All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Property Matrix Reviews

Pros

The Customer Support,(is excellent, very nice and helpful. Cost of program is great value.

KIM D.

Read the full review
Software has great features and flexibility. Customer support has been fantastic.

Cindee C.

Read the full review
Property Matrix is a good program and system and the support is amazing.

Antonio C.

Stephanie C.

Read the full review
There are a few minor nuances that are odd, but they take customer feedback very seriously and are currently constructing an update that will remove those oddities.

Abby O.

Brenda B.

4.6

Powerful property management software at a reasonable price

As a sole proprietor of a property management company, I've found it difficult to stay on top of all my responsibilities outside the office. I was spending too much time at my desk entering data, answering email, and printing reports to properly manage my properties. Property Matrix software changed all that. The cloud-based program allows me to access data from any location and device. All my data is on one screen, so I'm always current on what's happening. I can view all building information, specific unit details, rental history and even add photos to the Properties Page.

Pros

Customization is critical in my business. I have multiple properties and owners, with each requiring different information. The Property Matrix software allows me to add the details I need so my owners (and tenants) can obtain the most current information possible.

Cons

I'm very pleased with the overall performance of this software. The only small critique I have is that the custom background themes are a little difficult to read. A few more choices would be nice other than white and blue. This is purely aesthetic and doesn't affect the performance of the software.

Awesome Management Software - Best I Have Used Yet

We have seen a drastic amount of time reduced contacting tenants about payments as the system will generate an automatic text/email to alert them they need to pay their rent.

Pros

The onboarding was free and easy. The support staff is prompt and they take your suggestions and regularly integrate them into the software. Payment processing is free for incoming and outgoing ACHs which is unheard of (though they do take 5 business days). You can pay a fee to have them processed faster. This software has so many automation it cuts time sending statements, or emailing tenants. It has a great mobile app as well, you can run the entire system off a tablet or phone. Owner statements are a breeze and

Cons

There are a few issues I currently have, one being journal entries only allow for a general description of the entry so if I have something with accounts and I want to put a description on every line, that is not possible. Also in order to cut a check, a bill has to be generated, you can't just pick a GL account to put against the check (like QBs). I have mentioned these to the support team and they are doing what they can to implement these in future enhancements. You do pay for a full year upfront based on the number of properties but the cost of a year was still 1/4 of what we paid for our previous software.

Good for Residential Properties

Support staff is as helpful as possible, but the development team may be overwhelmed. Some things like flow of information from input to showing up on reports simply does not work, so there are several glitches which are confusing and concerning. The reports do look beautiful when they fully populate. Overall, a good choice for a small company dealing with residential property.

Pros

I like the layout of the property page and the ability to upload files and attach them to tenants. The navigation in that regard makes sense, and it allows for multiple companies to own different properties. Reports look nice.

Cons

Overall, it seems there is a lot that needs to be developed. The maintenance function for us has been unusable. The app does not work at all, so our maintenance staff has been unable to implement. The accounting features are not what we hoped for in regards to CAM functionality. As we have many commercial tenants, we were looking for a one- or two-click solution to bill triple net leases. While the...

Seamless Application With an Effectual Maintenance Feature

As a part time property manager, I had to search widely for a comprehensive but flexible and user friendly property management software to ease my work and reduce trips I make to properties I manage. After reviewing close to 20 of the top applications, I narrowed my focus down to 5 apps, before ultimately settling on Property Matrix largely due to their responsive support team, simple user interface,...

Pros

Comprehensive User Friendly Responsive and Friendly Customer Support Linked to a wide range of other extremely useful apps

Cons

None that I've experienced so far.

Great Website

Overall, this website is easy to use and customer support always helps out when you need it right away. I mostly use the accounting tab the most, I think the only problem I have when using it is the slowness. From the start they told us to use Google Chrome because it will run faster and I've used it from the start, however it still goes slow. Not too slow but does effect my work speed at times. I...

Pros

Every department can use it

Cons

The slow speed

Ana, thanks for your review and the kind words about our support team! We've been working on optimizing the overall speed of the system over the last couple of weeks and you should see substantial improvements as these changes are being rolled out this week!

GREAT ASSISTANCE & COSTUMIZED TOOLS

We are a new business and started with Property Matrix only few months ago. It took a little bit to get used to the system and to upload all the information but we had a technician assist and help us throughout the whole process and still now he is our referent. Never felt left alone and all issues were always addressed. The reports & accounting tools can be costumize according to the company needs.

Pros

Costumer Service is great. Costumize reports.

Cons

Uploading information in the system process a little hard

User-friendly software to manage my properties across the states!

Pros

My business partner and I have ventured into purchasing rental properties in different states over the past couple of years. As owners of multiple properties in different states, we also act as the property managers for our properties. When selecting a property management/accounting system, we wished for a system and its organization to work with us in designing a flexible system which would accommodate our needs. We researched four different systems and selected Property Matrix, because the system is very user-friendly and works well as a property management, accounting and maintenance system.

Cons

We have no complaints about the software or the vendor so far!

Amazing customer support

Support readily available to chat/email, held my hand through the entire process. Accounting functions are great, tenant tracking function is even better. Love how I can include pictures of the various units and buildings. Brought in an additional employee and she was able to catch up to speed in just a few days without prior experience. I've used Yardi, MRI, Appfolio, Jenark, Rent Manager and probably a few others that I can't even think of right now and Property Matrix is easily the most user-friendly option

Cons

Glad we chose Property Matrix for our rental management needs!

I work for a small company that owns and manages rentals in Bloomington, IN. We did some research online and found Property Matrix had good reviews for their product and support, plus it had certain features we were looking for such as the ability to let tenants pay rent online and the ability to start small and expand as we gain more properties. We are so glad we chose Property Matrix. The product...

Pros

The support team is great! Navigation is nice!

Cons

Only thing I would ask for is a printed manual, but the support is great.

Nice product for rental management!

Pros

Support is awesome! The product fits our needs as a growing company.

Cons

The only thing I might ask for is a printed user manual.

Customer support is excellent, we are finding shortcuts!

Pros

The Customer Support,(is excellent, very nice and helpful! Cost of program is great value,

Cons

1.) Reconciliation not easy, would like to make it more like Quickbooks (tells amount of expenses, and deposits). 2.) In regards to Work orders, you can click on date and they come up in order (good) but would also like to click on pacific vendor to see all the one vendor' work orders. 3.) Wish the system was single entry versus two as it would be faster. 4.) Would love a manual, we are writing note, making our own manual.

Old dogs can learn new tricks

This program is easy to learn with practice, practice, practice. The Techs are always helpful and kind and do not mind answering questions. It also, has a help tab that gives great instructions. The only drawback is no written manual. Some people learn faster from reading about a procedure and then by doing it.

Pros

We were able to give them our forms and incorporate them into their program

Cons

No written manual.

Hey Kathy, thanks for the review! Our support team has developed a full library of help documents for you to read and better learn the system. They incorporate step by step instructions along with screenshots to guide you through. You can find them if you click on the ? on the top menu bar of the software :)

First 2 months

In general a manual would be helpful or a FAQ sheet - terms are different but we can work thru Maintenance portion seems to work very well and I'm looking forward to utilizing its full potential

Pros

flexibility of the program - willing to add changes

Cons

Terminology is confusing - No manual -

Paul, Thanks for the feedback! We¿re happy to hear that you had great things to say about our customer support and the flexibility. We are constantly working on improving our features and terminology. You can find our extensive searchable knowledge base at help.propertymatrix.com but feel free to call or chat with us anytime.

Property Matrix Review

Property Matrix is a good program and system and the support is amazing. The program is not perfect and not at its full potential but its quite clear the team is working to make things greater than ever and they ensure your satisfaction as best as they can. Improvements can be made but overall this system is great and I would always recommend it to others in this field.

Pros

Wonderful customer support and help with any errors and questions. The ease of constant flow of information within the system.

Cons

System errors & software problems.

They made the transition from one system to property matrix manageable and exciting

Cut on time for daily jobs. Our owners benefit from it

Pros

It is easy to use , less steps, saves on office supplies (paper, checks ink). And the customer service is very prompt.

Too slow

The maintenance app simply does not work. I cannot run a maintenance report, or, if I can, it is not easy to figure out how to do it. You must enter maintenance through the unit or it does not automatically update the information in the unit. I need this program to be more automated, as advertised. I cannot wait over an hour for a response to a question. I really just need it to work correctly.

Pros

The software is user friendly, however, not as friendly as you would think. It is difficult to learn but once you get it, you can navigate pretty easily

Cons

Customer service/tech support is very, very slow. It takes over an hour to respond even through their chat window. Chat windows should be instant. I have chatted, emailed and called and always waited over an hour for a response. The techs often have to go "behind the scenes" to fix things that should be easily working.

Software has great features and flexibility. Customer support has been fantastic!

Good choice for our portfolio transition.

Pros

Basic functions are a good foundation. Flexible to a degree so can be slightly modified in most areas to better fit our needs. Ability to integrate documents (rental application, lease agreement, etc. ) and other software packages (credit screening software, banking, etc.)

Cons

Some basic functions seem to take more steps than necessary to accomplish the end result. Information is not always easily found, resulting in the need to reach out to support to locate.

EXCELLENT SUPPORT STAFF!

Good software for apartment management, great support.

Pros

The support is great. They will help you figure out how to use the software for your company's needs and help tailor reports and features.

Cons

Not as user intuitive as hoped, but the support staff makes up for that. We are still working on tweaking how we input information, as our company grows.

The best rental software I have ever used. Easy to learn and has short cuts that reduce steps

Able to updater an old XP Computer. Quicker operations on a daily basis.

Pros

Property Matrix is a very thorough software. Easy to learn and customer service is the best. If there is not a report that you need, customer service will set one up for you. If you need customized field for data, they will also set those up.

Cons

Only con I have found is that if you run a report on the screen and leave the report section, you will have to totally rerun the report rather than just refresh .

Thanks for the review!

So many features, and excellent customer support!

My company doesn't use Property Matrix nearly to its full capacity, but the features we use are perfect and intuitive, and our tenants have adopted the online platform quickly and easily. The technical support is fantastic- one on one coaching calls through learning the features, as well as a wonderful chat option that allows me to multitask and stay available via phone to my tenants. We love it!

Pros

The customer support chat is my FAVORITE, also the streamlined accounting features!

Cons

Sometimes new features can be a little confusing to figure out if you aren't walked through it.

my Experience

I have been a member since the year started. I really like the fact that someone is there to correct anything that I need in timely manner. They respond very quickly. I also like that its always the same person. Im still learning, but its not that hard. Everything is very accurate and easy to learn. I think we will be members long term. Property Matrix gives all types of documents which come in handy when needed. My favorite part is, how fast their response is when I need help. AWESOME!

Pros

the responses from your employees

Cons

i like everything

Very Excited Client

Glozal Village is a small Management Company with 53 units. I have had the pleasure of working with an agent, he has been extremely patient and well knowledgeable of the software. He is always ready and has an answer when I'm feeling as if I'm unsure of what I'm doing. He never makes me feel as if I'm moving too slow, or I should have gotten that by now. He is such an awesome instructor.

Pros

User friendly. Once you start using the program its easy to catch on.

Cons

No problem so far.

Property Matrix Software Review

I loved this software and would highly recommend it!

Pros

With any software, user friendly is a top priority! This one is very user friendly and fully customizable and has features that we needed, i.e. accounting, property management, maintenance and lease tracking.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this software except the customer service could be better.

Excellent Product, Excellent Support System

We went live with Property Matrix, it was the best decision based on our needs!! They are a very professional company with your best interest at heart. The quick call backs was a major factor in going with this company, they have met and exceeded our expectations. We would greatly recommend this software program to all companies looking to simplify their needs and goals.

Pros

Support is wonderful, staff is the best!

Cons

None

Scalable and Great Support

Pros

Great support team, willing to customize and scale for your particular needs, tons of features. I love the support so much that Ill mention it again.

Cons

Like with any software the initial setup is burdensome. But that is just the nature of the beast. Property Matrix made it so much easier than any other software we have used before.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.