Notehouse Reviews

4.67/5 (73 reviews)
Pros
  • Notehouse is perfect for our needs - especially love the “important dates” and “at a glance” features, as well as how easy it is to customize.Colleen D.Read the full review
  • It's intuitive and super easy to use, even for a technophobe like me.Song K.Read the full review
  • Also, the customer support is incredible. They are super responsive and roll out updates and fix bugs literally in the same day.Daniel M.Read the full review
Cons
  • Lack of integrations with GSuite (calendar, especially), Slack, etc.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I have so many conversations, it's hard to keep track of them.Ben S.Read the full review
  • It is sorted by date added with no other sorting options. For example, by alphabetical order or by most recent data.Alysha T.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Vanessa Castañeda Gill

A total timesaver for founders!

Reviewed 2019-01-25

Pros
I'm a social impact video game designer, so I've got a whole lot of people in my gaming and user communities to keep track of. I love the simplicity of Notehouse. In a quick second, I can search with tags to find one of my people–whether they're a tester, parent, or investor. I also like that I can include the little things that I'm often at risk of forgetting about my users, and being able to bring up those little details with our game testers and parents has made all the difference in building a strong community surrounding our game.

Cons
Honestly, describing how useful it is to the rest of my team! They're starting to network at various events in their areas, and I'm so excited for them to try it first hand and see how much of a game changer it is.

Response from Notehouse

Your work sounds amazing Vanessa! We are thrilled that Notehouse is able to support you in your incredible work!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Melissa Roberts

Great little program!

Reviewed 2019-11-08

Pros
It is a great, inexpensive program with a very responsive team backing them up. It's not difficult to navigate or learn the basics.

Cons
It was far too simplistic for our needs. There isn't a strong reporting system and once you get a large number of entries, it can be a bit messy.

Response from Notehouse

Thanks for giving us a try Melissa!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

VERONICA TERRY

This is what I've been looking for!

Reviewed 2020-01-29

I have been trying to figure out how to document 70+ clients logically and effectively for year. I have tried paper documentation, Google, Word, etc. Nothing worked the way I needed it to. This is amazing and has so much potential. It has already significantly improved our productivity and I'm sure it will continue to improve overall.

Pros
Everything is in one place. I can easily document and access documentation without having to rifle through papers or spend a bunch of time figuring out where I saved files. The customer service is PHENOMENAL

Cons
I think the software is still really new, which means there are still functions that have yet to be incorporated. But this isn't really a "con."

Response from Notehouse

Thank you SO MUCH Terry! We are so honored to support your incredible work!

Tracy Fisher

Exactly what I was looking for. It was bought before the trial ran out!

Reviewed 2019-12-18

Pros
As a social worker it is hard to find a software to help with client notes. Unlike other social workers, I work at a school that doesn't have a logging software. I hated using a word pad to log things. It's hard to find notes and it's hard to keep track of things as I do them. I opened this program and it was instantly what I needed. After trying many programs it was a relief to finally find something easy to use. I also was happy that I didn't have to custom my experience. I'm a hands on learner and I wanted to see what they had to offer - I don't want to spend hours setting up my own software just to not be able to use it due to complexity or price.

Cons
There are tiny things I'd like changed, but I consider these upgrades. I also don't want the base program changed - if they do upgrade I'd like to pick and choose what add ons I need. Right now the interface isn't crowded which makes it easy to use.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you SO MUCH Tracy for this wonderful review! We are so grateful that you are liking Notehouse and took the time to write this!

Debra Abraham

Lost my excitement

Reviewed 2020-02-06

Its was great at the initial stage but when communication breaks down its with customer services it limits us in what we can do.

Pros
You have a good system and i know starting out with any business first hand the challenges however your customer should be the priority no matter what’s going on. I personally sent a few emails after upgrading to the monthly fee to get support surrounding how to access the free premium upgrade as per your new year marketing. You did respond letting me now when I would be available now its been six week since my last email and no respond. I have add a new users and w stil do not know how to access the premium upgrade to how to make the new users manager of their files. Also when choosing form th enlist of professions you should have social services industry listed as this from what i read of your company was the primary market or one of them.

Cons
There is no instruction on how to se once upgrade

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review Debra and I am so sorry you have felt like we haven't attended to your needs. I just looked in my email and I have no correspondence from someone who goes by Debra Abraham and I also don't see any accounts listed under your company name so I can't find the emails you are referring to. If you would like to email me at Lauren@getnotehouse.com I will be sure to respond right away. It looks like you are doing amazing work in the community and we want to be sure to support you in that!

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Joan Fernandez

Great software!

Reviewed 2019-11-07

Pros
I like having the ability to upload case-specific documents on a client's file, where appropriate, list important deadlines, and designate a lead onto each case. Above all, this has made our grant reporting a lot easier, as we are able to tag each case onto a specific grant and follow through the duration and outcome of our cases easily. We used to spend so many hours having to do this manually, so Notehouse has been able to save our office a lot of valuable time!

Cons
It would be great if we could create calendar categories that we can sort through (e.g., master calendar hearing, individual hearing, decision, one year filing deadline, etc.) so that can get ideas of how much capacity we have to accept more hearings on any given month of the year. It would also be great to see and be able to sort through those dates on a Google Calendar-esque format rather than on the side bar.

Response from Notehouse

Thanks so much for this great review Joan! We so appreciate it and feel honored to support you in your incredible work.

Rosie Moore

Great Time Saver

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Tome and organization helps me to keep track of my billing

Pros
The ease of use and that no matter what device I can access clients from the road

Cons
The tasks need to stay current until i enter the file to update it.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this Rosie! We are so pleased to support your important work!

Amanda Hager

Makes my Job so much Easier!

Reviewed 2020-01-29

This software keeps my notes organized and easy to find, use, and edit. I have saved lots of time by incorporating this software into my daily work.

Pros
I love the ability to quickly access clients and jot down notes. This software saves me so much time during my day, as well as keeping me organized with little effort. It is absolutely worth the money spent. The staff members are wonderful, respond quickly, and are receptive to feedback that will help them improve their product.

Cons
It's new so it needs some improvements/troubleshoots, but the staff is amazing and is very receptive to feedback and clearly wants to make this program the best for their users.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much Amanda!!!! We so appreciate your time in writing this and are so glad we can support your work!

Patrick Lappin

Great for the people business

Reviewed 2019-11-17

Pros
It is so simple to use. The tagging system helps you search and find easily. It’s easy to input and go back and edit. It’s just not complicated.

Cons
I would like to know how to run reports on it so that I could teach numbers of appointments etc. When it’s loading slowly it’s difficult to tell if anything is happening or not - could do with seeing a bar loading or something.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for this great review Patrick! I love the bar loading idea and will add to our queue of projects!

Hannah Roberts

Loved the product

Reviewed 2019-11-18

Great experienced. Customer services was very helpful.

Pros
I loved the ease of use and the simplicity of the product. I have tested out other case management software and it has more features then I needed— which got in the way of my work.

Cons
That you could not upload and then retrieve files. But I believe that has changed.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for this review Hannah and we are so glad you are liking Notehouse! Because all of our customer service is personalized (you talk to a real live human!) we are so happy to hear you loved that as well!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

Notehouse has improved my practice 100%!

Reviewed 2019-05-31

This is such an easy and efficient program to use. I love the fact that it is on my phone and I can dictate my notes, which is much faster for me than typing. When I am seeing my next client, I can quickly pull up my previous notes and I’m ready for the session in two minutes. The automatic billing ( subscription) makes it extremely easy and efficient for me as well.I can’t say enough good things about notehouse!

Pros
So easy to use. The voice to text works so much better than my Siri does. I am a therapist and I quickly dictate my notes at the end of each session and it couldn’t be more efficient. I to be a terrible documenter but notehouse has made me a great one. I also love that I can include in my notes exactly what I want and need to and do not have to use a forced template.

Cons
I truly love everything about it! The voice to text feature is excellent, the ease of sign in, the easy access to previous notes and the simplicity of design allmake it useful and appealing

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We are so thrilled that it is working for you and thank you for the important work you do as a therapist!

Lauren Bence

Great tool for documentation

Reviewed 2019-01-25

As an HR professional, timely, accurate documentation is required. Using Notehouse has completely automated this process for me, from basic inquiries from employees to documenting investigations, to keeping notes on vendors and other partners. Also, the system conveniently archives your notes, so they are always handy and not back in the office in a paper notebook, which also means your data is kept confidential and secure.

Pros
Ease of use- Notehouse's simplicity is ideal for documenting conversations, program updates, investigations and outcomes. It is great for categorizing notes by employee, client, project, what ever it is that you need active and historical info on. It has all the functionality needed with the distraction of 'extra' and never used modules offered by other systems.

Cons
I really like the software as is, one suggestion for future releases would be to add a 'save' button in addition to 'add note'. Certainly not a major issue since all your info is saved by adding the note, but it would be an welcomed extra.

Response from Notehouse

We are so glad you are loving Notehouse and that our user friendly interface is helping you better support your employees! We are looking into making an automatic save feature or including a save button and thank you for this great idea!

Colette Ernst

Good Program for basic customer tracking.

Reviewed 2019-05-31

I have used a hack to include the company by putting it as the last name and putting the whole name in the first name slot. This made it possible to sort by company for my purposes and made the program functional as the users need to be able to search by company type. The program is used but less frequently due to the lack of ability to link multiple people to an event.

Pros
The program allows note taking and important dates to be tracked to one customer. It helps remember important events and dates and who the lead is on those events.

Cons
There is no feature to put what company the person is with - only names. The search feature is only able to sort based on first and last name or tags. This means that any notes cannot be searched. It would be a better program if there was a way of connecting more than one person to an event without having to duplicate the event. So it 5 clients attended a house showing one could note who you invited and who showed up.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much Colette for this feedback and we are totally on the same page with you in terms of features we are hoping to add soon (which is why we're listed as currently in our first beta round with a price break for our amazing early adopters like yourself!). While the notes in each case are searchable we agree that being able to see where a certain word shows up in ANY case/client would be great and we're hoping to roll it out before the end of the year. Love your company hack and also want to add that you could create a "tag" for the company or company type you could also search and sort for that specific company or type. Thanks so much again for using Notehouse and please feel free to reach out directly with any other ideas or questions!!!!

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Song Kim

FINALLY! Software I'm excited to use!

Reviewed 2019-02-03

I really feel like Notehouse was designed with me in mind! Juggling a huge case load as a non-profit lawyer is stressful enough as it is, and having to create my own system of staying organized with so much information added a lawyer of anxiety. Notehouse figured out a way to take that load off my shoulders, and it has been a real joy to use!

Pros
It's intuitive and super easy to use, even for a technophobe like me! It helps me keep organized by tracking of all the important information I need for a client without having to wade through different documents and databases. The platform is also visually beautifully designed!

Cons
I'd like a way to display more than the next two upcoming dates on each case. I can enter as many as I like, but only the next two show when I open an individual case file, and it would be helpful to see more at once.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much Dahsong! We are honored to be able to support amazing work like yours and to help you focus on your clients! We will look into ways to add more dates and let you know when that feature is added! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this review and for all the work you do in the world!

Kimberly Whyte

Just What I Needed

Reviewed 2019-05-31

It’s been great. I emailed and asked a question, and they were quick to get back, and even inquired later if it had worked out, and if I had any other questions. For what it is advertised for, it works!

Pros
I love that NoteHouse is exactly what it says it is — a place for client notes. I am a psychotherapist who works with an agency. The agency does all the billing and intake information with booking in their system. The thing that they are missing is a place for notes. Therefore, I’ve been keeping notes in a filing cabinet and at the end of the week and/or month I have to sort through all these notes I’ve typed up — kept secure on my computer, printed off, signed — etc. It was SO overwhelmingly time consuming. Therefore, being able to put my notes into the system, is FABULOUS.

Cons
I’ve actually only used the APP as I have an iPad as my main source of “computer”. Therefore, I believe there are a few things that are missing from the app version, but if needed I can use a computer for those features. If the app had a few more features like printing, exporting etc. That would be great.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much Kimberly and we are thrilled that you are liking Notehouse! We are working on creating our app to be fully functional and thank you for helping get us there!!!

Boyuan Gao

An easy solution to a gaping need

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-05

I've pretty much already covered it, but just want to reiterate that it's so simple to use. As a small business owner, it makes my admin life a great deal easier.

Pros
It's user friendly. The other options that I found online were all clunky and totally confusing to navigate. I love how Notehouse keeps things as simple as possible, while still providing the function that is necessary to get my job done. It's been a lifesaver organizing client information in a way that I can actually find again. I've signed up for so many online software platforms where I just never returned to them because I couldn't figure out how to fully incorporate them into my already established work flow. Notehouse didn't require me to do a complete overhaul of my current processes, it's only streamlined and enhanced them. I love it!

Cons
It's still fairly new, so there is room to create more customization for different types of users.

Response from Notehouse

Wow! Thank you Boyuan!!! We are so glad you are loving Notehouse!!!!

Anonymous

Great way to organize notes!

Reviewed 2019-01-24

Central notekeeping platform for case management.

Pros
I am an attorney at a small firm and before Notehouse, I had no central way to organize and share client notes with my team. Notehouse solved the problem with a really easy to use system to store and tag notes and important dates/events for my cases. It’s also really affordable—much less than other case management systems and simpler to use.

Cons
It’s brand new so I think a mobile app is coming soon which will be great for accessing notes anywhere.

Response from Notehouse

We are so glad this has been useful for your firm!!! And yes, a mobile app is coming!!!!

Angela Breeden

Good product

Reviewed 2019-11-08

The product is good. We needed simple and clear without clutter and that is what this is . The price is right.

Pros
I can list all my clients with tags so I can easily find people who fall into a certain category. It is very easy to set up and use.

Cons
There is no ability to change the default setting to "all clients" . So although I need to see everyone as the lead coordinator, I have to click around t make that happen. Also when you pull a selection and then choose a client, you cannot go "back" to your search. You will have to start your search over.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for this review Angela and I am excited to let you know that, because of user feedback like yours, we are creating the ability to save your search! Whoo hoo! Thanks also for sharing with your colleagues and friends, we so appreciate you!

Jennifer Kirchmeier

Very User friendly

Reviewed 2019-08-10

It has been very user friendly. we had to take a break from using it and we tried to use paper to document but we have since gone back to notehouse as it worked best for us I a excited to use it again as it was so user friendly and a great way to store all of our client information

Pros
This software is so easy to use that even our non computer guy can use it and it is very organized.

Cons
wish there was a place to upload documents to store

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much Jennifer! We are so thrilled that you are loving Notehouse! Uploading documents is definitely something we are considering so stay tuned!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kim Tipsord

Easy to Use and Set Up

Reviewed 2019-06-03

Notehouse allows our small nonprofit to spend more time assisting our clients and less time on paperwork.

Pros
The thing I like the most about this software it is simple to use and only takes a few minutes to get it up and running. We were using a more complicated software but it was hard to navigate and use. In addition, it took hours of training to get a person up to speed.

Cons
The thing I like the least is I think it needs a little more features such as a calendar, call log and places to add forms etc. In addition, the ability to change the date on the notes would be amazing. Sometimes, notes are entered in days later and this would help a lot.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for this amazing review Kim! We are SO grateful that you like the product as small non profits like yourself are the exact reason we wanted to create Notehouse!! Even though we want to keep things as simple as possible we are absolutely adding new features in the coming months (which is why we currently have a price break as we are just in our MVP/beta stage!) Please feel free to email me directly if you have any other thoughts and thanks again for using Notehouse!!!!!!

Ashley Evins

Simplicity at it's Finest

Reviewed 2019-11-19

Pros
I love the layout of the program! So easy to use and is adaptable for our specific needs! Such an excellent addition to our program.

Cons
I wish there were a few more features, specifically the ability to share a caseload and easier client search features. Every time I select all it will allow me to see the entire caseload but once I select a client, it automatically reverts back to my individual caseload. This extra step can add to the work flow.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Ashley and we are so thrilled that we are making your important work easier! We are working on the ability to "save" a search so you don't have to re-include the inputs any time so stay tuned! Thank you thank you thank you again!

Daniel Massaro

Great platform that is constantly improving!

Reviewed 2020-01-25

Pros
The software is intuitive and covers all the bases for us. Also, the customer support is incredible. They are super responsive and roll out updates and fix bugs literally in the same day. Super impressive! I definitely will recommend to friends/colleagues. Keep up the great work!

Cons
I really like it, honestly. One thing I do wish there was is a spot in the demographic information to add Social Security Numbers. This would help out. Although, I think it is likely this will be rolled out in a future version anyway so its really not even a con.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much Daniel! Reviews like this mean the world to us and we are honored to support your powerful work!

Kira Butler

Simple, too simple?

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-06-07

Pros
I like that the software is simple and fairly user friendly.

Cons
Perhaps it's a little too simple for therapeutic practice. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have your own paperwork and/or are a more experienced therapist. If you are just starting out, know that there are no existing therapy templates for documentation to help you make sure you have all your bases covered. Also, you would have to store your own templates elsewhere and then copy them in each time you wanted to complete a document such as a progress note, assessment or treatment plan. However, you can't beat the price, so if you're trying to keep cost low, maybe that's worth it to you?

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for trying us out Kira and we hear what you are saying! Simplicity is what we love though we are adding a few features so will hopefully have a little more to share soon! Thanks again for all the work you do!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Courtney Balacco

Excellent database, simple to use, excited to see how it grows!

Reviewed 2019-06-18

Pros
Love the tag feature and ease of access.

Cons
I wish there was a way to allow shared access but limit what people see (I.E. Shared team members don't see my personal notes or progress notes, but can see the overview/FYI section). Also wish there were two sections for notes (one for academic progress notes, and one for counseling) that can be edited by shared team members.

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for this review Courtney and we are so excited to see you are loving our system! You must have read our minds because allowing for two different levels of access is in our product roadmap for this year! We will be sure to keep you updated on our progress and thanks so much again for trying Notehouse!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Barbara Szelest

Helpful software but not enough options for private practice

Reviewed 2019-06-07

Pros
Free, inexpensive, has a community feeling

Cons
Not enough options to be a comprehensive website for Private practice

Response from Notehouse

Thank you so much for trying out the software Barbara! If you're looking for a very specific solution we may not be for you but we are also really open to customer feedback :) While we want to make sure to keep it simple, we also want to make sure it's what our customers need and want. Feel free to email me at any time with your thoughts and thank you again for your time!!!

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10