DATABASICS Time & Expense Reviews

4.44/5 (25 reviews)

jon ng

The product works and functions as needed for this organization. Customer support is top drawer.

Reviewed 2017-06-13

1. Automated time and expense tracking with solid interfaces to/from various other applications. 2. Improved (over the course of many years) end user time and expense interface. 3. Hosted environment with the database custody proviso. 4. Top drawer customer supportI like most: 1. Customer Support through the Databasics support website/portal 2. Application stability - little to no downtime 3. Application functionality 4. Ease of administration 5. End user experience We have a 360+ employee user pool who all use the time sheets with a good portion of that total also using the expense reporting. We have used Databasics since version 4x, through the years upgrading to version 5x and now version 6x in the hosted environment. The application is generally easy to use, in most cases, requiring only a brief initial orientation and from there, minimal end user support for the application. Many employees have taken advantage of the mobile application to enter either time or expenses while traveling and this was a welcome functional addition received with version 6x. Receipt imaging and organization was another welcome addition. We extract and interface expense data (weekly) and time sheet data (semi-monthly) from Databasics to our accounting application. We also import and interface organizational data (employee information, accounting structural data, etc...) into Databasics from both our accounting and HRIS applications. While managing these interfaces requires some training, assistance is always available if needed.

Mark Susenbach

An easy to use expense tracking system that provides approval levels needed to manage your expenses

Reviewed 2017-06-09

Moving from a paper tracking system to an electronic system has saved us money, allowed for better expense approval processes and increased the reimbursement turn around for our users. Using the mobile app and website allows approvals to happen from anywhere as long as an internet connection is available. The software is easy to manage and setup. It is easy for the users to use. Mostly the Customer Support team is excellent in assisting when you have a problem. Individuals goes out of his way to get you a quick response to any problem or question you may have. It is great to have that kind of support behind you.

Renee Kennedy

Great software, easy to administer and support staff are amazing, always willing to help.

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-06-21

Staff are responsible for inputting their own reports and the automation of the approval process.The product is easy to use and administer and the functionality has come a long way since we started using DATABASICS. They are constantly improving their software and their procedure documentation. They are always willing to help us deal with situations or new configuration requests, coming up with solutions or adding them as a future enhancements. I love working with their employees, they are always willing to listing and meet with me to discuss items. DATABASICS started to provide webinars so that you can learn new things about the software as well as using them as a refresher.

Sharon Devine

Complete information

Reviewed 2018-09-27

Databasics has been a project that was implemented slowly and cautiously as most of our contractors are not up to date with technology. Unfortunately it cause a huge problem when trying to get the correct information from them. Databasics has solved most of this issue. The support I have recieved (even witn stupid errors) is extremely fast. The phone app is the greatest! Our employees using the phone app are up to date with their information and as a company we can now see where our strengths and weaknesses are in regards to the cost of goods sold as well as expenses. Prior to this software our company expense informaiton was all over the place and difficult at best to pull together when invoicing a customer for a completed project. now that all of our employees submit their time and expenses through Data basics I can acces all the expenses for a job within a few minutes by running simple report. The Databasics team was very helpful in

Rohit Sengupta

I use DATABASICS for my weekly time cards.

Reviewed 2017-10-11

I like how I can save the time code and activity, so I don't have to locate the same codes every pay period. I also like how I can easily the time sheets from the last few pay periods right after logging in, without any additional work on my side.

Suraj Dubey

The app (desktop and mobile) is quick, easy to use and the promptness of the support team is crazy.

Reviewed 2017-06-06

I can easily submit my reports.I have been using the app since almost a year now, and I still don't find it tedious to submit my time every day. The reason being -- how quick and simple it is to use the app. I have added the clients and time codes I frequently use to my favorites, and in literally 4 clicks I can submit the time. If I need any assistance, an email or call to the support team has always been helpful. The promptness and the flexibility of the team is applauding. If you like traveling, then the cover pictures will make you wonder what are you doing in front of that screen. The app that my previous employer used for time tracking would make me wait until Friday to do my time-sheets or until the deadline was approaching, but with Databasics I can do it every day with so much ease.

Sean Hellman

I work with this product everyday and incorporate new employees into its use.

Reviewed 2017-06-09

We are now able to keep up with reports and receipts per manager in one secure location.The software is user friendly. We are able to train managers within an hour on how to use DB. Being able to adjust a report before reimbursing is a breeze and the validation makes it much easier to keep up with per diem for our managers.

Hardeep Basati

System that was provided is Travel Expense system. We were looking for Purchase Card Program.

Reviewed 2017-08-15

we were able to implement this software as Purchase Card reconciliation system for CACI. This system will allow users to reconcile transaction and attach back up documents, those will be stored in the system up to 7 years. The need to be able to store documents online for 7 years is what lead to the implementation of this system.It's an advance system and accommodated what were looking for even though it was not Purchase Card system.Customer rep helped us made this system function as we expected it to work. From the start, he took the time to sit down with the team to understand our project needs. We understand this is common for implementations but what stood out what his willingness to understand the intricacies of our program and mutually work to develop solutions that work for us (and not just implement solutions that other companies have used).

Tom Ricci

Databasics is the most user friendly T&E application we have used in the past 15 years!

Reviewed 2017-05-25

User friendly! The admin functionality is very easy to navigate. The application flags policy exceptions for offshore audit team as well as approvers in the 4 level approval flow. Split screen capabilities allows audit team and approvers to view receipt attachments at the line item level. The application handles ALL interfaces/feeds from Amex, HR, PRS system and SAP. The Jasper reporting tool used for budgeting, T&E Spend and exception reporting. Helpdesk is actually VERY HELPFUL!!

Dyanna Herrera

Time saver, easy to use

Reviewed 2017-06-12

Information at your finger tips, easy to use.Leave Management has been such a great add for our company. It allows each employee to see how much PTO they accumulate per pay period, how much they used and when they would max out. It makes each employee responsible for managing their own PTO. We can customize it to our needs. We have different accrual rates for length of service, as well as exceptions to the rule. Set them up once, assign them to the employee and it all works! Customer support is amazing and responds very quickly when you need assistance.

Cynthia Tsuchimoto

DB has solved our issues with managing utilization, labor billing and expense reports

Reviewed 2017-06-13

HR compliance for hourly employees, time off management, electronic expense reports that seamlessly upload to our financial software, labor utilization by employees, departments and projectsIntegration with Microsoft Dynamics/Solomon Project Controller and Financial Accounting is seamless and easy to manage

Sue Voorhies

From the time we chose DATABASICS , I have always had excellent customer support from the team.

Reviewed 2017-06-27

The ease in the creation, approval(s) of the TA (Travel Authorization) including the travel advance option. Along with ease in the creation, approval, and payment of Expense Reports. It is extremely helpful that American Express provides a daily data feed with the employee's AMEX charges along with the currency exchanges for the International expenses.

Nancy Cavanaugh

Our company has been using Databasics for over 9 years. We have been very happy with this software.

Reviewed 2017-06-16

Expenses are posted into our accounting system which saves the company so much time compared to the manual process prior.I like that the credit card transactions feed into the system. The government per diems calculate automatically.

Dave Jetton

DataBasics Mgmt and Staff have been wonderful to work with. They really are very customer focused.

Reviewed 2017-05-31

Value, Reliability, Good support and customer service. Management that works hard to develop what you need.Reliable, Intuitive, and well supported. This product is always up and running. The service team is in front of all issues and communicates well with the user base. The product is intuitive after the first introductory training. May online help tools.

Claudia Evans

great

Reviewed 2017-08-23

We are very please with it. It is very straight-forward and easy to use and meets our company needs.

Missy Lanning

I have had only good since we moved to solely Databasics- the service is wonderful!

Reviewed 2017-05-25

The ability to pull our payment to our drivers at any time. This will and has helped in rare instances that we missed a holiday deadline or someone was unable to submit expenses on time. We have enjoyed a better support system with troubleshooting. The ease of use and training for our users. Most all of our drivers transitioned easily to the new system and have had very minimal issues since. Any time we have had any trouble Support is always ready and willing to help out at a moments notice.

Roxanne Henkel

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed 2017-05-25

Ease of use Very intuitive Easy for the Administrator to us and update/make changes quickly New User Training is short or not even required in some cases.

Anonymous

I use Databasics on a weekly basis, it serves my needs well.

Reviewed 2017-10-13

I like that you can email receipts directly to your expense report. It is easy to navigate and reconcile.

Cooper Wade

The ability to give employees access to see PTO in realtime is great!

Reviewed 2017-06-05

Con: I didn't hear about it sooner!?! There's really nothing to change about it, honestly. We get the view, we get the report... it's great. Everything's automated. We set it up and it tracks and provides views to employees with me doing anything. It's a huge time saver and big benefit for our team members.

Jen Vilona

It's just a really easy software to use. One place to go for timesheets and PTO

Reviewed 2017-06-05

I have to track my time to projects. Now that we use DATABASICS it takes me half the time to do my timesheet

Raj Contractor

User-friendly, easy, great support help

Reviewed 2017-05-25

User-friendly, mobile capabilities, ability to capture receipt on phone and email to an expense report

Matt Shirey

Great system for time keeping and reporting

Reviewed 2017-06-07

Easy to input time sheet data and submit time sheets. Great reporting functionality and ability to design and customize reports.

Anne-France Curty

Quite good overall. This software could be more intuitive to use

Reviewed 2017-08-24

Harmonized way to do expense reportsWhat I like most is the fact that it is possible to use it anywhere, on multiple devices. I also like the receipt express.

Jennifer Schnittker

Quick & Easy

Reviewed 2017-05-25

ProsI like that it's easy to use. I have used other time and expense systems in the past and it would take forever to file my expenses. I like that I can quickly do my expenses and I get reimbursed fast.

Chris Celis

Easy to cut down on expenses

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-02-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Very easy for our staff to submit time and expenses. Administrators love this because it is also easy for them to gather the information.