Google Classroom Logo

Google Classroom

Teaching and learning collaboration for teachers & students

Google Classroom Reviews

User ratings

4.6

2.1K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.92/10

See full reviews by rating

I appreciate the ease of setting up Google classroom and the variety of tools available. It is a great way to keep the class connected as a learning community and help them stay organized.
Google Classroom has been a lifesaver for me as an educator. I enjoy implementing technology into my classroom and Google Classroom served as an efficient platform to do that for my students.
I liked that Google Classroom was easy to use and navigate. It had a lot of great functionality and made our young daughter's online school experience a good one.
The problem is that it's hard to spot actual messages from teachers in that sea of unread notifications. There are also issues with being unable to tell whether work was submitted.
Another problem that could make lecturers feel uncomfortable is that the assignments distributed to the students may be re-edited by themselves, which is unacceptable.
So if accidentally any part of the assignment gets deleted then it creates a problem for other students as well.

2,151 reviews

Andrew R P.

Director of Family Ministries

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Excellent LMS for Beginners; Power-Users will need more

Transcript

Andrew P.: I'm Andrew. I'm a director of Family Ministries. I give Google Classroom four out of five...

BO

Brianna O.

Tutor

E-Learning, self-employed

My Experience with Google Classroom

Transcript

Brianna O.: Hello, my name is Brianna. I'm a student and tutor. I get Google Classroom a three out of...

Avash K.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Simple and Easy solution for Online Teaching/Learning

After the pandemic, most schools have started teaching online. As our company has some schools as clients - we have suggested Google Classroom as one part of online schooling. It's not a complete Learning Management System (LMS) but is a powerful and easy-to-use tool that makes the online teaching and learning process easier. I highly recommend Google Classroom to anyone looking for a simple application to make the online teaching-learning process easier but one shouldn't expect it to cater to all needs.

Pros

The best thing about Google Classroom is that it's free. Another great thing about Google Classroom is that it belongs and so is connected to Google Ecosystem thus making sharing documents or classroom slides easy through Google Docs and Google Slides etc. We can also import files directly from Google Drive. Another good thing about Google Classroom is that it's accessible from any device - iPhone, Android, Laptops - Anything as its website is responsive and fits easily in any display size. Also due to its simple and intuitive User Interface (UI) - it's easy to start using it even if one doesn't have a tech background. I also like that announcements, homework reminders, etc are emailed to students automatically.

Cons

The only thing I don't like much about Google Classroom is its completeness. Google has created many software which are exceptional at what they do and offers all features that one might need while using its software. But that's not the case with Google Classroom as its not a complete Learning Management System (LMS) like Blackboard. Google Classroom is usable on any kind of device however, I have found that some features aren't available in the mobile application (Android) but that's okay as its the same with almost all softwares

Chamroeunrith C.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Google Classroom best platform for Distance Learning

well, I can recommend google classroom for teacher who use for distance learning with student during covid situations. teacher not require high knowledge to use google classroom. also student are able to get their lesson and material faster than moodle.

Pros

- fully integrated with the Google Features such as video, lesson, track answer, integrated to assignment as well. - work on all devices, smart phone, laptop, chrome book etc. easy for student to use. - Integrated with meeting as well for live training. - Live record with meeting and integrated to google classroom.

Cons

- less features than moodle, moodle can customized the detail features than google classroom.

Ari R.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Best app for training courses

It's the only platform I use for my business. I used to use Edmodo, but they've shut off operations and I thought it was a bit cluttered. Google Classroom is just easier to use and very straight forward without many features that just confuse students. It's really perfect.

Pros

Easy to deploy (anyone with a Gmail account can join); The UI is really great; It's very easy to use and understand how it works; Ease of communication between the students and the instructor; Easy to share any type of file. Great integration on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android.

Cons

I haven't been able to find anything I don't like about it yet.

GL

Gustavo L.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Evaluando al maestro en el Classroom....

Pros

Tiene mucha practicidad y sencillez para.manipular aspectos de evaluación y de cursos, es un software que tiene un nivel óptimo para que cualquier usuario o persona pueda trabajar en la plataforma, además es competitivo a nivel mercado con otros productos lo que lo hace un buen candidato para usarlo y desarrollarlo

Cons

Hasta cierto aspecto puede ser un tanto aburrido o plano la forma en la que su interface se presenta al usuario, podría tener mayor amplitud para utilizarlo de forma más intuitivo para cualquier usuario que nunca había trabajado en este software y ello le genere una experiencia nueva y única a diferencia de otras plataformas similares.

FM

Fernando Matías C.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Clase online simple y rápida

Herramienta simple y ágil para el dictado de nuestros diferentes cursos online. El perfecto encastre con las demás herramientas del mundo Google lo hace una herramienta simple pero muy potente. Podría mejorar más características (principakmente, a lo relacionado con la usabilidad), pero no deja de ser un buen producto.

Pros

Simplicidad en su operatividad. Cuenta con la posibilidad de embeberse eficientemente a las demás herramientas del ecosistema de Google. Cuenta con una app que permite brindar la misma plataforma, pero en la comodidad de nuestro teléfono.

Cons

Las últimas publicaciones se presentan de manera descendente, por lo que puede llegar a ser complicado la tarea de localizar una tarea puntual, particularmente en las clases que cuentan con muchas tareas. No cuenta con buscador en la sección de la pantalla principal.

FC

Florencia C.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Sistema para la creación y administración de cursos

es una gran herramienta para el flujo de comunicacion entre el docente y el alumno. poder realizar tareas para que sean entregadas en el momento de la clase.

Pros

Tiene la ventaja de ser una herramienta de google, lo cual facilita compartila con otras aplicaciones de la misma. lo cual ayuda al flujo constante de comunicacion y educacion. facilita tambien a orgazinar y darle agilidad a las clases, lo cual el profesor puede realizar tareas y ser resueltas por los alumnos en el momento.

Cons

una de las deventajs que tiene es que no se actualiza acutamicamente. opciones de integracion limitadas y dificultad para realizar ediciones.

Facundo A.

Architecture & Planning, 10,001+ employees

Evaluando Google Classroom

Mi experiencia fue turbulenta, ya que conocí Classroom, en una de las épocas más trágicas de mi vida. Pero agradezco su existencia, puesto que me permitió seguir avanzando, y no perder tiempo valioso destinado a mi formación.Este software marcó un antes y un después en la enseñanza virtual, asincrónica y remota. Me dio la posibilidad de seguir, desde mi hogar, y no atrazar.

Pros

Lo más interesante de Classroom, fue poder seguir cursando mi carrera, a pesar de estar confinado en mi hogar debido a la pandemia del COVID-19. Ha sido realmente grato poder tener una plataforma tan útil, donde seguir en contacto con mis compañeros, profesores y avanzando en la carrera que elegí.

Cons

Al ser un software nuevo, que se vio forzado a establecerse en tiempo récord en el sistema educativo a nivel mundial, tiene sus fallas. Estas son, el sistema de evaluación, la disposición de la información en el tablón, y la estructura de las clases y como se sincronizan con las cuentas de correo.Pero en sí, en el tiempo que tuvieron, nos han dado la posibilidad de no quedarnos varados, y poder seguir avanzando en nuestros estudios.

CF

Clarissa F.

Consumer Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Learn Things Using Google Classroom

If I can just personally thanks those people behind this software, I will do. This software made me able to finish my K12 since the pandemic starter. I learned every lesson virtually, and I can say that, I am drinking the knowledge virtually and also safe because I am not going outside.

Pros

I like the most here on Google Classroom is that, it became a way to each and everyone that even though they are on their home, they got to learn lessons and trainings using google classroom virtually. It is very handy because even people who do not have their own laptop or desktop can just actually use their mobile phone to attend class or training.

Cons

None, I like this software very much. It's been a huge help for me when I was just 18 years old and studying.

GZ

Gael Zabdiel C.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Google ayudando a muchos con la educacion virtual

Es la plataforma sencilla de usar, los maestros u docentes pueden usarlo para implementar trabajos en linea o para conferencias grupales con los alumnos

Pros

Como es un servicio relacionado con Google, puedes usar una cuenta de Google o de plataformas externas para tener facil acceso a los servicios de la misma, ademas que esta plataforma es de uso sencillo para jovenes y niños, o personas con bajo aprendizaje tecnologico

Cons

Las versiones moviles de classroom no permiten enviar archivos grandes (mayor de 100mb).

Esperanza A.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Gracias a Google Clasroom los profesores somos mas felices

Bueno lo uso desde hace dos años desde que se inicio la pandemia, al inicio me costo como a muchos pero ahora ya es mas fácil y me permite no solo dictar sino evaluar y ah usar dispositivos que permitan enriquecer la clase

Pros

Es rápido, fácil y funcional para el dictado de clases, evaluar medir y enriquecer la clase de mis alumnos.

Cons

Al inicio nos costo pero gracias a que me enseñaron el uso, me fue mejor y ahora lo manejo fácilmente.

JV

Jaime Valeriano R.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

A Review about Google Classroom of a University Education Student

Pros

What I like the most about this application or website is how easy for us to use as a student and as a teacher, since I am able to navigate it as a teacher sometimes as a part of our activity before in a course that is related to educational technology. It has a beginner friendly interface that is why even those people who are not that tech-savvy can actually handle it. Since I also know professors...

Cons

Actually, google classroom is almost perfect application for me. However, I think there are some features that they may add so that the learning experiences of students and the teaching experiences of teachers will be seamless. First recommendation is that they should have something like in Canva which shows the students their progress in the course like maybe a percentage. Lastly, there should be also a tab where we can see the overall grades in the course since we students are in need to read back everything just to keep track of our grades.

Google Classroom as our LMS / Virtual Classroom

Pros

The most notable feature of this application is its free of use given the fact that our institution is a public one. The tracking system of the students progress is amazing!. The creation of classroom and delivering the codes and link to the students is excellent. The upload and viewing of learning resources is another strength of this platform. It also has the capability of integrating the different product and services of google. Overall, this platform is highly recommended for starter pack especially to those institution with tight budget.

Cons

The things that needs to be improved on this product is the assessment features wherein the checking of files and learners outputs is quite hard to view which sometimes leads to automatic downloads. It resulted to consume a lot of storage on my device. Another, things that needs to be improve is the pre-requisite features which requires the students to accomplish a certain topics before opening one. Lastly, is the monitoring of students access to verify whether they actually reading or doing their assignment on their own.

NC

Nick C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Back to School

We have had to adapt more to changing technology in the past 2 years than we did in the decade prior. With the protocols brought on by COVID, we had to shift towards more virtual work than in person. In doing that, our staff and even our clientele have become fairly proficient in the concept of telehealth, virtual meetings, and other methods of communication outside of in-person visits. I believe this...

Pros

The best part about Google Classroom for our organization is the ability it gives us to have interactive groups and classes with clients that are geographically spread out. Rather than attempt to build a large facility in a single location, our company's strategic vision was to use multiple locations spread out in several counties so that our clients' access to employment and care would be increased....

Cons

We have some minor issues from time to time, but they are almost exclusively due to the fact that this software is tailored to educators, not mental health counselors. If it works this well for a population that isn't the target population, I can only imagine how effective it is for actual teachers and professors.

SF

Shazia F.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Google Classroom, with various integration options, is the top-notch product in the LMS industry

We have been using Google Classroom since 3 years due to the COVID pandemic and my experience with this product has been excellent so far. It has helped us a lot in keeping track of my students' progress and has become an essential tool for us in imparting education to my students due to this pandemic. It is an easy-to-use cloud-based LMS solution so one can access Google Classroom through the browser without downloading anything. Google Classroom has provided us with excellent ROI. With the implementation of Google Classroom, students' grades have improved a great deal.

Pros

The feature of Google Classroom that I like the most is the easy-to-use, user-friendly and attractive user interface. Another favourable feature is that this platform is totally cloud-based and so it works on any browser. Google Classroom has various features for keeping my students interactive and engaged in my classes. The most helpful feature of Google Classroom is the ability to link a Google Doc...

Cons

One feature that Google Classroom is missing is the attendance marking feature. This feature is available in most of the competitor's products and so it might be a downside for those who are considering this product. When the stream is updated from the teacher's side, it does not immediately show up on the students' side. They will have to reload the page to view the updated stream which is a bit painful somehow.

JC

Joshua C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Google Classroom Changed my Teaching (for the better)

Overall, I love the ability to organize materials and assignments in a central place, by class, that students know to check for information. I can post links to videos and additional resources for extension activities that proves invaluable.

Pros

Ever since I switched to using Google Classroom as a primary classroom management system, my teaching life has been made so much simpler. While it was essential for running a virtual classroom during distance learning, I have found it just as useful as students returned to class. The ability to post all assignments in a central space that students are used to looking at means that I almost never hear the dreaded, "What did we do while I was absent?" question. Students who are absent know to check Google Classroom first. It also integrates nicely into our district's grading software, Synergy.

Cons

One drawback to the software is that it requires students to have a device of their own. In my district, students each have their own device that they take home, but if that is not the case, then it severely hampers the usefulness of Google Classroom.

AP

Aniket P.

Research, 51-200 employees

Google Classroom: The Modern Virtual Classroom

I have used Google Classroom both as a student and as a teaching assistant. The features I thought that lacked as a student, were in-fact present beforehand which the teachers were forgetting to do, such as properly labelling posts/assignments, and arranging every student's grade in the application in itself. This basically implies that there is a learning curve to the application and is not as straightforward, which is due to the multitude of features present in the application.

Pros

Classroom makes it easy for teachers to create their classrooms and manage students in it. Counter-intuitively, it is extremely easy for students to register into their preferred classrooms. The administrators can add multiple teachers (teaching assistants) to help the main teacher help with managing the classroom. One can also sync the Classroom with a lot of apps from the Google Suite, such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Meet.

Cons

Google Classroom currently lacks a search bar to search for appropriate post/assignment. This makes it difficult to search through the timeline for a post, unless it is appropriately labelled, which is usually forgotten by the teacher/instructor.

LV

Lena V.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Google Classroom is a Must Have

Google classroom is a must have software especially during times of illness. It allows us to have full communication with our team and class from anywhere at anytime. So my child can learn from her bedroom live with her class, and be able to see the teachers screen as they are learning. I am able to share training with my team and have them interact on their end while communicating with each other. I am also able to live broadcast to our clients. This gives them peace of mind and offers a professional atmosphere for everyone. I highly recommend this software if you need to teach/learn or meet with a team of people without a physical meeting space.

Pros

I like the ability to meet and collaborate anywhere, anytime, and on almost any platform. It has all the functionality and features needed to learn and share information easily with live interaction.

Cons

Like most Google software, it doesn’t have many flaws.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Web Classroom - Google Classroom

If you've read my entire post and want a brief overview of Google Classroom, my answer is: Great! It is a worthwhile and successful application. I recommend it to those who haven't tried it.

Pros

Basically using Google products is very easy. People get used to the use quickly. An easy to use and very powerful app in Google Classroom. Whether you use Google apps or not, you get used to the interface immediately. In addition, it offers you very useful tools. In the current period, distance education has gained great importance. In this process, we have used Google Classroom in many of our schools and we are very happy with the results. Our teachers use it seamlessly with their students. Assignments, course materials, exams are sent through this application. In addition, if your teachers know how to use Google Docs, Google Classroom supports Google Docs. You can share/send spreadsheets, e-documents, presentations within Google Classroom.

Cons

We have several possibilities that the app can improve. Interface should be customized according to classes. For example, middle school and high school students see the same design interface. As you can imagine, the expectations of the two levels may differ. For middle school students, homework is more important, while for high school students, exams are more important. Even this view may differ from school to school, from curriculum to curriculum. Teachers should be able to assign the same assignment to more than one class. Students should be able to receive notifications if they do not do their homework or are incomplete.

SM Iftekhar S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

A great platform for managing online education system..

Overall, I love to use this software as my daily driver. It saves my time & helps me to manage my studies in this pandemic effectively.

Pros

This software has almost everything that is required to conduct the course online. Our faculties can do Assigning courses, assignments, quizzes, share their class notes & attachments easily on this software. It has a great notification system for smartphones thus student doesn't miss out any important topic. It can also integrate many features from google service & our lecturer love this media more than other available alternatives. It has a clean UI & I love it personally.

Cons

I don't find any cons for this software. But the software would be self-sufficient if it integrates a group calling feature for conducting classes like the Microsoft team.

AT

ALEXI T.

E-Learning, 10,001+ employees

A Product That Gets the Job Done but is Frustrating at Times

I solved the complicated implementation of other software by using Google Classroom. Although there are still many problems with the mobile and tablet applications for the service, it remains an easier choice. I would advise all student-facing personnel to reassure them at the beginning of class that if bugs are encountered to take it easy and send missing homework or exam material by email. Try to be nice and understanding as your life does not depend on it.

Pros

I believe the most important element of Google Classroom is its ease of implementation when your institution uses Google Workspace products and services. It only takes a couple of clicks to deploy or archive a classroom, let alone adding students via their name or school-issued email address.

Cons

It should not come as a shocker that some of the pro's such as low-cost and easy of implementation both attract a degree of customization, SLA and reporting that is not at the level of other classroom management services such as Moodle. However, if the deployment is relatively small (let's say under 5000 students) with rather simple assignments and instructions, then it becomes a no-brainer.

RR

Ross R.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

They Continue to Improve

I absolutely am all in on Google Classroom and the way it continues to add features. Its integration with Google Meet makes it simple for students to remotely join a class. Google must have teachers onboard in their design of the software as it does everything that a teacher could ask for and does it simply.

Pros

Google Classroom is easy to use, intuitive, powerful, and continues to improve. Creating classes is very simple. It integrates with Gmail allowing student names to populate the "add student" box speeding up the addition of students to a class. Once a student is entered, parents and guardians can be added giving them access to weekly reports. Additionally, when those same students are added to other...

Cons

We do not make use of the grading component but not necessarily because it is bad but rather because we are able to integrate Classroom into our SIS, Gradelink. Occasionally a recorded Google Meet created from within Classroom is mysteriously "owned" by a student rather than the teacher of the class making it hard to share with other students.. This does not happen very often but it is inconvenient when it happens and it likely not a fault of Classroom.

Education Management, self-employed

Importance Google classroom

Google classroom solved number of tasks for each class of different subjects. It helps alot during covid 19.

Pros

It provides most of features which I need for solving my daily bases Task for my classes. I can take attendence. I cna share notes and handouts. I can take quiz during time with record of time, answers etc.

Cons

Limited space is a big issue. Another missing feature is that we cannot take print of quiz form like a ms word. The pdf version needs alot of pages.

AM

Abdelrahman M.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Google Classroom is just the perfect learning alternative during the pandemic

I didn't use about Google Classroom before the pandemic, but after it came and my college had to shut down, we used it as an alternative, and It really provided an unexpected perfect educational environment that made it so close to physically attending to my lectures.

Pros

The best thing I like about Classroom is that it provides a stable connection for the classes, as well as being very user friendly environment and straight to the point. I also really loved the fact that it constantly reminds you of the upcoming work due dates. And it also has a calendar to keep you updated with everything within your courses. I liked that its well organized, as there is are three...

Cons

The only thing I find disturbing is that when people talk in the stream section (or the discussion section), messages get mixed up between teachers and classmates, It would be much better if it had two columns within the stream section, one for students messages, and the other for teachers. Other than that, my experience with Google Classroom is so good.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Sería perfecto si no fuera por esto...

Aunque es muy simple no es funcional al 100%. Este es mi experiencia: Los usuarios (alumnos) deben de subir evidencia de que han realizado su trabajo o tarea, el problema es que debes de sacar una foto, el niño tiene que sacar la foto con el celular o cámara, subirla a drive, a su computadora y de ahí a classroom. ¿Cuantos pasos tuvo el alumno que hacer extra? --> 3 o 4 esto si ya sabe cómo hacerlo,...

Pros

Es muy fácil de implementar, es recomendado por muchos usuarios. Tiene compatibilidad con muchas herramientas de Google. Y a veces parece ser muy intuitivo. Es fácil.

Cons

No es funcional al 100%. Tienes que realizar más procedimientos para subir tareas. Ejemplo: Tomar foto, enviar foto a computadora o subir a drive, subir archivo, subir archivo a drive. Si es escanear un archivo aumenta un paso más. Google supone que todo el mundo tiene acceso 100% a la tecnología y a recursos tecnológicos. Se pierde tiempo en subir los archivos.

Kyle Y.

Motion Pictures and Film, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Save Paper With Google Classroom

Google Classroom is an amazing modern tool for all teachers. Its interface allows for easier communication with student and teachers and more convenient school and homework. As a middle school and high school student, I really appreciated having access to these tools that didn't exist a couple of years before then. And with the following years, I hope to see more features added to Google Classroom.

Pros

Google Classroom has been a stable feature of my middle school and high school career. Almost every teacher in the school used Google Classroom as a way to make it easier for us students to turn in assignments and for us to transition into a newer more convenient way to get school and homework done. What I really like about Google Classroom is its simplicity. In conjunction with Google Docs, Slides,...

Cons

Like most of the Google softwares, Classroom does not need much to improve upon. I suppose Google could add a dark mode if they haven't already. I haven't used Google Classroom on my phone but if they don't have this feature, they should add notifications for when your assignment is about to be due. Personally I don't have any issues with Google Classroom except its design. I feel like it could change...