Dameware Reviews

4.56/5 (210 reviews)

Jeremy Mayfield

An essential tool is every admins arsenal

Reviewed 2017-06-07

I can be connected to multiple PC's at once including servers, with full console level access. I can lock the remote mouse and keyboard. Dameware Remote Support has allowed me to be in many places at once. End user support experience is great, and server support is good as well. I can select multiple domains and setup favorite machines, for those trouble spots we all know we have. The ability to have access to the registry, logs sessions and shares and much more has enabled me countless hours saved. The licensing is good. I get to install on my desktop and laptop as one user license. It is Active Directory connected so you have easy access to every client on your network including servers. You get full console level control, plus other features like being able to from the Remote support console stop services, look at event logs and even run remote command line scripts.

Michael Menzie

Despite not giving it all 5 stars I truly love Dameware RS. I have been using it since the 90's

Reviewed 2017-08-22

lots of time savings everywhere. being able to do 90% of my workload without leaving my desk is amazingThe amount of time saved in my day by this tool is invaluable. I use the MRC mostly and daily, but the RS tools are equally valuable even if I do not use them as much. the insight I can gain from the RS tools is amazing. the ability to remove services on the fly is amazing. running remote command prompt also a time saver. I realize there are tools out there that can do all these but having them all together in one place is such a time saver. I could go on and on with what I love about these products

Jerry Langford

The BEST remote control tool there is for Windows!

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Easy of remote support. Ease of installation. Ability to see remote users desktop. Lightweight install Always running service. I have used Dameware for over 10 years now, and it is hands down, the most powerful, easiest to use, most stable remote control software there is. The MSI creation tool makes it easy to deploy. The ability to see remote screens exactly as the user does is invaluable for software troubleshooting. The speed to connect and support users is great for a tech to be more efficient and not run around all day solving minor issues that can be centrally resolved.

Brian Knox

Feature packed support platform!

Reviewed 2017-08-09

Dameware allows our support technicians to quickly connect with remote users PC's for troubleshooting and assistance. 99% of remote connections issues are easily resolved using the remove/install service option from within the Dameware console. Dameware along with its NT Utilities suite has allowed us to streamline our support process reducing trouble ticket SLA while increasing customer satisfaction. Pulls network and PC info from Active Directory. Easy to setup and customize your support experience. Support for mulitiple domains as well as connection to non AD computers. Full service portal allows Technical Support Professionals to troubleshoot and assist remote PC's with few limitations. I support multiple sites with over 300 workstations per site, Dameware is always my initial go-to software for remote support over local network as well as VPN. Hands down one of the best remote support suites I have used.

Wade Thurmon

This is a great piece of software, easy to use and full of features.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

I like the fact that I can remote into a computer very quickly, get the task finished and get out. This software makes my job less stressful. I can be "remoted" into 50 computers at the same time, if needed. (really, I've had to do this before)

Margaret Auld-Louie

Cheaper than cloud solutions but harder to use

Reviewed 2017-08-24

Less expensive remote control solutionPay once and it's yours. You don't have to keep renewing it yearly at higher and higher rates since you run it internally on your own server.

Chong Moua

Great software and beats other competitors!

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Virtual RDP, assisting users from all departments, better way to see the problem over a virtual screen, saves the long walk across the floor when an issue can be rectified within a few minutes.The ability to export your (Saved Host List) onto a .json file and migrate it to a new computer! The ability to view the entire Active Directory list of computers! The MRC Ping feature, love how we can use that ping and connect feature! The ability to set permissions required on connect for certain host of computers.

Doug Read

Easy to administer and use, a lot of bang for the buck.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

I am the one who has installed, configured, and administer DameWare Remote Support in our environment. The simplicity and ease of use of MRC and other components inside of DWRS offer a wide spectrum of tools at your disposal for remotely connecting to machines on and off your domain network through internet sessions. This is probably the most used software in our IT department, all of our users use it every single day several times a day.

Steven Bodai

Product is used in our large corporation and is a time saver with manual deployments & support.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Easily deployed to pcs which do not have the Dameware client. Great options to repair a broken Dameware clients, doesn't happen often :0) but great to have when needed. Good quality video, not much more network overhead than plain RDP but much more useful.Easily deployed to pcs which do not have the Dameware client. Great options to repair a broken Dameware clients, doesn't happen often :0) but great to have when needed. Good quality video, not much more network overhead than plain RDP but much more useful.

Lisa Haggblom

Like this software a lot

Reviewed 2017-08-22

I have a checklist of things to do upon arriving at work, and being able to do them from my workstation is far more efficient than having to do them from the server. So, Dameware has made my access to the server highly efficient and I'm more productive using it.I like that it was pretty easy to purchase, install, and update. I like the user interface, and it's easy knowing when a new version has been released (good email communication) and then to update the version (and to renew). I don't use it to access my coworkers' workstations, but just to access the server from my workstation, which is all I need. We're a small business, and if I have to see something on another workstation, it's better for me to go to it, as often there are environmental variables that should get my attention as well (say, the plant on the shelf over the workstation).

Francine Rivera-Byrne

We use Dameware to connect to our end user systems to assist them with problems helpdesk problems.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

ease of use!!We would not be able to perform our helpdesk job nearly as well without being able to connect so seamlessly. We do not have to turn remote desktop on every system which is a huge security relief. Allowing users so see what we are doing is helpful to them so that they can help themselves in the future. I love being able to view event logs easily and without interrupting the end users work flow. Easily retrieving information regarding a system status such as properties, processes, software, services etc. all in one place is extremely valuable.

Kevin Lawrence

Well, its far better than RDP, VNC, or Teamviewer. But it has room for improvement.

Reviewed 2018-02-06

It works well. I starting using the product in 2006 after we had an issue with a VNC install getting brute-forced. No more VNC for me. What led me to the product was honestly frustration with the licensing model that Team viewer uses, and also their recent hack. Team viewer makes you buy the product, every SINGLE version release. You can't buy maintenance and support in perpetuity. Yes, on domain, its a great product. You can access management tools, run remote commands, and loads of of admin functions. Fortunately they also license per tech, so that cuts down on end user fees.

Brian Bojorquez

Solid Remote Support Software

Reviewed 2017-06-07

The ability to support users remotely with minimal delay or work on the user's side. Dameware makes remote user assistance easy. Once the client is installed you have a permanent connection to the workstation until it is re-imaged. It works well with active directory avoiding the need for one time passwords. The central server aspect of this product allows multiple techs to share an organized list of clients with custom names. This avoids confusion with users that like to change systems without notifying IT. Dameware has a great integration with Solarwind's WebHelpDesk. It allows you to directly connect to a user's system from inside the help desk. Once a session has been completed it will automatically post chat logs and additional details to your help desk tickets. The install process is smooth

Stephen Doherty

We have been using Dameware for a few years now and find it extremely dependable and effective.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

This software has allowed our teams to remotely manage thousands of endpoints remotely and effectively. The cost savings which this application provides is outstanding when you compare it to other solutions and the amount of resources you would normally have to utilize in order to get the same amount of work done.We have found that the software allows us to perform many functions remotely. The features within the product also enable our teams to collaborate w/ technicians in the field. By using Dameware we are able to reduce the amount of resources utilized by managing and troubleshooting remotely. The cost of this product is also very adequate for the amount of services it provides.

Anonymous

Great software for remote support

Reviewed 2018-06-04

Very helpful to support your staff, either on remote offices or on different offices in your same building, without actually having to be present there. Dameware is easy to use, easy to install and can connect to multiple types of clients. We have been using it for several years to provide remote IT assistance to our staff, on both Windows and Mac computer (using VNC), and it is very helpful.

Cody Johnson

Easy, effective, my go-to tool for remote desktop in IT

Reviewed 2017-08-22

I use it every day for remotely connecting to computers throughout the US. It is indispensable.Seamless connections to remote devices using either domain or local credentials. Good feature set (for example, can ping the device during a reboot and automatically reconnect when it's back online) and overall smart design. No need to install anything on the client beforehand, the software does it for you at connection time if it needs to.

Sam Figueroa

Great tool for daily remote support

Reviewed 2019-05-17

Overall the software is decent, it does what I need. If they would fix the issue with losing my saved host names then I would give this a 10.What I like most about this software is it's simplicity but also has some more detailed functionality. It is easy and straightforward to connect to another server/desktop and manage that machine.

Joseph Kern

It's like I am at the workstation with the user; there's not much I can't do.

Reviewed 2017-08-23

The best remote desktop support and server support software money can buy.Universality, it really doesn't matter what group policies are enabled for remote desktop as long as there exists the ability to execute services as an administrator. The RPC ping feature is amazing as well when doing reboots of clients or servers. I really can't say how much I like that feature. Just being able to reconnect after a reboot automatically is amazing. Smart Card authentication is a much needed feature! Thanks for the addition.

Kevin Grant

very good, except for licensing

Reviewed 2017-08-22

remote administrationI like the ease of use and the quality of the product.

Rudy Fulmer

Easy to use remote software

Reviewed 2018-12-06

We use this software to offer remote support and it has been a great addition to our software library and has increased productivity since we no longer have to go in person to a majority of our service calls now that we can just remote in and take care of the issue.It has an easy to use gui that lets you find the workstations on your network and connect to them without a lot of issues. you can also do things like remote registry editing or backdoor into a workstations drives. They also offer a mobile app for you to be able to offer remote support while you are not at your desk.

Anthony Burbatt

Awesome!

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Do not run a Windows domain without this product!!It is very simple to use and works flawlessly. There is no need to install anything at the client level and almost immediately can access domain based machines. I have been using this for about 10 years and cannot imagine not having it in a Windows domain environment.

Gerad Plummer

Dameware is one of the easiest to deploy, setup and use remote desktop products.

Reviewed 2018-03-01

An easily deployed solution that allowed me and my team to remote into workstations to assist end users with issues. The thing I like most about Dameware is the ease of deployment. We have over 400 workstations and as long as you provide credentials that have admin privileges on the machine then dameware will install itself. This was a significant improvement over Teamviewer which was our previous solution.

James Hill

Survey does not work, IE or FireFox you cannot click on the stars, kinda speaks to the software.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

There are no benefits to this software anymore. There are so many other vendors with much better software that cost a lot less. Licensing model for this software is the worst. We are differently looking at other software and will make the change as soon as possible. This goes for our other SolarWinds software too. No support, no updates, no fixes, just a phone call every month on buying stupid add-ons or lets renew 2 years early and save 10%. OMG just stop. Not much now-a-days. Since SolarWinds took over the software the software has lost all development. SolarWinds only goal with this software is to make money. They do not support it, to not take suggestions, and do not fix the problems that still plague the software since the day they took over.

Brian Tuffs

Love Dameware!

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Super easy to log into any computer on my network. I'm constantly using it to fix minor email issues as well as setting up computers/servers without having to go physically to the computer(s). Love being able to lock the mouse/keyboard so the user doesn't try to keep typing while I'm fixing something. I also like the View Only button so I don't move their mouse around while they are finishing up something before I take over.

John Vogel

Powerful remote desktop management

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Quickly troubleshoot remote desktops with this software. You will recover your costs quickly with saved time with this software.I like the speed and ease of using this software. It has saved us hundreds of hours by giving us a quick tool to troubleshoot end user issues without having to go onsite. It's more than just a remote desktop connection, you get multiple authentication options and can maintain connects, sign in/out, etc. all while staying connected to the remote computer.