Afterpay Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.15/10

See full reviews by rating

Afterpay has been a great way for my sales to increase by 60. I love them as a merchant and as a consumer.
Integration was very easy even if you were not good with computers. Very helpful and my customers love the option.
That it’s super easy to use. The customer service from start to finish was great.
There are no analytics tracking, and the dashboard is confusing to navigate.
I dislike the 3 business days that you must wait before payout.
Customers often get confused on how to check out using Afterpay (via our Shopify powered site).

Afterpay users...

Klarna-logocaret
listing-logo

Klarna

PayPal-logocaret
listing-logo

PayPal

How would you rate Afterpay?

Paying made easy & stress free

After having my son & needing the necessary & even unnecessary items a baby demands, afterpay made it easier for me & reduced the exorbitant amount of stress I was having at the cost of everything by offering payments I could handle & not having to wait until everything was paid off before actually receiving what was paid for

Pros

I love that you can shop at tons of different places, both online & in person, & instead of paying what could likely be a hefty amount you can split the total into 4 more easily affordable payment with no interest charged

Cons

While there are a lot of places available to shop using afterpay & even some you're introduced to that are amazing, there are still places like Walmart that aren't available yet

Great pay-in-4 solution for ecomm brands

Overall, it creates a great customer experience, which is the most important thing. With the emergence of other pay-in-4 options, I'd still take Afterpay above the others (Klarna, Affirm, etc.) aside from Shopify Installments (for Shopify brands).

Pros

My experience using Afterpay is in conjunction with Shopify only. It was easy to install/deploy and their team was very helpful in the process. Once the script is installed, it just works. Customers see the details on product pages and the option to use it during the checkout process.

Cons

The dashboard is outside of Shopify and the reporting isn't always clear in Shopify for which orders use Afterpay and which don't. It was also difficult to find how to adjust the minimum order value to qualify for Afterpay use. Lastly, the in-cart implementation for the Shopify AJAX cart required a back-end developer while I was hoping it would just be a simple toggle in the app's settings.

SCAM company. Use KLARNA or AFFIRM

Pros

Ease of use is the only compliment, but they make this easy because they willing To steal your money

Cons

This company allows retailers that are scammers. I purchased a "Dyson -like" hairdryer/ air curler from a place called CURLY. And it arrived this super cheap plastic product that doesn't work. I sent the product back immediately with a shipping tracking and wrote CURLY to let them know I returned the product and then they stopped messaging. I've now been "in contact" with afterpay about it for 2 MONTHS!...

Afterpay is reliable

Overall, I find Afterpay a great resource for when I cannot afford to purchase a product in the moment.

Pros

I like how I can purchase products in the moment and pay when I can afford to.

Cons

This software is so convenient, that I tend to overspend.

Ashley's Afterpay App Review

It was an overall good experience, just do not agree with a lot of the prices there.

Pros

I loved that you could get your whole order and the app allowed you to make four easy installments to pay for that order, which is important. Especially when you need the items but do not have all the cash at the moment.

Cons

Honestly, I do not use the app anymore, because in my opinion things are too expensive on the Afterpay App. Things on there that were $50 to $60 dollars, I was finding on other online shopping apps for around 25 to 30 dollars less.

Love!

Pros

I love the ease of this software. I love the ability to purchase things it provides to many people who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford payment all at once.

Cons

Nothing bad about this software. It is amazing.

Buy now Pay later

Overall I have had no problems using the app. It is easy and no credit check is required. Super easy to navigate.

Pros

The software is great for shopping and paying later with no interest. The payment can be made weekly until it is paid in full. The best part is that there is no interest and you can get what you want when you want as long as you end up paying for it at the end.

Cons

The software can be risky if you forget to pay weekly and end up purchasing so many items and forget about what you bought. So I mainly write everything down so I don't overspend and to make sure I have enough money for everything.

Great for splitting up payments

Made it easy to split totals into multiple payments and allowed the customers to purchase more at check out!

Pros

Afterpay allows customers to pay in multiple payments opposed to paying all at once and that can be very convenient for all customers!

Cons

There was nothing I disliked about this software.

Afterpay make treating yourself that much easier!

It comes in handy for purchases and/or a pinch

Pros

Being able to purchase an item in installments

Cons

N/A love it not many cons to point out.

easy and helpful

friendly customer service quick respond and easy shopping choices and need of payments

Pros

plenty of shopping options use credit card and payable needs

Cons

haven't had an issue with this company and is a great way to have shopping payment choices when you need it

Simple, Online Software Offering Consumers Seamless, Easy to Use Payment Plan Options

Afterpay Software has been very effective, enjoyable and easy to use. The offer a free downloadable Ap.

Pros

Afterpay Software verifies the Consumers Identity by requesting that It send a four digit code to your phone. After doing so It runs a soft credit check and sends an email and text stating the amount the Consumer is approved for. Your information is stored with the particular consumer for days. Consumers may open more than one Afterpay loan at a time. Afterpay does not report to credit bureaus unless the consumer fails to pay the bill. Afterpay offers options with many Businesses to choose between 3 month, 6 month, 12 month, 18 month or 24 month payment plans each increasing the specific unchanging interest rate a fair amount depending upon the amount of months. One may choose to pay off the debt sooner to alleviate interest.

Cons

Consumers are not always given the option of how many payments to set up.

Afterpay is the leader of Pay Over Time solutions

Great experience, never had an issue. Support has always been helpful, never any bugs.

Pros

Loved that they have built such a great community of users who trust them for their daily ecommerce shopping.

Cons

Fees could be a bit lower in comparison with other processing companies but for what you get it is not something that would stop us from using the platform.

A life saver for small businesses

Such an amazing tool to use and so easy to install. I like how they caagorize businesses and allow customers to find you based on your store (e.i. Small Business, Black Owned, Woman Owned) and they send out emails letting you sign up for their promotions. After pay really cares about the businesses.

Pros

Afterpay allows us to receive larger orders than we did before we connected them with the store. Our customers have commented that they enjoy afterpay are are happy that we offer it. At this point if you have a small business and you don't have afterpay, then you are really hurting yourself and your potential customers.

Cons

The fees are the only downside, however I would much rather pay small a fee and receive more orders, than to not get the orders at all. After pay definitely brings more customers.

Afterpay Changed My Business

I love them personally. They were my first split payment option to my website. I did have an issue where they didn't have my payment bank information correct so payments were stuck for 4 months with them, but they resolved it once they figured it out.

Pros

I love when I added this back in 2018 it instantly added to sales within my company. A lot of consumers are dealing with the pandemic and need to place orders on a payment plan, this helps. The moment I saw inception of this on my website my sales started to boost.

Cons

I do feel that it is a bit expensive however, I think that it is a must have since 25-30% of our customers use Afterpay.

Good Product but Terrible Customer Service

Customer service is terrible. It once took me over a month to get a response about us being missing from the online directory and they acted like they couldn't have cared less when they finally did answer.

Pros

customers typically spend more money when they can split their payments

Cons

there needs to be a buy now quick checkout button for shopify. I am constantly having to tell customers how to find the afterpay gateway.

Afterpay

Pros

Having afterpay as a checkout option has produced more sales for us not only in the dollar amount of the sale but even a sale with the minimum of $35. So a customer that wouldn't have purchased because of the total being a little more than they would like to spend at the moment afterpay breaks it up at no cost to them. Which in turn raises our sales and larger order amount. We love afterpay.

Cons

it is a bit costly with the fees that they take our per transaction

AfterPay increases cart values

We run on Shopify making our integration with the app basically a plug-and-play experience. It took us at most 2 days to get running with their system.

Pros

AfterPay allows customers to purchase what they want, when they want, without waiting for their next pay period. The payment processing system has increased our total cart value. AfterPay has become a great way for our wholesale clients to put only 25% down on their large purchases and by the time they have re-sold our products, they can easily pay off their balances early with AfterPay.

Cons

Customers have mentioned that they wish AfterPay was more widely accepted at all retailers. AfterPay's customer profiles and analytics could be a lot stronger in the dashboard. We would love to know more about our customer's shopping habits, likes, and dislikes. We also have customers who were gladly accepted by Klarna (their competitor), but they can't make a single AfterPay purchase.

Afterpay worked great as a resource for our buyers

Our experience has been only positive with Afterpay. Our customers like their process, and so do we.

Pros

Afterpay offered a great alternative for our customers. Buy now pay later is a growing trend and is here to stay. It is a great offer to pay over time with no interest, and Afterpay was easy to deploy to our site.

Cons

At this time, I have not yet found anything I did not like about Afterpay.

Buy Now, Pay Later

Overall, its been great. I was pretty disappointed that I pay a higher processing fee than a few of my colleagues. I tried to negotiate the rate down a little and didn’t have much luck. One of my friends has a business of comparable size, so it felt especially weird that I pay more than her. (I understand major retailers getting volume breaks, but it stung to find out I was paying more when I was one of the first brands to onboard with Afterpay when they came to America)

Pros

Giving customers the option to split their order into 4 payments has helped increase my AOV and after all of these years, I have never had a customer complain about Afterpays service - so thats a win!

Cons

Unable to secure marketing placements. So I feel like smaller brands just get “lost in the shuffle” unless they are VERY lucky and selected to be featured in marketing materials

I LOVE Afterpay

I have loved using Afterpay as a store owner and consumer. My customers love it, as well.

Pros

It was really easy to set up, and customer service is easily accessible if assistance is needed. It is also easy to use, on the consumer side.

Cons

The fees are not clear. I cannot find the percentage that I'm paying, per order, anywhere. They need to be more transparent about that.

Best Hands Down

Pros

I love how easy it is to purchase and as an owner the payout takes no time to get into my account

Cons

Getting in touch with customer service. I dont like that I cant call anyone to talk to about issues I may be having.

Afterpay Review

Amazing!

Pros

The ease of use and integration is what we like and appreciate most about Afterpay. It is critical for payment processing to be as simple as possible for customers in 2022.

Cons

The reporting and administrative portals could be better. Would like to see a more comprehensive dashboard of sales and analytics.

Afterpay is a must!!

Afterpay is the second most used form of payment on my website and since adding it to my website, overall sales on a monthly basis has doubled. Everyone loves the idea of paying off their full balance in installments and Afterpay would always be my first choice to do that.

Pros

I love how easy Afterpay is to use. The layout for customers and the merchant portal is so simplistic and straight to the point. Everything is so easy to access whether I want to check all my current purchases using Afterpay or whether I want to access all of my customers purchases from my website through my merchant portal. The integration was very quick and easy and the process to apply for Afterpay went very smoothly.

Cons

I’ve been with Afterpay for nearly 2 years and I have never ran into any kind of issues using this Afterpay as a customer or as a business owner. Everything has met my expectations thus far.

Love

My overall experience is great

Pros

How easy it is to setup. It was a no brainer for me plus Afterpay pays quality

Cons

Nothing to be honest. I don’t have much to say as I have never experienced any issues

Amazing application, increases sales

Amazing

Pros

Trust for our customer, its amazing how customer relate with afterpay and also with the afterpay store directory

Cons

some customers confuse but overall its great