Adobe Learning Manager Logo

Deliver personalized learning experiences at scale.

Adobe Learning Manager Reviews - Page 6

CU

Claudio Ulises S.

Adobe Captivate Prime. Fluid, Intelligent, Saves Time and Flexible

Work intelligently and is productive until the end, import your Power Point slides in Adobe Capivate, introduce objects, animations and multimedia, easily update the content, it gives you the perfect resource for your online learning projects. Superate yourself.

Pros

The Tool surpasses itself, offers the most attractive interactive and independent content without complications, automatically transforms your old projects into flexible projects offering a great viewing experience with the integration of Adobe Typekit

Cons

The complexities in your tasks, is not to click the Adobe Captivate button. Do not miss the opportunity to use all the resources that this tool gives you

DV

DeAnn V.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Name Brand Advantage

I needed to design new eLearning courses and Captivate was my solution, or so I thought. I had to spend a lot of time learning to use the software platform before I could make the templets work for me. I know learning abilities differ with each individual however, I am quiet good at learning and using new software. This did require a little more effort than originally anticipated. It got the job done but not without suffering.

Pros

The fact that it is a product of Adobe, which is a highly recognized brand associated with professionalism and quality.

Cons

Having to learn the system before utilizing the templets. The advertisement made it seems easier than what it really was.

Used other for 6-12 months

Not standard Adobe

The benefits of the program were soon outweighed by the amount of money and time/effort it took to produce a product we were happy with. Overall, it's not a horrible product. For someone who knows what they're doing (I only knew what I wanted, and was only mildly adept at using the product), I could see it being a valuable product to LMS work. In my company's instance, this was not the case.

Pros

The software itself served the purpose for which we purchased it. It has great functionality and export/custom options that allow you to do what you need.

Cons

The least impressive element about the software was how difficult it was to use. Unlike some other Adobe programs (which some may say are not very intuitive), this program required a lot of prior knowledge about logic/a programming mindset. The mix between Adobe Edge Animate/Muse and Microsoft Powerpoint made it a bit cumbersome to understand.

Public Safety, 201-500 employees

Good so far

Our Account Manager is amazing. He has been my go to for everything and has been super responsive, always has an answer or finds out for me. I wish there was an option for more training or stronger community, but our AM has been able to help me get up and running so I guess it's okay.

Pros

Easy to add internal and external people. Easy to load content and create/assign to user groups. Reports are pretty good if you export to excel and then tweak to what you need.

Cons

Confusing to get started. Bulk upload over rights everything done prior. Oops, learned that one day one by mistake. It's also confusing that Captivate is not the same as Captivate Prime. Captivate creates the content and Prime is the LMS for it. Wish the names were different because we get confused all the time as to which one someone is talking about.

ML

Michael L.

Military, 10,001+ employees

Easy to Use

Excellent! It is easy and allows interactive training development that is of quality for today's business needs.

Pros

What I liked most was the ease of learning how to use the software

Cons

I haven't found any yet, and hope I don't

AE

Agustina E.

Primary/Secondary Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Lo mejor

Pros

Lo que más me ha gustado de este software es que me ayuda a poder trabajar/estudiar

Cons

O qué menos me ha gustado de este software es que en algunas funciones son complicadas

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

AS

Angela S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

First Time User Experience with Captivate 2019

I own my own company and definitely was in need of software to help in content development. I was very concerned because I am not, by profession, a content developer, nor was I sure about my ability to use software to build courses. However, after buying the software, and participating in the Adobe Captivate Specialist course, I am extremely confident in my ability to build the courses I need for my clients.

Pros

The software is easy to use, preview as you go, edit, make changes, and even scrap and start again if you need. Everything I could possibly imagine to add to courses is available in this software! I found most capabilities within the system to be intuitive once you got started. This software is definitely something that the most seasoned user can manage, as well as the most novice. I am a novice with the software and the idea of building courses on my own, but am more excited since taking the Captivate Specialist Course and seeing how user friendly the software can actually be!

Cons

Just the learning curve, and that I didn't try it sooner! A few glitches that need to be dealt with if you are using HD resolution screens, as well.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Good LMS but UI can be difficult

Used Captivate Prime to provide company resources with training in a medical device company. Again, great value but we found it difficult to use on an ongoing basis - setup was easy, but performing daily tasks is a chore.

Pros

Offers a host of features for a low, simple price. Offers an audit log for many actions.

Cons

Usability is a bit tough - requires some effort to learn most tasks and multiple roles and clicks to perform most actions

ES

Eduardo S.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Very reliable, but fairly closed LMS

Pros

The design is amazing, the skill-based system is very educational, the whole experience inside Captivate Prime is very good, for the course publisher and for the students. Integration with Captivate content is stellar.

Cons

I foud it a bit difficuld to "build my school" the way I wanted with it. I believe a more integrated approach with the outside world would bring more benefits for the Captivate Prime service. For the moment, it´s great to create and deliver courses themselves, but if we want to add outside resources or integrations we don´t have too much we can do. So if you intend to make a very modern, advanced course and study experience, Prime doesn´t allow you to go too far.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Brilliant but needs some work on navigation

I think Captivate is an amazing but there are enhances that could be made to make the adoption for new users better.

Pros

I love that the software gave me this ability to really design the most interactive and sometimes out of the box e-learning courses. I was able to use a multitude of different approaches to really get my learners to into the swing of the content that they were completing. I would love to see more multimedia tool being incorporated into the overall suite rather than separate sales.

Cons

The adoption of this software was not easy. I had to spend some time doing research and getting my head around all the settings that needed to be changed or steps that need to be taken to get the course exactly how I wanted it. There was no easy way to cross check my content with other inputers unless they were an Captivate user and even then they would need to give feedback via a document. The review process could have been made better much how Articulate is doing all online. I also believe that a template library would be incredibly useful to ensure that company CI is easy to follow.

CW

Cheryl W.

Good Authoring Tool but has bugs

Captivate 9 has contained some really nice features. Some work properly but others do not. This can be frustrating if you create a course surrounding a certain functionality, only to realize the bugs have not been quite worked out. With that said - the partner plug-ins with E-learning Bros is fantastic and a welcome addition.

Pros

Familiar platform.

Cons

Quiz feature will not work properly if course is narrated and has content located after quiz. Quix features should be upgraded.

Adán A.

The proven quality of Adobe products in the LMS industry

Pros

It feels like Adobe immediately after you open it. It is software for professional designers, but the quality of the results are the ones of a pro. You can control lots of settings and features.

Cons

As I mentioned in the "pros" section. The problem for us was that we are not professional designers so it took us a while and lots of tutorials after to figure it out how to use it. If you have some experience with Adobe products, it helps. We were looking for a product to create Spanish e-learning courses, so we needed a foreign keyboard feature to allow students to add their answers using Spanish characters. Apparently there is no such a feature yet, so we decided to not go ahead with Captivate for this project.

SR

Soleiraz R.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Adobe Learning Manager, for my students

In the case of evaluations or approval of courses and contents, the passing grade is usually lost, which must be corrected.

Pros

This service is very functional, it is easy to reach him and my students, he fulfills the evaluation work for the students.

DS

Danielle S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Free trial a introduction

The overall experience: Adobe Captivate Prime is essentially for Business organizations with mutable employees not for individuals.

Pros

The content is organized and well presented, my interests, Photoshop and Adobe illustrator, were in depth concise and easy to follow.

Cons

The assets needed to work through the lessons were not available to the free trial experience. Understandable.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

review

Pros

easy to figure out the feature. such as adding image and video. Knowledge checking feature is very flexible.

Cons

video usage causing glitch on training software. the embedded video size should be reduced without lose quality. it would be good to sort out the answers given to knowledge check questions. it will give indication to instructor to see weak point of training or mistake on the question.

JV

Jose V.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

Incredible plattform for eLearning delivery

If you are evaluating design alternatives you must prove Adobe Captivate Prime, there are a lot of possibilities of create an very attractive UI for learners, also check the Solving Problem blog that have a wonderfull and usefull features

Pros

Great capabilities fro design, very good options in socialising contents, goods engagements options as badges, also permit design your owns. Others features as integration with Adobe Creative Suite made of Adobe Captivate a must have for all whos design an learning and elearning programs

Cons

We dont have a significative cons on the use of the trial period, in fact all of our requirements of design related to quality UI, easy of use, social features, was covered. We only add more Gamming options to make it better

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

Making the Switch

We are working to bridge the gap between what gets trained (L1& L2) and what is performed once trained (L3 & L4). This has been a great solution that doesn't take up any extra time!

Pros

I loved the idea of setting up your courses with the end in mind. The system works best after setting up all your badging, skills, certifications, etc. Makes you and your T&D teams really think through the material and content you are wanting to publish. It also makes all the various training parts seem more cohesive.

Cons

It took a little bit of getting used to the ease of use. (Not really a con!) Captivate Prime is lightyears beyond our current LMS, so we will have to be strategic in implementation as to not overwhelm the learners/managers.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Here comes the intelligent solution to your LMS needs....

Good solid solution to all your Learning, Training needs.

Pros

Adobe captivate Prime gives you a simple and intelligent solution for deploying elearning modules, presentations, learning plans and also keeping enhance the user engagement. Adobe Captivate Prime should be the foremost choice as the wealth of functionality that it provides is excellent when you compare it with other LMS tools available in the market. The "Fluidic player" that Prime has the ability to play MP4, PPTXs,, Adobe Captivate or Adobe Presenter projects, DOCX, SCORM or AICC packages. With this the adminstrator or the curator can add notes at any point to their content.

Cons

The modern user interface is extremely advanced, but cannot be considered intuitive. Smaller organizations (that does not boast of bigger audience size) might hesitate going for the captivate prime experience as it is costly compared to the other LMS tools available. Also, the interface might be little tough to master as experimenting with the software is a definite step needed to master it.

DB

Denise B.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Review of Adobe Captivate Prime

The support team is responsive and generally able to assist within the first communication. Having a representative I can ask questions to is great and some are better than others. Overall, I am happy with the product and support. It is by far better than others I have used, hands down.

Pros

There are many features available and they continue to update the application with improvements and additional features. There is a general ease of use, particularly for the learner.

Cons

Early on there wasn't a lot of How to documentation but that has changed. Some features are not as user friendly.

AS

Anthony S.

Consumer Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Using Adobe Learning Manager

It works smooth with our daily training team schedule and allows us to make change when needed.

Pros

I love how the Content creation and delivery: Options for creating and delivering engaging multimedia content, including videos, interactive presentations, quizzes, and assessments.

Cons

Lack of flexibility: An LMS that doesn't offer customization options or the ability to adapt to specific organizational needs and workflows may limit its usability and appeal.

FF

Felix F.

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

A magnificent tool, is able to enhance engagement and with this tool plus your creativity you can create magic. simply excellent

Fantastic tool..

Pros

the graphical interface, the multiple options that it offers you, how easy it is to use it, in short "an experience for the user".

Cons

few own options for communication, integration or socialization among the participants, is not decisive, but increases the cost and complexity at the time of putting together an interactive training.

Irene R.

E-Learning, 10,001+ employees

LMS records progress and recommends personalized learning plans

This is a highly recommended LMS for organization of any size. If it's within your budget, don't miss it.

Pros

Adobe Captivate Prime provides options for you to take courses recommended by the LMS based on your job level, skill level and your career path. This can be a perfect support for your career development.

Cons

The designs of training transcripts could be better than just an excel dump.

SA

Shirley A.

E-Learning, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

Disappointed

After my initial excitement at what appeared to be another stunning Adobe product, I was disappointed by the 'bugs' in its functionality. I was intending to use it for my own online elearning website, but due to the reasons stated above I have decided not to proceed with Captivate and will probably use another elearning package instead.

Pros

The special features were very good. The template library was impressive and the number of different formats, including video demos, 3D slides, question slides, interactive slides gives online learning the engagement for students needed.

Cons

Unfortunately, I found a number of functions that didn't work very well. e.g. Once a simple quiz was created and uploaded to preview drag and drop slides didn't drag very well, slides progressed onto the next slide before the correct answer had been selected, it wasn't possible to add a 3D slide into a normal presentation meaning a separate learning module would need to be created in addition to other learning modules, which is cumbersome to administer for a learning organisation. I also found the properties inspector to be overly complicated.

Noga S.

Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees

Beautiful system – questionable integration

Pros

Very attractive graphics and UI flow Clever inclusion of independent R&R system Matrixed psychology used in learning style, engagement and reinforcement I like that reporting includes the differentiation between course completion and course engagement duration spent by the individual. I think that’s important for different reasons (HIPAA annual cert. v management training) and needs to be captured.

Cons

Back end integration not mentioned which leads me to question whether it is a possibility at all and the cost for such integration and data sharing with additional vendors Entire system appears to be a closed-end system and not something which is very easily integrated even on the front end it’s mentioned but I have a hard time seeing where it would be integrated other than customization of images and other flat components I am concerned that potentially employees would find this to be a distraction away from their work assignments. I’m curious to see what kind of reinforcement and regulation might be available to avoid that type of distraction.

JK

Jill K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Adobe Captivate Prime Review

We got absolutely no support when reviewing to decide whether or not to purchase, we emailed and called several times. We got no response until after we purchased and even then it was minimal. I like the software but would've liked some training instead of having to figure it out.

Pros

I really like that you can have more than one grouping. It provides for better use for clients as well as staff. It's fairly easy to figure out how to maneuver through the different pages and it's easy to upload new courses.

Cons

It comes with NO instruction, even the how-to videos don't really tell you how to do anything. The fact that you have to use Captivate to develop training decks in order to get a good flow of a course is not ideal.