Sibme Reviews

Pros

Sibme has been the best option we have used. Not only do they provide a quality product, but their customer service and innovation teams are unmatched.

Dr. Laura C.

I love how easy it is to navigate and set up coachees and huddles; this platform is great for collaboration and learning. The webinars and training offered by Sibme are great.

Alejandra S.

It is pretty painless to upload and comment on others videos. Especially in the situation we are in now, this is a nice way to be able to help each other improve.

Michael S.

Cons

We have tried resetting and everything, but it won't work, so it is a shame because my company still relies on the software but I am unable to participate.

Reynaldo C.

Setting up custom indicators has been a struggle. The buttons are not standard and hard to understand.

Lesley F.

I am forced to use sibme, so personally I hate it.

Trent C.

Great Platform for Schools

Transcript

Sean: Hi, I'm Sean, Head of Schools. I give Sibme a four out of five. For more reviews like this, click...

Works well with struggling teachers

Pros

This software works well when trying to develop struggling teachers. It allows you to give them feedback from actual lessons with the chance for them to see themselves. True growth can occur when used correctly.

Cons

Its a little hard to configure in the beginning but smooth after you play with it for a while...

Comprehensive and private

Great! As an instructional coach, private conversations that are non-evaluative need lead to growth. Teachers can be more vulnerable when looking at evidence when they know it is between us and that the evidence is there when they are in the coaching cycle.

Pros

The tool allows for private goal setting, communication, and evidence collection.

Cons

As a stand-alone and private tool, in education, it can feel like “one more thing.” I have to emphasize the fact that privacy features also mean it is self-contained.

Strong Mission and Responsive Staff, but Glitchy Product

It's a promising platform that has helped us unlock sharing potential in our organization. However, it feels on shaky technological ground for the ways our team uses it. As the administration liaison, I spend too much time putting out small fires and trying to understand what is a Sibme issue versus something a team member is doing wrong.

Pros

The core features are usually solid and intuitive to new users - adding team members, uploading and commenting on videos. As an education leadership coaching organization with over 50 coaches, we have used Sibme to help our coaches re-watch and improve upon their own practices by letting development conversations be grounded in real examples of their work. Plus, other non-coaching staff now have an easy window into coaching without pestering coaches! In our COVID virtual coaching environment, grounding org learning in video sharing was invaluable. It saves everyone time and the collaboration features to enhance this org learning (commenting, sharing, tagging pre-set categories) are easy to use.

Cons

Though the core service is solid, I encounter tech glitches and question marks at a frustratingly high rate. It's small things - user permission mismatch across pages, confusing naming conventions (the account wide "Admin-User-Viewer" and Huddle-level "Admin-Member-Viewer" have very similar names but different meanings, which is confusing), audio issues for uploads, and several areas of confusion or...

Ease of implementation - multiple industry uses

We have been thoroughly pleased with the product and would recommend to others in higher ed or responsible for supporting early career teachers.

Pros

Very intuitive user interface, security/mobility of content, multiple uses to support interaction between small groups of educators or to support large conference-style events, efficiencies built into product and customizable by responsive development team.

Cons

Communication from within the system to end users can be excessive - ability to opt out of messages is a feature but less prominent in the user interface. Some analytics of interest are not yet available, but responsiveness of development team speaks to SIBME's ability to be adaptive.

Cal U Review

I love Sibme. It has made my work more seamless, provided more options for coaching teacher candidates, and allowed me to continue to do my job efficiently when I wouldn't be able to otherwise (e.g., video-coach during the pandemic when schools weren't allowing visitors). It has allowed me and my colleagues to develop new assignments in my courses, particularly peer-observation. It has also made a once excruciating assignment (video-recording yourself teaching) an acceptable and desirable task. Moreover, the customer service is wonderful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been so helpful, and I appreciate that they keep me on my toes with check-ins. I also appreciate all of the Learning Center material.

Pros

Sibme as alot of great features that are useful for my work with teachers candidates. It's particularly impactful in supporting teacher candidate growth through the video-recording and time-stamped feedback. It's also useful for the supervisor to document strengths and needs for the candidates. I particularly like that I can attached my feedback to our clinical practice tool that I entered into...

Cons

I'd like to be able to obtain more data analytics on teacher candidate performance based on my inputs. For example, being able to look at the data for cohorts of teachers rather than just individuals. Overall, I feel like I'm still learning about the software, so I may not be using the data analytics to its full extent.

Accessible to all user abilities

I was first drawn to use the Sibme platform because of the accessibility and friendliness of our Sibme contacts. During the training sessions we became more convinced that this was the correct product for our student teachers’ observations. It proved to be even more worthwhile than we could have imagined. We were able to incorporate our own observation rubrics and customize the platform to work best for our programs. The student teachers find it very easy to use and even our veteran mentors quickly caught on to how the platform operates. The Sibme platform provided our university and entrée into remote observations even prior to the current pandemic.

Pros

We have a variety of users from very technology challenged to technology is second nature. With a combination of strong training from Sibme and a good product and customer service all of our users were able to quickly access the platform to support student teachers.

Cons

Since this product was originally created for Lowe usage in elementary and secondary school systems, our much higher usage for university mentors and student teachers has had a few technology glitches - some user error. However, every problem was immediately taken care of and corrected by Sibme customer Service.

Sibme- A coaches' godsend

Teacher Observation Time and Location Concerns Sharing observation with peers

Pros

I really like that sibme allowed to be in 2 places at once. With multiple teachers to observe, some times I would want to be in one classroom at a specific time that was already allocated to observe another teacher. I could record the additional classroom, watch it later and even write in my feedback at specific moments in the video. It helped me to prepare for my coaching sessions, then I could share...

Cons

I remember that some other coaches had difficulty transfering video due to space issues on their devices and naming the videos was could be awkward. Especially after a day or 2, when you would go back, it sometimes took a few minutes to find your videos.

Clinical Practice Usage

I think this platform is excellent for clinical practice student teaching and an inductiom program.

Pros

SIBME is very easy to use and the application is user friendly. I love the ease of uploading my videos whether it's recordings from my phone, ipad/tablet or laptop, and share and/or transfer files. I do not use up any data on my personal devices for uploading videos to the SIBME app. This is a big plus for me because I can record a video that's longer than 45 mins AND the quality of my video is not...

Cons

Initially, it was a little difficult navigating the system as this learning platform was new to me. However, my university provided step by step protocols of how I should document and share files that is unique to their expectations and I was able to move forward from there.

Excellent choice for our needs

Pros

Sibme is easy to use and works very well for our needs. We have a constant flow of new users into our trainings, so need a platform that is intuitive such that people can get going quickly. Our work is not typical among Sibme users, so we have uncovered some bugs. Technical support from Sibme has been very good at addressing these.

Cons

Data exporting functionality is not that great. Additionally, there should be a 10 second backup/10 second forward option on the scrub bar. The backup feature works too slowly.There should be some way to zoom in on the scrub bar or some other way to address the problem of overcrowding when there are a lot of comments on a video.

Cool product, but difficult to use

Pros

You can have multiple places to share -one with your manager -one with your team -one with your network etc It's convenient to have a shared platform across the board.

Cons

It's not very intuitive. You have to upload more than once. For many folks, it was difficult to use, so I was often explaining it. This con greatly outweighed the Pros for me because our staff couldn't use it effectively. If it was more user-friendly, I would love it!

Great Tool!

The added value from Sibme to our Educator Preparation of our Teacher Candidates.

Pros

Sibme has been extremely helpful in preparing our Teacher Candidates for the classroom. It was very easy to implement and give constructive feedback to our Teacher Candidates. It was so valuable during COVID which no one could have imagined. We were so excited that we had Sibme in place prior to COVID. The support from Sibme is excellent, professional, the leader and staff are always willing to support with any questions we may have.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say as it relates to Sibme.

Excellent Support

Sibme is a wonderful platform for our Educational Service District to use with coaching elementary teachers around early literacy practices. The support Sibme offers is fantastic. The response time is great and the willingness to explain and problem-solve is extremely helpful.

Pros

The Sibme software makes virtual coaching organized and efficient. I love the ability to review the video clips the teachers send with their time-stamped reflective comments. I can then add my own responses and time-stamped comments. This is a great way to collaborate asynchronously.

Cons

Because Sibme can do so many things, it can be a little challenging to use at first. The more you use it, however, the easier it becomes.

Great for Observations and Providing Feedback

Pros

I love that I can record an instructor and then use the recording as a tool to debrief the observation. The instructor can add comments and then I can go in, review the comments, and then add my own. I can also add a rubric and mark specific places in the recording that align with the scores. It is especially nice if you cannot be face to face or you have limited face to face time. I also love that I can set up groups where instructors can chat with each other and collaborate, post documents and links, as well as individual discussion questions. It really helps me organize and stay on track with observations and instructor conferences.

Cons

Some of the functionality is a little clunky and requires a lot of clicks especially if I am setting up observation resources for multiple instructors. However, they are open to feedback and have always been very helpful when we have gone to them with a request. Their customer support is excellent and I never hesitate to reach out.

Bridging the Gap for Video Observations

Pros

When I can only observe my teachers via video recording, Sibme solves two common logistical problems: 1) not enough storage space or bandwidth to store or upload large video files, and 2) having notes about an observation but losing the spot in a video they’re connected to. When I or a teacher record with Sibme, it uploads to their cloud without using storage or taking a long time to upload or process like on Google Drive. When I comment on the video while observing, it ties my comment to the time stamp on the video. This allows teachers to immediately get my feedback and see for themselves what I’m referring to.

Cons

Using Sibme when most of my teachers are teaching on Zoom has been difficult, but when my teachers go back in person and I can’t be in the classroom with them for safety reasons, it’s a life saver. Navigating the huddles and library can be confusing at first, but once you understand how the folders are organized it’s not an issue.

Best platform for virtual instructional coaching

Amazing. They have offered free trials. Stayed connected and been patient and kind as we worked together to form this partnership. I would recommend this company and product to anyone who asks.

Pros

We chose this amazing product because of its ease of use. We loved how it enables collaboration not only one on one but also collaborative teams. The ability to curate our own library of exemplars to share was also a very big plus. The SIBME on boarding was one of the best online trainings I have taken to this date. The teams sequence of teaching allowed us to quickly feel adept at navigating the platform. Customer service is second to none. Very responsive, knowledgeable and kind. We are excited to try the new scheduling integrations. SIBME is in touch with current practice and stays ahead of the innovation curve to provide useful products and services.

Cons

I have not experienced anything to dislike about the product or services that I have received this far.

Value Added Coaching

We have been using SIBME for the last 4 years. It is a pleasure working with the SIBME TEAM. They are responsive and take care of issues immediately. Coaches that have found value in video coaching really like using SIBME.

Pros

The software was our answer to saving and learning from video. It gave us a platform to give feedback on line and within the video. We also liked the huddle feature where several folks can join in the conversation to review and give feedback.

Cons

We quickly learned that it was not going to work if we were not all using the same video equipment. Once we knew that, we quickly bought a backpack and all technology for our coaches so they would have the ease of using SIBME.

Excellent tool for Enhancing the Coaching Relationship

The Sibme team has been an incredible partner in the work. They are always responsive and solve problems and deliver support in rapid fashion. The toolset has much to offer and we believe it will truly enhance our coaching partnerships.

Pros

Sibme is a well-conceived asynchronous coaching tool that enhances the coaching relationship with leaders and teachers. It extends the reach of the coaching relationship and creates opportunities for personalizing the professional learning experience through video-enhanced professional learning. Most notably, the mobile app is fully functional and incorporates all the web-based features. This was a real differentiator. The Sibme team is always innovating.

Cons

It warrants a culture shift in the way we coach. This requires a learning journey that both our coaching team and the leaders and teachers we coach have to be willing to take. We think there's real value in making the leap to blended coaching, but it does place an added burden on all stakeholders.

We love Sibme

Pros

It allows us to record classes and comment on the actions of teachers and students. This app facilitates giving feedback to teacher. It is very reliable. The team keeps adding new features like screen recording and goals for users. This app has helped us enhance teacher professional development by allowing us to effectively record lessons and feedback sessions. Also, customer service is really good and fast when we need help setting something up.

Cons

The Sibme team was available for translating the app to Spanish. This was a very good thing, but my least favorite thing is that this has produced some bugs and glitches . Nevertheless, the team has acted quickly to solve each problem.

Track Your Teaching

Overall the experience has been fantastic!

Pros

We currently use Sibme to track the development and progress of Teacher Candidates in our Teacher Education Program. I believe it is extremely useful for Teacher Candidates to be able to reflect and see their teaching in action to foster more growth and development.

Cons

There is no notification system for Admins to be notified when a new Teacher Candidate has registered with the School Code.

Efficiency

Sibme has been a wonderful much needed software. The support team was especially helpful in the set up. The team was extremely patient in the set up stages. It’s been a fantastic experience.

Pros

I needed a software they allowed for quick, simple scheduling. It’s neat to look at, uncomplicated enough for children to sign in and use. Also great for adults who are not computer savvy.

Cons

I love the software. No negatives so far.

Great Customer Service!

My experience has been great especially in the era of long distance learning. The opportunity to be able to view classrooms via video and chat with my students has been an amazing tool.

Pros

The help desk is fantastic and usually responds within minutes of asking a question. Some of the uploads and various huddles may be confusing for both students and administrators. I appreciate the immediate response from Customer Service to offer advice, articles and a solution to any difficulties we have encountered.

Cons

My students struggle a bit with uploading to a huddle and then being able to upload again to the same huddle. Perhaps some more information or an easier format would help.

Useful Coaching Software for Virtual Communication & Data

I believe once everything is set up, it will be all encompasses of the different things we are using already.

Pros

Features that were most impactful was the ability to have data securely uploaded from multiple people that later can exported for research. There are places for quantitative and qualitative information. Scheduling with our partners is a great integration that links to our current calendar, as well as, the ability to use Zoom within the software. It supports our current system of providing professional development with huddles, places to collaborated and action items to support skills to work on.

Cons

For me, it is not as user friendly as I would like because of the multiple steps needed to create the framework and templates. I've watched several tutorials to complete a function. With some items being the same it is hard to make distinction between them with a picture instead of their name or email address. Viewing all the activity upon opening looks busy and can be overwhelming. Things could be more simple. Sometimes too many bells and whistles makes things more complicated.

Must Have!

Overall, I am pleased with the product. If support is needed then the Sibme team is there.

Pros

I love that the software has all of the "bells and whistles" that support my role as a coach to pre-k educators. The program is reasonably priced and the customer service team is dynamic! I look forward to becoming more familiar with the software and onboarding my teaching teams.

Cons

The system is a bit complex and it would be great if there were information icons above some of the features to guide or provide information about the feature. The zoom integration feature has been a challenge to adjust to and is a bit complicated to use. The software may be a bit challenging for those who are not as tech savvy so time will need to be taken during setup and onboarding of teachers and teams. More tutorial videos on YouTube with concrete exampled of how to set up the system would be helpful.

Great tool for educator teaching development

I have nothing but great thing to say about Sibme. Customer support has always been very strong and the product is fantastic.

Pros

I love using Sibme software as a tool in classroom observations. It is easy to access and use and allows me to capture the observation for teacher development & collaboration. Whether I am walking a classroom in person or capturing the classroom virtually, Sibme can be used to record observations. I love that there is no additional step needed following a recording session...Sibme instantly uploads the video to my account where i can share it with stakeholders.

Cons

Nothing! Depending on how you want to use Sibme, there may be some setup that takes time, but once you have the set up complete...it is quick and easy to use.

Effective Software

Pros

As a program implementing instructional and equity coaching across the state and a number of districts, the implementation of Sibme into the process has been invaluable. It has allowed the instructional coaches to streamlines classroom observations, conversations, and feedback for all of the people who are part of the master's degree program at the University of Arkansas.

Cons

THere has been nothing about the software that I dislike. My team has been able to take care of all of our needs with the software's features.