Sibme Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.35/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I think the software is really great at helping with teachers do comments while watching themselves teach. It's great to give those comments from things I see but also see my coach's comments.

RC

Reynaldo C.

It is pretty painless to upload and comment on others videos. Especially in the situation we are in now, this is a nice way to be able to help each other improve.

MS

Michael S.

As an educator, I absolutely love SibMe the most because it gives me the opportunity to annotate specific moments when re-watching my lessons to better improve my practice.

MM

Megan M.

We have tried resetting and everything, but it won't work, so it is a shame because my company still relies on the software but I am unable to participate.

RC

Reynaldo C.

Setting up custom indicators has been a struggle. The buttons are not standard and hard to understand.

LF

Lesley F.

I am forced to use sibme, so personally I hate it.

TC

Trent C.

Sibme users...

listing-logo
GoReact-logo

GoReact

How would you rate Sibme?

Great Platform for Schools

Transcript

Sean: Hi, I'm Sean, Head of Schools. I give Sibme a four out of five. For more reviews like this, click...

Great Tool for Teacher Coaching and Building Reflective Practice

Our overall experience with Sibme has bee very positive. Using video observation has helped foster reflective practice in our teaching staff and helped coaches and administrators to collaborate and calibrate even when we can't all be in the same place at the same time.

Pros

Sibme is an easy to use platform that helps teachers and administrators work together to reflect on lessons and improve practice. I love that teachers and admin are able to upload videos and that you can create collaboration groups and a video library of best practices aligned to whatever teacher effectiveness framework you use.

Cons

The usage reports on the admin end can be a little misleading as there is no catch for videos that are uploaded multiple times, so sometimes at first glance it may look like usage is high when in fact it was one video counted 2 or 3 times. That being said, it is pretty easy to go in and run a report to see where there are repeats.

Sibme is amazing!

Pros

The ease of use is our top reason to love Sibme. We appreciate all the features that coaches can access like rubrics, goal setting, time-stamped comments on video and more! This has been one of our best purchases for coaching ever. It is also ideal in the time of COVID- allowing coaches and teachers the ability to share what is happening in their classrooms and still get feedback on their instructional practices even when we are unable to be physically in the classroom.

Cons

No concerns at this time. We have found that all the features we would want are already part of the package.

Sibme for Teacher Development

We use this platform to grow teachers and leaders. One of the most important things is being able to time stamp our comments so we can provide feedback on the exact moments of engagement.

Pros

Sibme allows me to tag exact moments in a video to provide teacher and leader feedback. It is easy to upload from whether I access it directly through the platform or from a camera on my computer or phone. The tabs help with keep our video types sorted for ease of access.

Cons

When recording and uploading mobile it takes a little while for the upload to complete.

Review by TB

Pretty good. Easy to use.

Pros

It is easy to put all things in one place.

Cons

Until recently we could not screen capture and this made it very difficult to put items in that we needed to coach and view. Also, the tab to write tasks on does not order them correctly. Each time you go in you have to reorder them. That is a time waster.

Amazing resource

I am very pleased. I used it lots last year, due to COVID, I have used it less this year.

Pros

As a teacher, I am pulled in so many directions. It is hard to see everything that is going on. By looking at my lessons, I can see what students are doing. I can notice who may be struggling, who is on the ball, and what may be distracting students. I can also notice things I do or don't do so that I can improve myself for future lessons.

Cons

Sometimes it has trouble loading and I have to wait or miss a recording of a lesson.

Simple to use

Pros

Super fast at uploading (faster than uploading to Drive for example) - makes it easy to quickly create an archive of watchable videos

Cons

I wish this program could be integrated more with Google versus being completely in-house. It would be easier if we could also sync it and link it without someone needing an account as a lot of the issues are a result of login issues.

Amazing Customer Support

Pros

Sibme has made it easy to record, review, reflect, tag, and collaborate on videos of classroom instruction. The app makes uploading, sharing, and getting feedback on videos quick and easy while being FERPA compliant. The customer support and service has been amazing with questions being addressed within minutes. Additionally, the support team takes suggestions and ideas from customers to the development team for improvements to their product.

Cons

Sibme has an option to connect other resources into huddles and goals - but the process is not super user-friendly for connecting resources held within Google apps. They have made some changes to increase ease of use, so hoping more changes in this area are coming.

Great for Coaching in Schools

In these trying times when I can't get "into" a classroom, Sibme allows teachers to record lessons they want to share.

Pros

Sibme is very easy to use, take a video and upload. The features are well suited for the educational setting. The ability to tag comments directly on the video makes it very easy to locate specific examples for glows, grows, and questions. It has been especially beneficial to have the Sibme program while we are teaching remotely, full time. It enables teachers to take a video of their Zoom lesson, upload it into the program and share it with me for feedback.

Cons

None! It's easy to use and you can get started right away.

Seeing is Believing

This has been great, especially during the pandemic.

Pros

I like being able to observe my student teaching in their classrooms or online. I like that I can rewind and review plus comment on the teaching I am observing.

Cons

I would like to be able to type my comments while the video is running.

SIBME to the Rescue

This software allowed our student teachers to view themselves and offered opportunities for collaboration and reflection.

Pros

When supervisors were restricted from visiting schools due to COVID concerns we needed software that we could use for remote supervision. We had very little time for training and to shift from face to face supervision to remote. SIBME's 101 training was easy to use, the customer service support is amazing, and overall the product does exactly what we needed.

Cons

I wish we had started using this sooner.

Great experience thus far with Sibme!

I feel that the employees are professional, the development aspects are fast and responsive. 50% of why I am sticking with this product is just working with their team.

Pros

For the price, I feel that the tool has the major elements I am looking for. It has the flexibility to assess students both on an individual and a group basis. The video commenting/tagging feature is exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

Hoping for SSO to MS Office and an improved integration with Canvas, right now, it's just a pass through.

Excellent video feedback resources!

Pros

The ability for educators to upload classroom video to receive time stamped feedback. The asynchronous abilities in this platform are tremendous.

Cons

Uploading documents in the discussion section is not as easy to use. Dropbox, Google Drive, and other platform synchronization still have links to be worked out.

Use Sibme With Easaea

My overall experience with Sibme has been positive. It has allowed me to work with others in a productive and dynamic workspace.

Pros

I most like the video recording and annotating ability.

Cons

I least like the difficulty logging in sometimes. It may take up to 5 attempts.

A Teacher's Point of View

As a teacher, I was required to choose a personal professional goal for the year and I chose to set some goals as far as improvements I could make in my teaching methods and have my Instructional Coach video me. We would then have regular meetings to view the video and reflect on the goals and my progress. Sibme proved to be the ideal tool as my IC was able to literally pull apart the video and comment at different points and the feedback was invaluable. Not only were the video features very useful, but there were multiple ways for her to communicate with me re: the overall status of her comments ie: when they were available and when videos were uploaded. It greatly contributed to me attaining my goals and making the process easy and effective.

Pros

The ease of use and the flexibility allowing it to be used for multiple purposes

Cons

I did not find anything that was difficult or needed improvement

Sibme is Powerful and Easy

This is a platform we are using with teachers during coaching. We haven't realized our potential yet since we were just starting when the pandemic hit. Teachers are too busy right now to focus time on this new platform. Learning to teach virtually has focused them back to nuts and bolts, and they aren't ready to analyze and refine it yet.

Pros

Sibme is very user-friendly. Anybody can learn how to get started in about 30 minutes. It is a powerful tool for teachers to use to analyze videos and have discussions with a coach to improve their teaching. I think for advanced teachers it is a great process.

Cons

I wish the software provided some videos of good teaching. We of course are uploading our own, but it would be nice to have a generic good library to start with that show best practices in teaching.

Sibme has helped our teachers share ideas!

We love it. It's expensive but worth the investment.

Pros

Our admin team was introduced to Sibme at a summer conference, and we thought it would be a great software for our teachers to collaborate and share ideas virtually. They've used it to demonstrate strategies from book studies, and in the place of "Learning Walks" because class coverage can be difficult. It's even more valuable now during the pandemic! Sibme has been a great tool for teachers to invite others into their classrooms and "show" rather than tell.

Cons

There are some pieces of the software that could be more user friendly. The mobile app doesn't have the same capabilities as the website. Always looking for ways to make the process easier on teachers.

Great tool for classroom observations

The staff at Sibme have been wonderful. We have had a great experience with their help in setting everything up. They respond quickly and you can schedule with them whenever you need support.

Pros

Sibme was easy to set up and run with. Teachers have been able to submit a video with just a couple of clicks.

Happy user

Pros

Love the ability to be able to roster on my own. The user interface is super easy. The app is easy to use and also easy to explain to others.

Cons

Before we had the ability to roster for ourselves this was very cumbersome going through many people and processes

Able to self-assess

Pros

I like the ability to review my lesson and see what is going on around my classroom when I am not able to see everything that goes on. Such as engagement. I may think that students are engaged or not engaged but their body language tells me otherwise. Then, when reviewing the video I can actually take time to notice how different learners are engaged and processing information differently. I also like the ability to pause and make notes in the videos for self reflection.

Cons

I have not had any problems or dislikes with the software.

Distance Coaching

My experience with Sibme has been great. Our coach has really helped us with the areas we need support without being too pushy or time-consuming. She truly just wants to make our experience and the experiences of our users the best. She comes with great experience to share.

Pros

I love that this software is extremely user-friendly. Uploading videos and sharing across huddles is an easy process. Both coachees and coaches can add comments to videos, tag performance levels, and view comments from multiple users in a logical way.

Cons

The rubric framework tool is very clunky and hard to create. Impossible to edit later if you want to update or change the performance levels.

Sibme Review

Pros

It's great to be able to have a visual when coaching new teachers. Teachers are able to see exactly what I am referring to in my feedback.

Cons

The platform is very busy. As the district admin sometimes it's hard to find something specific.

Review of Sibme

Our overall experience with Sibme has been wonderful. The support has declined a bit since the outset. (Perhaps this is Covid related?)

Pros

I love the training we received to deploy Sibme initially. I also like the reports we receive on a regular basis.

Cons

We have had a bit of trouble with huddles; I receive the highest number of "issues" from faculty regarding huddles.

SIBME

Pros

I really like the ease of reviewing and annotating videos - my comments are tagged to the section of the video, so the teacher participant can easily review the section I was highlighting to understand my comments. We can reply to each other's comments as well. Other documents such as lesson plans can be attached.

Cons

I wish that I was able to make comments directly on attached documents - it would be helpful to be able to give feedback on the lesson plan directly in SIBME rather than having to make notes in an email to the teacher.

Sibme

Pros

The ease to transition to virtual professional development

Cons

The software does take time to effectively review it in order to apply it.

Very Good for Teacher Observations

Pros

The interface was relatively accessible and the quality of the videos was good. I was able to see what I needed to see.

Cons

It felt like there were many steps to get to what I wanted when I wanted it.