ProcurementExpress.com Reviews

Review Summary

Pros

We are seeing that Procurement Express is doing a great job of helping us keep excellent records for every single purchase.

Eva H.

This is a super system and an excellent reference tool to search for older PO's or suppliers.

Delia R.

The benefit to Procurement Express is that we can work on two different campuses and accomplish quite a bit together. I share a library budget with a librarian on another campus.).

Virginia M.

Cons

There are bugs in the interface, at least while using Chrome, which makes it sometimes frustrating to use.

Federico S.

I can't think of anything I dislike about the system.

Trudy O.

When I forget to add something until the end and I get a red reminder.

aqnn F.

Easy and Helpful

It is a online a platform where can upload the invoices it will go to the respective defined approver for approval, once it is approved, the invoice are good to go for payment. Before using Procurement express, We had to actually manage the hard copies of the invoices and maintain the excel file for records, ProcurementExpress helped a lot to store invoices at one platform and hence managing invoices becomes easy.

Pros

Easy to upload invoice, supports almost types of files, can download CSV file to analyse quickly, Stored data at one platform, can be accessible from anywhere, Good customer support.

Cons

It doesn't give option to put tax amount manually.

Hi Shaikh, we're happy that you find the app easy and helpful. That's exactly what we aim for. The reason for the fixed tax rate is that manually entering tax makes it too easy for people to ignore/forget about adding tax. You can add any number of tax rates in the company settings.

Reflections Review

Pros

Easy to use in all aspects. Provides great accountability.

Cons

Nothing! We are completely happy and satisfied with the product

Thank you, Luke. It's a joy to reply to this great review. Very helpful.

Descent Software

I really liked it at first but now as we come across more problems I'm really getting concerned. Why are there problems now nearly a year into implementation?

Pros

Its easy to navigate. It provides remaining budget amounts immediately when entering line items.

Cons

Too many errors after implementation of the software. Select a department when starting the request but the individual line item dropdown menus show another department.

OU800 User

This program is fairly easy and straight forward to use. The only real issue we have with this is the inability to write Change Orders to an existing PO. Having to write another PO to our vendor can sometimes be very confusing to their billing departments and gets our commitments scrambled at times.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Cannot write Change Orders to existing PO's

Mark, thank you for your review. We have the "edit" and "cancel and revise" buttons, but we will hand it over to development for you.

Very good except for the above mentioned comments

Pros

Very useful and user friendly, easily to learn and cheap

Cons

The budget integration in the system since we are using to currencies is not working The currency conversion should also be written in the printed PO The company logo cannot be easily lay out

Easy to use and great value for money.

Pros

Feature set more than enough, customer service and price.

Cons

Could do with more customisation of fields and settings.

Thanks for the very helpful review, Gonzo. We'll reach out to you about the customisation functionality you're looking for.

I am a big fan of Procurement Express

My overall experience is excellent.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and understand. I particularly like the approval routing process which ensures that when it comes to the payment of an invoice, you feel confident that it is 'OK to pay'. It keeps Department Heads accountable as they are able to easily look at their budget, seen what is pending and what is paid, and the balance that they have remaining. For those 'non finance types', this layout is simple to understand. There are a variety of personal settings you can manage - that way you can decide what notifications you would like to receive during the approval process.

Cons

The frustration is that the software does not integrate with our payment system. It would be great if they were able to talk to each other. Sometimes, bills are paid (without a PO) that need to go against a certain budget, however, with no PO, it doesn't show up and adjust the budget remaining amount. A special 'budget adjustment' journal was set up for us to help us with issue, but this also has some bugs. So I would have to say the data is probably only 70-80% accurate. But in saying that, I still think it is a great process and has enabled a much improved purchase order process to the non existent one we had previously.

Using and Fit of the product

Having a reliable and consistent view of the budget is half the battle won. I think you should consider including approval/payment protocols with days and alerts (and no proceed functions) for overdue days to be adapted in line with the companies Financial management Policy. This will avoid a lot of PO's pending, approved but not paid/not ticked to paid, missing invoices and Proof of payments.

Pros

I like the fact there is now a robust program where the various projects budgets can be loaded, downloaded into excel and analysed. Ability to have a snapshot view on the budget vs Spent to enable cash flow management.

Cons

On inception of the project a budget is loaded. However there is not feature that shows the various changes to the budget when they occur to help in future audit of the changes and better budgeting in future. I feel that the Purchase order function should have an invoice approval section which becomes automatically converted to paid.

Versatile and Easy to Teach

We were trying to control costs and set basic processes.

Pros

I love that it's easy for me to on board new employees and get them trained on the processes.

Cons

Sometimes it is overly simple and tedious to fill in customization, but ultimately it does the job for a small company such as we are.

Thank you for your helpful review, Julia. Simplicity is key for our product, so that's nice to read. If you have any suggestions, please visit feedback.procurementexpress.com and let us know.

Great product!

Procurement Express has helped us bring great efficiency and simplified ways of working to our business. Great product i'd highly recommend.

Pros

Easy to use software that's created great efficiencies within our business!

Cons

I've had some simple log-in issues, but nothing major

Rubberstamp Review

SPUD.ca is building a centralized procurement department. This is a large endeavour as the company growth has been exponential however the processes and tools were not updated along the way. In the latest update, we began to: - Utilize all the different roles instead of funneling all POs to two or three Approvers - Automate the approval flows - Create departments to funnel the correct budgets to Although...

Pros

Intuitive for procurement process flow Ease of use for the Teammembers and Approvers Support is always available using the instant messaging feature on the website

Cons

The linking of departments, budgets and approvers is not intuitive and can cause a lot of re-work Approval flow for a PO once automated, must go from the lowest approver and up Approval structure is linked to a budget and not linked to the department

Thank you for the helpful review, Tim. You'd be happy to hear that we are working on a solution for your cons. Your star representative will reach out and tell you more about it. Thank you for the great compliment.

I needed a simple PO system for a start up, got this system live in a week!

Solved my PO Approval needs without having to go to an enterprise tool like Oracle.

Pros

Functionality: easy to use, well designed, thoughtful workflows, robust functionality without being burdensome. ProcurementExpress.com not only understands the ins and outs of POs, but they also have created an information architecture that covers every base. UI/UX: Intuitive, clean design, modern look and one of the best UI designs I've seen. Speed of implementation - I literally spent a week from...

Cons

Cons with the software are very few. I had a little trouble understanding how the Approval Limits worked, but that was probably my ignorance on the PO process. The ProcurementExpress.com rep called me during a chat question and clarified within 5 minutes. The user documentation is light, but because the support is so good - the don't need heavy how to documents or videos. I created my own training videos for my staff, it would have been cool if ProcurementExpress.com had a YouTube channel with training videos. Maybe that is to come...

Amazingly simple and effective streamlined Purchase Order management product

After screening multiple PO products, ProcurementExpress.com was by far and away my favorite. The platform provides virtually everything that could be desired in a simple user-friendly solution. Consulting at a construction company that is used to a loose paper process, the user friendliness of the product made the transition to electronic option feasible. There is a history shown on each PO, allowing...

Pros

- Customization Options - particularly enjoy being able to make some fields optional vs mandatory -Searchable - going to the list of POs it is easy to search for a specific word that is contained in any given number of POs in virtually any field -Customer Service - during the implementation phase and beyond customer service responsiveness has been great (usually able to get a response within 24 hours from around the world)

Cons

-Customer Service (occasionally the time zone seemed like it caused confusion for when a support call might be scheduled given the international nature of the company)

Thank you Katie for your insightful review. We love to hear from our clients and how they find our System. Hopefully our 24hour support will change the confusion with the different time zones.

Makes work easier

Pros

We're cutting POs daily for multiple jobs and it can get overwhelming. This software cuts the work in half. It tracks all POs neatly and the search feature makes finding old Purchase Orders a breeze.

Cons

There's really nothing that's bad about this software, but if I had to pick, I would choose the way you have to know the grand total of what the invoice is going to end up being. We rent equipment and we might have it quoted for 3 months, at $100 a month, bringing the total to $300. But if something comes up and we need to keep it for another month or two, that's $200 that's not being plugged in. It would be easier if there was an option the put the monthly invoice in there, and it keep reapplying itself until it's told otherwise.

Thanks for the 5 stars Gage! Our friendly customer success team will reach out to you with a solution for 1 monthly invoice that reapplies :)

Our whole organisation are extremely pleased with our acquisition of ProcurementExpress.com.

Pros

ProcurementExpress.com is really easy to use, and not one of our people struggles with it. The best feature is that you can use it anywhere because it is web based, which suits us down to the ground as many of our team travel & work in remote locations. The customer support is excellent, so when we find we need a new feature the ProcurementExpress.com team usually sort us out very quickly.

Cons

Now that we have been using it a few years the data base has grown quite large and so we would like the reporting features to be enhanced, with more filters prior to data dump rather than sorting the spreadsheets afterwards.

David, thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful review. Your enhancement request is noted and will be forwarded to our development team.

Helpful products. Gets the job of POs done.

Positive. Helpful when there is issues. Setup takes some effort but once it's set it's pretty maintenance free.

Pros

Electronic approval process. Simple for end users.

Cons

Budget process is pretty useless for accounting. Budget doesn't have a date range so could be $ per week, month, year.... Employee access is determined by department but approval is by GL account. Employee has to choose a budget from ALL budgets in the ALL accessible departments, not just those they have approval rights to. Too much to look at. For example, IT only has approval on Computer Supplies in every department but has to see every budget in every department to choose a budget for a PO.

Great product

Wonderful piece of software does just what we need - tracking expenditure - without being overly complex, or requiring any accounts system integration. Would be nice to have some extra features (e.g. charts, graphs) and some more ways to customize views of data, but overall we are very pleased. Support is amazing - practically instant, 24 hours a day. They also don't insist on up-front sales calls before allowing a trial, which is a bonus.

Pros

Simple, not overly complex/bloated. Enables efficient tracking of expenditure and helps finance reconcile accounts.

Cons

Lack of charts/graphs Lack of customization of views (e.g. viewing custom fields when viewing lists of POs) Inability to re-allocate items to different budgets after approval/payment without unmarking the invoice as paid, canceling and revising It would also be nice to have budget groups - which would allow budget categories to be grouped together under an overarching 'master' budget. Per-line item allocations would also be good - we had to create custom fields for this. There are other small annoyances - e.g. files needing to be re-attached if an error is found when submitting a PO, but the above are the most prominent.

Thank you Adrian for your insightful review. We value our clients opinion and help us build on a better product. Although there is a few hiccups, we are glad to hear you are satisfied with our software. We will speak with development and see what we can do about adding charts and graphs, I believe it is on the roadmap for future developments.

rich enough for complex financial management; easy enough to get working fast

Started using this well over a year ago. The team is improving it at a good pace. It is now very feature rich and remains easy to use.

Pros

Good value for the money. We use it for purchasing control and approval. It is not as good at tracking "traveling salesperson" expenses but it works OK for that. It does do budget tracking and provides good tools for proposing a big ticket expense, gathering information, organizing discussions about options, and then recording what was bought, when it was paid for, when it was delivered, etc.

Cons

It doesn't have features like importing data from corporate credit card accounts that you might want for a big team of outbound traveling people turning in expense reports after the fact.

Thank you for your insightful review Roland. Thank you for your compliment we appreciate it. We will look into the data importing from corporate credit card accounts.

Experience with Procurement Express

As a user I raise a lot of purchase orders on a daily basis. Procurement Express allows me to do so in an easy to manage, user friendly way.

Pros

It is very user friendly and intuitive. It also is well very well organised, allows for easy creation and submission of PO's and is overall a very good system. Additionally the support are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

It is a very good system so essentially nit picking but sometimes the excel function does not export the transactions for me. That is probably due to errors on my end though.

Thank you Justin. As one of our oldest customers, this awesome review really means a lot. Our support team will reach out to you about the errors on excel report downloads.

Makes my life so much easier!

It keeps my life organized and everything is accounted for. PLUS I don't have to keep the paper receipts!

Pros

It makes everything so organized and measurable. I absolutely LOVE Rubberstamp! I just trained another girl last week on how to use it.

Cons

I wish that I could print out reports because I do a LOT of the entries, but I'm not the Administrator. Sometimes I like to report how much I've spent on Publix and/or BJ's Wholesale Club, but I have to bug the Administrator when I want to do that. I've been with you all awhile. Any way that you can enable me to do that?

Thank you for all the stars, Laurie. You should be able to get the reports you were looking for now.

Easy and simple to use, a few small glitches.

Overall I am quite pleased with ProcurementExpress.com. It is incredibly simple, yet very robust. It has made my budgets very transparent and I am able to easily track my departments spending. It has eliminated the PO paper trail that was time consuming, inefficient, and inaccurate. The real time updates allow me to plan better my budgets. The only issue that I would like to be fixed is that an approved amount total still affects my budget even if I partially pay some of it. This and a few other small glitches have appeared but the developer has been very good about making updates to address like issues. Overall I am very pleased with this product and it was a good improvement in my budgeting process.

Pros

Eliminates the need for paper. Great transparency. Easy to use.

Cons

Still some glitches that need to be fixed.

Thank you for your review Paul, it is much appreciated. Feel free to talk to us about the glitches you experience and we will let the development team look at it.

Excellent system

It has evolved from when I started first and it's getting better and better.

Pros

It's user friendly and has all the necessary features for supporting finance department in a medium size organisation. Very transparent and effective. Great reporting features.

Cons

I can't think of anything that bothers me much.

Thank you for the 5 stars, Marlena. We're very happy to read that you're still so happy with the app after 2 years. Great having you on board.

New User with No Previous Background

Thus far as everything has been good. If you fix the enter key issue I mentioned above, you'll have a friend for life.

Pros

It makes the whole PO process easier for all departments throughout my organization. I haven't had much time to scope out the bells and whistles yet. It was basically learned on the fly, so that should speak to your ease of use.

Cons

If you could fix this one issue I have and I'm betting other do as well and if they read this will be like, "oh yeah, he's right". Where you are on the screen creating the PO, every time you hit the enter key it submits the PO. This happens most when you're entering in quantities or price. I think that it's habit for most people to hit the enter key after they've typed in the price expecting that...

Great to track PO's

overall I would say this program has helped my business keep its spending in order and within budgets many times since we started using it.

Pros

Well in a simple way of saying ti this program ROCKS. Use it daily to track my purchases with multiple vendors and locations that we buy products.

Cons

Only con is the mobile app has to be downloaded with the classic version or its a little tricky to use.

Thank you for the very helpful review, Robert. Your stars mean the world to us. Our success team will reach out to you about the mobile app soon. We've just released a new version with push notifications.

Procurement Express is an online platform to generate Purchase orders, Good Software to use.

It has made the process easy in the organization. All the invoices are stored online at one platform Easy accessible

Pros

Procurement Express is an online platform to generate Purchase orders, Good Software to use, 1) Easy to use. 2) Accessible from anywhere 3) Storage of data

Cons

Procurement Express is an online platform to generate Purchase orders. Cons 1) cannot put Tax percentage manually

Thank you for your helpful review, Sufiyan. We're happy that you find the software easy to use. For accuracy and consistency, you can save as many tax rates to the system settings as you like. Then, when creating a purchase request, your team members can select the relevant tax rate for that line item. As always, our friendly customer success team is available on chat if you need help setting that up.