PinPoint

Electronic document management system with automatic filing

PinPoint Reviews

Pros

We give this software an overall 5 Star because it is just that good and the price points are outstanding.

Gerry P.

The support you get from the folks at LSSP is amazing. They are quick and ready to help with solutions.

Jeff A.

Overall they provide good customer service and the cost for the storage size is great, they regularly make updates and work on ways to improve the product.

Melissa P.

Marilyn M.

Only complaint is it locks up with windows 10, then need to log out and back in, anytime leaving it not being us3d for 5 to 10 minutes.

Sandie D.

Jill A.

4.5

A True Electronic Document Management System

PinPoint has helped us go digital and have the Invoicing process happen in the EDMS.

Pros

PinPoint does not limit or hide behind pay walls. They have a simple and cheap pay model and that is per year according to the number of years. It is easy to learn and understand. It Supports PDF Forms + Digital & Electronic Signatures. With features like Drag & Drop documents in PinPoint and sharing an external link with 3rd party without worrying about document security, PinPoint has helped us a lot. PinPoint recently revamped their whole UI which made it more easy to use and Navigate. PinPoint also comes with a FREE fully fledged CRM.

Cons

Nothing to say here from me. PinPoint is on the right track and they are pushing out new features and updates every 3 months.

PinPoint excellent price point1

We have over 1 million documents presently scanned in our 5 file rooms. With one particular file room we have made available to our Account Executives (remote applications) the prior days activity logs allowing them major time savings in locating data and the invariable "lost" document or "checked out" documents issues have vanished. Having the electronic documents gives them access any time of day or night and they never have to worry about where they can locate what they are need of for a client. The timeliness of retrieval is only upon their shoulders and not dependent upon anyone else.

Pros

Ease of installation, functionality, embedded feature rich tools. Excellent customer service and support! The speed with which the software is able to retrieve queries when using meta data searches. The capability to have the scanned documents OCR'd in the background speeds up processing. The various privacy levels which limit access to highly confidential data. The excellent price point for the software and the annual ongoing maintenance contracts. This feature rich software, for the price, is an amazing tool to have at your disposal to reduce the paper clutter that traditional filing cabinets require and that off-line storage area that is no longer required (major cost savings)

Cons

I cannot think of any! We have had such great success with the product.

Unhappy customer

Finally, the terms and conditions state "LSSP Corporation reserves the right to prorate any refund that is requested for professional services rendered to the client in an effort to resolve any client issue(s).", but if you request a cancellation and prorated refund, they will not give you a refund. Look elsewhere for a document management software solution, there are many better alternatives out there.

Pros

The LSSP (Pinpoint) product used to be cost effective, simple and usable. Unfortunately that is no longer the case.

Cons

The LSSP (Pinpoint) product has become clunkier and more difficult to use with each "upgrade". The large price tag does not correlate with the functionality of the product. The text search function is virtually unusable. The automatic character recognition and file sorting function does not work, as a large percentage of files are rejected. There is no way to integrate the document management software with my accounting program.

PinPoint Document Management System

Overall my experience with Pinpoint is a positive one and I would recommend it to anyone with an extensive filing database that requires consistent activity.

Pros

Pinpoint is a great system for managing documents. Its filing system and searchable pdf feature make it easy to track down old docs in our archives. Uploading and updating new docs is simple and fast. There are helpful dashboards that make navigating Pinpoint on a daily basis stress-free.

Cons

My biggest complaint with pinpoint is actually that it has too many features. There are several for which our office has no need, but the options can’t be toggled off so they clutter the search fields, the upload window, and the gallery view.

End users have been very happy.

Pros

I like how they have updated this over the years. Like the training access. Support is always helpful and gives us instructions on documentation as well.

Cons

Not any cons was happy when we migrated from the server version to the cloud.

Moved to PinPoint from eDrawer

I've been wanting to make some recommendations for changes in PinPoint, so thank you for this opportunity to do so! I have seen some great things come out of your company. Thank you for constantly improving on what you have created, and for giving us the opportunity to have a voice in those changes. We started out with eDrawer and moved to PinPoint. Each software program has it's plus and minuses....

Cons

Thank you for performing this review. We will contact you as well as you can export an entire folder or case at one time already.

Excellent Customer Relations and Communications

Our business is hugely paper intensive. Due to this system we have been able to cost effectively store all of our documents and have them easily retrievable.

Pros

It does everything that I could want and very infrequently do I have an issue. When I do, they are very prompt to respond and correct the situation. Most of the time it has been a connection issue to through the web. At most this happens 1 or 2 times per year.

Cons

Everything works really well. There are a lot of functions that I don't use, but that is due to the nature of our business, not the product.

PinPoint Review

My coworkers don't have to come to me to find various paperwork--it is at their finger tips--of course I still have to remind them occasionally, but that is simple.

Pros

I don't have to go looking for anything in a file folder or look for folders any longer. I just pull up pinpoint and search for what I need. My office is no longer full of folders and papers. Everyone has access to all the folders, so they can look for what they need and no longer ask me for them.

Cons

PinPoint has a few annoying features--like you have to click a certain area of a drop down or it won't open. It sometimes won't load unless you close the browser and reopen.

PinPoint Document Management

Just as I indicated above, affordable, reliable software that manages my documents. I know I don't have to worry about them. PinPoint has helped with my peace of mind so much.

Pros

PinPoint is affordable but yet helps me be HIPAA Compliant. I have the ability to monitor usage and run audit reports. We also have a reliable, searchable document management system in PinPoint. It is great!

Cons

Learning to create the structure for my business, but the PinPoint rep was awesome and helped so much.

Pinpoint/Edrawer

Pinpoint has been a great purchase and highly recommend it

Pros

The software is very robust, has mean features, a lot which I do not use, but I know they are there if ever needed. Many API's and wonderful customer services.

Cons

I really cannot say anything bad or negative about the software

Rough Start

We struggled a lot getting PinPoint set-up. There needs to be a manual showing how to use ARIE and load documents. We had not realized the font size affected how well ARIE sorted the documents. Despite our struggles, we now can run and use PinPoint seamlessly and it works for our firm very well.

Pros

I like the customization of how to name and index documents. My one-on-one training sessions with our PinPoint representative have been extremely helpful.

Cons

I think from the admin's perspective, it is very difficult to set-up and customize. Visually when setting up permissions, it is not very user friendly. Although the paid trainings with PinPoint representatives are VERY helpful, the free online information is NOT that helpful at all.

PinPoint Operation

We are storing client files primarily on the system. We also have from time to time auditors come in from the State or we turn files into the court. We are able to provide a thumb drive with the requested information.

Pros

Ability to look for a file once already in the system. It is good and bad to have options on how to do the same thing multiple ways. It makes the system definitely flexible but makes it difficult to train. We have to pick a process and train others. Once you know the options it is easier We like the video training. Needs to be updated to new version

Cons

Support documentation is too wordy. It is difficult to follow. Need hierarchically step by step instructions with pictures. You can tell the person that writes it definitely knows the system but there are assumptions. Would prefer to not have to go through DropBox for the pick up the file feature. When viewing pages have to scroll up and down and across to see the pages. If on the screen there was a way to minimize the Group Programs section on the left to extend the screen.

Insurance Agency

Great company to do business with. Have been with them for many versions of the software and the product keeps improving.

Pros

Ease of use and performance. Secure storage.

Cons

Once in a while a document is too large or has security properties that are not compatible, but this is rare.

Pinpoint

They are willing to answer questions but I would prefer phone support more than just emails or website support.

Pros

Filing the documents with ease is what I enjoy.

Cons

Finding documents takes multiple steps; merging documents seem to take a long time since latest update

helps with Document revisions

helps with document management and online backups of important data files. 3rd party integrations are inbuilt and helps with adding more functionality and features.

Pros

PinPoint let us manage documents online and keep revisions. Versioning has been the great feature since we can recover to previous revisions easily. The documents can be shared and sync'd with various devices.

Customer satisfaction

Great way to store your data

Pros

Easy to search for files in latest version

Cons

I can not think of anything major, instruction manual could use more detail

Great product, greater people

Pros

The functionality of the software is amazing. The support you get from the folks at LSSP is amazing! They are quick and ready to help with solutions.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this product.

Migrated from eDrawer to cloud based Pinpoint

Pros - 1. cloud has always been up when I needed access to my documents 2. integration with drop box is easy 3. always on the latest version - no patches or upgrades needed 4. Excellent response time to locate and view documents Cons 1. No way to reorder the columns based on a users preference if not using a field(doc status), cannot move to far right and allow the meta data fields...

Cons

Thank you for your comment and feedback. we will keep those on the list for review at next enhancement set.

PinPoint

Took a little time to get comfortable with it as we had in on a server. Once we did it has worked great.

Pros

Software is easy to use and documents are accessible from anywhere since it is cloud based.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while to load the software up but this seems better as of late.

Pin Point User

Pros

It works great as a filing cabinet. I was able to find the files needed. Once I knew how to use it could go back and forth between types of files.

Cons

Not easy to use, It does not have an easy flow, from signing in to retrieving the files. a bit cumbersome.

Good document management system - very user-friendly

Pros

The product is easy to use once it is set up to your specific needs. The customer service at LSSP has been fantastic. They respond quickly and provide personal attention and dedication to solve any problems encountered.

Cons

This is very specific, but when you go to search on certain screens, the system doesn't allow you to just click the back arrow to return to the search screen. You have to go through a couple of steps from the main menu to get back to the search screen. Also, the way the alphabetical folders show on the screen is a little backwards.

Great Support Team! Using filtering page to find docs is complicated. Some bugs we've encountered.

Personally (but I use Pinpoint all of the time), I find it easy to use, great for storing, I've seen some bugs (minor), and have offered suggestions to your support staff. When I train my staff to use Pinpoint, I hear complaints that it's difficult to navigate; to find documents, hard to figure out the Search Content page (we use this page the most). I think the more we will use it, the better response I will receive (just have not achieved this level of satisfaction yet). We would like to have outsiders use the View User screen (to view their own documents, without calling us to send them), but I have a feeling they may find it difficult to use as well. Errick is awesome! and your web support is very good too!

Cons

thank you and we will keep your comments to help us.

I use this software to manage large document criminal cases for defense attorneys in California

The attorneys I work with are largely computer-literate only to the extent of being able to do Google searches, and legal research (Lexis, Westlaw, etc.). A few of them also able to use social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). In short, they have no experience using document management programs, so having one that is as easy to use as PinPoint is really a necessity for them. I have had excellent reviews from all the attorneys who have used the program. The only "complaint" I have is that it seems really difficult to clear out cases once they are done. I would like it if we could just hit "delete" and have the cabinets go away (with a warning message of course).

Cons

Thank you for your comment and feedback.

Still learning the best ways to maximize this software.

We are still learning to use this and find it better than E-Drawer in many ways. We are frustrated at finding documents that are not able to be viewed. When we have contacted customer service they want a full list of those documents. We don't know that something is not able to be viewed until we are looking for something and find that message. That is very frustrating. We have also encountered several times when Pinpoint has not moved items from our copyscan which has lead to more work on our side as we had to determine what needed to be rescanned (we had been deleting the copyscan folder once we moved the files over).

Cons

Thank you for the review, and we will make note and improve on this.

eDrawer

The biggest issue we encounter with this product are the security settings. We can only have one administrator login add Drawers/Folders to the system. There needs to be greater flexibility with the system. The overall concept is easy to use and understand as long as the user has a set naming scheme. The cons we have experienced are: the delay in response to technical support questions, we were billed for a maintenance fee that was not expected per the contract, and the license we received this year for the system is listed as a different company.

Cons

Thank you for your reply.