Recurly Reviews

4.47/5 (30 reviews)

Anonymous

Not great, but the best reoccurring billing platform.

Reviewed 2018-04-29

Pros
- Most advanced tool in the space. - Ability to customize checkouts with reculry.js - lots of flexibility in ways to use the platform

Cons
- Wish the exported reports were betting (can't see how many days left in an ending subscrtiption in export -- so can't follow up with them. Can only see number of remaining occurences but if you offer monthly and annual for example you have to custom segment that information) - Wish the analytics were better (better insight into plan peformance, churn by plan etc.) - Better email targeting (currently not able to target endings trials unless the plan has a trial, not if they use a trial coupon -- lots of small issues like this across the platform.) - The emails sent from recurly servers end up in spam often for our customers.

Mike Hilverda

The cornerstone to smooth SaaS billing

Reviewed 2019-08-10

There are other good billing systems out there but Recurly offers the best feature set for our business model, billing process, and client base. It is the best for a subscription-based model.

Pros
Our billing process is sensitive and we take our client's information privacy very seriously. Recurly offers great settings/configurations to give people access to the information they need and restrict access to what they don't. Our billing process is smoother by far because of Recurly.

Cons
We have a lot of exceptions in our billing process and Recurly isn't as good at handling these client-by-client exceptions as we would like.

Anonymous

Solid billing platform that gets easier as you use it

Reviewed 2018-06-04

Pros
It gives you most of the info you need in regards to the payment for 95% of cases I've been working with. Once you get used to the UI, it's actually quite easy to navigate around and quickly grab billing info you need to troubleshoot any problems. Support is professional and helpful.

Cons
If you don't have any colleagues using it already, it may take a little longer to get used to since not all of the elements are intuitive. Support sometimes takes a moment to reply and is not necessarily available 24/7.

Michael Reffner

Saves time and makes you money

Reviewed 2017-02-10
Review Source: Software Advice

I recommend Recurly every chance I get. This product is awesome for managing recurring payments. If you have any type of recurring payments that have kept you busy running credit cards every month, you need to consider this software. Its features make taking monthly or annual fees a snap. Customers can get notifications prior to the charge. They also have options to make it convenient for the customer to opt out or cancel memberships, which can save you, even more, time. The cost is great, too - far less in the long run than paying an employee to manage recurring charges. Use Recurly and you can free up time to invest in your business and make more money.

Pros
Easy to use. Cost effective. Time-saver

I would fully recommend

Reviewed 2019-02-27

Pros
First of all- support. I really like how helpful the guys are, would be lost without them. I don't have a comparison to other programs, but I feel that Recurly covers all (or at least most) of our needs. I really like the design and user-friendly interface.

Cons
I wish there would be more customization in terms of reporting. Also, I feel like it is not very intuitive. I'm missing some tooltips that would guide me through the software which such business impact. Alright, there is Help section and FAQ, but it takes a while to find required information.

Must have for SaaS billing

Reviewed 2018-03-24

Pros
The ability to set recurring billing on automation is a must have for any SaaS platform. Recurly makes it very simple to get going. Not to mention they provide all the tools needed to apply coupons, promos, refunds, dunning and more.

Cons
The price can feel brutal. Since you pay not only for the software but for a percentage of your MRR, that means it can quickly grow as you grow.

Lorin Quinlan

What use to take our company hours, now takes minutes.

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Pros
The program has completely transformed our billing department. The interface is pretty user friendly, but I would say the biggest pro is their support team. The chat box is always available and they answer your questions within seconds.

Cons
The learning curve of how exactly the program works and predesigned, was a little difficult to overcome. There are too many automatic emails sent out, so you really need to know how to navigate & turn them off (or know that they're even being sent out in the first place).

Camila Neto da Silva

One-click to your customer financial status

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Pros
It is so easy to figure out how to use! Basically I get all piece of information that I want with one or two clicks. It's also transparent for the rest of the team when they have to searching.

Cons
I miss some dashboards. Also, I'm not allowed to export the information that I can view on the screen, it's a bit frustrating.

Anonymous

Saves us tons of developer time

Reviewed 2018-06-24

Pros
Recurly is really easy and functional. If you need to bill customers every month and don't want to build it yourself, recurly fits the bill

Cons
They take a large cut of billings that we run through the platform. We are looking to transition away as a result.

Sundeep Gopal

Recurly - We love it

Reviewed 2019-10-20

Pros
Recurly makes it easy for us to manage subscriptions and manage billing. There is absolutely no complication involved.

Cons
Setting up Recurly needs little technical assistance without which it becomes little difficult. However this is a great platform

Eric Engelson

Easy-To-Use Interface, Lacks Some Seemingly Intuitive Features

Reviewed 2016-07-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The product was easy to navigate and had a very short learning curve.

Cons
The software was missing some functionalities that I would think would be standard with a billing and payment oriented software. The billing periods/cycles were not easily customizable. Ensuring that a recurring billing subscription did not renew also seemed to be more difficult than it should be.

Great Billing Management System

Reviewed 2018-06-11

Subscription Management

Pros
The functionality and the support are amazing. Recurly is a tool we use almost daily to manage subscriptions and I couldn't ask for a better tool.

Cons
Coupons! Coupons are an absolute pain to add-in, especially if the subscription expired with a coupon already attached.

Anonymous

Great UI and simple to use

Reviewed 2017-12-07

Pros
The UI is amazing. I use products like Stripe as well and I find the experience much simple and customizable.

Cons
The reports and analysis section can be a lot more customizable. We find it a bit difficult to collect the exact data we require for our month end analysis.

Becky Jewell Laughton

Elegant and Simple Solution for Small-to-Midsize Business

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Our sales reps and admins can use the software easily with very little training. When I offer consulting services to small businesses, I often recommend that they start billing services with Recurly - and I'm not even a Recurly affiliate! My clients do well with Recurly, which helps me do well.

Pros
It's easy to see payments and overdue accounts. Updating credit cards is easy to do, and it is easy for our reps and admins to use.

Harrison Krat

Overall Recurly is a great and intuitive product which is easy to use.

Reviewed 2015-01-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Once you learn the software, it's easy and quick to get things done. Seeing past history on an account is clear. Our organization is easily able to give many different departments access and enough privileges to fully own our required tasks. Still, our finance department can truly own billing and collections. If and when their have been issues with Recurly, their support has been thorough, and their communications have been clear and helpful.

Cons
You definitely need training from someone else who has used it to learn it properly. It didn't seem intuitive or something I could learn on my own. Also I'd say about 15% of the time, the site is down, or I at least have to log in three or four times. If manual collection is used for certain invoices, you lose the ability to truly audit what a customer is seeing.

Kamil Rejent

Advanced and sophisticated

Reviewed 2018-03-08

Subscription management

Pros
Recurly is a top of the top subscription management system - it gives us all we need to run saas business without putting too much development into billing issues.

Cons
Its functionalities and very broad but when it comes to details it sometimes lacks flexibility when you want to arrange something specific for your business.

Recurly is wonderful!

Reviewed 2019-05-03

Pros
I love how easy it is to help customers out by checking on their accounts and helping them with any billing related issues. It's really so wonderful to use!

Cons
Not much really! It's super easy to use and they never have any issues.

Daniela Sonego

Reviewed 2019-10-03

Pros
In general is pretty good, easy to search the clients and have an overview of the clients.

Cons
I always gets lost in the invoices and payments, I don't feel like it's very clear. Also, on top when you check how much a specific client pays for it, it shows the full price without considering the discounts they might have. So you basically need to check the discount and recalculate it. Also, it would be nice as a user be able to have more reports by the accounts that are about to end a discount period for example

Lauren Sten

Serves it's purpose

Reviewed 2018-02-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
- easy to navigate portal - easy to connect to payment processor - easy to run reporting - one single report includes all necessary information to summarize monthly bookings

Cons
- doesn't have a ton of functionality, portal is fairly basic - best for small business due to limited functionality

Brent Weaver

Takes care of it.

Reviewed 2014-08-27

Recurly has taken care of our recurring billing for two years and counting. We have multiple businesses running on the platform and have multiple recurly accounts. There product goes above and beyond when it comes to feature flow and figuring out those *next* pains they can solve.

Pros
Dunning management Automatically update credit card expiration numbers Recurring rev reports Upgrade/downgrade/cancel API (hmmmm, so nice) Lots more that I'm not listing here...

Cons
If you have multiple websites, you need multiple accounts (for cancellation templates, etc), no discount on second account for the fixed monthly Can't overwrite customer ID #'s once the customer is in the system One time purchasing not so good

Anonymous

Great tool for managing subscriptions

Reviewed 2019-08-14

Pros
Recurly is a solution I use which gives me billing functions and enables me to track subscriptions and customers. I like that it integrates with multiple payment gateways and that it offers a sandbox environment for testing and trying out new things.

Cons
I like all of it, but maybe there could be more reporting and customization options.

Nick George

Recurly to centralize your subscription billing

Reviewed 2018-10-09

This software is used to keep track of billing for our customers. We also use it to keep track of who is active and who is inactive.

Pros
I really like how this software keeps track of all your subscriptions and your balance.

Cons
I least liked the renewal bot and find that customers are having their canceled subscriptions automatically renewed by the renewal bot.

Jeremy Reynolds

Awesome Billing Tool

Reviewed 2018-12-12

Pros
Recurly is a great tool for subscription billing. It has a lot of functionality and flexibility. It is fairly easy to use and is always reliable.

Cons
Recurly is a great software but it is occasionally slow. I also think that the reporting functionality is lacking a bit.

Mona Mrani

Solid billing platform

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-08-01

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Recurly. I have used many billing platforms and this might be one of the easiest.

Pros
The ability to set recurring billing on automation is great and easy to set up. Plus their customers service team is awesome and always their when you need them. It's also very easy to add new members or terminate existing. You don't have to go through a million steps like other softwares.

Cons
Emails go to spam most of the time and the cost is kind of high.

Heather DeCato

I am a fan

Reviewed 2015-08-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I enjoyed recurly! Easy, fast and not hard to learn. I would def recommend to a friend or colleague.

Cons
Cant think of anything right now. Which I say is a very good thing.