All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Tresorit Reviews

Pros

Their support team is phenomenal, and they're always quick to respond and happy to help, and is some of the best customer support I've ever received.

Austin K.

Miro L.

Molly J.

Read the full review

Cons

It often doesn't create links to shared files when using the context menu - it's hit or miss. Bottom line: not all files get synced and it's very unstable.

Read the full review
I suspect that if you're a larger company you get priority service but really this isn't acceptable. It's the one thing that really is disappointing about Tresorit.

Sylvia S.

Austin K.

4.8

Safe harbor for my files

Pros

As a writer and journalist, it is important for me to protect information from sources. Tresorit has protected storage in the EU and this keeps my files reasonably safe. Synchronization between my devices works flawlessly.

Cons

Collaboration features with MS Office, Google Drive or iCloud could be better from a point of view of user experience, certainly on iOS devices. For me, this is not essential, but it could refrain possible customers from switching.

Excellent software, allows for piece of mind

Absolutely excellent experience. Going from hard drive manual back-up to this has helped a lot, allowing me to have my files saved automatically and accessible amywhere. I have never had problems with losing work, or not finding previous versions thanks to Tresorit's many tools. Also the perfect way to share files with friends and colleagues.

Pros

- Plenty of secure storage (with top-quality encryption) - Constant upload (saves your files whenever you update them), so you're sure not to lose anything - Good file recovery - Excellent for sharing large files (with both Tresorit users and non) and for sharing them securely (can require a password and such) - Extremely easy to use, with a clean user interface - Possibility to access files from mobile phone and other devices is very useful

Cons

Only thing I am missing as a Premium user is the "File Request" function (to receive large files securely from others) and possibly some more control on who sees the files you share.

Unstable on the Mac and problematic

Pros

Seems secure, at least that's the promise, besides the user interface OK (but nothing special, dropbox is much better). Used Tresorit for a few years and can't really find more advantages.

Cons

- The app freezes very often, sometimes it's so bad that it can even freeze the entire machine (Mac) - Recently I've maxed out my storage and now it freezes shortly after the app is launched - It won't sync files that contain special characters. So for example, if you have lots of links to websites saved as files (they often contain "|" and other special chars) then these files won't sync. Tresorit team knows about it and hasn't done anything to fix it over the years - It often doesn't create links to shared files when using the context menu - it's hit or miss Bottom line: not all files get synced and it's very unstable. I do not recommend Tresorit. Where do all the good reviews come from? Maybe Windows version is better?

For the discerning user

I have come to depend on it more and more as my ideal backup solution for "critical" data. It's never caused a problem and actually helps me in defining what data are truly essential for my work and personal interests.

Pros

It is available on all the operating system platforms that I use and works flawlessly and seamlessly.

Cons

It's on the expensive side - although worth it if you genuinely need the facilities it offers.

Exceptionally Easy Integration and Use

We needed a cloud service that was very secure but easy to use. Tresorit checked both of those boxes.

Pros

I can easily access our entire organization's files from multiple devices. I love knowing that we are using the most secure cloud storage available. This has made our goal to "go paperless" that much more reassuring for me and my board of directors.

Cons

Can't think of any cons at this time, thanks.

Safe and sound, but expensive

It is definitely worth the money.

Pros

Tresorit is the best and safest on the market, I think.

Cons

But it comes with a price (it is about 10 times as expensive as Dropbox, if you reckon in terms of Gbs). And you cannot access Tresorit through Webdav, so not through external clients. The good news is that the new iOS files app does allow access.

Apache vs tresorit sync folders

I am able to manage my work on multiple computers / devices and continuously / seamlessly work on different devices without worrying about files being updated to the latest version

Pros

I can put my apache localhost folder inside the folders that tresorit syncronises and be able to use php+mysql while tresorit is running (can't do it with onedrive)

Cons

mobile application could be little bit faster / more user friendly

Tresorit Review

Excellent

Pros

End-to-End Security, attention to what is needed, there is nothing superfluous.

Cons

Nothing. It meets all my requirements for security plus it has document sharing like other cloud storage sites.

Fully content with this product

Very good. Have been using it on 2 workplaces, since we have 2 offices. As well from a laptop.

Pros

The most important part was, that it is encrypted on the way to the server as well as on the server itself, which is the only way to maintain security. That way even the server owner can not access the content. Being an accounting firm with detailed information about our customers we needed a safe and secure storage place. As we have 2 offices, I can use the data from the TRESORIT as a cloud on both maschines. As well when I am in my holidays I can access date on my laptop over the cloud. Additinally it gives me the security, that if any of my computers are bogged, broken, hacked or whatever, I always have the data available. It is a backup of all my important files.

Cons

When you access a file on another computer, then the one where your original data is stored on, there is always a little delay for the files to open.

Reliable offsite backup

Suberb with firs rate technical support

Pros

Reliable off-site backup that is fully encrypted and so secure Automatic backup as files are created / modified / deleted Superb techical support Together with regular on-site backup this combination gives the business assurance that valuabel documents remain secure and ewasily accessible

Cons

When a file is deleted from the company hard drive, it would be good if deleted files are kept on Tresorit so they can be recovered if deledted in error. I think this facility is already present as I have had occasion to retrieve a deleted file in the recent past

A high-quality file storage service that places your privacy and security first.

Pros

I love how Tresorit makes syncing and storing my files not only simple and easy to use (it's practically invisible as it integrates with your computers file system - just set it up and forget it), but primarily because I know that my files are safe since it uses end-to-end encryption as well as zero-knowledge security. It has all the security features you would expect and more, such as 2FA, and login...

Cons

One of the things that I've found to be a little tough is file deletion, as of now if you delete a file it's gone forever since it's synced among your devices (there is no trash folder/function). Although, I've been told that this is something that they're working on and am looking forward to being added in the future.

Great interface, outstanding security

As mentioned in my review: 5 gb free storage, end-to-end encryption with zero-knowledge by Tresorit, great iPhone app for uploading and viewing images/photos

Pros

There are multiple cloud storage solutions with different goals. For the goals of highest security (end-to-end encryption with no possibility for Tresorit or anyone else without your password to access your data) with easy/seamless access on both computer & mobile, there is no better solution that Tresorit. Features I use include: - 5 GB free for life after doing introductory tutorials/exercises -...

Cons

Obviously, even more storage for free would be better, but Tresorit gives you the highest amount of free storage for an end-to-end encrypted, zero-knowledge-by-your-cloud-storage-provider solution.

Secure file storage

Pros

Files are secure and easily accessed from anywhere.

Cons

When more than one person is accessing a file, corruption easily occurs. Tresorit has tried to correct this with a new feature that marks the file "in use" so that if another person accesses it, they cannot make changes. However, it would be optimal if everyone could work on a file together and all changes would hold.

In my group we used Dropbox, Box, and few more but none is even comparable to Tresorit

All my files are perfectly synced and shared across my collaborators with no effort. I used enterprise versions of all the competitors and I can guarantee that they are miles away from the reliability Tresorit provides.

Pros

I love the total control and accessibility to each file or folder. We sync 9 machines with GB of data and not once we experienced a failed sync or a versioning issue. The encryption method is among the best in the industry. Usability is top notch. In my team I have MDs with our not particularly tech-savvy, and they use Tresorit with no issues.

Cons

I cannot list one single issue, Tresorit is 360 degree perfectly designed platform. I hated the 1GB size file limited but now that limitation is gone. At Tresorit they listen to their customers' suggestions.

Very Secure and Easy to Use... Even Grandma can do it

Easy data security and quick adoption from users.

Pros

As a cyber security professional, and a personal security advocate, the security and ease of use that Tresorit delivers is top notch. Unlike other popular file sharing services (D...box and others), Tresorit supports client side encryption. This means even if Tresorit is hacked, your data is still secure - Tresorit never has access to your unencrypted files. In the current environment of constant hacking...

Cons

IMO Tresorit is the superior secure, cloud storage service that I have used.

Mist significant benefit is the knowledge that our data is securely stored in the cloud. Complete end-to-end implementation of data encryption.

Pros

I carefully researched and indeed used other cloud storage services only to find them all truly lacking in the most critical area; Tresorits complete integration of solid secure storage is superior. My group of businesses depend on Tresorit's end-to-end encryption to securely collaborate amidst my team's. We are transferring sensitive, critical data that I was never completely comfortable doing using other services. Tresorits web site and apps make using their service a breeze to I repeated into our workflows and having access on the go is brilliant. "Tresor" has become a commonly used verb now for our group of software engineers, financial and business team and management.

just great

Working in a team with the same data Old versions of each file are safed

Pros

easy to use. Integration in finder on MAC.

Cons

nothing. I works perfect for us. ........

Tresorit offers security and speed, all in a user friendly package.

Pros

Security and privacy is a must in my business and Tresorit are serious about both security and privacy, so much so, that only I know my login details. And I love the way that any changes, subtractions, and additions to my Tresors is immediately reflected. Tresorit is always improving. When you think there is nothing more they can do to better their cloud, they come up with something else. They are modern, forward thinking, and offer much more than even the most well-known cloud service. Last, but far from least, if you contact Tresorit, you don't have to wait around for days for them to get back to you. Great cloud.

Cons

Peace of mind sharing, sync and backup with zero knowledge encryption

peace of mind. a one stop solution for backup, keeping several devices with synced files and sharing files securely.

Pros

easy to sync specific folders and have them synced on multiple devices in paths that I choose. it's even easier to share a specific folder/file and have it accessable only for a limited time and or download. it's equally easy to set a password that must be entered in order to access it. New files upload and download fast, really fast. The ability to restore files makes it perfect.

Cons

There are no cons, perhaps it is a bit on the expensive side, but since its so easy to use its a easy sell.

A brief review about Tresorit

I have been using cloud storage almost all the time for data backup purposes so far, and one-way synchronization (from my computer to the cloud storage) is the solution I had been looking for. The Tresorit has fulfilled this requirement adequately well; however, I have found the offered "permanent immediate deletion" option in this software unnecessary and dangerous because an intruder can delete the backed-up data, which cannot be later recovered because the data are immediately deleted. Instead of an immediate permanent deletion, it would be better if the data could only be deleted after they were sent to trash and after an amount of time.

Pros

Quickness when the unmoved Tresors have been synced, and end-to-end encryption.

Cons

My concerns about the immediate permanent deletion option are expressed in the overall experience section.

PERFECT CLOUD STORAGE

CANNOT WORK WITHOU IT.

Pros

EASY- TO-USE. ACCESS FROM ALL DEVICES, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE WITH SECURITY.

Cons

AT THE BEGGINING, IT WAS THE FILE SEARCH BUT THIS HAS NOW BEEN SOLVED.

The most secure and easy-to-use storage service so far

Pros

For years, I have used Dropbox, but then I read some articles about its privacy and got frightened. I was happy to change this solution, where your data is in safe, thanks to the zero-knowledge storage. By now, the app has a fully equipped interface with great features like Dropbox has (share a library/file; file history; great mobil app for Android).

Cons

I really do not miss anything. The most wanted function was the file history (so you cannot delete a file without a chance getting it back), but it has been delivered this year.

Very good sync program!

Tresorit enables us to be organized and efficient by automatically syncing our files between computers with ease. Most of the time we don't even think about it, since it runs so seamlessly.

Pros

We use the KCD kitchen design program on several computers, one of which is a laptop we take out on jobs to do on-site design. Tresorit has allowed us to do this and update our files with ease on BOTH computers, so that there are no mistakes or discrepancies in files. We had previously tried SugarSync, but ran into some issues and ended up switching to Tresorit. We have had zero issues in about two years using Tresorit, and we love it!

Cons

No issues to report so far with this software!

Privacy focused cloud storage

Never had any issues, their app works perfectly and does everything it should do

Pros

- Provides zero-knowledge experience while keeping everything fast and organized - Don't need to worry about privacy of your documents

Cons

Doesn't support macOS tagging system, so that when you sync files to another Mac it won't preserve same tags.

Awesome, secure, and beautifully designed.

A better alternative to Dropbox, Box, and Sky Cloud. All of which I had been using. Now I have moved almost all of my things to Tresorit.

Pros

The security aspect of this service is what makes it appealing. The company does a very good job of detailing the exact ways in which it insures the safety and security of your information

Cons

You can't retrieve a lost password. But I guess that's just a cost of security. The first time I lost my information, though, the customer service was phenomenal in trying their best to get me my service back.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.