Yodeck Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.43/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Love all the exciting features, the layouts and uploads are super simple and user friendly.

lf

lindsay f.

JG

Jessica G.

Very good, the sales team has been very supportive and the help team has been very quick to reply and help me with a solution.

BJ

Brad J.

One box made problems while connecting to WiFi and I still don't really know why. There could be more How-To informations on the internet to be able to fix those problems by yourself.

VB

Valentin B.

At this point the only thing that I struggle with is not being able to view what is playing on our Monitors without going to the actual area where the monitors are located.

JM

John M.

The only problem I experienced was with the scheduling module. Not being able to set a schedule to occur on a particular day for a period means a lot of additional manual scheduling.

Lawrence W.

ScreenCloud-logocaret

ScreenCloud

OnSign TV-logocaret

OnSign TV

How would you rate Yodeck?

Michael O.

Production Manager

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent for digital bulletin boards

Transcript

Michael O.: Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a production manager for a consumer products manufacturer, and I'd give...

Simple, effective, and scalable

Transcript

Barry: Hi, I'm Barry. I'm the corporate director of marketing and communications. I give Yodeck a five....

More than meets our needs

We switched to yodeck for all our displays after our previous display company had abandoned their software and didn't provide any updates for windows 8 and up. Yodeck offered more flexibility, on a less expensive platform (Raspberry Pi) vs a micro computer. We rarely have any problems with these devices and when we do, we know immediately via email. With about twenty of these devices running company wide I never have to walk around to each screen at multiple locations to make sure they're working.

Pros

Inexpensive setup Easy to replace set it and forget it Lots of functions

Cons

They aren't window's OS, which is also a plus if you don't have to have it on windows OS.

Great Product, Fantastic Price

Pros

With a Church budget Yodeck is very budget friendly. The ease of use when setting it up and making changes daily.

Cons

The templates are lacking as well as the widgets. Need to be able to integrate layout into a playlist.

Best digital signage solution we implemented at the ocean reef club

Overall it has been a positive experience, we previously had an unreliable digital signage platform that frequently failed and in turn created many work order on our end (I.T) YoDeck solved all of our issues.

Pros

How easy it was to learn and teach other users/ departments to self manage their own signage.

Cons

I did have a few users express how they would like to have their power point animations play in yo deck. When uploading power point files that have animations on certain slides, those animations show up as still images.

Perfect for our Church

Yodeck is easy to use and I think will be easy for many other churches to use for their needs. The ability to update and work remotely is key because I am not always in the same building as the screen. Yodeck is the best product I researched for the best price and I am happy that we chose to utilize this software.

Pros

When we implemented a digital bulletin board in our church we were looking for something that was easy to use, could be updated remotely, was inexpensive, and did not require a subscription. Yodeck checks off all these needs. We could not be happier with this product. One of my favorite parts about the program is that I can upload background music and choose when to mute it or play it louder. I can also schedule the screen to turn on and off and do it remoly. I hardly ever need to be in front of our screen.

Cons

The ONLY con is that it was not super easy to set up. I know technology, but not to the extent of a tech worker, and I was not able to figure out the setup on my own. I had to enlist a friend who works in the tech industry for help. He was able to figure it out after some troubleshooting. We had some issues with the automatic setup. After he figured out the set up I was able to do everything else myself.

Yodeck Advertising Platform

Overall we are super pleased with Yodeck and would recommend this service to other companies looking to use this for their advertising needs.

Pros

Yodeck is very easy to navigate and customize to our specific liking.

Cons

The only caveat i may have with this software is just how you can only submit .jpg formatted files and the resizing I have to do before submitting a photo with full resolution. Would be nice if there was an auto sizing feature built in that would accommodate many different formats.

Overall a great piece of software!

Pros

It's powerful and has a ton of features that other software like this designed to run on the Raspberry Pi does not have.

Cons

I really have no complaints. If someone who wasn't tech-savvy was trying to navigate the software, it may be a bit difficult for them.

Yes for Yodeck

I compared a couple of products in the search of a digital signage software and stumbled up onto Yodeck. The product was fairly new at the time and was already very complete and easy to use. In the time we are using Yodeck (approx 3 years) the product evolved with extra features which can be brought up by users and voted on to get it developed. The price went a bit upwards but on the other hand you get a very nice, very easy to use and very versatile product.

Pros

Ease of Use, continuous improvement of the product (functionalities)

Cons

I really can not find any drawbacks for this product

Awesome Product.

We did a remodel of our show room and was looking for a way to do digital advertising and pricing. I ran across this product during the search and compared to others on the market YODECK gave you more bang for your buck. After using this product now for over 2 years I would not use anything else.

Pros

The ease of use is amazing. Self explanatory and easy to implement

Cons

I can't say that I find anything wrong with this product

Best digital signage solution

What I'm missing is a facebook plugin, nicer weather forecast with pictures and a possibility to download the monitor playback as file to show my customer as preview before installing.

Pros

In 2019 we looked for as digital sigange solution for internal use, also for our customers. We found a lot of solutions, but most of them were difficult to use, you need a server and backend pcs or the software was horrible. Than we found yodeck. It's easy to use and it is all online, so I can administrate it from anywhere with any device. I like it.

Cons

It's all online and it's self-explanatory.

Using Yodeck in an Elementary Schoool Setting

Yodeck has constantly updated their experience adding new features in the 2 years that we have been using it. The few times that I have needed to contact support, they have been quick in responding to my questions which is important to us.

Pros

I love the ease of use of Yodeck and the ability to use it anywhere that I have a internet connection. Being able to change and push out information from any web browser makes it very appealing. We previously used Google Slides to push out information to our monitors in the building and this is so much easier and much more robust.

Cons

So far I have not found anything that it can't do for our needs.

The best digital signage out there!

Used for years and really enjoy the continued updates of features. Still making it the best and cheapest digital signage solution out there. Saving £££ or $$$ on on-prem server solutions or expensive proprietary devices that others (samsung etc) can change £££ for.

Pros

Easy to use, great new updated features like live view of output on monitors. Great new features such as live sound stream from shoutcast etc.

Cons

More widgets/integrations with other systems? Easier way to stream live video from an external device perhaps? More templates for those of us who are "Creatively challenged" haha.

Very good display software

Enjoyed setting it up and using it and it's used everyday

Pros

The fact that you can customise the display in many ways. I have news ticker, clock, date and time, BBC News feed alternating with Netatmo weather display from my home weather station, a 7 day weather forecast and finally a radar map showing aircraft detected by my flightaware antenna on the roof. really useful having the information readily available

Cons

Free plan is limited to one display, I'd like to set up a second display but as a home user the costs are prohibitive

Great experience and video playback

Pros

Overall quality of videos, ease of use, intuitive interface.

Cons

I cannot download the video source, just the reduced file. but ok. And it could be easier to edit and optimize widgets, like forecast (mainly could have a more developed visual art)

Yodeck is Awesome!! Been using it for years

Great support and community- they keep banging out and adding new features. Thanks Yodeck!

Pros

So much flexibility and programmability, a large growing library of widgets and features, continued strong development over the years to improve and expand the product. I had some downtime with my Yodeck project and came back to see features I wanted or had asked for all implemented and the software continues to get better- great support, really cool software, amazing free 1 license for development and well priced after that. A great and easy to program digital signage solution with Infinite Complexity!

Cons

There's always features you want improved or made better- Yodeck is on-board with making these things happen, but this can take some time for certain features. Honestly I really love using the software and it was the digital signage software of my dreams for my signage project.

Instinctual learning Curve

I have no complaints. I think the pricing structure is a little weird but my boss says it's so cheap and not to even worry about it. I have a great time updating it (So Fast and Easy) and seeing how our residents have already gotten so used to having it, they love it.

Pros

I am a complete novice to Digital Signage. I chose Yodeck because they set up the Raspberry Pi for you. And because their Customer Service is very responsive. The set up and management is mostly intuitive. And anything that isn't, again, the customer service emails get you help in under 20 mins. I love being able to access my monitor from anywhere over the internet, and the emails they send me if anything...

Cons

Just a couple things that customer service has already told me they are working on and will launch soon. Being able to add music to a playlist, not just a layout Being able to have layouts within a playlist And something else but honestly it must not have been that annoying because I can't even remember it now.

Works with existing Raspberry Pi's whats not to like!

Very good so far

Pros

Work with exising hardware makes this a easy decision. It also allows internal HTML pages to be displayed.

Cons

No preview of playlist or layouts - this would great so we can what is going out before it does.

Digital Signage made simple

Marvellous piece of kit, would recommend to anyone installing several screens for information.

Pros

Our Marketing guy can use it without ringing me every 2 mins to ask how to do something.

Cons

The issue I am facing, is one display is not coming on; and as a result I have no idea what is happening.

A great solution for digital signage!

So far the product has met our needs. Interested to see how this will scales with a larger amount of sites in the future.

Pros

This software is easy to use! This was our main driver when choosing this product. The portal layout is great and easy to follow. The widgets section has a good number of available widgets for known products. Using Raspberry PIs have allowed us to recycle screens already used for content. Looking forward to possible integration with Android/Brightsign coming soon. Support are extremey helpful and fast to respond.

Cons

Missing integation with Office365 products but is being looked into. Trying to set the system up with a large amount of sites is more tricky.

YO Deck is Amazing - with room to grow!

We needed a consistent way to push content to screens in our lobbies. YoDeck was the only company that offered a hardware and software solution. Period. Other companies had just software and you have to buy other hardware to get it to delivered to lobbies. Which was very costly and some of it didn't work.

Pros

One place to manage content and push out to our franchises.

Cons

The software is limited - wish it would do mo like https://www.visme.co we will take it the cost is great and we will grow with YoDeck!

Easy setup and low cost alternative

Pros

Extremely affordable, easy to set up and use.

Cons

I can not get a live weather radar to work properly, otherwise everything works great for what I need.

Great Platform at a great price

We use Yodeck for employee messaging in our Headquarters. It was very easy to mock up a demonstration without making any commitment to purchase. The demonstration worked so well it was quickly implemented as single screen pilot. After a few months of smooth operation we installed several more screens with Yodeck players.

Pros

This platform was easy to setup and try out before making any financial commitment. I never had a need to talk to a sales rep. When I needed tech support they were quick to respond even when I was still on a free account. The instructions and tutorials on how to implement advanced features were well written.

Cons

Most of my frustration is really with the limitations of the raspberry Pi. Our players run connected to wifi and the signal started dropping a lot. It was complicated to add external wifi antennas and have them work properly with the Yodeck software image but it eventually worked out. Also a bit frustrated that UHD video support has been slow in coming although the HD image has been meeting our needs.

Best Digital Sign

I am able to display the info I need to my customers very easily.

Pros

I have this software in many locations. I love how easy to use and for just one monitor it is free. That really helps our nonprofit business tremendously!

Cons

The only thing I would add is the ability is in the layout section, to be able to show pictures or videos behind png images placed on the layout.

Yodeck for University Announcements

We use Yodeck to broadcast announcements across the Chemistry & Biochemistry Graduate School Building. It's really reliable, quick, and easy to use. I have never encountered any difficulties with this service and all it's functions. Yodeck enables the department to broadcast information, announcements, and events without any technical or time related issues.

Pros

This service is highly accessible and easily was integrated into our proceedings. It uploads and broadcasts content very quickly. The ability to use multiple different monitors, multiple different playlists, set time limits, and generally customize your content displays is extremely helpful, quick, and easy to navigate. It's simple but not limiting.

Cons

Honestly I have encountered no issues or annoyances with this service in my time using it. It's highly compact, quick, and easy.

Very easy to setup and great features that can be used in any work industries

Pros

What i love the most is the features and every time i get an email about features update its like Christmas

Cons

Its not cons but we'd like to see like demo shows about features used together to have maybe new ideas

Hello Jean-Marie, Thank you for your review. We have recently started producing Guides and How-to videos about new features and interesting uses of our platform. Feel free to check them out on our YouTube channel. It is still early days but more are to follow very soon https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6uTez-0n3yHL0Q9zjlTVagJbO3TLH3F9

Simple, cost effective yet powerful digital signage

We've had several questions and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the rep assigned to our account, has been extremely helpful and responsive.

Pros

The thing that drew me towards Yodeck was the way they handled hardware but the simplicity and quick no nonsense administration of screens is what kept it a competitor when we were comparing services.

Cons

Lack of smooth transitions but I hear this is being worked on and a fix is on the way.