GrowthZone Logo
GrowthZone

Association mgmt software w/ built-in Marketing Automation.

visit website

GrowthZone Reviews

4.4

How would you rate GrowthZone?

Pros

When I started 3+ years ago, I was happy to be able to take online training to help me learn the features and benefits of using this software. I keep looking for new training to help me succeed.

KB

Karen B.

I think our entire team has been extremely please with our entire experience. The customer support and attention to what customers want and implementing just that is fantastic.

MS

Mandy S.

We moved from an enterprise based software system to MemberZone and it was easy to do. More cost effective and the communication was great between us and the team.

CI

Cortney I.

Cons

Emails get flagged as spam when I send to members thru ChamberMaster. I am unable to export email to outlook so my members get my communications.

KB

Karen B.

I can't think of any part of the software that I dislike.

Meighan A. H.

This software does SO MUCH it can be hard to process and retain it all.

RS

Rachel S.

Can not imagine NOT using ChamberMaster

I came into my position with our Chamber just a few years after they had purchased ChamberMaster. They were still in a learning phase so I felt as if I was on the ground floor with this program. I was lucky enough to attend a day long training several years ago to get hands on education in how to use the many different areas. That was a great experience!

Pros

It is so easy to add and keep track of members, to connect them into our events and track their participation. It is an amazing product in my opinion.

Cons

Would like for the email function to be a bit more adaptable, particularly signature blocks.

Meets the needs of our members

Overall, our experience has been quite good. The support is fairly quick and helpful. The transition to our new website was so easy, bordered on painless.

Pros

GrowthZone does a very good job of meeting the needs of our members. The members can register for events, update their listing on our website, and find valuable information in the member profile. These ensure value for our members - a benefit we can highlight.

Cons

The software does not offer as robust a database as I would like. We do have some work-arounds to ensure that we capture needed data.

Growth Zone simply works

Pros

Growth Zone knows and understands the users needs. The staff here needs to get things done and this database makes that easier by providing simple instructions and specific help when needed. The uptime for the cloud based system is surprisingly good.

Cons

One area that could be improved is the ability to customize reports. While it is available, the interface to get what you need is clunky. They are great at how to get the data into the system - it's complicated to get the data out in a format that is relevant.

Best membership software out there!

When I first joined our organization, we used spread sheets to track all of our members and events. It took some coaxing, but I was finally able to convince our board to invest in membership software...and I am so thankful they said yes! Memberzone has been a God send! Not only does the system make my daily tasks and communication with members much easier, it gives us a totally professional appearance! I can't say enough about how great this system has been for our organization. It's like having another employee and the customer service is the best! If you aren't using this software, you are working too hard!

Pros

It makes my life so much easier! It's like having another employee

Cons

It doesn't integrate that well with quickbooks. It's very time consuming transferring between the 2 programs and as much as I love it, it's not cheap.

Small Non Profit still searching for the right software...

Every time I've called their customer service, I've been helped thru the problem that I'm trying to deal with, but sometimes I've been handed over thru several different people on just one phone call. It's very time consuming so mostly I don't bother calling with questions unless I'm desperate. The online video tutorials are not very helpful for specific questions or problems. It's buggy. I still don't totally understand why so many of our members have trouble accessing their member hub pages and aren't able to update outdated info on their own.

Pros

Helps us track our 3 levels of membership and collect dues. We've had some success enrolling members into workshops with the option to pay online.

Cons

Where to begin...Back end is not at all intuitive with lists and committees that need to be populated in a separate setup in order to be functional. We tried using their "event management" to sell and track ticket sales to a festival, which is our number one fundraiser for our non-profit of the year. It was near disastrous because GZ assumes your event is a business conference. We sold 2,000 tickets...

We are sorry about your frustrations and challenges. We hope you will take us up on our previous requests to schedule a 1-to-1 database readiness and review session, as most of the issues you list here can be easily resolved.

A tool to manage membership with a couple flaws

Pros

It is fairly easy to understand Transition to software was seemless Functions are available to do great things Fairly affordable

Cons

Does not come with any live training, online webcasts are difficult to watch then try to use Does not integrate as well as I would like with quickbooks Reduction in service limits its usage

Hello Cyndi. Thank you for your review. As a point of clarification, we do have live training workshops and in-personal regional training for GrowthZone users. The full training schedule and registration information is on our website.

BIAWC Growth Zone

Very good

Pros

Growthzone is much easier to use than our former product. Many local Associations in our area are using a version of Growthzone so there were a number of users who could give us good feed back in the purchasing process

Cons

importing our data from Wild Apricot was not as smooth as it could have been but I blame Wild Apricot.

Great Intergration

Growth zone has given our Chamber the product to be streamlined and efficient. I love the ability to control and update our website so easily! Credit card procesing is clean, easy to use, and provides a smooth transaction as well as easy of paperwork.

Pros

Love the new features popping up all the time, constantly keeping up with the demand of society. The intgration of this product with our Chamber website and credit card processing has made office work run smoothly.

Cons

I don't have any cons after unisng this software for over 5 years.

The beginnings of a database

Don't know what we would do without the support. Overever we always are concerned about the monthly charges which our BOD always questions. We use support for questions that we need answered immediately to finish a setup, event or project and rarely take or have the time to really learn best practices for the next time or for newer employees to try.

Pros

Keeps membership records, member usage, tranfers to website, accounting of member participation. Tracking email correspondences. Software has been used for years - with various employees, we need the time and personnel and education to improve our database - remove old old event information and correct membership records.

Cons

Need a better way to use GrowthZone when at events. No longer use or trust the payment processing and still need to use other software. Website setup has little flexibility and is time consuming - not easy to use or change. Struggling to transfer accounting into Quickbooks 2021. Lots of issues which I am told are from Quickbooks. No helpful - have you ever tried to get an answer from QB? Life is too short! need CM to help and be able to know the accounting software better...

Worth the time to research for your company

I appreciate the ease of RSVP setups for events.

Pros

I appreciate the time and efforts the GrowthZone team puts into each of their customers. They are willing to listen to your needs and if possible make the adjustments.

Cons

We house a state society of 3,000 members, it is easy to have duplicate accounts for our members.

GrowthZone

It has some versatility! It functions well and does what we need it to.

Pros

We use it as a CRM, we are not a chamber. The price point is great and it actually works well for this. I love that I can email directly from the program. It keeps track of my emails and lets me set reminders. The reporting is pretty good too.

Cons

It can take a while for the customer service to return and resolve emails. I can't call in either for help.

Thanks for your feedback and review. For the record we do have live support via phone or chat. Both of these channels would be faster than email. Our company is built around our heart for great service and keeping our customers happy. Thanks!

ChamberMaster is a game changer

It's been a big deal for our small Chamber of Commerce to have such a robust software platform to manage all our events, memberships and activities. We've contacted customer support so many times - and each time they have been very responsive to our needs.

Pros

Integration with website management of data, events, and revenue in one platform member communications abilities Customer support

Cons

Project management functionality is not good

Friendly staff and they help out when they can

Overall experience is good. The program is nice and I feel like it has more to offer but I don't understand r don't know where to access all the information

Pros

Very nice to work with. We only have very few issues with the program, but that could be user error as well. The Website option is the only part we struggle with

Cons

Website is hard to function, we have trouble moving stuff around and I wish there was an undo button

Couldn't imagine Chamber life without Growthzone

It's been super to use and customer service has always been prompt and so very helpful

Pros

I like the ability to coordinate events, payments and membership in one place. Organizational management has increased due to the ease of all information in one place.

Cons

I would like to be able to invoice for someone that is not a member and that I don't have to add as a membership with address and all info.

An AMS that Meets all your Needs

I have nothing but positive experiences with Growthzone from my interaction with sales, to onboarding and then continued support with the support team. They are very responsive and keep an open mind to user recommendations.

Pros

The program is very appealing to the eye. Its user interface is very user friendly. The modules available provide tools to make our association run efficient and effectively.

Cons

Nothing! I love it all. I can't think of any part of the software that I dislike.

Growthzone

We use to track new members, payments and for all of our events.

Pros

It is easy to move around in the member account or move back and forth in the program

Cons

Event Guest List - I have to remember what event I am in to print out the list. Some include everyone invited and some only list the people that have been added.

Ease of Handling Chamber Memberships

It is a great product. Always willing to listen to what the users suggest and implementing changes to enhance the experience.

Pros

Accessing the Members information , ease of invoicing & variety of functions that are available.

Cons

It is not as easy for a Non-Member to use for events during registration.

Growth is excellent association management software!

We moved to GrowthZone from another Membership system, and could not have been happier. The migration of the front and back end info was seamless, the support is excellent - especially the chat functions. I am easily able to navigate and learn more about the backend without being a developer of any kind. It is easy for users and the front end is so nice for Members!

Pros

I liked the abundance of features that we are able to offer to the membership - from dynamic profiles, to group emailing, to social media feeds. Our Members gained a whole bunch when we moved to GrowthZone (formerly MemberZone)

Cons

I did not like that I could not fix Member's profile addresses myself. If they had a company name change, the old name showed up in the profile address unless fixed by their support. That should be something a back end user can fix easily.

Good option for my small Chamber.

Pros

I specifically like the coordination between the database and website. I also really like the new email designer. It saves me time, looks modern and professional. I was not part of the integration process.

Cons

The lack of compatibility with Quickbooks. Changing/using/finding template letters, form letters, template emails, etc. is confusing.

Chamber Master

Overall my experience has been positive. The ease of use is perfect for small and large Chambers.

Pros

Chambermaster is an industry must-have! Everything you need to run a Chamber of Commerce is available to you with this product. It is easy to learn and provides customizable options for your individual needs.

Cons

The newsletter feature. I wish there were more editing capabilities. Templates are great, but being able to start from scratch and create your own design would be amazing.

Growth Zone Review

Easy to use and supports all that we need as a small Chamber

Pros

Our Chamber loves all that is offered. It makes our tasks much easier. Being a one person office I am always looking for quick easy use and reports I have that with Growth Zone. Their support is excellent.

Cons

I has many features we don't use such as downloading financials.

A "Must Have" for Associations

Our Members can now go to our website and pay their dues, update their information and even link with other Members.

Pros

Growth Zone links together every aspect of our Association. Makes billing easy and can even update our website right thru Growth Zone.

Cons

Growth Zone does a lot of things, so the learning curve can be a little long. But there is plenty of support, both live and on-line videos and documents.

Excellent software for membership organizations

its great for what we need

Pros

The membership management aspects from events to daily correspondence are excellent

Cons

It used to be easy to integrate with quickbooks accounting software by just pushing a button it would sync they've changed the process and its twice as much work and double entry which we have to do.

First Year with GZ

I have found a couple of support staff to be very helpful. Thought GZ would be more efficient for me. This is not the case. I have not started using the event management and reservation system yet. I just have not had the time to delve into it. Just not sure it will be efficient for me. When we do start have registrations online, I will be doing double entry for all income. this is not efficient.

Pros

- Like the event and calendar feature - Business Directory looks nice, but adjustments need to be made so all of our members can be found

Cons

- Invoices do not show the total of the invoice and then the payment plan amount (what is the total outstanding income?) - Have to do double entry of payments into QB so I can still have Balance Reports and Profit-Loss Reports for our Board and Tax Accountant - GZ is cumbersome and not user friendly - mistakes happen or changes need to be made, and it should be easy to fix them. This is not the case with GZ. - There is more than one way to do things. The GZ way may work for the majority of Chambers you work with, but not all of us. Flexibility would be nice. - Double entry of all contacts for our memberships. I use Outlook for all of my correspondence with members, vendors, partners and the community. To have two different places to keep track of changes is not efficient.

MemberZone for ASA Northwest

ASA Northwest would highly recommend MemberZone to anyone that is looking for a high quality Total Customer Management System. The customer service with MemberZone is outstanding, they are always there to help you with anything!

Pros

The ease of use and having our members be able to interact with each other; having our members able to see their current due structure and what invoices may be left open.