MEGA Logo

MEGA

Cloud storage, transfer, and communication platform

MEGA Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.59/10

Reviews by rating

MEGA It is really the perfect solution for cloud storage, excellent integration with other programs and websites, and it supports all operating systems with a high level of security.
The end-to-end encryption system is a great success. The interface is very clean and clear and it also allows you to assemble folders in a very comfortable way.
Massive download errors: every time I had to download very large files the software would freeze and I could not restart it. I didn't have any tool to optimize downloads to avoid errors.
Unfortunately I doubt about the security. I've lost ALL data I saved to mega.

el mahdi m.

Information Services, self-employed

The perfect cloud storage solution

It would be good to take care of some details such as:- Sometimes it takes a long time to upload large files, and when you leave the MEGA page, you have to restart the process again.

Pros

Cons

It is difficult to mention all the features of MEGA, but some of its most important features, for example:- You can take advantage of the storage space, this allows you to try the program before the purchase process.- You can play audio and video without having to download data, this great feature saves a lot of time.- a suitable price.

Falisha Z.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Cloud storage with MEGA

Pros

MEGA works well as a cloud service and file-sharing program. It offers a large amount of free storage space for those that sign up for an account with them. If a video file is saved here, it has a streaming media player that can watch and play a video without first downloading it.

Cons

I'm not too fond of the fact that the data are initially stored on the cloud storage throughout the downloading process rather than immediately on my computer's local storage. I can only download the files into my computer's local storage after the file transmission is complete. Additionally, users must set up an account with MEGA before downloading anything.

IS

Ibrahim S.

Graphic Design, self-employed

They should be more fair at local pricing

Pros

My favourite thing about MEGA is its transfer speed.

Cons

I do appreciate that we get 20 GBs of storage for free but it could have been higher. I know it used to be higher but they should have never been downgrade it or they could do better at local pricing.

Amani D.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Free cloud storage for business use solution for storing and accessing important data

Pros

The standout feature of Mega is its user-friendly File Manager. Its interface is simple and easy to navigate, with a convenient Drag and Drop function. Unlike other cloud storage services, Mega's interface resembles a traditional operating system's file management system, making it accessible even for non-technical users. Another benefit is the generous amount of free storage, with new users receiving 20-50 GB.

Cons

Two downsides to Mega are its file transfer speed and security. Compared to services like Mediafire, Nextcloud, Dropbox, and pCloud, Mega's file transfer speed is average. Additionally, I've experienced security issues with Mega, having had two of my accounts hacked and all my data compromised. When I reached out to the technical team for assistance, they were unhelpful. Another limitation is that the desktop version of Mega does not support file downloads with IDM, unlike several other alternatives.

Shahirah L.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Best for storing media type file

Pros

I have use MEGA to share and store media type files, like video and audio, as they has an embedded player than can stream the media directly from the software without me having to download the file before playing it. They have a free account that has decent amount of free storage that user can use it freely.

Cons

Downloading the files from the web browser version of the software is not effective at all. I need to stay on the MEGA webpage on the download process, and if i change to the other tab, the download process will be halt and worst, i had to start the download process from the beginning.

BD

Bill D.

Internet, self-employed

An indispensable everyday tool

Overall, I'm delighted with MRGA. I love the well-polished interface, ease of use, speed, and ability to share with others. It's more than just cloud storage, as I'm just beginning to realize.

Pros

I love the ability to designate some files as favorites and that is a sort function so I can quickly find what I'm looking for. I'll be pursuing how to chat with potential clients in a secure, encrypted fashion and meetings of up to 100 people to whom I can sell my services.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind at the moment

Rita Carla Francesca M.

Publishing, self-employed

Great cloud service

I'm using Mega together with two more cloud services to be sure I have a back-up copy of my files in more places, so that they don't get lost. It works seamlessly together with other similar applications without conflicts.

Pros

Having 50 Gb of free space, which gives you the opportunity to try it for a long time with a huge amount of files before deciding to buy it. Moreover I especially like the fact I can pause the upload process of each single file, thus deciding which one is uploaded first.

Cons

The upload process for a file sometimes fails when it's almost completed and it starts over again. But you can prevent it from happening by pausing the upload of other files.

Mateus K.

Research, 11-50 employees

The best cloud backup software

Pros

MEGA is extremely easy to setup and does not pester you with notifications whenever file sync fails. Whenever such problems arise, it works them out on its own. After years of using it, I have only seen notifications from it whenever my storage was nearing its limit, which unfortunately cannot be said of other popular cloud backup software around

Cons

My only issue with MEGA was that the Manjaro version was a bit buggy compared to the Windows or Ubuntu ones. Despite that, it's quite perfect

santiago m.

Environmental Services, self-employed

Mega is good

I like use Mega for personal backups, but i prefer other options for my business.

Pros

The best of Mega: Easy of use, very fast and very secure

Cons

The worst of Mega: If you receive the file, and you have free account is a little frustrating because Mega have a transfer limit.

Romaric S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Mega

despite all the challenges faced, Mega helps me to share some important files with my relations- it's an awesome cloud storage solution.

Pros

Mega is a great alternative for cloud files storing. It's easily accessible and simple to use.It offers nice pricing options with variable feature comparisons. I'm satisfied working with the free plan cuz it gives me enough space to share some public files.But I also think the paid plans offer extra privileges like additional storage, password link protection, analytics, content recovery, and more which is great for businesses looking for advanced cloud storage solutions.

Cons

There are two things that I find inappropriate with Mega. First, the file transfer speed is mediocre compared to Mediafire, Nextcloud, Dropbox, and pCloud.Secondly, the security level is not too good. I had two of my accounts hacked and all my data were compromised as well. This kept me frustrated and after reaching out to the technical team, they didn't do anything to help me.I also discovered that mega (desktop version) doesn't support file downloads with IDM meanwhile several other alternatives do.

MI

Mohamed I.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Best cloud storage services for file management

A good experience that I am using to this day personally and with users I think it is the best and easiest to use.

Pros

What caught my attention the most is the process of managing users, downloading files to them, and being able to see how they use them And we don't see this in the big companies In addition to its easy download for the user and its very clear interface to ensure that all files are fully uploaded One of their advantages is to increase the space when you invite other people, which gives you an opportunity to upload more files for free. It distinguishes the existence of a chat between you and other people to facilitate negotiation during file transfer.

Cons

I don't see drawbacks compared to competitors like Google Drive and SkyDrive .

SN

Saifya N.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used to backup photos and videos

Pros

A mountain of room to store photos, videos, and whatever else. App for my phone and web app for my notebook, I love the setup in both.I don't have to sync Mega since it's done periodically anyway.

Cons

Gladly I didn't need the help many times, when I did though I wasn't loving the service.

Pierfrancesco Maria P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Extra gigabytes and always available

Pros

Tried years ago out of curiosity, now it's my first storage resource

Cons

Even with the free version there is immediately a lot of extra space available ... convenient even for large files

DL

Dijavan Luiz S.

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

Famous hosting site

I always had the feeling of security when using Mega, because when it came to downloading files, I never saw advertisements and Pop-ups like other hosting sites.

Pros

1) It was the fastest hosting site I've come across in the last 15 years. 2) User can host and download without advertisements or pop-ups. 3) The site has the free version. 4) The user can also download on the cell phone even if they are not using the mobile version application.

Cons

Nowadays you have a lot of limitation on the amount of daily download, but it makes up for not so heavy files.

JJ

Jamieal J.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

storage review

Pros

love the way this software has its storage set up and that it has the app to make accessing your storage a lot easier and with downloading from here you can send out your link to have others download your file also...

Cons

well there is nothing wrong with this software well at least i have found nothing as yet...

Fortunato B.

Photography, 51-200 employees

Love it

Pros

I only use a few cloud storage softwares, and MEGA proved to be one of the best softwares currently available. Amazing and intuitive interface, it is really easy to use and it's incredibly fast in download when compared to other softwares. Love it.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about MEGA, it always proved to be a valid ally.

PB

Pumelele B.

Design, 1-10 employees

Mega Storage with Mega Features

I have been using MEGA cloud storage for some time now, and I must say that it has become one of my favorite cloud storage solution.

Pros

MEGA offers secure cloud storage with end-to-end encryption, which ensures the privacy and security of user data. It provides a generous free storage capacity of 50 GB, with affordable subscription plans for users who need more storage.

Cons

While MEGA offers secure cloud storage, the encryption can cause slower upload and download speeds compared to other cloud storage services.

Ngalla B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Mega.nz

Pros

The best thing with mega software is the free space they give for each signup.

Cons

It's a little slow as compared to other cloud storage applications

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Best file sharing platform with better storage and fast network

Pros

It is fast and using it is quite easy. I have introduced it in my company and they were already using it and it was a surprise for me that it is such a popular file storage and sharing platform

Cons

All is good with the online application. Even the application also works really well.

Jonathan A.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

My Mega experience

Pleased with the service. Would recommend.

Pros

- end to end encryption; definitely a must in this era, ensures security and privacy of files; - service is generally easy to use and navigate; - generous 20 gb of free storage; - desktop app for quicker uploads; - easy to use mobile app; and - source code of their applications is available for all to see and scrutinize which is a plus for transparency and builds trust in the service.

Cons

UI and UX could use some work; particularly when uploading documents and stopping uploads. The UI and UX can be a bit confusing.

LV

Leo V.

Computer Software, self-employed

mega review

Pros

It Have a Program you can Install and is the one who gives the geater ammount of storage free space.

Cons

Nothing wrong uploading or Downloding Files.

Ryan P.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Free cloud storage app

Pros

It is extremely easy to upload images from your phone directly to the app, thus it saves a tremendous amount of space. There's also the option to have encrypted chats which are very secure for private conversations.

Cons

Files may have to be uploaded individually as it does not allow for complete folders to be uploaded

TB

Tanya B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Life saver tool!

Pros

So easy to use, it becomes an essential tool on a daily basis. Program in very complete, and helps me manage and share all the files i need !

Cons

I've nothing to point out as negative, pretty good tool!

Design, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Fast file sharing, very easy to use!

It's one of the best websites to download stuff, easy to use, fast, and didn't have that "trap" download buttons, very recommended.

Pros

Fast, really fast when downloading files, no matter how big the size of the files, you can also use the apps on your phone so you can access it anywhere

Cons

They have a limited size of downloads per day for the free user.

Surya P.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Best cloud storage for large files!

Overall, Mega is a great option to share and store big files at a cheaper price.

Pros

Mega is one of the most reliable large cloud storage option available in the market at very reasonable prices. I especially like it's in browser download technology which provides faster downloads and its free tier provides good cloud storage space.

Cons

Supportive applications are missing as compared to other cloud storage provides. Also downloading files via Mega gets very slow sometimes.