All categories

Reviews Summary

Lisa S.

Eduardo R.

Read the full review
The browser panel is also not able to reconnect to the cloud once the Internet connection is lost.

Marina Z.

Eduardo R.

4.3

Easy file sharing

It's a good service overall, I have a 2TB paid plan. I've been using it to work with a remote team and it's been seamless most of the time. We work on different continents and time zones, as well as different file formats and I haven't encountered any major issues. The only downside I find is the conflicted files when two or more people are working on a document at the same time. Perhaps if there was a way to track changes and merge the files it would be better, but I guess that would be a different service.

Pros

- Easy to set up an account. - Easy to install and use in your PC. - Real-time update of documents across machines, cloud, time zones and continents.

Cons

- Sometimes due to connection trouble sync is lost and I had to do a manual pause > resume to make it work. - It's hard to go over the work on a conflicted file when two people had the same document open at the same time and saved changes to it.

Sync.com- for perfect sync

If you are basic Dropbox or One drive user, just switch on to the Sync.com for hassle-free cloud service with high-security measures and real-time protection. Just try it. Highly recommended.

Pros

I was get interacted with sync.com during looking for an alternative for OneDrive. Highly recommended with security measures of Sync.com and we can keep our files with secure and 100% private. The file transferring speed is really quick when compared to the OneDrive for both downloading & Uploading. Still, we can manage our files with any of our devices and the mobile version is really helpful to keep our files up to date. We can share our files instantly and plans start with 5GB for free of charge. We can send our files with self-destruction features and password protection and even we can share our files to non-Sync.com users.

Cons

It's really hard to find cons for this cloud service. Hope the subscriptions fees will be reduced in future in order to compete for cloud service kings such as Dropbox and Google Drive. The free plan should be more in future to attract newcomers.

Started off great but have fallen fast

Started off as a good system for small businesses with one of two users. Once you have files (we are at 120GB of 2TB quota) and the system stops syncing across devices completely. The only support option is through a contact form, and support team takes 2-3 days to respond. As a premium member, this "priority" support is poor.

Pros

Affordable pricing, easy to use system, supports multiple platform.

Cons

Doesn't work for teams with lots of files. Syncing files between computers take days. Support is irresponsive. Premium members receiving "priority" support still gets a reply after 2-3 days.

Easy filesharing syncing and backup

I use it to back up the companies Documents and share them across three computers. Always in sync. I also use it to share big files via links and email with customers. For personal use i use it to send HD big video and photo files to friends and family. So simple.

Pros

It is so easy to use and never fails to do what it should. I much prefer it to onedrive or dropbox etc etc. You can try it out for free for ever as long as you want if you do not need too much storage space or too may concurrent links or too much history saving. I have hardly ever had to look at the help it is so intuitive. It gives you 5Gb free to start with but you can increase this to 15Gb if you recruit others to use it. Very secure, encrypted. A friend who worked for GCHQ reckoned they were the most secure of any of these systems.

Cons

Nothing really. You cannot expect to get more than 15GB free which is what they offer if you recruit 10 more people.

After 1 year using Pro version of Dropbox and Sync, I now only use Sync.com

Pros

Fast. Affordable. Secure. Intuitive. For half the price of Dropbox, plus the ability to recover old versions and deleted files. For business, teams are basically free, compare to Dropbox where an account with teams isan amount per user, sync is a small amount per user. Sync also has a vault feature, which is a nice for backup files and long term storage of files that you want to keep safe and don't need to work with everyday. Love that when you share folders with someone, the shared folders only count toward the original users quota. This makes it possible for a PRO user to share large files with free account users. With Dropbox, I couldn't share large folders with clients unless they had a paid Dropbox account.

Cons

If you try to change too many file or folder names in too short a time, Sync starts to produce conflicting files, especially if you have two computers syncing to the cloud at the same time. Dropbox algorithms seem to resolve file conflicts better. There is not much customer support to speak of, just help boards and email.

Easy, Secure and Priced Right. What isn't there to like?

Pros

I was looking for an alternative to Dropbox, Google and Microsoft's OneDrive and found it in Sync. I needed something inexpensive and easy for my clients to use. Most aren't tech savvy. They just want to set it and forget it. Another thing going for Sync is it is a secure storage system. They can't look at the file contents and no one else can either. It is encrypted end-to-end. With business plans from 1TB to 10TBs, there is something for any size business.

Cons

The only one that comes to mind is, when a directory is shared between several users/computers, it can take a moment after opening a directory on the computer for it to be updated to show the new files in it. But just a few seconds so nothing major.

Secure and affordable file sharing.

We needed a file storage system that was more secure than Google Drive, and affordable. This fit the bill. I like that I feel more confident our files are now secure and that it isn't breaking the bank.

Pros

We share files among a team and needed a solution that would allow us keep doing that in a user-friendly way. We also needed it to be secure. Sync.com works very well for us in these ways.

Cons

There are a few quirks that are challenging - for example, you can't rename top-level folders for a whole team that are shared with a team, and that moving files breaks the link to those files. They are small things and wouldn't make us stop using it.

Excellent security

Pros

First and foremost, I like that this backup service uses end to end encryption and with servers in Canada. The service works well and usually has a small memory footprint on my mac.

Cons

Their concern for security limits certain aspects of the iOS app, so it doesn't integrate into other apps like competitors. The only thing I miss is on the iOS app is a search function.

My goto file backup and synchronisation tool

Replaced my old Dropbox account for client files management

Pros

- Easy to setup and control the workflow - Fast sync and you can choose exactly what folders to sync - Easy to share folders and documents for sync with other and collaborate - Includes a history for your activities - Can check if a file has been downloaded (great for clients review) - Team shared folders - More pricing options - Easy access and management through the web application

Cons

- Does not have as many integrations with third parties yet compared to other platforms - Hard to tell which files and folders are shared and to whom within the desktop app

Good for sharing files, not for editing in real time

While Sync is useful for me and my team, I find it far inferior to Google Drive as a file sharing software.

Pros

Sync is great for uploading, editing and sharing files with coworkers, although NOT for editing in real time. The desktop application is handy for quick access to the files.

Cons

Unlike Google Drive, documents in Sync cannot be edited by two users at the same time. This creates two new files that must be reconciled. While the desktop application is great, the browser version of Sync and the mobile app are very glitchy and almost impossible to use.

Secure and Affordable Cloud Storage

We use Sync.com successfully to organize our large documents and files that we share with clients. Many times, clients have to send us very large media files. Instead of trying to send these through emails or through WeTransfer, it is so much more organized to send them an invitation to a shared folder and have them upload as much as they want into that folder. It saves everybody time, and it keeps things more organized. It also gives me peace of mind knowing that all of the data is encrypted and secure.

Pros

This cloud storage service is simple, affordable, and secure. It does everything you need it to do. It is cheaper than alternatives, but it still has strong encryption and best security practices. The interface is easy to use, and it is easy to share folders with other users/collaborators. The desktop app works nicely to keep the folders on your computer in sync with any changes made by other users. When we do file sharing with clients, the interface is intuitive, so we never have to guide them through the process.

Cons

It's not as ubiquitous, so we usually ask our client to create the free account with Sync.com first to start sharing their files with us. I was also not aware that the "Vault" service provided by Sync.com is not adequate to do a full backup of my hard drive. I found that out after trying and failing and dealing with the customer support until they finally realized that this wouldn't work because some of the cache files were changing too often in the background. Overall, the customer support was helpful throughout the process though.

Excellent Storage Solution

Pros

We chose this software mostly for the security features. We also like that we can have multiple computers in our office sync together, so any one of us can be working on any file and instantly we all have the updated versions of the files. We like that we can share folders with our clients, and clients can also securely upload files into shared folders.

Cons

When the files are uploading/syncing across multiple machines, it does seem to slow our internet down significantly.

Easy Cloud Storage

I ended up creating a sync account for my tech-challenged aunt who wanted to be a snow-bird but still be able to access all of the files on her desktop from her laptop (for business purposes). I got it setup on both devices, moved the pertinent files into her sync.com folder and it worked like magic. Never any hang-ups and plenty of free storage space for what she needs. I have used dropbox for...

Pros

I love the amount of free space and the speed of uploads and downloads.

Cons

Nothing.

Great cloud storage backup for documents

Simple, safe cloud backup for corporate documents

Pros

I like sync.com because it allows us to backup our corporate files and documents, in addition to having local copies. Synchronization is seamless and it supports multiple users to access the files and folders. The storage space they offer is also huge for the premium version. It allows you to create links to access documents, with expiry option for external users.

Cons

The cost can be considered high as compared to other cloud storage applications which offer similar features at no cost

Great cloud alternative

Pros

It's a cloud service that is well-priced and with many great security features for sharing files.

Cons

It still needs to have some features that other famous cloud providers have, like unlimited file batch upload from a smartphone.

Don't even think about these guys

I wanted to like these guys so badly. Now I just want to warn everyone to stay away. I have no idea how anyone uses this product. it is barely functional. I am stuck with a 5 mbps download speed. Nice trap. It will take me most of this year to get my files off Sync and onto a better provider.

Pros

I wish I had something to fill in here, but I don't. Every time I try to work with this product, it is just hours of frustration....

Cons

Poor tech support. Download speed of 5mbps...seriously. Try to download terrabytes of data with that speed. Raw photography files are not supported for preview..We are talking a standard that is 12 years old now.. You want to find that picture of your summer vacation? You will have to download every file and browse it on your desktop. No version control. No ability to upload or download only. Sync across multiple platforms means everything gets deleted if you make a mistake. Uploading through the browser alters the metadata of the file. I have not had any positive interactions with their tech support since I opened my account with them

InSync

Pros

Sync.com is cloud based drive like drop box. It supports end to end encryption. You can set no of download on any shared file that may help you restricting further distribution of your shared files. You can grant view only, read only, upload and other rights to users. You can set a session timeout limit to avoid too much bandwidth consumption.

Cons

Slow upload and download due to end to end encryption

Sync safe tool for online cloud storage

Pros

This platform is a great low cost (free) tool for backing up data files to the cloud in a safe and secure format. I found it very easy to navigate the platform and was able to quickly upload files of various standard formats: pdf, jpg, word, and excel. The mobile app provides ease of access to your e-cloud storage as well the the webplatform that can be accessed from any device.

Cons

I can’t say that there is anything that I don’t like about Sync. I havent run into any specific issues since i started using it a little over a year ago.

Sync cloud storage

I write books. Whenever I close down my writing software it updates the cloud storage automatically to cloud storage.

Pros

It simply sits quietly in the background and gets on with its job. It's free!

Cons

Nothing. It does everything that it claims it can do

No No No! This is the most terrible experience I made with clouds

No benefits, only problems and data lost.

Pros

Nothing positive, only negative experience

Cons

I am a private user with 500 GB storage paid for 1 year. 1. The desktop app (version 2.XX, the latest sync.com offeres) is NOT WORKING. Neither under Windows 7, nor under Windows 10 Enterprise. Even after many installations and deinstallations it just keeps indexing, freezing, not synchonising and uploading the data. Instead, it looses the files while the so-called "synchronisation process". 2. The...

Encryption is great

Pros

Privacy is the biggest thing that sync offers. Absolutely no fear of losing any files. Easy file upload.

Cons

This offers very limited free storage as compared to google drive or a few other freely available tools. 5GB is certainly not sufficient in today's digital world.

Straightforward cloud backup

Secure cloud storage in Canada

Pros

Canada based - thus keeping sensitive files in Canada. Encrypted, more secure than some competitors. Easily share files or directories even with non-users. Accessible in browser or app. Maintains a log of activity. 5GB free to start but simple ways to get that increased.

Cons

Not as much free space as Google Drive. Easy to overlook compared to Google, Dropbox, etc. Haven't really encountered any issue yet.

Great product... Very pleased so far

Positive and efficient

Pros

I have used Dropbox for storage in the past but Sync is a better option when considering price per month. It's a secure way to save files which I particularly love because I am in employment law. There are many documents in every case and a safe way to protect these documents is crucial.

Cons

I've been using Sync for just under 6 months. I have not noticed any downside to the software to date.

Great free 5GB cloud backup

Sync has given me the safety of mind to know that my documents are backed up on a free cloud service.

Pros

When Our external hard drive broke we thought it was time to look into cloud storage. Sync allows for a free 5GB cloud storage back up perfect for small businesses. Its also super easy to use.

Cons

While the free cloud back up is nice you use it by storing items in a Sync folder and in order to safely do this that requires you to have an entire extra copy of the data sitting in the Sync folder using twice the space on your computer.

seldom updates

this problem is affecting our business I do not trust it at all

Pros

not sure what to write here, I don't like anything about it this system doesn't sync

Cons

we make changes in our files and it takes days to update, if you are lucky

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.