ProcurementExpress.com Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.08/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Makes working easier and you can easily follow up on outstanding as the interface clearly shows you what has been used up and what is remaining in your budget.
I like that the software is customizable. The customer service is also really great, they are willing to work with your business to create a system that works best for you.
Procurement Express has helped us bring great efficiency and simplified ways of working to our business. Great product i'd highly recommend.
The budget integration in the system since we are using to currencies is not working. The currency conversion should also be written in the printed PO.
Finding out that someone made a bad purchase after we have received the supply or service was starting to cost us.
That is probably due to errors on my end though.

Moses T.

Marketer

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Great and easy to use software

Transcript

Moses T.: Hi, I'm Moses. I am a digital marketer. So, I give ProcurementExpress a rating of four out...

Loren C.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

ProcurementExpress.com Purchase Order system

ProcurementExpress.com is a great online software for creating, approving and managing purchase orders. One of the best parts of ProcurementExpress.com is that it is so user friendly. I was able to easily navigate around the site the first time I used it and all relevant information is easily spotted without wasting time trying to find what I'm looking for. Because it was so easy to use, even for non tech savvy employees, there is less time spent by Accounting contacting purchasing with specific questions regarding expenses.

Pros

- User friendly - All online so approvals/purchases are more efficient - Historical data is much more readily available for review/analysis - I have received quick response to Customer services questions

Cons

- Certain employees may get many emails(notifications) so there needs to be a better way to control what emails people receive.

Andrew D.

Quick & Easy to use

Tighter control and ease over our company orderng

Pros

Once you have set up all your suppliers/products etc, it is super easy to raise a purchase order which is allocated to a budget. The templates are editable so you can get your company branding on there. It is very easy to use, not over complicated. We needed a simple solution for our on-site employees, and it is working well!

Cons

Could have better integrations with other accounts packages, to press you can export in Xero bur little else. I understand the guys at ProcurementExpress.com are looking into this as a future development.

PA

Peter A.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

A great introduction to procurement software

Pros

The cart import feature is extremely handy. Reporting is straight forward and easy to use. The search function is pretty advanced for such a simple tool.

Cons

The lack of an inventory management system is a blessing and a curse. It's nice to be able to have free form entries but if you have any stock at all this is not the tool.

RL

Richard L.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

PO Creation Simplified

Super easy to use Get approval notices via email Allows for different currencies Ease of setup Assign different approvers This is a perfect system for anyone who requires to make purchases.

Pros

Wanted to save draft PO recently as I wait for final quotes to arrive. I was told this option to save PO wasn't available. 2 days later thr feature came live. A company who listens to customers needs and wants. In return acts on them. Response time for support is within the hour, during regular business hours.

Cons

None at this time. Maybe would want a PO APP for andriod. Since I'm always moving around I need to use my phone for PO creating.

Sergio Eduardo R.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple system for PO

Pros

First of all it is very well designed, the interface looks really good. Also really easy to use with simple workflows that can adapt to your specific needs. Can get really robust without being overwhelming.

Cons

There are almost no cons to my experience, maybe just the reporting functions could be enhanced. Other than that its is really good solution.

Thanks for the good review, Rodriguez. We've upgraded the reporting a lot since you wrote this review. Sign up for a free trial and check it out.

Gary S.

Investment Management, 11-50 employees

Rubberstamp Review

Minimal training needed, intuitive menus

Pros

Ease of use, set up of budget a must. Reports at a touch of a button

Cons

Adding the payments made against invoice. Does not allow you to edit the date. Why no Pastel intergration?

Thank you Gary, this is a very helpful review. We'll contact you about the Sage integration.

Des K.

simple easy and quick

experience in submitting PO's

Pros

User friendly and there is always some brilliant expert online experts to help if you ever have a problem.

Gerard K.

Information Technology and Services,

Simple & effective

I have a small tech company and need to track my teams' expenses over different budgets. There are a lot of systems out there that does this and a whole lot more but none do it as efficiently as ProcurementExpress.com. It's clean design makes it easy to use (even for the less tech-savvy in a tech company) and a major, major benefit is that its MOBILE FRIENDLY. I can respond to PO requests from my iphone, straight from my email client (ie. no need to download an app) - it's super fast and super simple. If I need any further information when I don't have full computer access then thats no problem as the whole webapp is responsively designed to it works just as well (if not better) on my iPhone.

Pros

- Works beautifully on my iPhone without having to download an app - Does what it says on the tin and does it well - Very well laid out, ie. intuitive to use - Competitively priced

Cons

- Could use a more reporting options (I contacted their support team and they assured me they will be rolling out more options very soon)

Cynthia P.

Accounting,

ProcurementExpress.com has been a big help for us. It is easy to use and a great way for us to track purchases.

Pros

The fact that we don't have to have paper purchase orders is the thing that I like most about ProcurementExpress.com. I also really like that we can upload receipts and attach them to the purchase order.

Cons

While we don't have to print PO's, occasionally we feel the need to do so. When we have printed in the past, the code/budget wasn't showing up so I always had to go into the program to see which budget it belonged to. I have since been told that this option is available to me. So, at this time I don't have anything that I like LEAST about this software!

Brendan H.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Non for Profit Event

The rubber stamp system was a great part of your event and the success of us monitoring our position during our major youth event over 10 days. Although we only used this for short time the information we have been able to pull from this, post event has been great to see and use, as this has never been possible be for. The support from the team was great to help ensure we had it all set up correct as well as been able to do this fast and right the first time.

Pros

- Reporting during and post event. Been able to compare with budget vers actuals - Monitoring was a big part of our use for this tool during the event to ensure we were ion budget and helped the people sending to monitor there own budget easily - Controling - just been able to limit access and restrict budgets. - easy to use and set up, all of the users found this easy to navigate. It is a follow you nose system

Cons

No issues were found during our event.

CL

Christina L.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

I needed a simple PO system for a start up, got this system live in a week!

Solved my PO Approval needs without having to go to an enterprise tool like Oracle.

Pros

Functionality: easy to use, well designed, thoughtful workflows, robust functionality without being burdensome. ProcurementExpress.com not only understands the ins and outs of POs, but they also have created an information architecture that covers every base. UI/UX: Intuitive, clean design, modern look and one of the best UI designs I've seen. Speed of implementation - I literally spent a week from...

Cons

Cons with the software are very few. I had a little trouble understanding how the Approval Limits worked, but that was probably my ignorance on the PO process. The ProcurementExpress.com rep called me during a chat question and clarified within 5 minutes. The user documentation is light, but because the support is so good - the don't need heavy how to documents or videos. I created my own training videos for my staff, it would have been cool if ProcurementExpress.com had a YouTube channel with training videos. Maybe that is to come...

DS

David S.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Our whole organisation are extremely pleased with our acquisition of ProcurementExpress.com.

Pros

ProcurementExpress.com is really easy to use, and not one of our people struggles with it. The best feature is that you can use it anywhere because it is web based, which suits us down to the ground as many of our team travel & work in remote locations. The customer support is excellent, so when we find we need a new feature the ProcurementExpress.com team usually sort us out very quickly.

Cons

Now that we have been using it a few years the data base has grown quite large and so we would like the reporting features to be enhanced, with more filters prior to data dump rather than sorting the spreadsheets afterwards.

David, thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful review. Your enhancement request is noted and will be forwarded to our development team.

AB

Adrian B.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 employees

Great product

Wonderful piece of software does just what we need - tracking expenditure - without being overly complex, or requiring any accounts system integration. Would be nice to have some extra features (e.g. charts, graphs) and some more ways to customize views of data, but overall we are very pleased. Support is amazing - practically instant, 24 hours a day. They also don't insist on up-front sales calls before allowing a trial, which is a bonus.

Pros

Simple, not overly complex/bloated. Enables efficient tracking of expenditure and helps finance reconcile accounts.

Cons

Lack of charts/graphs Lack of customization of views (e.g. viewing custom fields when viewing lists of POs) Inability to re-allocate items to different budgets after approval/payment without unmarking the invoice as paid, canceling and revising It would also be nice to have budget groups - which would allow budget categories to be grouped together under an overarching 'master' budget. Per-line item allocations would also be good - we had to create custom fields for this. There are other small annoyances - e.g. files needing to be re-attached if an error is found when submitting a PO, but the above are the most prominent.

Thank you Adrian for your insightful review. We value our clients opinion and help us build on a better product. Although there is a few hiccups, we are glad to hear you are satisfied with our software. We will speak with development and see what we can do about adding charts and graphs, I believe it is on the roadmap for future developments.

MP

Marlena P.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Excellent system

It has evolved from when I started first and it's getting better and better.

Pros

It's user friendly and has all the necessary features for supporting finance department in a medium size organisation. Very transparent and effective. Great reporting features.

Cons

I can't think of anything that bothers me much.

Thank you for the 5 stars, Marlena. We're very happy to read that you're still so happy with the app after 2 years. Great having you on board.

PF

Paul F.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Easy and simple to use, a few small glitches.

Overall I am quite pleased with ProcurementExpress.com. It is incredibly simple, yet very robust. It has made my budgets very transparent and I am able to easily track my departments spending. It has eliminated the PO paper trail that was time consuming, inefficient, and inaccurate. The real time updates allow me to plan better my budgets. The only issue that I would like to be fixed is that an approved amount total still affects my budget even if I partially pay some of it. This and a few other small glitches have appeared but the developer has been very good about making updates to address like issues. Overall I am very pleased with this product and it was a good improvement in my budgeting process.

Pros

Eliminates the need for paper. Great transparency. Easy to use.

Cons

Still some glitches that need to be fixed.

Thank you for your review Paul, it is much appreciated. Feel free to talk to us about the glitches you experience and we will let the development team look at it.

TE

Tom E.

201-500 employees

Engage. Collaborate. Evolve.

ProcurementExpress.com is an awesome platform! The user friendly and intuitive interface quickly gets users online and keeps them engaged. You have the ability to add custom fields to tailor a solution that is as unique as your business. The team is responsive and engages requests to improve the solution. Watching the software evolve over the last six months amazes me and confirms this was the right solution for our company.

Pros

Clean, user friendly and intuitive user face. Mobile for users and the administrator. Responsive customer service. Constant stream of improvements. Focused on improving the user experience.

Cons

None

Tom, thank you for your great review, we appreciate it. We enjoy getting insight from our clients and to hear how they experience the software. We hope you continue to enjoy the software as it is in a growing phase.

SB

Shane B.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Organized PO System

Pros

I really like how everything is organized and how it makes getting approvals on purchase orders done a lot faster. It's done more efficient. Everything is there and if I need to look up an old order or cross reference the PO number, I can do find it in seconds. Saves so much time!

Cons

If I push enter after adding one item, it automatically sends the PO. That's very minor considering the amount of time this has saved me

Thanks for the kind words, Shane. Time is money, so we're very happy to save you so much time. We'll have a deeper look at the UX of pressing enter after adding line items. Thank you for the feedback.

BM

Bruce M.

Shipbuilding, 51-200 employees

We use ProcurementlExpress daily to help accounting track our purchases for all our different jobs.

All our management use your service every day. Accounting can then pull up P.O. and track what each individual is doing.

Pros

We build and operate dredges. At one time we might have five or six jobs running and also project in our yard. ProcurementExpress allows us to track spending on each job and also each dredge.

Cons

If I am part way through P.O. and have to do something else on computer I might lose original first page.

GP

Gaurav P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Really Useful Software- Best One

I can save all my Vendor's Information, Easy to find Vendors and their Past POs as well. I can see how much Buying budget I have and how much I have already spent on daily reports. Thank You to the Maker of this Software...

Pros

This Software really helps in so many ways, You can send PO direct to Supplier's email, with Good notation (default or manual). Also It saves the Items code and Description for future orders, We can copy PO and repeat for Contract Orders which saves a lot of time. Online Chat Support- It is great that Support team is always Active and replies instantly. They are expert and solves problems very quickly, Especially "our rep" - He is very helpful all the time and provides detailed information regarding any issue and resolves faster. Thanks .....

Cons

Well, It sends out PO Copy to each approvers; My Suggestion is that if Purchasing Manager is approving then PO Copy should not go to other people who are related to those Department or Budget.

Thank you for the thoughtful review, Gaurav. Reading reviews like this is what really rewards us. Your rep is happy to help anytime :)

AD

Andries D.

Investment Management, 11-50 employees

Using and Fit of the product

Having a reliable and consistent view of the budget is half the battle won. I think you should consider including approval/payment protocols with days and alerts (and no proceed functions) for overdue days to be adapted in line with the companies Financial management Policy. This will avoid a lot of PO's pending, approved but not paid/not ticked to paid, missing invoices and Proof of payments.

Pros

I like the fact there is now a robust program where the various projects budgets can be loaded, downloaded into excel and analysed. Ability to have a snapshot view on the budget vs Spent to enable cash flow management.

Cons

On inception of the project a budget is loaded. However there is not feature that shows the various changes to the budget when they occur to help in future audit of the changes and better budgeting in future. I feel that the Purchase order function should have an invoice approval section which becomes automatically converted to paid.

JG

JEROME G.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

This software is pretty much "follow the bouncing ball"

We are a small startup company division. This software let us get moving quickly on our own with a small engineering team and no purchasing dept.

Pros

Just haven't ran into many problems at all, pretty intuitive for sure. It took me one or two orders to get a good understanding of the package. Generally simple to use once accounts are setup, good cut and paste capability too from other packages.

Cons

Could use more feedback on what is going on behind the scenes. This would give more confidence that everything is working. I still seem to be guessing sometimes if the software is completing the process. My job requires me to have confidence the orders complete and off to the vender and vender then get paid.

CB

Casey B.

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Streamline your purchasing process

I work in post-secondary education as part of a state agency. As someone coming to a Director position, from a background in classroom teaching, I had a LOT to learn about purchasing and procurement, and all of the details needed to keep our agency in compliance with state regulations. This software removed the guesswork for me. It is user-friendly and simplified the purchasing process for me, so I could focus more time on what matters most--my young adult students!

Pros

Procurement Express allows users to enter their purchase orders in one place, using one standardized system. It eliminates the need for paper copies and numerous emails and interoffice mail. It is very easy to learn and use, and it keeps excellent records!

Cons

I have not had any negative experiences with this software.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. It's very rewarding to know we're making a difference for schools.

EH

Eva H.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

Great Customer Support!

We have been awarded a federal grant: compliance and accountability is a major issue. We are seeing that Procurement Express is doing a great job of helping us keep excellent records for every single purchase. Also, keeping track of purchases and who is authorized to buy what is not possible with Procurement Express.

Pros

We are new to the software, but the staff is easy to reach (via email or chat) and the support is great. We synchronize into QBO and it is working beautifully. When you purchase an app and start using it right away, there are inevitable questions and the learning curve presents some challenges, but the staff at Procurement Express has been wonderful in helping us over each hurdle and answering all questions promptly, whether they are simple or complex.

Cons

So far so good.....future development might include a feature which allows attached documents to migrate with the PO to QBO.

Thank you for this lovely review, Eva. So happy to read that new customers can see so much value right from the start.

JH

Julia H.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Versatile and Easy to Teach

We were trying to control costs and set basic processes.

Pros

I love that it's easy for me to on board new employees and get them trained on the processes.

Cons

Sometimes it is overly simple and tedious to fill in customization, but ultimately it does the job for a small company such as we are.

Thank you for your helpful review, Julia. Simplicity is key for our product, so that's nice to read. If you have any suggestions, please visit feedback.procurementexpress.com and let us know.

MF

MAURICE F.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Very good program , easy to use and easy to create P.O.

time and money...!!!

Pros

The control of expenses for all our departments. System block if to much money spent. Good reporting system. I really appreciate this program. Make our life easier in the accounting department specially for me the business manager.

Cons

not much..... I little bit complicate to put the program on going, when a new accounting year start. Up to today my colleague Srtacey still working on it, to make everything working for all users.