Dameware Logo

Dameware

Remote-access system support tool for IT professionals

Dameware Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.83/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I enjoy the ease of use and the ability to create and save connections. File transferring is among my favorite feature.
A powerful utility with a great deal of functionality that can help different environment not only resolve issues & problems more quickly but also to run more smoothly the entire time.
Dameware is a well made remote support tool that has a lot of customization options available. It works smoothly on most PCs and has a great customer service team ready to help if needed.
The only problem we have is we are unable to remote control a workstation with the wired and wireless enabled at the same time.
Needs multi-platform support. However, the reason we have moved away from it and will no longer use it is due to Solarwinds horrible licensing mechanism.
Not all of the features of the on prem version are available. Admin accounts can be confusing.

Dameware users...

TeamViewer-logocaret
listing-logo

TeamViewer

How would you rate Dameware?

dameware is in a crowded space with newer players

Transcript

Michael L.: Hi, my name's Michael. I'm an IT consultant. I give Dameware four to five. For more reviews...

I use Dameware every day. I do not know of any tool that is better for on-domain remote support.

Pros

I have used Dameware for over 10 years, and I love that I can remote into a PC an monitor a live session to see what issues my agents are seeing. I also love that I can kill the remote keyboard to keep someone from messing up my remote session.

Cons

Dameware occasionally will connect to the wrong PC if there is a DNS conflict. This isn't a major issue because it does give you a warning, but I have still booted the wrong user occasionally because I wasn't paying attention.

Best remote assistance tool

My favorite computer admin tool to use, easy, fast, can't do without it!

Pros

Being able to connect to a computer without having to log in on that computer is the best feature. I allows for quick observation of the users problems, allows connection if no one is attending to the remote device and you don't want to and can't log out the current user.

Cons

Nothing really, the interface could use some updating maybe, it works great but still has that Windows 98 look to it kind of.

Best Remote Desktop

For us it is the best solution as we use it daily for the local Remote Desktop support. Quick connexion.

Pros

Well our technicians use this solution for Remote Desktop support, easy to use, uses VNC modules for the remote, as when we need to replace a computer we can have all the informations about computer and all software installed, can use terminal remote or visual remote.

Cons

Eat to set up the agent and. To integrate it with the machines deployment.

Great for the IT Admin

I used this when I was a Systems Administrator and it made it so easy to administer the environment and manage remote PCs/Servers. I also liked that I could pass an option to the user (when connecting to a user desktop) to allow them to approve the connection. This helps put the user at ease that you can't just CONNECT and spy on them, which was a concern. :)

Pros

Easy to use. I liked that you could push the mini-remote control agent to connect and then uninstall when finished.

Cons

I don't really remember any cons with the software.

It's a solid helpdesk program at a fair price

As mentioned before it tracks and reports what we need tracked and reported.

Pros

It does what I need it to do, tracks tickets, solutions, assets, hardware, and software, and generates clean reports from that information.

Cons

Tech support is terrible, I've submitted 2 tickets recently regarding an upgrade and have heard nothing back. Every few months it will randomly stop pulling email, easily remedied, but I don't like my users to have to wait for a resonse.

Dameware is worth using

Pros

At the company I work for, we use Dameware to provide IT support to our customers, it has a fast and stable remote connection, allows you to leave the access configuration recorded and save the accessed computers to facilitate a new access. Very good.

Cons

The file sharing process could be improved, as in Anydesk that we copied from our screen and pasted on the micro client screen.

Overall we have been very happy with this product. All our Helpdesk staff use this product daily.

Pros

It is very user friendly from the tech's standpoint. It allows for quick support to all our internal customers. Dameware is one of our go to pieces of software for supporting our users.

Cons

There have been no major issues with this software. The only issue we ever had was the initial setup of the software into our DMZ for giving us access to external users that are not on our network. However, the documentation assisted with this.

Dameware is functional and flexible, though it is a bit clunky at times

Pros

1. Usefulness. Gets the job done when we need to remote in 2. Flexibility. Remoting in to people off of our network has been a great feature 3. Consistent. Rarely do I run into unexpected issues.

Cons

1. It's not pretty. It's focus is function over looks. Poor UI design. 2. The rare issues it does have can be inexplicable. Why does the display look a certain way, for instance. 3. The "recent connections" list is fairly useless.

Use this product on a daily basis (in conjunction with N-Able) to provide support to all my client

I use the product in conjunction with Solarwinds N-Able on a daily basis to provide my MSP clients support. Some of the clients I have chose not to purchase 24/7 monitoring so for those I use DameWare quite often for desktop support phone calls.

Pros

The agent seems to be very non-invasive on the client PC. Full desktop experience (reboot, command line, Wake On LAN etc...)

Cons

When I run up against a firewall that will not allow the agent to install. There is very little that I don't like.

Very easy to use and very fast. This is what you need for any remote use.

Easy way to access users computer. It is like you are on there computer.

Pros

This is the best remote software I use. My company use others, but this is are top choice as well this will be are final choice at end of year. Software is very fast, very easy to use and I like the fact is saves all you computer history

Cons

I have been using this product for over 5 yrs. Not one thing I dislike of it. You have to use it to see what I'm saying.

Dameware - A good Remote Desktop Control Software

Since we became distributed, Dameware has provided a generally positive experience and service. It's been really beneficial for remote assistance when we can't physically go, and we're now able to help individuals across countries. It's a must-have tool for any IT professional offering remote control.

Pros

1. The most significant advantage is that Dameware provides high-level protection that meets all security standards. 2. The desktop app at is extremely light and simple to set up. 3. It enables the supported end-user to authorize the request for remote access. first 4. As long as other team members are logged in, you can invite or transfer the remote control to a session. 5. It supports chat, audio, and video calls within the session, allowing for more seamless assistance. 6. It's reasonably priced since the price drops as you buy additional licenses.

Cons

1. The Dameware program frequently becomes stuck on the connection screen, necessitating a restart. 2. The procedure of seeking administrative rights on the client's PC is inefficient. 3. The most significant disadvantage has to be the User Interface. It's a little busy and could require a lot more work to make it simpler to navigate. 4. Their support team isn't available 24/7 to support their customers

Great remote desktop software for a domain environment

if you are an administrator in a domain environment, check out this software. If you are looking for a way to connect to users over the internet, there are better options out there.

Pros

Lots of features for a fairly low cost. You are able to pay a one time license fee and get the software for life. This software allows me to remotely access any computer on the domain, without user intervention.

Cons

not really useful for external tech support

Dameware Mini Remote Control allow me to screen access and control on all computers on our network.

Pros

It can push the client to the target machine even when it is unattended and logged off. Unlike RDP the screen is shared with the user so that help and support can be provided.

Cons

The mirror driver has interfered with video drivers in some cases. Also when connecting to a client with a screen resolution much higher than mine I have to scroll like crazy to get around their screen. I recommend screen scaling to fix this.

Just the right toolkit we were looking for to meet our remote support needs.

Easy to manage multiple remote sessiosn, remote process mon, and remote registry have been very helpful.

Pros

Push capability, Remote Support tools are great for remote registry and remote process access has really benefited our support team. It is an excellent all in one place for us to troublshoot client systems.

Cons

Monitor resolution could be better, RC is limited to remote system display resolution. Can be slow to connect at times.

I use DameWare Mini Remote frequently. It's a quick way to fix a PC problem within our LAN.

PC problems fixed quickly and easily without travel time throughout the company.

Pros

It's fast and easy to log-in to another PC when needed for trouble shooting. We are on an island and also many offices on the mainland. It saves our IT personal lots of travel time.

Cons

I can't seam to figure out saving host names so I can choose the employee PC from a list by name. I'm sure it can be done. I have never really had much training on it.

Dameware has been a Great asset for our organization, is allows us to support users effectively.

Pros

The ease of use is the best part is will connect to even to any pc on our domain, and allows us to chat with and see all screens. Even when not at our own desks it allows ease of access to others.

Cons

Only cons I have found is sometimes it will disconnect and have a longer then ideal timeout. Other then this No major cons are found other then small functionality stuff such as button labels can be confusing.

This product enables us to do a lot more than what we can though RDS.

Remote control of machines, as well as bundled in with the Remote Support tool we can do a lot of neat things remotely making us more productive.

Pros

I like that it's easy to learn the basics and easy for my technicians to learn right out of the box.

Cons

There are times that it can be sluggish, or through random errors out when installing the service for the first time, but most of the time that has to do with the computer and not the software.

I love this application 100%!!!

Reduced travel costs for the agency. Also makes me more efficient, as I can better manage my time.

Pros

The ability to remote to desktops and servers and view users issues. Especially when there is a need to disable Remote Desktop. Very few connectivity issues. Best remote software I've ever used.

Cons

Sometimes there is some latency. The latency issue is so infrequent that i never even investigated the issue.

This is the best remote support software I have used in 21 years of providing tech support

I can have multiple sessions open at once and work on several PCs. It saves me a lot of time since I don't have to run around to multiple locations.

Pros

It is very inexpensive. No need to install it on all of the clients. It will do that for you the first time you connect.

Cons

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything. Sometimes (no always) if the customer's screen resolution is higher than mine it won't let me see their whole screen without scrolling.

As a desktop support technician, DAMEWARE has allowed me to remotely correct issues immediately

It frees up a great deal of my time and allows me to solve problems ranging from the very simple and run of the mill issues to the absolutely confounding. In the time that I've had access to it I've been able to cut down on my work load and the time in which I have to complete tickets\jobs. It truly is a gift to my organization.

Pros

The fact that I can reach out and touch any of the machines on my domain administratively and exercise complete control of that machine is AMAZING!

Cons

For IT professionals, this is invaluable as a time saving program.

Time saving and ease of accessing remote computers

Pros

We can remote into our users and see the issues they are having and fix them right from the screen rather than running around to other buildings or offices. If user has two monitors allows us to see both or one at a time.

Cons

Can't think of any cons....but wish that the Wake up on LAN was more user friendly. But the issues with it are with our routing system.

I've used a different products for remoting into my equipment and I find this by far the best!!

When I am away from the office and an employee gets locked out of the domain for incorrect login, I can instantly get into a domain controller and unlock them. Many great uses for this software.

Pros

Its ease of use probably. Its earlier versions were kind of hard to get every computer to work correctly with it, but it is great now. I have no problems with any of my servers or computers, and I often need to be able to remote in.

Cons

Valuable tool for connecting to desktops and servers for everyday operations.

This application helped provide visibility into remote systems, allowed access to servers, and a great resource for our help desk team.

Pros

Ability to connect to servers and user desktops to complete regular operations and to provide technical assistance. Allow users to present desktop screen and presentations. It allows collaboration with users. It allows transferring the connection. It has a secure connection.

A real life saver!

Very effecent way to support my Radiologist from my desk!

Pros

This software allows me to remote into my Radiologist workstations and trouble shoot without leaving my desk. I have full functionality just like I am sitting in front of the workstation!

Cons

Very few things about this software I dislike. I find that I have to update the client on some machines fequentlt, and I am not exactly sure why.

DameWare Centralized Server was very easy to install and the Remote Support tool is easy to use.

It allowed our administrators to seamlessly connect to end users' machines and provide remote support. It allowed us to do this for users that were having trouble connecting to the network over VPN as well (a limitation in other products).

Pros

It is very reliable whether you're connecting over Ethernet or Wi-Fi. It's easy to manage access from the Centralized Server. The Remote Support interface is user-friendly.

Cons

Some of the default settings caused scans of all machines in our networks (which is several thousand). These needed to be turned off manually on each technician machine.