GrowthZone Logo

Association mgmt software w/ built-in Marketing Automation.

GrowthZone Reviews

Suggested alternatives

memberclicks
memberleap
wild-apricot

When I started 3+ years ago, I was happy to be able to take online training to help me learn the features and benefits of using this software. I keep looking for new training to help me succeed.
I think our entire team has been extremely please with our entire experience. The customer support and attention to what customers want and implementing just that is fantastic.
We moved from an enterprise based software system to MemberZone and it was easy to do. More cost effective and the communication was great between us and the team.
Emails get flagged as spam when I send to members thru ChamberMaster. I am unable to export email to outlook so my members get my communications.
I can't think of any part of the software that I dislike.
This software does SO MUCH it can be hard to process and retain it all.

SC

Susan C.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

GrowthZone Works

Pros

GrowthZone is so much better than the last management system we had to offer. We love it!

Cons

We wish the integration with Quickbooks was better. We have more duplication of work in our accounting department.

TW

Tina W.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Why GrowthZone is my perfect parnter

GrowthZone allows me to communicate effortlessly with my members, staff, and the public. It covers project planning that the whole team can stay on track. We can offer our advertisers great looking reports on the performance of their ads. We can easily track data to make informed decisions. We can quickly get answers for our Board through the reports function as well and the dashboard let's us know exactly where we are and what we need to focus on in the next quarter.

Pros

Capacity is key in any business. If a business does not have the capacity to fulfill its mission, it dies. Operating a small, rural chamber with big goals and a staff of 4 to manage 470 members without GrowthZone would be a nightmare. From the internal management to the member benefits, GrowthZone allows us to stand out in our community as their advocate and partner in growing their business. The customer service and technical service is above the bar in knowledge and attentiveness. They allow us a to operate at a more professional and top-tier level than other member-based organizations without this service.

Cons

There are only a few cons which pertain to technical features for the back-of-the-house users such as not being able to preview blog posts prior to publishing and having different banner size options for our sponsors.

AB

Arlene B.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Small Non Profit still searching for the right software...

Every time I've called their customer service, I've been helped thru the problem that I'm trying to deal with, but sometimes I've been handed over thru several different people on just one phone call. It's very time consuming so mostly I don't bother calling with questions unless I'm desperate. The online video tutorials are not very helpful for specific questions or problems. It's buggy. I still don't totally understand why so many of our members have trouble accessing their member hub pages and aren't able to update outdated info on their own.

Pros

Helps us track our 3 levels of membership and collect dues. We've had some success enrolling members into workshops with the option to pay online.

Cons

Where to begin...Back end is not at all intuitive with lists and committees that need to be populated in a separate setup in order to be functional. We tried using their "event management" to sell and track ticket sales to a festival, which is our number one fundraiser for our non-profit of the year. It was near disastrous because GZ assumes your event is a business conference. We sold 2,000 tickets...

We are sorry about your frustrations and challenges. We hope you will take us up on our previous requests to schedule a 1-to-1 database readiness and review session, as most of the issues you list here can be easily resolved.

YK

Yvonne K.

My Happy Experience

My overall experience with this software has been better than I could have imagined. It is a continue learning process.

Pros

I've used ChamberMaster for years and the continue upgrades and how they listen to their customers is one reason I continue to recommend them to our Board and other Chambers. The Support team not only knows the software, they are patient and kind when I've called them. It is user friendly and I can edit, correct or change the website myself without having to call, email, or make a ticket for everything. When I do make a ticket or call, they are quick to reply and correct the issues.

Cons

I really cannot say I dislike anything. Just this last couple of weeks, I've learned something new. The event tab has been wonderful and I learned how to improve it but with that improvement I also learned that it changes other areas in the software that I was not aware of until I was using it. It worked out, it just made more steps to complete my task.

LH

Lisa H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Growthzone Management System Has It All!

GrowthZone has enabled our organization to effectively manage our database, reporting, event registration, accounting and website. The system is extremely user-friendly for both management and users.

Pros

Switching from one system to another is never easy, but GrowthZone made it a smooth transition, from decision to launch! The entire process took us about 9 months to design and implement both a management system as well as website. All tools are easy to use and reporting is effortless! I appreciate that GZ takes user recommendations into consideration (voting process) and offer ongoing development! GZ customer support is fantastic!

Cons

GZ has great report templates, but sometimes I need to report on something not available. I wish we could create our own queries/reports without needing GZ to do this for us. I wish GrowthZone would integrate directly with QuickBooks. To continue utilizing this accounting software, it requires manually updating QB with deposit summaries vs. automatic batches.

NA

Nicole A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The best investment of time, energy, and money we have made!

GrowthZone has been a huge learning curve, but a fascinating one. It has made things so much easier on the back end of all of our processes. I just said today that if I had the time I could dive in to GrowthZone and spend hours making our systems even better. There are so many options and abilities to streamline work with this system.

Pros

So many things! They are hard to name. See the previous page for specific comments.

Cons

We would like to see the events area improved some. The exhibitors section does not jive well with the sponsors. Our sponsors get free event tickets and the ability to exhibit as well. Also, the event emails show the sponsor logos looking jumbled and mismatched so we were not able to show our sponsors when using that function. (I used the email designer when we needed to show our sponsors.) The sponsor...

KT

Karl T.

ChamberMaster GrowthZone

It has allowed us to stay in contact with our members in a way that wasn't possible previously. The billing software is easy to use and learn. The other big benefit is in event tracking. The things that were once accomplished by spreadsheets are now integrated with calendars and social media and available through the Internet.

Pros

Ease of use and ease of training. Training is very simple and employees can continue to learn more through tutorials and webinars. Support has also been excellent with little down time despite the fact it is Internet based. It is flexible for me to be able to use my membership software and make updates from home or on the road. Having so much information about your members and multiple ways to contact and interact with them through the software has made a huge difference that has been noted by our members.

Cons

The website module saves time and allows us to keep our website content fresh. I wish it was a little more adaptable within the templates.

KL

Kevan L.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great Features and overall functionality

Mostly pretty good. The conversion has settled down, and we are working through cleanup. We wish we had a basic manual from GrowthZone, not just a video how-to. A manual, perhaps in Word, where we can add in the details that are specific to us is vital. Without it, we are having to complete each part of a manual a little at a time.

Pros

The fully functioning connectivity for our members, record keeping for all members in one place, and the website's integration. Every day we discover a new feature we didn't know about that makes us happy. The most recent is the integration with ZOOM and events/classes.

Cons

The things that don't work for no apparent reason. We have clearly tied members to a firm, yet they don't show up in that firm's list. Programmers have had to fix some, but we never hear why it happens. Some of the accounting takes quite a bit to track down. The conversion process left a lot for us to do without clear direction. GrowthZone should take the lead all the way through instead of us getting basic instruction and then asking questions as we go.

EH

Emily H.

Great Management Software for Member-based Organizations

Their online training sessions are very useful and the wiki has extensive, helpful information for when I want a quick answer without calling. Onboarding new employees has been super easy with the resources GrowthZone has provided.

Pros

Central location of data and links to financial transactions/recording. I like the interfacing with email like Constant Contact and Outlook, and I like user friendly platform elements for maintaining memberships and displaying them online.

Cons

The templates are very hard to use if you want to edit them, and there are a lot of features that are not customizable. I wish there were more integrations with Google and business websites not provided/hosted by GrowthZone.

KD

Krisann D.

The Right Software for Our Needs

This software has been beneficial in tracking attendance, registration details, sponsors, and necessary comments for our events. The newest updates make our sponsor lists look awesome! As a membership database, it is easy to navigate and track member engagement.

Pros

This software is versatile, allowing us to use it in a variety of tasks including marketing, data collection, event registration, member communications, and website integration. We specifically like the data collection and event registration because we can keep registrations, sponsors, and comments together.

Cons

We find the reporting module to be overwhelming--almost too versatile. There are more ways to come up with a report than we wish to explore. It would be easier if simplified. There are a few small items, such as not being able to delete a block of old events. Currently, past member events stack up in our calendar and must be deleted individually.

KP

Kyle P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

First Year with GZ

I have found a couple of support staff to be very helpful. Thought GZ would be more efficient for me. This is not the case. I have not started using the event management and reservation system yet. I just have not had the time to delve into it. Just not sure it will be efficient for me. When we do start have registrations online, I will be doing double entry for all income. this is not efficient.

Pros

- Like the event and calendar feature - Business Directory looks nice, but adjustments need to be made so all of our members can be found

Cons

- Invoices do not show the total of the invoice and then the payment plan amount (what is the total outstanding income?) - Have to do double entry of payments into QB so I can still have Balance Reports and Profit-Loss Reports for our Board and Tax Accountant - GZ is cumbersome and not user friendly - mistakes happen or changes need to be made, and it should be easy to fix them. This is not the case with GZ. - There is more than one way to do things. The GZ way may work for the majority of Chambers you work with, but not all of us. Flexibility would be nice. - Double entry of all contacts for our memberships. I use Outlook for all of my correspondence with members, vendors, partners and the community. To have two different places to keep track of changes is not efficient.

PL

Pam L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The help team at GrowthZone are polite, helpful and responsive. Getting someone to respond through chat or email or phone is a challenge.Not having immediate help desk at all times can be challenging.

Pros

Automated options and team at GrowthZone

Cons

Not enough reporting options to match the functionsReporting options available are not accurate and don't pull consistent informationEngagement report does not include all the activities

DK

Debbie K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The Great, the good, the bad, and the time consumer

Great. The customer service has improved greatly over the past couple of years, but the upgrades and interfaces many times come with standard features that are not member/sponsor friendly. We need to be able to showcase our sponsors and members as we want to and that usually comes in different forms and fashions.

Pros

The data capturing components and that it is not limited to the amount of data you input in all areas. I like the many features, the reporting, the statistics for the members and the interfacing with our website.

Cons

It is not graphic friendly. It does not allow for changes in all set up features of retrieving data such as the e referral component. You should be able to choose and customize the data you send to your members - consistency isn't always king. Many times members and consumers asking for different information from each member.

CB

Carrie B.

Construction, self-employed

Perfect Solution for our Association!

I knew GrowthZone would improve the logistics of managing our association, but I have been blown away by just how much it has improved! I highly recommend this application!

Pros

I love the integration of the events and membership directory into our website. It helps me manage those two items much more efficiently. I love that I can create invoices within GZ. I love that my members can create login information, which allows me to continue to share information that is a benefit to our members.

Cons

I just wish I had more flexibility with the Email Marketing feature. It is great, but I had more flexibility with our former website provider that I miss in GZ. I also need to learn more about the Quickbooks integration.

JH

Joanne H.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

GrowthZone does it all!

My communication is logged directly into each member's profile which allows me to have a log of all activity and to set reminders for next steps. The website is full mobilized so I am able to access critical information wherever I am and the app gives me a quick access point when I am out of the office.

Pros

The program was in place when I arrived at Lakes Region Chamber (NH) in January 2016. As the Membership Manager, I utilize the program to track my new member prospects, communication with our nearly 500 members, share member marketing results and continue to grow and strengthen member relations.

Cons

I found the formatting of custom letters a bit time consuming and not as easy to use as the rest of the program. I attended a local day long training last year and that helped me to overcome any remaining issues.

PM

Polly M.

GrowthZone is a Great Tool

We were with ChamberMaster previously; however, this new platform is so much more robust. The staff and help are still amazing.

Pros

Having the ability to add multiple memberships for multiple organizations and have them be able to pay their bills online and into their own accounts, saves so much time. Ease of use is amazing. Pretty straight forward for us and our members.

Cons

Check in for events takes forever as you have to confirm twice - no needed. Would be nice to just have a check mark and be done - lines get long so we print and check them off and then check them in after the fact.

LN

Luanne N.

Exactly What Associations and Chambers Need

Excellent!

Pros

I have used this software for 15 years and have found it to be critical in the running of our chamber. We were an early adopter, number 95 who signed up. (a previous chamber). I appreciate the ongoing changes and upgrades they have made available to all because other associations asked for more features. Their customer service is quick and thorough and they respond via phone or email. I would recommend this to any chamber or similar association who needs to track their members and events with connectivity.

Cons

Nothing - it is a strong software that we use all day, every day

TP

Tom P.

Jury is still out

Pros

The best part of the experience so far has been the integration with our new website through GrowthZone. That part has been fairly smooth.

Cons

The software almost has too many features and functions. Setting up events can be tedious and tricky if you don't check all the right boxes. We've only scratched the surface of what the platform can do but it's fairly overwhelming. And the answer always seems to be "watch this wiki video and good luck".

SM

Stephanie M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Poor functionality and customer service

Pros

It sends out membership renewal notices and event reminders

Cons

Some of the main features just don't work, and after months of calling weekly to their customer service, they still don't seem to understand nor respond to the issue. I've asked to escalate the problem due to our members' complaints and time sensitive event deadlines, and they've been slow to respond and have repeatedly ignored my requests to talk to management. It's been 6 months now, and tech issues are still unresolved while they continue to charge us for services we aren't getting. If you have a choice, use a different software so you won't have to go through the headache of transitioning over your members.

TC

Tamara C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Best Software for Chambers of Commerce

Implementing GrowthZone was the most valuable decision our Chamber has ever made. I love working with this system. I'm always learning new ways to may my job easier.

Pros

This is the easiest software to help organize and manage our membership, invoicing, and website. All aspects of the system work together so smoothly. Updates to membership and website can be done in minutes with very little effort.

Cons

There are only minor missing pieces, but GrowthZone is always adding and updating features so most of the time things that I'm hoping will be improved on are. I have really have no major complaints.

CW

Christina W.

Makes Membership Management So Easy

Pros

Easy to use, so many great features, replaced a number of apps and programs used in the office so that everything was consolidated.

Cons

A map feature in the reporting section would be great - be able to map member visits based on the addresses in the system. We currently do this manually but it would be nice to use our database instead.

KC

Kenzee C.

Two Thumbs UP From our company

GrowthZone has been such an amazing software for us and so many other HBA's in the state of Texas. Their it support is out of this world fast, and they even provide training videos for just about everything as well.

Pros

We love how this program replaced many other programs that we used for membership retention and communication.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. And if there was it has been fixed.

JD

Jacquelyn D.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Best Ever!

Overall I think it is fantastic. I use it daily as the in-house bookkeeper. I would totally recommend GrowthZone to others. It was so easy to learn, and the customer service and support team is phenomenal!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, as well as the customer service! Everyone is pleasant, prompt and so helpful!

Cons

One thing from a billing stand point is that I wish we could have an option to pay a single invoice monthly automatically rather than have separate monthly invoices!

BO

Beatrice O.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Meets the needs of our members

Overall, our experience has been quite good. The support is fairly quick and helpful. The transition to our new website was so easy, bordered on painless.

Pros

GrowthZone does a very good job of meeting the needs of our members. The members can register for events, update their listing on our website, and find valuable information in the member profile. These ensure value for our members - a benefit we can highlight.

Cons

The software does not offer as robust a database as I would like. We do have some work-arounds to ensure that we capture needed data.

VJ

Vilija J.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

MemberZone has been an Asset so far! Great Customer Service

We switched over our database and website management platform from another company who just wasn't cutting it, and MZ's customer service is probably the best I've seen anywhere. They're polite, intelligent, and easy to work with. They answered all of our questions quickly and are always making suggestions for ways in which their system is limited. The database could use an update... it's not always...

Pros

The wide range of features and the ease of making updates to the website.

Cons

Certain limitations to the features, like a better method of organizing sub companies and reps in different company locations