CamScanner Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.02/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

CamScanner is best application for scanning your documents and share the image as pdf or jpeg format. It has another fabulous option that it can convert your photo into text.
CamScanner is a great tool that I am grateful to have discovered. I will continue using it as long as it's free.
I like that it is easy to use and the documents are perfectly scanned.
It has some issues while scanning document it got hanged or just stuck then we will have to close and again open app. Hope this problem will be sort out soon.
There is a required watermark on all scans unless you pay for them. I understand this, but it was my least.
If you are using it regularly then you won't face too many problems.

Ellie B.

Executive Director

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great for scanning documents on the go

Transcript

Ellie: My name is Ellie. I'm senior grants manager. I give CamScanner five stars. And for more reviews...

Abid S.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

The Best Documents Scanning Tool

I am completely satisfied with the working and features of CamScanner and i am using it from last 5 years for scanning documents for official and personal use.

Pros

With CamScanner there is no need of scanner device because now your mobile camera is your scanner and you can easily scan any documents anywhere. You can also extract texts from scanned images very easily and share them with your desired audience. Other best features of CamScanner includes document settings, PDF conversion and import to gallery. You can also digitised your notes instead of keeping them in hard form without any hasstle.

Cons

Every documents which scanned via CamScanner contains name of CamScanner written in the footer of scanning which i think should be remove other than that i am satisfied with the working and features of CamScanner.

Computer Software, self-employed

Easily turn your phone into a scanner

I liked it very much, and it is easy to use and very fast in dealing with images and extracting them for you with the desired result, helped me to keep many important papers and documents in high quality in my phone

Pros

Many times we are in an academic or professional place and we want to keep a copy of important documents and papers, and because we do not have a scanner, we cannot keep them in a high copy, and at that moment we photograph them using the phone only, but they are very bad due to their poor quality, then CamScanner application came to solve this is the problem. It captures high-quality documents that...

Cons

The free version is full of ads that make it impossible to use and very annoying at times when we are in a hurry

IS

Ian S.

Entertainment, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

SHAME on YOU CAM SCAMMER

Pros

Cons

There is predatory advertising which YOU HAVE ALLOWED in the free version, which is a mimic of the working screen. When clicked, it takes you to an investment site. These people should not be allowed to do this. Sure, there are small letters saying advertisement but when you’re on the go, you click it thinking your are actually using the app but are taken to another site which is SAXO INVESTMENTS. Do something about this please! I have screen shots and an happy to share

MF

Muhammad F.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Most reliable text editing and documents converter app

In document management for company using I use camscaner..

Pros

Easy to use convert documents easily in pdf format a lot of tool available for editing.

Cons

In app purchasing you can see buy different tool separately for example remove watermark and e-signature and it's expensive..

Antonio B.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Goodbye scanner!

I can't say anything against the product. You do not need to have a scanner, with your mobile phone and the application you can scan whatever you need. Moreover, you can share the scanned documents through the application.

Pros

It is an application that you can't have on your device. How many times do you need to "digitalize" a document? How many times must you scan a document? And, with smart working, with the people not more in the same physical location, exchanging documents is the normality. CamScanner is the response to all of these needs. On top of the features, the product is easy to use: you can quickly and easily scan a document and send it.

Cons

The free version does not let you remove the watermark. This is the main limitation of the free product that you can overcome by buying the license.

Onkar S.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best smartphone scanner application

Pros

- Adjust the scan quality so that the text is clear and crisp, also different filters can be applied on the pages of the document. - Share scanned documents by sharing a link to the document, emailing it, or uploading it on social media like WhatsApp Or telegram. - There are editing features and tools available for different uses. A passcode can be applied to protect documents.

Cons

- The trial version has a watermark, so you'll have to buy the premium version if you don't want the camscanner watermark on any of your scanned documents. - Advertisements begin to flow across the screen while using the application, making it difficult for users to scan.

Darina U.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Scanning with a camera

Pros

I'm amazed by the opportunity to have portable and easy to use scanner in my pocket, on my phone! It very useful for scanning, aligning, printing and editing documents. The greatest feature of it is that it is free. It is affordable for all regular users and can be easily upgraded with paid features when needed. I find it useful to be able to arrange the photos of documents and of other paper work in folders. I have used it successfully to store and classify my paper notes while studying.

Cons

In some cases, photos that I'm taking one after another are getting automatically sorted togetger in a separate folder by the app. I would like the app to have a feature for choosing whete to add the new photos to.

SR

Selena R.

Construction, 11-50 employees

CamScanner to the rescue for on the go

On the go and easy to use and convert any picture and document into a PDF and also save it in their cloud to stay organized.

Pros

I love the ease of the product and how easy it is to use while on the go and out of the office. I even find myself using it while in the office because it's easier and faster to use than trying to scan the document into my customer from a printer/scanner.

Cons

They are always adding new features, there isn't anything I don't like about it .

vm

vishnu m.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

user

overall experience is very good basically I use the app for scanning and converting the document to pdf and jpeg format

Pros

this app is very easy to use in daily life. and a good tool for office work and mailing attachments in emails.

Cons

a handy tool for scanning and converting the document from one format of file to another is excellent in converting into a pdf file but one problem is that we cannot any file in this app.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Cam scanner review

i started using this app in 2015 when my manager want every sheet of paper should save in my computer. Therefore, I found this app as a tool to change my paper work to software documents easilly.

Pros

I like the way this app converting the picture from my camera roll to pdf

Cons

to be frank it is not serious thing, i find difficulty to save the documents

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, self-employed

A useful tool for students.

My overall experience with camscanner is excellent . I use this on daily basis as I have to submit my assignments via mail,so scanning handwritten assignment by camscanner is easy and simple .It is a very handy tool for students like me. Overall camscanner is best and satisfactory for students.

Pros

very handy tool. Best quality pdf can be created. filters can be used to customise the document scanned.multiple pages can be scanned on batch mode that is a good feature.I use camscanner in daily basis and i am satisfied with its features and I also had recommended it to my colleagues and friends.

Cons

It has very less cons so far.One of them is that the watermarks can't be removed in free version.and the documents are to be edited individually in batch mode also.that is a bit time consuming. Premium version is a bit costly for students like me.

Sandeep T.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Easy way to transform data and informations

It was awesome and still is. I being a student has to depend a lot on Camscanner. It was easy to operate and is versatile while sharing. Even when the picture data was not clear, Camscanner's MagicText used to make it clear which was life saving.

Pros

The way it allows us to convert pictures into pdf is the most valuable function. It uses lesser space so is compatible to various devices. The color fonts and trimming or cropping option are so advanced and can be modified as you like. It can convert pictures to word , excel, ppt, doc and many more. It has got functionality to save the created file in the software itself and has an easy option to share the formed files instantly to various platforms. The usage is so versatile various people prefer and recommend CamScanner.

Cons

The cons for the software is we cant access to other functions of not upgraded to pro version. It takes a bit longer time to transform files. Sometimes in old devices it gets crash which leads to loss of the progress.

RM

Rosella M.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Camscanner: A Review From A Daily User

It helped me to easily send the needed papers of our company, because the crop and filter feature made me spend less time editing photos, unlike when I use the built in camera on my phone.

Pros

I like that it is very easy to use, from picture scanning to converting files. It provides ease to people like me who needs quality scanned documents, it easily detects your photos and crops them, but the one I like most is its Magic Color filter, because it bolds and makes text from photos more readable than they actually do.

Cons

The renaming feature can be improve. Make it per photo instead of per folder.

OZ

Olea Z.

Banking, 201-500 employees

Useful solutions even for even for personal needs

Mostly, I'm using this application when I'm not in the office and or I don't have access to the scanner, and I like that I can have the scanner with me wherever I am.

Pros

I’m impressed that having only CamScanner app and a phone camera I can scan any type of paper documents (checks, notes, invoices, discussion boards, business cards, certificates, etc.). Usually, I use this app for work, and I’m grateful to have such an intelligent solution. Now, having only a cell phone we can use it as a multifunction scanner. Sometimes I use to gather all my checks from shopping in one place and calculate monthly expenses integrating them into an Excel document, which also is an amazing feature for me.

Cons

I can't say anything I wouldn't like. One thing is for sure, every day I discover some new features that I would like to apply in practice.

Anwar H.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

It Is Terribly Good App For Mobiles..

Incredible application. So far this is the best Android Mobile scanner I've run over. I'm anticipating opening a greater amount of your highlights. my Son sends his Project to the teacher as a result of this application! Numerous Teachers gripe to send in a pdf and this aides Soo much! It permits a portion of a Lot of photos, and the altering (colors) is spotless. energetically suggest

Pros

I've had individuals in the organization ask me what I use to transfer my records since I didn't have a genuine scanner. They were intrigued by this application, too. Tidies and fixes things up everything looks truly overall quite clean and like I utilized a scanner!

Cons

It has plenty of channels that make the output appear as though it was filtered by a printer. Furthermore, the tools are not difficult to utilize! Is basic and great. I can import different photographs and save time changing them over to pdfs

Jessica G.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Fast and easy mobile scanning application!

I have recommended Camscan to coworkers who wish to quickly document student work, answer keys, or lesson plans for online safe-keeping.

Pros

I love using Camscan as an educator because it allows me to quickly document things and send that documentation on to my email or Google Drive. I began using this application years ago to scan pictures of student work. I could then save those scanned work samples in folders on Google Drive in order to discuss them and pull them up quickly at parent-teacher conferences. I have also used this app for personal matters such as scanning important tax documents or school dimploas and professional certificates.

Cons

I dislike the fact that you must pay to have the Camscan watermark removed from scans. At times, the watermark covers important parts of the document and can be an inconvenience.

BD

Besim D.

Design, 201-500 employees

Amazing app for my use!

My overall experience is just great. It is very easy to use and does not get much of time to scan the documents. Really appreciate this app!

Pros

What I like most about this the ease of use and the good quality of the pictures. Of course the camera should be at its best but this tool has some of the best filters that I have used so far. And also, there is a lot of room of improvement and I hope they keep up.

Cons

What I dont like about this is the ability to join or merge two existing PDFs. Maybe I am wrong but I have tried my best to look for that option for quite some time in this app but I could not find it.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

A good scanning app aimed for users who are exploring free scanning softwares

My overall experience was good with this app. I will recommend using this app to people who are looking for some light-weight scanning mobile application

Pros

I have used this app for two years. In this period, I have observed the following pros of this app: (1) It supports scanning from multiple media (ranging from business cards, PowerPoint slides, excel sheets, etc), which is often missing in the peer apps (2) It allows exporting in different formats (3) It allows manual tweaking of the scanned image quality, which is missing in some popular peer apps

Cons

Honestly speaking, there were not many cons with this software. However, the major limitations that I found can be resolved are: (1) The watermark on every scanned page needs to get removed (2) The free version doesn't have the OCR version, which is often available in peer scanning apps nowadays.

JB

JOEL B.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

CamScanner and my work

When sharing PDF files, they are exported with a watermark, so each user must evaluate accessing the premium option, which also removes all advertising. In my work, many times my documents cannot have a watermark, so I have looked for other solutions.

Pros

The application has a free version and offers the necessary features to work. It detects the document to be scanned very well, the auto-cropping is smart and the filters are good.

Cons

The interface could improve order and clarity when sharing and saving scanned files. In addition, several options will require an account and the premium version, so continuing with the application will depend on each user.

Syed Faizan A.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Helper in online Exams

Pros

CamScanner is a free application that can be installed through play store on Android. It is very advantageous for scanning pictures. In online exams, it saves my time in making a pdf file. CamScanner also gives option to write and rename the file title. If my file becomes too large, I simply compress it to reduces the file size into half of it. It allows to share the picture as JPEG and pdf format. It automatically crop the required area of the image. Some other features are editing the documents, import file from gallery and save the file into gallery.

Cons

It is a free application but some features are only available if I upgrade it to premium.

Computer Hardware, 10,001+ employees

A Scan in your hands!

My experience has been very pleasant using this app. It really has helped me in many situations when I need a scanner. I've been in places where they request a scan in a PDF document for certain documents, they don't accept photos or any jpeg, so this scan tool was the best option.

Pros

The possibility that if I'm in a situation that I need a scan and send a document, I can use this software using my smartphone, scan the document, edit it, save it in PDF, and even send it right away as an attachment weather using email or instant messages.

Cons

I can't really find any cons because when I used I'm pleased with the results and it fulfill the purpose why I'm using it.

HK

Harshil K.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Makes Scanning so easy

Overall I am completely satisfied with what is available and I highly recommend it to all the users as it makes the works pretty simple.

Pros

It is very easy to operate the software. Just a click will makes the other work automatically. There are many features which makes the images or the written document much more useful than what it was before. I used the application version of camscanner and it is working really good. I use this software for my presentations as well as report writing. The clarity and ease of features such as pdf conversion, auto detections are really worthy.

Cons

The pro version is a bit expensive but can be affordable if the use is in extensive way. More features of documentations can be added to it like grammar corrections, translation and many more.

SM

SAAD M.

E-Learning, self-employed

Cam scanner review

From personal experience, I find it very beautiful and I recommend using it

Pros

It can take any picture, no matter what it is, whether it is a book paper or a paper pasted on the wall, and convert it to a PDF, or it can convert it as an image format with very high accuracy.

Cons

The presence of the watermark and financial subscriptions in the card imaging mode, etc.

MA

Marissa A.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great Scanner for your Endless Paperworks

It is great. A free app that will help you to scan the documents in handy. No need to buy scanner.

Pros

I would like to appreciate this app. They make it easier for my job as an educator especially right now that we have pandemic. I can scan the my personal documents, worksheets and other papers related to work. There is also option if you want a coloured or blank and white scan , what is totally great we have image to text! Great app

Cons

It would be really great if they can lower the price for upgrade and avail some privilege which is unlimited.

SM

Samuel M.

Education Management, self-employed

Why I Love Using Camscanner

Now I do not need a scanner to scan my documents. This has helped me big time.

Pros

The thing I liked most about CamScanner is the ease of use. With my phone I can convert any hard copy file into digital record wherever I am. Integrating this product in the work I do was seamless. The software is a true gem.

Cons

The developers should include a feature that boosts lighting and reduces shadows.