TicketSource Reviews - Page 2

KE

Kevin E.

My experience of using Ticketsource for setting up Dulwich Players bookings

I have only used Ticketsource two or three times so far, but on the whole I find it a useful and relatively easy to use tool. It took me a little while to get used to it, being mainly a case of trial and error, as there are no real guidance notes; but some advice from a previous user helped considerably. With a bit of experience it is relatively easy to use, although I do have trouble moving between...

Cons

Thanks for reviewing us Kevin. I'm sorry to hear you had some trial and error frustrations when taking over from the previous user. If there are still things you find unintuitive and the video tutorials and knowledge base (under the "Support" tab) don't help, then please don't hesitate. Call our Support Team on 029 2071 3200. They're really friendly and guiding new users is what they are there...

MH

Maxine H.

Reliable and efficient

We have been using Ticketsource for at our theatre for approximately 5 years now. The system works well for our customers who can book seats at a time that suits them and we do not have to be on site to take bookings. As a small venue this is very cost effective for us as we do not have to staff a 24hour box office. Our staff we find the systems straightforward and reliable. We have all the booking...

Cons

Hi Maxine, Thank you for writing a brilliant review! It's great you've taken the time to lay out your use case to inspire others. I've passed your feedback on to the Support team who will be in touch with you soon. Customising the ticket template is something we can do already for you :)

BH

Brianna H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

SO much better than the alternative!

Overall, I love the ease of creating an event and the payout side of things, which again, the fees are reasonable too. There are minor issues, but not enough to make me want to pay more elsewhere!

Pros

TicketSource just made things SO simple! It was easy to sign up and get an event going. The checkout process was good too, and payout was with ease exactly when they said it would be. Fees are reasonable, and I love how they are also UK based.

Cons

I had Ts & Cs that look like you couldn't see until you checkout, which I guess was okay but prefer having accessible before people got that far. Also I don't know the refund policy (If I have my own or they do? How someone requests a refund and by what point?) It was also difficult to find customer responses to questions, like dietary requirements, which was required as part of my event. That definitely should be easier to find per event.

Hi Brianna, Thank you for providing your feedback on using the system and pleased to hear everything has been so positive overall Just to advise you can add in your own terms and conditions to your event which are presented during the booking process. When setting up your event within the main event details scroll to the bottom of the advanced settings and you will see a box to enable "The event has associated terms and conditions" If you are able to send us an email so we can locate your account we would be happy to provide clarification on the refund policy and look into the questionnaire options. Just mark it 'FOA of Phill'

GH

Gareth H.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Good service

Pros

Did what we needed it to do. Simple service

Cons

Would have been helpful to be able to allocate 'house' tickets in General Admission venues. Maybe this was possible but I wasn't able to work it out.

Hi Gareth, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Please get in touch with our team if you wish to discuss options for allocating house seats for your event.

AC

Andrena C.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Our new ticketing partners

TicketSource has improved our customer experience. The support is excellent and the software easy to use. Integrations with other payment merchants and mailing providers was also simple and seamless.

Pros

having used other ticketing software it was refreshing to use a system that simply worked well. Our customer's had a far better experience with TicketSource which meant we had far less correspondence to deal with. It was easy to set up various ticketing options, discounts, comp tickets etc and track it within the data.

Cons

It was hard to find a good way of scanning tickets at large quantities particularly in a field without laptops.

Hi Andrena, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review, and we are really pleased your transition over to TicketSource has been a success.

JG

Jonathan G.

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great service for multiple event community festivals

I like the quick answering of the Ticketsource helpline phone by someone in the UK (Wales) who is of course familiar with our language and vernacular. Help lines in the Philippines may be on offer 24/7 but they dont understand the nuances of an issue being discussed. I am running a multi-event festival it has become very simple to set up the system now.

Pros

It improves each time we use it, adding welcome new features. It is complex but logical.

Cons

The public access to a current event shows say X Tickets available. It would help if it said X tickets available out of Y, where Y is the maximum. I encourage my multiple small event organizers to watch their ticket bookings (they dont have access to the back of house) and it gets confusing when they cant remember how many tickets there are for the event but it says say 32 Available or worse still 50+ available. Also, when setting up multiple events with the same Ticket Launch Date, why cant we click "All event tickets available from the same date" Also when selecting a venue location at the beginning for a new event, why cant we set up a subdirectory of our own regularly used venues rather than scrolling down numerous similar venues across the globe.

Thank you for your kind words, Jonathan. It's great to receive both positive and not-so-positive feedback to help us improve our services and offerings to our customers.

SK

Simon K.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Not a bad option for our first foray into professional ticketing solutions

On the whole positive, with room for improvement. We will likely use them for our next event, and we can already see more efficient ways to use the system with hindsight

Pros

Relatively easy to use, no booking charges for free events, straightforward payments to our bank account.

Cons

Quick-booking GUI was not suited to on-the-day sales, payment integration options are limited (where is the Paypal or Sumup integration?), and the integrations they had were not the most straightforward to troubleshoot, with much passing back and forth between themselves and Stripe

Hi Simon, we appreciate you taking the time to leave your review and thank you for sharing your honest feedback. If you have any specific feedback regarding the on-the-door selling process, then please do share this with us. We are pleased to hear that overall your experience has been positive and look forward to welcoming you back for your next event.

JH

JoAnne H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Straightforward ticketing platform

Straightforward to use. Booking fee is lower than other platforms.

Pros

Intuitive set up and design. Good "how to" videos. Easy to manage.

Cons

No notification of sales activity - need to log in daily to check sales. Would be helpful if TicketSource can automatically promote events through major gig platforms like other ticketing platforms do, as it takes extra work to post these manually.

Hi JoAnne. Thank you for sharing your experience of using TicketSource, and pleased to hear you have found it simple to manage. For reference, we offer email sales notifications within your user account settings. Please get in touch with our team if you need assistance locating this.

JB

Jeff B.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Made my life so much easier

Amazing!!!!! Saved me literally 25 hours of work and ticket sale communications with parents

Pros

I love that once I created the seating plans and the link, customers could buy tickets and do everything from the website and have specific reserved seats. In previous years we sold tickets at the door and only had 180 seats available. We would have to sometimes turn away people who were the 181st through 200th parent come to see their student perform and tell them to come get in line earlier for the following evening’s performance. Also, by the time we got to the 150th/160th customers there were no seats in groups of 3 or 4, but rather lots of single seats so families would have to split up and find single seats. TicketSource literally solved every problem we had.

Cons

The only teeny-tiny thing I didn’t like was that I was able to create the seating plan, but I could not “rotate” any seating sections to show that our theatre is designed with 3 sides (almost in the round). Parents who have been here before were able to visualize and interpret, but some customers thought they were buying 4 seats in the front row and actually bought 4 seats down the side aisle so they ended up sitting one in front of the other. Again, you can move the stage, seating sections on the seating chart you create, but I wish we could have rotated certain seating sections 45 to 90 degrees to show our theater which has seating on 3 sides of the stage.

Hi Jeff, thanks very much for your review. For reference, seating sections can be rotated within the seating plan designer. We have sent you further instructions on how to achieve this within your account. All the best.

DG

Denis G.

Music, 1-10 employees

Glad we switched to TicketSource

Excellent. I'm very glad we made the change

Pros

Customisable Box Office; non-profit discount; support (human and on-line

Cons

It's not really a con. I would like even more opportunity to customise the ticket shop

Hi Denis, thank you very much for sharing such detailed feedback. I am sure others will find this information very useful. We are so pleased your switch to TicketSource has been so positive.

AM

Angelica M.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Island Shakespeare Festival LOVES TicketSource!

Pros

Being able to respond to folks quickly with questions and change their reservations in a flash, make our own maps, the customization, the TicketSource customer service.

Cons

The only thing that we couldn't figure out how to do was exchange for a ticket that was on a sliding scale to another performance - which I don't think was an available option. It would be great if it could be! But I'm sure you could have done if from your end if we had asked :)

Hi Angelica, thank you so much for your glowing review, and we are pleased to hear your transition over to TicketSource has been so positive. We will pass on your feedback regarding exchanges.

CD

Colin D.

Events Services, self-employed

Peace of mind.

Excellent, you're on my Christmas card list :-)

Pros

I have previously used Eventbrite, not any more, TicketSource is simpler to use which works well for me as a small business, it has lower charges which means i can make my events more affordable which is important to me as its not all about profit, the information access is straight forward, I'm kept informed of things i may need to do and all in all I couldn't be happier with TicketSource, I will continue to use them.

Cons

That I didn't find it earlier and had to use Eventbrite.

Hi Colin, Thanks very much for your glowing review pleased to hear the transition over to TicketSource has been so positive. We are hoping the customer support 1 star may have been an oversight but if there is anything we can do to improve in that area, let us know.

SS

Sue S.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Useful tool for selling and monitoring ticket sales

This is an amazing tool for selling tickets. The only hiccup I had was when someone was able to book a wheelchair and carer seat as normal tickets when those seats had been marked as wheelchair and carer seats. I don't know how that could have happened.

Pros

Very user friendly. I love the sales reports which quickly give you an idea of what has been sold.

Cons

Not having ever set up online ticketing before it was a bit of a daunting task with all the various drop down bars with all the different options for setting up an account. I had to ring up for help a few times but always got good advice and was pointed in the right direction.

Hi Sue, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please do get in touch with the team if you would like to discuss your wheelchair position setup in more detail.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Amazing - Simply amazing

Pros

TicketSource system is the best Box Office system I have found, does everything we would need and more. There are so many features it is such a flexible system. Support is excellent, very responsive and quick.

Cons

Nothing really, its just a great system that does all we need.

Hi Paul, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. Its so lovely to hear you are still enjoying our services after all these years! All the best

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Excellent System

Pros

Ticketsource is an excellent Box Office system, great customer support and always adding new features.

Cons

Nothing really, its a great system, does exactly what it should do without too much complication!

Hi Paul, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. Glad to hear you are still getting on well with our services and thanks for your continued support. All the best.

AJ

Alison J.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Excellect choise for Self managed event ticketing

Excellent choice for our needs as a community group.

Pros

Easy to set up and manage. Easy access through usual browsers on PC and phone, with addition of mobile app for Front of House . Multiple users with ability to set up different roles for each. Flexible to our requirements

Cons

Initially found it clunky in parts of the setup as some information was repeated per individual event, but got easier with more use.

HI Alison, thank you for sharing your experience with using TicketSource. We are pleased that you have found it simple to use now that you are up and running.

AB

Alan B.

Entertainment, self-employed

GRUeSOMe thrived thanks in part to TicketSource's facilities

Excellent services. Answers on the end of the phone, instantly sorting out any issues, be that ticket exchanges, or booking additional tickets. The complete event package

Pros

Eas of use, complete package, always helpful assistance on hand.

Cons

Being new to this type of system, it took me a while to see how beneficial and helpful ticketsource were.

Hi Alan, Thanks for your glowing review. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next event!

BK

Brian K.

Music, 501-1,000 employees

Gower Festival Society first year of use

Transfer from theatre ticketing system was an extremely positive experience and appreciated by all the many users, selling tickets for 14 events.

Pros

Ease of use by ticket purchasers was universally acknowledged

Cons

Nothing seems to be missing. Very limited mistake making in first encounter on setting up venues

Hi Brian. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and it is great to hear the transition over to TicketSource has gone so smoothly.

KT

Kate T.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Very good. Would heartily recommend for amateur production groups.

Pros

Really helpful over the phone support when I started using the system.

Cons

It would be helpful to have a ticket sales report breaking down cash and online sales in one report

Hi Kate, thanks very much for your review. Just to advise the sales report will give you a breakdown of payment types. Please get in touch with our support team and we would be happy to go through this with you.

PK

Paul K.

Hard to fault TicketSource

I have been using TicketSource for 18 months and once you get to understand what the various options are and how to deal with the charges (fee added on in full or fixed amount etc) it is simplicity itself to use thereafter. Help is at hand if you don't understand the online instructions. Copying and then amending an existing event to create a new event makes life very easy as you do not have to enter...

Cons

Hi Paul, thank you for taking the time to provide a very informative review. It's lovely to hear how your customer list has doubled as more and more people hear about your events. We were also delighted to read how helpful you have found the reporting tools. All the best.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Ticket source

Very good.

Pros

Support from Ticketsource for season tickets

Cons

Nothing that I can think of apart from the detail required in this feedback

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. All the best.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Amazing!

Pros

This Box Office system is amazing, works perfectly, and support is first class.

Cons

Nothing really, it does everything that is required

Hi Paul, thanks for taking your time to leave your review and your continued business! All the best.

DC

David C.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Easy and very flexible

A deligt to use. Made the whole event manageable

Pros

It was easy to set up and to amintin for our event. It's the first time we used it and would do so again

Cons

Charyity status for Church of Englan churches a bit obscure

Hi David, thank you so much for sharing your feedback. All the best.

MR

Mat R.

Fantastic service!

I don't often leave feedback when asked, but I thought I would this time. I haven't checked our bank account yet, our finance dept will do that, but from my point of view, as the administrator of the event and the manager of the venue where the event was held ' I have nothing but praise for your system. It is quick, easy and painless to set up; it takes the hassle out of everything; the options...

Cons

Thank you Mat for taking the time to write such a thorough and informed review. Very much appreciated.

JH

Joseph H.

Good overall but needs some work to be amazing

The service is great and fairly easy to use, I particularly like the options to customise the landing page with your personal banners. Customers who are issued tickets have commented how easy it is to use and The paper ticket service is faultless and great value for the purchaser. Areas for improvement would be the affiliate sign up page. It is off putting and soulless with too much information...

Cons

Hi Joseph. Thanks for taking the time to review us, and for the interesting ideas. There is actually work scheduled on the TicketSource Express smartphone app in the next couple of months, so I'll pass your suggestions to the development team. Best regards Alex