Google Classroom Logo

Google Classroom

Teaching and learning collaboration for teachers & students

Google Classroom Reviews

4.6

2.7K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.91/10

Reviews by rating

As we can use it on Mobiles and our all devices and User friendly platform gives us the best experience ,Grading and feedback is the option that i like the most.
The thing I liked most about Google Classroom is that it is a comprehensive and easy-to-use learning management system (LMS) that is suitable for both teachers and students of all ages.
Love that I can invite my candidates to join in my classrooms where I can teach them the importance of customer service and how to approach them.
The problem is that it's hard to spot actual messages from teachers in that sea of unread notifications. There are also issues with being unable to tell whether work was submitted.
Another problem that could make lecturers feel uncomfortable is that the assignments distributed to the students may be re-edited by themselves, which is unacceptable.
So if accidentally any part of the assignment gets deleted then it creates a problem for other students as well.

2,710 reviews

Ali P.

Customer advisor

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Google Classroom Review: Amazing tool for all teachers and students

Transcript

Ali A.: Hi, I'm Ali. I used Google Classroom for around four years before I stopped being an English...

Andrew R P.

Director of Children's Ministires

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Excellent LMS for Beginners; Power-Users will need more

Transcript

Andrew P.: I'm Andrew. I'm a director of Family Ministries. I give Google Classroom four out of five...

Avash K.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Simple and Easy solution for Online Teaching/Learning

After the pandemic, most schools have started teaching online. As our company has some schools as clients - we have suggested Google Classroom as one part of online schooling. It's not a complete Learning Management System (LMS) but is a powerful and easy-to-use tool that makes the online teaching and learning process easier. I highly recommend Google Classroom to anyone looking for a simple application to make the online teaching-learning process easier but one shouldn't expect it to cater to all needs.

Pros

The best thing about Google Classroom is that it's free. Another great thing about Google Classroom is that it belongs and so is connected to Google Ecosystem thus making sharing documents or classroom slides easy through Google Docs and Google Slides etc. We can also import files directly from Google Drive. Another good thing about Google Classroom is that it's accessible from any device - iPhone, Android, Laptops - Anything as its website is responsive and fits easily in any display size. Also due to its simple and intuitive User Interface (UI) - it's easy to start using it even if one doesn't have a tech background. I also like that announcements, homework reminders, etc are emailed to students automatically.

Cons

The only thing I don't like much about Google Classroom is its completeness. Google has created many software which are exceptional at what they do and offers all features that one might need while using its software. But that's not the case with Google Classroom as its not a complete Learning Management System (LMS) like Blackboard. Google Classroom is usable on any kind of device however, I have found that some features aren't available in the mobile application (Android) but that's okay as its the same with almost all softwares

Kevin M.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

A great online classroom

I have to say that I am impressed with the Google classroom and what its able to do. With the current state of everyone being home online classrooms became a must have. While I did have access to more advance CMS that are structured for an education being pressed for time I chose to use Google Classroom. I now have about three classes online with a total of 50 students and I can say that Google classroom helps a lot with the day to day tasks when it came to teaching and providing assignments. Student we able to join and with some minor issues they were also able to upload their work. The great thing is that its accessible on both PC and Mobile so it can cater to more students.

Pros

The interface is sleek as with most Google designs. The lay out is simple and you can easily find everything you need to set up your classroom. Since I had three separate classes, I was able to configure each separately adding students via the provided invite code that can be generated by the classroom. Work and assignments can be easily structured for use by students and I love how Google gives you a dedicated Google Drive for storing uploaded classroom content. This accommodates all types of documents and media. There is also integration with YouTube which means students can watch videos from the classroom. I can give assignments and students can also upload their projects. As a basic educational tool Google Classroom is great.

Cons

The biggest downside is that it is too basic and lacks some extra features or some of the features implemented are limited. Maybe this is part of Google concept where all services are separated into apps in their G-Suite, but it can be annoying having a conference call with students, then switching to the classroom, then having to switch to the whiteboard. If all these services where integrated, it would make life a lot better. Also, there a few features that you will have to search online for instructions. Student notifications only work when new content is added. It you correct errors or made upgrades you will need to manually alert your students.

JG

Julia G.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Google Classroom rocks!

Using Google Classroom for e-learning and video conferencing with students lets the teacher focus on the lesson more because it's just seamless and efficient to integrate in day-to-day synchronous classes!

Pros

I like its UI than any other video conferencing/e-learning software, and its scheme which just makes me (and my students) feel like we are in a real teaching setting.

Cons

I wish the developers would add more features that are more classroom-friendly, student-friendly, and teacher-friendly too.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Google classroom review

Well expect for the video size, all features are great. Also much more user friendly

Pros

Well it makes sharing contents and assignments easily

Cons

Well the screen area can be made big. Just like zoom app

AP

Aayush P.

Design, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Empowering Seamless Virtual Learning Experiences

My overall experience with Google Classroom has been highly positive. It offers a seamless and intuitive platform for both educators and students to engage in virtual learning.

Pros

The most impressive aspect of Google Classroom is its seamless integration of essential features like virtual classrooms, file sharing, and real-time communication tools, all within an intuitive and user-friendly platform. It promotes collaboration, engagement, and efficient teaching practices in a digital learning environment.

Cons

While Google Classroom offers a robust set of features, one potential drawback is the limited customization options for educators in terms of grading and assessment. Some users may find the grading interface somewhat rigid and may desire more flexibility in tailoring assessments to their specific teaching methodologies.

MU

Marcos U.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

All the answers one needs

Pros

Fast easy and all at your control many platforms to communication

Cons

Loading time if not connected to same or decent wifi it can lag

VJ

VIVEKANAND J.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Review on Google Classroom

Although every technology has it.s own merits and demerits but if it is used wisely it is better for excellent output. So I advise and recommend for it.s use also as serious students along with their serious parents can be benefitted it.s utility at large.

Pros

It is one of the most user-friendly, mobile-friendly, free-to-use, paperless app which enables teacher and learners to bring on a common technological platform. It also enables students to attend the classroom if they are away from class due to some reason from any remote place with very ease.

Cons

There is a need for a smartphone with high data usage which is little bit of costly as far as students from rural and agricultural background is concerned. Although it is the best platform but connectivity, fast internet availability issue will be there. Again, it is difficult to monitor the usage of mobile by children if parents are not intervened for high usage as use will be more and students are addicted to the mobile. Apart from this students will not be more attentive as they close their camera and sit aside doing their own work.

SK

Sumit K.

E-Learning, self-employed

Streamline education

Versatile, user friendly platform that simplifies many aspects of teaching and learning

Pros

What i appreciate Google classroom is it's seamless integration with Google apps, streamlining assignment management, communication and collaboration in an organised digital environment, ultimately enhancing the teaching and learning experience

Cons

Learning curve for both teachers and students who are new to platform, requiring initial training and adjustment to fully utilize it's feature effectively

VL

Via Laine L.

Government Relations, 51-200 employees

CONVINIENT AND EASY TO USE

Nowadays because of super hot weather a lot of schools decided to temporarily provide online learning system. Google Classroom is convenient to them as it is easy to download and use. It has a simple features that you can enjoy.

Pros

it is convinient especially for student in this time of pandemic.

Cons

sometimes there’s a problem using that application

RR

Renata R.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Google Classroom Experience

In general, it is an excellent experience, as I can access and publish various materials and activities for the course, and make it available to students after the course, ease in creating and editing classes, offering the course online in real time, as many available tools.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to access, how practical it is to use and implement on a daily basis, good data sharing, integration with Google tools.

Cons

Some errors that are overcome over time such as: When leaving the platform, sometimes there is an access error when returning.

LT

Lucas T.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Google Classroom for the Digital Educator

My overall experience has been very positive. It's made facilitating classes much easier, and has allowed students to do more work when it's the best timing for them. In our specialized school we deal with a lot of absenteeism, and Classroom helps to manage that issue much better than what I was using before.

Pros

I like that it is compatible with the Google Suite software. I can make an assignment for students on Classroom, then link any materials needed for the assignment that may be saved in my Drive or Docs. I can create digital assignments and assessments using Docs and Forms, and attach any materials or spreadsheets. It's easy to add links or videos to assignments as well. There are also many Add-Ons that compliment Classroom making it easier to facilitate. Students like that it is all digital and they can access everything they need from where ever they might be.

Cons

I don't like that grading doesn't carry over to the Classroom Grading area from assessments or assignments made using Google Forms if you attach anything to the assignment in addition to the Form.

LV

Lena V.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Google Classroom is a Must Have

Google classroom is a must have software especially during times of illness. It allows us to have full communication with our team and class from anywhere at anytime. So my child can learn from her bedroom live with her class, and be able to see the teachers screen as they are learning. I am able to share training with my team and have them interact on their end while communicating with each other. I am also able to live broadcast to our clients. This gives them peace of mind and offers a professional atmosphere for everyone. I highly recommend this software if you need to teach/learn or meet with a team of people without a physical meeting space.

Pros

I like the ability to meet and collaborate anywhere, anytime, and on almost any platform. It has all the functionality and features needed to learn and share information easily with live interaction.

Cons

Like most Google software, it doesn’t have many flaws.

SF

Shazia F.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Google Classroom, with various integration options, is the top-notch product in the LMS industry

We have been using Google Classroom since 3 years due to the COVID pandemic and my experience with this product has been excellent so far. It has helped us a lot in keeping track of my students' progress and has become an essential tool for us in imparting education to my students due to this pandemic. It is an easy-to-use cloud-based LMS solution so one can access Google Classroom through the browser without downloading anything. Google Classroom has provided us with excellent ROI. With the implementation of Google Classroom, students' grades have improved a great deal.

Pros

The feature of Google Classroom that I like the most is the easy-to-use, user-friendly and attractive user interface. Another favourable feature is that this platform is totally cloud-based and so it works on any browser. Google Classroom has various features for keeping my students interactive and engaged in my classes. The most helpful feature of Google Classroom is the ability to link a Google Doc...

Cons

One feature that Google Classroom is missing is the attendance marking feature. This feature is available in most of the competitor's products and so it might be a downside for those who are considering this product. When the stream is updated from the teacher's side, it does not immediately show up on the students' side. They will have to reload the page to view the updated stream which is a bit painful somehow.

Ak

Ajay kumar G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Best free Virtual Classroom for Students

Basically I am a Full Stack Developer. I am using Google Classroom more than 5 years start from my collage days for submitting my class assignments, records and online classes at COVID Time. Acutely it's very more fun and very interesting platform the main thing it's completely free. Now I am conducting more classes in online for Juniors using Google Classroom and getting more document from google classroom. It's really very useful for all Organizations.

Pros

The main reason for I am using Google Classroom for Virtual Classroom, Record management, Assignment submission and Chat with my friends. Really Google Classroom very comfortable for above point outed features and second thing these all features are completely free So, it is very useful for students and School, College Organizations.

Cons

I am very comfortable with all features apart from the Document submission. Because I can't able to upload document directly. You want to send document first need to upload document in to the google drive. Some time I am facing more struggle uploading the document to google dive. It's Just my side Opinion other wise Google Classroom very comfortable for me and my friends.

JC

John C.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Google Classroom is a must for today's classroom

I have been using Google Classroom in my middle and high school classrooms since its early beta stage. I can tell you with 6 different preps in a school day, this is a great way to keep myself and my students organized and on task.

Pros

Google Classroom is a great platform to use for setting up your daily activities in the classroom. It is used to put out information to your students, allows for collaboration as students complete their assignments, and allows for easy assignment submission. Although not a full course management systems - it operates as and contains the major functions of one in an easy to use format. Works across all platforms, especially great with the Google environment for Chromebooks that seem to be the device of choice in many school districts.

Cons

Google is updating their software frequently - which is good, but sometimes the changes are not announced ahead of time or in a way that prepares you or the student in advance to the change.

FT

Faiyaz T.

Design, 1-10 employees

A decent E-Learning software!

As its in the google ecosystem, Google's Conference software,'Google Meet' is being used to monitor the students. The assignment can be properly distributed to the students. Teachers can share their screen and also can share their whiteboard display!

Pros

In this recent Pandemic situation, the whole world has almost taken a pause. But as Education can't be left apart, softwares like Google Classroom has become very efficient and handy for conducting Classes and counciling of students. Google Classroom is literally a great app powered by Google's ecosystem. The Assignments and classworks can be easily done. Teachers and students can easily solve the problems in an easy manner! The interface is good. Navigation is also smooth. Overall its a very powerfull multi platform supported app.

Cons

Basically there aren't any major issues but when the number of students get more than 50, the shared documents might be hard to control. There is lack of Online Polls and Quizes. But it might get added after some developments.

Ari R.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Best app for training courses

It's the only platform I use for my business. I used to use Edmodo, but they've shut off operations and I thought it was a bit cluttered. Google Classroom is just easier to use and very straight forward without many features that just confuse students. It's really perfect.

Pros

Easy to deploy (anyone with a Gmail account can join); The UI is really great; It's very easy to use and understand how it works; Ease of communication between the students and the instructor; Easy to share any type of file. Great integration on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android.

Cons

I haven't been able to find anything I don't like about it yet.

GF

Gustavo F.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Your best companion during your studies

Google Classroom has become an essential part of my graduation. The ease and speed with which teachers can post assignments, reading materials and classes, in addition to the interaction between students and teachers, make Google Classroom a great ally of our studies, and its relevance is even more evident in these times of social detachment and quarantine.

Pros

With Google Classroom, teachers are able to easily offer their students new study strategies and track each student’s progress in detail. In just a few steps it is possible to send reading materials, recorded lessons and assignments to all students that can be completed through Google Forms. The students' answers can be easily accessed and also easily transformed into data capable of showing the performance of the room and the questions that offered the greatest difficulty. For students, this teaching platform allows quick interaction with teachers and classmates, who can post comments and questions publicly or privately, in addition to being able to receive individualized feedback from teachers.

Cons

Even with all its qualities, Google Classroom has some technical flaws that do not make any of its features unfeasible, but that can make them less intuitive. Viewing videos posted by teachers depends on integration with the Google Drive platform, and this communication may be flawed on mobile devices. It is common for the video preview to close when Google Drive is started automatically, and it is necessary to reselect the video in Google Classroom to start it in Google Drive. Another, less common but equally frustrating flaw is the lack of notification for some tasks that are approaching the deadline.

AM

Abdelrahman M.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Google Classroom is just the perfect learning alternative during the pandemic

I didn't use about Google Classroom before the pandemic, but after it came and my college had to shut down, we used it as an alternative, and It really provided an unexpected perfect educational environment that made it so close to physically attending to my lectures.

Pros

The best thing I like about Classroom is that it provides a stable connection for the classes, as well as being very user friendly environment and straight to the point. I also really loved the fact that it constantly reminds you of the upcoming work due dates. And it also has a calendar to keep you updated with everything within your courses. I liked that its well organized, as there is are three...

Cons

The only thing I find disturbing is that when people talk in the stream section (or the discussion section), messages get mixed up between teachers and classmates, It would be much better if it had two columns within the stream section, one for students messages, and the other for teachers. Other than that, my experience with Google Classroom is so good.

JV

Jaime Valeriano R.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

A Review about Google Classroom of a University Education Student

Pros

What I like the most about this application or website is how easy for us to use as a student and as a teacher, since I am able to navigate it as a teacher sometimes as a part of our activity before in a course that is related to educational technology. It has a beginner friendly interface that is why even those people who are not that tech-savvy can actually handle it. Since I also know professors...

Cons

Actually, google classroom is almost perfect application for me. However, I think there are some features that they may add so that the learning experiences of students and the teaching experiences of teachers will be seamless. First recommendation is that they should have something like in Canva which shows the students their progress in the course like maybe a percentage. Lastly, there should be also a tab where we can see the overall grades in the course since we students are in need to read back everything just to keep track of our grades.

ds

dhananjay s.

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

"Exploring the Features of Google Classroom: A Reliable and User-Friendly Platform for Enabling Onli

In general, users have had a positive experience with Google Classroom, citing its ease of use, communication and collaboration features, and simplified management of online classrooms and assignments. Integration with other Google apps has also been lauded as a powerful tool for creating and sharing educational content. Although there have been some reported limitations with customization options, integration with third-party tools, and communication features, these issues are relatively minor compared to the platform's numerous benefits. Overall, Google Classroom has become an indispensable tool for educators and learners in the digital age, and Google is constantly improving the platform to address user feedback and enhance its functionality.

Pros

Google Classroom's interface is widely praised for its user-friendly design and ease of navigation. Its integration with other Google apps such as Drive, Docs, and Slides allows for seamless creation, sharing, and collaboration of educational content.The platform's communication and collaboration tools are also highly regarded, as they allow for real-time discussions and group work on assignments....

Cons

Google Classroom's limited customization options have been reported as a drawback, along with incomplete integration with third-party tools and less advanced communication features. Technical issues such as slow loading times and glitches may also occur. Despite these downsides, Google Classroom's many benefits make it a valuable tool for online learning. Google is working to address user concerns and improve the platform's functionality over time.

RB

Robert B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Nothing to fear or worry about Google Class. It was made for you.

I have that Google Classroom has saved many schools from giving up learning especially during the Covid 19 pandemic. The fact that I can have my lessons last as long as I want and have all these tools and options and ensure learning continued even schools closed. I have enjoyed using the facility and continue to use it for all my online classes because it is very easy to use and adapt to.

Pros

For starters, there is hardly a learning curve here. The software is easy to use and the transitions from one part to another are seamless. Furthermore, I believe you grow with the software so the more you use it, the more you discover and find things that work better for you. One of the features I use most is the one of "reusing posts" even from archived classes. The other feature I like is the ability to create topics and populate that with material and assignments and supporting links, videos and other material.

Cons

The only thing I struggled with is in the recording option not being able to pause the recording. I would like to pause the recording for example when I am not explaining and looking at the students work and then continuing when that is done so we do not have videos of blanks spaces.

Ana Regina P.

Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 employees

Easy online class software

Really good software to give and watch classes, user-friendly, and integrates with other tools such as calendar and google drive, making it even easier to use.

Pros

I started to use this software during the pandemic to teach classes online. It is easy and user-friendly for all people that use it, doesn't matter their age. It helps you to have a track the assignments, exams, and finals through the calendar which is automatically shared with all users present in that classroom. We can say the same about the class material, which is easily shared with all participants through google drive. Everything is done and shared easily, not only by the teacher but also by the students.

Cons

I think that it would be good for students and teachers if the assignments, grades, and due dates on the calendar could be shared with parents. Some students struggled during the pandemic because they didn't know how to manage their time and also because studying from home is stressful sometimes. Thus, if all assignments and due dates could be shared with their parents, I think it would be helpful. So the parents wouldn't have surprises and could help better their child.

Sandra Alicia M.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Very appropriate to organize and support classes

My experience with Google Classroom has been very good. During the time of coronavirus, it helped me take my classes when they had to be online. In my case, I must say that, before it happened, I was already using the platform as my main aid and organization method in the classroom. Google Classroom allows teachers to organize their classes in a more personalized way. In addition, it allows particular curricular adaptations to be made.

Pros

Google Classroom is great for teachers. It allows them to organize their classes in a more appropriate way taking into account new technologies. In my case, I make videos and presentations (with other programs) and then use them in the classroom. During the time of coronavirus, the program was my lifeline as a teacher. Google Classroom allows you to organize classes and include complementary materials. Plus, it's great that you can assign different activities to different students. In this way, depending on the level, you can prepare materials that best suit specific students. The option to send activities for students to do is also very good. There are many options, such as sending tests and writing more text activities.

Cons

I think that the activities section, although good, can be improved.

Brittany B.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Google Classroom for distance learning win!

Overall, I find Google classroom extremely user-friendly for all ages and levels of experience. It is very easy to upload assignments and documents. The fact that it is compatible with so many other websites makes it a huge plus in my book. If it would just add a few more customization tools, it would be the perfect platform to utilize within the classroom or through distance learning.

Pros

I absolutely love how compatible Google Classroom is with other websites and programs. While I have used this program for quite some time, my students have not (lack of technology within the school unfortunately). It is super user friendly overall for all ages and experience. It is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. One major bonus point for me is that there is an application for your phone as well and it sends me notifications when students submit work, write a comment.

Cons

While there are a lot of websites and programs compatible with Google Classroom, I don't feel like there is a ton of customization within GC itself. I would ideally like to create folders right there within the page and cannot do so. I do wish there was the ability to use different fonts, sizes, etc. Versus using another program to continuously copy and paste back on to Google Classroom. Another slight issue I do find time consuming is that there aren't any notifications like on the phone app, that tells you when a student submits work, private messages, etc.