MemberPress

All-in-one membership plugin for WordPress

MemberPress Reviews

Pros

Just started using this for my subscription based site. It's awesome with amazing tech support should you need.

Greg P.

I've used MemberPress on a couple of occasions with different types of sites. It is super easy to install on WordPress and has rich features that secure your site.

BB

Beau B.

Memberpress has been pretty easy for me to set up and navigate by myself (not an overly techy person). I like the finished format, easy to navigate and track progress of my online courses.

TF

Tanya F.

Cons

The only issue that we ran across was the inability to cancel recurring payments through the MemberPress interface. We needed to manually cancel a subscription on the Stripe gateway.

KS

Kenji S.

The integration with Elementor can sometimes be confusing.

SB

Shiri B.

They need to add the functionality of upsell, dowsell. This is really what is missing the most I find.

Rémi F.

Memberships Made Easy With MemberPress

Transcript

Cousett H.: My name is Cousett, and I am a solopreneur, founder of my own business, and I work in the...

It's the Leader in Membership Sites

We have several companies that are using it for maintaining membership for a scientific genetics company, a sportsman club, a business who has training for its members, and more.

Pros

I have used MemberPress with my clients on very complex projects for years. It is easy for our development team to implement, launch, and pivot if necessary. I highly recommend MemberPress for any company that needs a robust membership site that is there to help and support your efforts.

Cons

I feel the only area where I would like to see it more robust in regards to output are the Member Notices.

Still the Best Member Software Around!

Flawless!!!

Pros

I've been using MemberPress for over 5 years. It was brilliant back then and has continued to evolve. I use it personally on my own site, as well as recommend and have running with numerous clients. It's always worked flawlessly but the look and feel has continued to improve with each update. Very easy to use as both developer, end client users and members. Highly recommend!!

Cons

Early look and feel customisations were an issue but that can be overcome as developer knowledge progresses- or a child theme with custom css.

Helped us move off Teachable

Memberpress allows us to sell access to our LMS with different membership options. We've built some custom code to have full control of our user experience.

Pros

Easy to create memberships and assign courses to it with the LearnDash plugin

Cons

The LearnDash connection is kind of buggy and we had to create custom plugins to keep all courses in sync for all users

Excellent Software & Support

Quick support responses have helped my clients many times. Every engagement is professional and the techs really know what they are talking about.

Pros

MemberPress makes it easy to integrate the business vision of my clients into a working web site - complete with excellent support and payment gateway integration.

Cons

I've used MemberPress for years after trying everything else out there. It's my go-to membership plugin for WordPress. I can't think of anything to change.

The best membership sofware available

Excellent There is nothing else I can say. It has always been top notch.

Pros

I have been using MemberPress for several years now. I have evaluated several competitor programs and nothing compares to the built in functionality MemberPress has. I have had a few questions and issues over the past few years and whenever I have had to contact support I get an answer within hours NOT days. I have always been very satisfied with the support they provide. I would highly recommend this software to anyone wishing to put together a Membership website.

Cons

I can't think of one thing I don't like about this plugin. I have always been able to configure all the functionality I have needed to build every membership site I've built.

Great for Divi designers

Better than any other plugin I had tried.

Pros

I had been using ARMembership plugin previously on a couple of my websites but technical problems and slow support were causing issues. Memberpress looked like a better plugin and certainly is. After 6 months of use on two websites, I have had few problems. And as an elegant Themes Divi user, I can take advantage of their fantastic builder!

Cons

I would like better instructions for the forms builder and a simpler construction method. For example, not having automatic normal contact information — but allowing me to add or delete any component in the form.

Fabulous Software - plug and play

Easy to install and use.

Pros

A professional user interface with a few set up requirements but very intuitive. It has all the features one would want in a membership plugin. Recurring payments, discount codes feature, the ability to only make certain content available to specific memberships. I have been using this software for over 3 years and has been solid. Highly recommend!

Cons

I sometimes have an issue updating the plugin but this small issue is outweighed by the overall benefits.

Good

Pros

tracking members for recurring revenue. .

Cons

Account page. Not user friendly for customers to find their purchases.

A Breeze

Memberpress allowed me to offer my customers membership based websites. Memberpress also send lots of emails with tutorials on to help guide you through what may seem to be complex procedures.

Pros

Initially I was scared to try this out because I thought it would be overly complicated and might not be compatible with the Divi theme. I was pleased to find that it was a really simple plugin to set up and if anything wasn't clear there were lots of resources withinn the memberpress community and in the Divi theme support. I particulalry like the drip content feature which, as it's name suggests, allows you to feed subscribers new content without having to lift a finger.

Cons

It's not so much a con but I did think that some of the add-ons were going to be free but they turned out to be paid. I think that was me raising my expectations too highly. I haven't found any disadvantages and I don;t expect I will. If a feture doesn't exist I can always find it in the add-on library.

Excellent software for eCourse development

Pros

We chose MemberPress because we wanted to develop a custom eCourse solution for our business, to exercise more control over the design and functionality not offered through the large eCourse hosting providers. We developed the custom solution that met our needs and MemberPress provides the gating and protection that we require.

Cons

We'd like to see greater control over the payments infrastructure, but even with some challenges on that end, the software does everything that we need it to do.

Easy to Set Up and Use

Pros

I tried a number of Member plug-ins before I settled on Member Press. This was definitely the easiest to set up and run!

Cons

My only negative has been that it can sometimes be hard to look for information about how to do different things with the platform. There are some great tutorials though. And I’ve been able to contact support when I need to.

Robust Software

Pros

What I liked most was all the add-on possibilities. For exemple : HelpScout form Memberpress is really usefull. I would love to see more features :-)

Cons

It is not really intuitive or even easy to setup it, but when you catch it. It's robust, solid and do the work. I would love also more flexibilities and more ad-ons

Best Membership Software

Support is EXCELLENT. Am using this for multiple clients & working on using it for my own business needs as well. Very excited about the new COURSES tool.

Pros

It delivers what it promises! I researched all the possible membership software available for use on the Wordpress platform and everybody (professional reviewers) put this at the top of the list. It has everything you need to setup any type of membership program you need and integrates with all the top payment gateways.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve (but that is to be expected with such a powerful tool) - especially if you are new to the membership program concept. Would definitely recommend going through ALL the Knowledge base articles & videos FIRST .... know everybody hates to read the manual, but is a necessity here.

Switching to MemberPress was my best decision so far

Pros

I switched from Buddypress where the options were limited and hard to find, so I was looking for a plugin that could offer everything I needed for one specific set price. After some research I stumbled upon Memberpress and even though I'm not an experience user by far; the setup was flawless and the configuration was very easy.

Cons

My experience with MemberPress hasn't reached the level of "I'm looking for something but I can't find it here" yet so I can't really think of anything right now

Robust features for a reasonable price

Problems solved: new and existing members can renew and pay their membership online. Extra benefits: members start to recognize the added value of the site as a communication tool with exclusive content for joined members.

Pros

Initial setup and integration are easy, yet required a lengthy process to do it according to the organizations existing membership structure.

Cons

When something isn't working the way we expected, it became challenging to find the right answers in the vast online documentation. Ultimately, the system works as it was programmed to do, but sometimes it was hard to figure out where our setup was not exactly what it was meant to do. (Hence the need to re-read the documentation to find out where the limitations lie)

A must for online teaching

Memberpress has been my main software along the way teaching online, I feel the company is very solid, it keeps improving the product, so I feel safe investing time and effort creating content with this plugin.

Pros

Continuous improvement of the software. Easy integration with PayPal, Stripe and my email marketing software Active Campaign.

Cons

Although doable, is kind of difficult to properly design checkout pages. They should have templates for this :)

A No-Brainer

Pros

Memberpress was incredibly easy to install and configure to get subscription income rolling for our business.

Cons

I wish I had a way to do a more dynamic membership. As it is, I have about 300 different memberships to manage, when the pricing is all linear based on a particular custom field (#of licenses) granted by each. I wish this could be defined as one membership with a multiplier to calculate the value of the price and the value of that custom field.

Happy I switched to memberpress!

Their help team is very responsive and the interface makes sense and is easy to use after you get used to it

Pros

The price allowed me to cut costs by a lot in my business and once I got the hang of it it’s very easy to use

Cons

Initially I found it really hard to figure out how to get started but their support team was really helpful. I’m not very tech savvy but Now it’s very obvious how to use

Hello Kate, Thank you for your review! We're sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the interface initially, but glad to know our customer support team was able to help you get things rolling. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Take care!

You earns more than you pay.

Very good app. I can earn more than I pay.

Pros

MP has so many functions that help me create a professional community for Microsoft Excel online learning website. I can create rules that control the way members use my videos, courses, and posts. What I like most is email function that I can send to each member in order to communicate, suggest, and help.

Cons

MP should create more videos showing frontend on how user enrolls to course. When I change status from pending to complete, your app works very good for a period of time. Right now I have to enroll courses to each member manually. There is no translation page for each keywords in MP app. Please see samples from Joomla : Memberships Pro. I have to use another app to translate English to Thai. If you can lower price for old member after the first year lower than what I have paid, it will not be the least I like about his software.

MemberPress is easy to setup and administer!

MemberPress has allowed me to get my training programs on line quickly and easily. If you are a mid-tier WordPress user you should find it easy to use. For beginners, the online help and support are great and simple to follow.

Pros

I decided on MemberPress because I wanted to create a membership site for my courses - it seemed like a logical fit. As a web designer I have used and trialled a lot of plugins over the last few years and I found MemberPress to be intuitive in most of the setup. Where I couldn't work it out the support documentation, along with videos made it simple to follow along and resolve any issues. It was quick to setup and get started - and now it is generating income - the lead time was short to market and that is every marketer's dream.

Cons

I did find the rules for linking the courses to the memberships a little less intuitive , but once I had watched a couple of support videos, got going with that quickly and easily.

The best membership plugin for Wordpress!

MemberPress ticks all of the boxes for our clients. It makes the membership subscription process 100% easier for our clients. Compared to the other membership plugins that we have had the opportunity to use, Membership by far has been the best one by far!

Pros

Easy to install and set up. It integrates into WordPress very easily. Setting up a payment processor and additional Add-ons is extremely easy. Setting up rules is simple and effective. Setting up membership plans is a breeze. Support was able to answer any questions that by email which was great.

Cons

It's repetitive if you need to manually set up subscriptions and transactions for existing WordPress users if you manually import your list. It would be nice to be able to one click make all account active and then take subscription payments for the next billing cycle. The membership plan page options to display the plans are horrible. You do need to have some CSS/Programming knowledge to make this look nice. It would be nice to have a comparison table to showcase the membership plans nicely.

Memberpress with Thrive Themes

Great. Love the software. The support has been life-saving.

Pros

Software is easy to use, support is GREAT, and it integrates with Thrive Theme Apprentice with no issues.

Cons

I'd like it to be easier to sell stand-alone (complementary) products with my memberships. Or to create ways for a person to purchase several things at once. I have not used MP with WooCommerce, so that might be an option there...IDK.

Highly recommended

Very positive. Worth the money.

Pros

Easy to install and use. Never had any issues with WordPress compatibility. Very sophisticated options for permissions management.

Cons

Some of the key pages are difficult to edit - e.g. checkout - without more advanced CSS skills. If you use a Theme editor it's difficult to keep core pages on brand. Also, while range of add-ons is really good, documentation on how to make them work with MemberPress could be substantially improved.

Easy Membership Software

Pros

I found this product incredibly easy to implement into my Wordpress site. It has allowed me to easily create memberships for my web application. It did take some time to go through the documentation to make sure it was set up properly, but it wasn't overly complicated. I ran into some confusion with setting up Paypal transactions but the Memberpress support was quick to respond and provide guidance.

Cons

I wish there were some additional features for customizing forms and emails to have them match branding on my website.

Grows with my business

Pros

MemberPress was not the first membership site software I tried but it will be the last. My limited technical knowledge made it simple to install. I am looking forward to moving all my courses from another product to the new courses function.

Cons

The installation did require some tech knowledge but it was simple enough after a little from the customer service department.