All categories

visit website

GrowthZone Reviews

Emily H.

Read the full review
As a new employee for a small association, Memberzone has has proven a great resource time and time again. The support system is brilliant and you really get your moneys worth from their team.

Daniel J.

Val D.

Read the full review

Cons

Emails get flagged as spam when I send to members thru ChamberMaster. I am unable to export email to outlook so my members get my communications.

Karen B.

Read the full review
I still don't totally understand why so many of our members have trouble accessing their member hub pages and aren't able to update outdated info on their own.

Arlene B.

Krisann D.

Read the full review

Great organization for my membership.

Pros

Very easy to pull up members accounts, billing information, general contact information, and the reps information. Making membership mailing labels and membership reports is very easy with this software. I use this software to easily find any membership representative information I need. This software has also made it easy to look up and find a member.

Cons

The only con I have for this software would be the new update, i'm so used to the old version it'll take time to learn the updated.

Great service and scalable

We switched from another platform because the user experience wasn't what it needed to be to make us competitive. We also believe GrowthZone will help us grow for many years. We also like the variable rate payment option, particularly in our early years.

Pros

We use the Events, Web Content (blogs), and Lists (contact manager) all the time. They're easy to use and produce a great-looking member experience. As we grow, we'll use more of the Reports to track engagement and renewals. The website editor is also great for designing something professional and for ease of editing. The support service is great. We always get an answer within a day.

Cons

The accounting menus could be simplified. The Boolean operators in list creation don't work consistently.

Could be great with a little work

We chose GZ because it offered us the ability to use the same company for website development and hosting and AMS system ensuring compatibility. We are very happy with the look and feel of our website and the CMS used to manage it. Our migration to GZ for the AMS side was rocky at best. Our project manager had never gone through a detailed conversion before. While she was very service oriented and nice to work with, her inexperience caused many issues. We like GZ's ability to give a good view of member activity. I like that when I am on the phone with a member, I can see their engagement, make notes, and create follow up task items. G

Pros

The user interface, look, and feel of the back end. Also like the ability to integrate with the company website to create a good member only user experience. It also has a pretty good project management system, though it desperately needs push notifications via email. The only notification it provides is a badge count on the top menu of the software. So if you are disciplined to check there, the PM works well. GZ also has a certification/continuing education component which we find valuable.

Cons

Customer support needs work. GZ is very slow to respond to issues. Many times entered tickets are not responded to (first response) for 3 or more days (I am not counting the automated message generated that the ticket was received and someone would review). And, when the "front line" or 1st level support team reaches out, frequently they aren't completely familiar with the ins and outs of the software,...

GrowthZone is a Game Changer

I think our entire team has been extremely please with our entire experience. The customer support and attention to what customers want and implementing just that is fantastic. There's a few features that we'd love to see some improvements in (communications, reporting, and marketing automation).

Pros

The overall integration is fantastic and we love the customer support and the ability for us to submit an idea for improvement and for it to more often that not be put into development or rolled out fairly soon after.

Cons

There are a few newer features that just need a bit more development, mainly revolving around communication analytics. We'd love to use GrowthZone exclusively for our communications, but they just don't have the analytical reports we need. Right now we use Constant Contact, which GrowthZone has a great syncing feature with.

Good Value, Easy to Use

Customer service is excellent! When I submit a question, I have never waited longer than an hour for a response.

Pros

When I started 3+ years ago, I was happy to be able to take online training to help me learn the features and benefits of using this software. I keep looking for new training to help me succeed!

Great software Great adaptability

My overall experience has been overwhelmingly positive. If we weren't able to have the staff help create a viable platform to reach our customer base it would have been very difficult to get our foundation out in the publics' eye.

Pros

What i like most about GrowthZone software is the customization. Even though we are an outlier when it came to overall usability, the staff was able to help our Foundation create a webpage and have controls that made it easier to use and navigate as compared to our previous site.

Cons

What I don't like about GrowthZone software is the complexity of some of the controls. Some controls have too many sub-levels that you have to click on to do a simple task

So many great features, user-friendly and great customer service!

GrowthZone has allowed us to automate our billing and then exports all financial data to Quick Books. Provides a very nice member area with a user forum. Also does a great job with set up and execution of our events.

Pros

That it provides all the tools we need on a daily basis and yet it is very user friendly.

Cons

Honestly, do not have a bad thing to say at this point.

The Biggest Strength of Growth Zone

My overall experience with GZ gas been terrific! Again, their customer service team and their wiki are superb. They helped me onboard myself to a new position as the pandemic occurred shortly after my employment started. They took the time to answer each and every entry level question and helped me build confidence in my processing in GZ. They never make you feel like a question is dumb and you should...

Pros

The best feature of Growth Zone is actually (in my opinion) their Customer Support Team! I have been in the nonprofit association arena for 20+ years and have worked in all the big CRM's (Personify, iMIS, Abilia) and GZ has by far the BEST support staff I have ever encountered. In addition, GZ offers a Wiki that is superb! If you do your due diligence by using their training modules, reviewing their Wiki, and chatting with their staff you will golden. Is this system perfect - no but then again no CRM is perfect. Each CRM has their own kinks and quarks. Learning the platform by doing your part will help in forumulating your question or issue in the right manner to the team for help.

Cons

A feature that could use some work is the reporting feature. In the association arena we look at membership from a black and white perspective. When did they join and when do they renew. We base a lot of our projections, marketing, financial reporting and invoicing off this basic statement. I find the reporting could be a bit easier to use. They continue to work on their reporting and expanding...

Can't wait to see the growth

Overall, as one of the first associations to use this program. I think it is great and has only gotten better with time and updates. I really like the time saving features this AMS has brought to our board. Initially it was a struggle for us to adopt but in over a year and a half of using GZ - It is clear I would never want to change systems.

Pros

I like the email designer and the landing page creator. It has seen many updates and I can't wait to see where it goes - I've liked all the changes so far and it makes my job easier and helps me avoid unnecessary 3rd party sources when possible. I also really think the event pages are great and it makes it easier for us to promote our classes/events.

Cons

I would say the forms - There seems to be a disconnect in some places when I am creating or editing our membership applications or surveys. There is a lot of different tabs I have to open to find what I want and sometimes the option to edit certain items seem to be completely lost to me. I like to think I'm relatively good figuring things out on a computer with a Marketing and CS degree but this...

GrowthZone Review

GrowthZone has amazing customer service, who is always willing to answer questions and provide training materials. It's not the most modern software, but it's a place to organize all your company's functions.

Pros

I like that GrowthZone is the hub for the majority of our organization's functions. Keeping everything in one place makes it easier to manage, organize, and train.

Cons

The design seems outdated. Especially when directing our clients to the ChamberMaster Member Center, I wish there was a sleeker, more modern look. We also have not integrated our billing systems and manually updating everything so that the software communicates with other programs is a pain.

Why GrowthZone is my perfect parnter

GrowthZone allows me to communicate effortlessly with my members, staff, and the public. It covers project planning that the whole team can stay on track. We can offer our advertisers great looking reports on the performance of their ads. We can easily track data to make informed decisions. We can quickly get answers for our Board through the reports function as well and the dashboard let's us know exactly where we are and what we need to focus on in the next quarter.

Pros

Capacity is key in any business. If a business does not have the capacity to fulfill its mission, it dies. Operating a small, rural chamber with big goals and a staff of 4 to manage 470 members without GrowthZone would be a nightmare. From the internal management to the member benefits, GrowthZone allows us to stand out in our community as their advocate and partner in growing their business. The customer service and technical service is above the bar in knowledge and attentiveness. They allow us a to operate at a more professional and top-tier level than other member-based organizations without this service.

Cons

There are only a few cons which pertain to technical features for the back-of-the-house users such as not being able to preview blog posts prior to publishing and having different banner size options for our sponsors.

I love ChamberMaster/ GrowthZone

Pros

I love our ChamberMaster software. Customer Support is fairly quick to respond to issues. They also try to roll out new features/ updates as often as possible. They do listen to their customers and try to provide the services we need, although some of it comes with an extra price tag. We already use the biggest package, so we do wish new features were automatically included with our package.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like I know the system better than some of the customer service reps. I always have to be very detailed when I have an issue. And a lot of times they reply back and tell me something that I already stated in the original email. I don't feel like they are very thorough when reading the emails we submit when we're having an issue.

My Happy Experience

My overall experience with this software has been better than I could have imagined. It is a continue learning process.

Pros

I've used ChamberMaster for years and the continue upgrades and how they listen to their customers is one reason I continue to recommend them to our Board and other Chambers. The Support team not only knows the software, they are patient and kind when I've called them. It is user friendly and I can edit, correct or change the website myself without having to call, email, or make a ticket for everything. When I do make a ticket or call, they are quick to reply and correct the issues.

Cons

I really cannot say I dislike anything. Just this last couple of weeks, I've learned something new. The event tab has been wonderful and I learned how to improve it but with that improvement I also learned that it changes other areas in the software that I was not aware of until I was using it. It worked out, it just made more steps to complete my task.

Growthzone Management System Has It All!

GrowthZone has enabled our organization to effectively manage our database, reporting, event registration, accounting and website. The system is extremely user-friendly for both management and users.

Pros

Switching from one system to another is never easy, but GrowthZone made it a smooth transition, from decision to launch! The entire process took us about 9 months to design and implement both a management system as well as website. All tools are easy to use and reporting is effortless! I appreciate that GZ takes user recommendations into consideration (voting process) and offer ongoing development! GZ customer support is fantastic!

Cons

GZ has great report templates, but sometimes I need to report on something not available. I wish we could create our own queries/reports without needing GZ to do this for us. I wish GrowthZone would integrate directly with QuickBooks. To continue utilizing this accounting software, it requires manually updating QB with deposit summaries vs. automatic batches.

ChamberMaster GrowthZone

It has allowed us to stay in contact with our members in a way that wasn't possible previously. The billing software is easy to use and learn. The other big benefit is in event tracking. The things that were once accomplished by spreadsheets are now integrated with calendars and social media and available through the Internet.

Pros

Ease of use and ease of training. Training is very simple and employees can continue to learn more through tutorials and webinars. Support has also been excellent with little down time despite the fact it is Internet based. It is flexible for me to be able to use my membership software and make updates from home or on the road. Having so much information about your members and multiple ways to contact and interact with them through the software has made a huge difference that has been noted by our members.

Cons

The website module saves time and allows us to keep our website content fresh. I wish it was a little more adaptable within the templates.

Great Features and overall functionality

Mostly pretty good. The conversion has settled down, and we are working through cleanup. We wish we had a basic manual from GrowthZone, not just a video how-to. A manual, perhaps in Word, where we can add in the details that are specific to us is vital. Without it, we are having to complete each part of a manual a little at a time.

Pros

The fully functioning connectivity for our members, record keeping for all members in one place, and the website's integration. Every day we discover a new feature we didn't know about that makes us happy. The most recent is the integration with ZOOM and events/classes.

Cons

The things that don't work for no apparent reason. We have clearly tied members to a firm, yet they don't show up in that firm's list. Programmers have had to fix some, but we never hear why it happens. Some of the accounting takes quite a bit to track down. The conversion process left a lot for us to do without clear direction. GrowthZone should take the lead all the way through instead of us getting basic instruction and then asking questions as we go.

The Software that Streamlined my Business

GrowthZone has drastically improved our productivity by streamlining our contact management, membership information and renewals, and events. Gone are our multiple spreadsheets of information and wasting time trying to hunt down information! Now it's all neatly in GrowthZone!

Pros

Before signing up with GrowthZone, we have several spreadsheets going for contact management, membership tracking, events and volunteers. Trying to coordinate and update each item took exorbitant amounts of time and allowed for far too many mistakes. Since we've been utilizing GrowthZone, productivity has been dramatically increased. We all have access to the same information whether we're in the...

Cons

The only thing that I can see as a con is also really a pro as well. -This software does SO MUCH it can be hard to process and retain it all.

Great Management Software for Member-based Organizations

Their online training sessions are very useful and the wiki has extensive, helpful information for when I want a quick answer without calling. Onboarding new employees has been super easy with the resources GrowthZone has provided.

Pros

Central location of data and links to financial transactions/recording. I like the interfacing with email like Constant Contact and Outlook, and I like user friendly platform elements for maintaining memberships and displaying them online.

Cons

The templates are very hard to use if you want to edit them, and there are a lot of features that are not customizable. I wish there were more integrations with Google and business websites not provided/hosted by GrowthZone.

Overall a great product

GrowthZone has streamlined our membership software. It has also made invoicing, billing, and event set up much easier. We used to have to mail all of our invoices, whereas now we can email-big cost savings. We have looked into the website version, but right now that appears to be pretty costly considering how much we already pay for our current software.

Pros

I like the fact that it is web based. Meaning multiple users can log in and handle our membership accounts. Events are all housed within the product as well as a directory.

Cons

I wish the customer service understood the nuances of the National Home Builders Association. I was used to having someone that understood how reporting works. Also, while Chambers and HBAs can be similar, they are very different organizations. GrowthZone seems to have a lot of knowledge in how Chambers run, but not as much for HBAs.

The Right Software for Our Needs

This software has been beneficial in tracking attendance, registration details, sponsors, and necessary comments for our events. The newest updates make our sponsor lists look awesome! As a membership database, it is easy to navigate and track member engagement.

Pros

This software is versatile, allowing us to use it in a variety of tasks including marketing, data collection, event registration, member communications, and website integration. We specifically like the data collection and event registration because we can keep registrations, sponsors, and comments together.

Cons

We find the reporting module to be overwhelming--almost too versatile. There are more ways to come up with a report than we wish to explore. It would be easier if simplified. There are a few small items, such as not being able to delete a block of old events. Currently, past member events stack up in our calendar and must be deleted individually.

The Great, the good, the bad, and the time consumer

Great. The customer service has improved greatly over the past couple of years, but the upgrades and interfaces many times come with standard features that are not member/sponsor friendly. We need to be able to showcase our sponsors and members as we want to and that usually comes in different forms and fashions.

Pros

The data capturing components and that it is not limited to the amount of data you input in all areas. I like the many features, the reporting, the statistics for the members and the interfacing with our website.

Cons

It is not graphic friendly. It does not allow for changes in all set up features of retrieving data such as the e referral component. You should be able to choose and customize the data you send to your members - consistency isn't always king. Many times members and consumers asking for different information from each member.

Continually getting better

Overall we are very happy. Before using Chambermaster, we didn't have a database. We've saved SO MUCH time being able to automate invoices, schedule eblasts, and track member data.

Pros

Chambermaster is so specialized for our industry - the software is intuitive, and helps us be so much more efficient when working with our membership. They are always improving the software based on user feedback, which we love. We continue to have access to new features that make us more efficient and allow us to offer better benefits to our membership.

Cons

We have some data that we would like to track that is specific to our Chamber but haven't yet found a way to integrate that data into the reports that are offered.

User-friendly member management system

Excellent experience to date - great customer assistance and training modules. Still learning and loving the program.

Pros

The database is easy to navigate, member profiles are clear with the ability to add a lot of information, performing tasks within the database is easy. When we were in the set-up process, customizations were easily configured and GrowthZone / ChamberMaster customer assistance team were great to work with.

Cons

There are lots of reports to choose from, but reporting direct from a Member profile would be a great option.

Newer GrowthZone User

Before GrowthZone, we did not have any customer management system so this is most helpful. We now have a place for every contact and are learning new ways to use the system frequently. The customer service is excellent and so are the teams that help get you up and running. Can't leave out the designers and people that work in the background because they make it happen. Overall very satisfied with GrowthZone. Thank you all!

Pros

My most favorite things about this software: There are so many things you can do with it. It is fairly user-friendly and if you need help, the GrowthZone team is just a online chat, phone call, or email away. I also love that they are always open to suggestions to make their product better/more user friendly. They have a dedicated space where you can make suggestions and see that they are really being read, responded to, and some of them are even put into action.

Cons

There is a lot to learn and mastery seems a while away. With that said, I believe any new software purchased takes time to learn, adjust to and master.

Memberzone works well for Business Associations

We have been using Memberzone for the last 4 years and have found they offer products that grow as our organization has grown. We are able to pick the modules that meet our business needs. We also like the fact that we do not have to sign long term contracts that would lock us into products that would become obsolete and fail to meet our needs. We appreciate the fact that they are continuing to improve the tools based on customer feedback and needs as well.

Pros

Pros of the software include the customer support. Since we are an all volunteer organization, training, knowledge transfer and stability of the system are important to us.

Cons

Cons of the software are I would like some additional user levels for the administration staff so we can easily track what volunteers to and better protect our data from lower level volunteers

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.