to us anytime if you spot any issue with our program. Also, we're designing a process for reviewers to easily understand how to use our tools at their first login. Best, Team GoVisually

Great Product

Pros

The ease of uploading art to the system to allow our customers to review and make revisions directly on the mock up.

Cons

I like the software I would like to see some price breaks for customers who have been with the company for a while.

Hi Ashley, Glad to know you're loving what we've built. Thank you for your continuous support and feedback. We'll be working on more pricing options on GoVisually soon. Best, Team GoVisually

Great Use

It has been great, there may be some miscommunication but that is just a translation between the customer and the rep.

Pros

I love the fact that my customers are able to see everything and have direct access to our artist and their art. Its very easy to move between the rep and customer and artists. Their is no longer the be the messenger for the customer.

Cons

Not sure if this is on our end, but better organization per rep and their accounts.

Hi there, Thank you for taking time to give us a good feedback. We're happy that your team and clients find GoVisually easy to use and helpful at work. If you need any assistance, feel free to reachout to us over chat from our website. Best, Team GoVisually

Great Proofing Software!

I have had a very positive experience with GoVisually. It makes works very well for our company!

Pros

I like all of the functions and the ease of use when it comes to making edits to a piece.

Cons

I wish you could make sub-folders. This would be a hugely beneficial feature for our company.

Hi there, Thanks a lot for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. We are actually planning on introducing sub-folders to GoVisually. We release updates every month and our roadmap is packed with new features for release till Q3 2019. You can read more here: https://govisually.com/roadmap/ Best, Team GoVisually

Great Customer Support for a well thought and designed product!

My overall experience has been great so far and I am looking forward to continue using the tool!!!

Pros

I love the customer support of the company. They are responsible, responsive and almost instant with their responses. As an academician, I work a lot with content dedicated for kids. Supervising on my team's lesson plans and other teaching material, which involves a lot of designing, demands lot of reviews and multiple levels of changes. I used GoVisually trial product and it eased my process of supervision to the greatest level. Simple and brilliant features like comments over the area of changes, helped my team understand the corrections much quicker.

Cons

The pricing could have been a little more affordable and a detailed demonstration of the use of product should have been available on a public forum like YouTube.

Hi Sobitha, Stoked to see your review for us! Thank you for your feedback, means a lot to us. I have taken your suggestion to our team and we're now working on producing detailed tutorial videos! Best, Team GoVIsually

Perfect for everything you need

Its a very user friendly program for both the admin as well as the accounts. Anytime we have had a question Go Visually has been friendly and readily available. No one likes to 'wait on hold' for hours or wait for a return phone call that never comes. You never have to worry about that with Go Visually. When have even emailed them with questions and the got back to us right away. They are frequently enhancing their program to make it even better than it already is.

Pros

When someone signs in to see their art they also have to ability to see all of the art in their portfolio at the same time. As an administrator its really easy to add new projects, remove old ones and request revisions. Just in case you forgot what change was made to the art you can click the revisions button and see all of the versions that came before it, as well as the comment that was made...

Cons

When a project it uploaded. Go Visually sends out an email notification to every person that is listed as a reviewer on that account. Think of it like this... "XYZ school" is the account. There are PTA shirts, Soccer shirts, Beta club shirts, etc. When someone from the beta club makes a revision to their art all of the people on the account (i.e. the soccer coach, the PTA admin, etc) get notified...

Hi Morgan, We're stoked to see your review for us! Thank you for taking the time to write in such detail. Thrilled to know that you're loving what we've built! Our team will reach out to you to help you with the review process. Best, Team GoVisually

Great software

Pros

It's easy to use, has all of the features that we need, and serves our needs well. Its very easy to share designs and proofs with other people with a simple link, rather than having to ask them to create an account It's very intuitive for our clients.

Cons

One thing that we would like to see is folders to keep our projects more organised We are having to spend a good amount of admin time occasionally deleting old projects

Hi Harrison, Thank you so much for reviewing GoVisually. Happy to know that we're adding value to your business. We'll be releasing folder function in early 2020. You're going to love it. Best, Team GoVisually

GoVisually Review

Pros

Commenting is easy to use and view. It's fairly easy to upload projects and create new projects. The commenting and approval feature is the best aspect of this software. It's pretty easy to share projects and tell which reviewers have gotten into a project to review it.

Cons

It would be great to include a feature for reviewers to "approve with changes," so that they can be excluded from future revisions and their approval can be visible when a new file is uploaded, rather than having to go back to prior versions to find out whether they approved a previous version. It would also be nice to have a way to categorize the projects into different folders or some way of organizing...

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your feedback. Glad to know you'refinding it easy to use GoVisually at work. We're already working on some of the cons you've mentioned such as adding folders and improving reviewer interface. I'll definitely take up your feedback to the team and see how we can solve then in our future updates. Best, Team GoVisually

Edits Made Easy

GoVisually has made our organization more efficient and productive in reviewing designed projects. I don't know how we functioned without it.

Pros

I feel like GoVisually took our company out of the dark ages of leaving edits marked up on a printout. We are able to collect edits from inside and outside of our agency with ease with little training time for our clients. It really is just user-friendly and easy to use and I appreciate not having to spend hours to learn how to use a new product or show a client how to use that new product. I also really enjoy that multiple individuals can review at the same time. It cuts editing and review time making our agency more productive.

Cons

I would love to see this software more integrated with other platforms, specifically a project management software like Asana. This would make our team even more productive using this product as we wouldn't have to alert other team members when a piece of marketing collateral is ready to be updated.

Hi Lauren, We're stoked to see your review. Happy to know that you're gaining value using GoVisually. We'll be developing integrations soon next year. This will make proofing lot more easier for you. Thank you Best, Team GoVisually

GoVisually for a non-profit theater

Pros

I think the software is great and it's super simple to use. Everyone that I invite to review my projects seem to have ease managing through the workspace. I enjoy having several options of markers to draw attention to a specific change that needs to be made. The addition of the arrow has made a huge difference to my review process, because I don't always want to mark up the copy itself.

Cons

There are some people on my reviewer list that never receive email invites to proof my projects. I've done everything I can think to do and advised them to take certain actions, but they still never receive them. I can still give them access with the link, it just becomes a nuisance when I have to do that with every new draft.

Hi Megan, We're thrilled to know that you are loving our product. I have taken up the issue you mentioned in our meeting today. Our tech team will look into it, please reach out to us over chat if you face further issues in future. Best, Team GoVisually

Marketing Images Review Tool

The experience of using the software and the support we have and from Customer Support lead is fantastic. I feel that GoVisually are committed to this product and it will continue to evolve it and support our business.

Pros

Simple to use interface Allows multiple people to review images and provides a clear audit trail of changes It really engages people in the review and sign-off process across our business

Cons

As we use this system quite extensively, we are finding the filing system and archiving a bit basic

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for the honest feedback. Glad to know you're enjoying the experience and that GoVisually is adding value to Swift Group. We'll definitely address the cons that you have mentioned in our future update. Best, Team GoVisually

Solid Option For Teams Simple to Moderate Designs

GoVisually, as mentioned above, is not favored by the bulk of our team (non-creatives and clients) BUT it makes life bearable for the creative team so we continue to use it for our santity and appreciate the investment in continued improvements.

Pros

I love that you can organize projects, attach files to comments mark comments as resolved as that are addressed.

Cons

- NO TEXT EDITING. This is number critical and it's missing BIG TIME. You need to be able to highlight text/markup text directly. - Though I find it very easy to understand, non-creative users often push back on its use and label it 'not user-friendly'. - Too many emails so people ignore them, but then don't receive a notification when a comment has a question posted to it and conversation is then stalled. - The organization of the project structure - It would be much better to have reviewers assigned on a FILE basis, not by PROJECT

Go Visually - Pretty Good

Go Visually has been great for getting a design in front of lots of people without lots of emailing back and forth - a definite plus for our business.

Pros

I like how easy it is to comment on a work, or outline certain sections of the design.

Cons

There is no distinguishing "instructional comment" that lets you tell people what you've changed when you add a new design - you have to use a regular comment, which can get lost in review. It is difficult for people to see what's changed when they have to switch back and forth between design versions to see old comments.

Hi Laura, Happy to see your team gaining value from GoVisually. I'll take up your suggestion to our product team. Such a feature makes a lot of sense and can really help in multiple revisions. We are developing version compare and it'll be coming soon, having an instructional comment over it can be very helpful. Best, Team GoVisually

Great software for any department involving designing

The biggest business problem we are solving is being able to collaborate in real time on designs. We need inputs from different departments and this helps greatly.

Pros

I like that teams are able to collaborate and provide feedback on visuals created by marketing. We work on labels and graphic design on a regular basis and need approvals from regulatory and other departments in the organization. This software helps greatly!

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike. Except in the new update, when I am reviewing designs, in the right tab at the bottom it asks me to select under which category I want to navigate to. For eg. If i am reviewing a design in 'Finalized', after I am done with this I will want to see other designs under this category. But instead, it shows me the navigation button with 'Needs Approval' on it. This means I have select the category again to get to the designs which I was reviewing.

Hi Ralph, We're thrilled to know that you are gaining value from our product. Thank you for taking time to review GoVIsually. I have passed on your feedback to our tech team and they'll get it fixed soon. Best, Team GoVisually

GoVisually review after a year

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and understand, it's also a great value for the price. I also like that it stores revisions, so users can go back and see if changes they requested were implemented. The new ability to mark files as completed or needing changes was a great add. I also like being able to respond to comments directly in the software.

Cons

I don't like that it can be buggy at times, for example, sometimes I can't get the page to load. I also don't like that there isn't anyway to disable being able to download the PDF out of GoVisually.

Hi Anthony, Thank you so much for giving us an honest review. We're happy that you are gaining value from our product. We are about to release disable download functionality within 2 weeks. We also, try to fix all bugs as we spot them. If you happen to spot any bugs, reachout to us over chat and we'll get it fixed asap. Best, Team GoVisually

Great Product at a Reasonable Price

As a Graphic Designer, this has made the proofing process SO much better than the alternative of marking up PDF's or typing changes directly into an email. Requests are easier to track and respond to, and the process stays much more simple and organized.

Pros

This software has significantly improved my work flow with clients. Proofing large documents and reviewing and submitting feedback has always been a tremendous challenge in my field, but this system has completely streamlined that process for myself and my clients.

Cons

It does have a few bugs. When clients share proof links, some people are asked to login with a user/password, while others are able to access the content without issue. It's always a bit of an embarrassment when I have to generate a new link for the people getting the login page first. The new link usually solves the problem, but can hurt the timeline if I'm not able to see and respond with a new link quickly.

Great product for requesting approvals

It helps me with all the documents I upload and having a central location to view them. It saves me from having to use email to share documents.

Pros

I love that I can easily upload and share various documents that I design to request approvals and get edits.

Cons

I wish the share link stayed the same. Also some users need more help using it.

Hi Whitney, We're thrilled that you're loving GoVisually. Thank you very much for your support and feedback. We're working on something new for the share link and it'll be out soon. I'm sure you'll love it. Best, Team GoVisually

Really good interface !

Overall, it makes my job easier as I use it every other day, it is simply a good idea in a good layout.

Pros

It is much better than what we used to do earlier ! The client used to print our design, write comments on it with a bad writing and send us a pdf of that, again and again. It was really time consuming just understanding what we had to edit. But thanks to GoVisually, this job is easier, more clear and less source of potential errors.

Cons

What I don't really think is clear is the comment icon on a project. For me it was more obvious before, when it was a little red button, but I wish at the time it could have been green when the notification was validated.

Hi Camille, Thank you so much for reviewing GoVisually. We're happy to know our product has made work easier for your team! We'll certainly work your suggestions to make proofing easier and more intuitive for all. Best, Team GoVisually

Good for graphics - needs improvement for copy

Overall, GoVisually has been our go-to source for all graphic editing at my company. With a few more feature upgrades, I think we would be very happy.

Pros

For graphic design editing, the software works really well. You are able to easily highlight changes needed and all members on the project and easily see those changes and add to them.

Cons

The tools provided are not great for large amounts of copy editing. I hope in future version they improve upon this to strike words, highlight words to change, etc.

Extremely Helpful

Excellent

Pros

Streamlined revisions process, high value for product and account management. GV is the best.

Cons

Login / pw and viewing can sometimes be confusing for clients. More mobile friendly.

Hi there, Thanks a lot for your review, we're thrilled to see you loving GoVisually! We're working hard to make proofing easier for your team and clients, if you have any suggestions on how your experience can be improved please let us know. Best, Team GoVisually

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.