GrowthZone Reviews

GrowthZone

Full association mgmt. with built-in Marketing Automation

4.43/5 (123 reviews)

Pros
  • I like the interfacing with email like Constant Contact and Outlook, and I like user friendly platform elements for maintaining memberships and displaying them online.Emily H.Read the full review
  • The other big benefit is in event tracking. The things that were once accomplished by spreadsheets are now integrated with calendars and social media and available through the Internet.Karl T.Read the full review
  • The price point is great and it actually works well for this. I love that I can email directly from the program.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • My experience only includes creating events that youth register online using MemberZone. I have not been aware of any complaints of the families that I work with.Esther H.Read the full review
  • I still don't totally understand why so many of our members have trouble accessing their member hub pages and aren't able to update outdated info on their own.Arlene B.Read the full review
  • We also like the fact that we do not have to sign long term contracts that would lock us into products that would become obsolete and fail to meet our needs.Lisa P.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kayla tabor

Great organization for my membership.

Reviewed 2018-05-14

Pros
Very easy to pull up members accounts, billing information, general contact information, and the reps information. Making membership mailing labels and membership reports is very easy with this software. I use this software to easily find any membership representative information I need. This software has also made it easy to look up and find a member.

Cons
The only con I have for this software would be the new update, i'm so used to the old version it'll take time to learn the updated.

Jodi Beckmann

So many great features, user-friendly and great customer service!

Reviewed 2019-08-06

GrowthZone has allowed us to automate our billing and then exports all financial data to Quick Books. Provides a very nice member area with a user forum. Also does a great job with set up and execution of our events.

Pros
That it provides all the tools we need on a daily basis and yet it is very user friendly.

Cons
Honestly, do not have a bad thing to say at this point.

Jessica McVey

Disappointed

Reviewed 2019-08-08

Extremely disappointing and frustrating.

Pros
I do like the dashboard feel, for keeping track of membership it has been better than what we were using before.

Cons
None of the features we thought were being sold actually work. From the sale, to implementation to actual use not of the features we were looking forward to using the most don't actually work or they are in "beta" testing. It feels like this is the old software solution that they have just coded on top of and made clunky instead of starting over from scratch to actually make an all in one software solution. At first we were really happy with it and then realized all of the issues and things that were not in fact actually usable features. Like discount codes, the way the blog integrates with the wordpress, not being able to get comments on our blog, no automatic email reminders for members who should be renewing, the list goes on.

Response from GrowthZone

Hi Jessica,
We apologize that our software did not satisfy your expectations. Our Customer Support Specialist will be giving you a call this week to discuss how we can make things right. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward earning back your trust.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Shala Bible

I love ChamberMaster/ GrowthZone

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Pros
I love our ChamberMaster software. Customer Support is fairly quick to respond to issues. They also try to roll out new features/ updates as often as possible. They do listen to their customers and try to provide the services we need, although some of it comes with an extra price tag. We already use the biggest package, so we do wish new features were automatically included with our package.

Cons
Sometimes I feel like I know the system better than some of the customer service reps. I always have to be very detailed when I have an issue. And a lot of times they reply back and tell me something that I already stated in the original email. I don't feel like they are very thorough when reading the emails we submit when we're having an issue.

Karl Terry

ChamberMaster GrowthZone

Reviewed 2019-08-06

It has allowed us to stay in contact with our members in a way that wasn't possible previously. The billing software is easy to use and learn. The other big benefit is in event tracking. The things that were once accomplished by spreadsheets are now integrated with calendars and social media and available through the Internet.

Pros
Ease of use and ease of training. Training is very simple and employees can continue to learn more through tutorials and webinars. Support has also been excellent with little down time despite the fact it is Internet based. It is flexible for me to be able to use my membership software and make updates from home or on the road. Having so much information about your members and multiple ways to contact and interact with them through the software has made a huge difference that has been noted by our members.

Cons
The website module saves time and allows us to keep our website content fresh. I wish it was a little more adaptable within the templates.

Emily Hunt

Great Management Software for Member-based Organizations

Reviewed 2019-08-13

Their online training sessions are very useful and the wiki has extensive, helpful information for when I want a quick answer without calling. Onboarding new employees has been super easy with the resources GrowthZone has provided.

Pros
Central location of data and links to financial transactions/recording. I like the interfacing with email like Constant Contact and Outlook, and I like user friendly platform elements for maintaining memberships and displaying them online.

Cons
The templates are very hard to use if you want to edit them, and there are a lot of features that are not customizable. I wish there were more integrations with Google and business websites not provided/hosted by GrowthZone.

HEATHER JARMAN

Overall a great product

Reviewed 2019-08-13

GrowthZone has streamlined our membership software. It has also made invoicing, billing, and event set up much easier. We used to have to mail all of our invoices, whereas now we can email-big cost savings. We have looked into the website version, but right now that appears to be pretty costly considering how much we already pay for our current software.

Pros
I like the fact that it is web based. Meaning multiple users can log in and handle our membership accounts. Events are all housed within the product as well as a directory.

Cons
I wish the customer service understood the nuances of the National Home Builders Association. I was used to having someone that understood how reporting works. Also, while Chambers and HBAs can be similar, they are very different organizations. GrowthZone seems to have a lot of knowledge in how Chambers run, but not as much for HBAs.

Tamara Coleman

Every Chamber of Commerce Should be Using GrowthZone/Chambermaster Software

Reviewed 2019-07-30

I have been employed in this position for 23 years and I firmly testify that moving to Chambermaster was one of the very best things we've ever done. It has made my job as Chamber Director 100 times easier. When contacted by sister chambers who are looking for improvement recommendations, my very first recommendation is always "invest in GrowthZone and Chambermaster"!

Pros
The ease and convenience of using this software are topnotch! The way in which it integrates with our website makes keeping our website up-to-date a breeze. The billing, member management, and reporting aspects make managing our chamber's day-to-day activities incredibly simple.

Cons
There are only minor recommendations for improving this software from time to time but with constant updates and improvements from the Growthzone team, I can be sure that any recommendations will be addressed and all efforts possible will be made to implement those improvements.

Michelle Fare

Continually getting better

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Overall we are very happy. Before using Chambermaster, we didn't have a database. We've saved SO MUCH time being able to automate invoices, schedule eblasts, and track member data.

Pros
Chambermaster is so specialized for our industry - the software is intuitive, and helps us be so much more efficient when working with our membership. They are always improving the software based on user feedback, which we love. We continue to have access to new features that make us more efficient and allow us to offer better benefits to our membership.

Cons
We have some data that we would like to track that is specific to our Chamber but haven't yet found a way to integrate that data into the reports that are offered.

Joanne Haight

GrowthZone does it all!

Reviewed 2019-08-06

My communication is logged directly into each member's profile which allows me to have a log of all activity and to set reminders for next steps. The website is full mobilized so I am able to access critical information wherever I am and the app gives me a quick access point when I am out of the office.

Pros
The program was in place when I arrived at Lakes Region Chamber (NH) in January 2016. As the Membership Manager, I utilize the program to track my new member prospects, communication with our nearly 500 members, share member marketing results and continue to grow and strengthen member relations.

Cons
I found the formatting of custom letters a bit time consuming and not as easy to use as the rest of the program. I attended a local day long training last year and that helped me to overcome any remaining issues.

Krisann Durnford

The Right Software for Our Needs

Reviewed 2019-07-30

This software has been beneficial in tracking attendance, registration details, sponsors, and necessary comments for our events. The newest updates make our sponsor lists look awesome! As a membership database, it is easy to navigate and track member engagement.

Pros
This software is versatile, allowing us to use it in a variety of tasks including marketing, data collection, event registration, member communications, and website integration. We specifically like the data collection and event registration because we can keep registrations, sponsors, and comments together.

Cons
We find the reporting module to be overwhelming--almost too versatile. There are more ways to come up with a report than we wish to explore. It would be easier if simplified. There are a few small items, such as not being able to delete a block of old events. Currently, past member events stack up in our calendar and must be deleted individually.

Debbie King

The Great, the good, the bad, and the time consumer

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Great. The customer service has improved greatly over the past couple of years, but the upgrades and interfaces many times come with standard features that are not member/sponsor friendly. We need to be able to showcase our sponsors and members as we want to and that usually comes in different forms and fashions.

Pros
The data capturing components and that it is not limited to the amount of data you input in all areas. I like the many features, the reporting, the statistics for the members and the interfacing with our website.

Cons
It is not graphic friendly. It does not allow for changes in all set up features of retrieving data such as the e referral component. You should be able to choose and customize the data you send to your members - consistency isn't always king. Many times members and consumers asking for different information from each member.

Lisa Proctor

Memberzone works well for Business Associations

Reviewed 2017-02-20

We have been using Memberzone for the last 4 years and have found they offer products that grow as our organization has grown. We are able to pick the modules that meet our business needs. We also like the fact that we do not have to sign long term contracts that would lock us into products that would become obsolete and fail to meet our needs. We appreciate the fact that they are continuing to improve the tools based on customer feedback and needs as well.

Pros
Pros of the software include the customer support. Since we are an all volunteer organization, training, knowledge transfer and stability of the system are important to us.

Cons
Cons of the software are I would like some additional user levels for the administration staff so we can easily track what volunteers to and better protect our data from lower level volunteers

Cynthia Schneider

Best Toolbox for Membership Organizations

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Overall the software has been effective and provides efficient communications and management for our staff.

Pros
From hosting our website, management of our customized membership database, communication tools, event management, integrated payment process functions, and real time change functions for our staff and members, Chambermaster is an efficient and powerful customer service tool for our membership organization.

Cons
The need and cost to update our website is currently a concern.

Vilija Jozaitis

MemberZone has been an Asset so far! Great Customer Service

Reviewed 2017-04-12

We switched over our database and website management platform from another company who just wasn't cutting it, and MZ's customer service is probably the best I've seen anywhere. They're polite, intelligent, and easy to work with. They answered all of our questions quickly and are always making suggestions for ways in which their system is limited. The database could use an update... it's not always easy to find what you need and may not be perfect, but they do make continuous updates. The website portion is pretty good, and we've gotten very positive feedback from our members. The price is reasonable for what you get. We've heard they came out with a more user-friendly platform, so hopefully we'll check that out at some point. We love their chat system, and they also communicate via email and phone so you have options!

Pros
The wide range of features and the ease of making updates to the website.

Cons
Certain limitations to the features, like a better method of organizing sub companies and reps in different company locations

Luanne Newman

Exactly What Associations and Chambers Need

Excellent!

Pros
I have used this software for 15 years and have found it to be critical in the running of our chamber. We were an early adopter, number 95 who signed up. (a previous chamber). I appreciate the ongoing changes and upgrades they have made available to all because other associations asked for more features. Their customer service is quick and thorough and they respond via phone or email. I would recommend this to any chamber or similar association who needs to track their members and events with connectivity.

Cons
Nothing - it is a strong software that we use all day, every day

Marie Cinti

Robust MemberZone Package Makes Chamber Management a Breeze

Reviewed 2017-04-13

We've been using MemberZone for our business chamber for a few years now, and we have thoroughly enjoyed this package. We are a growing organization and the software really helps us stay on top of things. We especially like the thorough customer service and the different ways of getting assistance when we need it. Training and help services are outstanding! The content management system is relatively easy to navigate. We would highly recommend MemberZone to other chambers or business associations.

Pros
Great customer support. Terrific flow between content management and database. Unlimited cloud storage.

Cons
I would like a more robust search engine and ability to filter search criteria. There is some need for a more advanced editor.

Lisa Workman

ChambeMaster does it all!

Reviewed 2019-07-30

We were tired of using multiple software platforms to achieve our goals. We had one for our website, one for billing, one for communications, one for CRM (customer relationship management) and one for events. We're able to do it ALL with ChamberMaster (GrowthZone). It's affordable and intuitive. I honestly don't know where we'd be without it. It's also a great place to keep all the information we use regularly and makes sharing simple!

Pros
We love how easy CM is to work worth and how they are continually adding new features as requested by users. We use many but not all features!

Cons
Sometimes it crashes, but not very often.

Julie Watson

MemberZone Function & Use Review

Reviewed 2017-04-24

I mostly use the program to manage our membership and representative directory, calendar events and registration, receive online payments. I like the calendar and online registration feature. I am learning to use the mailing/group lists, but wish it was a little more intuitive. I would like to have the option to add representatives by their titles or by a specific field. The customer service is great! They are very knowledgeable and quick to respond. Thanks!

Pros
Calendar, events registration, online payment option, directory, low maintenance database (MemberZone takes care of all the maintenance, yea!)

Cons
Not at intuitive for group/mailing lists. I would like a little more options for customizing fields.

Everal Eaton

ChamberMaster review

Reviewed 2019-07-30

It has been great. Anytime we have had a problem, customer service has been great in responding to it.

Pros
Very easy to use with information laid out clearly. Love the MIC for our members. That has really taken off in usage over the past year.

Cons
As chambers and associations are transitioning more and more to a tiered dues model, I think benefit tracking will become more vital. I'm looking forward to the benefits module releasing on the GrowthZone ChamberMaster Edition, but as the software stands now, it is the hardest thing for me to stay on top of.

Kenzee Cann

Two Thumbs UP From our company

Reviewed 2019-07-30

GrowthZone has been such an amazing software for us and so many other HBA's in the state of Texas. Their it support is out of this world fast, and they even provide training videos for just about everything as well.

Pros
We love how this program replaced many other programs that we used for membership retention and communication.

Cons
There is nothing I dislike about this software. And if there was it has been fixed.

Jacquelyn Dunn

Best Ever!

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Overall I think it is fantastic. I use it daily as the in-house bookkeeper. I would totally recommend GrowthZone to others. It was so easy to learn, and the customer service and support team is phenomenal!

Pros
I love how easy it is to use, as well as the customer service! Everyone is pleasant, prompt and so helpful!

Cons
One thing from a billing stand point is that I wish we could have an option to pay a single invoice monthly automatically rather than have separate monthly invoices!

Karen Kehlenbach

Great product at great value

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Pros
The great support, on-going, professional, always there to address your questions and very interested in your feedback and experience. Good value.

Cons
The communications functions could be better - do not use communications as much as I would like since so many emails are not received. Also, does not provide for ability to re-send an email.

Debbie Kirkland

Can not imagine NOT using ChamberMaster

Reviewed 2019-07-31

I came into my position with our Chamber just a few years after they had purchased ChamberMaster. They were still in a learning phase so I felt as if I was on the ground floor with this program. I was lucky enough to attend a day long training several years ago to get hands on education in how to use the many different areas. That was a great experience!

Pros
It is so easy to add and keep track of members, to connect them into our events and track their participation. It is an amazing product in my opinion.

Cons
Would like for the email function to be a bit more adaptable, particularly signature blocks.

Beatrice Owen

Meets the needs of our members

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Overall, our experience has been quite good. The support is fairly quick and helpful. The transition to our new website was so easy, bordered on painless.

Pros
GrowthZone does a very good job of meeting the needs of our members. The members can register for events, update their listing on our website, and find valuable information in the member profile. These ensure value for our members - a benefit we can highlight.

Cons
The software does not offer as robust a database as I would like. We do have some work-arounds to ensure that we capture needed data.