Lillio Logo

Child care app for center management, parent communication.

Lillio Reviews

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

brightwheel
procare-child-care-management

It’s any parent’s dream come true. Plus it’s a user friendly app that guides you through the process of finding a good day care for your children.
Love the updates throughout the day. Love the reports and the ability for photos and videos to come through.
I love how secure this software is and how much they protect my information, and I especially love how their customer service experts treat my kids and me like family.
I am a worried mom , just like a lot of other moms. I worry that I don’t spend enough time with my child , that I’m not always as attentive as I can be , I worry that sometimes I work too much.
Not so much the software that I have a problem with as to the amount your people call and email me. It makes me feel obligated and pressured when I shouldn't feel that way.
I did not find a thing about this app that I could find wrong with or criticize.

3,607 reviews

Evan G.

Cloud Infrastructure Engineer

Computer Networking, 10,001+ employees

Great daycare software

Transcript

Evan G: Hi, my name is Evan. I'm a cloud engineer and I would rate HiMama a five out of five, and for...

Ashley M.

Director

HiMama Daily Reports

Transcript

Ashley: Hi, I'm Ashley, and I'm a director in childcare. And I give HiMama a five. Before we selected...

Natalia S.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Organizational efficiency and communication

Our experience with Lillio has been positive. The software has revolutionized the way we manage projects, facilitating better communication, task delegation, and data-driven decision making. With Lillio, our team's productivity has increased, resulting in greater satisfaction.

Pros

I like it because the software effectively addresses our business problems related to communication and collaboration, offering us a comprehensive solution to improve productivity. Our use case revolves around managing project tasks, schedules and team communication, ensuring smooth workflows and efficient resource allocation

Cons

Lillio may not be the ideal choice for smaller organizations with simpler task management needs. Its numerous features and customization options could overwhelm users looking for a simpler solution.

JC

Jena C.

Government Administration, 1-10 employees

Great App Especially for New Parents

Pros

I like that throughout my day I can see when my child care provider enters photos and information and I feel “in the know” about how my child’s day is going.

Cons

I dislike that the provider gets to choose whether you get real time updates on some information or not. I would like to know this as they happen. For example nap lengths. Lots of times I won’t know how long my daughter napped until well past her bedtime. Knowing it would help me adjust her bedtime accordingly. Ideally, having the parent be able to decide on push notifications for all/some/none would work better than the centre making that choice.

NB

Nick B.

Online Media, 201-500 employees

Great osx app with minor improvements required

I'm very happy with my experience! I think it's a generally well made app (have had one hard crash that I can remember) and does what it advertises extremely well. I just think some tidying around the edges wouldn't hurt in terms of user experience.

Pros

Handy updates are streamed to me on a regular basis. I feel confident that information is up to date and the notifications help as well. The experience in this regard is fairly seemless.

Cons

For the most part, I don't open the app outside of receiving a notification about my child save for rare circumstances where I need to look up a photo or particular piece of information. When I do, I would really prefer a landing screen that indexed more information than the daily report and allowed me to tap in to that section from there. So, highlights from photos/report/entires etc. I also personally...

TH

Tori H.

Professional Training & Coaching, 201-500 employees

Great way to stay updated with daycare!

Pros

I love that it keeps me updated with what my daughter is doing daily at daycare - including what she eats, how much she eats, diaper changes, and activities that they do.

Cons

I would like if the time stamps stayed on posts and pictures.

CP

Chantel P.

We love Hi Mama!

We absolutely love it and so does our teachers and parents as well.

Pros

We love this program! It is so easy to use and functions actually work in real time unlike the previous program we have used.

Cons

Not being able to post incident reports, how to move students room to room we have to graduate them it is not the easiest as you have to un-enroll and re enroll in new classroom.

KH

Kelly H.

Ups n Downs

Pros

It is easy for parents and they seem to like most of it. I like being able to go back and look at daily reports, activities, and notes.

Cons

I don't like that families are not grouped together-example for a family with four children, I had to put the parents info in four different times. I do not like that I can not choose how my children are listed-my old software gave me the choice of by name, age, class etc. I don't like that the food report isn't listed by age, which is how I need it to be. I don't like that parents can not see a yearly calendar that I set up . I don't like that children are not listed by last name at check in and families have to either type in the search bar or scroll to find all kids-and if they do use the search bar you either have to backspace to remove what they put in or you only get a partial listing

CT

Crystal T.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

Best Daycare App!

Pros

Canadian milestones and skills for observations, neat and tidy report sent to parents. Can log in meals, activities and more as a group rather than individual.

Cons

That the parents can't sign in and out without having access to a computer (webpage). Brightwheel had a part in the app where the parents scanned a qr code to sign in and out

CD

Chelsea D.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Child Care to a whole new level

I am part owner in my sister's Day care and I mention this product for her to try. She wanted a way for parents to be more involved with their kids being in "School" and this fit the bill.

Pros

Great system. My sister owners her own child care center and loves this product for her teachers and parents to use.

Cons

She doesn't have any issues with this product. She completely loves it!

AB

Allie B.

HiMama review

Pros

Great way for parents to check in on their child(ren), see what they are up to throughout the day. Also a great communication app for staff to parents

Cons

Can get pricey depending on the size of your child care organization.

IF

Indira F.

My wish-list with HiMama

Pros

I love how easy is to navigate. The app almost talks to you and guides you when you are a first time user. It is very practical.

Cons

I wish HiMama would allow daycare centers to create and customize the online forms to helps us with the enrollment process of children in the centre. HiMama is always advising centres to get all automatize and to create temples, but I wish they could provide that of us because at the end of the day I am not a super Hitech person. I wish HiMama would help us more in the intake of a family into the centre.

JH

June H.

Communication Breakthrough!

Our survey data from families has always focused on the lack of communication about centre happenings...not any more....since we have HiMama communication is no longer an issue. HiMama is organized, centered around the Continuum of Development which makes child observations and documentation easy - the pie graphs add a visual dimension to the app which allows staff at a glance to see which domains need addressing by staff. As a manger the weekly report confirm that the communication is happening within the centre, families are receiving their observations and families are engaged and checking items sent.

Pros

The software allows me to see at any given time child enrollment numbers, child observation data and ongoing communication with child care families. Families are purchasing a child care service on behalf of their children therefore the parents do not experience the full service directly...their children do. HiMama allows me to have connect/communicate with parents in real time keeping them up to date on centre happenings and sharing resources. This has always been the hardest part of the child care and HiMama bridges that communication gap on a daily basis.

Cons

A lot of American content......need more Canadian content.

LL

Lindsay L.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Very Satisfied With HiMama

Pros

I love the interactions we can have with parents. As a parent who has children in a centre that uses HiMama I love learning about my children's day and see what they have been up to. As a coordinator I love that we are able to show parents what is going on how and show how their child(ren) are/is learning.

Cons

There isn't any huge issues. Sometimes I wish we could save items in the app and send them when we are in wifi. Sometimes things aren't sent because of internet services so that's on our internet not the software.

WV

Wendy V.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

No ability to edit attendance

This is my first time using an app like this. Even though I have to use it, I don’t like it. It’s very inflexible and like I said before, you can’t edit attendance records which is ridiculous. That just makes no sense. I find it stressful. It is not an easy app to use. It’s not streamlined for a busy teacher you can’t edit and it’s not a flexible app.

Pros

I have to take attendance three separate times - twice on paper and one via the app which is all digital. The hi mama app is good for accountability purposes because everybody (admin) can see whose in school via the app so that they can make decisions, etc. It is good for the parents because you can give updates to the parents via email.

Cons

My issue with the software is that sometimes we don’t have Wi-Fi so how can I go back in and edit the attendance records? And there’s no justification as to why I can’t - it makes no sense to me because I’m not trying to edit the attendance record so that I can get paid more money or anything, it is because we’re an SED program and we already take attendance on paper 2 times, so I’m going to go off of that now my administration thinks I’m not taking attendance on those days at all or they don’t remember that we didn’t have Wi-Fi that day - but that feature is not made available and I think that ruins the whole purpose.

JJ

Jason J.

Publishing, 201-500 employees

HiMama keeps me connected to my child even while I'm working!

I love HiMama and is one of the main reasons why I haven't even thought about switching daycares!

Pros

I like the notifications and alerts the most. It helps me to feel more connected to my daughter even though she's at daycare and I'm working. I think it helps me to relate to her day and ask her questions about how it went when I pick her up. Also, the quick communication channel with the director and daycare staff can't be beat! I love how I can send one message and it goes to everyone who interacts with my child instead of just a single email where only one person will read it.

Cons

I'd like a little more control over the types of alerts I receive. Sometimes I have already paid my invoice but the director hasn't been able to update my invoice status yet so I'll get an additional alert even though I've already paid it. Also, I'd like control over when I receive some alerts, like invoice alerts. For me personally, 7am isn't the best time since that's when my daughter is usually waking up and we're starting our morning routine.

EM

Evgeny M.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

I am glad we have this app

I really like the idea and the fact we have it (much better than nothing). I believe there’s lots of work for the team to do to develop a strong and broadly used app. I am willing to support it by providing more feedback and being the focus group. One more aspect that concerns me somewhat: considering children’s pictures are uploaded - how strong is the security of the product?

Pros

I really like the idea of centralized and structured system to see all the info about my daughter’s activities, curriculum, menu, photos and important updates. I do sign in on a daily basis to see how my kid is doing in that part of day that she’s not with her parents. Most favourite part - photos and videos.

Cons

User Interface and experience are extremely limited, not friendly and lagging very much behind the industry standards (light design, streamlined flows, integration with other applications). Also, there’s a huge limitation by how the daycare’s staff manage the app - in one place they may upload lots of info and updates while in the other the may be a photo or two per week and no other substantial updates.

JH

Jawad H.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Thankfully

Pros

The most thing I like in Himala is the management of it and the parent also the students

Cons

All was good there nothing least to talk about it

RK

Resham K.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

The HiMama App is Spectacular!

My overall experience with HiMama Preschool & Child Care App has been very positive. As previously mentioned, I can share my daughter's journey with her and this is fantastic. I can also watch her and help communicate my matters with the staff with ease.

Pros

I love the communication HiMama offers. I feel like I am with my daughter on her journey, as opposed to outside of it. I love the ability the software has to communicate with the staff and the photos and information on this app which help me understand the value of the staff and the program itself. I can share my daughter's journey with her and this is fantastic. I can also watch her and help communicate my matters with the staff with ease.

Cons

To be honest - I do not have any problems with this software. I feel comfortable using it. The only thing I would have liked is to have more videos.Other than that - I love this software.

JB

Jon B.

Chemicals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Dad checking in on my kids

Pros

I love seeing pictures of my kids, seeing what they are doing for the day. Its useful to know if my 4 year old took a nap during the day and if my 2 year old is eating his lunch.

Cons

Not as much a con, more of a what I would like to see for improvement. I would like to see the app integrate with a scannable check in or check out for my children. A barcode or a rfid tag when we are checking them in and checking them out. Our daycare currently uses a sign in/out log. I would also like to see more pictures of my children. This might be accomplished with reminders to the teachers when a picture of a child hasn't been taken for a while. Another useful item would be an integrated live feed from the daycare. I can log into my ring cameras at home anytime I want, shouldn't I be able to do the same with my children?

KV

Kim V.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Why Hi Mama works for our preschool and families

Pros

The details and ability to click without having to write everything in detail.

Cons

I wish I could click the names of kids under fluids or toilet, for example, and add the times and detail for each right at that moment without having to upload each entry one at a time. For example, if it is 2pm and we have not had the chance to enter two feedings and three diaper changes for 11 kids, it would be quicker if we could click on the item like toilet then click on the child, then add all three times in, rather than one at a time....it would be faster for the user.

GM

Gul M.

Research, 10,001+ employees

Peace of mind

I am really happy With this childcare app . My now 4 year old daughter was at other center for 1 year and there was lack of communication what she did during day as teachers keep changing shift . That’s no longer an issue . HiMama is organized and makes child observations and activities easy

Pros

I love the photos I get on a daily bases. It gives me peace of mind during the day and also allows me to talk to my 4 year old daughter about what she learned during the day when she comes home. For my 1 year old this app is also perfect as I can see what she ate or did during her day. It also gives me flexibility to talk her class teachers during day if needed.

Cons

I think the app is sometime slow usually downloading a video Also I wish there was easy way to save pictures videos or any other information like reports etc

PV

Phoebe V.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Daycare program with all the extras included

I was looking for a software after the fees on ProCare shot thru the roof. HiMama is going to be roughly what ProCare went up to but I did not have the initial "buying" the program cost & I got so many more options for the cost with HiMama over ProCare

Pros

We got all the options included with the monthly fee. This cloud based program is fairly easy to use. I like that the parent gets an invoice so they know their bill amount ahead of time. It has alot of pluses that we have not even started using yet.

Cons

The salesman kinda was pushy & there was some things that I didn't realize until after I had signed up. U pay by the class so we only have 3 price points so we paid for 3 classes. I made it work to save $ monthly. I like having daily ledgers by the whole center, not having to open each child to see the ledger. This is my 3rd daycare software program & they each had their own pros & cons.

LT

Lisa T.

Teacher/Family Communication at your fingertips

Our families love that we offer this app. They love that they can send a message from home without disrupting the child's day or pulling the teacher away from teaching. They love the updates and photo shares as well.

Pros

We love the ease of use with this product. It helps parents and teachers communicate back and forth with the convenience of their phone or classroom tablets. As an admin I can also communicate with parents individually or as a who center which is AMAZING. We love to share little updates like photos, diaper changes, nap times, or milestones via the app with our families.

Cons

Only able to send one photo at a time to families. We wish we could send 2-5 at a time.

cc

cynthia c.

Business Supplies and Equipment, self-employed

Parenting made easier with Himama

Himama has been of great addition to my daily management aspects as I'm able to do my business as i concurrently monitor my children at school without having to worry. Any issues raised by the caregivers can reach me in a short span of time and thus solutions are found instantly.

Pros

The app is quite helpful to both parents and school caregivers as we are able to constantly monitor our children's milestones. With the app as a parent i'm notified of any absurd this with my toddler in a timely manner. The app has also made activity scheduling in the daycare quite easy and manageable. The real time photo sharing features keeps me updated on my child's progress the entire day at school thus cutting down on anxiety.

Cons

The messaging feature is a bit unreliable could be I'm the only one experiencing this since I do not get notification as to whether the care giver has received my message. Probably they may also be overwhelmed by numerous messages from parents. If this feature an be made more user friendly then the app will be worth my investments.

NC

Nikki C.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

We love HiMama

As a mom of two little girls in daycare, I like many mothers struggled with separation anxiety when it came time to leaving my daughters to go back to work. For my first daughter, I dropped her off and immediately became emotional knowing I wouldn’t see her face all day, until our provider explained to us himama. The app is absolutely amazing, the inventor and investors are amazing; thank you for...

Pros

The interaction I can have with the daycare.

Cons

I don’t think I have found anything that I don’t like about this product.

KN

Karreecha N.

Education Management, self-employed

Hi Mamma! How are ya?

Having an effective childcare management system to keep records, record payments, capture the lives of children & teachers have been a blessing and especially beneficial to anyone involved in childcare centers. This is the best thing since sliced bread.

Pros

This software makes life in childcare centers so much easier and efficient. This software makes the lives of teachers and administrative staff EASY while trying to capture day to day activities that children are involved in. What I like most about the software is that the activities are instantly recorded for parents to share in the experience of their little ones.

Cons

The software is kind of expensive and took a while to really perfect use of it. If you're really going to get more bang for your buck, you have got to do a good job at keeping really good records. If you don't put your data into the system, you're subject to miss something.