Personify Community Reviews

Personify Community

Digital spaces & collaboration for nonprofits & associations

3.43/5 (7 reviews)

Pros
  • We are switching back to Daxko in November and we are all very excited to see our functionality improve and our membership numbers increase.Dave T.Read the full review
  • Refunds were easy to process. I liked that we had the ability to use contact tracking through the software to notify coworkers about issues with certain customers.Dave T.Read the full review
  • Being in the finance department, I'd be remised if I didn't note that the underlying accounting functionality is superb.Michelle M.Read the full review
Cons
  • Staff had a very hard time catching on to how to use the program. Due to Personify's lack of response and problem solving we lost a large amount of money.Kendra C.Read the full review
  • There are too many things that you can click on that are not necessary for our association to use. The subsystem names for membership types and programs/classes were more confusing.Bradford D.Read the full review
  • This program tries to be all things to all kinds of organizations but it is a terrible fit for what I do.Lisa B.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Rebecca Beidler

Perfect for our purpose

Reviewed 2018-09-26

This was a work in progress that has blossomed and really helped us create a community for our users that is extremely useful and very user friendly.

Pros
This software gives us the ability to customize to our needs. They are very helpful in working with us a client and making this easy for our users.

Cons
Not really a con anymore, but it was not as user friendly in the past as it is now.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Sheila Johnson

Satisfied: 6 years and counting

Reviewed 2019-10-21

Among many benefits, the reduction of individualized emails has given our team more time to focus on other aspects of business. There has been a significant impact on our communications team by eliminating the need for email campaigns.

Pros
Our online-closed community has become our primary source of communication with clients, collectively and individually. The software provides our clients with greater ROI by giving them direct, immediate access to vetted resources. Before using the software, clients engaged with a limited number of staff members. Now, they have access to all our subject matter experts through discussion forums and private messaging. Clients also benefit through engagement with other customers using the platform.

Cons
I would like to see improvements on how notification settings are managed throughout the community.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Loved our project manager | Disliked the admin user experience

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Served it's purpose for the organization's online community at the time, but would choose a different online community solution now.

Pros
It served its purpose as the online community for our organization, which was very group-based. I think it was the cheaper option that the organization went with at the time, but there are other platforms that far out-perform it at similar price points now. I really, really enjoyed working with our Project Manager. He came prepared to our weekly calls, had innovative ideas, was very responsive and helped with compiling data for important presentations.

Cons
I can't express how much I disliked the admin/back-end interface. It was extremely difficult to navigate, not intuitive, cluttered and just plain not user friendly. It didn't look anything like the member-facing view, so I was constantly switching between browser windows to see "my view" vs "their view" and trying to hunt down the changes I made. It was exhausting! I consider myself tech savvy and have picked up other platforms far more quickly. I inherited it from a previous employee, so perhaps if you're part of the project and building the community from the ground-up, it makes more sense. Definitely not friendly for newbies. Members had difficulty navigating it as well - particularly when it came to updating their profiles. I'm thankful for our great PM because the community wouldn't have survived otherwise!

Very solid platform

Reviewed 2018-06-25

Connecting our supporters to each other and allowing them to post and share resources to each other.

Pros
The customization of the software allows our organization to connect our users across different geographic areas. We were able to build a comprehensive resources section with incredible filtering options which has served our organization well.

Cons
The system is based on HTML blocks, and sometimes you need to use contract hours on getting those blocks fixed, as they can be hard to edit as an average administrator with little HTML experience. This can be frustrating when the only edit might be to bold or center a section.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Maggie Liu

Works well enough

Reviewed 2019-10-21

It's easy to keep all projects and conversations in one place

Pros
I liked that the projects were grouped by topics.

Cons
Email replies didn't move directly into Personify. The dashboard has the latest conversations from people in other companies (I don't really need this). I think other conversations should be grouped as well. I would prefer my dashboard to be a visually user-friendly snapshot of what I'm doing in the platform.

Rough price point

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-05-15

Personify as a company works to nickle-and-dime the customers. They require CEP hours, and if we hit the maximum the customer manager will refuse to answer calls or emails until the next month. They don't really go above and beyond. It might be tolerable if they had a superior product, however it is hard to use and hasn't met all of our needs.

Pros
The Personify Community worked decently for our organization, and was scalable for us.

Cons
The cost of the software is more expensive than what we had anticipated. In addition, progress on updates that we had requested was slower than what was promised.

Khristina Brimah

Personify

Reviewed 2019-10-25

I dislike using Personify early on in the switch. I never got comfortable with the system no matter how many times I used it

Pros
I used the software for several years and the only good thing about it is that there is a dashboard that list everything.

Cons
I used the software for several years and it is the most difficult program that I have ever used. The language is confusing and it is so difficult to find anything once the window/tab is closed.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10