Tresorit Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.33/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Using it to store important documents in a secure way and be able to access it any time any place plus sometimes sharing some document does well the job. The aspect secure is important to me.

DS

Dominique S.

Their support team is phenomenal, and they're always quick to respond and happy to help, and is some of the best customer support I've ever received.

AK

Austin K.

Miro L.

The app freezes very often, sometimes it's so bad that it can even freeze the entire machine (Mac). Recently I've maxed out my storage and now it freezes shortly after the app is launched.

I cannot list one single issue, Tresorit is 360 degree perfectly designed platform. I hated the 1GB size file limited but now that limitation is gone.

massimo f.

Limited amount of integration options into existing workflows and tools.

Tresorit users...

OneDrive

SpiderOak-logocaret

SpiderOak

Compare both
How would you rate Tresorit?

Marc D.

Marketing Consultant

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Tresorit by Marc Duke

Transcript

Marc D.: Hi, my name is Marc and I'm a marketing consultant and my rating for Tresorit is four out of...

Get it.

Transcript

Jens: My name's Jens. I'm a software developer at my own company and I'll give Tresorit a five out of...

I'll Be A Customer for Life

Overall, I'm very pleased with what Tresorit offers and I'll be a happy customer for a very long time.

Pros

The thing I like most about Tresorit is the seamless integration between my devices, both PC and Mac. It's been a smooth transition moving over from Dropbox. I also share a lot of private documents/images and Tresorit makes the process easy and secure. It's absolutely worth the higher price as compared to other cloud storage services.

Cons

I store a lot of images and the preview can take some time to appear in my finder. It almost seems as if it's having to download the file to my system before it lets me see what it is. It may be due to another reason, but it's a bit frustrating especially when I'm in a hurry.

Everything in one place

It is easy to install on Linux, Android and Windows and I use it on all three systems concurrently. It is fast and deals smoothly with any conflicts (which are rare). I mostly use it for personal files, some business-related and some purely personal, so rarely share documents with third parties, although this is possible and straightforward to achieve. It allows me to keep important documents and records in synch between devices, both at home and when travelling abroad. Naturally, it depends on reasonable internet connections, but I cannot think of any occasion when I have been unable to access a document of which I had need at the time. I use it every day and it provides everything I need in one place.

Pros

For me, its most useful feature is that I can deploy it seamlessly on various different platforms and operating systems with the added benefit of all data being encrypted on every device.

Cons

I run a small business and margins are tight. I mostly use open-source software that is either free or based on a contributive model. Tresorit is relatively expensive for my actual business needs but I can also use it to provide an excellent repository for personal files as well.

Unstable on the Mac and problematic

Pros

Seems secure, at least that's the promise, besides the user interface OK (but nothing special, dropbox is much better). Used Tresorit for a few years and can't really find more advantages.

Cons

- The app freezes very often, sometimes it's so bad that it can even freeze the entire machine (Mac) - Recently I've maxed out my storage and now it freezes shortly after the app is launched - It won't sync files that contain special characters. So for example, if you have lots of links to websites saved as files (they often contain "|" and other special chars) then these files won't sync. Tresorit team knows about it and hasn't done anything to fix it over the years - It often doesn't create links to shared files when using the context menu - it's hit or miss Bottom line: not all files get synced and it's very unstable. I do not recommend Tresorit. Where do all the good reviews come from? Maybe Windows version is better?

A couple of years on Tresorit

The seamless synchronisation over a couple of workstations and tablets works great. Also the possibility of sending large files to customers in a secure way is usefull. However most of my customers have not heard of or are not using Tresorit.

Pros

The straight forward interface and the assurance files are properly synchronized. In pre-Covid times we used to be on customer sites world wide. And at that point it is vital having the most recent project files at hand.

Cons

The synchronisation with pictures taken on a phone. Sometimes they sync automatically , sometimes they need to be enticed to be synchronised. Not a big issue as not the main purpose of using Tresorit.

You Get What You Pay For… The Best Secure Storage

Overall it’s a 9.5/10. The 0.5 is for the issues I mentioned in the Cons but overall everything else is just so good I’ll be a customer for the foreseeable future if they can work on those issues, it would easily be a 10. They are absolutely the best secure cloud storage option available and 2nd place isn’t even anywhere close. In fact, perhaps laps behind.

Pros

Literally everything. After many years of using it, I can honestly say that everything about it is great. Any time I notice anything bothering me, they usually fix or add a new feature for it within the year. You can tell the staff is urgently updating and maintaining this software. There are flaws, but they’re so minor, I barely notice it in daily use. And I use it 10-15 times a day.

Cons

I also use it to store photos and videos, not just professionally. Sometimes when I am uploading photos and videos, it’ll glitch and duplicate, or freeze, or have issues finishing it and be stuck in an upload. When you close out, sometimes when you open it just resumes. Other times, it stopped and only some have uploaded. Then I have to delete what is uploaded and retry so I don’t have duplicates....

Excellent software, allows for piece of mind

Absolutely excellent experience. Going from hard drive manual back-up to this has helped a lot, allowing me to have my files saved automatically and accessible amywhere. I have never had problems with losing work, or not finding previous versions thanks to Tresorit's many tools. Also the perfect way to share files with friends and colleagues.

Pros

- Plenty of secure storage (with top-quality encryption) - Constant upload (saves your files whenever you update them), so you're sure not to lose anything - Good file recovery - Excellent for sharing large files (with both Tresorit users and non) and for sharing them securely (can require a password and such) - Extremely easy to use, with a clean user interface - Possibility to access files from mobile phone and other devices is very useful

Cons

Only thing I am missing as a Premium user is the "File Request" function (to receive large files securely from others) and possibly some more control on who sees the files you share.

Exceptionally Easy Integration and Use

We needed a cloud service that was very secure but easy to use. Tresorit checked both of those boxes.

Pros

I can easily access our entire organization's files from multiple devices. I love knowing that we are using the most secure cloud storage available. This has made our goal to "go paperless" that much more reassuring for me and my board of directors.

Cons

Can't think of any cons at this time, thanks.

Tresorit is in a league of its own.

Pros

Easy and powerful. Very secure. Search works. Can store anything I want. No weird one photo at a time like drop box. Super easy to share and control sharing unlike Gdrive.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I don’t like about tresorit. I’ve been waiting for this solution for over a decade. They nailed it.

Dear Jonathan, Thank you for your kind review! If you have any improvement ideas or feedback in the future, please don't hesitate to share them with us at support@tresorit.com Take care and have a nice day! Daniel

Stable and secure cloud storage

Positive and happy with it!

Pros

Using the software since 2018 I like the positive evolution of the product. All added functionalities were well thought and useful

Cons

That some customers had problems using it and, as it seems, there might be bans in certain countries for encrypted file sharing...

Sicherer Cloudspeicher

Pros

Die Ende-zu-Ende-Verschlüsselung ist die Grundveraussetzung, um sensible Daten in der Cloud zu speichern und mit mehreren Geräten zu synchronisieren.

Cons

Keine besonderen Nachteile festzustellen.

Showing original review in German. See translation

Not cheap but well worth of every penny

Security of my data coupled with the ease of access and user-friendly behavior of the program and the company behind it is the ultimately irresistible offer. Both for private user as well as for company of virtually any size.

Pros

Tresorite is a user-friendly cloud storage package with security at the very top level. When you do not want, you don't even have to know it is running in the background. Yet it becomes very powerful when one needs to recover the data - basically from any platform one chooses. But what is perhaps the most important is its security focus. It took me a while to put all my sensitive personal stuff in it but it's been very secure there since. It is very easy to use, very good customer support. But honestly - I did not need it that much over the years I have been using it. Can only recommend.

Cons

Nobody likes expensive solutions. But the higher subscription price of Tresorit is more than justified by the features the program offers.

A high-quality file storage service that places your privacy and security first.

Pros

I love how Tresorit makes syncing and storing my files not only simple and easy to use (it's practically invisible as it integrates with your computers file system - just set it up and forget it), but primarily because I know that my files are safe since it uses end-to-end encryption as well as zero-knowledge security. It has all the security features you would expect and more, such as 2FA, and login...

Cons

One of the things that I've found to be a little tough is file deletion, as of now if you delete a file it's gone forever since it's synced among your devices (there is no trash folder/function). Although, I've been told that this is something that they're working on and am looking forward to being added in the future.

Tresorit Linux and Windows

Backing up my documents and sharing them amongst my different computer and sharing with a small team

Pros

I moved from dropbox because of end-to-end encryption so the end-to-end encryption is what I liked most. Having said that, the application interface is really easy to use and so is the web-based interface. Also, I needed to have something which works on linux since half my computers run linux.

Cons

The ability to be able to collaboratively edit microsoft word documents is a weakness.

Dear Martin, Thank you for your kind words! Unfortunately, due to the encryption system, we'll most likely not be able to release collaborative editing in the near future. If you have any further feedback or feature requests, please send us a message to support@tresorit.com Take care and have a nice day! Regards, Daniel

Fully content with this product

Very good. Have been using it on 2 workplaces, since we have 2 offices. As well from a laptop.

Pros

The most important part was, that it is encrypted on the way to the server as well as on the server itself, which is the only way to maintain security. That way even the server owner can not access the content. Being an accounting firm with detailed information about our customers we needed a safe and secure storage place. As we have 2 offices, I can use the data from the TRESORIT as a cloud on both maschines. As well when I am in my holidays I can access date on my laptop over the cloud. Additinally it gives me the security, that if any of my computers are bogged, broken, hacked or whatever, I always have the data available. It is a backup of all my important files.

Cons

When you access a file on another computer, then the one where your original data is stored on, there is always a little delay for the files to open.

sécurité des données.

petit problème de mise à jour pour les utilisateurs Android dé-googleisez, mais le support à fait rapidement suivre l'apk. donc pour nous qui n'utilisons plus aucun service de gg c'est très important et permet de renforcer la sécurité des échanges.

Pros

la sécurité des données, le partage l'accès multi support multi os. administration simple.

Cons

pas de support français, bien que le support met tout en œuvre pour répondre et en français.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Safe harbor for my files

Pros

As a writer and journalist, it is important for me to protect information from sources. Tresorit has protected storage in the EU and this keeps my files reasonably safe. Synchronization between my devices works flawlessly.

Cons

Collaboration features with MS Office, Google Drive or iCloud could be better from a point of view of user experience, certainly on iOS devices. For me, this is not essential, but it could refrain possible customers from switching.

Perfect solution

Pros

Encrypted data transmission, simple operation, reliable functionality, EU compliant

Cons

I can not find any disadvantages at the moment

Safe and sound, but expensive

It is definitely worth the money.

Pros

Tresorit is the best and safest on the market, I think.

Cons

But it comes with a price (it is about 10 times as expensive as Dropbox, if you reckon in terms of Gbs). And you cannot access Tresorit through Webdav, so not through external clients. The good news is that the new iOS files app does allow access.

Tresorit by Marc Duke

It's a really solid backup solution with industrial levels of security.

Pros

It is really secure and runs quietly in the background. Easy to set up in terms of identifying folders to back up and works just as well on mobile on the desktop in terms of accessing files.

Cons

At times dealing with error messages can be a little tedious and there is a feeling that there are so many things you can do with the product.

Tresorit, great product

Perfect

Pros

It just works, easy to deploy, works seamlessly in the background, great to be able to use software made in Europe

Cons

There was nothing not to like, everything worked

Total Security of your web assets

total comfort and peach with all the web assets, highly recommended

Pros

The user interfaces, version of the documents, encryption and the way it syncs in many devices,, just love this

Cons

The price and the search options i have been telling tresorit since i have started uusing it since its inception, seen the feature now though

Security and strong encryption without the hassle of setting up a complex environment

Sharing between workstations via sync, and sharing files and folders with external contractors, companies or individuals.

Pros

Sync between PCs and colleagues, share via file and folder links even to users without Tresorit or without any Tresorit knowledge. Sending big or sensitive files to third parties (like external companies, individuals or freelancers) have never been easier. Also - it shows professional attitude compared to other services like email, free big file transfer services etc.

Cons

The notification tray icon menu got back the managed C# .NET context menu, which is a bit slower and has a less native feeling.

Simple to set up and use. Good value for money.

Generally good.

Pros

Real time synchronization provides constant reassurance I always have a copy in the cloud that I can also access from anywhere.

Cons

Confusion over Tresorits and using the APP rather than logging in via a browser.

Excellent product

Pros

The reliability and ease of use; the version control; the seamless sync function.

Cons

Well, pretty nothing appears to me to be 'liked least'.

Apache vs tresorit sync folders

I am able to manage my work on multiple computers / devices and continuously / seamlessly work on different devices without worrying about files being updated to the latest version

Pros

I can put my apache localhost folder inside the folders that tresorit syncronises and be able to use php+mysql while tresorit is running (can't do it with onedrive)

Cons

mobile application could be little bit faster / more user friendly