CamScanner Logo

Suggested alternatives

ecit-digital
tipalti
pdf-studio

CamScanner is a great tool that I am grateful to have discovered. I will continue using it as long as it's free.
The fact that we can apply different filters which best suit our need is awesome. It also supports sharing of the document to various other messenger platforms and email which is very useful.
It has some issues while scanning document it got hanged or just stuck then we will have to close and again open app. Hope this problem will be sort out soon.
There is a required watermark on all scans unless you pay for them. I understand this, but it was my least.
If you are using it regularly then you won't face too many problems.

Kelli D.

CCO

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

CamScanner Review: Scan On The Go!

Transcript

Kelli D.: My name is Kelli. I'm the CCO at a small company, under 10 folks, and on a one to five, I've...

Ellie B.

Executive Director

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great for scanning documents on the go

Transcript

Ellie: My name is Ellie. I'm senior grants manager. I give CamScanner five stars. And for more reviews...

Onkar S.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best smartphone scanner application

Pros

- Adjust the scan quality so that the text is clear and crisp, also different filters can be applied on the pages of the document. - Share scanned documents by sharing a link to the document, emailing it, or uploading it on social media like WhatsApp Or telegram. - There are editing features and tools available for different uses. A passcode can be applied to protect documents.

Cons

- The trial version has a watermark, so you'll have to buy the premium version if you don't want the camscanner watermark on any of your scanned documents. - Advertisements begin to flow across the screen while using the application, making it difficult for users to scan.

Computer Software, self-employed

Easily turn your phone into a scanner

I liked it very much, and it is easy to use and very fast in dealing with images and extracting them for you with the desired result, helped me to keep many important papers and documents in high quality in my phone

Pros

Many times we are in an academic or professional place and we want to keep a copy of important documents and papers, and because we do not have a scanner, we cannot keep them in a high copy, and at that moment we photograph them using the phone only, but they are very bad due to their poor quality, then CamScanner application came to solve this is the problem. It captures high-quality documents that...

Cons

The free version is full of ads that make it impossible to use and very annoying at times when we are in a hurry

IS

Ian S.

Entertainment, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

SHAME on YOU CAM SCAMMER

Pros

Cons

There is predatory advertising which YOU HAVE ALLOWED in the free version, which is a mimic of the working screen. When clicked, it takes you to an investment site. These people should not be allowed to do this. Sure, there are small letters saying advertisement but when you’re on the go, you click it thinking your are actually using the app but are taken to another site which is SAXO INVESTMENTS. Do something about this please! I have screen shots and an happy to share

Sandeep T.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Easy way to transform data and informations

It was awesome and still is. I being a student has to depend a lot on Camscanner. It was easy to operate and is versatile while sharing. Even when the picture data was not clear, Camscanner's MagicText used to make it clear which was life saving.

Pros

The way it allows us to convert pictures into pdf is the most valuable function. It uses lesser space so is compatible to various devices. The color fonts and trimming or cropping option are so advanced and can be modified as you like. It can convert pictures to word , excel, ppt, doc and many more. It has got functionality to save the created file in the software itself and has an easy option to share the formed files instantly to various platforms. The usage is so versatile various people prefer and recommend CamScanner.

Cons

The cons for the software is we cant access to other functions of not upgraded to pro version. It takes a bit longer time to transform files. Sometimes in old devices it gets crash which leads to loss of the progress.

Darina U.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Scanning with a camera

Pros

I'm amazed by the opportunity to have portable and easy to use scanner in my pocket, on my phone! It very useful for scanning, aligning, printing and editing documents. The greatest feature of it is that it is free. It is affordable for all regular users and can be easily upgraded with paid features when needed. I find it useful to be able to arrange the photos of documents and of other paper work in folders. I have used it successfully to store and classify my paper notes while studying.

Cons

In some cases, photos that I'm taking one after another are getting automatically sorted togetger in a separate folder by the app. I would like the app to have a feature for choosing whete to add the new photos to.

Abhik B.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

One of the best app that turns your mobile phone into a mini scanner.

I must agree that CamScanner is one of the best apps available to scan using a mobile phone camera.

Pros

The CamScanner detects the page boundaries correctly in most cases. It also allows selecting the page boundary manually and straightening the scanned page according to the boundary. The scanned files are also processed with AI-based technology to make them appear more real.

Cons

The free version of the software has too many limitations, and it shows lots of ads. The paid version comes with a monthly premium which is costly and many users can't afford it.

Syed Faizan A.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Helper in online Exams

Pros

CamScanner is a free application that can be installed through play store on Android. It is very advantageous for scanning pictures. In online exams, it saves my time in making a pdf file. CamScanner also gives option to write and rename the file title. If my file becomes too large, I simply compress it to reduces the file size into half of it. It allows to share the picture as JPEG and pdf format. It automatically crop the required area of the image. Some other features are editing the documents, import file from gallery and save the file into gallery.

Cons

It is a free application but some features are only available if I upgrade it to premium.

Aldo M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

The best scanner ever.

Pros

High quality image and has many tools for anything. It's AMAZING.

Cons

Sometimes i had faced crashes and freezing, but it isn't recurring.

Loay E.

Civil Engineering, 10,001+ employees

Camscanner is awesome worker friend ❤️

I solve most of the work site documents by camscanner and its very helpful.

Pros

Easy to use and simple to modify also the functions that camscanner offers are extraordinary.

Cons

Nothing can be considered as bad but maybe is a little bit expensive.

Kyanij M.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Best way to digitized the documents

I am happy with this app because it helps me in converting my notes written in the hard copy to the digitized form. It's very useful and handy when it comes to digitized documents. I suggest everyone to use this app who wants to have optimized best quality digitized documents.

Pros

I love the way this app digitizes the document so quickly. It also gives me the best-optimized quality with a feature of text and graphics auto enhancing. Moreover, it assists me in sharing the scanned document pdf with the friends easily. Besides that, I like the search functionality because I can easily find documents just by entering the keyword.

Cons

If I want to convert an image to a text or word file, it requires a premium subscription. Also, I cannot remove watermarks or ads unless I subscribe to the premium service.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

A useful tool for students.

My overall experience with camscanner is excellent . I use this on daily basis as I have to submit my assignments via mail,so scanning handwritten assignment by camscanner is easy and simple .It is a very handy tool for students like me. Overall camscanner is best and satisfactory for students.

Pros

very handy tool. Best quality pdf can be created. filters can be used to customise the document scanned.multiple pages can be scanned on batch mode that is a good feature.I use camscanner in daily basis and i am satisfied with its features and I also had recommended it to my colleagues and friends.

Cons

It has very less cons so far.One of them is that the watermarks can't be removed in free version.and the documents are to be edited individually in batch mode also.that is a bit time consuming. Premium version is a bit costly for students like me.

Industrial Automation, 51-200 employees

Free mobile application for scanning documents

I used this app since last 1-2 years and I think I am not facing any kind of difficulty in it.

Pros

CamScanner is best application for scanning your documents and share the image as pdf or jpeg format. It has another fabulous option that it can convert your photo into text. You can scan multiple pages in a single file and directly convert into pdf through one click only. It has multiple features such as editing the documents, import from gallery, save to gallery, rename the file and many more. You can also make a collage of multiple pages in different templates. It gives you the clear scanning result in different filters.

Cons

Some features of CamScanner is only accessible by upgrading the app into premium and gold after paying the subscription fees.

MT

Mariem T.

Farming, 11-50 employees

The Ultimate Document Management Tool

Overall, my experience with CamScanner was highly positive and exceeded my expectations for a mobile document scanning and management app.

Pros

The ability to easily scan, crop, and enhance documents made the process of digitizing paper documents a breeze.

Cons

The free version of CamScanner contained a significant amount of ads, which could be distracting and disrupt the overall user experience.

MG

Marcie G.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great product a little pricey for personal use.

My overall experience with cam scanner has been excellent. I see the value in each of the features offered. I only wish I could have gotten more done during the 3-day free trial. I think the price is a little too high for me to keep the app for home use. After I cancel my free trial, maybe I will be presented with other less expensive options or find a promo code? If not I think I will find a free app with fewer features for home use.

Pros

My Husband used CamScanner daily at his previous job to send time sheets & other docs to the office from the field. He raved about it, saying you could turn anything into a PDF, attach pics & then send it directly from the app. He is not a tech person, so this says a lot about the ease of use. So, I signed up for the free trial to scan in some IDs & documents at home. I also used the e-signiture feature. I found it super easy to learn & use. There is an array of useful features ie. Collage so I can condense multiple pages of a contract into one. Encryption, to safely send sensitive documents & the list just goes on. If you have allot of this to do I would definitely recommend CamScanner.

Cons

For home or personal use I think the premium price is a little high unless you have enough to do to justify the price. They do however have a system of earning credits that can be exchanged for premium services over time. I don't completely understand how the program works so I don't want to comment on that too much. If you are using the application for a business I think the price is more than justified. I was only given the option to start a free trial for 3 days then pay the premium price of 49-ish dollars.

Ali Qammar R.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Scan and convert your documents to PDF on the Go!!!

Overall Experience is great so far.

Pros

It lets users to take a picture of their documents and convert them into one pdf file with ease. There are different features that you can use including which type of document you want to scan e.g. ID card, Single pager document, Batch, Book, Question Book, QR code etc etc. File conversion options are also available in CamScanner. It pretty much fulfills all the needs of a corporate employee.

Cons

Sometimes the application crashes on iphone. Especially after recent upgrade to new iOS version 14.7.1.

Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees

The best app according to me for scanning!

My overall experience with CamScanner has been wonderful in-terms of the utility and the convenience of usage.

Pros

The most I like about this software is the fact that the ease through which I could scan my required stuff and the way the unwanted part on the images captured through the app gets eliminated and how the scanning is soo well done to obtain the enhanced end product which is the final scanned product. In case of a student account or a paid subscription, there's no watermark as well on the scanned documents and the app is absolutely free for use. I really appreciate the way this product treats students!!

Cons

The least I like about this software is the fact that the shadows aren't taken well care of and I really look forward to the enhanced version of this app with the shadows well taken care and the final scanned product being more clear.

MH

Michael H.

Music, self-employed

Essential Software

Makes retaining and labeling documents and converting them to PDFs a breeze.

Pros

I used this on the phone more often than the software on the computer for it was has more features and is faster.

Cons

No matters that I can complain about. I believe the developer is on top of things.

JG

Jay G.

Construction, 51-200 employees

An Easy Way To Convert Images

Overall I will recommend this application to everyone because its make our work very easy in our daily life and can save the time & stationary charges too.

Pros

This app is very useful to convert and high quality images as well as scanning and sharing by converting it to pdf or jpg file which makes work so easy for business & private company works.

Cons

The one thing which I dislike is the advertisement in between the application using is somewhat disturbing.

SC

Samamara C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I use CamScanner daily for documents in general, easy and practical

What I liked most about the CamScanner app was the precision with which it frames documents, photos and converts photos to pdf format.

Pros

My experience with the application was good, since it showed me that it is possible to take a photo of something and transform it into a document in the desired format

Cons

Some CamScanner tools only work with a subscription, you should release some functions that are paid for free as well

Chandrakeerthan P.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Best document scanner

Converting a PDF with Camscanner is simple. Using the tools available, we can alter the text and photos. The automatic image cropping is the key benefit.

Pros

You can now scan a visual media without a printer with CamScanner. All you need is your phone. Impressive scanning quality is obtained. The app is straightforward and simple to use. CamScanner makes scanning a breeze. I appreciate that CamScanner allows you to scan a portion of the visual medium.

Cons

Other capabilities like converting it to a word document, which is amazing, and even removing the watermark require payment. Although the quality is somewhat lacking, it is expected given that it is free.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

A good scanning app aimed for users who are exploring free scanning softwares

My overall experience was good with this app. I will recommend using this app to people who are looking for some light-weight scanning mobile application

Pros

I have used this app for two years. In this period, I have observed the following pros of this app: (1) It supports scanning from multiple media (ranging from business cards, PowerPoint slides, excel sheets, etc), which is often missing in the peer apps (2) It allows exporting in different formats (3) It allows manual tweaking of the scanned image quality, which is missing in some popular peer apps

Cons

Honestly speaking, there were not many cons with this software. However, the major limitations that I found can be resolved are: (1) The watermark on every scanned page needs to get removed (2) The free version doesn't have the OCR version, which is often available in peer scanning apps nowadays.

EJ

Edinete J.

Judiciary, 1-10 employees

Easy handling application that facilitates the work of scanning documents.

document scanning is now a reality and with your smartphone and an app to scan documents you can say goodbye to the printed version of many vouchers.

Pros

The ease and handling of the application that can be used by cell phone, facilitating work anywhere.

Cons

The downside is the various advertisements that can bring embedded malware.

TA

Taha A.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

This is the application that I use to convert PDF and it is good and easy to use

Great app, easy to use and good service

Pros

Arranging files, saving them in PDF format, dragging images, extracting text, and it's easy to use

Cons

I can't edit the file name and the watermark is not good enough to appear at the bottom of the page

JG

Janine G.

Consumer Services, self-employed

CamScanner - PDF documents on Mobile with ease

I use it whenever I need to send some document in PDF and I only have it on printed paper. I can have the facility to do this anytime and wherever I am.

Pros

Easy and fast free resources. Demonstration of use for new users. Quick to scan and save documents wherever you are.

Cons

They could release some more features in the free version like saving two-sided documents.

IA

Iheanyi A.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

No scanner device needed again

Pros

This software eliminated the need to use a usual scanner to scan documents. With you mobile phone, any document can be scanned with the camera and automatically oriented and smoothened. You can also save in any format of your choice.

Cons

This software hasn't posed any difficulty hence, not Cons.