Docebo Logo

Docebo: Built for the business of learning

Docebo Reviews

Suggested alternatives

talentlms
360learning
absorb-lms

The over experience using the platform has been pretty good and lots to learn as an admin. There are definitely lots of functionalities that I have not seen in any other platform which is really good.
It provides an excellent end user experience for all levels, learners, admins and everyone in between. And best of all is the absolute BEST customer service we have EVER had anywhere.
This upgrade should not have been released without more internal testing. It's a mess and new problems creep up every day.
Hardly anything because key features are not working and support is not addressing them.

Dave K.

Director of Technical Learning

Industrial Automation, 201-500 employees

Easy Start and Scalable for any Business!

Transcript

Dave K.: Hi, my name is Dave. I'm the Director of Technical Learning at a small engineering and manufacturing...

Dave, thank you for leaving the video review! Your feedback is so valuable to Docebo and we appreciate you taking the time to give it.

Jennifer C.

Entertainment, 10,001+ employees

Docebo continues to grow and evolve as we do.

They have been the most phenomenal partners for our organization. We truly believe that their success has allowed us to experience the growth and success we have driving a learning culture.

Pros

We love the fact the software is constantly growing and evolving and has allowed us to grow beyond what we originally thought possible. We also love the partnership we have with Docebo. We feel our business truly matters to them and that they listen to our needs and use cases to help us solve any issues.

Cons

The software is growing and evolving quickly, it sometimes feels like they are moving quickly onto the next product rather than fully developing what they were working on. The product or new feature may be 95%-99% complete.

ML

Misty Lyn K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Why I like Docebo Learn

Overall the experience with Docebo has been positive. They are very engaged with me & when I was at their annual meeting, the account manager introduced me to people who could help in some things he knew I would be interested in. Just one more reason to appreciate the customer experience with them.

Pros

Docebo has a platform that we can grow into. They make updates that make the organization look good, as it keeps the learner view and/or experience fresh. The customer service aspect is very good - there is a chat & a knowledge library & community at your fingertips. And they have a system of upvoting ideas that the community may make.

Cons

When setting up your system, there are a lot of things to do. One of the frustrating things can be the number of clicks to create something.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Cumbersome, myopic UX and sub-par technical support

I have been configuring eLearning systems for almost 20 years and while the admin interface is easy to use for those new to LMS, and it's not the worst LMS platform... this is a lightweight system that lacks the critical component of end-user/learner experience, content organization structures, search functionalities, general wayfinding and flexibility as authoring technologies change.

Pros

Hmmm. Exploring gamification looks like it may be promising but honestly, I'm already disappointed that the demo environment presented to us has all sorts of customizations that require external resource/effort to create.

Cons

Inability to easily preview the learner experience is at the top of my laundry list of functional limitations

HK

Heather K.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Effective Platform for LMS!

Pros

Overall love using Docebo! It is easily branded to your organization, has lots of availability with reporting, Docebo team members are extremely pleasant to work with, and the platform is generally pretty intuitive. We get lots of compliments on the look of the LMS. We appreciate the release item changes and the desire to remain competitive in the market with the features available.

Cons

The capabilities within content creation in courses and notifications. The basic HTML page is very challenging to work with and you don't receive the same modern/ aesthetically pleasing viewing experience that you do when using other 3rd party tools. The notification experience is very basic and doesn't allow for much customization or the ability to preview and play around with the notifications.

PD

Patrick D.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Director of Training

Over the years we have utilized several different LMS platforms. I can say that Docebo has offered a very stable lis with customizable features that have met all our needs.

Pros

Ease of use and overall functionality of the platform. The reporting is customizable so that those that need the information can receive it automatically every day, week, month or yearly.

Cons

Since we have over 2500 employees it did take some time to setup since we integrated this platform with our payroll system.

SN

Sheri N.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

My favorite LMS!

I've used Docebo with two different companies. I've had an overall good experience and would choose it again. Most of my everyday tasks work well and are easy to use.

Pros

I love the way users, courses, lesson plans, and reporting are organized. I can generally configure the platform to do what I need to do regarding managing users and tracking course completions/scores. I also love how the dashboard and buttons can be customized. I was able to configure the look and feel of the platform to match our branding.

Cons

My least favorite aspect is the difficulty of trying to troubleshoot bugs in the system. We've had some tracking issues without Docebo Marketplace content that haven't been able to be resolved. When I have to ask IT for help, my requests are generally unresolved.

GV

Gerhard V.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

An LMS with almost infinite possibilities

Overall Docebo is one of the Top notch solutions when it comes to LMS-tools. It helped us setting up a whole new business within a really short time range because of good onboardings.We created a missing piece in our branch and with it we solved one of the biggest challenges out branch has.

Pros

Docebo is a more than complete LMS which makes it easy to lesen/teach specific content created either directly on the platform or with additional software authoring tools.What I like the most are the widespread possibilities we have because of the number of features. Even after using it for almost five years there are still functions I didn‘t know.Because if the constant development the software becomes better every month.The reporting possibilities are also a huge plus compared to other solutions. It has never been that easy to check the of a users learning experience.

Cons

Because of the mentioned wide range of features it takes some time to get familiar with all functions.Sometimes I get the feeling that working on new stuff is more important than improving existing features, even through it is requested a lot.Not saying they ignore the requests, but sometimes the development takes a lot of time.

KC

Kathryn C.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Endless Customization

Docebo enabled us to start creating an ecosystem of learning. We are thrilled with the flexibility and customizability we have within the platform, and are continuing to find new uses for driving learners into our portal.

Pros

For our use case, we wanted a highly customizable platform that would enable us to create custom learning experiences around "moments that matter." This was simple to achieve within the Docebo platform due to the ability to segment users to provide them with targeted experiences, and the ease of use with designing pages and menus.

Cons

The only thing that feels like a miss is not having the ability to send a direct calendar invite automatically upon enrollment. Instead, you receive an enrollment notification with the option to download the calendar invite. We've had some confusion with learners, and attendance issues due to the extra step required to add learning to an external calendar.

RA

Riyaz A.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Docebo - Great concept! Implementation needs work.

Great sales cycle, great implementation process, poor after care.

Pros

Overall good experience for learners, trainers, and admins. Good functionality as compared to other systems out there. The reporting and manager features work well.

Cons

When you get into the details and start using the system, you are surprised with functionality that does not go all the way, as expected. Bugs that show up randomly.

Timo J.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Good platform for learning platform

My overall experience with Docebo has been positive. Despite the few challenges the benefits significantly outweigh the drawbacks. The platform has transformed how we approach learning and development, making it more dynamic and accessible. Its user-friendly nature and comprehensive learning tools have made it an invaluable asset to our training strategy. While there's room for improvement, particularly in support and integrations, I'd still recommend Docebo to anyone looking for a robust learning management system.

Pros

Docebo shines with its wide array of learning tools and resources. The ability to customize learning paths for different users is a game-changer for me. It's streamlined the training process for my team, making it easier to track progress and engagement. The platform is user-friendly. I found navigating through courses, creating content, and monitoring learner progress straightforward from the get-go. This ease of use has significantly reduced the time I spend on administrative tasks.

Cons

Integration Challenges: While Docebo offers integration capabilities, I've encountered some hurdles getting it to seamlessly connect with other tools we use. This has sometimes led to workflow inefficiencies and a need for workarounds.

JC

Jessica C.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Docebo is a robust, yet manageable LMS

I am a huge Docebo fan. I have yet to have an idea to implement in my Docebo LMS that I have not been able to execute. The sky is the limit with Docebo!

Pros

Docebo is a user-friendly platform that allows you to build customized and intentional learner experiences.

Cons

While the out of the box reports can get you most of the metrics you need, the labeling of reports and they way they organize the data isn't always the most intuitive. The custom report builder can do most things, but getting to your final result isn't always an intuitive experience.

NP

Natasha P.

Law Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great UI and easy to use

I have had a very positive experience with Docebo through product selection, implementation and ongoing management. Our CSM, [sensitive content hidden], is fantastic to work with and always brings lots of great ideas and provides us with knowledge and support where needed.

Pros

Docebo is extremely easy to use in the back and front end. Our main driver in product selection was for a platform that was easy to use and customisable, Docebo ticked both of these boxes. We leverage the custom pages extensively to highlight our different training programmes. The administration is easy and clean to use with enough options for flexibility but no too many so that it becomes overly complicated.

Cons

There are some areas of the platform which are clearly older such as the user personal summary and the activities area. These areas lack some of the great features which are in other areas of the system, such as filtering and a clean user interface.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Forward thinking, cutting edge and learner centric LMS platform

Docebo is a fast growing organization with some very talented people. The platform itself is solid and will continue to get even better if they are able to continue implementing the features that are on their planned list. My biggest recommendation is to get to a better balance between firming up and fixing current functionality vs. pushing out new functionality.

Pros

Docebo's user interface is one of the best out there. I was impressed with the clean look and feel of the platform which was reinforced by our learners through their own feedback. Docebo's user experience encourages user adoption and more time in the platform if they can find and view the content they are looking for. Docebo's combination of traditional eLearning content along with it's Channels (corp. youtube type feature) are fantastic. We are looking forward to incorporating gamification to help round our the user experience.

Cons

Docebo could use some work on the administrator side of the platform. There are quite a few areas where there are way too many clicks or a lack of bulk processes that cause additional work for an administrator. One big item that hasn't made its way into the platform but is apparently in plan, is the ability for an administrator to login as a user, to see what they are seeing or even test what as...

AD

Angelena D.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 employees

If you need an LMS tool that will help your employees learn quickly and efficiently, you should opt for Docebo especially, if your work requires preparing employees for projects that differ from one another significantly.

Pros

Our company is responsible for providing support management to different projects, requiring prospective support managers training for each project individually. Our work would have been impossible without Docebo, thanks to which we can provide efficient training for our new employees. The tool has an easy to navigate interface, so our newbies are not feeling lost during onboarding. It is extremely difficult to find the right LMS to make sure that new employees complete their training successfully and ready to start working on the assigned projects. Most of the LMS are too confusing for employees, but not Docebo.

Cons

There is basically nothing to complain about, which is already quite a rarity, when it comes to different tools. Some of our employees had problems with logging in, but that occurred that rarely that it's hard to consider it an issue. So, all in all, Docebo is basically only benefits without any flaws, at least judging from our experience. A great LMS tool.

YJ

Yashovardhan J.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Unique LMS Platform

My overall experience with Docebo has been very positive. The team is professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. Docebo's user interface is simple and intuitive and their customer service is top-notch. The platform is powerful and effectively managed my online courses and classes. I'm very happy with my experience and would happily recommend Docebo to others.

Pros

I liked the fact that Docebo is highly customizable and has lots of features and tools that can be used to create great learning experiences. Additionally, the support from the Docebo team has been great. They give prompt responses and help resolve any queries I have quickly.

Cons

The least I liked about Docebo was the users’ lack of ability to customize menus and the learning management system’s overall design. The LMS platform often felt too rigid and limiting when instituting changes and making the interface more user-friendly. Additionally, the user interface was quite outdated compared to competitors.

SJ

Sean J.

The platform is functional yet easy to use but the real value is in their on-boarding support.

Pros

There is a clean and up-to-date feel to the platform that our internal and external users fine very easy to use and navigate through. There is a lot of customization, but also off-the-shelf features that allow you to plug and play. It seems like the perfect combination of customization and out-of-the-box functionality for any level of LMS user. Our L&D team does not have an in-depth technical background however customizing the Docebo UI and ensuring all of the functionality was working properly was simple enough for us to figure out.

Cons

The only gap we've experienced in the software is the ability to include a certificate in a congratulatory email after a user completes a certification Learning Plan. In order for the user to receive the certificate they have to navigate back to the final course and download the certificate from a widget underneath the course. Our preference is to include the certificate in the automated congratulatory email, but that's a very small sacrifice to make for all of the other functionality Docebo provides.

ES

Ellie S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

You get out of it what you put into it

The overall experience with Docebo is that you get out of it what you put into it. If you put the effort into the platform to make it what you want, you will get the benefits from it.

Pros

Docebo is a platform that encompasses a lot of features into one. Between a course content repository, to a social learning platform, to SCORM compatible LMS, Docebo has it all.

Cons

Certain current states of the system such as not being able to retake a course can be frustrating. There isn't much that you can't find a workaround for, but sometimes you will have a lot of work arounds for something you might seem is simple.

AD

Andreea D.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Great for user segmentation and personalized experiences

Pros

- Ability to personalize each audience's experience. - Ability to customize pages through HTML and CSS. - User-friendly admin interface. - Option to set up and customize power user visibility in great detail. - Robust documentation and very well-prepared support team. - APIs and bulk action options which make administrative tasks far less time-consuming. - Great integration options.

Cons

The ILT setup could still use some improvement. For instance, while we can build several sessions within the same ILT course, we cannot assign different training materials - all cohorts get to see the same e-learning modules, which is not ideal if access should not be allowed pre/post-event.

SP

Steven P.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Docebo - in the top 10 worldwide for a reason

Fantastic team of people to work with, and they output regular updates that don't break the system each time they roll out. The code base seems very stable.

Pros

I literally saved a part-time equivalent position when I switched LMSs to Docebo because the admin side is so easy to use. It has excellent APIs that are very capable of automation like user data feeds. The system is easy for first-time users to figure out and our admin team to set up and manage coursework.

Cons

It does a terrible job of archiving old content.

KA

Kenleigh A.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Nice LMS

Docebo was a nice platform and really impressive. If I were to join a training department that already had it in place I think I would be satisfied working within it. That being said, implementation, overall ease of use, and cost prevented us from choosing this as our LMS.

Pros

We were extremely impressed with our initial demonstration of the platform, our sales rep did a great job. It was beautiful, looked like "us" and seemed to do anything we might want. Working within the free trial of the platform it was quite nice!

Cons

It's complicated and expensive. I'd read about how the software was difficult to launch and upon logging in I could see why. We did self-implementation with a different LMS and I'm fairly confident that would not have been possible with Docebo. The cost was an almost immediate turn off for leadership as they were on the high end (we were considering options with native content, so our pricing included courses).

DT

Diana T.

Philanthropy, 11-50 employees

Great Software With Amazing Customer Service

After analysis of solutions for our LMS initiative, we selected Docebo. The tipping point in their favor was the clean look, the flexible integration, and the rich feature set. What we did not expect was the quality of the service we would get. We went with the enterprise license (still extremely cost effective), since we needed the Coach and Share, White Labeling, and other advanced features. ...

Pros

Service! We also liked the flexibility of the platform and how easy it was to create our own solution quickly.

Cons

The only thing that was difficult for us was the timing of our implementation with the timing of the new 7.0 release. It was not that big of an issue, but it was another detail we needed to consider. For example, do we change this feature or wait for 7.0?

VM

Valerie M.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Love this LMS

I have found the platform to be easy to use and fairly intuitive. Support is always easy to get through chat or tickets and my case manager is very responsive.

Pros

Love the intuitive functionality for both admin and users

Cons

Sometimes I feel more testing could be done before new releases.

Media Production, 501-1,000 employees

The most accessible LMS solution

Overall, very good. Their support team have enabled us to work through some challenging integrations and add features to customise our users' learning experience, and are just very supportive when there is a problem.

Pros

I really enjoy using Docebo as a platform as I can manage all my users' progress, manage courses with ease and update the content without having to remove and upload courses. I love that it is easy to access for other users, and that it handles technically challenging content well too.

Cons

I struggle on occasion with the admin menus - there is a lot to sift through and it could do with being reorganised.

Kyle T.

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

Better than most

They're pretty good. For the most part we have a good relationship with the company and their help desk is there for us. Sometimes, however, it can be frustrating to deal with. Haven't experienced anything different across the board with other providers thought. I guess it's just par for the course unfortunately.

Pros

The features available are pretty great. There are a few things missing, but for my company, it was a match. In addition, updates have happened frequently enough to make it worth our while. Recently they updated the video capabilities without advance notice I was pleasantly surprised to see.

Cons

I would have like to know in advance about the update video resolution capabilities. I help design and create video pieces for my company's training. Being made aware of upcoming new capabilities isn't just something you should do, it's a must. Seriously!

Yves S.

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Very disapointed on the way things are going

It used to be my goto solution for smaller business (up to 5000 employees) as it was a very good and robust LMS. However, in the last two years, Docebo is getting buggier and buggier with less and less support from the business.

Pros

I like the ease of use and how fast it is to implement. Docebo was a very good solution for smaller businesses. Their pricing used to be honnest for a SAAS solution.

Cons

The last few years have been disapointing to say the least: no customer support, major bugs, no real help and increasing price. Docebo is losing customers at a fast past and I cannot recommend it to my clients anymore, which is a shame.