Wire Reviews

Wire

The most secure collaboration platform.

Wire

Review Summary

Pros

Great value if you only want a secure chat software this is the most robust option. But look elsewhere if you need something that has a lot of 3rd party integration or bots to help with productivity.

I only have good experience i love using this product as a person 3 years ago but now i created a new account because of my company.

Szilard S.

I love knowing that I am safe, I like the simple interface, the ad-free.

Szilard S.

Cons

The quality of the picture is so bad that I couldn't use the program. Got headache because it is so unclear.

Jens L.

Loading times to log on can be a bit of a pain. Other than that nothing wrong to point out so far at this point.

Before we started using Wire the communication between each other was a big issue, but now that we're using this app - we have seen those problems diminish a lot.

Mark M.

4.5

Wire use in clinical research

Pros

I'm the Principal Investigator of an NIH funded research study using Wire to deliver group therapy via text and video-calls to people with a serious mental illness. So far, participants and staff have greatly enjoyed the interface, its innovative features, and the user experience in general. In particular, the group video-conferencing feature allows for smooth and high-quality group calls from mobile devices. In summary, the software has exceeded our expectations in terms of reliability and functionality.

Cons

If I were to pick one area that could be improved, it would probably be the option to easily download and securely archive existing text-based group conversations, which isn't currently available. However, it is my understanding that Wire has plans to develop this feature moving forward.

Simple but lack features

Pros

As a chat app very simple to use and setup. UI is basically chat but nothing else. Self-destroy message makes sharing sensitive info easy. Secure voice calls and video calls quality are surprisingly high. Pricing is very competitive compare to other US rivals. Europe-based company.

Cons

Wire is basically just a chat software. Integrations with 3rd-party almost non-existent. Syncing between devices have issues sometimes that re-sync with new encryption key may be required. Syncing chat history takes longer time than usual.

Use for sharing the screen with end to end encryption.

Wire is an unlimited package of benefits because we are using this application for many years and it has been proven a good package for all our needs. This application is an excellent video conference tool to communicate with clients and its mobile app offers 24-hours service to allocate the business detail on hand. Everything is quite easy and superb with this amazing application by making video conferences to overseas clients and sharing the ideas on every business promotion. All information is secured and stored on the cloud to provide the safest way of communication.

Pros

Wire is the best application to communicate online with clients for sharing ideas and thoughts on business promotions. So, this software provides the best platform to collaborate with clients through live streaming and video conferences. An easy hand on all business details and provoking new ideas for promoting business opportunities. Nothing is difficult in understanding as this application is very easy and simple to share the business ventures. Then, all you need to do is just put this software for your business meetings and have unlimited benefits.

Cons

This software helps in understating the business promotions with unique ideas but, all that comes with good quality internet. If your networking is not good then, you can enjoy its offers and packages because during live streaming it can cause hindrance to your live conversations.

Wire dropped the ball.

It was pretty great for the first couple years. Despite the "you have to wait 15 minutes for messages to decrypt" slowness in the browser, and the occasional UI bug, the platform fundamentally did what the security community was looking for. Now, however, wire doesn't seem to care about the security community that helped it get popular. we feel like we've been abandoned by leadership. I personally invested years of my life in helping wire become the defacto secure comms program that I could count on for my friends, family and customers - and now i feel like i've made a terrible mistake, because just as its becoming critical to have secured communications, wire has kicked me to the curb, and with me, my entire community and all of my customers.

Pros

It actually does e2e, and its mostly useable on multiple platforms.

Cons

oh where to begin. I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and a few other folks for the last four years to do things like "bring the mr. robot television show in as an avertising medium", reported easily dozens of bugs, lodged dozens of feature requests and onboarded easily a few hundred users. wire decided that it wouldn't accept support requests or feature requests from non-paying customers, so I attempted to create a paid account in order to contact support, and even after creating a paid account I was ignored by wire. something changed internally at the company and it wasn't for the better.

online meeting

Pros

the part that we like most is , ease of use and security it provides.

Cons

we like to see to be able to have a online meeting with more than 4 people at the same time. ( like wbex team ( even 100 people ). this helps us to fully use it as our primary source rather than switching to other services when we have more than 4 people in the meeting. another issue is in the typing section, it doesn't have the option ( or allow ) for auto-correction ( spelling and grammar ) which can cause some problem ..

Security and Privacy

For now, it is a great app as it is highly recommended by a not for profit organisation that cares for personal privacy and security.

Pros

Security and Privacy and ease of use. Also, the options to sign up either by phone number or an email.

Cons

Unsure of making bots to prevent sharing suspicious links or prohibiting calls to unknown users.

Secure with something amiss

I love wire and would recommend it to everyone. Its much more secure than other apps; whatsapp and fb messenger. Perhaps being regulated by EU laws means they respect your privacy far more than American, Canadian and UK based apps. the iOS and Android app work very well and it does almost everything which whatsapp does and it even has a color drawing mode.

Pros

Its definitely MORE secure than Whatsapp and Facebook messenger. I never feel that someone is listening to my conversation or reading my chat with Wire.

Cons

Saving video and images is a bit difficult. Sharing location is not as seamless as whatsapp... perhaps if they can add time limit, it would be cool.

Increase our productivity

Pros

We´re now faster in internal communication. We like most, that we are able to have different streams and can send layouts and easily assess ist.

Cons

The Mac Version (Desktop) need some updates in design und functionality.

Can go better for Companies

Secure communication and a trustful feeling because you company based in west europa and has phone numbers and address

Pros

Works, Can handle more as one account, voice quality is great

Cons

No Conference video chat like (hangout), No Channel (such as Telegram) No sub groups in a group

Great for the Workplace!

My whole team really appreciates Wire and we rely on it over any other form of communication.

Pros

Wire is great for the workplace! It is simple to use and has a fabulous IOS app. It allows me to stay in contact with all of my coworkers who work not in the area since we are all working remotely right now. It is an added bonus that Wire is encrypted and they care about their user privacy.

Cons

I really have no complaints with this software. It updates frequently and it is perfect for a large work group to communicate via computer as well as via mobile device.

easy, safe, up to my expectations

It is the tool we needed to support the re-opening of a school with the medical-civil security team. This plus an online pad we shered and work on together in the same time. I use a private free address with my daughter and try to rally them to wire in order to quite wats'crap, facebeurk and those climate warming / data gathering / manipulating software. I started using Signal some years back and heard of Wire a bit more than two years ago from someone who was ambassador for a south American country.

Pros

conference mode safety and confidentiality technical support fluidity of the conversation, we can hear different collaborators speaking in the same time but without having the feeling of saturation. easy management of screen-sharing and easy way to send a document or a link

Cons

I was unable to figure out how much it will cost me to use Wire, once I finish the trial period.

Wire - secure messaging platform as well as audio/video comms is finally here!

As an early Wire (personal) adopter and a vocal supporter (I want to say Ambassador), I may be a bit biased. Still, I strongly believe everyone deserves a fully secure communication platform and there must be no compromise on that - Wire proves it's possible. I have successfully converted more than a couple dozens users to Wire - and we never looked back.

Pros

First and most of all, Wire is all about security. Full E2E encryption for all the services it provides - messaging, voice, video. There are no compromises here and if security is a top priority, you don't have to look further. As far as I know, they are already doing some post-quantum cryptography experimenting, which is really impressive. Did I mention they are 100% Open Source? Did I say the voice quality is absolutely fantastic?

Cons

Not a lot of things I can say I don't like - basically for private usage the only issue is adoption, as the competition is very hard (not that I find any of the competitors good) and most people base the adoption on the number of people already on the platform. For business usage, I would say that it has everything that most people would want - yeah, including gifs, but it's always hard to adopt a new tool/software for the team, especially a communication platform.

The best we've found, but leaves a lot to be desired

Not loving it, sometimes really frustrated by it, but it works just well enough to keep around. I don't know of any secure messaging alternatives that work any better...

Pros

Our organization works with vulnerable communities and needs to be able to communicate securely so we've been looking for an encrypted alternative to Slack for some time now. Wire seemed like the closest fit in terms of the features we wanted: custom "channels" the ability to include some people outside of the org, silo'ed information, and secure group calling. It hasn't been spectacular at any of those things, but it hasn't been terrible either.

Cons

Wire is a pretty new product and it shows. The calls frequently drop, or some people's audio won't connect, etc. etc. Calls generally have to be limited to just a 3-4 people or the quality degrades even further. Our plan to use it as a communication tool with communities has been shelved indefinitely while we wait for some upgrades. In the meantime, our team mostly uses it text each other, which has been a significant improvement over email, but not quite as functional or intuitive as Slack channels. Nevertheless, it seems to be the best thing we've got so we're sticking with it for the time being.

Clarity of Communication

My experience can simply defind in one word, EXCELLENT.

Pros

I like wire because even you have slow connection, you can still able to talk clearly and you can hear clearly the one talked with. We usually, use Wire during the team meeting and talking with clients. If there's clarity of communication, there's no room for mistake especially when your boss relay an important instructions. That's the power of Wire in our business.

Cons

Maybe the least thing about wire is how they market this software. Still, majority of human race doesn't know about Wire.

Easy and secure to use communication solution for our business

We like Wire a lot because of the end-to-end encryption, we as a hotel deal a lot with sensitive data of clients to make them feel comfortable during the stay. In order to do this we use Wire across different platforms like on desktop in the reception and on mobile with all our staff. Wire makes it easy to communicate in a modern way via messenger by not needing to think about if the data is protected well enough.

Pros

Our main pros we like about Wire are the end-to-end encryption, the fact Wire offers apps for all platforms and gives us the opportunity to communicate across these. Audio quality is very good compared to other solutions or regular phone calls.

Cons

We noticed some bugs during our use but they also got resolved pretty fast by the team.

WIRE has been a game changer for our Program

Pros

I love WIRE because it allows our team to communicate easily and securely. We are a new team and decentralized across a lot of different countries so we needed something to replicate an 'office space' - somewhere to have quick conversations with the right people; somewhere to share files and sometimes jokes; and somewhere to share documents with easy encryption. WIRE did all of these things for us and ore.

Cons

Because our IT system is pretty locked down we have issues with automatic updates running smoothly in our system - resulting in a pretty much dysfunctional app. Instead we need to use the browser version.

Excellent Alternative to Slack

It has been a great product as something that is very similar to Slack without all of the weird publicity. Slack has seen some issues recently with identity and I think Wire has much more flexibility and integrity. I trust them.

Pros

I love that this software is always up to date and helps me reach my work team at all times of the day. You can set it up through an app on your phone and always be nearby for work emergencies. I also appreciate that it is an encrypted software that allows us to have conversations without fear of it being hacked in to or stolen.

Cons

I think that this software could have a wider selection of gifs and images for use in conversations. I know that seems a bit silly in a work environment but many of us express ourselves through gifs and memes.

Wire Teams

We are organizing a distributed Team with high expactiations to security and usability especially with regards to group text chat. These expectations were completely satisfied.

Pros

- Great call and video quality - Highly Secure Architecture

Cons

- UI is a bit messy, especially with lots of contacts - Calls a are somethimes Buggy to establish, especially with multi-device usage

Best Messenger

For me it is ideal for brief contacts with my patients improving their satisfaction

Pros

End-to-end encryption, independency of SIM-Card, cross-platform usability, Synchronization of messages, all-in-one-backups => safety and transfer to other devices is easy, multiple accounts in one app, lack of advertisements

Cons

Compared to other messengers, there were no disadvantages

Excellent

I had really good experience and never faced any issue. The only suggestion is if some working can be done on its price as its a bit pricey.

Pros

Very easy and user friendly and easy to communicate on individual and group basis as both facilities are available.

Cons

A bit costly as compared to the work requirement

Beautiful, Easy to use, Top notch security, Messaging as it should be

Pros

Wire is a great example of well developed security messaging. The UI is beautiful and the security does not drag down the ease of use of the software. This is a prime example of engineers knowing how to balance usability and security.

Great system

Well I can easily contact my partners and it is clear in display.

Pros

Time efficient easy to set-up and use. Very simple

Cons

I don't really recall anything that I am not happy with just yet.

Best encrypted collaboration platform

For a regulated crypto assets exchange data privacy is of utmost importance. Wire assures us fully encrypted communication and gives us and our clients top level security. Luka Gubo, CEO

Pros

Ease of use, strong encryption, good call quality (audio and video)

Cons

Limited number of callers on encrypted video call

Thank you, Luka! Increasing the number of participants in a video call is definitely something we plan to work on in the future.

Review from non-profit

Pros

The end to end encryption of the platform is great. The app is super easy to use, and adding new features is building on the capabilities for our remote team structure.

Cons

The app seems to take up a lot of space and can slow down other software when in use. We also would love a larger group video option as it currently only allows up to 4. If we can consolidate all of our comms needs into the one platform, that would be best, but we currently have to rely on other platforms for larger conversations.

Wire is an actually secure messenger

We use Wire at SiteSquad.com to chat and collaborate quickly and securely every day. It's become our go-to over email or SMS. I highly recommend it to any individual or company looking to take their communication to a higher level of security.

Pros

+Encrypted chat +File sharing +Screen sharing +Multi-device support

Cons

-Somewhat steep learning curve -Cannot screen-share with control

Hi Sam, thanks for the review! Please email wire.support@wire.com if you need Pro-level support, we noticed you found the support experience lacking.