rsvpBOOK Reviews

Lenore R.

A great company, use for several conferences, ease of use, set up and reporting all great. The RSVP team is a great group, responsive to updates and needs.

E K.

The best part of this software is the technical support provided by the rsvpBOOK staff. They are professional, responsive, knowledgeable, and fun.

Cynthia D.

Amanda O.

That in the begginging it can be a bit confusing when you first start using the app in the beginning.

LaTonya P.

Jodi H.

4.7

Great choice for small non-profit with few small conference events per year.

This solved our problem with our prior software being sunset and having the only other option be to used the more expensive flagship product. So I went shopping, compared about 10 options and settled on rsvpbook. Very happy with it. Cheaper products are much less robust. We register people for two conferences a year with breakout groups and hired speakers. One draws about 100 participants and the other 50.

Pros

The biggest benefit for us was the small percentage of registration fee because our conferences are over Memorial Day weekends and cost $500-$600. Calculate any other website's transaction fee for that large a price and the transaction fee will be substantially more. On top of that we use PayPal for settling credit cards and we benefit somewhat from their volume which affects the charges the credit...

Cons

As someone else mentioned, the email editor is initially confusing but I just noticed at the top there are instructions for importing a word document without problems. Yay! You can also edit the HTML to tweak things. You can add graphics and flow text around them. But I haven't figured out how to get a little margin between the graphic and the text. I noticed the banner manager, where you put your letterhead, seems to apply across the application so if you want to change the letterhead for just one temporary purpose, you need to put it back when you're done to avoid affecting everything else that uses letterhead. Like anything, there's a learning curve, but you can pick up how rsvpbook works quickly by trying things and testing to see the interplay.

Easily customizable, robust tool for event registrant assignments, reports, and communication

I'm in my fourth year of using rsvpBook to manage an average of 900 volunteers who register with us each year. Our event is a 2-day dental clinic that moves to a different city in Arkansas each year, and dental/medical professionals are needed as well as lay volunteers. About half of our volunteers return every year, and about half are new each time. Most of our volunteers have day jobs as well,...

Pros

Ease of use; customizability; responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable staff; compatibility with Excel and email; repeatability.

Cons

Can't think of a thing.

Beginner User

I love this but I will continue to study this so that it will be alot easier for me to use.

Pros

I liked that you can create and use this to invite multiple people to an event from the comfort of your home with just one click.

Three time user

Checked out rsvpBOOK 5 years ago to support registration for a 3 day high school reunion event. They were extremely accommodating about our non-profit status in pricing and their customer service was excellent. Used the product again for a complicated golf tournament registration a few years later and representatives were again wonderful about helping to set the program up to do what we wanted. ...

Pros

Relatively easy to set up and the reporting tools are very useful. I am able to use their standard reports or set up custom ones that can be accessed by more than one person - which allows for delegation of event activities.

Cons

The limits on sizing of photo banners and placement of logos - at least in the version that I have been using.

RSVP Meeting Registration

Many family members were impressed with the registration system. It really was quick to get it up and running which was amazing with all the variations we wanted. The software has a lot of flexibility and can accommodate just any registration idea.

Pros

Ease of adding all the special features we needed like different categories of registration, merchandise selling, flexible donation, installment payments, etc. Sharing reports with other admin members was also a big help. Great support to help me get it going (website help instructions and called in). The reports and email features were amazing. The non-profit accommodation was a big plus.

Cons

I really don't think the password feature was helpful for us. No one really used it to go back to a registration, but many members found it confusing. Administrator had to make all the changes. It would be great if that can be turned off it you didn't want to use it.

We've Done More Than 170 Events Using RSVPbook.com

Green Technology delivers multiple conferences and seminars on California's green building code, Green Schools and Green Government to thousands of registrants each year. All the registration for each event occurs on the RSVPbook Platform.

Pros

As a disruptive technology, RSVPbook.com helped us change from spending tens of thousands of dollars per event for outside registration companies to bringing registration in-house cutting costs drastically. Very strong tech support and some minor custom coding enabled us to combine all our registration needs plus a lead retrieval system that generates income from our exhibitors.

Cons

Honestly, don't have any.

Fantastic database platform; used for past 4 years!!!

Can't thank Nelson and all of you at RSVP for development of this wonderful database info management resource!!! AND, on behalf of Mission of Mercy organizations all over the country, I am most grateful and appreciative of your support and donation to our efforts!! You may want to financially consider restructuring this support to bill us at market rates and then make a dollar donation to each MOM entity vs. a simple rate reduction. Not sure if the IRS would question, but your finance guru could advise!!

Pros

Functionality and usability for someone not tech oriented for database management!!

Cons

It doesn't anticipate what I need, want, dream of!!!LOL Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to think in the context of RSVP to get myself to a place where I want to accomplish a task. The more I use it the easier it is to achieve mobility; repetition is the key to knowledge!!! I know you guys work very hard to develop tools that would be intuitive to us non-tech folks, and that has to be very difficult place for your brains to go!!!!!

RSVP for Training Registration

We utilize RSVP to register all of our learners for training classes. Registration is quick, we can track all that attended and lastly, we use the custom reports (which is very easy to use) as our database of all trained users.

Pros

The ease of creating events as well as the ease of our learners self registering for the classes. We can easily check the registration and mark attendance from a smartphone or tablet.

Cons

Not much!

A dramatic change and improvement of our business operation

For over two decades, we operated, by having groups book their participation on a hand written form, with the time spent spell checking and trying to read the hand written forms, we had to have dedicated people just for that job. about 10 years agio, we discovered RSVP BOOK!! and our operation and business have changed! we love the relationship, we have been improving as we go along, the assistance is 100%, the performance is the best and we can't beleive we lived without RSVP BOOK as long as we did!! thank you!

Pros

the savings of man power and the efficiency!

Cons

nothing!!

Conference Registration Made Easy

We have used rsvpBOOK for several year to automate the registration and related functions for our conference, and it has been a real boon for us. We are all volunteers, many of whom have limited technical savvy, yet we have easily trained our members to successfully manage the event using the web site tools. the attendees comment about the ease of use and the functionality. From the administration...

Pros

Easy of use, technical support, low cost.

Cons

I look forward to the development of a smartphone app that will be available to attendees for them to easily manage their schedule for our conference.

Awesome support!

My review comes from a point of view of having used RSVPbook for many years... though there are some areas that become easier with experience, and every year there are improvements (as RSVPbook will take feedback and make the improvements... giving customers a voice), I can't say enough about how flexible and AWESOME their support team is to assist and help find solutions if the customer runs into any challenges or simply has a minor questions; the response time is almost immediate!

Pros

flexible and a wide variety of functionality... and of course the reports and tips!

Cons

sometimes a bit cumbersome.

RSVPbook.com User Review

RSVPbook.com has been very beneficial to meeting the needs of our company. It has enabled us to manage our 5000 plus employee populations' educational tracking and course scheduling requirements.

Pros

The highly responsive and accessible Tech support. The ease of use of the system.

Cons

Desire to manipulate the data into more useful reports without much effort. And it's compatibility with Microsoft Access program.

Great Support

I receive great support from the team at RSVP book. Responsiveness is key to our business and they excel and making sure they respond quickly.

Pros

The support team and the ease in navigating the site.

Cons

I don't have anything specific...I typically let them know if there is something I wish it could do. I like the app but some customer want more functionality an/or ability to download from the app store and not have to use wifi.

Jodi says...

I use RSVPBook.com to manage registration for training events. The program seems infinitely flexible. I can't imagine what you might want to do that you can't do. On the down side, that flexibility makes the set-up a bit confusing, but I have never encountered better customer service in my life! Nelson responds to online chat messages instantly and figures out the solution in less than five minutes, seriously. Also, I've never found the website to be down unexpectedly. Grab your readers before you start; the set-up text is small. The registration window looks great though, when you're done!

Pros

It allows me to manage registrations for our relatively small trainings in a cost-effective manner. The alternative would be for me to do it manually, which would eventually lead to an error. Absolutely amazing customer service!

Cons

The set-up text is really small. Perhaps this is just my computer, but I don't think so. The tickets page is confusing. What's the "group" thing? It seems like the part where you input the fee is critical and should jump right out at the user, not be buried under several layers. I know I've said this before in a customer survey, and I can't imagine I'm the only one who thinks this. I've messed it up and had to ask for help on more than one occasion as a result.

RSVP Book Review

They are very helpful and can assist you in customizing a site that works for your event. Our event continues to grow and change so this is very helpful.

Pros

Ease of creating the site, customer service, reporting capabilities, easy to obtain the necessary information from our vendors, and as you learn the software it becomes easier for me to update on my own.

Cons

The confirmation page once someone has already registered - if I make a change it should be able to say thank you for updating...instead of sending a NEW confirmation email. It is confusing to our vendors.

Superb Customer Service and Great Features that are easy to use!

We have used rsvpBook for many years for our registration system. The customer service is phenomenal - they are VERY responsive and easy to work with! The system is very easy to use and navigate. The reporting capabilities and the wizards for creating the registration are helpful. They can even customize specific pieces to meet customer needs!

Pros

Customer service! Easy to use and navigate

Cons

Great value and functionality for the cost! Perfect for small non-profits!

I've used RSVPBook for two conference events thus far and have been really thrilled with the flexibility and functionality of the site given the costs. No start up costs, no hidden fees. It's perfect for organizations who need to filter registrants, sign up for multiple events, purchase additional items, and share information all in one place. It's a bit tricky to figure out, but customer service is super helpful and responds via the 'chat' feature within seconds. The final event site is a bit dated in terms of design and can feel a bit clunky, however, again for not having startup costs and large starter fees, this is by far the best site I've found.

Pros

Cost. I can take as much time as I want to set things up without being charged- I'm only charged when people register. The fees are reasonable, particularly in light of the functionality. Customer service is also stellar.

Cons

The overall design is certainly dated- like mid-90's powerpoint themes. The administrative dashboard is also a bit tricky to navigate- not very user-friendly. The File cabinet is awful.

rsvpBOOK - best company to work with EVER!

The Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference (CMTC) in New Hampshire is a 4-day event with Monday PreConference and 3 full conference days. We have multiple session types along with multiple registration fees and deadlines. rsvpBOOK has kept up with our needs since 2010.

Pros

The best part of this software is the technical support provided by the rsvpBOOK staff. They are professional, responsive, knowledgeable, and fun! The software has grown in its complexity over the years, but the support staff is always very helpful and patient in assisting with tasks you likely do only one time per year. The software is flexible, provides historical data over time, can be customized at a reasonable cost when needed, and continues to improve and add features.

Cons

Along with the improvements came a cost increase, certainly reasonable, but not the bargain it used to be for non-profits.

L.O.V.E. R.S.V.P.

Our association has been using RSVP for our events since 2012 and it's a lifesaver! Every year our spring conference is more efficient and registrant-friendly because of the RSVP features we discover and employ. Their expertise and technical support is top notch, too! We can always count on Nelson and John to make our registration experience and reporting on the back end most effective. THANKS, RSVP!

Pros

Multiple features and amazing tech support

Cons

Sometimes there are multiple layers to the same feature so I have to go in and click options in more than one section to ensure the setting is correct.

The PMC GROUP REVIEW

We used this for our conference last year with a start-up client. Never seen Customer Support like this. The support staff was always available to walk us through any problem, no matter how long it took.

Pros

Not being a techie, it was easy to navigate and understand.

Cons

All about the customer service!

One of my clients, a major cosmetics company, hired me to develop an online registration website for a complex international meeting. I researched several software companies. What first made RSVPbook.com stand out was that during the due diligence process, Customer support representatives LISTENED to what we needed instead telling me how great they are - or directing me to an online demo - or...

rsvpbook review

We have used this software for arts and creative events since 2013. Most of our events have from 20-120 registrants. For events on very small scale to larger scale it works very well.

Pros

It has so many features built in that make it easy to set up and operate and when you don't know what to do, help is easily accessible. I can change and manipulate registrations as needed. I appreciate the email features, and sales and sessions information, that is readily available.

Cons

Sometimes my registrants don't save at bottom as they don't scroll all the way down or check off a required field and get confused, but I can usually help them with that and it gets resolved. If I have an event that is multiple weekends or on multiple days, it is hard to enter that into the form.

Great product and wonderful customer service!

We had a homegrown registration system that was very hard to configure and restricted us with what we could do. We made a list of features and when we spoke to rsvpBOOK they had everything we needed, wanted and more! They were very helpful with setting up the system with us and fast to respond to any questions and requests we've asked them for.

Pros

Ease of use! And the amount of features they have out of the box. It is so easy to set-up and it makes our registration process seamless. There is a ton of additional functionality beyond the form, you have the ability to easily create and customize reports, print name tags, etc.

Cons

I can't think of anything, we have been extremely happy with using rsvpBOOK!

VPA rsvpBook review

Overall, it has been helpful software but there have been glitches before where it emailed recipients multiple times, it sent an email out at a wrong time, and it RSVPbook was down and we had to call in to RSVPBook to tell them. Nelson has been helpful when we have had to call in.

Pros

Nice to use to set-up registration links online and manage attendance and tracking.

Cons

It can be a little confusing when editing and creating email templates within email wizard.

Robust Tools, Excellent Support!

rsvpBOOK is an excellently designed and robust tool that has allowed us to efficiently register our attendees, communicate with them regarding changes in sessions, and give them all their information on a web-based app before showing up for the event. The customer service and support has been superior, personal, and timely. We also really appreciated much of the automated functionality, such as automatic emails for those registered in sessions that had to be cancelled. Overall, this is an A+ product and a positive experience.

Pros

Very thorough set of tools for event planning and communication.

Cons

Limited tools for communicating with speakers. It would be great to be able to automate communication with speakers and presenters.