Sibme Logo

Sibme

Online video-based learning management software

Sibme Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.43/10

Reviews by rating

I think the software is really great at helping with teachers do comments while watching themselves teach. It's great to give those comments from things I see but also see my coach's comments.
It is pretty painless to upload and comment on others videos. Especially in the situation we are in now, this is a nice way to be able to help each other improve.
As an educator, I absolutely love SibMe the most because it gives me the opportunity to annotate specific moments when re-watching my lessons to better improve my practice.
We have tried resetting and everything, but it won't work, so it is a shame because my company still relies on the software but I am unable to participate.
Setting up custom indicators has been a struggle. The buttons are not standard and hard to understand.
I am forced to use sibme, so personally I hate it.

Sean K.

Head of Schools

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Great Platform for Schools

Transcript

Sean: Hi, I'm Sean, Head of Schools. I give Sibme a four out of five. For more reviews like this, click...

EC

Erika C.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Track Your Teaching

Overall the experience has been fantastic!

Pros

We currently use Sibme to track the development and progress of Teacher Candidates in our Teacher Education Program. I believe it is extremely useful for Teacher Candidates to be able to reflect and see their teaching in action to foster more growth and development.

Cons

There is no notification system for Admins to be notified when a new Teacher Candidate has registered with the School Code.

MO

MAUREEN O.

Music, 11-50 employees

Efficiency

Sibme has been a wonderful much needed software. The support team was especially helpful in the set up. The team was extremely patient in the set up stages. It’s been a fantastic experience.

Pros

I needed a software they allowed for quick, simple scheduling. It’s neat to look at, uncomplicated enough for children to sign in and use. Also great for adults who are not computer savvy.

Cons

I love the software. No negatives so far.

RG

Rachel G.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Use for Education Practice

Pros

I enjoy that I can easily use Sibme on a computer and also upload videos from my phone. I’m an educator and use this to evaluate my practice and also share videos with other teammates to learn from each other. The collaboration groups are also very helpful!

Cons

I don’t utilize Sibme as often as I could. I’ve noticed uploading videos from my phone can be challenging and time consuming.

DC

Diane C.

Great Customer Service!

My experience has been great especially in the era of long distance learning. The opportunity to be able to view classrooms via video and chat with my students has been an amazing tool.

Pros

The help desk is fantastic and usually responds within minutes of asking a question. Some of the uploads and various huddles may be confusing for both students and administrators. I appreciate the immediate response from Customer Service to offer advice, articles and a solution to any difficulties we have encountered.

Cons

My students struggle a bit with uploading to a huddle and then being able to upload again to the same huddle. Perhaps some more information or an easier format would help.

AC

Allison C.

Moving the Needle on Evidence-Based Design

I discover something new that I can do with sent me all the time. I would use it in every part of my work ff I could. It feels personal, safe, accessible, and productive.

Pros

I like the fact that send me offers privacy for formative learning. I like that in a great school setting with evidence. I like that it pairs common technological components like video with reflection.

Cons

As a comprehensive system in a space, that is a bit of a paradigm shift in education (evidence-based coaching), folks often find it a bit overwhelming. To say that it’s the technology or the paradigm shift that’s overwhelming is hard to say.

NJ

Nicole J.

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

Useful Coaching Software for Virtual Communication & Data

I believe once everything is set up, it will be all encompasses of the different things we are using already.

Pros

Features that were most impactful was the ability to have data securely uploaded from multiple people that later can exported for research. There are places for quantitative and qualitative information. Scheduling with our partners is a great integration that links to our current calendar, as well as, the ability to use Zoom within the software. It supports our current system of providing professional development with huddles, places to collaborated and action items to support skills to work on.

Cons

For me, it is not as user friendly as I would like because of the multiple steps needed to create the framework and templates. I've watched several tutorials to complete a function. With some items being the same it is hard to make distinction between them with a picture instead of their name or email address. Viewing all the activity upon opening looks busy and can be overwhelming. Things could be more simple. Sometimes too many bells and whistles makes things more complicated.

LS

Lisa S.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great tool for educator teaching development

I have nothing but great thing to say about Sibme. Customer support has always been very strong and the product is fantastic.

Pros

I love using Sibme software as a tool in classroom observations. It is easy to access and use and allows me to capture the observation for teacher development & collaboration. Whether I am walking a classroom in person or capturing the classroom virtually, Sibme can be used to record observations. I love that there is no additional step needed following a recording session...Sibme instantly uploads the video to my account where i can share it with stakeholders.

Cons

Nothing! Depending on how you want to use Sibme, there may be some setup that takes time, but once you have the set up complete...it is quick and easy to use.

PY

Pamela Y.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Effective Software

Pros

As a program implementing instructional and equity coaching across the state and a number of districts, the implementation of Sibme into the process has been invaluable. It has allowed the instructional coaches to streamlines classroom observations, conversations, and feedback for all of the people who are part of the master's degree program at the University of Arkansas.

Cons

THere has been nothing about the software that I dislike. My team has been able to take care of all of our needs with the software's features.

ST

Stephanie T.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

I have been very happy with its ease of use!

Pros

This program is versatile with the ever-changing needs at our school.

Cons

Working to ease employee’s comfort level in being recorded. This is not a problem at all anymore.

PN

Patricia N.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great Coaching Product

When our administration meets, we spend some of our time discussion instruction and instructional practices. It's one thing to talk about what I have seen in classes as I visit, it's another to show video of the same. We are also using Sibme as a way to norm our work of observations.

Pros

Sibme is useful when I meet to debrief with teachers about their lessons. I can mark sections of the video that I want to discuss with the teachers and go right to them. Simbe has also become a great library of video artifacts that I can use for professional development.

Cons

Sometimes Sibme won't open on any browser. Not often, but it has happened enough that its a bit of a bother. Closing and reopening the browser usually resolves it, but, bothersome, still.

JA

Jose A.

Primary/Secondary Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Review of Sibme

We are trying to evaluate different teaching strategies as teachers and a chance for us to receive coaching as 1st/2nd year teachers. Our mentor doesn't have to show up in person and can watch the videos and I think this is great because it lowers everyones affective filters.

Pros

I like being able to upload attachments into their selected categories. Also, having the google drive function has been a game changer as I can connect my work account and upload files that way and saves so much time!

Cons

I think it can be less wordy and make the links to new pages for noticeable. For example when clicking onto your huddle it just shows a tile of your name and who is in it but not a noticeable click on function.

RS

Rachel S.

Sibme is great for Teacher Prep Programs

Sibme is the least expensive, most efficient and productive video coaching tool on the market.

Pros

Sibme is a great coaching tool. I love the time-stamped coaching feedback feature because teacher candidates can see exactly when I make a comment and can go back and watch themselves at that moment. tehn, they can respond to my comment with their Ah-Ha!

Cons

It has been difficult for some of our teacher prep candidates to figure out how to videotape themselves. before COVID, we had someone go out and capture the videos and that was much easier.

DL

Dr. Laura C.

Sibme for Video and Data Collection

My overall experience with Sibme for the past years has been very positive. They are a company of integrity and a pleasure to work with.

Pros

We need a secure place for our teacher candidates to easily upload videos, lesson plans, and zoom links. Sibme has been the best option we have used. Not only do they provide a quality product, but their customer service and innovation teams are unmatched.

Cons

Some of candidates have difficulty uploading their video. Usually this is because they are not using the app to record.

AG

Ashley G.

Easy Classroom Observations

Aside from having to hear my own voice, I think it's a really great tool for teachers to hear feedback and develop better skills!

Pros

I really like how Simbe can be used on all devices to record and play classroom observations. It's helpful when my administrator records the class, and leaves specific feedback with tags and domains. I can replay on my own time, pause as needed and absorb the feedback better than a traditional face to face meeting and observation.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to locate videos. If someone shares a video of me, I have to search in my huddles where it went. It would be cool to have a dashboard that shows like a timeline of videos submitted.

IC

Ivelisse C.

Sibme Review

I loved the opportunity to listen and provide feedback on specific parts of the lesson. I think it was beneficials for teachers to record themselves and choose their best lesson to share with me. Hopefully, we will use it more next year once we go back to in person teaching but wondereing if you could add feature or share ideas on how to use it in a virtual classroom.

Pros

The feature that I like the most was the easy access from different devices. I could use my phone, ipad or computer to record and have them available.

Cons

I don't have any cons. I used it last year but this year since it is virtual I haven't tried it yet. is there an option to record screens in virtual classrooms?

SA

Stephanie A.

Education Management, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

A Critical Tool for Lifelong Teacher Learning

Pros

Sibme is more than a software. It is a company dedicated to teacher learning through authentic, meaningful and personalized experiences grounded in classroom practices. It brings an innovative and intuitive platform directly to educators so they can reflect, refine and think forward about their instructional practices to better meet the needs of the students in front of them.

Cons

I have no suggestions for improvement. I have had excellent experiences with Sibme.

AE

Alexandria E.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Seeing Is Truly Believing

Pros

Sibme has been an invaluable tool for intentional coaching and support! The platform has limited the physical and emotional barriers that sometimes come with conducting classroom observations. Using the video provides users an opportunity to slow the observation down and the time stamped commentary builds a bridge for two way communication and reflection. This technological software has humanized the observation process for the betterment of both our students and teachers.

Cons

N/A Maybe a next level suggestion could be to have a timeline graphic feature for individual huddles that illustrates the activity within the huddle. It would also be nice to track growth with action steps when using checklists.

JP

James P.

Taking Observation and Feedback to the Next Level

My experience with Sibme has been excellent. All members of the organization are professional and customer focused.

Pros

Sibme has helped take our system for observation and feedback to the next level. This tool allows administrators and teachers to see instruction and take actionable next steps to improve outcomes for all students.

Cons

It is difficult to upload observation rubrics from our statewide system (TKES).

TE

Taylor E.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Tool for Teacher Coaching and Building Reflective Practice

Our overall experience with Sibme has bee very positive. Using video observation has helped foster reflective practice in our teaching staff and helped coaches and administrators to collaborate and calibrate even when we can't all be in the same place at the same time.

Pros

Sibme is an easy to use platform that helps teachers and administrators work together to reflect on lessons and improve practice. I love that teachers and admin are able to upload videos and that you can create collaboration groups and a video library of best practices aligned to whatever teacher effectiveness framework you use.

Cons

The usage reports on the admin end can be a little misleading as there is no catch for videos that are uploaded multiple times, so sometimes at first glance it may look like usage is high when in fact it was one video counted 2 or 3 times. That being said, it is pretty easy to go in and run a report to see where there are repeats.

TB

Tia B.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Review by TB

Pretty good. Easy to use.

Pros

It is easy to put all things in one place.

Cons

Until recently we could not screen capture and this made it very difficult to put items in that we needed to coach and view. Also, the tab to write tasks on does not order them correctly. Each time you go in you have to reorder them. That is a time waster.

AY

Annie Y.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Simple to use

Pros

Super fast at uploading (faster than uploading to Drive for example) - makes it easy to quickly create an archive of watchable videos

Cons

I wish this program could be integrated more with Google versus being completely in-house. It would be easier if we could also sync it and link it without someone needing an account as a lot of the issues are a result of login issues.

MC

Marco C.

Sibme Feedback

Great!

Pros

Allows for group interaction to gage student teacher performance. Likewise, students benefit from feedback including recommendations and commendations.

Cons

Probably more flexibility in the video feedback box.

NH

Nicole H.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Great experience thus far with Sibme!

I feel that the employees are professional, the development aspects are fast and responsive. 50% of why I am sticking with this product is just working with their team.

Pros

For the price, I feel that the tool has the major elements I am looking for. It has the flexibility to assess students both on an individual and a group basis. The video commenting/tagging feature is exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

Hoping for SSO to MS Office and an improved integration with Canvas, right now, it's just a pass through.

DA

Dana A.

Use Sibme With Easaea

My overall experience with Sibme has been positive. It has allowed me to work with others in a productive and dynamic workspace.

Pros

I most like the video recording and annotating ability.

Cons

I least like the difficulty logging in sometimes. It may take up to 5 attempts.

SW

Sheri W.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

A Teacher's Point of View

As a teacher, I was required to choose a personal professional goal for the year and I chose to set some goals as far as improvements I could make in my teaching methods and have my Instructional Coach video me. We would then have regular meetings to view the video and reflect on the goals and my progress. Sibme proved to be the ideal tool as my IC was able to literally pull apart the video and comment at different points and the feedback was invaluable. Not only were the video features very useful, but there were multiple ways for her to communicate with me re: the overall status of her comments ie: when they were available and when videos were uploaded. It greatly contributed to me attaining my goals and making the process easy and effective.

Pros

The ease of use and the flexibility allowing it to be used for multiple purposes

Cons

I did not find anything that was difficult or needed improvement